Review of Williams-Sonoma

Tel: 1-877-812-6235
customerservice@williams-sonoma.com

larryl290
11/23/18

I have bought over $5000 stuff in 2018.... but when I tried to call about value points and loyalty points .... I was treated badly by customer service and then got transferred to supervisor after 20 min wait who was just as rude .... I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANY NEW CUSTOMER ... fo to Amazon or other folks ... and CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A ZERO .... clCOULD NOT BE WIRSE .....

darylk14
9/7/18

As you can see from other reviews their shipping service is horrible. On a Thursday I ordered a coffee maker that I needed for the weekend. I paid for next day shipping. After it was too late I receive an email stating that the coffee maker was out of stock and would arrive on Monday. But I was charged next day shipping as they shipped the filters via next day air. Now they refuse to refund shipping so I am disputing this through AMEX.

Response from Judy E., Williams-Sonoma Representative
Hello Daryl-I'm very sorry to hear we were unable to delivery the coffee maker in a timely manner, I'd like to discuss this with you further. I've sent you a private message with my contact information. -Thank You-Sharla-Williams Sonoma Social Media Team
russellg63
8/4/18

My nephew wanted a knife set for his wedding and we went on line to buy it from his chosen site of Williams Sonoma. When we went to buy we saw they were charging $36.00 for shipping and handling for a $ 329.00 knife set. I am reasonably principled and for that reason we went to Amazon and bought the exact same knife set for the same price and had it shipped for free. ( no handling charge either)
PS: I never write negative reviews like this but this really pissed me off!

annaq9
2/27/18

I found the best sourdough bread ever on the Williams-Sonoma website, which was quite surprising. The bread is baked and shipped by Nashoba Brook Bakery, which is located in Concord, MA. On the site, it stipulates that the bread might take two weeks to arrive but it came within five days after ordering. The round loaves are just as depicted on the site and they smelled oh so good and tasted just like a sourdough bread should taste. Definitely worth a try if you miss sourdough bread with substance. The site also offers other breads offered at Nashoba.

Response from Judy E., Williams-Sonoma Representative
Hi Anna,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! There is nothing better than really good sourdough bread! Our partnership with Nashoba Bakery lets everyone enjoy their fabulous sourdough!
Williams-Sonoma
Social Media
merediths9
1/2/18

I purchased an overpriced sofa from Williams-Sonoma, believing that for the price I would have the peace of mind that they would take good care of me. I was wrong. I spent six months dealing with them, and I have no couch. Save your money, your personal time, and your frustration: Shop anywhere else.

Response from Judy E., Williams-Sonoma Representative
Good Afternoon Meredith,

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I am disheartened to hear about your sofa experience. I have sent you a private message with my contact information. once I can get your order details I will see what I can do to make this right.

Chelsea
misss22
12/25/17

I love Williams-Sonoma's products and am a sucker for their holiday dinnerware. I finally decided to pick up their 'Twas The Night dinner plates/salad plates collection along with the red tartan tablecloth. It was so beautifully displayed in their store, and I wanted to create a similar ambiance for our family Christmas dinner. I ordered everything online and they promised me delivery by Dec 22 which I know was cutting it close but that's what they promised. The salad plates and table cloth were delivered on time. On Christmas eve, Williams Sonoma refunded my Amex for the dinner plates. In a panicked mode, I went online to discover the dinner plates were listed as no longer available. I called 2 local stores of which the closer one only had limited plates. The farther one 15 miles away had the plates so I paid over the phone and picked up in person on Christmas eve. I was flabbergasted that the large store had plenty of dinner plates left so I couldn't understand why did they cancel my order instead of shipping from that store. As if I wasn't already busy enough, I had to spend 2 hours of my Christmas eve just to complete the dinner set for an important meal in the year. For that, I give Williams-Sonoma a MEH rating for terrible and stressful online shopping experience. Otherwise, I love their beautifully hand crafted products.

Response from Judy E., Williams-Sonoma Representative
Hello Ms. S.
Thank you for your post. This is not the experience we want our customers to have.
I have sent you a private message and look forward to hearing from you.

mikel387
12/16/17

I ordered a coffee maker on December 11 and it said the delivery date was estimated at December 14. I could have purchased the same brewer from Amazon and other sites but WS had the best delivery date and we needed it asap due to our coffee maker breaking.

On December 15th I called to inquire where was my order. The ONLY thing their rep could tell me was that the new estimated delivery date is December 20th!!!!!!! That is one week later. She said it was "in process" which is the same thing their website said and she could not confirm if it was even shipped yet. She couldn't even tell me if I cancelled the order if it would be cancelled. I understand it is the holidays and that the original date was estimated. But waiting AT LEAST a week beyond the promised date is terrible service and frankly, illegal as it is bait and switch by their advertising a false delivery date to help get business over your competitors. A good company who has customers in mind would have, at a minimum, notified me of the delay.customer service.

Response from Judy E., Williams-Sonoma Representative
Hello Mike,
Thank you for message. I'm sorry that your new coffee make arrived later than expected.
I have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you.
jamieb114
12/11/17

Hello everyone, I recently decided to purchase a frying pan online from Williams & Sonoma, as they were advertising 20 % off the product. I ordered the frying pan on December 2nd, and after paying shipping, it said it would take approx. 10-15 business days to deliver. I calculated the approximate arrival date to be December 15th - 22nd.

I have been actively waiting for an update, but after a number of days, I found my order still remained as "Pending Fullfillment" and have yet to receive a response. I decided to email customer service a number of days ago, but did not get an answer as to the status of my order. I then emailed again, then called their customer service to only wait an hour to hear, "There is nothing we can do, you cannot talk to a supervisor, we cannot expedite your order, and your order still has not even left our warehouse and may take a number of days until it even ships, which then you need to calculate the 10-15 business day in addition to that". In addition, they would not even allow me to cancel my order to buy it somewhere else. I left the call requesting to speak with a supervisor, which the customer service rep assured me that they do not have any control over this either, and would not provide me with anyone else's contact information to address my concerns with and that the supervisor would call me back after 24-48 hours.

This is completely unacceptable, and I wanted to warn others of this terrible customer service as they are not obligated to ship your product until it is convenient for them, and should that take an excessive amount of time, you just have to wait it out. If I knew what I know now, I would have never bought anything from Williams and Sonoma, and will ensure that I do not return to this store again as the overall customer support/experience is extremely poor!

I intend to keep contacting them until I either get my frying pan, or my money back and will continue to escalate this as this is the WORST experience I have ever had purchasing through a company!

Response from Judy E., Williams-Sonoma Representative
Hello Jamie,
Thank you for sharing your experience. This is certainly not how we expect our customers to be treated.

I have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you.

gailc71
11/26/17

I purchased a gift for a couple with a Williams-Sonoma wedding registry.They live in Minneapolis. I live in Chicago. I am not going to their wedding. The purchase was sent to me.
I called Williams-Sonoma's "customer service" line 6 different times of day in 3 days to get this corrected.Each time I got a message that they had extraordinary number of people on the line. I waited and waited and waited. To no avail. A recorded message said to go to their website and file my concern via email.
I did that. They promised response in 48 hours. It has now been 10 days. Nothing.
Finally I called at 7 am and actually reached a very nice human being who said he would send me labels to resend the gift (two large, heavy boxes) via UPS. I just had to get it to a UPS office. I explained I am 71 years old and that isn't going to happen. I requested a supervisor.
The nice man said no one was available , but that someone would call me within 12 hours. Guess what? Nothing. Today I am going to find a way to get those boxes back to a local Williams-Sonoma store and return them.
I will buy another gift for the couple from another store.
And I will never - NEVER - shop at W-S again.And I am a foodie who cooks and has had a food blog.

Response from Judy E., Williams-Sonoma Representative
Hello Gail,
Thank you for your message. I do so apologize, this is not the experience we want our customers to have.
I have sent you a private message.
I look forward to hearing from you.
jackiem106
11/24/17

I purchased a birthday gift for someone at William Sonoma Online with a delivery date of 11/22, it never arrived. I called them today to follow up and found out that they were out of the item but they never contacted me to tell me. Now I will have no birthday gift for a very important person. I will never buy from them they are too unreliable.

Response from Judy E., Williams-Sonoma Representative
Hello Jackie,
I'm so sorry to hear we didn't deliver your friends gift.
I have sent you a private message.
I look forward to hearing from you.
ashleyj94
11/18/17

Website advertised free gift with purchase but won't honor. Said it was a mistake. I bought merchandise in good faith that I would receive the free offer. Very bad customer service. I had a screenshot of the ad. Jesse says he is supervisor and there is disclaimer on their website. He was rude too. Guess what? Not my problem they made a mistake, not me. Lost me as a customer. Never again. I'm returning my purchase too.

Response from Judy E., Williams-Sonoma Representative
Hello Ashley,
I'm sorry to hear of this experience. I would like to look into this. I have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you.
loriet4
8/26/17

How could anyone complain about an online company that sells only the best and backs it up with the best customer service one could ask for? I have bought everything from their crossiants made in Paris to their pots and pans and cutlery and have never once been dissatisfied. During the holidays I often send my friends the pastries which are sent frozen (most are made overseas) and the thank you cards and calls I receive are so worth it. The croissants are better than the ones we can buy at any bakery (they come frozen you bake them yourself). I have bought their pans for gifts also. The home store is also fabulous. I adore WS. A favorite of mine. Never a let down.

Response from Judy E., Williams-Sonoma Representative
Hello Lorie,
Thank you so much for being a fan! Our croissants are just fabulous, and truly make a wonderful and thoughtful gift. We certainly appreciate your choosing to shop with us at Williams-Sonoma for your own home, and for those you love.

deborahc64
8/21/17

Everything I bought I received and it was all chef quality. Only two problems I have are you cannot get a hold of anybody at William Sonoma or manufacturers to get more info on a product and they do not offer auto pay.

Response from Judy E., Williams-Sonoma Representative
Hi Doborah, We're glad to hear you are happy with our products and would like to answer any questions you might have. Please check your private message for my contact information.
nancyh158
4/24/17

I ordered a smeg toaster on March 9th and still haven't received it. Called customer service five times and they each put in a request in to the vendor. The vendor never gets back to them so on April 24th I cancelled it. Very dissapointed with the delivery. Will buy some where else.

Response from Judy E., Williams-Sonoma Representative
Hi Nancy, I am so sorry to hear you had to cancel your order for the Smeg toaster. I would like to personally talk with you to see if we can turn this into a positive experience. Please check your private messages for my contact information.
kellyo24
12/28/16

Ordered several items for family members several days before Christmas, and while next day expedited shipping was available, thought that the three-day business shipping would get it to them on Christmas day or next day. Instead my tracking number indicates that my order was not delivered to UPS to ship until 26DEC, and will be lucky to even reach the family this YEAR. At this point I'm totally embarrassed by this fiasco and regret ordering from W-S.

jasmineb33
8/9/16

I order a cutting board from here. They delivered it on time and quality was okay according to price.

amyd68
6/20/16

They had what I needed when I needed it for my Kitchen. Kudos!!

melvinp8
5/21/16

High Quality items, but expect to pay for it. Look for sale discounts.

joelb55
5/1/16

I was a loyal customer for years and usually did most of my Christmas shopping on their website. After a couple of messed up orders that were far harder and longer to resolve than they should have been, I decided I could not trust them with my holiday shopping list.

kerryq
1/4/16

I ordered a turkey from W-S 3 weeks before Christmas. I had 12 people coming for dinner and received an email confirmation for 12/23. No Turkey. I got a call late (around 8:30) on the 23rd letting me know they had lost my turkey and did not know where it was. Actually they said it was UPS's fault but that they could no longer guarantee my delivery. I live on Martha's Vineyard. Finding a turkey for that many the day before Christmas was NOT going to happen. Anyway, they called me 10 mins later to say they thought they had found my turkey and that they were 99% sure it would arrive before noon on the 24th....NO TURKEY! Also, they close at noon on the 24th through the 26th so there was no one to answer my calls. Christmas comes and goes...no turkey. I defrosted some leftovers for my guests and we had some good sides!. Of course I am expecting to hear from this company with some sort of excuse AND an apology. SILENCE. They have not reached out at all, and I have called 3 times to complain. I want a written apology from this company and there needs to be some accountability.
So far there are 12 very underwhelmed people who are clear on the Williams Sonoma lack of service and reliability, and I will be sharing this story with anyone who will listen.
Just send me an apology people!

lorettab5
12/28/15

Sales clerks are very helpful and know their products. This was at Green Hills Mall in Nashville TN

johnp296
11/12/15

Ordered on 10/28, delayed to 11/5, 11/9, 11/17 all without and email or call. Agreed to expedite ship- never came. Told me it was cancelled because it was off policy. Never called or emailed to tell me. Still waiting for original order to ship even though they say it is no in stock. Enuf said!

susanp70
10/13/15

If you are willing to put int he effort, you can find many of the exact same things for much better prices.

navarror
10/5/15

Bought some kitchen knives recently. fast shipping, good cust service.

bryl1
8/29/15

I'm writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with William Sonoma. I signed up to get the 10% off + Free Shipping off my order and received the promo code in an email.

Upon entering the promo code, I discovered there's no difference in the discount provided compared to the Free Shipping (SHIP4FREE) discount code. See attachment.

How can 10% off + Free Shipping Discount = Free Shipping Discount? That makes NO sense.

If I had known that the 10% code would be worthless, I would not have jumped through hoops to provide my email address. And I will have to reconsider ever shopping with a company with deceptive marketing practices.

Questions? Get answers from the Williams-Sonoma staff and other customers.

Williams-Sonoma?