Review of Costco

Tel: 1-800-955-2292
customerservice@contactcostco.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Costco has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

jimh484
2/16/19

Do NOT buy appliances at Costco their delivery services is HORRIBLE! We spent 1,300.00 for the worst delivery experience. Late, no phone calls or delivery windows, took off work(2 days 1 for delivery and another to have them fix our dryer door) to have them tell us "we can't solve your issue. We will need to come pick up the dryer, then deliver again!" So I need to take 2 MORE days off!?!? No thanks! This delivery company has dozens of complaints on them WHY WOULD COSTCO STILL USE THEM!??! No help, answers, or any consideration from Costco either! Pretty much "you can have the SAME idiots pick it up OR use LG's warranty!" Thanks for nothing Costco.

zareha
2/12/19

Do yourself a major favor, check the price online first. Just purchased a Samsung 82 inch TV for $2,999.99 Costco Burbank, the online is $2,579.99, price difference of $420.00. The major agony, they would only price match if I had bought it online.
Now I have to pull the 82 inch TV off the wall, put it in the box drag it back to the Costco Burbank get refund and order another one online. Same Tv, same brand and all under one roof called Costco.
Zero common sense.

pepc1
1/11/19

I went to Costco to get turn in my certificate of purchase and get my membership card. The register clerk, Kristen, wanted to explain the card membership to me, I said " oh that's okay, I know about it" and she proceeded to be nasty to me because I didn't want to hear about it. I did not appreciate this and than she was comparing a sick patient telling a nurse about him being sick to her explaining the membership to me is the same thing and i shouldn't have dismissed her from telling me about it. I will not be going back to that Costco location.

vitalg
12/30/18

As a Costco member I got quote for Auto insurance on Costco website and was redirected to Ameriprise, Effective date: 09/17/18, 6 month policy $2,947.00 and was charged $616.40 on same day, few week later i received a letter stating that they reviewed my policy scheduled to expire on October 25, 2018 due to driving history not meeting their guidelines, after that another letter came stating that there will be charge in the amount of $965.14 on 10/17/2018 for policy term 9/17/18 -3/17/19, then I got another letter stating: "You recently received a notice of pending cancellation of your policy. Please disregard that notice. Your policy will continue in force with no lapse in coverage.", So I called Ameriprise and asked them to cancel my policy because their new price is way to high and I've got a quote from other company and will switch to them. I called them on October 16 and asked to cancel policy next day, than I received notification that my Credit Card was billed by Ameriprise in the amount of $965.14, so I called Ameriprise again and asked about a charge, and their customer service rep told me that it's a valid charge, and they are not going to refund it, so I was disputing this and in the end they told me that they will refund me $290.63. So for one month of coverage they charged me $1,290.91
Shame on Costco for helping Ameriprise to SCAM their members!!!!!
Will never believe Costco again!!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Costco auto insurance SCAM!!!

davidm1749
12/27/18

Worst experience ever with costco or any other on line retailer. Ordered & paid for a bed 4 weeks ago. Bed moved from Washington State to California (not towards New Jersey where I live) 22 days ago. It has now sat in California for 3 weeks with no movement and a lame excuse about it being the holidays. This has nothing to do with the holidays and everything to do with costco.com having no service level agreement with their vendor and a lack of interest in trying to expedite the shipping.

beckym145
12/22/18

Received a call to scheduling a delivery date. Item never arrived. After a week i called they said order was lost and would resend and expedite. After another week they still cant give a tracking number.

kaileer1
12/21/18

I purchased a Business Member Card for the company I work for to buy office supplies and such, thought it would be a great beneficial idea. WRONG. I used the card a total of two times, the second time I used it was the experience that did it in for me.

I was there to buy supplies and food for an office Christmas party, I walked up to the checkout counter where I was not greeted or acknowledged, the cashier was chatting with another employee. He scans my card and proceeds to tell me my card has been canceled. No explanation, no assistance, just shoved my groceries to the side and called a manager over and told me to explain to her. She asks me what the problem was so I explain, she takes the card to the back office and leave me standing there for 30 minutes with no answers or anything. I eventually leave because I cannot wait any longer and keep the Christmas Party waiting, I call and tell the customer service desk and tell them I want a full refund for the whole year we paid for and for the card to be officially canceled. The customer service manager explains to me that there is not anything she can do over the phone that I would have to come in, she proceeds to tell me all of this while laughing and using terms such as "literally" and "like" as if she was a high school student, very unprofessional and as I could see I was not being taken seriously. Not only did I keep the Christmas party waiting for an hour and some odd minutes we also had to find another resort for food since Costco was an epic fail and disappointment.

Worst experienced ever, definitely my first and last. I would not recommend any other business or person for that matter to use the store or give them a penny. Very unprofessional and poor customer service.

timb445
12/18/18

I noticed after 3 weeks I did not get my items, so I checked online and it said cancelled...never received an email about this. So I called. the representative told me there was some incorrect info on the credit card, so I asked him why I didn't receive a notification. He cut me off and started giving me an unrelated answer, so I asked more sternly, "why did I not receive a notification that this was cancelled?" he then said "If you raise your voice at me I will hang up". I then said in a somewhat stern voice (definitely controlled and not yelling, "I think you should be a little more nice to someone who is upset about purchasing goods form your store>: he hung up before I finished. Worst service ever.

piedmontb
12/17/18

iStart out by saying we have never had any problems when we have bought stuff at Costco and returned it to the store, I will never ever recommend to buy anything from them that you cant return to the store. We bought a washer and drier set from them and it started out bad took 8 days to get and after they installed them tried them and the drier wouldn't heat up, so we called them and it took them 10days to get the second new drier to us. A week later the washer started acting up so we called and said come get them, they came out with in 5 days to pick up, that was Nov 17 2018 and on Nov 21 2018 we got part of the refund back? It is now Dec. 17 2018 AND WE STILL haven't got the total refund. SO I WOULD SAY DON'T EVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM THAT YOU CAN'T RETURN TO THE STORE. We are beyond frustrated, This has been the worst customer service we have ever had anywhere. We have been lied to at least 3 times they tell us we will have someone call and follow up and no one has called yet. Update 12 19 18 after getting off the phone again yesterday they are hopefully going to credit us the rest of the refund. So I hope its all taken care of. I still say don't buy anything from Costco that you can't return to the store.

sar9
12/15/18

Bought a HP Envy recently form Costco.com. It freezes so frequently, so badly. 10+ times in an hour. Freezes even when no applications are brought up. Worked with Costco concierge and HP for months. Spent so many hours, in trouble shooting along with them on the call, then downloading and installing the softwares they ask us to reinstall. Though it is still within a year warranty, they don't want to take it back/fix it. I think they are trying to drag it to go beyond 1 year, so they can say it is out of warranty. I asked HP person if my particular model known to have issues. She said yes. I asked her, if the new software/image that she gives me, is same as what it came with or it is an upgraded one, that known to have fixed the issue. She said it is the same version as it came with my laptop. For a given firmware, if a baseline of software/image doesn't work, there is no point on keep on reinstalling the same baseline and expect for some miracle to happen.
When I call Costco.com after all this, for a warranty/return, they ask me to contact Costco concierge. Concierge says they don't process return. They ask me to call Costco.com. When I call Costco.com, after they read through case notes, they just ask me to call concierge, then goes on in circles. Or some agents say, go to Costco store. I even went there. Costco store says, if you bought it online at Costco.com, you have to call them. I think their tactics is, they try to pass it to different department of theirs. Each one does same in turn. And also they can't access case notes across divisions. For their convenience, it's been setup that way I think. So we have to retell the whole story every time.
I have been with Costco for more than 10 years. We are executive member. I haven't even tried to return even a single product all these years. I think IT IS TIME TO WALK OUT OF COSTCO. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE TACTICS

barbarae112
12/11/18

Ordered a 4 piece appliance package from costco.com in November. Four days after my confirmation email, I received an email that the order was cancelled due to "system error." Seriously? All November appliance deals are now over at any other appliance store and costco.com says, "sorry, we messed up and don't have appliances for your zip code?" After weeks of calls and emails with the "resolution team," advising me they would see when the package would be back in stock and offer to me at the same price, or when the brand would have a similar package, they send me an email tonight, "sorry, we messed up, you will receive NOTHING.....GOODBYE" BUY your appliances from Home Depot. They never would treat their customers like this. Unbelievable. Worst experience and worst customer service! DO NOT BUY APPLIANCES FROM COSTCO.COM!!!!

udayb3
12/11/18

I bought this product after coming home when I open on the next day morning everything inside has fungus this is not at all fair Costco is cheating customers now a days with this kind of products...???

scottv131
12/7/18

On Nov 21st I purchased a $3000 OLED TV set from COSTCO.
Scheduled delivery from Costco. Costco uses a 3rd
party delivery service called CEVA. Long story short
I was scheduled on 12/1 for a 6 hour window for the delivery.
The TV was never delivered. No one from COSTCO or CEVA ever
called to follow up. I told them they can keep their TV to refund my money
I will never step foot in COSTCO the rest of my life. What a complete
unprofessional joke of a corporation.

leanah2
12/6/18

I purchased a television and scheduled for it to be delivered on my husband's birthday, was given a tracking number with detailed updates (or so I thought) and despite being given a delivery window and seeing "out for delivery," the television was never delivered. When I called Costco, they stated that the delivery office (CEVA) had closed and they had no way of communicating with the driver. I spoke to a supervisor by the name of Robert J who promised to follow up, but never did. I finally got a hold of a CEVA representative the following day...they informed me that they can only deliver the following Tuesday(which was 7 days AFTER their initial scheduled NO-SHOW! I was then given a delivery window for the following day and guess who NEVER showed up! Never again Costco; I don't care whether it was you or CEVA (which you claim has nothing to do with you, but is a 3rd party agent; that you contract with;)

yr41
12/6/18

Costco seems to be going down in quality and customer service, especially their tire centers, and, I realize now, their website. I canceled an order 3 weeks ago, and have unsuccessful to get anyone on the phone who gives a crap about me not receiving my refund yet. They all just keep giving me the run-around. I may even cancel my Costco membership over this. Amazon only from here on out.

jamies273
12/6/18

I placed an order online and Costco charged the wrong card. I called and was told the order would be cancelled and to place a new order with the correct card. They then emailed me and said the order could not be cancelled so I would get double or everything I ordered and would have to take it all to a store to return. I also got spammed with 15 emails from this order alone. They are way behind other online retailers

eugeney8
12/4/18

I placed an order on costco.com and received an order confirmation minutes later. I noticed that the order had my old address so I immediately called the customer service number and told them about the problem. They said they would take care of it since the order didn't ship and wouldn't ship until the next day. Unbelievably, they didn't relay the error to their shipping customer service until 2 days later -- after the order had shipped, then, nearly a week after I placed the order I get an email saying nothing that they can do about it. I call up the customer service number and after the woman who says she is a supervisor tells me that all they can do is cancel the order and have me rebook the order. I said that this is ridiculous because now I do not have the gift that I ordered. She says, that's what her supervisor said, so I asked to speak with him. She says ok, then I'm placed on hold for 30 minutes. I finally called on another line and the customer service person says that she reached out to the prior agent and that no supervisor had been contacted. Unbelievable. This is not an on-line system, its a throwback to the stone-age. Gene Yamamoto

dietmarr
12/3/18

I killed my battery at Gulf Coast Town Center in Fort Myers. I was on the opposite side of the mall from Costco. I thought maybe I could buy a jumper there to start my battery. The greeter directed me to the Tire & Auto parts. There an associate grabbed a jump starter, walked across the mall with me and jumped my car. He refused a tip, and stated that's his job. Best Customer Service, as always! I am and will remain a loyal customer!

redc11
12/1/18

my wife currently holds an executive card (black one), she happened to go to seattle for the weekend and left me the card hoping i could use it to buy some groceries which my parents need for the weekend, i went to costco in union gap but when i was about to pay for the items i want to check out the cashier noticed the card is on my wife's name, he asked for my license for them to check if i'd pan out as a member to see any connection with the current card, i obliged because i know if they check their database i would be in it because the card used to be in my name, only that when we renewed this year i asked that it be named after my wife, with the inherent understanding i could use the card in her absence, my name indeed appeared on the previous card ownership but still i was denied to use it, i felt humiliated...so with that my wife and i decided not to renew our membership next year, anyways, WinCo is just across the street and all we needed are in that department store so why go to costco where they charge an annual membership fee and has a more expensive price scale...actually the overall rating wouldn't even go for a star,,,it's actually naught on my standard...ciao costco that's the last time i would ever step into your store...

gabeo8
11/30/18

I bought a 75 inch TV from Costco thinking it would be more convenient to have them deliver to my home than buy it at the store and have to move it myself. Big mistake! They were going to deliver to an incorrect address, when I call them to rectify the error the lady on the phone stated they couldn't change the address so I asked her to cancel the order and placed a new one, she ended changing the address after she told me it was not possible and I asked her to change so they changed me for two TVs after I placed a second order to replace the one she was supposed to cancel. It took me 3 hours on the phone and half a dozen phone calls to have them stop one of the order so they can refund my money to the CC I used to purchase. To top it off CEVA logistics is a horrible company that does not answer any phone calls, I have called them multiple times and have spent hours just waiting to talk to someone without an answer.

sallyr43
11/30/18

The Wilsonville, Oregon Costco Optometry department and doctors are great in my opinion. My family has received fabulous service. They can get busy so sometimes you have to be patient and wait your turn, but the service I receive is always professional, helpful and courteous. The prices are very fair and the turn around time on glasses and contacts is short and timely with a courtesy call when ready for pick up. So much better than our old clinic and lens store/ dispensary

valeriec146
11/22/18

I have attached a link to several reviews on instacart. But from personal experience they are horrible and I have no idea why Costco has decided to associate themselves with them.. My daughter just had surgery so I decided to try them out instead of dragging my poor baby around knowing how she felt. They upcharge everything! They replaced several of my items to higher priced items. They just did not want to get several items. They spilled soup all over the other food, I made a complaint online and asked for a refund, never received one. When I called to check status of refund they said it was past 7 days so I couldn't have a refund (on the 7th day!) Not to mention I was only following up on my refund.. I only post this here in hopes that Costco kicks them to the curb!

vernies24
11/17/18

I just spent almost an hour on the phone with Costco Online again. My current password would not work again....this has happened several times in the past. I am so tired of having to change my password and not being able to use previous ones every time I place an order online. Also, the system will not let me delete my dead mother's address or change to my current email address or delete what they're calling a duplicate address in the address section. I cannot make changes at all and customer service was of no use. It is the most unfriendly user website I have ever used and I dread having to use it ever again. Also, they could not find my account...I had no problem this morning getting gas at the Costco store or shopping there two days ago. Costco online will be my last resort in the future even if it costs more.

sandyc164
11/13/18

We purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator and the manufacturer warranty was for 2 years, and the ice maker broke on the 27th month, 3 months after warranty. I contacted Costco and there is nothing they can do about it. We have never purchased any appliances that would broke down within 5 years, and it makes my family lost confidence in buying large items from them. My family and friends will not buy any more appliances or furniture from Costco ever again. Very disappointed!!!

lindah704
11/11/18

I ordered a 6 foot long folding table to add to our 6 foot long dining room table to accomodate the 15 people I invited for thanksgiving. The table was delivered by UPS with a small nick on one of the ends. I did not want to hassle with sending it back (it weights 65 pounds) as the box was ripped and torn and i was concerned about getting a replacement by Thanksgiving. I called customer service, explained the issue and asked for a rebate. The table cost $70 plus tax, they gave me $25. Needless to say I was pleased. If I had seen this table for sale in the store, with the same nick on sale for $50 I would have snapped it up. Yep, good customer service, saved me hassle and stress, saved them postage

142 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Go to. Costco.com and after you give them your zipcode you will be given locations of warehouses near you with phone numbers. The website will link you to a lot of information about Costco.

By Tracey M.

Sometimes happens that the article is seasonal and doesn't appear again for months. Costco doesn't sell surplus merchandise, everything they sell is first rate. If you have problems with an item call corporate hq. They are extremely happy to help solve problems.

By Brian L.

Get in touch with their corporate office. Google the number. I left measles with a CEO and my problem was personally solved immediately. They are not trying to scam customers, it's their warehouse personnel that sometimes screw up.

By Zeida j.

Questions? Get answers from the Costco staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Costco