Review of Wine Insiders

Tel: +1-800-615-7304
info@wineinsiders.com

williamm998
6/26/19

I have ordered from Wine Insiders several times over the past two years and I am absolutely impressed with this company. The value, selection, and first class customer service will impress you too!

lindav161
6/22/19

Been buying your wine for five to six years now. The choices are great. You can pick what you want. I never had a problem. I love the free shipping.
I told friends how good it was and they in turn bought from Wine Insiders as well.

robinc235
6/17/19

I ordered 6 bottles of wine. They sent 4 I ordered and substituted 2 without asking or even telling me. Then offered a $15 credit. I can't replace these bottles with $15 and I either have to pay shipping or buy 4 more bottles for free shipping. They sent a Prosecco and a merlot, had they asked, substitution of anything else would have been fine. I despise merlot and Prosecco. That is why I ordered what I wanted, to get what I wanted. I will not be ordering again.
Robin walker

cammyc1
5/30/19

I have ordered from Wine Insider for many years. You get what you pay for. Is it the best wine available, no, but when you pay $ 6-8 per bottle you are not going to serve this for the CEO when he comes to dinner. Is it good enough for a glass by the pool in the summer; most definitely and it will be far better than the $6 bottle from the local grocery store. I have only had one or two bottles that I didn't care for and that was more a taste preference than a quality issue. I have only had one shipping delay in 3 years and the apologized and offered bye a credit on my next order without me asking.

simonem45
5/15/19

Delivery was very fast, wine is excellent.That's my second time ordering wine from them and won't be the last.

debbiec306
4/20/19

Wine Insiders knows the meaning of good customer service! Recently I placed an order during the warehouse clearance sale. Wines for $5/bottle plus free shipping for an order of 6 or more bottles...yes please!! Usually I receive my order within about three days which I consider amazing! Due to the high demand during the sale, the shipment was delayed by a few days. To compensate me for the "inconvenience", it wasn't really much of an inconvenience, I received an email apologizing and offering me a $15 credit voucher towards my next order. Wow! Totally unexpected and frankly unnecessary. But Thank you! Somehow I inadvertently deleted the email and the voucher code. So I emailed Wine Insiders customer service for assistance and they graciously added the credit to my account. In my opinion that gesture went above and beyond and insures I'll be a loyal customer for life! Thank you!

floydj14
4/19/19

I have bought from Wine Insiders for over two years and have NEVER been disappointed. I'm not a wine snob, I just enjoy decent wines. Wait for sales on the 15 bottle case and buy them. I seldom select specific bottles and have enjoyed their generic mixed cases. Prices are always below $10 per bottle and some sales drop that price to about $5 per bottle. Try to beat that.

conors11
4/19/19

My first order was a groupon which went fine; the wine quality was actually not bad for the price. I then ordered a number of bottles off the website that were on sale. I received an email confirming what I had ordered. When the shipment arrived, all the wines were different. I had ordered mostly white wine and what arrived was red. When I called, the agent told me my selections had been substituted because what I ordered was not in stock. He said I would not be able to get the wines I actually ordered, even though when I ordered them they showed as "in stock" and I even received a confirmation email and shipping email with the wines I had selected. He said I could send back the entire case of red wine for a full refund or keep the wines they sent me and he would credit be back $25. I took the credit, although I am still annoyed I didn't receive any of the wines I ordered and I wish someone had told me all my wines were being substituted so I could have canceled the order altogether. With so many other wine company options available this was the last order I will place with Wine Insiders.

lindseyr69
4/18/19

Placed my order over 10 days ago, I called customer service and they told me they are still packing the bottles - 10 days later??
Then they tell me they don't have the bottles in stock that they already charged me for.
Would never order from this company again!!!

irah31
4/11/19

I placed an order for 24 bottles of wine for an upcoming event and only received 9 of the bottles. When I called, I was told I would get a tracking number in 24 hours. Well here we are 72 hours later and no tracking number, so I called again and I was told the wine is NOT IN STOCK! I was also told by the customer service rep that they received an overwhelming number of calls for the same thing....Over sold wine while fully charging my credit card for wine not in stock. I had been purchasing wine from them for years, but no more. I don't like being mis-lead and lied to. Stay away from this SCAM OPERATED COMPANY!

kathya151
4/4/19

Disclosure- haven't even tasted the wine yet but...
The prices that the Wine Insiders claim are retail prices are quite a bit higher than what I have researched them to be. Retail prices are in line with the selling price on Wine Insiders prices- so you really aren't saving much. I did not get the wine opener as well. I'll have to see what customer service states. I think I'm a one and done unless the wine knocks me out and I continue ordering.

jamesf726
4/1/19

Ordered off Brad's Deals, case shipped plus free air pressure opener. Arrived fairly quickly but no opener as promised. Checked order, it was listed. Called right away and was told by customer noservice that they could not help, they only take orders outside m-f 9-4. Called back Monday was told it should be in the case, where exactly would there be room in a sealed case of wine for a hidden oversized opener? Then was told it was a distributor error but they could not send it alone. I could order more or have a discount off future full priced orders. Was told I want to just send back the case as part of the satisfaction guarantee. She said fine. I guess sending a case of wine twice because of your error is better business than completing the order as promised to a new customer. As I waited for the return label to be sent I was called again. They are now willing to send the opener but it will take a few weeks. So the fragile wine that required a signature was sent in 48 hours but the bottle opener takes several weeks? My guess is that you ran out and don't expect customers to be annoyed. Horrible customer service either way. Can't rate the wine as its all going back but researched a couple and the reviews are very mixed.

lynns284
3/22/19

Don't expect a responsive customer service team from this site. I wanted to redeem a Groupon and I had a question about the sales tax I was being charged. My question was ignored. I probably never will order from this company again, but I will reserve my decision until I see what they ship me. From some of the other reviews, it could be real low quality and not what was expected (red vs white).

melissas476
3/12/19

First time ordering from Wine Insiders. My package was damaged in shipping(they use Fed Ex as their carrier) . I WAS in fact notified of the damage. However, was NOT notified my package was sent back to shipper. I have Been waiting at home to sign for my wine . After talking to Fed ex and then calling Wine Insider's customer service. I was told my package had been sent back. I was Not given this notification. The man (Shawn) in customer service felt the need to explain to me in an extremely condescending tone how to use tracking info. As if I walked straight out of a cave. He told me it was my responsibility to call Wine Insiders back and request a new shipment since my first order was damaged. I was under the impression all of this would've been handled by them since I'm a paying customer. Or at the VERY least, been told my package had been sent back, instead of wasting my day off waiting around at home for the package. I asked if this info is listed under their customer service potion on the Wine Insiders site, he said no. So, I guess I should start learning Telepathy. I said that once a shipment is damaged & returned back to them their warehouse can take up to two weeks to notify them and send out a new package to the sender. I explained this was my first purchase from them & probably my last. He told me when I got off the phone my wine would be here in 3 business days. Guess I better clear my schedule now to begin the waiting process again. Ridiculous.

terrieh62
2/22/19

I've been getting wine from Wine Insiders (not their club) for a couple of years now (I belong to two other clubs). I've never paid shipping for wine insiders, which I love. I've been able to try out good wines from all over the world, which I may never have done if I went to the local wine shop. I've been able to reorder wines I like when they have specials at reasonable prices. I can get sparkling wine which you rarely get with other wine clubs. When I first started with them, when they sent me the wrong wine, they simply sent me the right wine. I think they've probably changed that policy now, since I got a wine credit when there were two bottles missing from my case. My only beef with them is that when I called recently to get a credit for a wine we didn't like, is that if you purchased it more than 6 months ago, "satisfaction guaranteed" no longer applies! We live in Texas, so don't order wine during the summer. 100 degrees can't be good for wine! We order plenty during the winter to make it through until October. So, how do I keep track of what we ordered and when? This rule they have is in their "Terms and Conditions" section-the fine print. So, the perfect wine company ruins their rating with their fine print. This hasn't stopped me from getting their wine. I just ordered two cases on one of their 35% off deals-no shipping-I chose the 30 bottles of wine I wanted at reasonable prices. So 5 stars for their wine quality and price point and 1 star for their "satisfaction guaranteed" policy.

freddyd10
2/2/19

I've been shopping at wine insiders for over a year now, I found them on an intro offer on Facebook and HAVENT LOOKED BACK. Amazing wines, great value, and they ship free. Like, I was so sick of getting the same wines at the store but now everyone thinks I'm a wine god. Thank u wine insiders for making me a wine god.

bkt
1/31/19

I have been a customer of Wine Insiders for several years now. I am very pleased with the quality of the wines and the many, many selections available for purchase. I find their offers enticing and inventive. My experiences with the sales people have been positive. I look forward to doing business with them for many years to come.

babatundea2
1/31/19

I have been shopping with them for the past 4 years, order my wine twice in a year and I never have problem with them

reannas2
1/31/19

I have ordered twice. I want to like wine. Large selection. I ordered a bulk of white the first time which was wine. The second time I ordered selected sweet bottles which I enjoyed. Came fairly quickly and well packaged. I was able to pick up at Walgreens which was easier. Will order again.

dianeb416
Diane B.
1/22/19

We have been purchasing wine from Wine Insiders for over 2 years. We have never had a wine we did not like. We especially like the sales where you choose the bottles you want at especially good prices.

brandya22
1/7/19

I came across the wine insiders groupon about a week ago, looked like a great deal, so I checked the reviews. Unfortunately, I couldn't find much. A couple reddit reviews complaining about wine clubs in general and the usual you tube reviews.. "this is the best product in the world! You have to buy it, it's life changing! Just click my personal link below!." eye roll.... I figured id give it a try and write a review for anyone else who was looking. $60 (75 originally, but groupon almost always has 20%off coupons) plus $30 shipping is only $6 per bottle... Here's how it went :

They have a special link on the Groupon that you click on, takes you right to your specific deal. Once you get there a screen pops up and asks if you want to upgrade. You can stick with you basic package or upgrade to "better" for $25 or "best" with rush processing for $45. I went ahead and I upgraded to best. It's still only $8 a bottle and the pop up made me feel like the base wines would be crap. My order was placed on dec 29th, but didn't ship until jan 2nd. I wouldn't call that rush processing, but since it was the holidays, I can let it slide.

I haven't gotten the wine yet, I will update this as soon as I do. I do have some concerns though. The upgrade package said the premium wines will be worth close to $20 each. The wines that showed up in my tasting notes ranged from 10.99 to only one at 19.99, most 15.99. There were also only 8 bottles in the tasting notes. I'm hoping they aren't sending duplicates... Wine will be here saturday Jan 5th. To be continued....

Unfortunately, they were duplicates. Pics below are the wines along with price.

Im not an experienced wine drinker by any means, but I can give you the basics... I tried the Boabrisa tonight, it was decent. Passed the swirl test and was fairly smooth. Definitely worth the $8 paid, but hardly premium as advertised. I'll update as I go though the rest.

I did email the company to let them know I wasn't happy about the duplicates and price point, we will see how they respond.

I was able to try the rest of the wine over the weekend. It was all ok, but not worth taking the time to write an individual review for each. None were bad, but none were great or even unique, oddly enough, the bottles were all very similar in taste and depth. Picture yourself walking into your local grocery store and grabbing a $10-$15 bottle that's one sale for the week. That's pretty much what you are getting here.

Here's where they lose my business. The customer service rep emailed me back stating that the upgrades said "up to $20" for best and "up to $15" for better. Sneaky sneaky... He also said that there was a link to see the wine you would be getting in each package. I did see these while ordering, but assumed they would just be some of what you are getting since they were only eight. Nope, those are the only bottles you will be getting. The images are v very similar to the ones below, except they conveniently leave off the prices. After a quick search on the site, it seems like the value of all the wine are basically the same. looks like it's was just a $45 marketing scam....

So the big question: is it worth it? If you just want a bunch of cheap wine for yourself or a party, yes. The wine is decent and at $5 per bottle, it's hard to go wrong. (i wouldn't pay for the upgrade if i ordered again). If you care about quality over quantity or are a more experienced wine drinker, no, this isn't for you. Would i order again? No. The deceptive marketing left a bad taste in my mouth and there are many other companies left to try.

cynthial158
1/4/19

Some of the reds in the Mediterranean sampler were old and dusty....the corks were so mealy they disintegrated upon opening indicating improper storage

Response from Maxwell E., Wine Insiders Representative
Hey Cynthia - Thanks for your feedback and our sincerest apologies about the corks. Please contact our Customer Service team at (800) 615-7304 Monday through Friday 9:00am – 8:00pm EST or email us at info@wineinsiders.com and we'll be more than happy to make this right. As for the corks-- the package protecting your wine is called Molded Fiber (or Molded Pulp) and is one of the most environmentally friendly and sustainable packaging solutions available. It is made from recycled newspapers and water!

The use of the molded fiber in place of EPS (Expanded Polystyrene), more commonly known as Styrofoam, saves 1.75 gallons of water and 1 kilowatt of energy. Due to the nature of the material, you may see some dust on the bottles due to the breaking down of the pulp as it protects your wine shipment. Let us know if you have any other questions!
mauriceh32
12/31/18

I was referred to them by Groupon and tried their Red Wine sampler offer. First they slam you with an extremely high shipping price, then they take forever to send you the wrong bottles of no-name wines. In my selection there were 4 whites which I did not order and all the red were duplicates of another. So, I made this known and "Philip H." took my "case". His "solution" was to get me a credit on my next order. Seriously? How would this condescending twat think I'll ever order from them again? So I donated the whole shipment to the homeless so they will have a great New Years part. Horrible. Stay away - I wish I could warn more people.

Response from Maxwell E., Wine Insiders Representative
Hey Maurice - Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the poor experience! Orders using promotions purchased from third party sites such as Groupon require us to charge for shipping based on their terms. We actually offer free shipping on 6+ bottles when you order directly through us. Also, Groupon reserves the right to sub wines if they are out of inventory. By ordering directly through us, you would've avoided all of these issues. We apologize once again for any inconvenience this caused you.
lindal561
9/14/18

I was referred to Wine Insiders by a friend. The original case ordered using groupon was the most complicated, but afterwards it was quick and easy. I can even pick up at a FedEx drop after work so I do not need to be home for signing. I like to try new wines and share with friends. There are favorites I reorder. I find the value, selection and ease of shopping an excellent option for my busy schedule.

garyf192
7/19/18

My wife and I really enjoy the wines that we have ordered. A little skeptical at first, but not anymore. We always get the split of half whites/half reds because in that mix you will find a proper match for any situation. GREAT WINES AT GREAT PRICES. Gotta go, its time to pull a cork !

Hey Mel! Shipping generally takes 2-3 days after processing (about 90% of orders are shipped in 2 days). Also, shipping is free on orders of 6 or more bottles. Let us know if you have any other questions! Cheers!

By Maxwell E., Wine Insiders Representative

I received a Groupon offer and thought I would give this a try. I know nothing about the company beyond what I've read in other reviews.

By LYNN S.

I have no idea who this person is, but at least this reviewer got someone to answer, apparently rudely. My question on live chat was ignored.

By LYNN S.
Questions? Get answers from the Wine Insiders staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Wine Insiders