Review of Costco

Issaquah, WA 98027, USA
Tel: 1-800-955-2292
admincontact@costco.com

Legitimate

Costco has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

ericm192
8/22/17

Costco in their great corporate wisdom in brilliance decided to change over there Pharmacy computer systems. Not only did the pharmacy not have a prescription filled several days after I called it in they completely missed filling one of the refills that had been called in. Consequently I had to make a separate trip all the way back just to pick up the second prescription. Furthermore on my subsequent visit a week later two weeks after their new computer systems went into effect my doctor electronically sent one prescription and three and a half hours later during low season the least busy season of the year the prescription still wasn't ready. I'll never go back I'm taking my business to Walmart or Publix.

hollyr34
8/15/17

So, I was not told that you had to be 18 or older to shop there and you can't use your parent's membership card. I turn 18 in like a month and my mom was working late so she couldn't go. All I wanted to get was some dog food and milk and coffee. After I spent all the time finding the items and get to the checkout, they say "is mom with you" I told the lady that she couldn't come. So that lady called another lady over. The 2nd lady again asked "where is your mom?" I told her she was at work (not that it's any of her business) then she said "ok, Costco memberships are non transferable. So you can't use your moms card) then she asked how old I am. I said 17 almost 18 (again not that it's any of her business). And she said "ok see you can't shop here until you're 18" so apparently even though I am old enough to drive a car and I have my own credit card, I can't buy some milk and dog food at Costco. And even if I was old enough, I can't buy my mom groceries while she's at work. Oh and did I mention I've shopped for my mom there before when I was 16 and nobody said anything?! So after all of that I had to walk out empty handed and the ladies I talked to were not very forgiving about the situation. Also my dogs have food allergies and they do well with that food, so it was a real bummer not being able to bring the dog food home at least.

sw746
8/15/17

My husband and I have my 8 year old grandson every summer for a few weeks where we take him on a trip. So this year to my delight I find out my favorite place to shop Costco sells discounted tickets to Canada's Wonderland. Normal tickets start at 65.00 per person per, us 50.00 for parking. That just gets you in the door!! They were selling for 40.00 per ticket. Great this was awesome our two weeks vacation will come to a end with a fun filled day at Wonderland for our grandson who's 8. He would have a great story to tell his friends Right? WRONG!!
So I we jump through all the hoops to buy 4 tickets online which means getting an online account for Costco and doing all the info entry to make sure we've got everything entered correctly. Awesome I get the email stating my orders been processed. Tickets will be arriving in my email for entry to the park, just show the phone and we are in for our fun filled day. WRONG again. We make the 2 hour hot as heck highway drive to which we are all great full Wonderland has a water park. We stop at the en route across from Wonderland to verify tickets and grab a bite to eat. No tickets, I've gotten an email stating Costco has cancelled my order and to which the email doest even tell me why. My husband freaks calls his Mastercard company, to which they say Costco got the money and the payment was made to them. We call now to Costco, they make us wait 35 minuses to even talk to a person, who I can say knew nothing. She couldn't even tell us why the tickets were not processed. So after all she could say was I'm sorry, we asked for a manager. She was all to happy to out us on hold for another 15 mins. Great now I've got a manager, wrong again. The manager tells us she's check with the processing and frauds department to what's happened. She informs us that they cancelled our tickets because they couldn't verify our email address. What, wait, are you kidding me. Our email Address? Let's see if confirmed my personal info with the online account, I reverified it with all the credit card info, the credit card company verified our information and paid theme, they sent anot order processed email to us and also sent personal info back to us to the very same email stating they cancelled the tickets. So if they couldn't verify the email you'd think it would have been before all that Occurred! So the manager says we can get our money back that yhey hook as payment but it would take 48 hours to 5 days to give it Back! Are you kidding Me! So after all this they don't even offer to process our order for us so we can keep our promise to our Grandson! The manager says she couldn't process tickets for us because the email was not verified that they had been using to send us ticket info all day prior to this.so I asked wouldn't you using the unverified email address to send us ticket information that they said was unverified against some serious privacy laws. To which she said Yes! Are you kidding me! Our whole day was ruined, a promise broken to an 8 year old boy, and a 5 hour drive home in insane highway traffic. Thank you Costco. To anyone who plans anything special, do not use Costco for anything important.

marshap13
8/15/17

Purchase island grill ... Costco falsely misrepresented the delivery service. Sent contract for me to sign for delivery. I successfully fulfill my requirements and Costco was totally incompetent. Grill was damaged by delivery and had to be reordered. Second delivery, again a incompetent crew sent. Delivery not successful. I hired my own crew $250 and delivery successfully in less than 10 min. Costco would not reimburse my expense. Just apologized for my inconvenience. Contract( that Costco sent to me) clearly listed all their responsibilities on delivery. None of which were fulfilled. Costco could careless about the incompetence and was totally disconnected.

ranin1
8/14/17

This is the worst wholesaler that I have ever seen in my whole life with the poorest customer service. Low quality and unskilled staff with unethical behaviour toward customers are disgusting. They are checking your membership card picture with you at entrants then need to be checked again at the till by the grumpy cashiers and eventually, your shopping trolly is being checked to match your receipt with shopping items at the exit by other staff which shows Costco negativity and untrustworthy view toward its paid customers. it's really humiliating and disgusting policy. Above these things, we need to pay annual membership as well. This was my last visiting although my card has not been expired yet. The products prices are not at all also competitive so I believe very soon or late the most businessmen will be boycotting Costco...

Shame on the board of directors who have forgotten the real objectives of the company and obviously their shareholder's strategies which should be maintaining customers with good customer satisfaction to maximise profitability. But with this poor customer service that they are following the future of the company will be miserable and eventually will be collapsed...

gregoryd33
8/4/17

I have been a Costco member and going since it was Price Club, so many years to say the least. Today I had a full carts worth of stuff at my local Costco in Alexandria VA. At the register I was told my card had expired today. Since it is a business card the company takes care of paying the membership for many employees. There must have been an oversight with the accounting department and told the manager I would rectify it Monday morning. He said it had to be taken care of right now or I could not purchase any products. Since I am not the owner, I was not prepared to absorb this cost. Manager told me then you cannot purchase these items so I told him I will never purchase any items from Costco again nor my company and I went to Walmart and spend $300 that I would have spent at Costco

jn80
8/3/17

The supervisors and management are not helpful to new hires. They expect someone that has been on the job for less than two weeks to know where everything is and be able to put away everything quickly and then give complaints that the work wasn't done with a "send of urgency". This is management's favorite phrase. Additionally, there are employees who push 5-10 carts and walk their entire shift who are treated as if they are perfect employees, while employees who push between 15 to 20 carts while running to and from that are drenched in sweat that are looked at with disappointment that they "don't have a sense of urgency" and find surprise when another employee tells the supervisor that that person is working quickly, doing well, and being helpful to customers. I am appalled that this is how Costco treats select employees. Those that do their very best reap negative reviews and attitude from supervisors while people putting in minimal effort are treated as star employees. You need to fix this issue because that is not right and no one should be working in that environment no matter "how great the benefits are". I witnessed these incidents and conversations on multiple occasions and was stunned that this occurred. From my point of view as a customer, it is unacceptable to treat an employee like this.

shahroozs
8/1/17

The store is great, the online department is a whole different story. Inept, incompetent staff who just dont care. Each time you call, you're on hold for ONE HOUR. at minimum. still dont get the job done after that. just embarrassing especially for a company like costco. what is going on with your online department?!??

georgeb208
7/22/17

I ordered a microwave from Costco,; the idiot repairman dropped it out truck onto the dolly and damaged its side. When I called to order a new one, I was kept on indefinite hold. Very poor service. Go to Best Buy.

alirezar2
7/18/17

Customer service is awful. I bought an air conditioner from Costco.ca online. After 2 weeks when I didn't receive my order, I sent an email to them and I asked to refund my amount, they accepted. But after 16 days from that time they didn't refund my amount yet while they told me it takes 7 to 10 days so I sent another email to them but nobody don't answer me. Online Shopping from Costco is the worst experience for me. If your time and money is important to you, do not shopping online from Costco.

williamb303
7/16/17

Employees always look unhappy never smile, never act like they appreciate the business of their members. Employees will walk by you and never ask if you need help when they know you do. Floors often have empty boxes and debris on them. Employees often never ask if you want your items in boxes and just put your items in the cart w/o asking. so many other Costco stores treat their customers with a smile and outstanding service but Store Manager Dave just does not care enough about what anyone tells him.

scottb214
7/10/17

Had a Gazebo that was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday between 8 and 12. They never showed up. Got a phone call late that afternoon that they will be there the next day. Next day came and they called and said it was to heavy for them to deliver and will have to figure something out. I called Costco and they got them to deliver next day. Got a phone call and they said they would be here between 12 and 4 on Friday with two people. Next day got a phone call they would be here between 2 and 5. Waited and got another phone call and said it would be between 3 and 6. They never showed up until 6:20. Took three days of Vacation for this idiotic company that when they came for the delivery it was a young guy and old and the young guy got it off pretty much buy himself. Stay away from CEVA LOgistics. I can't get my 3 days of vacation back !!

cjj19
6/27/17

Costco has let us down really badly this time. We ordered an outdoor patio set on May 31 and it was arrive in 15 days. The set is still not here and the worst part is that no one will tell me what the issue is. I have contacted CEVA logistics the company that was deliver it and all I hear from them is that someone will call you back with an update. We have family arriving from out of town tomorrow and we really needed this furniture but we are so disappointed. Big let down

ejb4
6/22/17

Are you buying avocados from Costco and they were always top notch; however, over the last three months I've bought two bags and they were so green, I couldn't ripen them up in a paper bag. The last bag I bought was last week and they've been sitting inside a brown bag for seven days and are still green and hard as a rock. 6-21-17

rebeccac112
6/17/17

Can not beat Coscos deals & always interesting at the new products they are promoting. Love the organic choices.

jerryn29
6/14/17

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED FROM HOME SERVICE IMPROVEMENT , CALL THEM EVERY DAY TO REQUEST A CARPET REP IN MY AREA AND NOBODY CALLS BACK
SERVICE IS SUCKS
STAY AWAY !!!

beckies2
6/14/17

Trying to oder luggage for Father's Day gift; keep getting "Invalid Credit Card Information"; same message with my VISA and my husband's, although different financial institutions; customer service guy insist that trouble is with card(s). He finally got it to go through, but now three days later, THEY EMAIL MY DAD, SAYING MY CARD WAS REJECTED!!!!! Telephone wait time +20 minutes. UGH!!!

marcusl33
6/7/17

Bought a $2000 laptop that is barely functional and Costco's warranty service keeps telling me that I am not calling them.. I guess it's time for attempt #3, this is a scam.

freddyp3
6/3/17

Very bad service at costco in van nuys i was here today and they charge me for something i did not have with me when i told the cashier he sent me to the merchandise return i waited like 40 minutes in line I try to make a conplaint with the manager but nothing happened

julial47
5/14/17

I was waiting for my cashback from costco for 3 month. I was driving there every month trying to figure out where is my money. Finally,I received it but they refused to redeem it without my husbund. They send coupon under his name although we have one account and the same rights. I am totally dissapointed with you guys!

richarda125
5/9/17

Rob and Mario of COREAIR came though with an superior installation and follow up from them and their office was very timely thanks to Destiney.

jiml121
5/8/17

Gigharbor Costco.thank you .if you are thinking of buying furniture. or a high priced item.do it).only store I know of that stands behind there product and gives excellent service .

calv434
4/15/17

Costco sucks ass. I tried buying a toolset that they had on sale like a week ago they had a whole bunch of them. Now they're telling me I can't even buy it online. The place is $#*!ing bull$#*!

sylviar29
4/10/17

When my kids were at home I did a lot more shopping for bulk items, but since they have moved out, I go in for the jars of nuts, protein drinks, pharmacy items, books, kids gifts and wine

roberth347
4/8/17

I like Outrageous deals, manly deals, as I walk into the store. You should have Vuarnet sunglasses right there. Best lense guaranteed in the mountains. Meat deals are good. Personally, I think any electronic computer, headphones. iPad, phone, is a gimmick or clearance item, along with your equivalent of as seen on TV items. When I think of the things, I feel I don't need Costco as much as Costco needs me. OMG, I haven't been there in over 3 months.

Helpful answer

Go to. Costco.com and after you give them your zipcode you will be given locations of warehouses near you with phone numbers. The website will link you to a lot of information about Costco.

By Tracey M. on 5/17/15
Helpful answer

Sometimes happens that the article is seasonal and doesn't appear again for months. Costco doesn't sell surplus merchandise, everything they sell is first rate. If you have problems with an item call corporate hq. They are extremely happy to help solve problems.

By Brian L. on 11/18/15
Helpful answer

Get in touch with their corporate office. Google the number. I left measles with a CEO and my problem was personally solved immediately. They are not trying to scam customers, it's their warehouse personnel that sometimes screw up.

By Zeida j. on 9/16/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Costco staff and other customers.

Costco?