Review of DermStore

service@dermstore.com
2018 Customer choice award

paisleyj
1/10/19

I am very concerned that I was sent counterfeit product. I ordered SKII Essence. I needed it in a hurry and they offered over night shipping for $30.00. It arrived but the product box did not have cellophane wrap, the bottle looked to be old, and the product is NOT the quality I am used to. This stuff is costly and I am NOT happy.

Good luck people. I won't use again.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Thank you for reaching out to us we would love to resolve the issue please reach out to us at 800-213-3376.
andreag193
1/10/19

I placed an order with Dermstore in November- plenty of time to receive it before Xmas or so I thought, as some items were for Xmas gifts. They confirmed receipt of my order, charged my credit card, then nothing. I wait and I wait. Finally after coming back from an extended Xmas holiday, I chase them up - "where is my order? You got my money".
Their response: "Oh we canceled your order and didn't ship it, because we're not doing that service anymore."
Well we're you ever going to tell me? What about my refund?...
If I'd not chased up the order then what? You'd just sit on my money thanks very much, in exchange for - oh that's right - nothing!
Dear reader do not use this company. They have no integrity let alone any customer ethos. Where I come from, if you take a customer's order and money and don't deliver the goods, that's stealing.

Tip for consumers: Don’t use this company

maryk597
1/9/19

I loved the product double repair moisturizer Lariche Posay and ordered it several times when talking to rep there she recommended another more expensive 75 dollar product and I did not understand it would be sent automatically and I was allergic to it It very hard to get their rep to give refund Got one refund for the 2 products after several calls and e-mails

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Thank you for reaching out to us, our records show that we have credited you back for your purchase . If there are any further questions please feel free to reach out to us.
sarahw377
12/3/18

So I set up an auto order shipment of a product and it shipped before I could stop the order. This was my fault because I didn't keep track of how often it would be shipped to me. So no biggie, I can just return it. I did return the item in which I chose store credit as the option because it was free according to the site (and I would use it for cleanser eventually). I called today to see if I can use my credit and they said it was sent to me in an email. The two addresses in which I use did not contain anything from Dermstore. So I asked the representative which email and he said my college one. Apparently when I logged in using my FB account it linked with my college email. I found you can't use your school email after you graduate bc I totally tried to hack into it (and it didn't work obviously bc it's been 10 years). I have another account with Dermstore using my gmail but the representative said it wasn't possible to send it to that one bc its not the account I purchased the product with. Such BS and now I'm out 25 and some change. That may not be a lot to some but it is to me! So word of caution when you place your order make sure your email is set to the one you use everyday.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Please reach out to us regarding your return and we will gladly assist you at 800-213-3376.
jannyl3
11/20/18

There was a missing item in my shipment! This was very disappointing for my "first" order with DERMSTORE! I didnt receive a phone call nor an email regarding this error. When I call the customer service the girl told me that the item is "out of stock" and only can do a refund at this point! First of all, there should not be a missing item in the shipment. Second, if it was "OUT OF STOCK" someone should have communicated with the matter NOT take the money and wait until the customer call to complain! This is an "ONLINE STORE" where they should take responsibility with issues such issues. Dermstore is an online store does not have integrity NOR take their customer seriously!

terrya124
11/15/18

The products are fine but if you find yourself in a situation where you want a refund, you're out of luck. On top of that, I ordered some mascara three months ago and out of the blue they send me an email that they had processed my order for mascara, that I had not placed. I was lied to on the phone and told it had shipped and there was nothing I could do but wait until I received it and return it. Seven days later, the charges was still "processing" so I could not dispute it with my bank. I called Dermstore back and was told the shipment had been canceled the day I called (7 days ago) but they were still holding on to my money. They could not say when they would release the hold. I will never purchase from them again. They could release the hold if they wanted to, but they make a lot of money doing this to people. The interest adds up.

trangn13
11/6/18

I bought on of their serum because of 20 percent of. Guess what? I has been 6 days and I didnt have my order yet. After reading the reviews here, I know I got scam from this company.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Thank you for reaching out to us our records show that your item was delivered on 11/7/2018. If you need additional assistance please feel free to reach out to us.
jg158
10/31/18

I tried to make a purchase on the DermStore site using a $25 Visa gift card and putting the rest on my credit card. Apparently, the site has zero way of entering more than one payment method. I was only buying the items because I could cover most of them with the gift card, so now I'm just not able to buy the items. In this day and age of technology, this seems like a pathetically low quality site. Contacted customer service and they basically told me "nope - sorry, go somewhere else." They definitely lost my business.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Unfortunately, our system is not set up to take certain visa debit gift cards.
simonas14
10/24/18

After creating me problems with a return which I had to involve my bank with, they flagged me from shopping with them. They cancelled my order ( a different one) without telling me and for few days they held the money of the order that they cancelled.
No company ever treated a valid customer like they do.
BUYERS STAY AWAY!!!

amyr259
9/26/18

I love the quality of its products. Ordered a lipstick and overnight balm. Couldn't help to try the lipstick immediately. It is longlasting indeed. Still haven't tried the balm yet, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed. The shipping is also good, everything arrived in time.

stephanier224
9/25/18

Definitely many steps above other like priced sites for beauty online purchases. The articles are helpful for finding, and even avoiding, products in self-customizable way using dermatologists' insight from the articles and product descriptions.

myrak
9/3/18

I ordered an 8 piece Obagi skincare set. Total cost was $469.73. One of the bottles had a defective pump. I contacted customer service and they set up a return (for that single bottle). I sent it back and they promptly sent a replacement. I used for about 3 weeks and it didn't meet my expectations. I had to return it (which was a pain to try to do from their website and I ended up having to CALL customer service to initiate the return.) SO, they said it wasn't a problem, since I was well within the 30 day refund window. WELL, I got my refund. They only refunded me $366.56!! I sent an email to customer service and they said that they subtracted the cost of the replacement bottle that they had sent. SO, you mean that I pay for 8 pieces, have to exchange a defective bottle, and RETURN 8 pieces, and they charge me for the replacement? So, I'm having to pay for a bottle TWICE that was returned??? I will NEVER purchase from this company again. I've also filed a claim through paypal. SHADY COMPANY.

magalim5
8/29/18

BeautyFIX is the best box around. Yes, it is more expensive then Sephora Play! box or Allure, but the quality and diversity of the products are unparalleled. For starters, they carry top brands like Obagi, Skinceuticals (my fave), elta md (best face sunscreen by far). Try their box, you won't be disappointed. The only thing I don't like much - where Sephora beats them by a milestone - is that they offer very cheap free samples with purchase, not the nice 3 free choices that Sephora and Nordstrom do.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Dermstore would like to thank you for your comment. We are very happy that you are happy with the Beautyfix.
angelal196
8/28/18

I bought a Micellar Water, and the bottle arrived empty, the customer service is terrible, they said, they´re going to send another one and, .......The bottle of micellar water arrived three weeks before.

I bought two things the other one arrived in good condition.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hello, Angela we truly apologize about inconvenience you may have experienced with Dermstore. We will send you a private message to see if we can correct the problem
brittanyl80
8/25/18

i absolutly love nars orgasm bkush im new to this review thingy it says blush so im hoping that i can just pick any blush that i like ...but its a world favorite to alot bc it so flattering on so many peoples skin tones an it has a slight shim.er in it an its a peachy pinky color i love it with tons of looks its so beautiful!! an stunning ..its an everyday wear blush!!

jt165
8/19/18

My first and only order with Dermstore was for the DHC White Soap. I ordered 27 bars, which is normal for my family, as we stock it pretty well and for long periods. The bars are shipped in packs of 3 bars, so my order was for 9 packs of 3 = 27 bars. I was charged for 27 bars, and was shipped 9 bars total. When I wrote to Dermstore's customer service dept., I received "ZERO" responses. My only recourse was to dispute the charge for 18 bars of soap. Obviously, this company is lousy at filling orders, and negligent to respond to customers' queries. But they had no problem taking the full charge for my order...next time I want 1/3 of an order, it won't be with these folks. I am very disappointed.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hello, JT. we truly apologize about inconvenience you may have experienced with Dermstore. We will send you a private message to see if we can correct the problem
michelem204
8/19/18

I bought something from Dermstore and after I checked out there was an item I did not order. I called them and they said it was too late to cancel that I would have to return it. They sent me an email with supposed return label, but when I clicked on it, it just went to the WebSite Not return label.

I will not be using them again

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Michele, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please reach out to us so that we can rectify the problem.
lisad452
8/13/18

I did receive the sunscreen I bought, but now I am also receiving endless emails from them. After unsubscribing, I received emails saying I'd unsubscribed but please fill out a survey. I did in the hopes that they'd stop asking, and now I'm being spammed by their survey company. I buy a lot online, and this is ridiculous!!

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Lisa please send us your email address so that we can unsubscribe you. We apologize for any inconvenience.
gloriaw67
8/10/18

These products are great, love using them. I've always been completely satisfied. Good Service.Happy experience

amyd204
7/30/18

I recently ordered from the DermStore and it was a total hassle trying to Return an item.

I had to call back a couple times to get a label to Return the item and overall the process was overly complicated compared to other online companies.

yingh7
7/27/18

I recently purchased a few items from Dermstore, including a T3 hairdryer, a deep conditioner and a toner. When I received my products, I checked the deep conditioner first. I noticed that the seal on the product was broken and it was only 1/3 full. I thought perhaps someone accidentally twisted it and it was supposed to be like that. Next, I opened my T3 hairdryer....I've never been so shocked or disgusted in my life. First of all, the hairdryer was not in any sort of packaging inside the box, it was just thrown in there with some of the parts. Second of all, it had hairs stuck to the back and side of the hairdryer, and there was a lot of build up on the handle. My last hairdryer of 5 years didn't even look like this!! I didn't even bother checking the toner that I had purchased, and threw everything back in the shipping box. I can't believe such a company would allow for something like this to happen. Now I have to deal with the nightmare of shipping all this back and waiting around for them to receive this before getting a refund, even though they were QUICK to charge my card for purchase. Be sure to thoroughly check each product that you purchase from this site, or just not purchase anything from here at all.

synthiaf
7/26/18

I have bought 2 bottle of lution, the prooduct is good, and shipping is faster than expected. Happy experience.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Dermstore would like to thank you for your comment. We are very happy that you had a great experience.
micheleh116
6/27/18

Do NOT order from this store; they are incompetent and rude. My recent order with Dermstore was cancelled without my knowledge and without notifying me. I spend $1200-$1500 per year with them; more in the past few years and was surprised when I called them and I was told there was a mix up 4 years ago; their records indicated I returned some product, received my credit, but they never received the product back. Or so their records showed. I was essentially called a liar and a thief. After some discussion, and 45 minutes later, I got through to a supervisor, I was then told this was an error, she apologized profusely, but the damage has been done. Never again.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Michele, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. We show that your problem was resolved by a supervisor if you need further help please send us a direct message. We are definitely here to help.
mahraza
6/11/18

I ordered Shampoo and night cream for 80$ and received email from my credit company that they charged me for 80$ but nothing shows in my account on Dermstore.com and no confirmation email sent to me. chatted with them for hours and called them several times but every time stayed on the line for almost 1 hour and they said as there is nothing shown in my account they can not do anything. I asked them to send them my credit card confirmation and if nothing is shown in my account why they charged my account exactly 80$, same price of my order. So annoying. now I shall call my credit card company and ask them to dispute that charge because Dermstore can not provide reliable website for its costumers.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hello, Mahraz we truly apologize about inconvenience you may have experienced with Dermstore. We will send you a private message to see if we can correct the problem.
jessicam489
6/5/18

Do not buy anything from this store. Let my experience be one that you can benefit from. I was in the market for a new blow dryer. After reading numerous reviews, I decided on the Josh Harry Pro one and saw that Dermstore was offering it at a great sale price. I purchased the Josh Harry Pro blowdryer on 5/18/18. I have been using it 2-3x/wk. I noticed that it wasnt blowing out hot air as well as my Conair 1875 or my T3 featherweight travel hair dryer. I wanted to give it a chance but it continued to underperform. It took 2x as long to dry my hair. I do not have thick or thin hair but in between. After using it for almost 3 weeks, I was still dissatisfied. There were so many good reviews that I figured I may have gotten a lemon dryer. I contacted Dermstore customer service to exchange the lemon product but was told that I would have to pay $9.95 for their warranty, and then they will ship me a new dryer. WTH. Its only been 2 weeks!!! You sent me a lemon product and now I have to give you more money to send me a working one that should have been sent to me in the first place??? Is this even legal? Fraudulent wouldnt you say? I asked to speak with the manager because this made no sense to me and was told by the CS named Candice that she will forward my request to a manager. I should hear back in 24 hours. They have a lot of managers so she couldnt tell me the name of the manager who will be contacting me, but yet, none was available to speak to me and that I would have to wait 24 hours for one to give me a call. This again makes no sense and a lot of run around.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Jessica, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message, we would love to resolve the problem for you.
272 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No! According to Elta MD this store is not an authorized dealer and obtain their products illegally.

By Mandy B.

Hi Matthew, we are happy to confirm, we are not a scam. There may have been a lag with the order confirmation, or if paid with Paypal the confirmation may ave been sent to the email address associated with your Paypal email if its different then the email address provided on the order. Also if your email address is a Gmail address it would have been sent to you promotions folder. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes you will need an RMA number for returning your products.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Our standard shipping is 1-3 business days, unless the item is considered hazmat it'll be 7-10 business days to be shipped with ground shipping. Any hazmat items will state it on the product page.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Hello Patricia, At Dermstore we strive to provide our customers with the best service possible however, sometimes we have not been able to achieve that, but we are constantly learning from our mistakes and getting better every day. I would love it if you could give us a chance to show you just how great our shopping and customer experience can be. Feel free to contact me directly via email at rcervino@dermstore.com or any of our customer service team members at 1.800.213.3376. Best, René Cervino Sr. Customer Service Manager Dermstore

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Hello Marisa. To better assist you we would need to know what type of card you received. Please give us a call at 1.800.213.3376 or via email at service@dermstore.com and we'll be glad to help you place your order.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

DermStore is an authorized retailer for every one of the brands that we sell on our site. We get all of the products directly from the vendor/manufacturer. DermStore would never intentionally sell an expired product to our customers.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Questions? Get answers from the DermStore staff and other customers.

10 Photos for DermStore