Review of CafePress

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

dudleyg13
3/29/17

Ordered a t-shirt for my Grandson which was due to arrive on 3/24/17. On 3/28 it had not arrived so I decided to check on it. Customer service advised me my order had been cancelled,but they did not know why! And since their supplier does not tell them of order cancellations they don't notify their customers. What's worse, the person I talked to didn't seem to care!!

henryh79
3/28/17

I ordered 2x license plate frames from them, it's 2 days before it's supposed to get here, I went to check my order status and they cancelled my order without ever notifying me. Definitely never going to use this site again.

heatherb157
3/17/17

My daughter created a custom shirt for a school project and we ordered it through CafePress. We even paid for rush shipping to make sure we received it on time. They cancelled the order and never notified us! My daughter received an E on her project.

CAFEPRESS HAS 0 ETHICS! Have your merchandise printed at a local print shop.

josiev
3/10/17

Had some issues with sizing and prints for some gifts so I called them up. They are happily sending me replacements at no charge and I don't need to return the originals. They made it super easy and simple! I will definiteley use them again!

lindat129
3/10/17

Paid a lot of money and VERY disappointed. Cheap looking poor print that does not resemble denim at all and flowers are blotchy. 2 blankets were for a "denim room". Look like $5 dollar clearance at Walmart. Your pic online is probably of an actual denim pocket and not representative of the the actual print done one ??white??not even a denim colored fleece. As a seamstress I would not have even purchased these on a clearance. I even paid extra money for fast shipping. Thought these looked unique on line. I would not even trust your company to refund my money properly unless some way you can can convince me your are honorable in returns and refunds.

katk23
3/9/17

Seller on the site since 2010. No emails for since july 2011, out of the blue get one last month saying I'm currently inactive and they've taken their fee. WHY is there a fee for inactive users, you're getting your (huge) fee for your overpriced poor quality goods with my art on it already, why do you care I'm not logging in?? The piddly sales I've apparently made in 6 years were all taken as fees. I didn't even know I had sales. No notices on TOS changes or warnings you're going inactive. Don't open a shop with them, there are so many better options.

lucyu2
3/7/17

Dreadful quality card, would have been better from poundland. Envelope too big. Won't be using again

dm435
3/2/17

In CafePress, you spend a lot of time figuring out what commission you want on products carrying your design. They have a base price, and to that you add your commission.

Just like another reviewer, as a shopkeeper I was not paid the commission which I had set out for my designs, but only about 1/8th of that. Even though I had reports and documentation for back-up, they didn't even address the issue when I complained, but went through company double-speak. The end result was that they kept 95% of their inflated prices for products with my designs on them! I call that stealing.

My friends and I went on the site and couldn't even find my shop through their search engine using the shop name OR keywords associated with the products. Their customer service for shopkeepers, again, never addressed these or other troubling issues.

They are VERY, VERY, VERY slow at shipping unless you pay inflated prices. Moreover, their overpriced products are shabby and embarrassing. A pair of earrings with a base price of $15--that's before adding commission for the artist--turned out to be made out of thin, cheap metal. Mugs had dirt in them and the color started to wear off after only a few uses. Their base rates are higher than anyone should pay for a complete product. Adding a modest commission by the artist makes the prices absurdly high...most people just won't pay that much. And guess what? You won't even get the commission you thought you were going to!

There's just no way to make money with these scammers. And of course, they charge you $25 when you close your shop. If you choose NOT to close your shop and just let it sit there, they charge you another fee for inactivity. You are doomed in any event. They're going to suck all your profit away from you, even though you are the artist and deserve a fair share.

Read the fine print in their contract. Again, their site is full of gobble-dee-gook; you need an attorney to explain what their system is, and it is all tilted wildly in their favor.

A good business is courteous to their affiliates and does everything to try to keep them happy, (for one thing, to avoid reviews like this one!), and that courtesy includes addressing problems, fixing them, and apologizing when they have made an error. Not CafePress. If they actually address your issue, they don't fix it, but instead justify with spin. The shopkeeper is always wrong in their eyes. I am a nice person, but I would end up shaking after trying to deal with them. They refuse to listen or respond to logic, but apparently have pat, pre-formatted replies that do not address the actual issues. Hope someone with enough money to do so takes them to court. This rip-off business needs to be shut down. Please do not share your precious artwork or original ideas with them.

janed193
2/17/17

I first opened a shop with Cafepress when they first started this site many years ago. Now, they are scamming shopkeepers by giving them less than what they are supposed to get for profit.

Watch every sale you make and see if the profit is less than what it is supposed to be. It looks like they have been scamming shopkeepers for a while. I noticed my profits were 50% less. I called and asked what is going on. They said that it is a technical error. However, they never fixed the error months later. My account still shows 50% less profit.

They also said that this technical error happened before, which made me more suspicious that they are still having this so-called error months later and they have not fixing it.

So, I researched online and found out that other shopkeepers are experiencing the same thing. So, I closed my shop.

BEWARE!

rachaelm26
2/15/17

I would not buy from here again. Item was faded and looked very old. Size was 6 months but looked like size 0.

danag44
2/11/17

If I could give "No stars" that's what I would offer because that's what I received-
No product
No notice of the cancellation of my order
No response to my email

So they will receive NO business from me in the future

patt815
2/9/17

I ordered two baby items - a romper suit and a hat in blue - they arrived today. While the printing is fine and quality okay my gripe is the two items are a very different shade of blue...
P&p very expensive!
I doubt I will order again

maryt164
2/4/17

I have ordered from this company a long time ago but I won't now that I see all the liberal crybaby merchandise. Not giving my money to morons.

andyp56
2/3/17

Gave it 2 stars instead of 1 because the customer service was really good when I requested a refund. The image printing (black printing on a white curtain) shower curtain was terrible. Looked like a kid colored the image on with a sharpie. Very faded and lines not clean at all.

brittneym18
1/31/17

Don's use cafe press. I had ordered a gift on November 17th. I paid for express shipping which was too expensive, AND i had to tack on an extra ten days for international shipping. None the less, I have contacted Cafe press multiple times about my order, every time I call they tell me things I already know. My order still has not arrived and it has been almost 3 months. Such a waste of time and money. I want mine back!

Tip for consumers: Should receive no stars

curtc10
1/28/17

I am a professional commercial artist who sold his designs through CafePress and my experience appears to be typical for many people who made the same mistake. Allow me to cut to the chase: documents in my possession prove that nearly $7,000.00 worth of merchandise with my deigns were sold through CafePress between 2006 - 2008 . . . . yet I never received a nickel of the royalties contractually due me My attempts at contacting management were stonewalled: I was placed on hold indefinitely, transferred endlessly and then disconnected multiple times. It's now time to call an attorney. Do yourself a favor: avoid this company and tell your colleagues about it.

thomasp85
1/20/17

Why oh why oh why did I send these crooks £59 without reading reviews??? I have been tracking my goods and they have been at Heathrow customs since 10th Jan, awaiting payment by the company. My emails unanswered. Other review sites are even worse than this, one gives average 2.2 out of 10. I can only imagine those giving 5 stars are posted by cafepress.

vickim42
1/10/17

I ordered a gift on the 12th December accepting it would not arrive for Xmas, delivery date was noted as being 29th Dec to 3rd January. It is now the 11th January and I have been advised the goods "should" arrive by 17th January. I can only hope that if and when it does arrive it will be a decent product. Poor form CafePress.

karent93
12/28/16

I ordered a pug ornament. It was delivered late. It was a cheap ceramic piece of crap that was not even printed correctly -- was off-center. It looked nothing like the picture of the product online. This is a horrible company! Do NOT order from them!!!!!

petram8
12/25/16

On 12/14/2016 I order a couple of customized items (travel mug, mug,..) as a Christmas gift for my family overseas. I even paid extra for shipping to arrive on Dec 23, 2016. The email confirmation stated that the order was placed and I'd recieve another email once the items shipped. However, after Tracking my order on 12/21, curious, why I haven't recieved another email. I learned that the status of my order was canceled!!.... So I sent an email requesting an explanation on what happened. Was suppose to get a reply within 48 hours.... Haven't heard back.
I am very disappointed and will not order from this site again!

archiew17
12/23/16

General Hospital woman's zipped hoodie on 12/14/2016 that was in stock was informed on 12/23/2016 item was out of stock. This is gift for my elderly aunt who loves General Hospital

rustys20
12/23/16

I ordered one cup on December 13th. They promised to have it delivered to me by the 23rd as it was a christmas present. I even paid extra money for shipping to make it happen. I emailed and called them after the item was not shipped in timely manner. All emails were guaranteed to be replied to within 48 hrs. 2 weeks later I have yet to receive a reply. They assured me over the phone that the item would be "processed, shipped, and delivered by december 23rd." So I elected not to cancel the order as I trusted them. Big mistake. I finally received notification that my item had been sent on December 22nd with an estimated delivery date for december 29th. This company is a bunch of liers and cheats. I would never recommend them nor will I ever be doing business with them again. This business should not exist. Try zazzle instead

johnc647
12/22/16

You buy something for a gift and something totally different arrives. So you spend 15 minutes on hold to their 'customer services departement' which isn't staffed and is overseas. No European number (I'm in UK). Emails go unanswered.
It may as well be a scam as I have a terrible product that I didn't order and no way to get a refund.

AVOID THESES SHYSTERS because it's a glorified scam

alanr49
12/22/16

The same as other reviews. Money is paid, goods do not arrive and emails go unanswered. I'm suprised Amazon host this lot. AVOID

simons90
12/22/16

These people are a disgrace. Money taken, order not delivered and never replied to an email. The site is a blackhole and the matter has been reported to my bank as fraud transaction to try and recover my money. Beware !

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site.

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the CafePress staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question