Review of DermStore

service@dermstore.com
2018 Customer choice award

briannah38
5/21/19

This website is a scam!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!!!!!! I ordered powder that they said was in stock, got my confirmation email the same day, then got an email the next day saying that it is on back order. They never gave me an estimated delivery date so I clicked on the link to track my package and their website said that it was canceled. But yet I never got refunded or told that it was even canceled!! What kind of a scam is that? This website is horrible and I would not suggest it to anyone!!!

tinaw196
5/4/19

I placed an order on April 24, and as of May 2 the item I ordered has yet to be delivered to the U.S. Post Office for actual shipment. This is the longest I've waited for an item in decades. This was the first, and last, order I'll ever place with this company. I inquired about the item in an email to customer service. My message was never acknowledged or answered.

anitap78
4/26/19

I returned a very expensive blow dryer and they said that they did not receive it. They said they received the box but it didn't have the blow dryer in it. They would not refund my money! Rip off! Make sure if your returning anything to them, to video the whole thing!

elizabethw333
4/19/19

I ordered a shampoo last month and paid extra for two day shipping. After five days, I give them a call because I paid extra for two day shipping. The woman I spoke to said it takes two days to process in addition to two days to ship, so basically if you pay for two day shipping it will get there in four days or in my case five. I got a refund for the two day shipping, but trying to get that refund was like pulling teeth. I used to order from dermstore all the time, but after this experience I will not.

tuongv
4/14/19

I bought my product. So I wait until 3 weeks, the ups tracking is show my address it wrong. Then, my packing shipped back to the sender. I call the dermstore, and the customer services said my packing send to my house, but my family refuse to receive it. If I cancel or I want to send it again, anyway it will charge me 15$. I think it scam websites, don't buy any products on this.

stacyw76
4/10/19

I purchased a $600 Quasar unit from them, but had a $116 discount from a promo code. What I received was the 'baby' version, that sells for $300. I contacted them the day that I received it. They confirmed that it was their error, and would send me the original purchase. Based on my conversation with them, I no longer had any trust whatsover, that they would sent me what I paid for. So I returned the product for a refund. 2.5 months later, still no refund. So I called them yesterday, and was getting the same runaround, UNTIL I shared that I had purchased this product with my Capitol One credit card. All of a sudden they became more coorperative. Hmmmm. Even tho the Dermstore sent me a confirmation email of my refund, via crediting back the cc, it states that it can take up to 9 weeks for the refund to process. What? So I immediately called Capitol One. They ALWAYS have my back. Which means, that I will get my refund, because Capitol One will make sure of it. Thanks Capitol One. And I will NEVER EVER purchase ANTHING from Dermstore again. Buyer beware!!!

kimb570
3/29/19

I bought a box a month ago that I have still not received. One employee I spoke to gave me a full refund because it was "beyond the shipment time frame" and told me I should receive my order by last weekend. However, I still have not received the order and the customer service "supervisor" Kathryn E. is telling me I have to repurchase the order with no confirmation that the next purchase will be better. I spoke to her for 30+ minutes on chat and the only thing she did was give me around 1,000 points... Keep in mind the original guy I spoke to gave me a refund, and this Kathryn lady is telling me to repurchase the box. So basically, they did nothing about shipment being lost except for give me 'points'.
She then proceeded to cut me off 3 times in order to close out our chat. As I was still typing she exited and told me that she could no longer help me and that our conversation was going nowhere....

The most rude customer service I've ever dealt with! They are not here to appease their consumers rather they are there to just make money. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS SITE AS THEY WILL DO NOTHING TO HELP YOU IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG. And it is likely that something will go wrong.

viviena2
3/24/19

Put in an order, received confirmation and when i got the shipping tracking number it is being shipped to a different address. Called customer service and basically was told it happenss and could be a glitch in their system and for me to call my local post office to make the correction. Clearly their mistake but did nog offer to even try to put a note on the shipment or offer any other assistance. Once they get your money they don't care about good customer service.

patriciam614
3/13/19

I've been ordering from DermStore since 2013 (back when they sold on Amazon!) and although I did have a few order issues with them years ago (I just checked my archived emails to confirm this), they always made things right without fighting me on anything. In the last few years I had been alternating between this company and the similarly named SkinStore, depending on which had special offers on my products. But since that other (awful) company has morphed into the business from hell, all of my orders will now go to Dermstore.They are a fully owned subsidiary of Target, so you know you have a solid, reliable corporation behind the name. This is not, unlike that other (awful) business, some dodgy overseas warehouse operating on a collective web platform, with no real corporate offices. Dermstore's very real corporate headquarters is in Los Angeles, California. They are an authorized retailer for some of the brands sold by med spas and dermatologists' offices (like SkinCeuticals, for instance), but unlike the med spa I frequent DermStore occasionally runs specials on my product lines. Even better, I get money back by going through the Ebates portal. I consider this a safe and reliable place to buy my cosmetic supplies.

nadiad16
3/7/19

Unsealed, opened and expired Neo Cutis products, worst customer service which blaming warehouse only, there is no way to speak with the manager or supervisor. Very rude and unprofessional. Exchange 2 times -First-time product came expired, the second time opened, unsealed and used without expiration date at all. Until now can't get up to date NEW & SEALED products. Very disappointed after spending more than $1000. First and last time using Dermstore website.
Btw, on their site there is no way to post negative review, it's get deleted right away.

lees319
3/6/19

After spending a lot of money with this company for many years, I have finally had it. They ship counterfeit products (damaged packaging, broken seals, rancid product) and now that they have closed their LA office the customer service is TERRIBLE.

Recently, I ordered an expensive product that hasn't arrived ten days after shipping. The tracking code says the product is still "in transit" with no ETA. I reached out to Dermstore but they basically said it's my problem. I have contacted my credit card company for a dispute claim.

Really bad attitude at this company. Guess they don't need loyal customers...or any customers?

maryk606
2/11/19

I've ordered from Dermstore three times -- the first two times, I was in a bit of a skincare crisis and paid an extra $6.95 for 2-day shipping. They used FedEx and it arrived in the two business days they quoted.

HOWEVER, the third time I ordered from them, I decided to go with their free standard shipping. I mistakenly thought that because their service was so good with the 2-day shipping, I would receive my order within a week as well. WRONG. I placed my ordered on a Friday. I wasn't expecting them to send my package out right away but it took 2 full days (Mon and Tues) for them to finally send my package out. They used a parcel company called "Newgistics", which I quickly found was known for their poor shipping service. For 8 DAYS my package was stuck in one place, before it finally arrived at my destination post office.

I honestly would pay the extra 7 bucks for the 2-day shipping. Newgistics has been known to lose packages and Dermstore does not have a good policy on lost packages.

paisleyj
1/10/19

I am very concerned that I was sent counterfeit product. I ordered SKII Essence. I needed it in a hurry and they offered over night shipping for $30.00. It arrived but the product box did not have cellophane wrap, the bottle looked to be old, and the product is NOT the quality I am used to. This stuff is costly and I am NOT happy.

Good luck people. I won't use again.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Thank you for reaching out to us we would love to resolve the issue please reach out to us at 800-213-3376.
andreag193
1/10/19

I placed an order with Dermstore in November- plenty of time to receive it before Xmas or so I thought, as some items were for Xmas gifts. They confirmed receipt of my order, charged my credit card, then nothing. I wait and I wait. Finally after coming back from an extended Xmas holiday, I chase them up - "where is my order? You got my money".
Their response: "Oh we canceled your order and didn't ship it, because we're not doing that service anymore."
Well we're you ever going to tell me? What about my refund?...
If I'd not chased up the order then what? You'd just sit on my money thanks very much, in exchange for - oh that's right - nothing!
Dear reader do not use this company. They have no integrity let alone any customer ethos. Where I come from, if you take a customer's order and money and don't deliver the goods, that's stealing.

Tip for consumers: Don’t use this company

maryk597
1/9/19

I loved the product double repair moisturizer Lariche Posay and ordered it several times when talking to rep there she recommended another more expensive 75 dollar product and I did not understand it would be sent automatically and I was allergic to it It very hard to get their rep to give refund Got one refund for the 2 products after several calls and e-mails

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Thank you for reaching out to us, our records show that we have credited you back for your purchase . If there are any further questions please feel free to reach out to us.
sarahw377
12/3/18

So I set up an auto order shipment of a product and it shipped before I could stop the order. This was my fault because I didn't keep track of how often it would be shipped to me. So no biggie, I can just return it. I did return the item in which I chose store credit as the option because it was free according to the site (and I would use it for cleanser eventually). I called today to see if I can use my credit and they said it was sent to me in an email. The two addresses in which I use did not contain anything from Dermstore. So I asked the representative which email and he said my college one. Apparently when I logged in using my FB account it linked with my college email. I found you can't use your school email after you graduate bc I totally tried to hack into it (and it didn't work obviously bc it's been 10 years). I have another account with Dermstore using my gmail but the representative said it wasn't possible to send it to that one bc its not the account I purchased the product with. Such BS and now I'm out 25 and some change. That may not be a lot to some but it is to me! So word of caution when you place your order make sure your email is set to the one you use everyday.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Please reach out to us regarding your return and we will gladly assist you at 800-213-3376.
jannyl3
11/20/18

There was a missing item in my shipment! This was very disappointing for my "first" order with DERMSTORE! I didnt receive a phone call nor an email regarding this error. When I call the customer service the girl told me that the item is "out of stock" and only can do a refund at this point! First of all, there should not be a missing item in the shipment. Second, if it was "OUT OF STOCK" someone should have communicated with the matter NOT take the money and wait until the customer call to complain! This is an "ONLINE STORE" where they should take responsibility with issues such issues. Dermstore is an online store does not have integrity NOR take their customer seriously!

terrya124
11/15/18

The products are fine but if you find yourself in a situation where you want a refund, you're out of luck. On top of that, I ordered some mascara three months ago and out of the blue they send me an email that they had processed my order for mascara, that I had not placed. I was lied to on the phone and told it had shipped and there was nothing I could do but wait until I received it and return it. Seven days later, the charges was still "processing" so I could not dispute it with my bank. I called Dermstore back and was told the shipment had been canceled the day I called (7 days ago) but they were still holding on to my money. They could not say when they would release the hold. I will never purchase from them again. They could release the hold if they wanted to, but they make a lot of money doing this to people. The interest adds up.

trangn13
11/6/18

I bought on of their serum because of 20 percent of. Guess what? I has been 6 days and I didnt have my order yet. After reading the reviews here, I know I got scam from this company.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Thank you for reaching out to us our records show that your item was delivered on 11/7/2018. If you need additional assistance please feel free to reach out to us.
jg158
10/31/18

I tried to make a purchase on the DermStore site using a $25 Visa gift card and putting the rest on my credit card. Apparently, the site has zero way of entering more than one payment method. I was only buying the items because I could cover most of them with the gift card, so now I'm just not able to buy the items. In this day and age of technology, this seems like a pathetically low quality site. Contacted customer service and they basically told me "nope - sorry, go somewhere else." They definitely lost my business.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Unfortunately, our system is not set up to take certain visa debit gift cards.
simonas14
10/24/18

After creating me problems with a return which I had to involve my bank with, they flagged me from shopping with them. They cancelled my order ( a different one) without telling me and for few days they held the money of the order that they cancelled.
No company ever treated a valid customer like they do.
BUYERS STAY AWAY!!!

amyr259
9/26/18

I love the quality of its products. Ordered a lipstick and overnight balm. Couldn't help to try the lipstick immediately. It is longlasting indeed. Still haven't tried the balm yet, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed. The shipping is also good, everything arrived in time.

stephanier224
9/25/18

Definitely many steps above other like priced sites for beauty online purchases. The articles are helpful for finding, and even avoiding, products in self-customizable way using dermatologists' insight from the articles and product descriptions.

myrak
9/3/18

I ordered an 8 piece Obagi skincare set. Total cost was $469.73. One of the bottles had a defective pump. I contacted customer service and they set up a return (for that single bottle). I sent it back and they promptly sent a replacement. I used for about 3 weeks and it didn't meet my expectations. I had to return it (which was a pain to try to do from their website and I ended up having to CALL customer service to initiate the return.) SO, they said it wasn't a problem, since I was well within the 30 day refund window. WELL, I got my refund. They only refunded me $366.56!! I sent an email to customer service and they said that they subtracted the cost of the replacement bottle that they had sent. SO, you mean that I pay for 8 pieces, have to exchange a defective bottle, and RETURN 8 pieces, and they charge me for the replacement? So, I'm having to pay for a bottle TWICE that was returned??? I will NEVER purchase from this company again. I've also filed a claim through paypal. SHADY COMPANY.

magalim5
8/29/18

BeautyFIX is the best box around. Yes, it is more expensive then Sephora Play! box or Allure, but the quality and diversity of the products are unparalleled. For starters, they carry top brands like Obagi, Skinceuticals (my fave), elta md (best face sunscreen by far). Try their box, you won't be disappointed. The only thing I don't like much - where Sephora beats them by a milestone - is that they offer very cheap free samples with purchase, not the nice 3 free choices that Sephora and Nordstrom do.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Dermstore would like to thank you for your comment. We are very happy that you are happy with the Beautyfix.
272 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No! According to Elta MD this store is not an authorized dealer and obtain their products illegally.

By Mandy B.

Hi Matthew, we are happy to confirm, we are not a scam. There may have been a lag with the order confirmation, or if paid with Paypal the confirmation may ave been sent to the email address associated with your Paypal email if its different then the email address provided on the order. Also if your email address is a Gmail address it would have been sent to you promotions folder. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes you will need an RMA number for returning your products.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Our standard shipping is 1-3 business days, unless the item is considered hazmat it'll be 7-10 business days to be shipped with ground shipping. Any hazmat items will state it on the product page.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Hello Patricia, At Dermstore we strive to provide our customers with the best service possible however, sometimes we have not been able to achieve that, but we are constantly learning from our mistakes and getting better every day. I would love it if you could give us a chance to show you just how great our shopping and customer experience can be. Feel free to contact me directly via email at rcervino@dermstore.com or any of our customer service team members at 1.800.213.3376. Best, René Cervino Sr. Customer Service Manager Dermstore

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Hello Marisa. To better assist you we would need to know what type of card you received. Please give us a call at 1.800.213.3376 or via email at service@dermstore.com and we'll be glad to help you place your order.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

DermStore is an authorized retailer for every one of the brands that we sell on our site. We get all of the products directly from the vendor/manufacturer. DermStore would never intentionally sell an expired product to our customers.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Questions? Get answers from the DermStore staff and other customers.

10 Photos for DermStore