Review of DealeXtreme

Tel: (+86) 1353-0080-484
dxopsos@gmail.com

cobies
6/30/17

I paid order 170406001055871195 to South Africa on 7 April 2017. Money was taken by deal extreme but to date 30 June 2017 U have received nothing. No goods; no update; no info at all Oaid but got nothing.....not impressed at all.

berkg
6/6/17

Paying fast shipping made sense in the beginning since I realised it literally makes no sense to pay extra. They stated 5-7 days for the extra shipping and It has already been 4th week and I am still waiting for the item. I will never ever buy from this website again. Waste of money and time.

theot12
6/5/17

The prices are good but they don't deliver. What is the use to pay a lower price if you don't get the stuff. Better pay little bit more and get something in exchange. Never pay them again. Once they crooked me. It wouldn't happen again.

phillipb49
5/26/17

Massive products! Although a lot of products, but some quality is not good. If you know how to pick, you can still find good things, such as mobile phones

mattb149
5/19/17

I ordered a $260 SSD Drive and it simply never arrived. Canada Post confirms that the package (via tracking number) never arrived in Canada. It's been 3 months since my order. I opened a dispute with them directly and via Paypal, and they did not respond until I escalated my Paypal dispute. They finally responded by sending me an e-mail (not via the Paypal dispute resolution center but via private e-mial) and tried to get me to close my Paypal dispute (promissing that if I did they would refund my money). However, beforehand, I read the numerous other reviews on this site and other review sites where customers reported the same tactic....when the customers comply and closed the ticket, DealExtreme simply kept their money and never contacted them again. So I've kept mine Paypal dispute open. Their tactic of contacting you outside the official Paypal resolution center is a COMPLETE VIOLATION of their agreement with Paypal. Hopefully Paypal will get my money back...should know in about a month. You'll see this same story repeated over and over in the other reviews at this site. I really wish I had seen them before I ordered. This is intentional bad business practices...completely immoral. In short...theft.

Please help stop this international theft by filing complaints with the US Federal Trade Commission online complaint form (Select: Internet Services, Online Shopping or Computers ) https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Information#crnt&panel1-1

Also If you live in BC you can Consumer Protection BC who gave me these instructions:

"Consumer Protect BC can provide assistance with Distance Sales Contracts in some situations, and we invite to read section 49 of the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act (http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/04002_04#part4_division4) to see if any parts of our legislation would pertain to your situation. If you wish cancel your order, you can send the business a Notice of Cancellation of a Distance Sales Contract (https://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/images/content/inquiries/KG%2010-%20Dist.%20sales-%20no%20supply%20date-%20no%20delivery%20v2.pdf) once you have not received the good within 30 days of the supply date. If you choose to do this, please send the letter in a manner that you can verify whether or not it was received by the business, for example by fax, email or registered mail. If they do not comply, you can fill out a complaint form (https://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/images/content/inquiries/complaint%20form%202014.pdf) with us. Along with the complaint form, please provide a copy of your original purchase contract, copy of cancellation form, and proof of delivery.
LICENSING & INFORMATION OFFICER
TF 1.888.564.9963
A 307-3450 UPTOWN BLVD. VICTORIA BC V8Z 0B9
W www.consumerprotectionbc.ca "

Tip for consumers: Do not buy from them.

ir2292
5/19/17

I order couple of parts on April 29th paying more then double for shipping to have the parts in time for a school project and I got the parts on may 17(way after my project due).After I contacted them for return details they didn't answer back(2 days now...).
By the way I try to call them 10 - 20 times they didn't answer even once( and you can't live a message also)
Don't buy from them and save yourself a headache.

sunc8
5/5/17

I made an order on FEB-20th. Today is May 5th. So far I didn't receive it.
They told me to wait more two weeks!!!!
I tried to make a (bad) review and they blocked me.
IT IS A ROBBERY.

ahmade6
5/1/17

Order # : 170309001069515050
Ticket number: 4442E4D284E64B0C8EE5E3341CBD7804

Shipment lost/damaged in transit

DX.com refuses to re-ship / refund after forcing me to close paypal dispute.. HORRIBLE SCAM

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

mattp77
4/27/17

Absolutely disgusted with the service received from dx.com

First issue - I made a purchase and the order got stuck at payment processing even though I had received an email to say payment had been completed and my credit card charged. It took multiple attempts for someone to escalate this and realise it was an issue. Previously I had been told "just wait longer".

Second issue - I was given an tracking number and a link to Toll website. When I tried to track the item it came back as invalid number. After trying for 4 days I spoke to Toll who advised the tracking number was invalid and to speak with dx.com. When I spoke with customer service I got the usual response "just wait longer" even though Toll had advised that the tracking would have updated on their site 24 hours after sending (if it had been sent). dx.com customer service says it takes up to a week for the tracking number to appear on Toll website - who is not telling the truth?

Third Issue - the customer service representative that I spoke to said that delivery time was 7-11 days (after handling). When I pointed out that the website says 3-5 days for my item she said that was not normal and that 7-11 days (more than double the time) was how long it usually takes. This is plain dishonest to underquote the time for delivery.

Fourth Issue - with this poor experience I requested to speak with a supervisor and the representative refused to escalate.

Fifth Issue - After being told to "wait longer", I have now been told that my items have been "returned to warehouse". If the previous representatives cared they would have been able to determine the item was not in transit like they said it was. They cannot tell me why it was returned but have offered to resend. How do I know if it is going to be returned again if they cannot tell me why first was returned??!!??? The chat service at DX.com is useless. They do not want to assist at all and refuse to let you speak to a supervisor.

DISGUSTING company to deal with!!

ghermanm
4/21/17

DealExtreme COMPANY HAS MANY PROBLEMS WITH THE DELIVERY OF GOODS ORDERED.
I ordered Network Adapter on January 29, 2017, I paid the same day, the Network Adapter was sent on February 16 and I did not receive what I ordered and paid until today.

gregs134
3/8/17

Well, the title says it all... after almost 40 days after payment, I am still waiting, but since the package went to the wrong country... It really "Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away!"

kentw
3/4/17

I purchased a cell phone item thinking the company is located in the U.S. The item arrived and I realized that Dealextreme is located in China (per the return address on the packaging). The item did not work and I called their toll-free number and a Chinese man answered and did not speak English. I called again and he would hang-up everytime. I finally had to resort to contacting my credit card company and was able to get the charge reversed. Would advise all to avoid dealing with this company.

adibk
3/1/17

Ordering with dealextreme.com is just like buying a lottery ticket.
You have chance 1 of 1000000 to win, and receive what you've ordered.
DON'T MAKE DEAL WITH THEM!
DON'T BUY FROM THEM!

peterj135
2/27/17

Took delivery of a flashlight that did not work. Contacted Deal X of the problem. After 5 email I received answers that they needed a picture of the flashlight. Sent image with no reaction so I sent a new message with the image. After 2 weeks, I got the answers they needed video on the flashlight. Has sent video 5 times without reaction.
The changes the email address at this kind of matters, which after a while stop function.
Warning of Dealextreme!

macp7
2/16/17

I placed my order back in Dec and it's been 2 months and I still haven't received my order and can't track my order. The customer support service is useless. Same standard reply - "wait for another one to two weeks". Got that same reply even after month from my initial inquiry. Frankly, the saving if at all there is any, is worth less.. I lost the interest in the product. I wouldn't recommend to buy.

nitivongv
2/15/17

Please read the story below and use your consideration before deal with dx.com
they tell me to upload CREDIT CARD PHOTO to deal with them after I upload my id already I said too much for me I cannot trust if photo is leak photo database is not like text or digit that can encrypted one way hash key that cannot reverse back to see original information so if someone get to photo keeping data they get all information (I'm a programmer working 30 years)

I cannot get contact on customer support So I will post it here I have an order 170124001076946220 on 1/25/2017 Jan 25 on between this period you do nothing until Feb 3 You dx.com cancel my order because I don't send you my credit card photo I chat to your staff that I cannot trust the way you get credit card photo but I upload ad but before that you withdraw my money until today Feb 15,2017 money never refund,Is this make sense? You cancel my order and hold the money about a month for reason checking security?????? If I cancel you make sense I have to wait but you cancel me and tell me to wait for the money ?????

Tip for consumers: beware your credit card they want the photo not only data

michaeld258
1/19/17

In my experience,they always deliver orders,but you can wait months for it. I haven't ordered more than a half dozen items,mostly cheap stuff,and feel I got what I paid for. I do like the free shipping.

adamb150
12/13/16

I waiting from Nov1 for delivery and is showing always in Transit - it is a jock

nicholasw26
9/6/16

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE!!! They sent me wrong item, and when i asked for a refund they're GONE!! NO NEWS! BEWARE!!! CUSTOMER SERVICE WASN'T HELP WHATSOEVER!! Bunch of THIEF!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! My first order will the last!! DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

itayu
7/13/16

I bought their product that was on sale after the deal was approved and theyreceived the money, they decided that the deal is not good for them, (probably too cheap or something) and decided that they would not provide me the product. Despite repeated requests for the product they refused with a difrent excuse everytime. Not recommend buying anything from them. They are not reliable.

stephenc79
5/13/16

One of the most unpleasant on line buying experiences ever. The high handed arrogance and rudeness of the So-called"support" staff was unbelievable including arguing with me on the definition of US$ (I have been an accountant (CPA) for over 40 years). Goods lost and told it was my fault- never again. If I could score lower I would

jp155
4/15/16

Bought some parts, correct descriptions, etc. Shipped the wrong items and refused to cover my loss due to their incompetence. For a small items is ok, but I lost almost $70 due to this and not for my fault. And they still dare to ask me to refund them some of the money. Good thing I escalated it to paypal and was awarded the $, my only regret is not asking more from paypal.
When they ask you to cancel your paypal dispute, don't!! they will try to scam you out of your hard earned money.

marya391
2/29/16

My order was sent with 1 out of 3 of the parts. After many, many comments to customer service, I was asked to be patient. The agent promised that she would contact the manufacturer.

Today--3 months later--my customer service ticket was automatically cancelled because I hadn't responded in those 3 months. I've never know a company to need constant harassment to get them on track--especially when they begged me to be patient.

So I got a "great deal" on the product, but can't use it. So the real cost is a replacement product, my time and my aggravation. Fail.

getl2
2/25/16

I have ordered quite a few things mainly LED lamps from DX and usually had proper service. I had a problem towards the end of last year when some of their lamps went faulty and I had quite a rigmarole to have them replaced. I had the same problem and tried to report it in Jan this year2016 and my complaint just went stagnant. I tried to talk to their stupid chat online which takes an age to connect with skivvie who then just signed off saying they were rushing my problem and to check my email the following day, nothing and the day after, nothing, I've seen nothing to want to interact with this part time company with a pretentious customer services again.

jaaps6
2/4/16

I ordered some items total worth of 22 euros or so. DX.com made a mistake of shipping it to the wrong address. How they managed to do that is still a mistery because my address in their system (website) is accurate (I put it there myself obviously) and the address on the invoice was correct as well.
After waiting very long I tracked the package myself (took some real effort, no help from DX) and found out that it had the wrong address. By that time our national postal service had returned the package because it was undeliverable.
DX denied everything, told me I had given the wrong address myself and basically told me to piss off. So that was my last order at DX. I cannot trust those guys. I cannot trust them copying an address from their system without mistakes and I cannot trust them in solving their own problems. They did this at my (the customer's) expense.

Tip for consumers: Only place orders of small value. If something goes wrong (and DX makes mistakes) it's you the customer who suffers the consequences.

Helpful answer

i have bought a lot of stuff from them, over several years. prices are sometimes amazing, and shipping is always free, usually by registered mail. but they are a retailer, not the manufacturer, so product quality, and availability, is out of their control. i tend to buy small gadgets from them, so if one or two are d.o.a., it's not a big deal, and i know that i won't pay the shipping back to hong kong for a refund on a $6 battery charger because it isn't worthwhile. my biggest frustration with them is when a product is "out of stock". to me, this means that it will ship as soon as they can get some more from the manufacturer. to them, it's another way of saying "discontinued", and usually, don't expect to see it again. i'm hooked on their amazing prices, like a decent watch, delivered, for less than what it costs to have just a watch battery replaced at a local store. or 2 rechargeable batteries, and a charger, for what one disposable camera battery would cost. yammv.

By s-j k. on 5/14/15
Helpful answer

My advice is call your credit card company or PayPal and report it as fraud. That's what I'm doing. I never received my goods either and lost $260. If you report it to your credit card company / PayPal they may be able to get your money back.

By Matt B. on 4/10/17

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the DealeXtreme staff and other customers.

3 Photos for DealeXtreme