Review of DermStore

service@dermstore.com
2017 Customer choice award

amyr259
9/26/18

I love the quality of its products. Ordered a lipstick and overnight balm. Couldn't help to try the lipstick immediately. It is longlasting indeed. Still haven't tried the balm yet, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed. The shipping is also good, everything arrived in time.

stephanier224
9/25/18

Definitely many steps above other like priced sites for beauty online purchases. The articles are helpful for finding, and even avoiding, products in self-customizable way using dermatologists' insight from the articles and product descriptions.

myrak
9/3/18

I ordered an 8 piece Obagi skincare set. Total cost was $469.73. One of the bottles had a defective pump. I contacted customer service and they set up a return (for that single bottle). I sent it back and they promptly sent a replacement. I used for about 3 weeks and it didn't meet my expectations. I had to return it (which was a pain to try to do from their website and I ended up having to CALL customer service to initiate the return.) SO, they said it wasn't a problem, since I was well within the 30 day refund window. WELL, I got my refund. They only refunded me $366.56!! I sent an email to customer service and they said that they subtracted the cost of the replacement bottle that they had sent. SO, you mean that I pay for 8 pieces, have to exchange a defective bottle, and RETURN 8 pieces, and they charge me for the replacement? So, I'm having to pay for a bottle TWICE that was returned??? I will NEVER purchase from this company again. I've also filed a claim through paypal. SHADY COMPANY.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Thank you for reaching out to us, our records show that we have credited you back for your purchase . If there are any further questions please feel free to reach out to us.
magalim5
8/29/18

BeautyFIX is the best box around. Yes, it is more expensive then Sephora Play! box or Allure, but the quality and diversity of the products are unparalleled. For starters, they carry top brands like Obagi, Skinceuticals (my fave), elta md (best face sunscreen by far). Try their box, you won't be disappointed. The only thing I don't like much - where Sephora beats them by a milestone - is that they offer very cheap free samples with purchase, not the nice 3 free choices that Sephora and Nordstrom do.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Dermstore would like to thank you for your comment. We are very happy that you are happy with the Beautyfix.
angelal196
8/28/18

I bought a Micellar Water, and the bottle arrived empty, the customer service is terrible, they said, they´re going to send another one and, .......The bottle of micellar water arrived three weeks before.

I bought two things the other one arrived in good condition.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hello, Angela we truly apologize about inconvenience you may have experienced with Dermstore. We will send you a private message to see if we can correct the problem
brittanyl80
8/25/18

i absolutly love nars orgasm bkush im new to this review thingy it says blush so im hoping that i can just pick any blush that i like ...but its a world favorite to alot bc it so flattering on so many peoples skin tones an it has a slight shim.er in it an its a peachy pinky color i love it with tons of looks its so beautiful!! an stunning ..its an everyday wear blush!!

jt165
8/19/18

My first and only order with Dermstore was for the DHC White Soap. I ordered 27 bars, which is normal for my family, as we stock it pretty well and for long periods. The bars are shipped in packs of 3 bars, so my order was for 9 packs of 3 = 27 bars. I was charged for 27 bars, and was shipped 9 bars total. When I wrote to Dermstore's customer service dept., I received "ZERO" responses. My only recourse was to dispute the charge for 18 bars of soap. Obviously, this company is lousy at filling orders, and negligent to respond to customers' queries. But they had no problem taking the full charge for my order...next time I want 1/3 of an order, it won't be with these folks. I am very disappointed.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hello, JT. we truly apologize about inconvenience you may have experienced with Dermstore. We will send you a private message to see if we can correct the problem
michelem204
8/19/18

I bought something from Dermstore and after I checked out there was an item I did not order. I called them and they said it was too late to cancel that I would have to return it. They sent me an email with supposed return label, but when I clicked on it, it just went to the WebSite Not return label.

I will not be using them again

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Michele, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please reach out to us so that we can rectify the problem.
lisad452
8/13/18

I did receive the sunscreen I bought, but now I am also receiving endless emails from them. After unsubscribing, I received emails saying I'd unsubscribed but please fill out a survey. I did in the hopes that they'd stop asking, and now I'm being spammed by their survey company. I buy a lot online, and this is ridiculous!!

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Lisa please send us your email address so that we can unsubscribe you. We apologize for any inconvenience.
gloriaw67
8/10/18

These products are great, love using them. I've always been completely satisfied. Good Service.Happy experience

amyd204
7/30/18

I recently ordered from the DermStore and it was a total hassle trying to Return an item.

I had to call back a couple times to get a label to Return the item and overall the process was overly complicated compared to other online companies.

yingh7
7/27/18

I recently purchased a few items from Dermstore, including a T3 hairdryer, a deep conditioner and a toner. When I received my products, I checked the deep conditioner first. I noticed that the seal on the product was broken and it was only 1/3 full. I thought perhaps someone accidentally twisted it and it was supposed to be like that. Next, I opened my T3 hairdryer....I've never been so shocked or disgusted in my life. First of all, the hairdryer was not in any sort of packaging inside the box, it was just thrown in there with some of the parts. Second of all, it had hairs stuck to the back and side of the hairdryer, and there was a lot of build up on the handle. My last hairdryer of 5 years didn't even look like this!! I didn't even bother checking the toner that I had purchased, and threw everything back in the shipping box. I can't believe such a company would allow for something like this to happen. Now I have to deal with the nightmare of shipping all this back and waiting around for them to receive this before getting a refund, even though they were QUICK to charge my card for purchase. Be sure to thoroughly check each product that you purchase from this site, or just not purchase anything from here at all.

synthiaf
7/26/18

I have bought 2 bottle of lution, the prooduct is good, and shipping is faster than expected. Happy experience.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Dermstore would like to thank you for your comment. We are very happy that you had a great experience.
micheleh116
6/27/18

Do NOT order from this store; they are incompetent and rude. My recent order with Dermstore was cancelled without my knowledge and without notifying me. I spend $1200-$1500 per year with them; more in the past few years and was surprised when I called them and I was told there was a mix up 4 years ago; their records indicated I returned some product, received my credit, but they never received the product back. Or so their records showed. I was essentially called a liar and a thief. After some discussion, and 45 minutes later, I got through to a supervisor, I was then told this was an error, she apologized profusely, but the damage has been done. Never again.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Michele, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. We show that your problem was resolved by a supervisor if you need further help please send us a direct message. We are definitely here to help.
mahraza
6/11/18

I ordered Shampoo and night cream for 80$ and received email from my credit company that they charged me for 80$ but nothing shows in my account on Dermstore.com and no confirmation email sent to me. chatted with them for hours and called them several times but every time stayed on the line for almost 1 hour and they said as there is nothing shown in my account they can not do anything. I asked them to send them my credit card confirmation and if nothing is shown in my account why they charged my account exactly 80$, same price of my order. So annoying. now I shall call my credit card company and ask them to dispute that charge because Dermstore can not provide reliable website for its costumers.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hello, Mahraz we truly apologize about inconvenience you may have experienced with Dermstore. We will send you a private message to see if we can correct the problem.
jessicam489
6/5/18

Do not buy anything from this store. Let my experience be one that you can benefit from. I was in the market for a new blow dryer. After reading numerous reviews, I decided on the Josh Harry Pro one and saw that Dermstore was offering it at a great sale price. I purchased the Josh Harry Pro blowdryer on 5/18/18. I have been using it 2-3x/wk. I noticed that it wasnt blowing out hot air as well as my Conair 1875 or my T3 featherweight travel hair dryer. I wanted to give it a chance but it continued to underperform. It took 2x as long to dry my hair. I do not have thick or thin hair but in between. After using it for almost 3 weeks, I was still dissatisfied. There were so many good reviews that I figured I may have gotten a lemon dryer. I contacted Dermstore customer service to exchange the lemon product but was told that I would have to pay $9.95 for their warranty, and then they will ship me a new dryer. WTH. Its only been 2 weeks!!! You sent me a lemon product and now I have to give you more money to send me a working one that should have been sent to me in the first place??? Is this even legal? Fraudulent wouldnt you say? I asked to speak with the manager because this made no sense to me and was told by the CS named Candice that she will forward my request to a manager. I should hear back in 24 hours. They have a lot of managers so she couldnt tell me the name of the manager who will be contacting me, but yet, none was available to speak to me and that I would have to wait 24 hours for one to give me a call. This again makes no sense and a lot of run around.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Jessica, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message, we would love to resolve the problem for you.
nicoleb185
6/5/18
• Updated review

Dermstore reached out to me regarding my negative experience. They told me to contact them privately so that they could discuss what occurred. So I sent them a direct message several weeks ago and have not received any further communication whatsoever. It seems that they want the appearance of being helpful and accommodating but then will leave you hanging.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Dermstore. You can find their products on other sites elsewhere.

“Shady company and awful customer service”
5/14/18
• Previous review

Awful, shady company. Their customer service is extremely unreliable. They promise one thing one day and then take away that promise the next. They never apologize if there is a mistake on their end and they don't seem to value their customers whatsoever. Dermstore also practices false advertising. In their BeautyFix boxes, they promised a full size product but then sent a mini size without warning customers.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Nicole, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message, we would love to see what we can do for you.
amandac324
5/23/18

Through expedited shipping I was sent the wrong product. These things happen as (the customer service supervisor reiterated) humans do package the shipments......So, I am now waiting 6 days for item i purchased, apparently their warehouse is closed for the day (@ 2pm), they do not overnight on Thursday and Monday is a holiday? I have also been asked to print shipping label, repackage wrong item and ensure it makes its way to the post office!!! No discount of item arriving next week, no APOLOGY and frankly in the past I have had companies (high end companies) tell me to keep the product that ended up at my house due to their negligence. THIS IS A LOW-END COMPANY, ignore their nifty 20% off popups unless your time is worth less....40 mins on the phone with robotic snarky customer service rep, manager, and supervisor.........

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Amanda, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message, we would love to see what we can do for you.
karenr230
4/26/18

Customer service does not respond to questions nor does it deliver on its customer service promises that they make. They offer a program called Dermstore Rewards and nowhere on the site or from customer chats can they tell you how to use the dollars you have redemmed. Very disappointed in this site...am thinking about stopping using it.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi, we apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message so that we can assist you with the problem.
aliciad14
4/25/18

Was sent my original order, then 3 weeks later received an email that another order was shipped. I called right away and they told me they couldn't cancel it as it was already shipped but I could send it back once I received it. WTH! Thought it was ridiculous since they clearly shipped the same order TWICE! Also why was it 3 weeks later?! How was that even approved? SO confused and they have no explanation either as to why I was sent/charged twice. Such a hassel for something that was not my fault. A month later still waiting on my refund so I do a quick online chat...oh yeah we'll refund it right now. Umm excuse me, why did it take you an entire month to complete my refund in the first place? Where you hoping I would forget and not issue one? Seems super fishy. In the end I did get refunded however It was a huge hassle for something that didn't need to be that complicated. And I might add poor customer service through out the entire process. Won't be ordering from them again!

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi thank you for reaching out to us, our records show that you have been helped by one of our representatives. If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us directly.
erical59
4/19/18

Received 2 faulty products and a lot of hassle trying to get a refund. They offer "free" returns if you accept a store credit instead of a refund. Not wanting to pay to ship back a bad product, I opted for the store credit for Jane Iredale foundation that was separated and would not blend. I used the credit to purchase Leonor Greyl shampoo that was not the same color, texture, or scent as the exact same bottle purchased from Leonor Greyl directly. I received a fraction of a refund, but was re-issued another gift card for the same amount as the original one for the foundation. I don't want to keep getting store credits for faulty products that I can either lose money on shipping them back, or keep getting a store credit for more garbage product. - Buy directly from the manufacturers and save yourself some stress.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Erica, we apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please reach out to us so that we can resolve your problem.
tzzzzzzzq
3/28/18

In two consecutive orders from dermstore I received products that appeared to have been heavily used and were missing significant quantities of product. The exchange process was a hassle and took more than 2 weeks. This store is ok, but beware that you may receive used products and not get the full value out of your money.

aprilm86
3/19/18

I've been ordering from Dermstore for around 5 years, and I've always been completely satisfied. The site is owned by Target, and is therefore among the safe online sites for buying brands such as SkinMedica and SkinCeuticals. Huge selection of skincare hard to find items, no counterfeits here. They offer options to buy an item once or to buy it on a subscription basis, so make sure you select the right button.

bernadettes20
3/15/18

This is the very WORST beauty company I have ever dealt with. They are completely run by robo emails and robo phone customer service. For three weeks I have been trying to cancel an order after not being able to contact a human being. Unfortunately I ordered on PayPal and even tho order is pending there is not an option to cancel and it says "authorization" but I am spinning wheels here. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY..if you have one problem with them they do not have a staff to resolve problems.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Mary, we apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message so that we can assist you with the problem.
maryc538
3/13/18

Placed one order and and automatically got put on a reorder subscription. Continued charges on credit card until I replaced card. Deceptive company with no customer service to contact.. do not be fooled! Phone calls are sent to a automated system then never puts you through to a live person. Return emails and live chats do not function.

272 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No! According to Elta MD this store is not an authorized dealer and obtain their products illegally.

By Mandy B.

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes you will need an RMA number for returning your products.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Hi Matthew, we are happy to confirm, we are not a scam. There may have been a lag with the order confirmation, or if paid with Paypal the confirmation may ave been sent to the email address associated with your Paypal email if its different then the email address provided on the order. Also if your email address is a Gmail address it would have been sent to you promotions folder. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Our standard shipping is 1-3 business days, unless the item is considered hazmat it'll be 7-10 business days to be shipped with ground shipping. Any hazmat items will state it on the product page.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Hello Patricia, At Dermstore we strive to provide our customers with the best service possible however, sometimes we have not been able to achieve that, but we are constantly learning from our mistakes and getting better every day. I would love it if you could give us a chance to show you just how great our shopping and customer experience can be. Feel free to contact me directly via email at rcervino@dermstore.com or any of our customer service team members at 1.800.213.3376. Best, René Cervino Sr. Customer Service Manager Dermstore

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Hello Marisa. To better assist you we would need to know what type of card you received. Please give us a call at 1.800.213.3376 or via email at service@dermstore.com and we'll be glad to help you place your order.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

DermStore is an authorized retailer for every one of the brands that we sell on our site. We get all of the products directly from the vendor/manufacturer. DermStore would never intentionally sell an expired product to our customers.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Questions? Get answers from the DermStore staff and other customers.

10 Photos for DermStore