I ordered a dresser on 7/31/16, of course my credit card was charged immediately on 8/1/16. I received an email on 8/4/16 saying my order had been shipped. On 8/7/16, I clicked on the link that was a tracking number and it took me to CEVA Logistics. When I got to that site, it said that the tracking number could not be found. For the next 5 days I called customer service at ATG multiple times and each time was promised a call back, only once did someone call me back. I called each day and was told it was being worked on.
As of 8/15/16, my dresser has not arrived and I don't have a tracking number. I called ATG to cancel the order and they told me it will take 3 to 5 business days to issue a refund-credit. Actually they said it will appear in their system as a return because that is the only way their system will allow them to refund my money. I sure hope they don't think I am returning something I never received.
Shop elsewhere. This company doesn't have it together.
As to be very objective and non-judgmental, I will describe all the events that happened in my experience with ATG:
1. On the 06/03/2016, I decided to buy a TV stand from ATG and send it to my new apartment in NY. I did put the address as my new address in NY. While processing the payment, an option of using PayPal appeared. I logged in and made the payment through PayPal. Following that, I realized that shipping address changed completely to my previous address. And here what happened after:
2. I called ATG customer service immediately. They informed me that they can not get the refund or do the cancellation for it "The person who I spoke with confirmed that with her boss" and for that, she instructed me to follow with PayPal for cancellation.
3. I called PayPal within minutes, the agent informed me that they will contact the seller immediately and get me the refund in few days, which I doubt happened.
4. The second day, I got an email from ATG about the progress with my order " that was suppose to be cancelled".
4. I called ATG customer service immediately. The agent did put a request to cancel the order " Surprisingly this option was not available the day before". She sent an email at 4:45 p.m. to cancel the order. However, she informed me if the item was shipped, she can't do anything about it.
5. I was informed later the item was shipped and I was provided with a tracking number. " The tracking number mentions clearly that shipping process started at 4:51 p.m. "after the cancellation email request was sent".
6. I called PayPal again and spoke with another agent, who didn't find any information about why it was not cancelled from day 1.
7. PayPal have been sending irrelevant emails and request about dispute between me and the seller, ignoring the fact that they contributed to this problems for not following on their commitment.
8. While I believe that PayPal failure to make the cancellation as they informed me is the main reason this mess is happening, I still find ATG to have poor communication for not cancelling the order from day 1 and for the clear time line discrepancy between the email and the shipping process.
9. I did put a dispute remark as instructed by PayPal. ATG contacted me to resolve this issue. They told me to remove the dispute in order to be able to process the refund. "06/06/16".
10. I did cancel the dispute "biggest mistake I did".
11. Item arrived to my previous address, just few days before I wanted to move. I contacted ATG and informed them about the arrival of the TV stand. I informed them that I can just take with me and instead of getting the refund, I will just request moving expense for it.
12. On 06/13, ATG customer service associate emailed me the following: "I see no notation on the order that you had contacted us prior to the 3rd when you chatted in to request cancellation. An order processed through paypal has no bearing on the cancellation. If you had requested to change the address instead of cancelling, we may have advised to contact paypal to change the address and order again, but we would not have informed you to contact paypal to cancel as we do that ourselves.
In this case the item did ship out earlier then expected, and was already in transit by the time we requested the cancellation. I am sorry for the inconvenience of this.
If you no longer wish to keep the item at your address or move it to your new one, we can assist you in setting up a return.
However we will not be able to provide any credit for your cost to add the item included in your move".
14. As I viewed this email as completely disrespectful, unprofessional and purgative, I decided to end this mess by asking them to ship their item back and provide me with a refund.
15. Item was shipped back and arrived back to them on 06/19/2016. They informed me that refund will be processed within 2 business days after they receive or should appear in my bank account within 10 business days.
16. Today is 07/09/2016. No refund was issued until this moment. I emailed them that I will be considering this as a fraud if payment is not processed very soon.
17. On the 07/11/2016, money was refunded and I was contacted by them company about it.
We placed order for a fire pit on 5/29 that the website indicated would ship by 5/31. On 5/31 we received an order status update indicating the ship date would be 6/3. I went online to verify that the item had shipped on 6/3 only to find that the ship date had been changed to 6/11 (no notification was sent to us). We then called Customer Service to request they confirm the actual ship date and were told that they showed 6/3 (even though the website order status reflected 6/11). They were going to verify and return call; did not receive return phone call so we called again on 6/7. Again told they would verify and return call; no call received. On 6/8 we received an order status update indicating item was on back order and would ship 6/30. Credit card was changed on 5/31 despite the fact that item had not shipped (and apparently would not ship until 6/30). Very poor customer service; will not use site again.
I am generally not a person who writes reviews but I have had two experiences with ATG customer service and both times they have made the situation right. Their customer service is great and the products are fantastic. I would definitely ordered from them again and I am a tough customer.
Web site did not give me an option for selecting finish, The picture was in silver which is what I wanted and I pressed add to cart. I got brass. They did except return but charged me $5.25 shipping for something that was their web site fault.
ORDERED A 6'x4' SHED THAT WENT ON SALE 5 DAYS LATER. REFUSED MY REQUEST TO ADJUST PRICING EVEN THOUGH ORDER STILL PROCESSING. ALSO, IT'S BEEN 2-1/2 WEEKS (18 DAYS) AND STILL NO SHIPMENT. LAST ENTRY FOR ORDER STATUS ACCORDING TO WEBSITE POSTED 5 DAYS AFTER PLACING ORDER, "PACKAGE PREPARED TO SHIP"
They advertise Best Price Guarantee, price match + 10% off. THIS IS JUST TO MAKE YOU THINK YOU ARE GETTING THE BEST PRICE! I found a website that beat them by $200. When I asked for price match plus 10% off, they tried to tell me that since the other website was based out of OHIO only, they couldn&#039;t price match.
Their terms state that it only needs to be a US retailer (ie, not Amazon)... not on sale... and in stock. I fell within all guidelines of their guarantee. They made excuses to not honor their 10% PRICE GUARANTEE
IM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THIS COMPANY. I HAD ORDERED DRAPERY RODS/RINGS AND THEN THE NEXT EVENING REQUESTED TO CHANGE MY ORDER OF WHICH THEY COULD NOT DO VIA "CHAT" BUT THEY DID CANCEL MY ORDER AND THEN WHEN I WENT ONLINE TO ORDER THE SAME MDSE BUT DIFFERENT COLOR ROD THE PRICES HAD INCREASED AT MIDNIGHT 1/18/16, HOWEVER, THE CUSTOMER REP DID SPEAK WITH HER SUPERVISOR AND I RECEIVED THE ORDER FOR THE EXACT AMOUNT AS THE EVENING BEFORE..... REALLY APPRECIATE THEIR FRIENDLINESS, DEDICATION TO MAKE THE CUSTOMER HAPPY, AS WELL AS THEIR AWESOME PRICES
I ordered 2 planters in November 2014 for my wife for Christmas. The items where backordered and she finally received them in February only to find that 1 of the items was broken. We called and notified ATG who put in a request for the replacement part. We would call and periodically check with ATG who continued to say that the replacement part was backordered. Finally after over 6 months of waiting I demanded a refund for the entire order due to poor service. Thankfully ATG agreed and provided a full refund. Will NEVER order from ATG again!!
3 Questions & Answers