Review of CafePress

Tel: 1-877-809-1659
trademark@cafepress.com

annb432
7/3/19

I order 12 latte mugs and received them in a timely manner and just how I had ordered them. No complaints on quality or service. BUT -- and a huge BUT -- each arrived in an individual coffin of thick styrofoam. 12 mugs took up a very large box. Granted, each was in PERFECT condition, but I now have TWO huge garbage bags of styrofoam to throw into a landfill. Ugh. And seriously, in this day and age, who does this??? Very very disappointed with this company.

scoobyd4
6/19/19

Over three weeks wait for a delivery and still not arrived! Customer care zero - will not respond to e-mails and I'm out of pocket £52. Gifts ordered for 18'th birthday present - what a disappointment. Dispute now raised against merchant would like to give no stars but unfortunately cannot.

amyp268
6/15/19

My boyfriend purchased a printed necklace for me for my birthday and he was immediately upset when he opened the package to see a cheap, off center and grainy picture on metal that looks like it came out of one of those 50 cent gumball machines. He actually threw it in the garbage. When he told me what he spent including faster shipping and that all sales were final I was just as furious because I've legit seen nicer jewelry at the dollar store. Please, if you're expecting to gift something personal with decent quality for someone you love, there are so many other more LEGIT customized websites out there.

judithv24
6/13/19

I had my photos put on a shower curtain by another company. Threw it away. Then I had one done at cafe press. What a difference. It turned out great.

dougp248
6/9/19

I ordered a custom shirt (just one) and I recieved it within a few days of ordering. It said 2 weeks or earlier and they shipped it out the very next day. Also I called in to customer service and had a blast with the nice lady on phone. She asked about the funny message on my shirt so I gave her the back story and she was almost peeing herself laughing. The shirt turned out perfect and I know it will be a hit at the party it's for. Thanks Cafepress.

lisaj344
6/5/19

We purchased pre-printed golf balls for a 1 year from diagnosis cancer survivor party. The picture says 3 packs and the description says 3 balls per pack, the price was $19.99.

We ordered a quantity of 6 sets x 9 balls per set at $19.99 = Total 54 balls for $114.00 and paid $25 in express S&H to get it here. 18 balls arrived!

Customer service says the price is $20 for 3 balls!! SERIOUS RIP OFF!! I told her I wanted to exchange it for the (copied off their site:
"Golf Balls: Head Neck Cancer Awareness 16 Golf Balls".
She said that would be fine, but I should know that there's really only 3 balls to each of those as well. Apparently it's "Head Neck Cancer Awareness 16" golf balls.

You can go to RockBottomGolf.com and get 12 balls includes your logo or picture for $17.99. Unfortunately for us, we won't get them in time for the celebration. Its been exactly 1 year since my husband was diagnosed with sinus cancer the size of a golf ball, hence the reason we made the purchase. He's been looking forward to having these at this celebration since he started treatment last year. :*(

Cafe Press has no regard for their customers. They were completely uninterested in working with us to find a reasonable solution. They demonstrated no concern for the situation, offered no apologies for the misleading content, and offered no alternative solutions.

stephend246
5/9/19

Purchased a lawn sign..."In the house we believe:..." I thought it was be a solid lawn sign. Instead, I received a flimsy two-side piece of plastic with three metal "poles" that you put together and slip the sign over the poles. The plastic connectors on the poles didn't hold the sign, which flaps in the slightest breeze and fall down regularly. And, to make matter worse, I spent $33.00 for it, including shipping. I sent them an e-mail to which they did not reply.

Save yourself the aggravation and go someplace else. This is a ripe-off.

valeriaa14
4/14/19

Received my order faster than expected, when I opened the package there was a little mix up but I called customer service and was instantly greeted by a very friendly woman who was more than happy to help me and surpassed my expectations. Will definitely do business with them again.

marcyb19
4/4/19

I have only ordered twice from this company..but both my items were outstanding quality.and I received my items in a timely fashion. Will definitely ordorder again

kenh250
3/31/19

Creating Something To Sell Is A Horrible Experience. You will spend hours in laggy screens and pages that don't come up right. Tried different browsers with the same experience. I also don't like how they plaster your image on everything in bad spots and you have to fix each one. No Thanks...Fix your site.

stepheng255
3/12/19
• Updated review

Update: the marketer responded quickly, but the solution didn't leave me warm and fuzzy. The simply don't have the ability to pump up the graphics, although they took a shot at it. For that reason, I'm leaving the review at 4 stars: three stars for quality, one star for the fast reply.

“Fabric and construction nice, artwork lacking”
11/14/18
• Previous review

I may return and add stars depending on how Cafe Press handles my inquiry. I ordered a baseball cap with a custom logo. The cap that arrived is made of very nice fabric, and construction appears good. The artwork is not representation of "custom" quality, however. I'm happy to pay a premium price for a premium item, but what I received doesn't reach the level of premium as the logo is not bright at all, is a bit too small and the anchor is completely washed out. Leaves me to wonder if there's a quality control person at the end of the process? In the image below, the cap on the left is what one sees on the website, the cap on the right is what I received. The colors are all washed out. Probably trying to save on the ink budget.....the white cap demonstrates how the colors can pop - and should pop, even in a beige cap. I've challenged the company to build me a better cap, - we'll see how they do.

dishas8
2/26/19

Thanks you for sending such a good gift, I am happy that it was delivered on time and it very prompt service.

laurenr137
2/2/19

Wonderful service! Got a nice Christmas gift for my aunt, and even though the order was supposed to be delayed, they managed to get it to me in time! Love this company, you can tell they care!

johna1195
1/23/19

I just had a very awful conversation with one of CafePress'' "friendly" representatives, Santania. She was uninformed, rude, and refused to help me with my order. When I asked to speak with anyone else to simply find out what's going on she said "everyone's on the line" and there was a problem with the system and she "didn't know what was going on" and would not help me any further, but constantly asked "do you want to cancel or confirm it?"

I spent over $300 on CafePress. I have a bank statement in front of me to clearly show this. The CafePress representative said that it wasn't CafePress andwhat I was syaying was a lie. When I asked if she could explain this and tell me why it was charged (I understand problems can happen) she stated she wasn't "concerned with XYZ, did I want to cancel it or confirm it." I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be charged again if I confirmed or that I would be refunded the money if I canceled. She refused to give me any help or insight into my order.

I am appalled at how poorly I was treated and her lack of knowledge about anything to do with my order or CafePress itself.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS CafePress!!

larrys415
1/20/19

I called to return two t-shirts that were given as gifts but did not work out. They refunded the money and told me I could keep the shirts. Operator was polite and helpful.

krisa51
1/19/19

I ordered a baby onesie from them and my total AT CHECKOUT was $20.90, which I had proof of. However, over $35 was taken out of my account. I contacted them with the proof of the cost discrepancy and they waived the shipping cost. This put my new total at $29.06 still over $8 what my total was AT CHECKOUT. I contacted them about this and they said their prices "change daily." This would be an acceptable excuse except for the fact that it changed in the millisecond I clicked on confirm order to the conformation email. Ridiculous!!

susiem54
1/16/19

I bought the hooded t-shirt shown in the photo. I received something else. The photo showed a simple juniors shaped and contoured hoodie that was long enough to go easily over the hips. What I received was a square, unshaped, cropped length hoodie that is not pictured online (see photos). I called them to return it, and they said donate it somewhere and that I got a full refund. I'm most upset with not getting what they advertised and wasting my time in thinking this would make a good gift. Never again... stay away from this shopping site.

ginad47
1/11/19

I ordered a personalized soccer sweatshirt for my granddaughter. It was a hot mess! Her name was not centered and the letter "M" looked like a "W". I mean I could have dealt with it being a little off-centered, but it was way off to the side. The gift was for Christmas and didn't arrive until Christmas Eve, so I had to rush out and purchase something else. Since it was personalized I assume it was not returnable, so I was stuck with the thing. Learned my lesson!

cheyennel6
1/10/19

I have purchased from CafePress at least 13 times over the years, and I have only ever had one mishap with them. A shirt I ordered had the back picture on both sides. I called up the customer service and explained what happened. They looked it up and said I was right, and that it wasn't supposed to look like that. He immediately sent out the correct version for me, FREE OF CHARGE, and I got to keep the mess up as well. Excellent customer service, and I recommend them to anyone. I don't understand all these other people saying they are horrible about returns and mess ups, because they really aren't.

Tip for consumers: Give them a chance, they are awesome!

stevem800
12/29/18

Woman's Pajamas
Processing my order was slow, but I did receive item on the stated date. Order was for woman's pajamas, top is a Gildan brand tshirt, not really a pajama top. Pajama bottoms are Cafe Press branded and have a different feel (softness) than the top. Bottom line, not quality pajamas, I would not order from again.

kristenl66
12/29/18

I made a purchase for my daughter's baby shower and never received it. I called and was told I had the wrong number and sent numerous emails and NOT ONE RESPONSE!!

connieo18
12/26/18

This is the 3rd time using this company for 2 orders for a IVDD calendar and a T-shirt. Last year order got lost. This year calendar was supposed to be her by Dec 21 here it is Dec 26th and still no item called on it lady said item was lost in transit this is a BS company. Never will order from here again.

steves915
12/17/18

I received a Christmas gift with no message included in the package. I called CafePress but they couldn't provide any help without the order number. Of course, receiving a gift, the order number is not included. As it turns out, CafePress didn't put the message with the gift. This is getting to be a recurring problem with many companies and it is becoming very frustrating. We're very disappointed in CafePress.

nal3
11/10/18

I went to cafepress.com.au and ordered two t-shirts. It was not until payment had been made that it gave any indication that prices were in USD, not AUD, so I ended up paying nearly 40% more for my order than I had been led to believe. I can't actually find the buried link that informs you all prices are USD (note that the website address indicates it is Australian). Whether or not they cancel my order and refund me my money is yet to be seen (I don't want to pay $50 for one discounted t-shirt).

matta107
11/1/18

Cafe Press is a company that prints custom content, but only if they approve. They impose their own morality and guidelines their custom orders, even though the products are for private use and not public display or resale, and never appear on their website. This sort of censorship is unacceptable, and recommend using another company that allows freedom of expression when creating your own custom products.

I believe the company did a great job on growth and promoting the "little guy" and November 2013 they changed policies, changed production, changed items and product quality and reduced shop owners commissions on their way to becoming greedy. They made the company a public traded entity on the stock market and was out for themselves. They got rich, the stocks fell, the products became of poor quality, and August of 2014 the president, CEO bailed out and left. To regroup they have tried to add companies like Marvel Comics, Snoopy and other big names to keep the losses from poring in, instead of supervising quality and buying a better quality product. If you want to see their spread sheet of losses, and their news headlines since please feel free.

By Bev D.

I as well have only ordered t-shirts, but to be honest I was less than satisfied. Not only was the turnaround time extremely slow, but the quality of the shirts were simply ok, off color from what I had ordered, but the worst thing about ordering through Cafe Press is that I was then billed $9.99 a month for something I never agreed to, or signed up for. I believe my credit card information was compromised and charged without my consent. I had to jump through hoops to get the money back and eventually changed my credit card information so that they would never bill me without consent again. Needless to say I do not plan on using Cafe Press ever again.

By Alexander L.

The material is thin and cheap, and the images are distorted to a blur. I tried with 3 redo's on a shower curtain and they never got it right. The hole for the hooks are just that...holes. No support to prevent from ripping. After the 3rd try to get it right I had a choice of a 20% restocking fee or another try because the 30 day policy was over after all of the redos. This was a 2 month process and the shower curtain wound up as a freeze protector for my plants last winer:(

By Bev D.

Hello, Alice! Sorry for the late reply to your post, as we have just gained access to the site in customer service. All of the designs that are submitted to be added to our products are reviewed by our content usage team to ensure that the image doesn't violate our content usage policy (see link below). When we search for "Candy Waters Autism Artist", all of the designs that appear have actually been uploaded by Robert Waters. However, if you are still seeing Candy's designs on our site that have been submitted by someone else, please send the product number or a link to the product page to our content usage team at cup@cafepress.com so that they can look into the issue further.

By Social S., CafePress Representative

Sorry that we didn't see your post until just now, Michael, as we just gained access to the account here in customer service. Please let us know if you still need any kind of help! We can be reached at 877-809-1659 from 9 AM to 6 PM EST Monday through Friday, or by email at social@cafepress.com.

By Social S., CafePress Representative

Questions? Get answers from the CafePress staff and other customers.

CafePress?