Review of DermStore

service@dermstore.com
2017 Customer choice award

lindae102
12/15/17

I had to pay for shipping for a retu, after callng Derm Store and waiting on hold for over 45 min. Harold, not a very friendly customer service.I did not get a return label because they said I wasn't using the right browser. I paid $10.05 to return and only got a RMA #.They owe me $169.00 plus shipping!

lorrainep22
12/11/17

My order arrived weeks late and I got the wrong product! They make it impossible
to get a refund, including not answering their phone. They are horrible,

jc385
12/11/17

terrible customer service, they don't answer email, their live chat doesn't work, it's a 30 minute wait for a phone call, and if you get thru, they can't answer a question, or it's too late to cancel, but you can send it back, for a FEE, good scam they have going, don't order from them

melaniek25
12/8/17

I used to get 2-day free delivery. Then that slowed down. Last time, I ordered in late November, and package still hasn't arrived, and it's December 7. I called and after being on hold for over ten minutes, got a representative. She gave me a tracking number and said it wouldn't be here until December 12.

Still, products are always of good quality and condition, and seem totally authentic.

Another problem, though, is that I've returned a few items, though not recently. I had to call and get an RMA number. Then, I had a return that was mysteriously "lost." After that I got package tracking from USPS. Two orders were "lost" again but miraculously found when I gave them the tracking number and proof of their receipt by USPS.

So now, I only order products I know I want need to return. And with this recent shipping delay, I probably won't order from them again.

jeanr52
12/6/17

Beware that the customer service is awful. I ordered a hair dryer from them on Black Friday. Last week a package was delivered. There was just one problem - they forgot to put the hair dryer in.! What I received was a comb and three hair clips (which I did not order, and I guess was meant to accompany the dryer as a freebie). I called them and after a half hour on hold finally spoke to someone and was told it would be sent out again. I asked for expedited shipping since they screwed up the order. I am still waiting for the delivery after five days. Yesterday I called again and was told the package had been sent out, however, the tracking information shows that the shipper has still not received the item. USPS currently awaiting package. So much for expedited shipping. I will never again purchase anything from the Dermstore. I think their Christmas elves have been drinking too much liquor laced egg nog.

rgg2
12/6/17

I wish I have read reviews before I had ordered from their website. I placed an order for an item and never received item 1 month later. When I try to track the item it says USPS is currently awaiting for item. I emailed them about my concern and it took awhile for them to re-issue me another item with another tracking number. Till now I have the same issue about USPS has not received item yet. Customer service is so slow everytime I email them it takes days or even a week for a reply. When I do get a reply, they never seem to address the issue about why my item has not arrived. Very disappointed and highly do NOT recommend this website unless you want your money to be stolen.

I now have to call the back to explain my issue with them.

sarac111
12/5/17

If you like sitting on hold for over 40 minutes to speak to a customer service person (this has happened on 3 separate occasions), then this is the site for you! And even better, once you hang up you realize they did what you asked them to do incorrectly! It's a JOY! I have asked 2 different customer service people how to change my shipping address on line - they don't know how to do it ... UGH. I asked to have a manager call me ... the customer service person PROMISED me that someone would be in touch that day ... NO PHONE CALL. The customer service person changed my billing address NOT my shipping address which is wrong. I have cancelled my subscription (auto ship for a product I use daily) and will now pay a little more to buy on Amazon WITHOUT the aggravation.

ls165
12/4/17

My first time ordering from this fraudulent online store. I ordered one item from this store and order 2-day express shipping. Never received product, despite UPS claiming a "no-signature-needed" delivery. My home has video surveillance. No UPS showed that day. I called, chatted online and emailed Dermstore. The representatives were rude and said there would be an investigation and the "tracer" would take 7 days to let me know status. No apology from them! Didn't even offer to send me another package. What store treats its customers so poorly? Never experienced such poor service from any store before, online or in person. So I informed Dermstore I will never order from them again and will discourage my friends and colleagues from patroning them. Two weeks later, still no package. I didn't hear a word from Dermstore. So I alerted my credit card which refunded my account back for my Dermstore purchase. Dermstore then emails me a nasty message that they discovered I asked for charge-back from my credit card and I would not be getting a reshipment and cannot order from them again. Crazy, disrespectful store with horrendous customer service. NEVER BUY FROM THEM. Go with Amazon Prime. You get your packages with next-day delivery! Prompt and courteous Guaranteed next-day delivery/customer service or they give you a discount or cash-back! And prices are about the same or less.

tonil41
11/30/17

I returned 2 items that totaled $190 and was only sent a credit for $90. I spoke to several people at the company regarding this issue and they keep saying that it will be corrected, but has not been corrected after 1 month. I've never had something like this occur with any company in the past where a full refund is not provided. I called for the past several days and nobody is picking up the phone at this company. Go to Sephora or Ulta and you will not have to deal with this nonsense.

bichngan
11/28/17

I bought few items for skin care and the sale lady asked if I want 2 free people magazines. I said yes. They kept sending me and charged me for the last two months of more magazines which I am not interested to read regularly, also sending new eye cream every month. They said I authorized for that which I did not.
I called and was put on waiting for long time, I have to try again later.
Watch out for this kind of dishonest business practice on line these days

lorir96
11/26/17

I've ordered from them multiple times and I've been very happy with their service and speed of delivery. They often offer coupons to return customers that aren't for the general public. I truly appreciate that and it keeps me buying all of my Drunk Elephant products exclusively with them!

reneet30

QTY: 1

SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 -
$65.00
QTY: 1
Both products arrived with a putrid smell. Now I have been purchasing this brand of SPF for years, so I know exactly what it smells like. They charged me $6.25 to return their smelly product! Bad service! The returned smelled just as bad! I'm never buying from Dermastore again.

Tip for consumers: Order direct from www.skinceuticals.com for the best quality product! Dermastore seems to use old product.

marias296
11/1/17

I contacted customer service today and the lady I talked to hanged up the phone on me because I asked her to speak with a supervisor.
I was not rude at any moment. She was actually rude to me.

My question was why the orders dont come every month. We ran out of the potion for two weeks before we get the next shipment. The lady told me the orders skip the month of October. I asked her why and she said I dont know.

I placed two orders for the potion on different dates so that we would never run out and when the orders skip a month its imposible not to run out.

She said she didnt know and kept telling me the November orders will ship soon. We have been out of the potion for 2 weeks. I have 4 kids and they all use it.

This is not the first time it happens. The orders are sporadic and skip often. She kept telling me that the orders will ship soon over and over without giving me an explanation on why the orders skip.

When I ask her to get me to a supervisor so I could find out why this is happening she hanged up the phone on me!

What a great customer service you have! You need to find out who is this lady and re-train her. She does not know what it means to be a good customer service rep.
I work with customers all day long and my job is to make them happy because we want their business. The customer is always right no matter what. This lady can cares less if I take my business somewhere else. She is not a good employee if she does not care to keep your companys customers happy.

Her treatment towards me is unacceptable. Shame on her!

Very upset customer!

karenf141
10/23/17

So I emailed the dermstore with a concern asking if their derma rollers had real needles or if they were wheels with spikes on the ends. For anyone who is interested, they aren't real needles. And I asked about their return policies. Their site says they reply within 24 to 48 hours. This woman replied with a copy and paste answer about what a derma roller does a week later. Never addressed my concern about them having real needles never addressed anything about returns and even got the information wrong about what the derms roller metal was actually made out of. I was within the return window and I hadn't even opened the box at that point. I think they are a scam and would advice everyone to not shop here. You will lose money and they won't address concerns when asked. They will completely ignore you and think a copy and paste answer is sufficient. I doubt my email was even read.

katrinab27
10/15/17

After I placed order took 4 days to get to the shipping date; Took 5 days for item to arrive. Links to the track package and to the survey did not work.
Called customer service and was on hold for a long time til they picked up

marieliss
10/13/17

If you ever need to call Customer Service.......GOOD LUCK!!! Call twice, both times rude weren't able to help. Ask to speak to supersivor both times and it didn't happen plus they hanged up!

daunam
10/13/17

The "Sitewide Sale" isn't for real. It should not be called sitewide when most if not all of the items I'm interested in don't qualify. Very annoying!!!

natashal28
9/18/17

I have had nothing but great service from derm store products have been great not sure why people have bad reviews on here

jend52
9/12/17

Beware when returning items. I do not recommend using the using the "prepaid" return label. It has been almost 3 weeks and the tracking still shows "in transit" The package is only going from AZ to KY. I was told it could take up to 14 days additional time after they receive the item to actually obtain my store credit....ridiculous

nathalied6
9/4/17

it is misleading and very annoying, after I spend the time gathering items inside my cart, to find out that most of them are full price. Dermstore is probably one of the worst from that standpoint,

Response from CustomerService D., DermStore Representative
Hi Nathalie, while we make an effort to offer the best promotions, some of our brand partners request to not participate. As part of these relationships, we respect our vendors' requests to be excluded from certain types of promotions. The sale terms and conditions are always listed in all of our promotional emails. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
hallieb12
8/27/17

This is the worst website I have ever bought something from. 1. They lied. after I made my purchase I received an email saying the product was out of stock. Then I looked on there website and it wasn't. 2. They took my money. I payed extra for upgraded shipping and a week later and I never got my product. The shipping wasn't refunded. I called customer service and it was very unhelpful. It's been a while and I've never gotten my serum. Never trust this website with your money.

Response from CustomerService D., DermStore Representative
Hi Hallie, we apologize for the inconvenience, please send us a private message and we'll be glad to assist you.
boh37
8/25/17

I ordered a product. They accepted all of my credit card info and the order went through. Then immediately I got an email saying my order couldn't be processed but didn't tell me why. They had a live chat link and I clicked on it twice and submitted my info but no one responded. Very unusual. I emailed them to cancel my order and not to charge my card. I hope they comply. I should have read these negative reviews first.

karil14
8/16/17

Asked for ship status and was sent tracking number and email saying it was delivered to me despite USPS showing it was never received by them. Then Dermstore tried to trick me into canceling my PayPal claim which had already been decided in my favor. Manipulative unprofessional liars. Unbelievable. USE PayPal every time!!! $85 would have been lost.

coryj11
8/10/17

I'm a longtime customer of Dermstore and noticed on their website that if you are a new customer and/or visit the site for the first time you get better promo codes than longtime customers.

I kept ordering from them because they used to have free express (2-day) shipping and I could get products quickly without paying anything for shipping. Well, they quietly changed their shipping and now it's been several days since placing my last order and it's not even on its way yet. Will be looking for a new online site for skincare products.

pamelad64
6/25/17

I was so happy to find my pricey Rene Furterer hair care product available for a 15% discount if I signed up for auto reorder. When I used the last of the product I had purchased at a salon I started using my order from Dermstore. My hair didn't look nearly as good. I tried it once more and my hair looked horrible and felt coated with plastic. This stuff is not cheap and even with 15% off I paid $40 for something that was not worth $5. Back to paying full price at the salon. Don't waste your money here. They are no better than amazon.

272 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No! According to Elta MD this store is not an authorized dealer and obtain their products illegally.

By Mandy B.

Our standard shipping is 1-3 business days, unless the item is considered hazmat it'll be 7-10 business days to be shipped with ground shipping. Any hazmat items will state it on the product page.

By CustomerService D. [DermStore Rep]

Hello Patricia, At Dermstore we strive to provide our customers with the best service possible however, sometimes we have not been able to achieve that, but we are constantly learning from our mistakes and getting better every day. I would love it if you could give us a chance to show you just how great our shopping and customer experience can be. Feel free to contact me directly via email at rcervino@dermstore.com or any of our customer service team members at 1.800.213.3376. Best, René Cervino Sr. Customer Service Manager Dermstore

By CustomerService D. [DermStore Rep]

Hello Marisa. To better assist you we would need to know what type of card you received. Please give us a call at 1.800.213.3376 or via email at service@dermstore.com and we'll be glad to help you place your order.

By CustomerService D. [DermStore Rep]

DermStore is an authorized retailer for every one of the brands that we sell on our site. We get all of the products directly from the vendor/manufacturer. DermStore would never intentionally sell an expired product to our customers.

By CustomerService D. [DermStore Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the DermStore staff and other customers.

11 Photos for DermStore