US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

vinnys1
11/7/16

I signed up with them for a $14 monthly for online and card reader service, first month they charged me double, I called them, they said it was because of the card reader service which cost extra. I canceled it so they could charge me only $14 monthly for online processing only. They kept charging me extra monthly which no one ever told me another company was going to charge me for using their services. I called them to cancel and I did cancel , and they still try to charge my account again. It is already hard to run a small business, and companies like them try t rip you off like many other one do. If you can change your Busines mechandiss, please do.

sunrises
10/14/16

Any looking for a merchant account STAY AWAY FROM AUTHORIZE.NET. They pull scams left and right. If your filling out the application -DO NOT PLACE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION-. They will approve you for an account just to try to rip you off $49 for a so called gateway setup fee. We got approved for an account and then 3 hours later the same department closed our account for non reason. They do this purposely so they can rip you off the $49 setup fee. Their con job is that they will send your application out to every single scumbag merchant company that has a long history of theft. Mysteriously if you have to get refunded, they will never do, you have to contact the sales department, the second you demand a refund, they get all nasty. File a complaint with the attorney generals office. Our story is that in September they approved us for a merchant account, but had no real intentions of doing it. They approved us an 5 hours later the same department (underwriting) cancelled our account. They had no problem keeping the gateway open, even though there was no use for it because these scumbags closed the account immediately after approving it. 5 days later our bank account was debited $49. When we contacted sales, they were asses! So we went to our bank and disputed the charges. We didnt trust these con artists and demanded a letter stating the gateway was closed the same day they approved us. It was just Authorize.net's way of stealing money from anyone they can get their hands on. So no matter what you do, do not place your bank account on your application until at least a week later, because they will do the same con job they did with us. BEWARE!

kingpins
8/3/16

Keep away from this company Authorize.net we will rip you off....
8/1/16
I sign up with them,and you takes so long to setup my account,I tried to call customer service and it is a waste of time,and next thing you know I get a bill for 96.16 for service I never used,because they fail to setup my account (still in demo mode charged $96.16
for a service in demo mode,which is use less,if it is not Live (active)
They have a lot of hidden cost you never tell you about.

prog5
11/10/15

I sign up with them,and you takes so long to setup my account,I tried to call customer service and it is a waste of time,and next thing you know I get a bill for 77.23 for service I never used,because they fail to setup my account (still in demo mode charged $77.23
for a service in demo mode,which is use less,if it is not Live (active)
They have a lot of hidden cost you never tell you about.
I end up using paypal pro.....

mylesw4
10/19/15

Authorize.net cares about your business so much that they will never let you go.I have not used my merchant services account for 2 years yet each month Authorize.net auto draws $40 from my company checking account.

24 months ago I faxed confirmation that I was leaving Authorize.net per their request. Still the auto drafts continue. I called and faxed 2 additional times. Very tricky of Authorize.net to get you to log into your account. This constitutes use of their wonderful service.

My bank is finally helping with this issue.

I can't believe that I am the only one having difficulty breaking up with Authorize.net. Anyone interested in filing a class action lawsuit?????

gregb61
8/25/15

Authorize.net and total merchant services. High pressure sales pushing me to use their mobile device. I was VERY reluctant and happy with my square device and service. The decision to try them out cost me $114.00. I spent hours setting up the device. The card reader never worked. I called customer service and we supposedly got it up and running. But it still didn't work. I called again, and they told me it should work ... But nope! So I gave up. I cancelled authorize.net and didn't cancel total merchant services. I was getting charged $38.00 per month for 3 months when I haven't even used the device yet. I was offered no refund I asked to talk to supervisor and he was more rude then the c.s. I was talking to. This is the first review I have left for any company. Hopefully this will help you. Crooks , scammers

jamesm291
8/4/15

Signed me up on a sweetheart deal
Six weeks later they drop me because I sell sporting goods.
Not firearms but sporting goods.
So they lock down my account without even telling me. Would not let it resume even for a week for which they lied about doing. Never received a statement either. Pure scum.
To this day they never resolved any of it.

Did I sign up bogus. Absolutely not.
I'm going back to Merchant 1.

jeffl66
7/24/15

I hate this company! I couldn't get into my account because i needed to change my password and couldn't get it to work, so I called customer service and could not get a live person because the prompt told me to entire my merchant profile id, which i couldn't do because i couldn't get into my account to retrieve it. After going in circles, I finally called as a new customer and got a live person, who then told me he couldn't help me because i was an existing customer. I begged him to find a customer support person to help me reset my account so I could get into my account. I need to change processors today

randyk11
7/3/15

More hidden fees than you can count and will continue to charge you long after you close the account with them.

dand65
6/4/15

They are polite . . . as they hide their continued theft of you/your customer's money in various fees, charges, and rules that make it unlikely you can get out of your contract easily.
Stay with Paypal (also expensive) or Square.

denised26
4/9/15

I signed up from an advertised link stating that the $49.00 set up fee would be waived. They immediately approved the account. There was no indication that my bank account would be charged any money. On day 2, my account was hit with $74.81. I called Authorize.net and they were RUDE and UNCARING!! Do not do business with these jokers. Very unprofessional!!!!

peterw56
3/24/15

We wanted to try authorize.net and signed up. Integrating their software into our cart program was difficult and we decided to cancel before we ever used their services. We were charged about $100 but only got half back after canceling. What a rip-off.

jessief14
3/20/15

Such a scam. My online shop made $1000 last year. Between authorize.net and flagship merchant services (secondary contractor), I paid at LEAST $1000 in fees. They made it extremely confusing and unclear upon entering into a contract with them, that I would be paying BOTH companies to process credit card sales online. The hidden, arbitrary fees were outrageous and unprecedented. It felt like whenever they felt like tacking on an extra $20 to my bill, they would make up some bull$#*! fee and throw it on there. They flat-out lied about the cost of this service when I spoke to the sales rep on the phone, prior to signing up. I wish this kind of thing were illegal but... #America

robb482
3/1/15

Authorize.net has lost all my money from web payments, as they've entered the incorrect merchant ID and then the incorrect terminal ID. I can't even engage their staff to resolve this issue. Truly awful. I'm about to commence legal proceedings against this company. Use anyone else.

melj9
2/6/15

Their customer service and attitude by sales professionals is a little bit lacking . I was about to open an account with them , but will stick to the lesser evil Paypal after seeing all these negative review. A small business person does not need to be raped with so many hidden fees.

jourdanm
1/19/15

I was contacted by an authorize.net company for merchant services. It looked good. By the time they added all the hidden fees it wasn't so good. I contacted the company to close my account. Because I was so new they would not let me close my account with out filling out some paperwork. I did and needless to say my account is still open still charging me. Thanks to this repetitive scam I knew enough to close down the bank account! This is not my first run in. I had a 3rd party keep a $1, 000 transaction because they felt like it. No matter what I did they wouldnt release it. Asking for signed salles slips for an e commerce transaction. Authorize did nothing to help me.

They have no oversight to these 3rd party companies they do business with

Avoid at all cost.

Paypal is a little more but is trusted by more and has less problems by far

kevinm93
9/11/14

What a scam Authorize.net has going. My account should have been closed when it was closed by the E-Commerce Exchange. They neglected to close 1 account I didn't even know I had and have continued to debit my bank account for the past 9 months. Shame on me for not paying closer attention. Shame on you for your deceptive business practices. I shall make sure I register your scam with every consumer reporting agency I can find. This kind of deceptive business practice should not be allowed in this country.

Tip for consumers: If you sign up via a 3rd party provider, make sure you know who you are dealing with. Very confusing and they have no regard for customers.

dealb
8/6/14

Like everyone else said - Avoid at all costs! Their customer service is awful, their system works when it wants to, and they don't care because they'll still make their money off of you. Do yourself a favor and find someone else. Authorize cost my company more money (in lost customers because authorize.net issues) than I made by choosing them. Still don't get how they have so many customers- worst company ever

michaelt61
8/3/14

A lot of feedback here about Authnet. They are the largest Gateway around. If you need a WooCommerce Authorize.net payment gateway check out the easiest plugin to use: http://pledgedplugins.com/product/authorize-net-payment-gateway-woocommerce/

fabrib
7/1/14

WORST COMPANY EVER!!! I registered on their website and then they asked me to sign a paper document containing my credit card details. DOn't do it! They'll charge you even after you've closed your account with them. Don't trust that company whatever happens.

ramonab
5/29/14

TOTAL F*ING RETARD JERKS! Sales is soooo stupid they don't explain things and argue and contradict each other all the time.. The supervisor said he can't find my info cause i "won't give him my info"!! I JUst gave him my name, email and company name!! TOTAL a**HOLES!!! RETARDED AND SALES ARE A*HOLES..ALL 5 OR 6 OF THOSE MEN!! Customer support is just as stupid.

bigc1
5/8/14

WORST COMPANY EVER! Do not work with this company! They are going to charge you many hidden fees directly from your credit cards. What's worse. They misinform you and without sending you invoices you will be charged in the background.

Customer care and Sales agents don't care about you. This is one greedy company. All they want is your money. They don't care about you. If you have a problem you need to call very expensive hotlines to wait and then get no answer.

Again: They do illegal stuff and charge you money without your signature which you will never get back!

mattf24
4/2/14

Worst service ever! Charged $100 set up fee even though I didn't use the service and then recurred charges after account was closed. Other solutions exist that are way better. DO NOT use Authorize.net.

jo15679
3/17/14

We have been using them for one month, Now they are holding our money in their account while they check charges from customers we have had for 15 plus years. We had to go back to our old company, And If they dont release my comapanys money soon I am going to be taking them to court. They are a terrible company.

glendae
3/10/14

I recently had an account with Quick Commerce, a reseller for Authorize.net. QC was using a branded site for Authorize.net. After I cancelled with QC, I started receiving past due bills from Authorize.net. They claim I needed to cancel directly with them. This seems fraudulent either on the part of Authorize.net or the merchant gateway service Quick Commerce. When I tried to cancel via the branded website, I found there was no way to contact them other than by phone and when I tried to call, there was a recording "QC is not available". And it's not possible to remove your banking info--so I just changed the account number. Authorize.net used to be considered a premier service. I'm still using them with my new merchant service but I'm switching. (And they know I have a new account with them, but they don't care.)

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Authorize staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
tammyg21
Tammy G.
on 1/16/16
Answer
kingpins
Kingpin S.
A: Stay away from these crooks they will rob you.
on 8/3/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Authorize staff and other customers.

Authorize?