US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

hollys71
12/4/16

ideal. Cheap, quality, quick, convenient, dependable, consistent.

andrewh149
12/3/16

I love going to Costco, it's like a treat. Everyone's always nice and helpful and smiling and product knowledgeable and fast and efficient which is probably my favorite part. So what if I have enough saran wrap for the next 3 years? it was like 2 dollars. I got an amazing Levi's jacket there for real cheap and the only thing I'm upset about is they are gone and I can't get another!

christeyl
11/30/16

I ordered a computer on line for cyber Monday and was all excited as got a good computer with $550 off and got confirmation of my order. I then got a email saying my order did not go through so called customer service with a 20 minute waite time. Finally got some young girl on the line and she said it did not go through because of the credit card did not accept it. She also said I would not be able to get that computer as it was no longer available. She told me to call my bank to see why they did not accept my transaction. So did that the credit card company said the transaction was on our bill as pending. So called Costco customer service again and got another young sounding girl after a 20 minute waite. I told her the whole story and was put on hold then she got back on and said the reason it did not go through is because I used my husbands credit card instead of mine which is the same card just different name and my husbands name was not on the account so would have to add him for $50 and get my mom to call membership so she could switch my name to my husbands name on the account as my Mom was the primary account holder of the Costco membership. So call my Mom she calls Costco membership department and the lady says she can not switch the names as I and my husband would have to give permission or my Mom who lives 80 miles from Costco would have to go in and do it at the store. They could not take care of the problem over the phone and if we did a conference call and got my permision they could maybe do it on the phone but would take 10 days to process and by then the computer would no longer be available. So I call Costco back and waite 9 minutes and get another young girl tell her the whole story and I ask can you just put my name on the crwdit card as they are the same credit card just different name and she said she could try but a lot of times does not go through so she tried and could not figure anything out or how to change it would not allow her to do anything. So the only way we could get that computer and for that transaction to go through was to add my husband on for $50. Just because I typed his name instead of mine. That computer is no longer available and the sale on the computers is over. So I will never order anything on line from Costco again as the customer service was just a bunch of young girls who did not know the answer and would send me to a different department or pass the buck on to my credit card company and were not willing to try and help me or make it right. I just am out of luck and waisted a whole morning on the phone getting the run around and never any answers.

estherz1
11/29/16

I love photography and I have found no better place to print my photographs than at Costco. They r beautiful. Good ppi and there never distorted and there just great! ;) Thanks.

morgans46
11/23/16

I was shopping one day randomly getting regular things when I got to the register and got this (gorgeous) girl named Amber. I love those employees who can relate to things you say! She was so kind and helpful! Costco is a very friendly, low priced place!

rutht37
11/22/16

We appreciate you as much for your goods and services as for using sound, sustainable business practice (i.e., friends who work there can afford to live?! Right on!). Carry on, and we'll keep on shopping with you. Much love.

deannaw3
11/21/16

Perfect for shopping

jeremyg31
11/21/16

World's can you get your electronics perishables and bakery Goods all at one stop just have a membership card and you're in thank you Costco

patriciab152
11/16/16

Love Costco

gisellem2
11/14/16

I buy what I can from them. The prices are great and the returns are super easy due to the fact that they enclose a prepaid return label. Rarely do the charge for shipping and it's indicated when they do. Sizing is consistent more often than not. They mainly have basics like jeans and solid color shirts. They have some good plus sized items and also great boots similar to uggs, but much cheaper in price.

markv48
11/13/16

I simple cannot be more happy with Costco and the level of product and service!

betelhemm
11/11/16

Costco is a wonderful place to buy. Yesterday I bought starbucks dark roasted coffee beans. I know when coffee is dark. When it says dark, I thought it was darker brown. This was real black. When I test the coffee , it was such the worst coffee I have ever sipped. It is over roasted. I wish could bring it to Costco and get refund .

ivanh26
11/8/16

In General I've been a Costco fan for an very long time! This is where you can go and buy a lot of stuff for a cheap price, they have a food court with amazing food and I absolute love it. The Workers are very friendly! They deserve more than a 5 star!

chesterr8
11/8/16

Good selection of quality products

markg138
11/7/16

You get some great deals, great quality products and usually with a good warranty and a no quibble return.
Same online purchases can't be picked up and returned to the Costco shops though.

mikes464
11/6/16

Many positives; worth admission price; quality products, helpful staff

catem2
11/3/16

Appalling offensive insulting coplike follow me around employees aren't cool nor professional. Ima 50 yr old highly educated person. Im so angry at being watched it ruins my time. Bardstown rd Louisville ky store-- losers. The $125 mbrshp wont b renewed. You have poor management

dwightn4
11/3/16

Of course the most important thing for us is the savings we realize shopping at Costco / the one flaw is that on occasion there will be an item that is a once only item never to be seen again - just like at the Dollar store / Dwight N.

trudys4
11/1/16

I absolutely love this store. You can't beat the reasonable pricing and their return policy is awesome. We buy all of our meat here, it's amazing.
Congratulations to Costco for being our number 1 store!

lonniea8
10/30/16

Always a satisfactory shopping experience.

garyr1
10/29/16

I ahve been shopping at Costco since the 90's so I have seen Costco go through a number of changes. Some of those are good and some not so good. Lately, I have noticed that at my regular store in Wilmington, NC, they seem to be intent on constantly moving things around. I am not sure why they have done this but it is annoying and frustrating to go look for things that have been in a particular location forever, now suddenly you have to walk all over the store. It's not easy finding store employees unless you walk to the front by the registers. The other thing I noticed about Costco is in the area of clothing. I remember back 15 years ago you could buy a Cutter and Buck shirt and it would be of the same quality as you would find in a Belk or Macy's. Now the name brands use thinner materials and they just look like the same quality you might find at a Walmart. Basically I have quit buying cloths there for this reason. It is also aggravating to have to show a card to get in but you can't make a purchase without one. The in bound control is useless and dumb. I understand why they have a outbound control but if I wanted to steal from them, I would not have too much problem doing it. I won't say how because it may give some people the idea and then suddenly people are walking out with goods. So enough of the negatives.
There are many places you can save money at Costco but you need to shop them like any other store. Some of the best deals are milk, the hot dog special in the food court, cereal, breads, organic Blue Agave sweetener, butter, the $5 broasted chicken is a nice quick pick up if you forgot to defrost something for dinner, and Kirkland batteries are just a few. Another nice perk is being able to buy prime cuts of beef. That is not available in most grocery stores. Gas is always the cheapest around at Costco. It is also very nice to get a check back from Costco once a year if you have an Executive membership. My last check was $187 and change.
Costco obviously has a winning business model and it is wildly popular for that reason.

mh144
10/21/16

Their house brand Kirkland is excellent. Everything of that brand that I've bought has been excellent from sneakers to peanut butter.

heatherj28
10/21/16

The only advice I have is if you get your tires done, make sure they tighten all the screws. I lost 10 nuts off my Lexus because they either didn't tighten them or tighten them at all. What a joke. I got to check my tire nuts now?

skippyp
10/21/16

NOT the great prices they used to have. Tried to add my student daughter who lives with me on another card and they wanted 2 bills under her name. All she has are e-bills (who gets regular mail these days?) and I pay the household bills anyway! Printed an email bill of her cell and after much fuss they finally gave her a membership card. Lousy attitude not to have an express land for few items... "we want you to buy more". Psshhh, how about I go to Walmart across the street then to buy less then 10 items at a better price?! Wont be renewing membership next year.

maggiev8
10/19/16

Costco is awesome in prices when you have a big family here is where you want to shop. You will get your money worth.

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Costco staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question