Review of Costco

Tel: 1-800-955-2292
customerservice@contactcostco.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Costco has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

shireena2
4/14/19

I've been going to Costco for 6 years now always a pleasure but today was terrible i the cashier was so rude and impolite her name is NICOLE my husband asked her twice how much is the cereal? She said it's right there, then she said it's that much because you got 3 after that I had 2 items that are separate and I wanted tax exempt on them she called for the soup to clear it which I totally understand and know that is the rule there instead of waiting a minute she went and got the next person in line my husband told her I'm first and u have to wait and do my things first she said NO my husband then again told her we've been coming here for 6 years and never did the cashier take the person after us they would wait that minute until the soup comes and clears everything she then said I NEVER SEEN U GUYS HERE BEFORE well that's not our problem we told her after that the soup came and 2 other staff members also came and we explained the problem they said we are sorry and we were so mad so my husband told them I don't want anything and give me my money back and I'm going to cut up my member card and never come back so they started talking to us and apologizing and trying to fix it we told them that the cashier didn't like us to begin with we asked a question and she never answered them she left us and toke the next person in line she was offensive is it because we are Muslim and I wear a hijab , that's not the way u treat people, that cashier is the most rude and horrible person and is making COSTCO look very bad . I will never do business there again. Just one other thing the 3 staff that were helping take care of the problem were very very polite and helpful they made it a little better at least.

waynel116
4/14/19

Great place to just walk and browse and try some FREE samples, or perhaps grab a couple of their hot dogs with soda.

Parking can be a hassle, it's FULL like the Holidays, especially the weekends.

Overall, a nice place to shop and visit.

carlag64
4/10/19

I received my online order of laundry detergent with the container cracked and contents leaked out into the bag. It was a colossal mess. When I called to request a replacement I was told they would be sending me return packaging for the exchange. I had already explained the mess and had already thrown the goopy bag away and had the container hemorrhaging the remainder of the contents into my utility sink. I should have carried the leaking bottle into my local store and said "here you wanted this back." Asinine and horrible customer service.

katrinap25
4/9/19

ordered washer dryer pair(costco.com) on 3/28 called customer service on 4/5 to see why i had not been contacted for delivery arrangements. i was assured it would be here by 4/11. no one called for delivery by 4/9. i contacted costco.com they said there was a mix up and it would not be here until 5/7. i cancelled not so much for the delay but for the total lack of communication on their part for a $2000 plus order. live chat operator was helpful

mikea48
4/8/19

Ever since i got my costco card, I've save a few hundred £'s every year. It's been a great experience and really pleased with the quality of the Kirkland brand - it's the same stuff, just cheaper and better.
Shopping in store is a treat too with samples dotted around the site and an amazing returns policy, if I dont like any items.
Overall, really happy with the website where I have purchased a large tv, cctv, and garden furniture, all at a special rate, saving me loads of money.
Great Costco - please keep it up!!!
Also, please include more US items in the UK... we like chocolate/peanut butter snacks too

almogl
3/31/19

the only thing they say is if you pay in cash or card if you pay in card they kick you off the line for food if you stand by they will assault you to move you away from the line i should have called the police on them

carolw338
3/28/19

NUMI ORDERED THE VACCUM SEALER SYSTEM OF $118.99 FROM THEIR WEBSITE ON 03/15/19 and JUST AFTER 2 DAYS I RECEIVED IT. BUT, THE PRODUCT WAS DEFECTIVE SO I HAD TO RETURN IT. AT FIRST, I THOUGHT MY MONEY IS GONE AND WILL NOT GET MY REFUND.
BUT WHEN I CALLED THEIR HELPLINE i.e. 509-588-7320 THEIR CUSTOMER EXECUTIVE TOLD ME THAT THEY WILL COME AND RECEIVE THE PRODUCT AND I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK WITHIN 4-5 DAYS. BUT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO GOOD THAT WITHIN 3 DAYS MY GOT REFUNDED TO ME.

mohammedi25
3/27/19

Very bad experience. Very bad service when it come to repair some large electronic item. I dont want to write everything because I don't want to go throw more stress. The only thing I can tell you is that please never buy any big electronic item from Costco. Buy from Best buy because they have best service when it comes to repair.

jamesp807
3/26/19

Two times recently I wasn't charged for items, which the checker caught at the door, I returned to the register and paid.
Well today on my way out I noticed they charged for two chickens on my BOS, I only had one in my cart. So I preceded out and the checker didn't see that I was charged for eight items, not seven. At this point I told her to count again, she was wrong.
The attitude that I received was, its ok for Costco to overcharge.

annm343
3/25/19

, Needed new laptop quickly. Since I pay to shop at Costco, but live 47 miles away, I went on line. Ordered, paid, started tracking my laptop since buyer must be at home to take delivery. Three days later, JUST as the laptop was shown on tracking to be about 40 miles from my home, I saw an alert message on the UPS website: Package RECALLED by SELLER (Costco). I watched with a sickening feeling, as my new laptop "traveled" back to each shipping point from which it had just come!

Called Costco, rep was VERY nasty, said "well the 3-5 day shipping is ONLY an approximation. I tried patiently to explain AGAIN that Costco had recalled my package just as it was almost at my home. Long hold AGAIN, rep comes on and says (big sigh) well they could not deliver it because "YOU cancelled your order". NO WAY I replied politely. Kept me on hold 17 minutes, then came back and said, "I found the problem, you never TOLD us you changed your address". (Have had same address for 18 years with no changes).

Finally called UPS knowing they had no responsibility to me. But an EXCELLENT UPS employee offered to "get to the bottom of this for you". WOW, Costco is their customer, not me, but much more willing to help me than my "member reps" at Costco.

Seems a COSTCO employee made out the label incorrectly: Put my name and address on the label and then put Costco's zip code on package instead of mine!

Never called me, never emailed me, nothing, just pulled my PAID FOR laptop and had it returned to them while I stayed home the ENTIRE day waiting to sign for delivery.

Called them when it never came. They continued to blame ME. When I asked HOW I was going to get the laptop I ordered and PAID FOR ? Yet another "NO customer service rep" replied, "well, if you want it you could go to the website and order ANOTHER ONE. Really ? How many do I really want on my credit card ? She went on to say, THIS TIME mark express delivery ($39) and you'll get it only one day after you SHOULD have received the first one you ordered. I asked if they thought that was "being fair" to a "member" of long standing. Another LONG HOLD. You could tell the next to come on was startled, never thought any member would stay on phone that long. Explained all AGAIN. He said I could "call them and ask for the $39 to be credited back to you card after delivery". I calmly and politely said I had a better plan, one that would give them an opportunity to demonstrate "we CARE for our members"; their motto, is not empty words. Suggested they send me the laptop I ordered and paid for, and they, not me, send it express over night.

LONG hold again, and then "ok" but I'll need some additional information". Why I asked, all my information is in my member file. "Not, all, we need your cvv code and expiration date of your card, we do not keep that on file.

Ok. Gave them that information, and NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN, it's over a week later, no laptop, and certainly no help from Costco. My BANK is wonderful, helping me protest the charges and monitor for credits from Costco. So much for the NO laptop, NO apologies, NO responsibility, and NO customer service company that charges YOU to shop with them ! I quit my executive membership for this same dysfunctional kind operation, tried being a "regular member" this year. Never again will I renew either membership. Once can be a mistake, but here you PAY to be insulted and accused because the people in customer service simply can not bring themselves to say:

"So sorry, WE put wrong address on the label of your shipment, and WE recalled the order just as it said on UPS website.
We ARE sorry for accusing YOU of cancelling order, and then when that was disproved, accuse you of MOVING after placing the order ! Unbelieveable. One "so very sorry" to save a good customer, too many great places to take my business.

we will send your order overnight delivery today, you will get it tomorrow !

karlap33
3/22/19

DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM COSTCO ONLINE!! I purchase a bed set from Costco online, the set was over $1000.00. The coordination of the delivery was awful. The first time I received an email on Sunday night saying they were going to deliver it on Monday sometime between 7 am and 5 pm. I work, who can take a day off without notice. I tried calling to reschedule and they never answered the phone. They would show up at random days and times at my house saying they were there to deliver. Finally I got a hold of the company and arranged for delivery. The night stand was busted. So now I have to spend an hour on the phone with "customer service" for them to tell me that I have to take one day off for the delivery of the new night stand and another day off for the pick up of the busted night stand. And for my inconvenience I need to once again pay someone to come and take the stuff upstairs because they will only deliver it to my door.

dannyb165
3/19/19

Ordered a freezer online. The receipt said it would come on Friday. I stayed home from work Friday and it didn't come. I called and they said sorry it is actually coming Tuesday. Tuesday came around and it didn't show up. I called and they said they don't know where my order is. No one at the store can help me with online purchases. Called the online numbers and they tell me just to try back the next day they don't know what is going on. The website claimed 3 day delivery that is lie. The website promised communication the day before the scheduled arrival date. That is a lie. Never again Costco.

jamesb1491
3/19/19

Trying to register and it rejects both my valid email addreses as "invalid".
No explanation. Bizarre.Trying to give bad review of HP 7858 printer that scans
and spits out blank pages. Very frustrating.

tracyk89
3/18/19

Costco had a promo to buy 2 select patio furniture pieces and get $750 off. I put my 2 qualifying items in my cart and it was valid on both items. The next day went to the store to see them before ordering. Went to order and now the second item is no longer eligible. After 45 min on the phone with chat service they said it was a glitch and won't honor the promo. When this membership is up I'm switching to Sams Club. Feel this was poor customer service to a loyal customer.

pennyp51
3/1/19

I just spent two hours between chat and on the phone with a manager for something that should have been quite simple. Costco.com and Costco are quite separate and therefore, their customer service suffers greatly (thus the 2.5 stars out of 5 on this site). I will shop at Sam's Club.com and Sam's club until this changes. Costco wanted to charge me $800 to ship laminate flooring. Sam's club has almost exact flooring and they offer the Click and Pull offer. I let them know that I just had surgery today and didn't want to have to run around to various clubs to pick up 60 boxes of flooring. They didn't even empathize...not that I wanted it but just as a courtesy.

Sam's club employees shop for you and everything is ready for pick-up and you can pay online or at the club. Costco...you will have to step up your game pretty quickly to keep up. Manager called back way after the allotted time and really offered nothing to help. I am all about good reviews and kudos to those that deserve and rarely write bad reviews but I expect more from Costco and Costco.com. I am off to shop at Sam's Club, contact me if your customer service improves.

jimh484
2/16/19

Do NOT buy appliances at Costco their delivery services is HORRIBLE! We spent 1,300.00 for the worst delivery experience. Late, no phone calls or delivery windows, took off work(2 days 1 for delivery and another to have them fix our dryer door) to have them tell us "we can't solve your issue. We will need to come pick up the dryer, then deliver again!" So I need to take 2 MORE days off!?!? No thanks! This delivery company has dozens of complaints on them WHY WOULD COSTCO STILL USE THEM!??! No help, answers, or any consideration from Costco either! Pretty much "you can have the SAME idiots pick it up OR use LG's warranty!" Thanks for nothing Costco.

zareha
2/12/19

Do yourself a major favor, check the price online first. Just purchased a Samsung 82 inch TV for $2,999.99 Costco Burbank, the online is $2,579.99, price difference of $420.00. The major agony, they would only price match if I had bought it online.
Now I have to pull the 82 inch TV off the wall, put it in the box drag it back to the Costco Burbank get refund and order another one online. Same Tv, same brand and all under one roof called Costco.
Zero common sense.

pepc1
1/11/19

I went to Costco to get turn in my certificate of purchase and get my membership card. The register clerk, Kristen, wanted to explain the card membership to me, I said " oh that's okay, I know about it" and she proceeded to be nasty to me because I didn't want to hear about it. I did not appreciate this and than she was comparing a sick patient telling a nurse about him being sick to her explaining the membership to me is the same thing and i shouldn't have dismissed her from telling me about it. I will not be going back to that Costco location.

vitalg
12/30/18

As a Costco member I got quote for Auto insurance on Costco website and was redirected to Ameriprise, Effective date: 09/17/18, 6 month policy $2,947.00 and was charged $616.40 on same day, few week later i received a letter stating that they reviewed my policy scheduled to expire on October 25, 2018 due to driving history not meeting their guidelines, after that another letter came stating that there will be charge in the amount of $965.14 on 10/17/2018 for policy term 9/17/18 -3/17/19, then I got another letter stating: "You recently received a notice of pending cancellation of your policy. Please disregard that notice. Your policy will continue in force with no lapse in coverage.", So I called Ameriprise and asked them to cancel my policy because their new price is way to high and I've got a quote from other company and will switch to them. I called them on October 16 and asked to cancel policy next day, than I received notification that my Credit Card was billed by Ameriprise in the amount of $965.14, so I called Ameriprise again and asked about a charge, and their customer service rep told me that it's a valid charge, and they are not going to refund it, so I was disputing this and in the end they told me that they will refund me $290.63. So for one month of coverage they charged me $1,290.91
Shame on Costco for helping Ameriprise to SCAM their members!!!!!
Will never believe Costco again!!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Costco auto insurance SCAM!!!

davidm1749
12/27/18

Worst experience ever with costco or any other on line retailer. Ordered & paid for a bed 4 weeks ago. Bed moved from Washington State to California (not towards New Jersey where I live) 22 days ago. It has now sat in California for 3 weeks with no movement and a lame excuse about it being the holidays. This has nothing to do with the holidays and everything to do with costco.com having no service level agreement with their vendor and a lack of interest in trying to expedite the shipping.

beckym145
12/22/18

Received a call to scheduling a delivery date. Item never arrived. After a week i called they said order was lost and would resend and expedite. After another week they still cant give a tracking number.

kaileer1
12/21/18

I purchased a Business Member Card for the company I work for to buy office supplies and such, thought it would be a great beneficial idea. WRONG. I used the card a total of two times, the second time I used it was the experience that did it in for me.

I was there to buy supplies and food for an office Christmas party, I walked up to the checkout counter where I was not greeted or acknowledged, the cashier was chatting with another employee. He scans my card and proceeds to tell me my card has been canceled. No explanation, no assistance, just shoved my groceries to the side and called a manager over and told me to explain to her. She asks me what the problem was so I explain, she takes the card to the back office and leave me standing there for 30 minutes with no answers or anything. I eventually leave because I cannot wait any longer and keep the Christmas Party waiting, I call and tell the customer service desk and tell them I want a full refund for the whole year we paid for and for the card to be officially canceled. The customer service manager explains to me that there is not anything she can do over the phone that I would have to come in, she proceeds to tell me all of this while laughing and using terms such as "literally" and "like" as if she was a high school student, very unprofessional and as I could see I was not being taken seriously. Not only did I keep the Christmas party waiting for an hour and some odd minutes we also had to find another resort for food since Costco was an epic fail and disappointment.

Worst experienced ever, definitely my first and last. I would not recommend any other business or person for that matter to use the store or give them a penny. Very unprofessional and poor customer service.

timb445
12/18/18

I noticed after 3 weeks I did not get my items, so I checked online and it said cancelled...never received an email about this. So I called. the representative told me there was some incorrect info on the credit card, so I asked him why I didn't receive a notification. He cut me off and started giving me an unrelated answer, so I asked more sternly, "why did I not receive a notification that this was cancelled?" he then said "If you raise your voice at me I will hang up". I then said in a somewhat stern voice (definitely controlled and not yelling, "I think you should be a little more nice to someone who is upset about purchasing goods form your store>: he hung up before I finished. Worst service ever.

piedmontb
12/17/18

iStart out by saying we have never had any problems when we have bought stuff at Costco and returned it to the store, I will never ever recommend to buy anything from them that you cant return to the store. We bought a washer and drier set from them and it started out bad took 8 days to get and after they installed them tried them and the drier wouldn't heat up, so we called them and it took them 10days to get the second new drier to us. A week later the washer started acting up so we called and said come get them, they came out with in 5 days to pick up, that was Nov 17 2018 and on Nov 21 2018 we got part of the refund back? It is now Dec. 17 2018 AND WE STILL haven't got the total refund. SO I WOULD SAY DON'T EVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM THAT YOU CAN'T RETURN TO THE STORE. We are beyond frustrated, This has been the worst customer service we have ever had anywhere. We have been lied to at least 3 times they tell us we will have someone call and follow up and no one has called yet. Update 12 19 18 after getting off the phone again yesterday they are hopefully going to credit us the rest of the refund. So I hope its all taken care of. I still say don't buy anything from Costco that you can't return to the store.

sar9
12/15/18

Bought a HP Envy recently form Costco.com. It freezes so frequently, so badly. 10+ times in an hour. Freezes even when no applications are brought up. Worked with Costco concierge and HP for months. Spent so many hours, in trouble shooting along with them on the call, then downloading and installing the softwares they ask us to reinstall. Though it is still within a year warranty, they don't want to take it back/fix it. I think they are trying to drag it to go beyond 1 year, so they can say it is out of warranty. I asked HP person if my particular model known to have issues. She said yes. I asked her, if the new software/image that she gives me, is same as what it came with or it is an upgraded one, that known to have fixed the issue. She said it is the same version as it came with my laptop. For a given firmware, if a baseline of software/image doesn't work, there is no point on keep on reinstalling the same baseline and expect for some miracle to happen.
When I call Costco.com after all this, for a warranty/return, they ask me to contact Costco concierge. Concierge says they don't process return. They ask me to call Costco.com. When I call Costco.com, after they read through case notes, they just ask me to call concierge, then goes on in circles. Or some agents say, go to Costco store. I even went there. Costco store says, if you bought it online at Costco.com, you have to call them. I think their tactics is, they try to pass it to different department of theirs. Each one does same in turn. And also they can't access case notes across divisions. For their convenience, it's been setup that way I think. So we have to retell the whole story every time.
I have been with Costco for more than 10 years. We are executive member. I haven't even tried to return even a single product all these years. I think IT IS TIME TO WALK OUT OF COSTCO. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE TACTICS

142 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Go to. Costco.com and after you give them your zipcode you will be given locations of warehouses near you with phone numbers. The website will link you to a lot of information about Costco.

By Tracey M.

Sometimes happens that the article is seasonal and doesn't appear again for months. Costco doesn't sell surplus merchandise, everything they sell is first rate. If you have problems with an item call corporate hq. They are extremely happy to help solve problems.

By Brian L.

Get in touch with their corporate office. Google the number. I left measles with a CEO and my problem was personally solved immediately. They are not trying to scam customers, it's their warehouse personnel that sometimes screw up.

By Zeida j.

Questions? Get answers from the Costco staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Costco