Review of Costco

Tel: 1-800-955-2292
customerservice@contactcostco.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Costco has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

peachr2
7/10/19

I enjoy shopping at Costco. Customer service is 100 times better than what you would expect from QFC or Fred Meyer. I think I'm going to start bringing my hard earned paycheck here. Food quality is quite decent.

It's really difficult to post reviews to their website. If you post anything that's slightly negative or too negative it's not allowed to be posted. The only reviews they allow on their website is positive reviews.

michaelg1241
7/7/19

First time in a Costco. Just wanted to look around. Lady at front door was RUDE because I didn't have a card. Instructed me to exit door to get membership. Gentleman at Exit door RUDE as well. Refused to let me in with the cart I grabbed outside. Thanks for the experience Costco.

rajeshv14
7/6/19

I bought a Lenovo Flex 2-in-1 touchscreen. I'm a software engineer and after few days when i installed couple of applications fan started making very loud noise. Another problem keyboard stops working suddenly and i've to restart laptop.

So decided to return it but unfortunately it was refused by Costco because it was 100 days which is 10 days over their return policy (that's crazy). In general i never had a problem returning with Costco and they were quite flexible with returns. But i was shocked to get there response and definitely they are not return friendly anymore. I cancelled their membership right away and never going back to Costco again.

alinaf17
7/3/19

This review is specifically to highlight the customer service we received from Costco (the fiasco which is still in process), after the installers they hired botched the installation job which resulted in a broken-down machine. The TL;DR version: Costco customer service is a joke. Although the botched installation was a violation of both electrical and plumbing code and caused damage to 2 parts of the machine (increasing the risk of additional parts breaking down the line), Costco refused to return/refund the unit and asked us to find someone to reinstall it at our own expense. Both the LG repairman and the TNT/Innovel tech who came out to evaluate/do the fix recommended we escalate and get a new machine. We escalated repeatedly and then escalated some more, to zero effect. Do not buy appliances from Costco, or arrange a trustworthy installer.

We bought a dishwasher less than a year ago (October 15 delivered/installed). Took excellent care of it.
The installer botched the installation. Did not properly install the high loop (water was going back into the machine a plumbing code violation), and did not put in a junction box (an electical violation).
Dishwasher stopped working (ie, it ran but nothing was getting properly washed). The LG repairman who came out to the house identified 2 issues with the installation (noted above), and 2 broken parts in the machine, including one of the motors. He also said (but didn't record in his report) it is very possible that the reason the machine broke was due to the installation, which means it is very possible that other parts would break in the future, and recommended seeing if we can get a new machine instead.
We have spent multiple hours interacting with Costco on this,and escalated repeatedly about as far as we could.
After additional contact, Costco asked us to get quotes for other installers (because we were out of the 90-day return/refund period, they did not want to use their own) to fix the machine and then they would compensate us $150. So in other words:
o We were to spend our time deciding who is competent and getting quotes, then paying out of pocket
o They would compensate us $150 (provided someone could do it for $150, otherwise we were to call them back to discuss "options") after this was done
o A separate visit from the repair person to fix the actual broken machine was of course still also required
To add insult to injury, Costco implied in a phone call (but we didn't catch that it was not in the email) that they would be doing the replacement and we only need to look for an installer for this new unit. The next time we managed to get a manager on the line, it turns out they were never offering a replacement. This means we may be doing this dance again in the near future.
We escalated, repeatedly, spending hours on the phone. A more senior manager up the chain agreed to find an installer for us, and to transfer the money in advance. That's when we found out they weren't planning on replacing the unit.
We escalated again, 2 ways - Costco went back to the installer and asked for a refund, since this was their fault. Via a third party, Costco asked LG to replace the unit (here is where they passed the buck and said LG chose the installer per the senior installer that came out, that is not true). Both the installer and LG refused to provide the refund or a new unit. The Costco customer support manager I spoke with said this was "standard procedure".
When the TNT/Innovel senior installer came out to do the fix, in his words, which he did not commit to paper despite our request (so as not have his company come after him): "That's a lot of work on a brand-new unit. If I were you, I'd raise hell. Sears would replace the unit. Costco is a whole other ballgame". Of note, while we communicated repeatedly exactly what was wrong with the unit, this was not even clearly shared with the installer.

gabes29
6/26/19

I ordered a sewing machine on line for my daughter's birthday. It doesn't show up and check on line find out Costco canceled the order. No call or email. I call and find out that our new address was not in the system yet. I spend about 40 minutes with a young girl trying to ship the item. She said her supervisor won't $#*! it. I answered all the security questions and still won't ship it. 19 years with them and this is there customer service. We canceled the member ship and upgraded Amazon Prime. We also joined Sam's club. We get free shipping and ordered the sewing machine. Costco you just lost a very good customer that spent a few thousand dollars a year. We didn't really shop there that much anymore. Amazon has you beat in everyway. Especially customer service and shipping. Good luck with your big box of poor customer service.

eval75
6/25/19

If you shop around for what you buy here you will see that you really are not getting such a great deal and on top of it all you have to pay a yearly fee to pay more for your goods then you would elsewhere. So nop not for me, I like to save money not spend more. But more power to you all who like them.

roryv6
6/24/19

Ordered early on the 20th (Thursday, June 2019), paid extra for 1-2 day shipping. Nope! Maybe on the 25th (Tues)? Costco allows 24 hours to process your order, do not work Sat or Sun... did not process the order till Mon (24th) and we still don't know when it will arrive. Just be aware. They are not Amazon. But, if you have time to wait... great.

suec102
6/23/19
• Updated review

I ess told in may then in mid June and so far nothing , a very disappointing purchase I bought the Washington 9 piece , terrible quality and service

“Disappointed”
4/30/19
• Previous review

App or just a 7 piece dining set the next day I realized it was too small I canceled it and got a 9 piece. 10 days for refund of 1st table, same when they called to tell me my table arrived it was damaged the box was open n corner and the top of the table wood was split . They took it back I got a call 2 hours later your table is here, I go see its the tea I got a refund on , I wait a week no new table I call it wasnt scheduled correctly, then the new table arrives that scratch on top and two chairs damaged very disappointing the two chairs they said they'll replace but in a month

caroll186
6/23/19

Costco continues to disappoint in so many ways. Years ago, we could count on finding quality gift items year around; now, a few at Christmas time. Popular items are continually being dropped that we could count on over the years. (latest - protective sheet covers AND a smaller selection of books - NO MORE ATK (America's Test Kitchen) books; how disappointing!

And, WHY would they discontinue "Triple Sec" which goes hand in hand with their decent supply of tequilas? ...makes no sense.

Moreover, the 'treasure hunt' that Costco insists we need to embrace (to see everything), is anything but senior friendly. Now, I refuse to backtrack to look for an item that has been moved. I just skip the purchase.

Also, filling out the customer request forms has proven useless over the years. (After trying numerous times to get 'HR' detergents recognized as a popular item, it took FOUR years! Many friends also requested this item.) Now, as popular as 'Lite cat litter' is, - still unavailable at Costco. Why lug a 45 pound container when the 'Tidy Cat Lite' is available in 17 pounds?

Best thing about Costco is their return policy.

vivienn3
6/18/19

Buyer beware online prices at costco are up to 30 % more expensive than in store I was duped into buying one of there "online specials " only to find it was over £60 cheaper in store, customer services were not interested at all claiming its 2 separate companies and the uplift was for handling, what a joke
Do your homework before buying from this money machine

unals
6/13/19

when my daughters were buying something the cashier was so rude to them. My ten year old got her moms costco card and the cashier yelled at her that she couldnt use it un less her mom was there. And when she tried to pay whith my credit card she was so rude she let other people in front of them . I dont know her name but she was working whith
a guy named richard who was a nice guy . I was right there and she was very rude to children if this keeps on I wont com back.

thomasb653
6/12/19

Bought easy gutter guards.great product easy install very effective !keeps all the leaves and roof sand out.good install on cedar shake roof. Will be interesting to see results in fall. I have a heavily wooded situation
Tom B

darins27
6/10/19

I normally go to van nuys. Glendale costco was very understaffed. I will not return unless it is an emergency. Horrible

leahm100
6/10/19

Great array of products with good prices. Return policy big plus with Costco I'm impressed with their integrity in backing their products and services.

donc234
6/6/19

I put an order online Costco.com and need it quickly. So I paid extra fee for the Express 1 to 2 Business Days. After one business my order status is still "Received", called Costco.com. Mr. J told me, since this is the first business day, you still have tomorrow to receive the item. Next day, the status is still "Received", called again. Ms L said, you probably receive the order tomorrow. Asked, that means I cannot receive my order in 1-2 business day. The answer, we can only process your order next business day. Therefore, your order may be received tomorrow. If you cannot we can refund your express shipping fee. What hell is that?

ta196
6/2/19

Dear sir

I happened to visit Costco on Rodeo drive on 16th of May to report a problem with my car tire which was under warranty had developed a slow leak. The person at the Tire shop told me to come tomorrow as early as 7:30 am as there is a usual line up. I complied with the suggestion and can next morning around 7:30am. For at least there was no one in attendance at the service counter. Finally around 8:40 someone showed up and bluntly announced that who had previous appointments can stay and others need to book appointments and there will be a 15 days wait time. This was absolutely unacceptable as I had put new tires from Costco on the basis that they are under warranty and Costco will honor it. 15-days wait time, I have to park the car until someone from the tire shop will see it and take remedial action. With all the above, I am left with the feeling that all these promises of warranty are just to lure the customer. Also, Costco staff should not have misguided a customer about coming tomorrow and wait in the queue while I could have done the appointment over the phone and not had to take the day off. I am sorry to say, this is a display of extremely poor service. Costco staff lacks any courtesy and are unpleasant when dealing with the customer.

kateg109
5/28/19

I've never written a review before but I'm so annoyed I decided to... I used Costco online for same day delivery and was happy to pay a premium service and delivery fee (I even happily tipped the driver). HOWEVER this month I noticed a recurrent credit card charge for "Costco Instacart" on my bill. When I spoke to a Costco customer service rep they basically said "we have no idea and you need to speak with Instacart." I've never used instacart and didn't even know what it was, save for the fact that Costco partners with them for deliveries. Now I have to work with their customer service department to try and solve this recurrent charge. Costco shouldn't be partnering with an organization if they are unable to assist THEIR customers and I think it's shady that this charge came up. I'm pretty savvy to such things aka signing up for VIP memberships etc. and did nothing but place a one time order.

hughs51
4/21/19

Meat quality has been suffering. Just made Corned Beef for Easter, Gawd awful tough!..
Prior had been tender, now, shoe leather.

nb115
4/21/19

My husband and I enjoy shopping at Costco, however, we were very disappointed when we went there on Easter Sunday and found out that it was closed! As if everybody in town is celebrating Easter! Very disrespectful to other religions and cultures! Costco was THE ONLY store that was closed not only in that shopping center, but also in other shopping plazas across the street and those close by.

shireena2
4/14/19

I've been going to Costco for 6 years now always a pleasure but today was terrible i the cashier was so rude and impolite her name is NICOLE my husband asked her twice how much is the cereal? She said it's right there, then she said it's that much because you got 3 after that I had 2 items that are separate and I wanted tax exempt on them she called for the soup to clear it which I totally understand and know that is the rule there instead of waiting a minute she went and got the next person in line my husband told her I'm first and u have to wait and do my things first she said NO my husband then again told her we've been coming here for 6 years and never did the cashier take the person after us they would wait that minute until the soup comes and clears everything she then said I NEVER SEEN U GUYS HERE BEFORE well that's not our problem we told her after that the soup came and 2 other staff members also came and we explained the problem they said we are sorry and we were so mad so my husband told them I don't want anything and give me my money back and I'm going to cut up my member card and never come back so they started talking to us and apologizing and trying to fix it we told them that the cashier didn't like us to begin with we asked a question and she never answered them she left us and toke the next person in line she was offensive is it because we are Muslim and I wear a hijab , that's not the way u treat people, that cashier is the most rude and horrible person and is making COSTCO look very bad . I will never do business there again. Just one other thing the 3 staff that were helping take care of the problem were very very polite and helpful they made it a little better at least.

carlag64
4/10/19

I received my online order of laundry detergent with the container cracked and contents leaked out into the bag. It was a colossal mess. When I called to request a replacement I was told they would be sending me return packaging for the exchange. I had already explained the mess and had already thrown the goopy bag away and had the container hemorrhaging the remainder of the contents into my utility sink. I should have carried the leaking bottle into my local store and said "here you wanted this back." Asinine and horrible customer service.

katrinap25
4/9/19

ordered washer dryer pair(costco.com) on 3/28 called customer service on 4/5 to see why i had not been contacted for delivery arrangements. i was assured it would be here by 4/11. no one called for delivery by 4/9. i contacted costco.com they said there was a mix up and it would not be here until 5/7. i cancelled not so much for the delay but for the total lack of communication on their part for a $2000 plus order. live chat operator was helpful

mikea48
4/8/19

Ever since i got my costco card, I've save a few hundred £'s every year. It's been a great experience and really pleased with the quality of the Kirkland brand - it's the same stuff, just cheaper and better.
Shopping in store is a treat too with samples dotted around the site and an amazing returns policy, if I dont like any items.
Overall, really happy with the website where I have purchased a large tv, cctv, and garden furniture, all at a special rate, saving me loads of money.
Great Costco - please keep it up!!!
Also, please include more US items in the UK... we like chocolate/peanut butter snacks too

almogl
3/31/19

the only thing they say is if you pay in cash or card if you pay in card they kick you off the line for food if you stand by they will assault you to move you away from the line i should have called the police on them

carolw338
3/28/19

NUMI ORDERED THE VACCUM SEALER SYSTEM OF $118.99 FROM THEIR WEBSITE ON 03/15/19 and JUST AFTER 2 DAYS I RECEIVED IT. BUT, THE PRODUCT WAS DEFECTIVE SO I HAD TO RETURN IT. AT FIRST, I THOUGHT MY MONEY IS GONE AND WILL NOT GET MY REFUND.
BUT WHEN I CALLED THEIR HELPLINE i.e. 509-588-7320 THEIR CUSTOMER EXECUTIVE TOLD ME THAT THEY WILL COME AND RECEIVE THE PRODUCT AND I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK WITHIN 4-5 DAYS. BUT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO GOOD THAT WITHIN 3 DAYS MY GOT REFUNDED TO ME.

142 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Go to. Costco.com and after you give them your zipcode you will be given locations of warehouses near you with phone numbers. The website will link you to a lot of information about Costco.

By Tracey M.

Sometimes happens that the article is seasonal and doesn't appear again for months. Costco doesn't sell surplus merchandise, everything they sell is first rate. If you have problems with an item call corporate hq. They are extremely happy to help solve problems.

By Brian L.

Get in touch with their corporate office. Google the number. I left measles with a CEO and my problem was personally solved immediately. They are not trying to scam customers, it's their warehouse personnel that sometimes screw up.

By Zeida j.

Questions? Get answers from the Costco staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Costco