Review of Authorize

Tel: 7506592537
registrar@authorize.net

bb194
12/12/17

I've got great credit, no debt, and am starting a new business where I'll need to take credit cards over the phone. Thru Wells Fargo's merchant services, Authorize.net was recommended and they'd waive most fees. The local rep couldn't tell me what my rate would be until I spoke to a man named Roberto. He asked me lots of questions regarding what I would be doing with the payments received, and if I didn't give him the answer I was supposed to, he'd say he had to put me on the phone with someone else. All this and still no rate was quoted. It took 2 hours in the bank, on a Wednesday, including docu-signing which was NOT working properly. I was told I would hear from them 2-3 days but by Friday, nothing, so I left Roberto after calling his phone only to find out he doesn't have an office at that number. I sent an email on Friday morning, with no reply until Monday afternoon calling and leaving messages as to the status of my set up. I left a message saying I didn't want to deal with Roberto anymore, after 3 doses of lips service and no follow-thru. When the supervisor called me back for the first time, she just said I was NOT approved, no reason or questions from any underwriting or approval department!
What? Due to Roberto's POOR fast-talking communication skills and made me feel like I was dealing with a gang banger who didn't kept my business from taking credit cards thru their service. The only reason I chose them over SQUARE was they offer 24/7 customer services and said SQUARE has on-line only support. At that time, that made the difference.

Tip for consumers: Do not go thru Roberto in Phoenix, unless you have a gang banger accent and deal with sleezy lying sales reps who give you no options and tell you what you want to hear until you sign the line which is dotted!

ursad
12/4/17

Authorize set me up an account with the processor EVO International Payments, which I was totally unaware of. Then I had to go through a NIGHTMARE of a process with PCI compliance (so technically advanced that even computer experts were having trouble even comprehending the questions required to get through it), getting any help whatsoever, and then trying to close my accountS when I ultimately switched to Stripe. Now because of the ridiculous 60-day-notice requirement with EVO I'll be paying two more months on an account I didn't set up and didn't want and didn't approve. This really feels like I was scammed and I would recommend avoiding Authorize and their shady business practices and partners.

tinan43
11/7/17

Authorize has been nothing but a big head ache for me. I applied for a merchant account, $99 USD, and got an email stating that someone from First Service Merchants would get back to me in 2 business days. I waited and waited. Nobody got back to me. It is really difficult to get in touch with a human being. They charged me for the application without providing any service for me. I see that I was being charged on my account. I finally was able to get in touch with someone to cancel my account. A month later. I still see that they are charging me. I am disputing this with my credit card company, the cc company's rep after awhile (with trouble of getting a hold of someone from Authorize on the line to resolve this issue), was finally able to get someone on the line with all three of us to try to see if they can issue me a refund for services non rendered. The rude lady from Authorize said "NO" they will not give me a refund. My credit card company's rep said even he had difficulty getting a hold of someone from Authorize. He had to pretend to be a customer signing up for a new merchant account to be able to speak to somebody. Authorize is a disgrace. It has been very frustrating with them. It is obvious that they will charge you not a small amount for an application, not provide you service, just walk away with your money, and still charge you after the fact that you closed down your account. Since they are such a big company, they have the power to get away with this $#*!. They are screwing the little guys (small merchants). Save yourself time, stress, and your hard earned money by not going with this company.

williamy12
10/19/17

Back in May of 2017 I cancelled my merchant account with authorize.net and their affiliated company called Electronic Payments. Each were cute not telling me its a bifurcated process of knocking both of them out. I got this service in Massachusetts by some guy named Barney Kalman of BK Merchant Solutions, my "rep". Well he just up & vanished one day leaving me to deal with this myself. When I told Electronic Payments I needed to change my bank account, now using a new processor for my credit card sales they said "fine, we'll cancel your acct". I left a minimal balance in my old bank so some auto drafts to my gym & EZ Pass would go through. What really happened was after I told both Elect Payments & Authorize.net to cancel my acct each slammed my bank acct as fast as their thieving hands could work racking up over $600 in bank fees plus the funds they swindled me out of. I said to myself "well I'm done with these scumbags & Its not enough $ to get in a twist over". Today I got a call from some collection agency demanding I pay Authorize.net whatever amount. They were yet billing me again for a July after I cancelled them in May. They just kept stealing every penny they could until I stopped them. I was furious & called Authorize.net where I spoke to an "Anthony". I recalled clearly this was the SAME PERSON I cancelled my acct with. He claimed I had done no such thing. That's an outright lie! What their racket is to tell you they cancelled your service & then raid your bank acct as fast & as hard as they can until you physically pry them off your wallet. When they can't steal anymore they go straight to extortion. What I told "Anthony" was "You owe ME $ & if I find some negative remark on a credit history I'll drag your ass into court so fast your head will spin". I hope he didn't take me serious & I have them get a free trip to Massachusetts-in handcuffs!. Mass takes a dim view on unscrupulous co's stealing from their tax payers. To other merchants; be super careful with these people & don't use Authorize.net or Electronic payments to process your sales. I processed 100's of K's each year & they would hold my funds for 2 days while collecting interest out of me & all their customers. I now use Elavon. I have a great rep who's always just a call away & I so far believe they are honest. We'll see but avoid Authorize.net like a disease.

georges273
10/9/17

boy with all these complaints about authorize.net I am surprised they are in business, well guess I will have to go to
IC3.gov and report them

ginal43
10/1/17

In the last 10 months most of my accounts that have been with me for many years have all been signed direct to Authorize.net, You can no longer trust a company or gateway that is competing with you.
Watch your accounts

natj5
5/11/17

TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!

They have been charging our account almost $40/month for 2 years without any rhyme or reason.

When asked they wont disclose anything but keep charging the account.

DO THIS:
- File complaint with FTC, Attorney General
- Dispute charges with your Bank
- Post Reviews

Hit these scammers where it hurts.

STAY AWAY FROM FRAUD AUTHORIZE.NET!!!

gregoryp31
3/8/17

I was not approved to buy online cause they flagged my disability card as fraud and still ain't got my money back. I have contacted the BBB and my attorney General over this and you all should to they need shut down. Its a scam and targets small business and the disabled. You will regret using them just saying.

angelinaw4
2/28/17

Be careful, they charge you for the service you never asked for or used without your permission, and if you contact them they will say "it is your responsibility to check your card and make sure no one stills your money"

aprilp45
2/16/17

I signed up in Novemeber and NEVER used the site not even once for any transactions and they took $60 from my bank account in December and so I had to call my bank and do a chargeback and cancel my debit card for fear they would do it again. Then I called to cancel my account and they told me my account was closed and I owed NOTHING. Well a month later I get an email saying I owe $60 and they were attempting to pull it from my bank....I called and whattya know they say I owe the $60 because I did a chargeback and now my account is in COLLECTIONS, so now baecause of an account I NEVER even used my credit is going to suffer and they are going to get their money either way! Nice scam Authorize.net!

metinh
12/13/16

Authorize.net markets itself a full merchant service and makes non-experienced business owners pay the 'reversible' setup fee. This might be there business model.

Stay away!

vinnys1
11/7/16

I signed up with them for a $14 monthly for online and card reader service, first month they charged me double, I called them, they said it was because of the card reader service which cost extra. I canceled it so they could charge me only $14 monthly for online processing only. They kept charging me extra monthly which no one ever told me another company was going to charge me for using their services. I called them to cancel and I did cancel , and they still try to charge my account again. It is already hard to run a small business, and companies like them try t rip you off like many other one do. If you can change your Busines mechandiss, please do.

sunrises
10/14/16

Any looking for a merchant account STAY AWAY FROM AUTHORIZE.NET. They pull scams left and right. If your filling out the application -DO NOT PLACE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION-. They will approve you for an account just to try to rip you off $49 for a so called gateway setup fee. We got approved for an account and then 3 hours later the same department closed our account for non reason. They do this purposely so they can rip you off the $49 setup fee. Their con job is that they will send your application out to every single scumbag merchant company that has a long history of theft. Mysteriously if you have to get refunded, they will never do, you have to contact the sales department, the second you demand a refund, they get all nasty. File a complaint with the attorney generals office. Our story is that in September they approved us for a merchant account, but had no real intentions of doing it. They approved us an 5 hours later the same department (underwriting) cancelled our account. They had no problem keeping the gateway open, even though there was no use for it because these scumbags closed the account immediately after approving it. 5 days later our bank account was debited $49. When we contacted sales, they were asses! So we went to our bank and disputed the charges. We didnt trust these con artists and demanded a letter stating the gateway was closed the same day they approved us. It was just Authorize.net's way of stealing money from anyone they can get their hands on. So no matter what you do, do not place your bank account on your application until at least a week later, because they will do the same con job they did with us. BEWARE!

kingpins
8/3/16

Keep away from this company Authorize.net we will rip you off....
8/1/16
I sign up with them,and you takes so long to setup my account,I tried to call customer service and it is a waste of time,and next thing you know I get a bill for 96.16 for service I never used,because they fail to setup my account (still in demo mode charged $96.16
for a service in demo mode,which is use less,if it is not Live (active)
They have a lot of hidden cost you never tell you about.

prog5
11/10/15

I sign up with them,and you takes so long to setup my account,I tried to call customer service and it is a waste of time,and next thing you know I get a bill for 77.23 for service I never used,because they fail to setup my account (still in demo mode charged $77.23
for a service in demo mode,which is use less,if it is not Live (active)
They have a lot of hidden cost you never tell you about.
I end up using paypal pro.....

mylesw4
10/19/15

Authorize.net cares about your business so much that they will never let you go.I have not used my merchant services account for 2 years yet each month Authorize.net auto draws $40 from my company checking account.

24 months ago I faxed confirmation that I was leaving Authorize.net per their request. Still the auto drafts continue. I called and faxed 2 additional times. Very tricky of Authorize.net to get you to log into your account. This constitutes use of their wonderful service.

My bank is finally helping with this issue.

I can't believe that I am the only one having difficulty breaking up with Authorize.net. Anyone interested in filing a class action lawsuit?????

gregb61
8/25/15

Authorize.net and total merchant services. High pressure sales pushing me to use their mobile device. I was VERY reluctant and happy with my square device and service. The decision to try them out cost me $114.00. I spent hours setting up the device. The card reader never worked. I called customer service and we supposedly got it up and running. But it still didn't work. I called again, and they told me it should work ... But nope! So I gave up. I cancelled authorize.net and didn't cancel total merchant services. I was getting charged $38.00 per month for 3 months when I haven't even used the device yet. I was offered no refund I asked to talk to supervisor and he was more rude then the c.s. I was talking to. This is the first review I have left for any company. Hopefully this will help you. Crooks , scammers

jamesm291
8/4/15

Signed me up on a sweetheart deal
Six weeks later they drop me because I sell sporting goods.
Not firearms but sporting goods.
So they lock down my account without even telling me. Would not let it resume even for a week for which they lied about doing. Never received a statement either. Pure scum.
To this day they never resolved any of it.

Did I sign up bogus. Absolutely not.
I'm going back to Merchant 1.

jeffl66
7/24/15

I hate this company! I couldn't get into my account because i needed to change my password and couldn't get it to work, so I called customer service and could not get a live person because the prompt told me to entire my merchant profile id, which i couldn't do because i couldn't get into my account to retrieve it. After going in circles, I finally called as a new customer and got a live person, who then told me he couldn't help me because i was an existing customer. I begged him to find a customer support person to help me reset my account so I could get into my account. I need to change processors today

randyk11
7/3/15

More hidden fees than you can count and will continue to charge you long after you close the account with them.

dand65
6/4/15

They are polite . . . as they hide their continued theft of you/your customer's money in various fees, charges, and rules that make it unlikely you can get out of your contract easily.
Stay with Paypal (also expensive) or Square.

denised26
4/9/15

I signed up from an advertised link stating that the $49.00 set up fee would be waived. They immediately approved the account. There was no indication that my bank account would be charged any money. On day 2, my account was hit with $74.81. I called Authorize.net and they were RUDE and UNCARING!! Do not do business with these jokers. Very unprofessional!!!!

peterw56
3/24/15

We wanted to try authorize.net and signed up. Integrating their software into our cart program was difficult and we decided to cancel before we ever used their services. We were charged about $100 but only got half back after canceling. What a rip-off.

jessief14
3/20/15

Such a scam. My online shop made $1000 last year. Between authorize.net and flagship merchant services (secondary contractor), I paid at LEAST $1000 in fees. They made it extremely confusing and unclear upon entering into a contract with them, that I would be paying BOTH companies to process credit card sales online. The hidden, arbitrary fees were outrageous and unprecedented. It felt like whenever they felt like tacking on an extra $20 to my bill, they would make up some bull$#*! fee and throw it on there. They flat-out lied about the cost of this service when I spoke to the sales rep on the phone, prior to signing up. I wish this kind of thing were illegal but... #America

robb482
3/1/15

Authorize.net has lost all my money from web payments, as they've entered the incorrect merchant ID and then the incorrect terminal ID. I can't even engage their staff to resolve this issue. Truly awful. I'm about to commence legal proceedings against this company. Use anyone else.

Questions? Get answers from the Authorize staff and other customers.

Authorize?