Review of CardPool

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

mh172
3/19/17

As a first time user, I purchased $740.00 worth of electronic REI gift cards for $685.00 (8% discount plus a $5 first time user promo). I wondered if the cards would be legitimate, if they would have their full value, and if they would be accepted at REI.

I purchased the cards at 7:55 PM ET on a Friday (4:55 PM PT).

The site said that, as a new user, I may need to wait one "business" day before my order was processed. It wasn't clear to me if Saturday was considered a business day or not, so on Saturday I sent support an email.

Cardpool support responded within an hour and stated "business hours [are] from 9:00 AM-5:30 PM Monday - Friday PST." They also asked that I "bear in mind that all orders that our processing agents are not able to get to by the end of business hour or submitted after business hours or over the weekend are not process until the next business day."

Surprisingly, a that same Saturday, I received an email with links to my electronic gift cards. The links took an extraordinarily long time to open but each seemed to generate a card number and PIN.

I took the card numbers straight to the REI website and submitted an order. All the cards worked so I am a happy customer.

The only suggestion I would have is that cardpool clarify the turnaround time. In today's world of immediate satisfaction, I would have expected to get the electronic cards quickly. If they cannot do that, then clearer expectations should be set with business hours posted on the website.

Having been through the process once, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

denzelw
3/17/17

it's not immediate, but what do you expect when you're a penny pincher and buying a second hand gift certificate? took 2 days to ship out - then another 2? ...which really isn't so bad at all. 17% discount off my initial purchase and got an additional $5 off for being a new customer. elated! no complaints here.

desireeo3
3/15/17

So they slow with getting egc #s out..it took about 12 hrs for mine to arrive which is acceptable although not prefered this day in age by people who want it NOW! I thank you, CP for saving me money. 12 hrs is nothing esp compared to how much I saved over Raise and Zen.

melw29
3/14/17

They take forever to send the certificate, if ever. They do not have a customer service number...only a voicemail that they don't check. You can email and wait to see if anyone responds. Stay away.

lauries58
3/12/17

There are many gift card companies like raise or gift card zen where electronic gift cards are provided within an hour of purchase. Here I am, 12 hours later, still waiting for an email. Wish I had read the reviews earlier, I may be waiting days for it. I'll call my credit card company after today to initiate a refund since Cardpool has no customer service.

christiand36
3/10/17

They will steal your money. Nothing you can do. They will take it from you. Period.Its scaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy njnkj

christopherg78
3/9/17

I had already confirmed my email address earlier. After I bought the gift card, Cardpool had the nerve to send me another email telling me to verify my identity before it gives me my money, wasting more time. I clicked on the link, put in my correct password, and their stupid website said "invalid capcha". THERE WAS NO CAPCHA!!! I even used a different browser just in case and it still didn't work!! I then reset my password just to log on to my account, hoping to get my gift card info straight from my account. I did log on, my account only shows "purchased"--but still no gift card info!! What is the point of running me in circles and still don't give me the money that I paid for?!!!!!!! SCAMMERS!!!!!

msc9
3/7/17

I gave 1 star Because I couldn't give ZERO. I waited just 36 hours. I say just because so many have waited much much longer. Should have checked the reviews prior to purchasing $80.00 in gift cards. My error . Most sites deliver electronically near instantly.
Don't use cardpool

ianr51
3/4/17

I bought a gift card over a month ago, and I have still not received it. 3 emails to customer support and no response. Stay away

chia-yuc
2/27/17

no response...very very slow process...... CardPool is cheating people.
I bought the gift card online. You need to wait for very long time....and no response.
I decided to decline the transcation....don't buy anything from them.

tp45
2/26/17

Terrible!
Just want to share my experience so others don't expect much from this site.
I buy gift cards for upcoming purchases from several sites that are usually great!
I buy a small one for about $10 or $20 first just to try them out, and, after 5 days, I still have not received my VIRTUAL E-CARD from this site that they claim is typically delivered within 24 hours. I even emailed them several days later, and got a reply that said my "order has been put on verification call and we shall have one of our verification specialist to call you shortly." That was 3 days ago. Still nothing.
Will never buy from them again.
Every other place has been GREAT! My favorite is raise, also just tried cookie and cash. Both sent my gift cards immediately.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from them.

billc150
2/23/17

Thieves! Provided a brand new card I received as a gift and never use. They said the balance was $0. I sent emails and they never responded. Do not do business with these people.

debbieh98
2/23/17

Ordered an e-card seven days ago. Still "pending" review. Trying to cancel but no response to an email I sent six days ago so wondering what will happen. STAY AWAY.

anthonyj67
2/22/17

I purchase a $30 gift card (printable) for TGIF and when I went to use it I was informed it had a zero balance. I contacted cardpool support via email (the only way to get to them) with the story, order number and I even have the restaurant printed slip indicating a zero balance. It occurred inside the 180 warranty period; but, I have had no response other than the auto reply we will contact you in the next few days. I have sent 3 emails to address this issue and no support responses other than the auto reply's.
Update, I finally did get a response and my purchasing card was credited. It took weeks for the response (TIP: make sure you put your order number from the purchase in the email).

jeffreyd42
2/21/17

Try another site. I sent in a Card that was received Dec and have yet to get my check. Out of the 7 times I have contacted them on this issue, I have only received 1 email that was not computer generated asking me to confirm the address I already gave them. They use this tactic to stall and pretend they already tried to send you the check to buy them more time. Their slow nature is a tactic to get you to opt for the Amazon credit next time you trade/sell.

barryl42
2/17/17

Purchased a giftcard on tuesday that was supposed to be delivered by email. Was suppose to arrive in 1 business day according to website. It's now been 3 business days since purchasing and am having a hell of a time contacting customer service. There's no phone number listed on their website so I emailed customer service and can't get a response. Finally received a phone call from them, but got hung up on after they confirmed my credit card details. Still don't know if I've been scammed, or what the hell is going on.

tldr; Run away from this website

kellyl108
2/15/17

I sent a $25 gift card for Toys R Us back in January. Since then I have not received any money back and have sent them 3 emails. None of my emails have been responded to and they have no contact number. DO NOT sell your gift cards to this company.

karena115
2/14/17

Sold cardpool a $50 Regal Cinema Gift Card on January 18 and have still not received any payment from them! I have emailed them 3 times have have gotten 3 stock answers from them that they will contact later. They have yet to contact me. This is a ripoff! Do not buy or sell your cards through them!

karlg22
2/14/17

Appears to be a scam. Three times I tried to buy a Walmart gift card and they did not follow through. They said there was a security risk.

arleishaj
2/9/17

I started this process on the 21st of Jan. they kept in contact via email of the status but they give you the impression of a much smoother process. I get a call from weird number but I didn't answer . a few minutes later I get an email saying they tried to contact me to verify some information. when I called the number they asked me questions like I was under interrogation or something like what the heck for a 77 dollar check???? I could have sold my gift card locally without the hassle and a little less percentage. this is the ultimate head ache. so I'm waiting on a check from Pleasanton which I live in California it says 3-7 business days. um... really and I'm in California as well. that's snail mail for sure. I asked the rep over the phone is this the process if I chose to sell gift cards regualarly? and she replied probably so. but the part that really frustrated me is she couldn't give me the information moving forward . she said I would get an email. and so the next day I got an email saying a check was mailed. once again that was on the 2nd of feb. 2017 so 3 weeks for a 77.25 checks is ridiculous. not to mention ive entered other cards on the site to see pay amounts and they ask for pin all to tell me they cant process certain cards . well ive already ruined it by stratching off the back because I cant sell it locally with the been not being covered. I'm so happy I didn't send all my giftcards at once . No where along the simply process they tell you that your going to have to talk to someone and wait and wait and wait well whats the purpose of tying your bank account to the site if you lstill have to go thru hell and hot water to get what your asking for?

faw46
2/7/17

Bought a Macy's card, and was not able to use in Macys store. Called Macys, and learned it was a stolen card. Contacted CardPool via email, but never got response. The email is the only way to contact them. The 180 days guarantee is a fake statement. Don't buy cards from there!!!

danc124
2/7/17

Recently placed my first order with them and after 3 days of getting nothing, I emailed them about it. The response was that the order basically couldn't go through and a refund had been issued. So being my first order placed with them not being fulfilled, I will say that It is also my last order with them.

ashleyn49
2/7/17

It's been MONTHS since I sent out my cards. $223 worth. Tried to contact this "company" and no response. They don't respond to emails. There is no contact number, they won't let me write a review on Facebook or respond through FB. DO NOT USE CARPOOL UNLESS YOU WANT TO THROW AWAY $. Might have to get a lawyer involved in this one. THIS ISN'T RIGHT, SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS.

martham86
2/6/17

Lousy so far. I needed a couple cards quickly and didn't get them. I think I'll cancel the purchase, as they won't respond. Customer service is lousy, and there are no phone numbers to call. It's ahastle

vincei2
2/1/17

I've read some pretty dismal reviews on Cardpool's service (and good ones as well), but I decided to give them a shot. I exchanged 3 gift cards for a total of 75 bucks. I was offered $58.44 on an Amazon e-gift card. Unlike some reviews, I was not required to actually mail in the 3 cards; I submitted the card numbers and PINs on the web site and received a confirmation email stating my Amazon card would be emailed within one day. This was on 1/3. Long story short, (and not ALL Cardpool's fault) I finally got my Amazon e-gift card on 1/26. I redeemed it almost immediately without problems. Bottom line, Cardpool does provide the service they advertise, just don't expect your transaction to happen overnight. Be patient, allow a couple of weeks. Other than the wait, I was pleased with how effortless it was to exchange my unused gift cards for a card I would actually use.

37 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CardPool staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question