Review of CardPool

San Francisco, CA 94104
support@cardpool.com

thomasb238
6/12/17

Cardpool promises a lot up front, but after you give them your credit card they turn into the DMV.

Before buying an emailed "instant" gift card realize that its not going to be there for up to one business day and that they may ask for additional information while tying up your money with a live charge.

I needed to buy some merchandise from an online retailer that was time sensitive relative to available stock and pricing. Cardpool, again before they take your credit card, promises instant access to your gift card. In fact the gift cards are labeled "instant" on their site.

Unfortunately, instant does not mean the same thing to them as after your transaction goes through you do not get a gift card as promised but rather a page saying it can take up to a full business day and maybe longer for you to get your "immediate" delivery of the gift card.

It is very disappointing that there are still vendors out there using deceptive trade practices and I regret not doing more due diligence before giving them my credit card.

stevend94
5/24/17

This website does not even have a phone number in 2017 but has tens of thousands of dollars worth of gift cards for sale. Enough said. But what there's more, you will never receive your online gift codes upon purchase. Instead you will receive an email saying your identity needs to be confirmed and you have to send emails back and forth because they have no phone number. Use "Raise.com" or ""Cardcash.com" for fast and safe transactions. Run from this website and run fast

patrickn22
5/24/17

Use at your own risk. If you can do a direct exchange for an eGift card, this site is actually very useful, if you try and mail something to them, I have heard some horror stories. Only use this site as a last resort, and if you are OK with receiving an egift card.

johnniom
5/18/17

I sent my $50 gift card to cardpool and requested a check that was supposed to arrive within 3-7 days. After 1 month, I contacted them because I hadn't received it, and they tried to claim that I had already cashed it. DO NOT USE CARDPOOL THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!

marky28
5/11/17

I had a gift card that was given to me from my company at a Christmas party. The card that I received was no longer in business in my area but was still usable around the country. So I looked up the best place to get cash for my card and "this was it." Offered a check for cash or a card for amazon for a higher profit so I took the amazon gift card. I've been going back week after week to redeem said gift card and it keeps coming up as "Sorry, due to a temporary error, we were unable to sign into your account. Please try again." Either they have stolen my money or they are incompetent. Either way, don't waste your time, go somewhere else.

crystalw53
5/6/17

Terrible customer service! You think you are getting a gift card, you can an electronic code. They tell you that you have to verify your order, then the link doesn't work. Then you get an email telling you that your card has shipped. Then you get an email saying here's your electronic card. This site has no idea what they are doing. They are so messed up. Then customer service doesn't want to fix your problem, they just want to argue with you. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. STAY AWAY!!!!

kevinm264
5/2/17

I was a little hesitant to try Cardpool but have to say that I sold 3 electronic gift cards recently with NO problems. My Amazon cards were in my inbox the next day. Will use in the future.

jarredh8
4/19/17

I had received a bonus from my workplace in the form of points redeemable for items or gift cards. Given I would prefer cash, and the items were vastly overpriced, I planned ahead for picking gift cards to sell for cash. At first on CardPool, they made it seem simple, I only needed to provide minimal information and they "instantly" cash out your gift cards. I then went through the laborious process of entering all the gift card numbers, double checking each one. It got tedious really fast but I prevailed. On the next step, I had to provide additional information, like my shipping address, even though I wasn't receiving anything in the mail. Then, they needed my credit card information for "verification" even though I wasn't buying anything. This was getting out of hand fast. Well, I had already gone through the work so whatever. Entered that information and submitted. A day later I received an e-mail saying one of my gift card numbers were incorrect. I immediately responded with the corrected information and was told I would be receiving an e-mail within one business day with my e-gift card from amazon.

So I waited two days and sent them another e-mail asking what the hold-up was. They then responded saying they tried calling me on my phone (I didn't recall providing my phone) but it was disconnected, and the transaction was canceled. I asked them about them sending an e-mail to which they replied they "sometimes call for verification" (which they never stated anywhere plainly) and that they left a voicemail (I thought it was disconnected). So that transaction was canceled and I had no recourse or correction to this issue.

I decide to start from square one and enter the cards once again, triple checking all the numbers. A day later they claim a "risk assessment team" canceled my card and would not provide details.

All this work for nothing and no explanation, yet they *STILL* have numerous complaints of fraudulent gift cards as clearly seen in reviews. This was a complete waste of time and I'm now holding on to a bunch of gift cards I have no use for.

monalt
4/13/17

I bought two gift cards from Cardpool.com..Received them with $0 balance....Emailed customer service no. of times re: this issue....Never heard from anyone back...Had to open a dispute with the credit card...then only I received my refund...DON'T BUY FROM CARDPOOL

alexb204
4/11/17

I admit it. I was one of those who read all the reviews on here (last night) and thought, 'Oh, that won't happen to me. Their website says they have a 4/5 star rating. I'll be the exception. Well, after I signed up for an account minutes later and bought $100 gc for Dik's Sports I wake up to an email this morning from my bank cancelling my card saying it has been compromised (haven't bought anything else lately) and then to add insult to injury get the often discussed email saying the 'risk assessment team' cancelled my order. THIS. WEBSITE. IS. JUST. A. SCAM. PERIOD!!!!!! STAY SO FAR AWAY YOU CAN'T EVEN POKE IT WITH A STICK. There's too many other sites out there and the nominal (or better) discount is def not worth the risk. Trust me. I found out the hard way even though I thought I was 'the exception.' :-/

micahr9
4/5/17

pdated by cardpoolsux, Apr 04, 2017
these guys are total crooks. i am STILL WAITING to be paid for 2 gift cards I've sold to them. Transaction # 19736692, in fact.

Cardpool, you better pay up! Buyers out there...BEWARE!!! Dont sell or buy from these scam artists. I would like a full payment as agreed to asap.

Updated by cardpoolsux, Apr 05, 2017
so now that they have my gift card info, they have sold it or given it to someone else, and now are not going to pay me!!! this is INSANE!!

SEE BELOW. Gift cards have no value now and now they have will not pay me for them? What in the world??

Cardpool Support, Apr 5:

Hi CUSTOMER,

We've recently discovered that both the Best Buy gift card codes that you sold to us lost value. Unfortunately, we're no longer able to accept the gift card codes in your transaction. According to the terms of service published on Cardpool.com, we cannot issue payment for gift cards that have been used or lose value after they have been sold and may cancel outstanding payment for the gift card or charge the credit card that you submitted in order to recover the amount that was paid for the gift card.

We are writing to let you know that we have canceled checks #366191 and #369711 to recover our costs for this transaction. We recommend that you destroy this check when you receive it as it has been voided.

Regards,
Jasmine
Cardpool.com

SOMEONE NEEDS TO STOP THESE CRIMINALS!!!

garyh169
4/3/17

I have tried two orders with this company, both of which were canceled. When I followed their instructions to seek clarification, they refused to give any information at all. They are apparently just running a scam to collect names, email addresses and credit card information from innocent, unsuspecting members of the public. I fear they will use this information for criminal purposes. DO NOT USE!!!

tranv1
4/2/17

I placed my first and last order here worth of $300 for $270 and they cancelled my order in minutes with no reason given. They got my CC information and cancel my order. Complete scam, please don't use.

rosaa13
3/27/17

i was nervous after reading some of the reviews and yes there is no phone number and it took a while for a response to my email but, i received my check in the mail exactly one week after i sold it to them online

johnt383
3/27/17

My initial purchase through Cardpool was successful, even though it took too long to finally receive my electronic card in my email. The last 2 were cancelled by their "risk management team". No reason was given. This company is a joke. I will use raise or some other company. CardPool is terrible !!!

seanc87
3/26/17

I traded 2 gift cards in March 2017 and the process was very quick and seamless. Cardpool sent Amazon gift cards within 24 hours. Would definitely recommend them!

mh172
3/19/17

As a first time user, I purchased $740.00 worth of electronic REI gift cards for $685.00 (8% discount plus a $5 first time user promo). I wondered if the cards would be legitimate, if they would have their full value, and if they would be accepted at REI.

I purchased the cards at 7:55 PM ET on a Friday (4:55 PM PT).

The site said that, as a new user, I may need to wait one "business" day before my order was processed. It wasn't clear to me if Saturday was considered a business day or not, so on Saturday I sent support an email.

Cardpool support responded within an hour and stated "business hours [are] from 9:00 AM-5:30 PM Monday - Friday PST." They also asked that I "bear in mind that all orders that our processing agents are not able to get to by the end of business hour or submitted after business hours or over the weekend are not process until the next business day."

Surprisingly, a that same Saturday, I received an email with links to my electronic gift cards. The links took an extraordinarily long time to open but each seemed to generate a card number and PIN.

I took the card numbers straight to the REI website and submitted an order. All the cards worked so I am a happy customer.

The only suggestion I would have is that cardpool clarify the turnaround time. In today's world of immediate satisfaction, I would have expected to get the electronic cards quickly. If they cannot do that, then clearer expectations should be set with business hours posted on the website.

Having been through the process once, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

denzelw
3/17/17

it's not immediate, but what do you expect when you're a penny pincher and buying a second hand gift certificate? took 2 days to ship out - then another 2? ...which really isn't so bad at all. 17% discount off my initial purchase and got an additional $5 off for being a new customer. elated! no complaints here.

desireeo3
3/15/17

So they slow with getting egc #s out..it took about 12 hrs for mine to arrive which is acceptable although not prefered this day in age by people who want it NOW! I thank you, CP for saving me money. 12 hrs is nothing esp compared to how much I saved over Raise and Zen.

melw29
3/14/17

They take forever to send the certificate, if ever. They do not have a customer service number...only a voicemail that they don't check. You can email and wait to see if anyone responds. Stay away.

lauries58
3/12/17

There are many gift card companies like raise or gift card zen where electronic gift cards are provided within an hour of purchase. Here I am, 12 hours later, still waiting for an email. Wish I had read the reviews earlier, I may be waiting days for it. I'll call my credit card company after today to initiate a refund since Cardpool has no customer service.

christiand36
3/10/17

They will steal your money. Nothing you can do. They will take it from you. Period.Its scaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy njnkj

christopherg78
3/9/17

I had already confirmed my email address earlier. After I bought the gift card, Cardpool had the nerve to send me another email telling me to verify my identity before it gives me my money, wasting more time. I clicked on the link, put in my correct password, and their stupid website said "invalid capcha". THERE WAS NO CAPCHA!!! I even used a different browser just in case and it still didn't work!! I then reset my password just to log on to my account, hoping to get my gift card info straight from my account. I did log on, my account only shows "purchased"--but still no gift card info!! What is the point of running me in circles and still don't give me the money that I paid for?!!!!!!! SCAMMERS!!!!!

msc9
3/7/17

I gave 1 star Because I couldn't give ZERO. I waited just 36 hours. I say just because so many have waited much much longer. Should have checked the reviews prior to purchasing $80.00 in gift cards. My error . Most sites deliver electronically near instantly.
Don't use cardpool

ianr51
3/4/17

I bought a gift card over a month ago, and I have still not received it. 3 emails to customer support and no response. Stay away

Helpful answer

If anyone is in the San Diego area and would like to be featured on a news story regarding this scam company please contact me.

By Leila F. on 1/6/16
Helpful answer

Hi Justin I would not use there service they scammed me out of a 400 Home Depot gift card then the block your account ignore emails and leave you with nothing I hope you look to another service it will save you headaches

By Chris D. on 1/26/16

they'll never send it

By jojo r. on 6/1/16
Helpful answer

I would not purchase from card pool, there are other company that have better customer relatshion and better method to obtain your cards

By theodore w. on 10/20/15
Helpful answer

I have had luck selling on EBAY Also, you can use Raise.com. You actually send the cards to the actual buyer after sold.The company never gets the card

By Dan F. on 5/9/15
Helpful answer

google them they get nothing but terrible reviews. it took them 3 days to get me my code and then it did not work online as it was supposed to. I ended up paying full price for the dishwasher I needed and still no code that worked. I called Lowes and turned out it was good in the store but that is not what cardpool promised nor what they delivered. they refused to give me my money back. I had to make a quick trip to Lowes and spend it, as I was by now very leary of cardpool and at least wanted to get something for my $200. I went and quickly spent the gift code. I would stear clear of them. I have bought gift cards and codes for years and have never had this much trouble with one. BTW they will not answer their phone or emails for days. I went and complained to everyone I could ripoff report bbb ect. I did get my money via merchandise, but I would not have normally traveled to Lowes, but had no choice if I wanted to not be out my money, so I had to drive 20 miles out of my way to be sure I got something for my $200 a trip I would never have made other wise. So they wasted my gas and my time because they did not deliver what was promised. They could care less that it did not work online. BEWARE of this company they do not care anything about their clients .

By JAN M. on 6/25/10
Helpful answer

I always mailed my cards and received checks.It usually took almost 2 weeks for the checks to come.You have to realize you can only submit codes on certain cards, others have to be mailed.There is a limit you will hit where they will insist you change into using their Bulk Seller's program.I am not sure of the dollar limit.I was paid for everything.My issue was I was charged back several months later for cards, and could not even talk to anyone about it.I have stopped doing business with them.It cost me several hundred dollars

By Dan F. on 7/14/15
Helpful answer

DO not do it!! If you do, I would document it and watch your bank account.

By FOUR O. on 1/13/17

By FOUR O. on 1/9/17
Helpful answer

One off their private #'s is 925-226-9988; also 800-240-6188 and 415-419-8787. Did you try emailing them @support@cardpool.com . Did you contact your bank/credit card issuer? Check your spam folder also.

By FOUR O. on 12/15/16
Questions? Get answers from the CardPool staff and other customers.

CardPool?