Review of DermStore

service@dermstore.com
2017 Customer choice award

micheleh116
6/27/18

Do NOT order from this store; they are incompetent and rude. My recent order with Dermstore was cancelled without my knowledge and without notifying me. I spend $1200-$1500 per year with them; more in the past few years and was surprised when I called them and I was told there was a mix up 4 years ago; their records indicated I returned some product, received my credit, but they never received the product back. Or so their records showed. I was essentially called a liar and a thief. After some discussion, and 45 minutes later, I got through to a supervisor, I was then told this was an error, she apologized profusely, but the damage has been done. Never again.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Michele, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. We show that your problem was resolved by a supervisor if you need further help please send us a direct message. We are definitely here to help.
mahraza
6/11/18

I ordered Shampoo and night cream for 80$ and received email from my credit company that they charged me for 80$ but nothing shows in my account on Dermstore.com and no confirmation email sent to me. chatted with them for hours and called them several times but every time stayed on the line for almost 1 hour and they said as there is nothing shown in my account they can not do anything. I asked them to send them my credit card confirmation and if nothing is shown in my account why they charged my account exactly 80$, same price of my order. So annoying. now I shall call my credit card company and ask them to dispute that charge because Dermstore can not provide reliable website for its costumers.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hello, Mahraz we truly apologize about inconvenience you may have experienced with Dermstore. We will send you a private message to see if we can correct the problem.
jessicam489
6/5/18

Do not buy anything from this store. Let my experience be one that you can benefit from. I was in the market for a new blow dryer. After reading numerous reviews, I decided on the Josh Harry Pro one and saw that Dermstore was offering it at a great sale price. I purchased the Josh Harry Pro blowdryer on 5/18/18. I have been using it 2-3x/wk. I noticed that it wasnt blowing out hot air as well as my Conair 1875 or my T3 featherweight travel hair dryer. I wanted to give it a chance but it continued to underperform. It took 2x as long to dry my hair. I do not have thick or thin hair but in between. After using it for almost 3 weeks, I was still dissatisfied. There were so many good reviews that I figured I may have gotten a lemon dryer. I contacted Dermstore customer service to exchange the lemon product but was told that I would have to pay $9.95 for their warranty, and then they will ship me a new dryer. WTH. Its only been 2 weeks!!! You sent me a lemon product and now I have to give you more money to send me a working one that should have been sent to me in the first place??? Is this even legal? Fraudulent wouldnt you say? I asked to speak with the manager because this made no sense to me and was told by the CS named Candice that she will forward my request to a manager. I should hear back in 24 hours. They have a lot of managers so she couldnt tell me the name of the manager who will be contacting me, but yet, none was available to speak to me and that I would have to wait 24 hours for one to give me a call. This again makes no sense and a lot of run around.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Jessica, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message, we would love to resolve the problem for you.
nicoleb185
6/5/18
• Updated review

Dermstore reached out to me regarding my negative experience. They told me to contact them privately so that they could discuss what occurred. So I sent them a direct message several weeks ago and have not received any further communication whatsoever. It seems that they want the appearance of being helpful and accommodating but then will leave you hanging.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Dermstore. You can find their products on other sites elsewhere.

“Shady company and awful customer service”
5/14/18
• Previous review

Awful, shady company. Their customer service is extremely unreliable. They promise one thing one day and then take away that promise the next. They never apologize if there is a mistake on their end and they don't seem to value their customers whatsoever. Dermstore also practices false advertising. In their BeautyFix boxes, they promised a full size product but then sent a mini size without warning customers.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Nicole, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message, we would love to see what we can do for you.
amandac324
5/23/18

Through expedited shipping I was sent the wrong product. These things happen as (the customer service supervisor reiterated) humans do package the shipments......So, I am now waiting 6 days for item i purchased, apparently their warehouse is closed for the day (@ 2pm), they do not overnight on Thursday and Monday is a holiday? I have also been asked to print shipping label, repackage wrong item and ensure it makes its way to the post office!!! No discount of item arriving next week, no APOLOGY and frankly in the past I have had companies (high end companies) tell me to keep the product that ended up at my house due to their negligence. THIS IS A LOW-END COMPANY, ignore their nifty 20% off popups unless your time is worth less....40 mins on the phone with robotic snarky customer service rep, manager, and supervisor.........

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Amanda, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message, we would love to see what we can do for you.
karenr230
4/26/18

Customer service does not respond to questions nor does it deliver on its customer service promises that they make. They offer a program called Dermstore Rewards and nowhere on the site or from customer chats can they tell you how to use the dollars you have redemmed. Very disappointed in this site...am thinking about stopping using it.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi, we apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message so that we can assist you with the problem.
aliciad14
4/25/18

Was sent my original order, then 3 weeks later received an email that another order was shipped. I called right away and they told me they couldn't cancel it as it was already shipped but I could send it back once I received it. WTH! Thought it was ridiculous since they clearly shipped the same order TWICE! Also why was it 3 weeks later?! How was that even approved? SO confused and they have no explanation either as to why I was sent/charged twice. Such a hassel for something that was not my fault. A month later still waiting on my refund so I do a quick online chat...oh yeah we'll refund it right now. Umm excuse me, why did it take you an entire month to complete my refund in the first place? Where you hoping I would forget and not issue one? Seems super fishy. In the end I did get refunded however It was a huge hassle for something that didn't need to be that complicated. And I might add poor customer service through out the entire process. Won't be ordering from them again!

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi thank you for reaching out to us, our records show that you have been helped by one of our representatives. If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us directly.
erical59
4/19/18

Received 2 faulty products and a lot of hassle trying to get a refund. They offer "free" returns if you accept a store credit instead of a refund. Not wanting to pay to ship back a bad product, I opted for the store credit for Jane Iredale foundation that was separated and would not blend. I used the credit to purchase Leonor Greyl shampoo that was not the same color, texture, or scent as the exact same bottle purchased from Leonor Greyl directly. I received a fraction of a refund, but was re-issued another gift card for the same amount as the original one for the foundation. I don't want to keep getting store credits for faulty products that I can either lose money on shipping them back, or keep getting a store credit for more garbage product. - Buy directly from the manufacturers and save yourself some stress.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Erica, we apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please reach out to us so that we can resolve your problem.
tzzzzzzzq
3/28/18

In two consecutive orders from dermstore I received products that appeared to have been heavily used and were missing significant quantities of product. The exchange process was a hassle and took more than 2 weeks. This store is ok, but beware that you may receive used products and not get the full value out of your money.

aprilm86
3/19/18

I've been ordering from Dermstore for around 5 years, and I've always been completely satisfied. The site is owned by Target, and is therefore among the safe online sites for buying brands such as SkinMedica and SkinCeuticals. Huge selection of skincare hard to find items, no counterfeits here. They offer options to buy an item once or to buy it on a subscription basis, so make sure you select the right button.

bernadettes20
3/15/18

This is the very WORST beauty company I have ever dealt with. They are completely run by robo emails and robo phone customer service. For three weeks I have been trying to cancel an order after not being able to contact a human being. Unfortunately I ordered on PayPal and even tho order is pending there is not an option to cancel and it says "authorization" but I am spinning wheels here. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY..if you have one problem with them they do not have a staff to resolve problems.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Mary, we apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message so that we can assist you with the problem.
maryc538
3/13/18

Placed one order and and automatically got put on a reorder subscription. Continued charges on credit card until I replaced card. Deceptive company with no customer service to contact.. do not be fooled! Phone calls are sent to a automated system then never puts you through to a live person. Return emails and live chats do not function.

dougasc
3/2/18

It is very likely that my debit card data was stolen from this companies database. I receivced a fraudlant charge that appeared to be from them or an affiliate. The phone number related to the charge was a fake Verizon cell phone. I sent Dermstore a message via live chat and also took the time to call them to explain. They told me that is it impossible that anyone could get access to their system. LOL. You be the judge of that. Even big companies can be hacked. Nevertheless, I will not be ordering from Dermstore again since they would not recognize my situation. Just excuses from them.

nadinem16
2/28/18

I placed an order February 14th for 2 Harry Josh brushes (they HAD A PROMO running) waited and waited and wondered why the order had not arrived. Logged on only to find out that my order was cancelled. Called the CS line with ZERO luck - held on for 40 minutes! Used the Live Chat service and connected with April who pretty much swore they sent me an email. I RECEIVED NO EMAIL stating my order was getting cancelled. She then told me to place another order and I mentioned I ordered this during a 20% off promotion - she told me there is no promotion on my order!!!! Went back and looked an lo and behold yes, there is 20% off my order. She tried to appease me by offering 15% off AFTER I ASKED FOR IT for all the hassles I was going through!!! I am extremely frustrated about this - how does this company stay in business??? There are so many bad reviews about your company. I am also waiting for a refund on an item FedEx states they have signed for and received!!!!

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Nadine, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message, we would love to see what we can do for you.
kaathams
2/26/18

I was trying to order few items ($100 +) from this site. The transaction didn't go through and they sent an confirmation email saying that the transaction didn't go through due to payment issues. I realized that I had input my card number wrongly. Created another dermstore account and ordered the items successfully. A week later they have now sent an email saying order is successful. I don't want another set of my order. Called and waited over 2 hrs in their customer service line several times. Their customer service number is a joke. HOW COULD THEY CHARGE MY CARD WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION is what concerns me. THIS COMPANY IS A BIG FRAUD.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Kaatham, We are experiencing a high volume of calls and would like to apologize for the long hold times. Our records show that you have been helped by one our agents, if you need further help please contact us directly.
juanh53
2/20/18
• Updated review

Its been a week!they havent re-ship my correct order yet!they always tell you need to wait stock check!and the stock check need to take 24~48hours!and its more than 48hours ,they still say you have to wait until stock check done,now I believe why so many customer complaints about they got wrong item,cause it happened to me,until now,still waiting,couldnt do anything

“Shipped wrong item”
2/14/18
• Previous review

I just called customer service,I dont even know how many days i will need to wait they ship out the correct item no offense,I will not recommend this website to my friends,cause they will not solve the mistakes they made,just let you keep waiting long time, and I dont know will they ship correct item or wrong item again

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Juan, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message, we would love to see what we can do for you.
deborahk67
2/19/18

After buying a hair blower for $199. It was reduced the next day to $169.00 and I cannot reach customer service to resolve this issue Sent 4 emails and repeated calls to 800 # which is never answered

jenc79
2/8/18

I have ordered from dermstore the last time. Too frequently I receive inaccurate orders with the completely wrong items shipped. And, attempting to resolve bad shipments is a pain since when you call customer service you have to wait on the phone for a long time just to resolve these issues. Shop elsewhere, its a waste of your time to shop on this site.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Jen, we truly apologize for the unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message, we would love to see what we can do for you.
saraf63
2/6/18

The product came partially opened and now they send daily sales emails although I have requested many times to be removed. I get marketing pop-up videos from dermstore as well. Were there an option of less than 1 star- I would have chosen it.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Sara, we apologize you experienced an problem when trying to contact Dermstore. Please send a direct message so that we can better assist you.
shushum
2/5/18

Trying to return the "free return" which is now going to cost money because they left out the words "free with store credit." Trying to get help because the label will not print - no print option - and I've been waiting 20 minutes for someone to help me.

I will NEVER BUY HERE AGAIN.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Shushu, we apologize you experienced an problem when trying to contact Dermstore. Please send a direct message so that we can better assist you.
ks287
2/2/18

It's literally impossible to get anyone on the phone or on chat for customer service. Not exaggerating.
I've been really ripped off by this stupid company due to them not correctly cancelling the Autoshop service on my account. I never received that order so when I tried to work it out with customer service, they offered ZERO help and claimed unless they have the product returned, they will not refund me or help me in any way. Ridiculous. Not a customer satisfaction-centric company by any means and terrible terms. Never ever shopping there and making sure I steer other people away from them

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi K.S. we truly apologize for your unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message , we would love to see what we can do for you!
mimic18
1/21/18

It took over a month to receive the order but they charged my CC immediately. I called to cancel and the told me it would be canceled and the products showed not shipped yet but still havent received a refund. Those 5 star reviews are fake. Do your homework before ordering.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Mimi, the orders are not charged until they are shipped. Please send us a direct message if you have any questions.
marilynnw1
1/19/18

Their products are delivered timely: however, compare buying product locally first.
Medica TNS Essential Serum was $100 cheaper from a local Dr.'s office.

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Marilyn, we are a licensed retailer and our prices are set by the manufacturer.
veronicam81
1/18/18

I was excited for my first order from Dermstore which was cheaper than Sephora. No issues. The second order (I noticed after about 10 days didn't arrive so I checked the tracking number and it said it had been delivered...in another state!!) Talked to customer service. Girl was snotty and finally agreed I didn't receive the item. Had it reshipped, got it 2 weeks later (so almost a month after original order). Decided to give them one more try. Ordered products 2 weeks ago, tracking shows order in limbo....they said I have to wait a few more days to make sure that the lost item shows up. Ridiculous. Won't shop there again!!

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Veronica, we truly apologize for your unpleasant experience. Please send us a direct message , we would love to see what we can do for you!
karag14
1/9/18

I placed an order over a week ago, never received a conf #, email, nothing called Dermstore waited on hold for ever , emailed them , never got a response,, finally got someone and said my order was never placed , so I reordered on the phone and again no conf # etc,,,tried to track my order said theres no order , but my credit card had been charged and I think Ive been charged twice and once again I called was on hold forever , emailed them again and nothing , worst online experience ever , they must be paying the YouTube influencers to promote them because they rave about Dermstore and my experience had been HORRIBLE

Response from Dermstore C., DermStore Representative
Hi Kara, we apologize. We will be reaching out to you for your order number to take a look at your order.
272 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No! According to Elta MD this store is not an authorized dealer and obtain their products illegally.

By Mandy B.

Hi Matthew, we are happy to confirm, we are not a scam. There may have been a lag with the order confirmation, or if paid with Paypal the confirmation may ave been sent to the email address associated with your Paypal email if its different then the email address provided on the order. Also if your email address is a Gmail address it would have been sent to you promotions folder. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Our standard shipping is 1-3 business days, unless the item is considered hazmat it'll be 7-10 business days to be shipped with ground shipping. Any hazmat items will state it on the product page.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Hello Patricia, At Dermstore we strive to provide our customers with the best service possible however, sometimes we have not been able to achieve that, but we are constantly learning from our mistakes and getting better every day. I would love it if you could give us a chance to show you just how great our shopping and customer experience can be. Feel free to contact me directly via email at rcervino@dermstore.com or any of our customer service team members at 1.800.213.3376. Best, René Cervino Sr. Customer Service Manager Dermstore

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Hello Marisa. To better assist you we would need to know what type of card you received. Please give us a call at 1.800.213.3376 or via email at service@dermstore.com and we'll be glad to help you place your order.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

DermStore is an authorized retailer for every one of the brands that we sell on our site. We get all of the products directly from the vendor/manufacturer. DermStore would never intentionally sell an expired product to our customers.

By Dermstore C., DermStore Representative

Questions? Get answers from the DermStore staff and other customers.

8 Photos for DermStore