Review of CafePress

Tel: 1-877-809-1659
trademark@cafepress.com

jamesl862
4/14/19

Wonderful service. Got the birthday gift for my aunt and it was delivered on time. Thank you so much and I look forward to ordering more from Cafe press.

valeriaa14
4/14/19

Received my order faster than expected, when I opened the package there was a little mix up but I called customer service and was instantly greeted by a very friendly woman who was more than happy to help me and surpassed my expectations. Will definitely do business with them again.

marcyb19
4/4/19

I have only ordered twice from this company..but both my items were outstanding quality.and I received my items in a timely fashion. Will definitely ordorder again

kenh250
3/31/19

Creating Something To Sell Is A Horrible Experience. You will spend hours in laggy screens and pages that don't come up right. Tried different browsers with the same experience. I also don't like how they plaster your image on everything in bad spots and you have to fix each one. No Thanks...Fix your site.

stepheng255
3/12/19
• Updated review

Update: the marketer responded quickly, but the solution didn't leave me warm and fuzzy. The simply don't have the ability to pump up the graphics, although they took a shot at it. For that reason, I'm leaving the review at 4 stars: three stars for quality, one star for the fast reply.

“Fabric and construction nice, artwork lacking”
11/14/18
• Previous review

I may return and add stars depending on how Cafe Press handles my inquiry. I ordered a baseball cap with a custom logo. The cap that arrived is made of very nice fabric, and construction appears good. The artwork is not representation of "custom" quality, however. I'm happy to pay a premium price for a premium item, but what I received doesn't reach the level of premium as the logo is not bright at all, is a bit too small and the anchor is completely washed out. Leaves me to wonder if there's a quality control person at the end of the process? In the image below, the cap on the left is what one sees on the website, the cap on the right is what I received. The colors are all washed out. Probably trying to save on the ink budget.....the white cap demonstrates how the colors can pop - and should pop, even in a beige cap. I've challenged the company to build me a better cap, - we'll see how they do.

dishas8
2/26/19

Thanks you for sending such a good gift, I am happy that it was delivered on time and it very prompt service.

laurenr137
2/2/19

Wonderful service! Got a nice Christmas gift for my aunt, and even though the order was supposed to be delayed, they managed to get it to me in time! Love this company, you can tell they care!

johna1195
1/23/19

I just had a very awful conversation with one of CafePress'' "friendly" representatives, Santania. She was uninformed, rude, and refused to help me with my order. When I asked to speak with anyone else to simply find out what's going on she said "everyone's on the line" and there was a problem with the system and she "didn't know what was going on" and would not help me any further, but constantly asked "do you want to cancel or confirm it?"

I spent over $300 on CafePress. I have a bank statement in front of me to clearly show this. The CafePress representative said that it wasn't CafePress andwhat I was syaying was a lie. When I asked if she could explain this and tell me why it was charged (I understand problems can happen) she stated she wasn't "concerned with XYZ, did I want to cancel it or confirm it." I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be charged again if I confirmed or that I would be refunded the money if I canceled. She refused to give me any help or insight into my order.

I am appalled at how poorly I was treated and her lack of knowledge about anything to do with my order or CafePress itself.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS CafePress!!

larrys415
1/20/19

I called to return two t-shirts that were given as gifts but did not work out. They refunded the money and told me I could keep the shirts. Operator was polite and helpful.

krisa51
1/19/19

I ordered a baby onesie from them and my total AT CHECKOUT was $20.90, which I had proof of. However, over $35 was taken out of my account. I contacted them with the proof of the cost discrepancy and they waived the shipping cost. This put my new total at $29.06 still over $8 what my total was AT CHECKOUT. I contacted them about this and they said their prices "change daily." This would be an acceptable excuse except for the fact that it changed in the millisecond I clicked on confirm order to the conformation email. Ridiculous!!

susiem54
1/16/19

I bought the hooded t-shirt shown in the photo. I received something else. The photo showed a simple juniors shaped and contoured hoodie that was long enough to go easily over the hips. What I received was a square, unshaped, cropped length hoodie that is not pictured online (see photos). I called them to return it, and they said donate it somewhere and that I got a full refund. I'm most upset with not getting what they advertised and wasting my time in thinking this would make a good gift. Never again... stay away from this shopping site.

ginad47
1/11/19

I ordered a personalized soccer sweatshirt for my granddaughter. It was a hot mess! Her name was not centered and the letter "M" looked like a "W". I mean I could have dealt with it being a little off-centered, but it was way off to the side. The gift was for Christmas and didn't arrive until Christmas Eve, so I had to rush out and purchase something else. Since it was personalized I assume it was not returnable, so I was stuck with the thing. Learned my lesson!

cheyennel6
1/10/19

I have purchased from CafePress at least 13 times over the years, and I have only ever had one mishap with them. A shirt I ordered had the back picture on both sides. I called up the customer service and explained what happened. They looked it up and said I was right, and that it wasn't supposed to look like that. He immediately sent out the correct version for me, FREE OF CHARGE, and I got to keep the mess up as well. Excellent customer service, and I recommend them to anyone. I don't understand all these other people saying they are horrible about returns and mess ups, because they really aren't.

Tip for consumers: Give them a chance, they are awesome!

stevem800
12/29/18

Woman's Pajamas
Processing my order was slow, but I did receive item on the stated date. Order was for woman's pajamas, top is a Gildan brand tshirt, not really a pajama top. Pajama bottoms are Cafe Press branded and have a different feel (softness) than the top. Bottom line, not quality pajamas, I would not order from again.

kristenl66
12/29/18

I made a purchase for my daughter's baby shower and never received it. I called and was told I had the wrong number and sent numerous emails and NOT ONE RESPONSE!!

connieo18
12/26/18

This is the 3rd time using this company for 2 orders for a IVDD calendar and a T-shirt. Last year order got lost. This year calendar was supposed to be her by Dec 21 here it is Dec 26th and still no item called on it lady said item was lost in transit this is a BS company. Never will order from here again.

steves915
12/17/18

I received a Christmas gift with no message included in the package. I called CafePress but they couldn't provide any help without the order number. Of course, receiving a gift, the order number is not included. As it turns out, CafePress didn't put the message with the gift. This is getting to be a recurring problem with many companies and it is becoming very frustrating. We're very disappointed in CafePress.

nal3
11/10/18

I went to cafepress.com.au and ordered two t-shirts. It was not until payment had been made that it gave any indication that prices were in USD, not AUD, so I ended up paying nearly 40% more for my order than I had been led to believe. I can't actually find the buried link that informs you all prices are USD (note that the website address indicates it is Australian). Whether or not they cancel my order and refund me my money is yet to be seen (I don't want to pay $50 for one discounted t-shirt).

matta107
11/1/18

Cafe Press is a company that prints custom content, but only if they approve. They impose their own morality and guidelines their custom orders, even though the products are for private use and not public display or resale, and never appear on their website. This sort of censorship is unacceptable, and recommend using another company that allows freedom of expression when creating your own custom products.

mitchelld9
6/23/18

The T-shirt I ordered arrived very quickly and looked great! However, the T-shirt did not work not due to anything they did wrong. They did, however, replace it with a different material and ask that we donate the other one to a charity of our choice. Cafe Press will continue to get my business time and time again!

rhondab66
5/2/18
• Updated review

Of course, Cafepress is saying that they have not received any info from me, even though I filled out the email form directly on their site and sent it in as soon as I received the last botched order. This is typical. It is easier to say that there is a glitch in the system and they have not received the complaint. Now that they know this is an issue, you would think that they would be reaching out to me in any form possible (by phone or email) to rectify this situation, but instead they are asking me to yet again waste my time and energy to contact them. No thanks. I should receive a refund; hands down, no questions asked. I will reiterate again, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, CAFEPRESS, FOR ANYTHING. Find another business that has more reputable reviews. I have learned my lesson the hard way.

Response from Social S., CafePress Representative
Hello again, Rhonda! We apologize for the confusion with our previous response. What we meant was, when a review is posted, all we can see is your first name and last initial- no other information to locate an order like the order number, email address, phone number, etc. As mentioned previously, if this issue has not been resolved already, you can contact us at the information provided in the previous message, or send a private message.
“DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!”
4/27/18
• Previous review

I do not normally post reviews. I am doing this because people need to protect themselves from basically throwing away their money to this company's shoddy business ethic and the POOREST QUALITY CONTROL I HAVE EVER SEEN OF A PRODUCT! I had 22 pillowcases made and of the 22, at least ten of them were unacceptable, with at least a 1/3 of them completely unable to be re-sold. The image was so unevenly placed on the pillow case that the picture just looked wonky and out of place. Plus, the ink bled onto the white borders on several of them. Who the heck would send out a product from their company that is uneven and has ink bleeding all over the place? Apparently CAFEPRESS would! I STRESS AGAIN, GO TO A DIFFERENT COMPANY! You should not hear, "I am sorry, mam, to hear this. What can we do to fix it?" over and over and over again. It should be done right the first time. Period. The less we complain, the more companies like this craptastic one will continue to send out horrible quality work. Understandably, people that have placed orders are now cancelling as I explain to them the awful process I have been going through with this company. What I nightmare. Save your time and energy and money! Find a better company.

Response from Social S., CafePress Representative
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for us, Rhonda! We use these types of reviews to improve our products and services in the future, so we do truly appreciate you sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that we dropped the ball on the printing of your pillow cases. We always want you to be 100% satisfied with your CafePress experience, so if there is ever any kind of problem with your order you can feel confident in knowing that your purchase is guaranteed within 30 days of arrival. Since we are unable to see your order information to know if we have already resolved this issue for you, please contact us back in customer service if needed. We can be reached from 9 AM to 6 PM EST Monday through Saturday at 877-809-1659, or you can send us an email anytime at social@cafepress.com.
michaelm801
4/18/18

We received our order for a graphic t-shirt. It arrived with stains all over the shirt. I called the company- CAFE PRESS, to request a refund. They would NOT refund the shipping costs. So be aware, any returns for DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE will still cost you!!! NOT A FAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE!!! WE WON'T SHOP HERE ANY MORE!!!!

Response from Social S., CafePress Representative
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Michael! We are sorry to hear that your shirt did not arrive as hoped, and that the resolution to the problem wasn't what you were expecting either. The printing process that we use for most of our shirts requires them to be sprayed with an adhesive-like substance before being printed on to ensure ultimate design ink durability. Sometimes, when the shirt is sprayed, it can leave behind some discoloration or sometimes even spots where the shirt looks shiny. However, this washes out in cold water, the shirt wasn't actually defective as this is a result of our printing process. If you review the information on our help page in regards to refunds, you'll notice that shipping charges are not refundable. The only exception to this would be if your order never arrived or if the order arrived after the estimated arrival date. We do make exceptions to this, however, and ultimately we want you to be completely satisfied with your CafePress experience. Please reach out to us in customer service at social@cafepress.com, and as a courtesy we'll go ahead and take care of those shipping charges for you this time!
julieb285
4/7/18

The calendars!!! Pictures are vibrant and real!!! I buy them every year...usually several designs. 2019 will not be any different!!!

Response from Social S., CafePress Representative
Thank you for the love, Julie! You're making us blush. :-) Although we can't take all the credit, all the wonderful designs that you see on our site have been created and uploaded by everyday people, we just print their design on our products as they are ordered, so it sounds like you have found some excellent designs to purchase that were of good print quality. Can't wait to see you again next year!
jeanw52
3/18/18

I have always had wonderful experiences with them! Great products, fast shipping. Tons of variety to choose from. One of the few places I always recommend to family and friends

Response from Social S., CafePress Representative
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, Jean. We are so glad to hear that you've had the kind of experiences that we strive for every customer to have- being able to find the perfect product within our wide variety of designs that are provided by our vibrant community of sellers, fast arrival, and best of all- enjoying the products in every day life while showing off a design that you're passionate about! We apologize for the delayed response, but we did want to let you know how much we appreciate you! Have a great day.
lesliec85
1/31/18

Ordered a t-shirt. Received word that it would arrive within 2 weeks. A month later I requested information about the order which had never arrived. They indicated it had been cancelled due to inappropriate content. ("Y is for Yesterday" was what it said). The response was so garbled that I decided not to pursue the matter.

Response from Social S., CafePress Representative
Thank you for your post, Leslie! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us- especially because we use it to improve our products and services in the future. We're so sorry for the late response, and that you had a poor experience with your order. The seller who uploaded the 'Y is for Yesterday' images was delayed in sending our content usage team (who reviews our designs for approval) proof of authorization to use the design. Since it was referencing a book with a copyright, the design was pended temporarily until the seller provided the proper authorization. The design (and other related ones related to Sue Grafton) have now consistently been available for sale and can be found here:

I believe the company did a great job on growth and promoting the "little guy" and November 2013 they changed policies, changed production, changed items and product quality and reduced shop owners commissions on their way to becoming greedy. They made the company a public traded entity on the stock market and was out for themselves. They got rich, the stocks fell, the products became of poor quality, and August of 2014 the president, CEO bailed out and left. To regroup they have tried to add companies like Marvel Comics, Snoopy and other big names to keep the losses from poring in, instead of supervising quality and buying a better quality product. If you want to see their spread sheet of losses, and their news headlines since please feel free.

By Bev D.

I as well have only ordered t-shirts, but to be honest I was less than satisfied. Not only was the turnaround time extremely slow, but the quality of the shirts were simply ok, off color from what I had ordered, but the worst thing about ordering through Cafe Press is that I was then billed $9.99 a month for something I never agreed to, or signed up for. I believe my credit card information was compromised and charged without my consent. I had to jump through hoops to get the money back and eventually changed my credit card information so that they would never bill me without consent again. Needless to say I do not plan on using Cafe Press ever again.

By Alexander L.

The material is thin and cheap, and the images are distorted to a blur. I tried with 3 redo's on a shower curtain and they never got it right. The hole for the hooks are just that...holes. No support to prevent from ripping. After the 3rd try to get it right I had a choice of a 20% restocking fee or another try because the 30 day policy was over after all of the redos. This was a 2 month process and the shower curtain wound up as a freeze protector for my plants last winer:(

By Bev D.

Hello, Alice! Sorry for the late reply to your post, as we have just gained access to the site in customer service. All of the designs that are submitted to be added to our products are reviewed by our content usage team to ensure that the image doesn't violate our content usage policy (see link below). When we search for "Candy Waters Autism Artist", all of the designs that appear have actually been uploaded by Robert Waters. However, if you are still seeing Candy's designs on our site that have been submitted by someone else, please send the product number or a link to the product page to our content usage team at cup@cafepress.com so that they can look into the issue further.

By Social S., CafePress Representative

Sorry that we didn't see your post until just now, Michael, as we just gained access to the account here in customer service. Please let us know if you still need any kind of help! We can be reached at 877-809-1659 from 9 AM to 6 PM EST Monday through Friday, or by email at social@cafepress.com.

By Social S., CafePress Representative

Questions? Get answers from the CafePress staff and other customers.

CafePress?