Review of CardPool

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jarredh8
4/19/17

I had received a bonus from my workplace in the form of points redeemable for items or gift cards. Given I would prefer cash, and the items were vastly overpriced, I planned ahead for picking gift cards to sell for cash. At first on CardPool, they made it seem simple, I only needed to provide minimal information and they "instantly" cash out your gift cards. I then went through the laborious process of entering all the gift card numbers, double checking each one. It got tedious really fast but I prevailed. On the next step, I had to provide additional information, like my shipping address, even though I wasn't receiving anything in the mail. Then, they needed my credit card information for "verification" even though I wasn't buying anything. This was getting out of hand fast. Well, I had already gone through the work so whatever. Entered that information and submitted. A day later I received an e-mail saying one of my gift card numbers were incorrect. I immediately responded with the corrected information and was told I would be receiving an e-mail within one business day with my e-gift card from amazon.

So I waited two days and sent them another e-mail asking what the hold-up was. They then responded saying they tried calling me on my phone (I didn't recall providing my phone) but it was disconnected, and the transaction was canceled. I asked them about them sending an e-mail to which they replied they "sometimes call for verification" (which they never stated anywhere plainly) and that they left a voicemail (I thought it was disconnected). So that transaction was canceled and I had no recourse or correction to this issue.

I decide to start from square one and enter the cards once again, triple checking all the numbers. A day later they claim a "risk assessment team" canceled my card and would not provide details.

All this work for nothing and no explanation, yet they *STILL* have numerous complaints of fraudulent gift cards as clearly seen in reviews. This was a complete waste of time and I'm now holding on to a bunch of gift cards I have no use for.

monalt
4/13/17

I bought two gift cards from Cardpool.com..Received them with $0 balance....Emailed customer service no. of times re: this issue....Never heard from anyone back...Had to open a dispute with the credit card...then only I received my refund...DON'T BUY FROM CARDPOOL

alexb204
4/11/17

I admit it. I was one of those who read all the reviews on here (last night) and thought, 'Oh, that won't happen to me. Their website says they have a 4/5 star rating. I'll be the exception. Well, after I signed up for an account minutes later and bought $100 gc for Dik's Sports I wake up to an email this morning from my bank cancelling my card saying it has been compromised (haven't bought anything else lately) and then to add insult to injury get the often discussed email saying the 'risk assessment team' cancelled my order. THIS. WEBSITE. IS. JUST. A. SCAM. PERIOD!!!!!! STAY SO FAR AWAY YOU CAN'T EVEN POKE IT WITH A STICK. There's too many other sites out there and the nominal (or better) discount is def not worth the risk. Trust me. I found out the hard way even though I thought I was 'the exception.' :-/

micahr9
4/5/17

pdated by cardpoolsux, Apr 04, 2017
these guys are total crooks. i am STILL WAITING to be paid for 2 gift cards I've sold to them. Transaction # 19736692, in fact.

Cardpool, you better pay up! Buyers out there...BEWARE!!! Dont sell or buy from these scam artists. I would like a full payment as agreed to asap.

Updated by cardpoolsux, Apr 05, 2017
so now that they have my gift card info, they have sold it or given it to someone else, and now are not going to pay me!!! this is INSANE!!

SEE BELOW. Gift cards have no value now and now they have will not pay me for them? What in the world??

Cardpool Support, Apr 5:

Hi CUSTOMER,

We've recently discovered that both the Best Buy gift card codes that you sold to us lost value. Unfortunately, we're no longer able to accept the gift card codes in your transaction. According to the terms of service published on Cardpool.com, we cannot issue payment for gift cards that have been used or lose value after they have been sold and may cancel outstanding payment for the gift card or charge the credit card that you submitted in order to recover the amount that was paid for the gift card.

We are writing to let you know that we have canceled checks #366191 and #369711 to recover our costs for this transaction. We recommend that you destroy this check when you receive it as it has been voided.

Regards,
Jasmine
Cardpool.com

SOMEONE NEEDS TO STOP THESE CRIMINALS!!!

garyh169
4/3/17

I have tried two orders with this company, both of which were canceled. When I followed their instructions to seek clarification, they refused to give any information at all. They are apparently just running a scam to collect names, email addresses and credit card information from innocent, unsuspecting members of the public. I fear they will use this information for criminal purposes. DO NOT USE!!!

tranv1
4/2/17

I placed my first and last order here worth of $300 for $270 and they cancelled my order in minutes with no reason given. They got my CC information and cancel my order. Complete scam, please don't use.

rosaa13
3/27/17

i was nervous after reading some of the reviews and yes there is no phone number and it took a while for a response to my email but, i received my check in the mail exactly one week after i sold it to them online

johnt383
3/27/17

My initial purchase through Cardpool was successful, even though it took too long to finally receive my electronic card in my email. The last 2 were cancelled by their "risk management team". No reason was given. This company is a joke. I will use raise or some other company. CardPool is terrible !!!

seanc87
3/26/17

I traded 2 gift cards in March 2017 and the process was very quick and seamless. Cardpool sent Amazon gift cards within 24 hours. Would definitely recommend them!

mh172
3/19/17

As a first time user, I purchased $740.00 worth of electronic REI gift cards for $685.00 (8% discount plus a $5 first time user promo). I wondered if the cards would be legitimate, if they would have their full value, and if they would be accepted at REI.

I purchased the cards at 7:55 PM ET on a Friday (4:55 PM PT).

The site said that, as a new user, I may need to wait one "business" day before my order was processed. It wasn't clear to me if Saturday was considered a business day or not, so on Saturday I sent support an email.

Cardpool support responded within an hour and stated "business hours [are] from 9:00 AM-5:30 PM Monday - Friday PST." They also asked that I "bear in mind that all orders that our processing agents are not able to get to by the end of business hour or submitted after business hours or over the weekend are not process until the next business day."

Surprisingly, a that same Saturday, I received an email with links to my electronic gift cards. The links took an extraordinarily long time to open but each seemed to generate a card number and PIN.

I took the card numbers straight to the REI website and submitted an order. All the cards worked so I am a happy customer.

The only suggestion I would have is that cardpool clarify the turnaround time. In today's world of immediate satisfaction, I would have expected to get the electronic cards quickly. If they cannot do that, then clearer expectations should be set with business hours posted on the website.

Having been through the process once, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

denzelw
3/17/17

it's not immediate, but what do you expect when you're a penny pincher and buying a second hand gift certificate? took 2 days to ship out - then another 2? ...which really isn't so bad at all. 17% discount off my initial purchase and got an additional $5 off for being a new customer. elated! no complaints here.

desireeo3
3/15/17

So they slow with getting egc #s out..it took about 12 hrs for mine to arrive which is acceptable although not prefered this day in age by people who want it NOW! I thank you, CP for saving me money. 12 hrs is nothing esp compared to how much I saved over Raise and Zen.

melw29
3/14/17

They take forever to send the certificate, if ever. They do not have a customer service number...only a voicemail that they don't check. You can email and wait to see if anyone responds. Stay away.

lauries58
3/12/17

There are many gift card companies like raise or gift card zen where electronic gift cards are provided within an hour of purchase. Here I am, 12 hours later, still waiting for an email. Wish I had read the reviews earlier, I may be waiting days for it. I'll call my credit card company after today to initiate a refund since Cardpool has no customer service.

christiand36
3/10/17

They will steal your money. Nothing you can do. They will take it from you. Period.Its scaryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy njnkj

christopherg78
3/9/17

I had already confirmed my email address earlier. After I bought the gift card, Cardpool had the nerve to send me another email telling me to verify my identity before it gives me my money, wasting more time. I clicked on the link, put in my correct password, and their stupid website said "invalid capcha". THERE WAS NO CAPCHA!!! I even used a different browser just in case and it still didn't work!! I then reset my password just to log on to my account, hoping to get my gift card info straight from my account. I did log on, my account only shows "purchased"--but still no gift card info!! What is the point of running me in circles and still don't give me the money that I paid for?!!!!!!! SCAMMERS!!!!!

msc9
3/7/17

I gave 1 star Because I couldn't give ZERO. I waited just 36 hours. I say just because so many have waited much much longer. Should have checked the reviews prior to purchasing $80.00 in gift cards. My error . Most sites deliver electronically near instantly.
Don't use cardpool

ianr51
3/4/17

I bought a gift card over a month ago, and I have still not received it. 3 emails to customer support and no response. Stay away

chia-yuc
2/27/17

no response...very very slow process...... CardPool is cheating people.
I bought the gift card online. You need to wait for very long time....and no response.
I decided to decline the transcation....don't buy anything from them.

tp45
2/26/17

Terrible!
Just want to share my experience so others don't expect much from this site.
I buy gift cards for upcoming purchases from several sites that are usually great!
I buy a small one for about $10 or $20 first just to try them out, and, after 5 days, I still have not received my VIRTUAL E-CARD from this site that they claim is typically delivered within 24 hours. I even emailed them several days later, and got a reply that said my "order has been put on verification call and we shall have one of our verification specialist to call you shortly." That was 3 days ago. Still nothing.
Will never buy from them again.
Every other place has been GREAT! My favorite is raise, also just tried cookie and cash. Both sent my gift cards immediately.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from them.

billc150
2/23/17

Thieves! Provided a brand new card I received as a gift and never use. They said the balance was $0. I sent emails and they never responded. Do not do business with these people.

debbieh98
2/23/17

Ordered an e-card seven days ago. Still "pending" review. Trying to cancel but no response to an email I sent six days ago so wondering what will happen. STAY AWAY.

anthonyj67
2/22/17

I purchase a $30 gift card (printable) for TGIF and when I went to use it I was informed it had a zero balance. I contacted cardpool support via email (the only way to get to them) with the story, order number and I even have the restaurant printed slip indicating a zero balance. It occurred inside the 180 warranty period; but, I have had no response other than the auto reply we will contact you in the next few days. I have sent 3 emails to address this issue and no support responses other than the auto reply's.
Update, I finally did get a response and my purchasing card was credited. It took weeks for the response (TIP: make sure you put your order number from the purchase in the email).

jeffreyd42
2/21/17

Try another site. I sent in a Card that was received Dec and have yet to get my check. Out of the 7 times I have contacted them on this issue, I have only received 1 email that was not computer generated asking me to confirm the address I already gave them. They use this tactic to stall and pretend they already tried to send you the check to buy them more time. Their slow nature is a tactic to get you to opt for the Amazon credit next time you trade/sell.

barryl42
2/17/17

Purchased a giftcard on tuesday that was supposed to be delivered by email. Was suppose to arrive in 1 business day according to website. It's now been 3 business days since purchasing and am having a hell of a time contacting customer service. There's no phone number listed on their website so I emailed customer service and can't get a response. Finally received a phone call from them, but got hung up on after they confirmed my credit card details. Still don't know if I've been scammed, or what the hell is going on.

tldr; Run away from this website

39 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CardPool staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question