Review of CardPool

San Francisco, CA 94104
support@cardpool.com

lisag222
8/18/17

Takes way too long. No working. No customer service number. Respond to emails in a "few" days. Totally ridiculous.

wc38
8/16/17

Took way too long to confirm my purchase, called me to verify but missed me, terrible wait time to call back, and unilaterally cancelled my order after verification. Hope they get better

davidb747
8/8/17

So I offered a Walmart gift card in the amount of $160.97. They said I could receive $153.09. Ok great start. I gave them my PayPal card # and not my bankcard just to be on the safe side as I had a zero balance in PayPal anyway.
So, I receive an email after 2 days (my card was an egift card and I was expecting an egift card in return within 24 hours as they say they do) saying thank you for you business. Well ok, but I had not received my egift Amazon card voucher. So I'm start thinking, wtf? I go online and I almost always check a company's reputation. OH BOY! I found so many negative, 1 star comments I was taken aback. The only reason I didn't check was because my 17 year old son had told me that it was a good site and to use it. Needless to say, I went back to the CardPool website, was able to cancel the transaction and bought my equipment from WalMart at a little more of a price than if I had got it through Amazon. Luckily, all my money was still on my card and I immediately bought my items. Also, why should they need a credit card at all? All they need to do is check to see if the card you are exchanging has the funds it was said to have. Then, they immediately email me my Amazon card. Voila, done!
There are too many scams and crooks out there these days. I will be checking EVERYTHING as far as business reviews, rating, etc and not fall for an almost outright steal of my egift card. And thank you to all of the other posters here who told their stories and I'm so sorry for some of you who lost out.
ALWAYS, ALWAYS Google the company, people as much as possible to get the real deal. Blessings.

krystaly3
8/5/17

I have tried to use 5 different kiosks in the Houston area. Every one has said that accepted the gift card I had and took me through the whole process only to tell me sorry can't take the card at this time. When you call customer service they have no idea why it's not working and tell you to mail it in, absolutely not doing that after reading the reviews and knowing non of their $#*! works I wouldn't dare risk mailing my money to them!!

josephv31
8/5/17

I was given confirmation through email that my check has been mailed on 7/25 stating that it will take 3-7 business days.. do the math, it's been more than that and yet no check has ever made it to me... I am more displeased with the email responses than anything and their statement of 3-7 business days that they clearly do not honor.. I received an email where I was told it can take up to several months due to the mail carrier which really pissed me off simply because this company already told me 3-7 business days.. I'm a reasonable person, if someone gives me a specific deadline I expect it to be met.. Unfortunately it wasn't but like I said the review can change depending on how they handle me as a customer.. I did what I was suppose to and sold 100+$ worth of giftcards (haven't even looked at the physical cards sense but I do have them secured) on top of providing my card information to my personal account... while this company has not provided me with any of their promised services

jordanj28
8/2/17

Attempted to purchase gift cards for an anniversary dinner twice. The first time, a day after I placed my order, they notify me that their "Risk Assessment Team" decided to cancel my order. I message their support and let them know that I am trying to purchase the gift cards and to let me know what to do to avoid having my order canceled again.

I attempt to purchase the gift cards a second time. I receive the same notice that the order was canceled, and then a day later, support messages me to say that they apologize but can't do anything about it.

I ended up paying full price on the anniversary dinner because I had spent about a week back and forth with them, and it was time to cut my losses. Bad experience, reflects poorly on the company.

roshandrab
7/30/17

Avoid this company at all cost!!! This is a complete scam! I advise everyone to file a complaint with the better business bureau immediately!

jamesd340
7/30/17

I sold an Apple Store card, got an amazon card code emailed to me the next day. I was worried from other reviews that it have been a bad card, but I checked the balance immeadiately and it was valid. They WILL check your CC card balance (known as provisioning) and you should always monitor payments made online or use a masking service like Blur to protect yourself. So far no funny business and I can finally use my money again

amberm107
7/28/17

I keep reading the reviews wondering why people are getting so upset about a site that sells used discounted cards. Yes it's risky thats what we get trying to get a deal. I've bought tons of cards from them yes a few were bad!!! I emailed carpool and was refunded.. Would love to talk to alive person!!!! Cardpool needs to get with the times. I think the Scammers ARE the people selling the cards. I think they keep the card info after the sell it then spend it.It's Risk I take not to pay the full price. I WILL SAY THEY WILL REFUND YOU.

chrisc374
7/23/17

I've purchased one gift card from this company and actually did get the card. The problem is that they put a recurring charge of $46.50 on my credit card without my permission. I've called the company many times to have it removed and always get a recorded message. They have yet to return my phone call. When does buying something online give the seller approval to charge your credit card every month!

THIS IS A HUGE SCAM!!!! AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!

mitcht7
7/20/17

Sold my giftcard on 5/29/17..they said they sent me a check which i didnt receive..send me another one and i still didnt get..what kind of company is this?? All scammers!! Bogus..and they took the money from my gift card..i wanted them to pay me jst a gift card afterall they are selling lots of giftcard..they said they cant do that...helllooo... someday i hope all of u will pay for scamming people..

tavians
7/15/17

I saw everyones reviews on this sight AFTER i sent them a 150$ gift card for babies r us. So I got furious and thought i wouldnt recieve it and stopped looking for it. On the 7TH DAY I GOT A CHECK FROM CARDPOOL. Once again this is not fake or made up because i careless about any of you on here lol but i can send you a picture thru instagram @AtSideshowTrasii of the check. I was shocked i got it

alexanderj23
7/13/17

DONT DO BUSINESS WITH CARDPOOL! I "sold" my $100 REI gift card to cardpool.com for $92 on June 23, 2017, after which they sent me an email saying - "We'd like to inform you that your $100.00 REI card has been emailed to the buyer! Once the buyer verifies they've received the card, we'll be sending the Amazon gift card your way! This can take up to 10-14 days to arrive." After 2 weeks I still had not received my Amazon gift card as compensation for selling my REI gift card so I emailed cardpool support, telling them it had been 2 weeks. 2 days later they responded with the following message - "We'd like to inform you that your $100.00 REI card has been emailed to the buyer! Once the buyer verifies they've received the card, we'll be sending the Amazon gift card your way! This can take up to 10-14 days to arrive." I emailed support again telling them it had already been 2 weeks and their response was exactly the same as the initial email they sent me when I sold my gift card. It has now been 20 days and I have not heard back from cardpool support nor have I received my compensation.

seanw68
7/10/17

PLEASE DONT LISTEN TO THE FAKE REVIEWS. THIS IS ALL FAKE. THEY TAKE EITHER FAKE OR EXPIRED CARDS AND SELL THEM. YOU DONT GET PAYED FOR GIFT CARDS.

jkm2
7/10/17

Who runs a viable business this way? Tried to BUY cards 3 times, yes 3 times and 3 times orders cancelled with no explanation. I have impeccable credit so no issues with payment. Just gave a half-a$$3ed sentence or two saying their "team" can just arbitrarily not accept orders and no one but their "team" can say way - AND THEY AREN'T SAYING!!!! Don't waste your time. Now to report to Better Business Bureau!

claricer2
7/8/17

I recieved my check in the mail within a week. I was scared because after i sent all the information, i decided to look at reviews after and me and my husband were scared to think we got scammed. But to my surprise it actually came in the mail (Thank God). I was pleased with this website, thankful I wasnt the one with the same bad reviews that people experienced with.

adaml89
7/7/17

Sent in my gift cards, got confirmation they were received, never got paid. Company has no phone number and emails are ignored. I had to shut off my debit card so they could't steal anything else from me. Made a complaint to the BBB but I'm sure nothing will come of it. Please stay away!

veryd8
7/4/17

I just received 4 gift cards (significant $$$) via certified mail. I immediately checked the balances and ALL were "inactive or invalid" per the merchant's website. This would have made it IMPOSSIBLE for Cardpool to check the balances on the cards before sending them. Also, how could they have purchased them without the capability to check the balance? That's unconscionable!!! I emailed them, called and left a message and then immediately disputed the transaction with my CC company who reversed the charge (all the above was done within 1 hour of receiving the cards).

I normally would have given Cardpool the opportunity to resolve it and issue a credit but not for the amount of $$ I just paid them and their incredible lack of internal controls as described above.

Cardpool was 1 of the 2 best companies in the discount CC industry but their customer service has significantly deteriorated, inventory of cards is much more limited and I would no long longer do business with them.,,,,not worth the hassle.

micahr9
7/4/17
• Updated review

Listen, let me tell you that NONE of the positive reviews here are real. This site is a complete scam. I have filed a brief with the CA Attorney's General to hopefully get my money back. Be forewarned folks!

“thieves!! please stay away!!!!”
4/5/17
• Previous review

pdated by cardpoolsux, Apr 04, 2017
these guys are total crooks. i am STILL WAITING to be paid for 2 gift cards I've sold to them. Transaction # 19736692, in fact.

Cardpool, you better pay up! Buyers out there...BEWARE!!! Dont sell or buy from these scam artists. I would like a full payment as agreed to asap.

Updated by cardpoolsux, Apr 05, 2017
so now that they have my gift card info, they have sold it or given it to someone else, and now are not going to pay me!!! this is INSANE!!

SEE BELOW. Gift cards have no value now and now they have will not pay me for them? What in the world??

Cardpool Support, Apr 5:

Hi CUSTOMER,

We've recently discovered that both the Best Buy gift card codes that you sold to us lost value. Unfortunately, we're no longer able to accept the gift card codes in your transaction. According to the terms of service published on Cardpool.com, we cannot issue payment for gift cards that have been used or lose value after they have been sold and may cancel outstanding payment for the gift card or charge the credit card that you submitted in order to recover the amount that was paid for the gift card.

We are writing to let you know that we have canceled checks #366191 and #369711 to recover our costs for this transaction. We recommend that you destroy this check when you receive it as it has been voided.

Regards,
Jasmine
Cardpool.com

SOMEONE NEEDS TO STOP THESE CRIMINALS!!!

kated55
6/30/17

HEY YOU FXKING ASSHLLS!!! $#*!ING UPDAYE YOUR FUXKING $#*!, YOU $#*!BAGS!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT YOUR LOCATIONS IS ACCURATE. WHICH I GUESS IS GOOD CAUSE YOURE JUST A $#*!ING STEALNG CREDIT CARD SCAM ANYWAY! $#*!KKIKKKKKK YOUUUUU

cl8643
6/29/17

Cardpool was bought out last year. The formerly stellar customer service is now garbage. The selection of cards available is greatly reduced. The discounts are smaller. And, you can no longer see your Wishlist (now called Favorites) all in one place. You have to go through card by card by card to find out if you've added a card to your Favorites.

Tip for consumers: I used to be a fan. Now I say avoid this site.

thomasb238
6/12/17

Cardpool promises a lot up front, but after you give them your credit card they turn into the DMV.

Before buying an emailed "instant" gift card realize that its not going to be there for up to one business day and that they may ask for additional information while tying up your money with a live charge.

I needed to buy some merchandise from an online retailer that was time sensitive relative to available stock and pricing. Cardpool, again before they take your credit card, promises instant access to your gift card. In fact the gift cards are labeled "instant" on their site.

Unfortunately, instant does not mean the same thing to them as after your transaction goes through you do not get a gift card as promised but rather a page saying it can take up to a full business day and maybe longer for you to get your "immediate" delivery of the gift card.

It is very disappointing that there are still vendors out there using deceptive trade practices and I regret not doing more due diligence before giving them my credit card.

stevend94
5/24/17

This website does not even have a phone number in 2017 but has tens of thousands of dollars worth of gift cards for sale. Enough said. But what there's more, you will never receive your online gift codes upon purchase. Instead you will receive an email saying your identity needs to be confirmed and you have to send emails back and forth because they have no phone number. Use "Raise.com" or ""Cardcash.com" for fast and safe transactions. Run from this website and run fast

patrickn22
5/24/17

Use at your own risk. If you can do a direct exchange for an eGift card, this site is actually very useful, if you try and mail something to them, I have heard some horror stories. Only use this site as a last resort, and if you are OK with receiving an egift card.

johnniom
5/18/17

I sent my $50 gift card to cardpool and requested a check that was supposed to arrive within 3-7 days. After 1 month, I contacted them because I hadn't received it, and they tried to claim that I had already cashed it. DO NOT USE CARDPOOL THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!

Helpful answer

If anyone is in the San Diego area and would like to be featured on a news story regarding this scam company please contact me.

By Leila F. on 1/6/16
Helpful answer

Hi Justin I would not use there service they scammed me out of a 400 Home Depot gift card then the block your account ignore emails and leave you with nothing I hope you look to another service it will save you headaches

By Chris D. on 1/26/16

they'll never send it

By jojo r. on 6/1/16
Helpful answer

I would not purchase from card pool, there are other company that have better customer relatshion and better method to obtain your cards

By theodore w. on 10/20/15
Helpful answer

I have had luck selling on EBAY Also, you can use Raise.com. You actually send the cards to the actual buyer after sold.The company never gets the card

By Dan F. on 5/9/15
Helpful answer

google them they get nothing but terrible reviews. it took them 3 days to get me my code and then it did not work online as it was supposed to. I ended up paying full price for the dishwasher I needed and still no code that worked. I called Lowes and turned out it was good in the store but that is not what cardpool promised nor what they delivered. they refused to give me my money back. I had to make a quick trip to Lowes and spend it, as I was by now very leary of cardpool and at least wanted to get something for my $200. I went and quickly spent the gift code. I would stear clear of them. I have bought gift cards and codes for years and have never had this much trouble with one. BTW they will not answer their phone or emails for days. I went and complained to everyone I could ripoff report bbb ect. I did get my money via merchandise, but I would not have normally traveled to Lowes, but had no choice if I wanted to not be out my money, so I had to drive 20 miles out of my way to be sure I got something for my $200 a trip I would never have made other wise. So they wasted my gas and my time because they did not deliver what was promised. They could care less that it did not work online. BEWARE of this company they do not care anything about their clients .

By JAN M. on 6/25/10
Helpful answer

I just called 415-419-8787 and someone answered the phone but they got mixed up my order with someone else's and he still told me he couldn't do anything. He kept telling me I have to send an email to their support center! This is absurd! They got my order mixed up but they told me the person who bought my gift card cancelled the order and they relisted my gift card. And I waited for days and nothing happened!

By Seunghee L. on 12/15/16
Helpful answer

I always mailed my cards and received checks.It usually took almost 2 weeks for the checks to come.You have to realize you can only submit codes on certain cards, others have to be mailed.There is a limit you will hit where they will insist you change into using their Bulk Seller's program.I am not sure of the dollar limit.I was paid for everything.My issue was I was charged back several months later for cards, and could not even talk to anyone about it.I have stopped doing business with them.It cost me several hundred dollars

By Dan F. on 7/14/15
Helpful answer

DO not do it!! If you do, I would document it and watch your bank account.

By FOUR O. on 1/13/17
Helpful answer

One off their private #'s is 925-226-9988; also 800-240-6188 and 415-419-8787. Did you try emailing them @support@cardpool.com . Did you contact your bank/credit card issuer?

By FOUR O. on 1/9/17
Questions? Get answers from the CardPool staff and other customers.

CardPool?