Review of Costco

Tel: 1-800-955-2292
admincontact@costco.com
2017 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Costco has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

timothyp39
1/8/18
• Updated review

Since my review of Costco customer service, I have been contacted by the company. The TV has been delivered and Costco has acknowledged their shortcomings and have offered a satifactory resolution to my problem. As a result I have given them and improved rating and will give Costco online another shot.

“Very poor service”
• Previous review

I called the local warehouse on 11/27 to see if a LG OLED was in stock and was told it wasn't.The item was in fact in stock which I saw when I went to the store the next day but they wouldn't honor the sales price. .Placed the order on line on the 27th.Was supposed to be delvered in 10 days. Heard nothing..called CS 4times on hold 45-1hr each time..no info...CEVA emailed said it would be delivered 1218..no delivery..couldn't tell me when..shows delvery 12/20..Can't get a hold of Costco Customer Service or CEVA...Won't order online again..

srir19
1/8/18

I feel safe and secure I brought a sofa worth of 2000$, after a year I have some scratches , I contact Costco members they are really very nice without further question the gave my money book and I returned sofa.

bobc150
1/5/18

Never buy a major appliance from Costco. they claim to provide a two year warranty on major appliances but it does not exist. My LG fridge died a year and a half after purchase. I spent hours on hold and on the phone with LG and Costco and after almost a month I gave up and bought a new GE fridge since. My family went almost a full month without a fridge so two days before XMAS I went to a local appliance company and got a new fridge for $3500 plus. I am a long time customer of Costco..I am so disappointed in them.

unsatisfiedc21
12/30/17

I will no longer be shopping at Costco. I purchased an LG TV from them 4 years ago and it went out (black screen) after 2 years, however we purchased the extended warranty and the company sent a comparable Vizio tv as a replacement. When my son was looking to buy a TV 9 months ago, I purchased from Costco because I had already experienced TV issues and was pleased with the warranty at Costco. His went out (lines) in NINE months. I purchased an extended warranty for his as well, but since it had been 90 days since purchase, Costco sent me to their concierge service who helped very little and just forwarded us to Vizio who basically called us liars and said there was nothing they could do because the TV was damaged. The TV was not damaged, only watched which is what I assumed was a television's purpose. So, I'm done with Costco...will be paying my bill and asking a refund for my membership as there is a sign hanging by the customer service desk guaranteeing this. We'll see.

wayneb95
12/30/17

Laminate flooring installed in our home started to separate and would not stay locked into adjacent tiles. We were told warranty was void because it was installed in rooms with sunlight and flooring was not to be subjected to direct sunlight. Never buy laminate flooring from Costco; its crap. I will never set foot into another Costco. I would rather pay more somewhere else where they will stand behind their products.

anthonyh119
12/27/17

We purchased a large game table from Costco.ca that was to be a Christmas present. Costco's shipper scheduled a delivery date prior to Christmas...we waited all day...they didn't show up or call us to reschedule. It is now Dec 27th and we are still waiting. Costco.ca is basically throwing their shipper under the bus telling me to deal with the shipper and taking no responsibility for this. This is unacceptable...I purchased from Costco, not the shipper, and I am frustrated by how Costco is handling this.

Beware and avoid purchasing from Costco.ca - I wish that I had seen the rest of these reviews before I purchased from them. I am done with this immature organization. They should get out of the online business and leave it to Amazon and other competent vendors!!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away from their online purchases.

sammyg16
12/26/17

Great store and web site. So easy to order anything. Customer service is friendly and quick to respond. Thank you Costco!

Tip for consumers: Look for sales

elissaj1
12/12/17

Did not have Costco card and proceeded to treat us unkindly and all we wanted was to check out store. Not even great sales, ugly store, ugly mannerisms.. Not going back, I will shop local. Not kind or friendly or Canadian.

mam325
12/12/17

Ordered a electronic gift card online. According to my account- card was sent, but never showed up in my email. Currently waiting over an hour to speak to customer service. Will likely cancel membership.

billc192
12/8/17

Have ordered numerous products over several years. Prices & selection are strong points. Deliveries have been good - within 24-48 hours of estimated delivery date.

miket216
12/6/17

Its been three weeks now since I ordered from Costco 2-day delivery service. I received half my order but not the rest. Costco blames UPS, UPS blames Costco. Well I didnt order from UPS. Have been a Costco member for 20 years they can stick my membership.

krish263
12/6/17

I had a membership a few years ago and returned it because of lack of use. I have been rethinking about join again due to the girls at work comments. I went with one of my coworkers to walk thought the store. I was going to the customer service counter to get a membership when I notice a manager sitting at one of the lunch tables with an employee sitting across from her. She also had a file of papers on the table. I inquired and found that she were hold that employees review for me and everyone else around to hear. It made me very uncomfortable to the point that I won't go back. I can't imagine how the employee feel about these reviews being held out in the open. I find this to be unprofessional and will never shop there again.

thomasl148
12/6/17

I ordered a Nikon camera prior to Thanksgiving and it has still not arrived. Try to get information? Not a chance. 71 minute wait on the phone. Even then, no dice. The only thing that has happened quickly is the charge on my VISA. THAT has been in place for more than two weeks. Inexcusable service for a company that prides itself in service - and one that I have been a member of for more than a decade.

Tip for consumers: I would have included a photo of my order EXCEPT THAT I ORDERED A #@$% CAMERA

elisabethb4
12/5/17

Did not receive the stylus with my Microsoft Surface Pro. Tried to call customer service several times and the wait times were always 45-65 minutes. Finally waited on hold today-- 70 minutes for someone to answer (estimated wait time was 50), was on the phone with her for 20 minutes more and no resolution. She has to submit to her team and someone will call me within two business days. This customer service does not live up to Costco's image of being customer service based and easy to work with. So frustrating.

brendab155
12/4/17

Bad customer service for several reasons. Ordered a TV online. Several orders cancelled and could not tell me why. When I finally got an answer they state that they could not verify the address. My daughter has lived there for several years. Also another order wdtates it was shipped but Ups could not give me information. According to Costco the order is lost. They said they could reorder but I requested my
Money back

roslynf2
12/3/17

My experience with Costco.com has been limited, but I find myself not wanting to deal with them ever again. I ordered a winter coat on 11/17. On 11/22 they sent me a notice that it was shipped with a tracking number. However, each time I looked at the tracking there are no updates and its just the label has been made no package has been handed over or scanned by UPS. Here we are and its 12/3 and 9 business days (not counting weekends or thanksgiving. Seriously! So disgusted with the customer service I have received. I have waited an hour at least to talk to someone and they have been unhelpful. The first call he turned it over to another department and told me they would call within 24-48 hours. The second call I made because no one called me back I was then told that weekends doesn't count (in the 24-48hrs). Basically, I wont have my coat by the 6th and I desperately needed it. So disappointed with the lack of customer service provided by Costco.com. And disgusted that they billed my account on 11/22 and now 12 days later the coat is nowhere to be found???? I would save yourself the headache and only buy directly in Costco stores. Their online warehouse, Customer Service, Etc. is a JOKE!!!

heatherd90
12/2/17

For 3 days straight, I have been trying to get ahold of Costco CS online to check my online order that I placed 9 days ago. They originally processed my order/payment and then after a couple days my money went back into my account and they still haven't "re-processed" the order. All I wanted to know was why that happened and when they will process the order again. In 3 days I have called 7 times (all at separate times of the day). Each time the call says the same thing, "we are experiencing longer than normal wait times as the call volume is higher than normal" Each one of the 7 times I've called, I have been given the option to leave my phone number. I do and they indeed call back after a couple hours but when I answer, a male recording comes on and says, "we are experiencing problems with our phone, please try your call again later" !!!! Absolutely TERRIBLE customer service, I hope I NEVER have to order online from Costco again!! Buy it in store if you have the option!

johnnyk18
12/1/17

how long does one have to wait for an online customer service?

I tried to call by phone and they said the wait time is 63 minutes!
Worst CS ever!

tanyam31
11/30/17

On 11/30/17 I wrote the review Verizon's Qmadix Screen Protection Are Nonsense. DON'T buy this product. and included that i'd bought this product at a Costco through the Verizon Wireless kiosk. Verizon and Qmadix did not contact me, but Costco did! They helped me problem solve the issue and get my phone fixed. Thank you Costco for excellent customer service and being interested in helping.

shirleym97
11/26/17

I love the quality Costco has, every item I have ever purchased has been excellent quality. I once got an automated call in a recall and they gave my money back on this perishable item.

deborahh111
11/17/17

I am not renewing my membership as they advertised an item and didn't have stock and refused a rain check.

davids881
11/16/17

Falsely advertised a 5 burner BBQ as a 7 burner unit.

Below i a copy of my email to Costco.

Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes etc, all advertise the same model as a 5 burner unit. You falsely promote it as a 7 burner unit.

I had many choices of 5 burner units and all were at a similar price. I chose Costco because yours was supposedly a 7 burner unit, more value for the money. Unfortunately, the reality is that your advertising is false. It was the same 5 burner unit

I have been a Costco member for more years than I can remember. Please do not insult my intelligence with your contrived response suggesting that this is indeed a 7 burner unit. Same model number is advertised by all your major competition as 5 burner.

Just admit your mistake and let's move on.

To summarize, Costco would not admit their mistake and continued with a lame cover up story.

Shameful, unprofessional, and surprisingly beneath them.

I truly expected more from Costco.

marad4
11/13/17

I cancelled an order and I supposed to receive the money back next day, this according one of its CRS. I chatted the next day as I did not receive the money back. I was told the process is slow, it takes 5 business days. How come their system is fast to charge you immediately, and it takes 5 business day to refund your money?

maryannc27
11/13/17

We purchased EasyOn Gutterguard....My husband and I installed on our gutters. It was very easy to install, directions were great! We have a rubber roof so we did have to make a bend like instructed to attach to fascia. It looks great...cant wait to see how they work. Didnt give 5 stars because we need to see how they work first.

yuvalc
11/13/17

Large shops with many items although not many items of same segment. Large packages, good prices.
One should be a member and pay annual fee in order to be able to purchase there. All in all one a month or so, to purchase thing for home (besides food including also cloths, electronic, office items and more and more) is just great

142 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Go to. Costco.com and after you give them your zipcode you will be given locations of warehouses near you with phone numbers. The website will link you to a lot of information about Costco.

By Tracey M.

Sometimes happens that the article is seasonal and doesn't appear again for months. Costco doesn't sell surplus merchandise, everything they sell is first rate. If you have problems with an item call corporate hq. They are extremely happy to help solve problems.

By Brian L.

Get in touch with their corporate office. Google the number. I left measles with a CEO and my problem was personally solved immediately. They are not trying to scam customers, it's their warehouse personnel that sometimes screw up.

By Zeida j.

Questions? Get answers from the Costco staff and other customers.

Costco?