Review of CardPool

San Francisco, CA 94104
support@cardpool.com

amyt83
10/16/17

I had a hard time getting set up with them the first time I bought. Their security measures were over the top so I had to talk to someone on the phone for my order to go through. But since then I have bought LOTS of gift cards and saved a lot of money. The only ones I have had trouble with were Chick fil A cards, because they would flag the card after I used it once, but cardpool refunded what I lost quickly so I had a good customer service experience. If you order a physical card, it will take a week or two to receive. If you order an electronic gift card it takes up to 24 hours but is usually a little quicker than that.

rahhieme
10/16/17

WARNING do not sell gift cards on this site!! They lie and tell everyone the process takes1-3 business days but actually it takes much longer. I received an email after waiting 3 days for a response, saying that the process takes 2-3 weeks to receive the check! I asked for a refund for the gift card and was told they sold it already . I sold them my gift card on October 3rd and have still not yet received my check!!! If you are looking for a quick buck selling your gift cards I suggest going to a gift card kiosk near you.

yogik2
10/13/17

I bought $200 worth electronic american Airlines GC , it has been more than 1 day and my order is not delivered yet. I wonder what makes them take days to deliver electronic giftcard. I used other services like raise and cardkangaroo before they are extremely fast and reliable. This is by far the worst service I have ever seen. If you want to save time and money stay away from this.

joannee15
10/12/17

I have a bunch of gift cards to sell and "listed" them on carpool.com. For a start they took over 2 weeks to appear in search results. I had to email "support" numerous times until the cards actually showed up in the search. Yesterday I received an email stating that my one of gift cards had been sold and then today it appears that the sale "did not go through" and my card has been re-listed. WTF? Also carpool.com add 10% onto the sale price that you would like to receive. It turns out that the final sale price of each card is discounted 6.4% rather than the 15% discount that I wanted to list it for (to entice a quick sale). There is no where on the website (from what I can find) that states that they add 10% onto your wanted price. I emailed "support" to query the % cut that they take from the final sale price and "Alexi" did not answer my question. If I had a dollar for every time I had email "support" I would already have acquired the amount of money that I am listing my card for ($85). I know that they have to make money on each transaction but they are not transparent about the fact that they add on 10% to your list price. Anyway, I am removing my cards for sale from awful awful this site. Awful customer service. Avoid at all costs!

brandis35
10/8/17

I tried selling a $25 gift card to Cardpool for a $20.01 Amazon credit. In the end I did get my Amazon credit so I didn't get ripped off or anything however my over all experience was terrible.

I had technical issues entering the gift card I was trying to sell so I tried contacting them. I had technical issues contacting them VIA their website so I tried contacting them on Facebook. I got an automated message back on Facebook saying to emailed them. So I emailed them but it took a few days to get a reply and the "help" I received wasn't at all helpful. I ended up having to email them back and forth approximately 5 times. Each reply came from a different person. In the end I ended up figuring out the problem on my own no thanks to them. So in my final email to them I once again explained the trouble I had and how I resolved it on my own. I suggested in the future they either redesign their website (and suggested how best to redesign their website) or tell people right off the bat how to fix the issue I had (which ended up being an easy fix). However in the final reply email they sent me they were very snarky and blamed me for all the trouble they had "helping" me. Even if it was my fault it's poor customer service to blame me.

Poor customer service! I won't be using them again nor will I recommend them to anyone!

vivg2
10/6/17

I have tried to submit an order for a Cardpool giftcard since January and the representative either is ignorant about the website, or CARDPOOL does not intend to send my giftcards. I received a $150.00 gift coupon, and the order was comeyed for the total of $147.00, however, I still have not received any giftcards. The message I received was to try to place the order again, but the website will not permit the request as it says "GIFT CARD CODE ALREADY IN USE". The representative company havefor the been notified of this through phone calls, messages and letters...still no cards. Beware!!

mihirp1
10/5/17

This is a purely scam website! I order electronic voucher gift card and never recieve one. Just got scam of $100.

Will suggest use raise ! They are authentic sellers!

mattc112
10/5/17

Sold 2 out of 3 gifts cards: 1x Shell gift card and 2x AMC Theater cards. They needed the Shell gift card to be sent in. I sent it Monday (10/2/17) and got a response by Thursday (10/5/17) that they were unable to check the balance of the Shell card and would be sending it back. However, the 2x AMC Theater cards went through without a problem and I received an email with an Amazon gift card code shortly after the first email (also claimed without a problem).
For reference, I only live 25 miles from their mailing address, so I expected a bit of a quicker response, but either way, I was at least able to sell 2/3 cards. My only gripe is that they didn't explain why they had a hard time checking the balance of the Shell card. I had no problem checking it via buyshellgiftcards.com. Oh well.

garrettf10
9/22/17

~Summary~
Considering some of the terrible reviews for Cardpool.com that I've read, I'd say my first dealings with them went comparatively well. Certain aspects of the process were a little annoying, but overall I was satisfied with the experience. (For the record, I am real customer. I know some of you reading these reviews are worried about fake ones.)

~Pros~
* I received 94.9% of the value of my $172.35 Best Buy gift card, which is the best return I've seen from any gift card exchange service.
* I was not asked any questions nor was I "interviewed" by Cardpool as a first time seller as other reviews might suggest.
* They accepted my physical gift card as an e-gift card, thus saving me the trouble of having to mail it to them.
* Customer service responded to my email within one business day.
* Either a debit or credit card will work when selling to them, unlike Raise which requires a credit card.

~Cons~
* I received my payment six business days later than promised, and it likely would have taken longer had I not sent them an email.
* They support neither direct bank deposit nor Paypal when selling to them, only mailed checks and Amazon gift cards.

Tip for consumers: If you sold a gift card to them and opted for the Amazon gift card as payment, don't be afraid to send them an email if your payment doesn't arrive when expected. When I asked them why my payment was taking so long, they mentioned an error their Amazon payment system was experiencing and apologized for it. I received my payment shortly after that reply.

garym177
9/19/17

I sold 7 egift cards to Cardpool(over a period of 4-5 days) and chose to get paid by check. First thing I received was an email confirmation then a day later a phone call which was to verify my info for fraud issues. A couple days later I got an email saying that they mailed me a check and it should arrive within 3-7 business days. That was my first time using them and was for 2 of my cards. A couple days later I sold them a few more egift cards and within 24 hours i received an email saying they sent a check. A few days later I received 3 checks in the mail and deposited them with no issues. According to USPS Informed Delivery I have another check coming today. So far the process was easy, professional and nerve racking (only because I started reading crazy amounts of terrible reviews after I submitted the cards and because an anxious mess. I'm not sure why I've had such a smooth experience with Cardpool so far and an unbelievable amount of people have had the opposite. If anything changes I will be back to edit this review. I don't know if it's possible on sitejabber but if u have questions comment or send message.

wendye29
9/12/17

Buyer beware. Purchased a $150 gift card for $120 went to use the gift card and it had a $31 balance. When you call card pool you never get a human you have to leave a message and wait hours for them to return your call if they ever do. I received an email insinuating that possibly I or somebody in my household may have use the card essentially accusing me of trying to scam them when in fact they are scamming me.

lauraw151
8/26/17

Sold them a best buy gift card $119.00, got $107.00 check in the mailbox for it. Easy, and I really loved getting a good price for it.
I'd do it again in a heart beat.

rics6
8/25/17

I came here to see which gift-card exchange program was legit. After reading a few reviews (which were admittedly mixed) I, somewhat reluctantly went with it to exchange a gift card I'd gotten for my birthday (on something I'd never use) for a different gift card I'd actually be likely to use. I was gratified that I got the credit the day after I submitted my gift card. (It was an e-gift card, and I exchanged it for another e-gift card... so all I had to do once I got their email was use the claim code to apply to the target merchant. I vowed to myself that I'd come back and post something here for others to read. The original $100 gift card resulted in $75 at the merchant I wanted, which, while on the one hand takes away 25% of its value, on the other hand gives me value where I might actually use it. I do recommend cardpool.

lisag222
8/18/17

Takes way too long. No working. No customer service number. Respond to emails in a "few" days. Totally ridiculous.

wc38
8/16/17

Took way too long to confirm my purchase, called me to verify but missed me, terrible wait time to call back, and unilaterally cancelled my order after verification. Hope they get better

davidb747
8/8/17

So I offered a Walmart gift card in the amount of $160.97. They said I could receive $153.09. Ok great start. I gave them my PayPal card # and not my bankcard just to be on the safe side as I had a zero balance in PayPal anyway.
So, I receive an email after 2 days (my card was an egift card and I was expecting an egift card in return within 24 hours as they say they do) saying thank you for you business. Well ok, but I had not received my egift Amazon card voucher. So I'm start thinking, wtf? I go online and I almost always check a company's reputation. OH BOY! I found so many negative, 1 star comments I was taken aback. The only reason I didn't check was because my 17 year old son had told me that it was a good site and to use it. Needless to say, I went back to the CardPool website, was able to cancel the transaction and bought my equipment from WalMart at a little more of a price than if I had got it through Amazon. Luckily, all my money was still on my card and I immediately bought my items. Also, why should they need a credit card at all? All they need to do is check to see if the card you are exchanging has the funds it was said to have. Then, they immediately email me my Amazon card. Voila, done!
There are too many scams and crooks out there these days. I will be checking EVERYTHING as far as business reviews, rating, etc and not fall for an almost outright steal of my egift card. And thank you to all of the other posters here who told their stories and I'm so sorry for some of you who lost out.
ALWAYS, ALWAYS Google the company, people as much as possible to get the real deal. Blessings.

krystaly3
8/5/17

I have tried to use 5 different kiosks in the Houston area. Every one has said that accepted the gift card I had and took me through the whole process only to tell me sorry can't take the card at this time. When you call customer service they have no idea why it's not working and tell you to mail it in, absolutely not doing that after reading the reviews and knowing non of their $#*! works I wouldn't dare risk mailing my money to them!!

josephv31
8/5/17

I was given confirmation through email that my check has been mailed on 7/25 stating that it will take 3-7 business days.. do the math, it's been more than that and yet no check has ever made it to me... I am more displeased with the email responses than anything and their statement of 3-7 business days that they clearly do not honor.. I received an email where I was told it can take up to several months due to the mail carrier which really pissed me off simply because this company already told me 3-7 business days.. I'm a reasonable person, if someone gives me a specific deadline I expect it to be met.. Unfortunately it wasn't but like I said the review can change depending on how they handle me as a customer.. I did what I was suppose to and sold 100+$ worth of giftcards (haven't even looked at the physical cards sense but I do have them secured) on top of providing my card information to my personal account... while this company has not provided me with any of their promised services

jordanj28
8/2/17

Attempted to purchase gift cards for an anniversary dinner twice. The first time, a day after I placed my order, they notify me that their "Risk Assessment Team" decided to cancel my order. I message their support and let them know that I am trying to purchase the gift cards and to let me know what to do to avoid having my order canceled again.

I attempt to purchase the gift cards a second time. I receive the same notice that the order was canceled, and then a day later, support messages me to say that they apologize but can't do anything about it.

I ended up paying full price on the anniversary dinner because I had spent about a week back and forth with them, and it was time to cut my losses. Bad experience, reflects poorly on the company.

roshandrab
7/30/17

Avoid this company at all cost!!! This is a complete scam! I advise everyone to file a complaint with the better business bureau immediately!

jamesd340
7/30/17

I sold an Apple Store card, got an amazon card code emailed to me the next day. I was worried from other reviews that it have been a bad card, but I checked the balance immeadiately and it was valid. They WILL check your CC card balance (known as provisioning) and you should always monitor payments made online or use a masking service like Blur to protect yourself. So far no funny business and I can finally use my money again

amberm107
7/28/17

I keep reading the reviews wondering why people are getting so upset about a site that sells used discounted cards. Yes it's risky thats what we get trying to get a deal. I've bought tons of cards from them yes a few were bad!!! I emailed carpool and was refunded.. Would love to talk to alive person!!!! Cardpool needs to get with the times. I think the Scammers ARE the people selling the cards. I think they keep the card info after the sell it then spend it.It's Risk I take not to pay the full price. I WILL SAY THEY WILL REFUND YOU.

chrisc374
7/23/17

I've purchased one gift card from this company and actually did get the card. The problem is that they put a recurring charge of $46.50 on my credit card without my permission. I've called the company many times to have it removed and always get a recorded message. They have yet to return my phone call. When does buying something online give the seller approval to charge your credit card every month!

THIS IS A HUGE SCAM!!!! AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!

mitcht7
7/20/17

Sold my giftcard on 5/29/17..they said they sent me a check which i didnt receive..send me another one and i still didnt get..what kind of company is this?? All scammers!! Bogus..and they took the money from my gift card..i wanted them to pay me jst a gift card afterall they are selling lots of giftcard..they said they cant do that...helllooo... someday i hope all of u will pay for scamming people..

tavians
7/15/17

I saw everyones reviews on this sight AFTER i sent them a 150$ gift card for babies r us. So I got furious and thought i wouldnt recieve it and stopped looking for it. On the 7TH DAY I GOT A CHECK FROM CARDPOOL. Once again this is not fake or made up because i careless about any of you on here lol but i can send you a picture thru instagram @AtSideshowTrasii of the check. I was shocked i got it

Helpful answer

If anyone is in the San Diego area and would like to be featured on a news story regarding this scam company please contact me.

By Leila F. on 1/6/16
Helpful answer

Hi Justin I would not use there service they scammed me out of a 400 Home Depot gift card then the block your account ignore emails and leave you with nothing I hope you look to another service it will save you headaches

By Chris D. on 1/26/16

they'll never send it

By jojo r. on 6/1/16
Helpful answer

I would not purchase from card pool, there are other company that have better customer relatshion and better method to obtain your cards

By theodore w. on 10/20/15
Helpful answer

I have had luck selling on EBAY Also, you can use Raise.com. You actually send the cards to the actual buyer after sold.The company never gets the card

By Dan F. on 5/9/15
Helpful answer

google them they get nothing but terrible reviews. it took them 3 days to get me my code and then it did not work online as it was supposed to. I ended up paying full price for the dishwasher I needed and still no code that worked. I called Lowes and turned out it was good in the store but that is not what cardpool promised nor what they delivered. they refused to give me my money back. I had to make a quick trip to Lowes and spend it, as I was by now very leary of cardpool and at least wanted to get something for my $200. I went and quickly spent the gift code. I would stear clear of them. I have bought gift cards and codes for years and have never had this much trouble with one. BTW they will not answer their phone or emails for days. I went and complained to everyone I could ripoff report bbb ect. I did get my money via merchandise, but I would not have normally traveled to Lowes, but had no choice if I wanted to not be out my money, so I had to drive 20 miles out of my way to be sure I got something for my $200 a trip I would never have made other wise. So they wasted my gas and my time because they did not deliver what was promised. They could care less that it did not work online. BEWARE of this company they do not care anything about their clients .

By JAN M. on 6/25/10
Helpful answer

I just called 415-419-8787 and someone answered the phone but they got mixed up my order with someone else's and he still told me he couldn't do anything. He kept telling me I have to send an email to their support center! This is absurd! They got my order mixed up but they told me the person who bought my gift card cancelled the order and they relisted my gift card. And I waited for days and nothing happened!

By Seunghee L. on 12/15/16
Helpful answer

I always mailed my cards and received checks.It usually took almost 2 weeks for the checks to come.You have to realize you can only submit codes on certain cards, others have to be mailed.There is a limit you will hit where they will insist you change into using their Bulk Seller's program.I am not sure of the dollar limit.I was paid for everything.My issue was I was charged back several months later for cards, and could not even talk to anyone about it.I have stopped doing business with them.It cost me several hundred dollars

By Dan F. on 7/14/15
Helpful answer

DO not do it!! If you do, I would document it and watch your bank account.

By FOUR O. on 1/13/17
Helpful answer

One off their private #'s is 925-226-9988; also 800-240-6188 and 415-419-8787. Did you try emailing them @support@cardpool.com . Did you contact your bank/credit card issuer?

By FOUR O. on 1/9/17
Questions? Get answers from the CardPool staff and other customers.

CardPool?