US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

itayu
7/13/16

I bought their product that was on sale after the deal was approved and theyreceived the money, they decided that the deal is not good for them, (probably too cheap or something) and decided that they would not provide me the product. Despite repeated requests for the product they refused with a difrent excuse everytime. Not recommend buying anything from them. They are not reliable.

stephenc79
5/13/16

One of the most unpleasant on line buying experiences ever. The high handed arrogance and rudeness of the So-called"support" staff was unbelievable including arguing with me on the definition of US$ (I have been an accountant (CPA) for over 40 years). Goods lost and told it was my fault- never again. If I could score lower I would

jp155
4/15/16

Bought some parts, correct descriptions, etc. Shipped the wrong items and refused to cover my loss due to their incompetence. For a small items is ok, but I lost almost $70 due to this and not for my fault. And they still dare to ask me to refund them some of the money. Good thing I escalated it to paypal and was awarded the $, my only regret is not asking more from paypal.
When they ask you to cancel your paypal dispute, don't!! they will try to scam you out of your hard earned money.

marya391
2/29/16

My order was sent with 1 out of 3 of the parts. After many, many comments to customer service, I was asked to be patient. The agent promised that she would contact the manufacturer.

Today--3 months later--my customer service ticket was automatically cancelled because I hadn't responded in those 3 months. I've never know a company to need constant harassment to get them on track--especially when they begged me to be patient.

So I got a "great deal" on the product, but can't use it. So the real cost is a replacement product, my time and my aggravation. Fail.

getl2
2/25/16

I have ordered quite a few things mainly LED lamps from DX and usually had proper service. I had a problem towards the end of last year when some of their lamps went faulty and I had quite a rigmarole to have them replaced. I had the same problem and tried to report it in Jan this year2016 and my complaint just went stagnant. I tried to talk to their stupid chat online which takes an age to connect with skivvie who then just signed off saying they were rushing my problem and to check my email the following day, nothing and the day after, nothing, I've seen nothing to want to interact with this part time company with a pretentious customer services again.

jaaps6
2/4/16

I ordered some items total worth of 22 euros or so. DX.com made a mistake of shipping it to the wrong address. How they managed to do that is still a mistery because my address in their system (website) is accurate (I put it there myself obviously) and the address on the invoice was correct as well.
After waiting very long I tracked the package myself (took some real effort, no help from DX) and found out that it had the wrong address. By that time our national postal service had returned the package because it was undeliverable.
DX denied everything, told me I had given the wrong address myself and basically told me to piss off. So that was my last order at DX. I cannot trust those guys. I cannot trust them copying an address from their system without mistakes and I cannot trust them in solving their own problems. They did this at my (the customer's) expense.

Tip for consumers: Only place orders of small value. If something goes wrong (and DX makes mistakes) it's you the customer who suffers the consequences.

titob1
12/17/15

I never had any shipping (Croatia) issues and I don't care about shipping duration, I am patient enough.

But, however, if you encounter ANY problem with your product, don't expect too much help.
Why did I mention 'false advertising'?
Well, for a test I bought a UV mosquito catcher. Of course it did not work. So I put out a review explaining that mosquitos completely ignored the device.
And the review got bounced :). (This is my second negative review that got denied, so 2/2 :) ).
I did not ask for a refund or anything, just wanted to warn other buyers that it's just a pretty glowing ball that doesn't do what it advertises.

Thus beware...

balanr
11/16/15

I'm not going to say anything about the main dx.com website, as I never used it.
I did get a pretty good sized order from the EU warehouse. I knew I was overpaying, I just wanted to get it fast, without waiting in customs or pay import fees.
It did get here fast, but it seems the warehouse is only physically based in Europe, and taxes are not paid. As such, I had to get a day off to get to customs and pay 18 USD to get my goods.
I gave them the befit of the doubt and sent them proof of payment so they can reinbourse my fee. No reply from support, after dozens of phonecalls and E-Mails someone finally answered telling me I could not be reinboursed because I "didn't buy customs insurance".
I'll give it two stars, as products were good quality and got here fast, but the prices were high, taxes were high, support was rare and rude and worst of all, they are scamming people....

paulj83
11/11/15

was told no import duty to thailand only half my order arrived was charged $35 import duty and i will proberly have to pay the same when the rest arrive customer service not intrested could not care less will never deal with them again

buyerg
10/20/15

If you're looking for some electronic gadget or adapter or anything else slightly "techie", DealeXtreme offer you a LOT of options and low prices. I'm pretty sure that many of the eBay sellers actually get their stuff from DealeXtreme with a quantity discount.

Most of it is made in China, and some of it is of dubious quality. But DealeXtreme posts honest customer reviews, and you can pick out the good from the bad. The selection is fantastic, and they phase out older stuff in favor of newer versions very quickly. Depending on the item, I don't even care if the plastic is cheesy - I just want an adapter that fits and if I can get it for $1 instead of $10 on Amazon or $20 in the local store, guess which one I'll choose? Many times, its the same exact item.

They give you options for shipping too. Not just the type of service, but how to bundle your order. I like that. Whatever you choose, its FAST. And they respond just as quickly to any problems you have.

All in all, a great experience. I am amazed by the people who say they had any trouble at all with the customer service. It is one of the best I have ever dealt with for online purchases - responsive and intelligent service - and I've been buying bits and pieces from DealeXtreme for many years.

sunt2
10/1/15

Got some free shipping cables, of course the delivery time takes rather long from China. It has very low prices compared and if you do not have a hurry, it's a fine place to get it from. It eventually comes to your post box if small enough.
I've never, or will never buy an expensive or important electronic from this site, it's only for small, unimportant things like usb cables that you want to pay a dime for a dozen.

Tip for consumers: Don't expect a fast delivery, nor order something you might regret. Remember it's all ''Made in China''.

johnm552
9/30/15

received my tablet from dealextream it did not come with a charger and i thought that was poor service....every other company that sells cube i10 gives a charger .now i have to buy one...........i actually paid more at dealextream....... it will stop me from buying from them again................. the cube i10 after a few months has failed....win 10 will not load ...dealextream were contacted but not interested..there is no fix for this problem the cube i10 website is a joke...no software to upload to fix problem ..my advice do not buy this product...there is no support if software goes wrong

Tip for consumers: cube i10 is a dual os tablet ..my tablet will not update windows because it has no hd space...the 32 gig sd card cannot be used as part of hard drive therefore making this tablet useless no charger means i have to find one with a least 2 amp rating battery has very short power time .....the biggest problem is the hard drive is far too small for win 10 and it cannot be updated

gl1508
9/15/15

DX.com which I have used many times always asks for a review when you purchase an item. I purchased a cell phone cable and it broke the first time I used it. The end tab just fell off. I went to post this result and this is the response I received back from DX.com. If you are purchasing on a site and all the review are positive. Don't believe them. Here is the response I received. Also when I go to "my account", "my review", nothing is there.

"Dear customer,
Sorry for casing inconvenience.
Your recent review title "Broke the first time I used it.",which contains SKU 285866 has been unapproved for some reasons. See my account ->my review" or contact us via Email for details.
Email address: review@mail.dx.com

Thank you very much!
Sincerely,
DX Product Review Team""

deev5
9/1/15

"Worst customer service ever. before i placed my order i reached out to DX to ask them if my product would arrive on time for my holiday as i needed it to take with me. Given their long processing times and shipment times i thought i would be safe to ask. they assured me it would be ready by that date. after 6 business days i checked in to see if my order had been shipped yet and i was told it would be in a few days. when i expressed my concern and asked them to put a rush on it they dismissed my concern. so i said that given they guaranteed me the product would arrive on time when i ordered it and now they weren't giving me an answer with an arrival ETA if the product didnt come on time i would dispute the charge on my credit card. so they cancelled my order and disconnected the chat. they are dodgy at best. i wouldnt recommend them at all "

sharonp23
8/17/15

I came across this site by accident and so glad that I did. They have a huge selection of items. I was after a large air pump for an aquarium and they had a lot to select from at very competitive prices. Having already done a fair bit of research I decided to buy a 4 outlet pump which was cheaper than what I had been paying for a double outlet. I ordered on the Tuesday afternoon and received it early Thursday morning, my normal mail isn't that fast! The pump is working on 2 large aquariums and going strong. Communication with them was fantastic also. I was very impressed with this company, good prices, great range of goods, very fast delivery so I'm going back for more.

victorl33
8/4/15

the worst seller I have ever met. My package does not arrive, and returned due to usps problem. DealExtreme charged me shipping fee and made a partial refund. This is the first time I met such conditions, every time, when there are shipping issue, all the seller except DealExtreme made full refund. I wait for over a month, and get this result.
If you want a good service, just go amazon, or a least ebay, which can provide a full protection.

davidf112
8/1/15

This company has nothing but shocking service. I placed about 8 orders within a period of 4 weeks, only 3 of the orders were ever send. The rest DX.COM sent me invalid tracking numbers. I complained to their customer service and they make up all sorts of excuses. They try not give your money back even though they did not send you anything. Luckily I paid using paypal so I go my money back but be very careful as they are dishonest and try and trick you our of your hard earned cash. I WOULD NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN and if you do IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

kevino33
7/29/15

It is hard to believe that a company will actually search you out to straighten out problems with orders. It is really amazing, nowadays, that a company will take the time to follow up on claim tickets to make sure everything was straightened out and went well. And when I found out that I was the one that dropped the ball, they asked me if I would give them another chance to fix anything that went wrong. Customer service like that, reminds me of how businesses use to be run here in the USA. It is nice to see companies who actually care about their customers, and remember who pays their bills. I have not had any big problems with deal extreme. The problems I have had were primarily shipping problems, and this is primarily out of their hands. They are very thoughtful about customer service dealings, like when they run out of an item they actually contact you to see if you want to wait until the item comes back in stock, or change the order, or just drop it off your order. It is nice when a company actually steps up and does what is right and what they should do.

christyh22
7/24/15

Ordered 50 units of Jet 1300-C Butane Lighter from this site (great deals for this lighter), they even offer a cheaper price for me. It takes 20 days to arrive and I'm happy with everything.

deans53
7/18/15

Should have learned my lesson the first time when it took 40+ days for something to arrive. Unfortunately some 18 months later have purchased another item and almost 36 days so far and not received. Have asked for a refund but DX.Com just keep saying give it another 2 weeks. There won't be a third time!

kurtg3
6/9/15

I placed an order for some batteries in October of 2014 and they never arrived. In December I contacted them and they said that it was at the post office (it wasn't). After contacting them again they said they would re-ship my items with a tracking number this time. Still haven't received my items and there is no tracking number to speak of. Contacted them again and was told the "post office has it" (they don't). Contacted them again and they say that the items were delivered (how do they know there was no tracking info) the items haven't been delivered. I would be happy to pay 10 times the cost to buy from a reputable company/website then to buy from Deal Extreme. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!! I Cannot emphasize this enough. STAY AWAY FROM Deal Extreme. TERIBBLE COMPANY, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Can't say much for their products because I have never received mine.

sonnyz
5/31/15

I ordered/paid for extra cell phone batteries from DealExtreme (DX) on 27 April 2015. DX notified me of shipment on 5 May 2015. Took DX 1 week to fill my order, horrible service. With DX no service lesson learnt, I placed order battery from eBay market place ($5 more than DX). Within 5 days I received battery from eBay merchant. At end of May, my DX order is still not here. DX service is going down hill. There are much better options available on the internet. DX won't get my business. Good bye DX.

tonys85
5/12/15

Worst online experience ever.Ordered a battery replacement for Nintendo 3DX over 6 weeks ago. Still have not received Item. And they cant tell me when I will receive it...all they do is apologize for delay...useless customer service. Shopping elsewhere next time,anywhere else

billh81
5/4/15

I ordered a UV flashlight and submitted my address and credit card number.
A few days later DX sent an email asking for a copy of my credit card as well as my driver’s license.
I will never send a credit card number through unsecured email, but I did send my drivers license copy.
I have never had to send ID for an online order, so this made me suspectful of their company
They already had my credit card number, so why would they ask for a copy unless they are phishing.
Nevertheless, they canceled my order within hours.
I can only guess that all these negative reviews are absolutely true!

alans64
5/1/15

What a rip off company.First shipment was lost after 3 months waiting.Was told items were reshipped its been 2 more months nothing.They say check my local postage dept.They need shut down.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DealeXtreme staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question