Review of Costco

Tel: 1-800-955-2292
admincontact@costco.com
2017 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Costco has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

pedrol26
10/22/17

Well I am a member went to retail shop I was so excited about the price, when I got to the till wow,,I believe Costco is for a big family or group of friends where you buy in bulk and than split up..It would probably make sense..
Still its a great store with nice produtcs

anyb5
10/21/17

I was logged in and shopping at costco.com and wanted to check out their jackets in menswear, but, to get the price on the jacket, they wanted me to key in the membership number IN ADDITION to the log-in and password. WHY? It's a double log-in system that is just garbage, and for what? To get a price because I wanted to SHOP on their site and possibly SPEND money? You know what the effect was? I abandoned my cart with the items I already had in there. What kind of harebrained, way-to-turn-you-off shopping system is that? Which marketing genius thought that was a good idea for costco members?

verbanistv
10/21/17

We bought a GE washer a month ago and paid for it with a cash card. The day it was delivered, we visited our local Costco store and discovered that the same item was available there for $100.00 less! I called Costco's Member Call Center, explained the issue and was assured the refund would be processed immediately. It is now nearly a month and every time I call to determine the status of the matter I am told precisely the same story: that the matter is marked as "completed" in their records, that they don't actually know what "completed" means, that they don't know who marked it as "completed", and that they are "very sorry" for the delay. I am then told that the matter will be "expedited up to their supervisor" and that I can expect the refund with a week. Needless to say, we are still waiting. And this after being talked into the "Executive" membership just prior to purchasing the washer. Worst customer service I have EVER encountered.

mk167
10/20/17

I m member since 10 months and not looking to renew it. Most items are over priced and quality is very poor. For example organic brown eggs, each week I get one or 2 eggs bad. What kind of supplier they have arrangement with. Is it acceptable. I have stopped buying eggs. Other items has similar issues. That's why wondering the stock for Costco is going up and up. They making money from memberships plus selling over priced poor quality items. Moreover staff is very rude and unprofessional. Checking on you as you are here to collect free items from them. 3 times card membership checking and then on the exit final checking your cart with receipt. I wouldn't recommend anyone to pay membership fees for this kind of attitude and service.

chisc
10/12/17

good website, you can buy everything you bee delivery, buy your glasses and less,all your grocery.
Easy to used, many choice, and many warehouse, available and line and in shop.

bernadettet7
10/12/17

I'm not one who looks forward in buying tires or getting air for them. It's truly a chore I never look forward to.
Today was completely different.
Andrew was so helpful in making this task so enjoyable. He knows tires and he knows how to treat people with his kindness and patience. I left feeling educated on tires and learned for myself how to save money when purchasing. I
would also like to give a shout out to Ryan who had a delightful personality with his greeting and attitude when in fact these guys stop what they are in the middle of working on only to have to walk around a car to squat down and add air in tires.
I left the store with such a great feeling that Cosco service people love what they do and know how to make a customer feel happy!
Thank you Plano East Costco! You guys rock!

jonk50
10/3/17

I purchased a mattress set and Costco's white-glove delivery from Costco.com on June 23. When the product finally arrived on July 27 it was severely damaged, so I refused it. The delivery people also saw the damage and made a note of it on their paperwork before putting the damaged mattress set back on their truck. On August 3, I received an email from Costco.com saying they would begin the credit process. It is now October 3 and I still have no refund. I have complained several times in the last two months, and each time they reply that it will be 3-5 days before I receive my refund.

dans243
9/17/17

We ordered the kitchen suite for our new home.
August 19 ordered
August 28 notified by delivery company
August 29 two emails ignored by delivery company
August 31 call delivery company set up delivery and install for September 2
September 1 delivery company calls and to say sorry they did not schedule an installation
September 2 refrigerator and stove delivered and placed - dish washer and microwave sit in boxes in living room
September 6 installers place dish washer but discover that the micro wave is broken
September 6 order replacement microwave
September 13 8:06 PM call delivery company phone call is disconnected after 6 minute attempt to set up delivery time
September 13 8:17 PM second call and representive talks to supervisor wants to call installers and promises to call back in 20 minutes
September 13 10:32 realize the representative is not going to call back
September 14 get a phone call from delivery company to ask how the installation of the microwave went (the broken one is still in a box)
September 14 call third time for delivery and installation earliest date is September 23
September 15 get call from delivery company they have to change the delivery date -changed to September 26
September 16 we are in the fetal position
September 17 go to Walmart and purchase small microwave to get us through
September 17 Costco has had my money for a month I do not have a microwave
September 17 write a review - never dealing with an online order from Costco ever again

randys84
9/12/17

WE purchased the 6 inch EasyOn gutter guards to use on our Church Sanctuary, the product is easy to work with and I was pleasantly surprised at how well the product was made. Definitely a good product that works well.

lauried39
9/8/17

I shopped at the new Costco on Churchill and 75 in Dallas, TX this week and was so surprised at what Costco has done with it I felt I must share this review. First of all, the dyslexic store designer set up the store. Everything was set up totally backwards from all other Costco stores, so heading for a certain item was futile. For instance, I spotted pet food stuck in the middle of housewares, the aisle that has bagged bread, hamburger buns, etc. that is normally by the bakery, I found only by accident somewhere around wine. This brings me to that topic. the wine department is a joke. It is disorganized, and there was not one wine there that was listed on the internet. I finally found two choices of beer (nothing I ever heard of) over by toilet paper. If there was alcohol it was hidden. I spent over two hours there until I was so frustrated, I just quit. My experience at checkout was no better. They need to hire a few adults to train the kids. When I got to the checker, I was holding both my Costco card, and my Costco Visa. By the time I finished checking out, the Visa was no where to be found. I feel certain that card must have gone somewhere. I finally left without the Visa card and ended up cancelling it. I can only say the only reason I would shop at this store again is because it is a block away from my apartment.

ryanl84
9/5/17

if you decide to buy online hope you don't have any issues. ordered a $2000 gazebo, it was lost, took almost 2 months to finally get, no one would call back, finally got one phone call and they left the 1800 number to sit on hold for an hour to call back and then they offer $75 for inconvenience when you get $60 just for buying. have gone up the chain through costco wholesale and everyone says' their margins are less the 3%. maybe if the count write downs etc. Guess what, i work in the insurance industry and we lost money last year ... dont believe it, because the accountants can make the numbers say what they want it too. maybe its because they cant pay for customer service. just brutal

tonys187
8/31/17

Received the $1500 laptop I ordered today in an unsealed box with very little packaging material. The box containing the laptop appeared to have been previously opened and taped over. It looks like they sent me a unit thatvwas returned or on display in store.imwas so disgusted that I didn't even open the box. I have purchased $15 items from Amazon that are superbly packaged. That's where I will be conducting all of my online from this day forward.

Tip for consumers: Limit Costco Patronage To In Store Purchases. They Don't Have Fulfillment Expertise And The People They Have In That Department Obivously Don't Care.

anona47
8/28/17

Beware buying anything on Costco online. It can take a week or more for costco to even get your item ready to ship. Then, as far as shipping, it takes forever. I bought a laptop on 8/17, more than week later on 8/25 if finally left the warehouse. Now, it's been sitting with the shipper, in China, for 4 days with no end in sight. Who knows when I'll finally get he thing. Really terrible service and compared with what I can get from Amazon or Walmart, not even close.

ericm192
8/22/17

Costco in their great corporate wisdom in brilliance decided to change over there Pharmacy computer systems. Not only did the pharmacy not have a prescription filled several days after I called it in they completely missed filling one of the refills that had been called in. Consequently I had to make a separate trip all the way back just to pick up the second prescription. Furthermore on my subsequent visit a week later two weeks after their new computer systems went into effect my doctor electronically sent one prescription and three and a half hours later during low season the least busy season of the year the prescription still wasn't ready. I'll never go back I'm taking my business to Walmart or Publix.

hollyr34
8/15/17

So, I was not told that you had to be 18 or older to shop there and you can't use your parent's membership card. I turn 18 in like a month and my mom was working late so she couldn't go. All I wanted to get was some dog food and milk and coffee. After I spent all the time finding the items and get to the checkout, they say "is mom with you" I told the lady that she couldn't come. So that lady called another lady over. The 2nd lady again asked "where is your mom?" I told her she was at work (not that it's any of her business) then she said "ok, Costco memberships are non transferable. So you can't use your moms card) then she asked how old I am. I said 17 almost 18 (again not that it's any of her business). And she said "ok see you can't shop here until you're 18" so apparently even though I am old enough to drive a car and I have my own credit card, I can't buy some milk and dog food at Costco. And even if I was old enough, I can't buy my mom groceries while she's at work. Oh and did I mention I've shopped for my mom there before when I was 16 and nobody said anything?! So after all of that I had to walk out empty handed and the ladies I talked to were not very forgiving about the situation. Also my dogs have food allergies and they do well with that food, so it was a real bummer not being able to bring the dog food home at least.

sw746
8/15/17

My husband and I have my 8 year old grandson every summer for a few weeks where we take him on a trip. So this year to my delight I find out my favorite place to shop Costco sells discounted tickets to Canada's Wonderland. Normal tickets start at 65.00 per person per, us 50.00 for parking. That just gets you in the door!! They were selling for 40.00 per ticket. Great this was awesome our two weeks vacation will come to a end with a fun filled day at Wonderland for our grandson who's 8. He would have a great story to tell his friends Right? WRONG!!
So I we jump through all the hoops to buy 4 tickets online which means getting an online account for Costco and doing all the info entry to make sure we've got everything entered correctly. Awesome I get the email stating my orders been processed. Tickets will be arriving in my email for entry to the park, just show the phone and we are in for our fun filled day. WRONG again. We make the 2 hour hot as heck highway drive to which we are all great full Wonderland has a water park. We stop at the en route across from Wonderland to verify tickets and grab a bite to eat. No tickets, I've gotten an email stating Costco has cancelled my order and to which the email doest even tell me why. My husband freaks calls his Mastercard company, to which they say Costco got the money and the payment was made to them. We call now to Costco, they make us wait 35 minuses to even talk to a person, who I can say knew nothing. She couldn't even tell us why the tickets were not processed. So after all she could say was I'm sorry, we asked for a manager. She was all to happy to out us on hold for another 15 mins. Great now I've got a manager, wrong again. The manager tells us she's check with the processing and frauds department to what's happened. She informs us that they cancelled our tickets because they couldn't verify our email address. What, wait, are you kidding me. Our email Address? Let's see if confirmed my personal info with the online account, I reverified it with all the credit card info, the credit card company verified our information and paid theme, they sent anot order processed email to us and also sent personal info back to us to the very same email stating they cancelled the tickets. So if they couldn't verify the email you'd think it would have been before all that Occurred! So the manager says we can get our money back that yhey hook as payment but it would take 48 hours to 5 days to give it Back! Are you kidding Me! So after all this they don't even offer to process our order for us so we can keep our promise to our Grandson! The manager says she couldn't process tickets for us because the email was not verified that they had been using to send us ticket info all day prior to this.so I asked wouldn't you using the unverified email address to send us ticket information that they said was unverified against some serious privacy laws. To which she said Yes! Are you kidding me! Our whole day was ruined, a promise broken to an 8 year old boy, and a 5 hour drive home in insane highway traffic. Thank you Costco. To anyone who plans anything special, do not use Costco for anything important.

marshap13
8/15/17

Purchase island grill ... Costco falsely misrepresented the delivery service. Sent contract for me to sign for delivery. I successfully fulfill my requirements and Costco was totally incompetent. Grill was damaged by delivery and had to be reordered. Second delivery, again a incompetent crew sent. Delivery not successful. I hired my own crew $250 and delivery successfully in less than 10 min. Costco would not reimburse my expense. Just apologized for my inconvenience. Contract( that Costco sent to me) clearly listed all their responsibilities on delivery. None of which were fulfilled. Costco could careless about the incompetence and was totally disconnected.

ranin1
8/14/17

This is the worst wholesaler that I have ever seen in my whole life with the poorest customer service. Low quality and unskilled staff with unethical behaviour toward customers are disgusting. They are checking your membership card picture with you at entrants then need to be checked again at the till by the grumpy cashiers and eventually, your shopping trolly is being checked to match your receipt with shopping items at the exit by other staff which shows Costco negativity and untrustworthy view toward its paid customers. it's really humiliating and disgusting policy. Above these things, we need to pay annual membership as well. This was my last visiting although my card has not been expired yet. The products prices are not at all also competitive so I believe very soon or late the most businessmen will be boycotting Costco...

Shame on the board of directors who have forgotten the real objectives of the company and obviously their shareholder's strategies which should be maintaining customers with good customer satisfaction to maximise profitability. But with this poor customer service that they are following the future of the company will be miserable and eventually will be collapsed...

gregoryd33
8/4/17

I have been a Costco member and going since it was Price Club, so many years to say the least. Today I had a full carts worth of stuff at my local Costco in Alexandria VA. At the register I was told my card had expired today. Since it is a business card the company takes care of paying the membership for many employees. There must have been an oversight with the accounting department and told the manager I would rectify it Monday morning. He said it had to be taken care of right now or I could not purchase any products. Since I am not the owner, I was not prepared to absorb this cost. Manager told me then you cannot purchase these items so I told him I will never purchase any items from Costco again nor my company and I went to Walmart and spend $300 that I would have spent at Costco

jn80
8/3/17

The supervisors and management are not helpful to new hires. They expect someone that has been on the job for less than two weeks to know where everything is and be able to put away everything quickly and then give complaints that the work wasn't done with a "send of urgency". This is management's favorite phrase. Additionally, there are employees who push 5-10 carts and walk their entire shift who are treated as if they are perfect employees, while employees who push between 15 to 20 carts while running to and from that are drenched in sweat that are looked at with disappointment that they "don't have a sense of urgency" and find surprise when another employee tells the supervisor that that person is working quickly, doing well, and being helpful to customers. I am appalled that this is how Costco treats select employees. Those that do their very best reap negative reviews and attitude from supervisors while people putting in minimal effort are treated as star employees. You need to fix this issue because that is not right and no one should be working in that environment no matter "how great the benefits are". I witnessed these incidents and conversations on multiple occasions and was stunned that this occurred. From my point of view as a customer, it is unacceptable to treat an employee like this.

shahroozs
8/1/17

The store is great, the online department is a whole different story. Inept, incompetent staff who just dont care. Each time you call, you're on hold for ONE HOUR. at minimum. still dont get the job done after that. just embarrassing especially for a company like costco. what is going on with your online department?!??

georgeb208
7/22/17

I ordered a microwave from Costco,; the idiot repairman dropped it out truck onto the dolly and damaged its side. When I called to order a new one, I was kept on indefinite hold. Very poor service. Go to Best Buy.

alirezar2
7/18/17

Customer service is awful. I bought an air conditioner from Costco.ca online. After 2 weeks when I didn't receive my order, I sent an email to them and I asked to refund my amount, they accepted. But after 16 days from that time they didn't refund my amount yet while they told me it takes 7 to 10 days so I sent another email to them but nobody don't answer me. Online Shopping from Costco is the worst experience for me. If your time and money is important to you, do not shopping online from Costco.

williamb303
7/16/17

Employees always look unhappy never smile, never act like they appreciate the business of their members. Employees will walk by you and never ask if you need help when they know you do. Floors often have empty boxes and debris on them. Employees often never ask if you want your items in boxes and just put your items in the cart w/o asking. so many other Costco stores treat their customers with a smile and outstanding service but Store Manager Dave just does not care enough about what anyone tells him.

scottb214
7/10/17

Had a Gazebo that was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday between 8 and 12. They never showed up. Got a phone call late that afternoon that they will be there the next day. Next day came and they called and said it was to heavy for them to deliver and will have to figure something out. I called Costco and they got them to deliver next day. Got a phone call and they said they would be here between 12 and 4 on Friday with two people. Next day got a phone call they would be here between 2 and 5. Waited and got another phone call and said it would be between 3 and 6. They never showed up until 6:20. Took three days of Vacation for this idiotic company that when they came for the delivery it was a young guy and old and the young guy got it off pretty much buy himself. Stay away from CEVA LOgistics. I can't get my 3 days of vacation back !!

142 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Go to. Costco.com and after you give them your zipcode you will be given locations of warehouses near you with phone numbers. The website will link you to a lot of information about Costco.

By Tracey M. on 5/17/15
Helpful answer

Sometimes happens that the article is seasonal and doesn't appear again for months. Costco doesn't sell surplus merchandise, everything they sell is first rate. If you have problems with an item call corporate hq. They are extremely happy to help solve problems.

By Brian L. on 11/18/15
Helpful answer

Get in touch with their corporate office. Google the number. I left measles with a CEO and my problem was personally solved immediately. They are not trying to scam customers, it's their warehouse personnel that sometimes screw up.

By Zeida j. on 9/16/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Costco staff and other customers.

Costco?