Review of WigsWay.co.uk

WigsWay.co.uk reviews

Room B, 8th Floor, Golden Bear Industrial Centre (Tsuen Wan West), Chai Wan Kok Street, Tsuen Wan
Hong Kong
Tel: 1465487415

80 reviews with 1 star

doloresf2
9/9/16

These sites are hair raising! (excuse the pun). They laugh all the way to the bank. Wig buyers need to savvy up and educate themselves more when it comes to legalities of a contract. It is not that hard. Once you familiarize yourself about Contracts and what to look out for, you should not be so easily misled or victimized. You must get yourself a Paypal Account. They will step in on your behalf to resolve a problem) If you are legally in the right and the Wig Site is not coming to the party, threaten them with contacting Paypal legal and you will see a different attitude. LASTLY I SAY TO THESE SITES, DON'T P*** ON MY BACK & TELL ME IT'S RAINING!

krisb43
5/30/16

Paid over 250 for a real human hair wig and got a synthetic mess that is not what I ordered.......can't get anyone to respond to my emails, can't get a phone number and it says you can chat with someone live, but you cannot. This is a scam!!!!! 5 days now trying to get someone to contact me and says you MAY get a full refund! I have ordered wigs form many sites, this one was the only one that will not respond and provide no service and no contact info. Would not order from here again.

sn179
5/4/16

customer service sucks ordered real hair wig they sent me something else not sure what it is said they will work with you then keep stringing you along with emails then finnally never answer you

cathym63
3/10/16

I received wig today which I ordered 2months ago. It is huge!!! Not the style or colour I ordered and totally inappropriate for a 66 year old. I have emailed them for an address to return the wig and I'm hoping for a full refund. It looks more like a wig you would see in a pantomime. I am disappointed and upset.

wendyi6
1/28/16

I ordered a wig for my mum , going by the photograph it was a perfect style and colour !
When it arrived it was nothing like what I had ordered .. At first they said I could return it for a refund then the e- mails started and went on and on .they had no intention of refunding the full amount !
Just £12 !!
Not a good company .

patriciad67
1/20/16

Thus site is absolute crap you cannot get your money back when the wig us nit fit for purpose

angelinac3
1/18/16

First of all the wig took nearly 2 months to arrive. When it finally did I was astonished at the terrible quality of the wig. The haircut was similar to a hedgehog, there were more grey hairs in the wig than I have myself and the sides were so high you could see my existing hair which obviously did not match. This business is a sham and I can see why it has so bad reviews on this sites. If only I had checked here first I would have avoided this mess. When I asked for a return they were not interested in offering one and only offering a discount on the next purchase. Why would I purchase this rubbish again? At £70 this is the biggest waste of money ever.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site for wigs

valerieg18
1/17/16

The wig I received after waiting 4 weeks was nothing like their picture or description, it is very poor quality, bad fit and looks more like a fancy dress wig. I have been trying to get a refund ever since, I have sent pictures to Lucy who appears to be Wigsway support she admitted it was not the same wig ordered. She makes ridiculous suggestions like giving the wig to a friend for a gift!! I have been offered £10,£15,£20 and now £25, I paid £70. I have reported this Co to Watchdog, Trading Standards and Rip Off. I thought I was dealing with a UK.co but they are operating from China, what a con!

julieb120
1/10/16

Terrible service - I wish had read these reviews before buying - took 6 weeks for the wig when they arrived they were defected and I'm having no join like everyone else getting a refund - Lucy seems to offer everyone the same £25-£35 ridiculous when you've soencer over £200 !!! Has anyone else managed to get their money back ?

jenniferw121
12/25/15

Rubbish quality wigs. Don't ever order from this company. You will lose your money.

gailw28
12/21/15

I, too, wish I had read the reviews before spending £131 on a wig from this company. I have been trying to return but Lucy keeps emailing me offering me £10, £25 but no return address. The wig has no shape or style and the colour is incorrect. I thought I was purchasing from a UK company - these people should be struck off. I am now issuing a complaint to paypal in the hope they can help. Please do not buy from Wigsway.

tracyb74
12/17/15

Wish I had read reviews about Wigsway before I purchased! I assumed it was a UK site which it was not. The wig took about 6 wigs to arrive, and when it did it was shocking! Didn`t look anything like the picture, it had big bald areas and was made of 2 different types of hair which were different in texture and colour. I`ve had better quality wigs from a fancy dress shop, its so bad it will have to go in the bin.
After contacting them I realised I would not get a refund and was offered £10 towards another wig! NO THANKS!

julieb103
12/11/15

The wig I bought was not the same as the picture and not the same as the description. They have apologized for this and have said they are using a new base and trying to improve their wigs.I cant use the wig as i integrate my own hair. They have offered less than half my money back, I am now fighting to get my money back. They are at fault for false advertising. Reading the reviews I wish Id know about this hopeless company. I will make it my aim to let other wig wears know through social media and hair loss sites about this SCAM of a site.
Cant believe they admit they are in the wrong however wont give a full refund. I will be seeking other advice to put a stop to this happening to others.

tammym43
12/9/15

Ordered a wig. Wrong wig arrived. Noticed it had a delivery label under mine for someone else. Contacted customer service who would not help at all. Luckily found the owner of the wig on Fb and have posted it to her. Thankfully she had ny wig. Shocking customer service. No offer of help in any way. I even sent pics as they asked me to!!! Would not order off them again. :(

lucindar4
12/2/15

I searched for a UK wig company and I believed I was buying from a UK company as their website is a .co.uk .

It arrived with a sender address in the UK.

It looked nothing like the image on the website, the colour, the texture and the styling. Complete Trash. I would not have bought this wig if I had seen a true image of it.

I am having problems getting a refund from PayPal as the Return address they want me to send it back to is in CHINA and it must be tracked. My total spend was £79 the cost to send it back will be about £50.

Wigsway offered a series of refunds starting at £10 and said keep the wig, would not supply a return address until pushed by PayPal. The refunds offered via email and not through paypal went up to £35 without having to send back the wig.

nikkim12
11/24/15

My msg to this dispicable company.....This is the messagei sent this god awful company!........sorry to those who have been completely ripped off......This has to be a joke. So after waiting 1 month apx to get my so called human hair wig to be made I get sent a wig that must have cost about 5 pounds to make. I payed almost 100 for it. IT'S NOT HUMAN HAIR, you have lied and taken my money and sent me a wig that is not the same as the one I had ordered it's not the same colour or stay. It's shiny ....thus means it's not human hair I do hair extensions for a living, I know the difference trust me. You art even in the UK! I've read all the reviews online his company is a scam and this is fraud. Ou may think you can just ignore my message like you have to hundreds others, but if I don't get a refund I will take all the appropriate steps to ensure that this diabolical company can no longer distribute its products. I shall notify PayPal too. I want my money back and when it is back in my bank you can have this dreadful wig back. I will not be leaving feedback nor will recommend this company to anyone. Mos of your costomers have alapesha or have lost their hair due to cancer treatment! You should be ashamed exploiting people who are already facing hardships it's utterly disgusting.

sarahs199
11/10/15

Avoid at all costs! They don't look like the pictures on the website and they are huge! Brought 2 wigs for my mum who has just lost her hair to chemo. They come 4 weeks later and it was a very much a w.t.f moment when looking at them for the 1st time... shiney and plastic looking one of them was frizzy and short and come over her ears it was that huge! Totaly vile! Anyway.... We emailed them and a lady called lucy with terrible English has been emailing us back for the last 2 weeks refusing to give there post address to send them back! Very unprofessional replies... trying to make my mum feel bad for sending them back!? Saying they will refund her 35 pounds and she can keep the wigs my mum has explained the wigs are too big for her head and look vile! Lucy then went on to send replies with "please think about it, it will cost you more money to ship them back, we are a small company and we will loose money on this" it's going to cost 18 pounds to send to honkong tracked and signed for.... They talk complete rubbish! My mum's now been on the phone to paypal and they are now investigating them! 201 pounds she spent on the wigs and a offer of 35 pounds! What a joke! Please don't buy from thesearch criminals ! Wish I'd seen these reviews before letting my mum purchase them!

tinytears
11/6/15

I had written a review before but for some reason it's not here anymore. A wee update. Paypal rejected my claim against the scammers for the reason that I had altered the wig by trying to dye it, which didn't work because it wasn't human hair so it wasn't altered it was just the same, testing showed it was synthetic which my claim was all about. I put in a complaint to Paypal for not getting my refund and a very nice guy called me today and Paypal are refunding me in full. I am not happy that Wigsway have got away with this though because Paypal had previously made their decision it can't be changed and they can't chase them for the money they should be paying.

My advice is if you are not happy with the wig don't accept their partial refund and I wouldn't return it because it will cost you around £50 postage. They claim to be in the UK on their website which they aren't. If Paypal decide in their favour or want the wig returned to the seller refuse because you have bought it on the premise they are based in the UK and not China I would refuse to return it unless the seller pays the return postage.

The more people that complain to Paypal the more chance this company has of being shut down. I've dealt with a lot of crappy sellers in the past but this one beats them hands down for being the crappiest.

dawns38
11/6/15

I got my refund eventually and I did not have to send back the horrible wig thanks to Paypal I'm glad I paid with pay pal because if it was not a PayPal I would have had to send back the week and be giving a partial refund not a full refund that is what they were asking for I was not happy with it so I took it further up with PayPal PayPal sorted out the problem with ease my advice to you is never buy anything on that website with a debit card always use your PayPal account

valeriep16
11/3/15

I ordered this wig in a blonde colour. When wig arrived - colour ok but totally wrong cut - where in the photo is quite short - wig I received is below chin length all round. Plus the biggest drawback is it is huge - I ordered average and even tying the back straps as far as possible the wig is loose. I contacted company to ask if they could amend the wig for a petite size. I receive response just telling me to tighten straps! I then asked for a refund - and was refused. This company offer NO after sales service. I will not be using them again and I would warn you to be very careful before sending your money to this company.

denisew31
10/31/15

Fraud crap items very unhappy total piece of rubbish, the wig is worth 50p. no response to my questions /complaints the wig is total total crap! how can this company be allowed to trade .smelt should have been petite some joke that was massive! looked like split ends do not buy from this company . anyone that's says they are good must never look at them selves in the mirror. NOT EVEN IN UK BUT WHEN ARRIVE IN UK ARE SENT VIA ROYAL MAIL AND THE WAIT IS BECAUSE THE ARE MAKING IT FOR YOU HA HA JOKE OR WHAT

elsier7
10/29/15

I did not except the wig went it arrived a month later, from the post office. Now my bank told me that the company Waysway.com wants proof I did not except package. I did not get a not except package slip. Now Wigsway want there money back, because they did not receive it. It took me a month waiting to get it, which I gave back to post office. Don't know what to do.

lauraw72
10/25/15

As an alopecia sufferer I ordered a 100% human hair Remy wig from Wigsway. It took three weeks to arrive and when it did, I was disgusted with it. There was no Remy trademarked identification with it whatsoever, no tag inside the wig to say it was Remy and no Remy box. The wig was completely different to what the picture on their website showed. It was hideous! I can only describe the texture as that of the mane of a My Little Pony! It was shiny and plasticky and the parting was sewn in SILVER GLITTERY thread! There is no address or telephone number for this company, however it is based in Hong Kong. Thankfully I paid by Paypal but I still have to pay the postage charge to return to Hong Kong. Please do NOT order from this company. They are selling fake and counterfeit wigs and taking advantage of people suffering from cancer and alopecia. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

cynthian6
10/23/15

Please don't be deceived by the immaculate display on this web site , it's a scum ,very deceitful information refrain from using it !Ordered a wig and when it arrived I was so disgusted , couldn't believe I have been robbed so openly, I wish I read the reviews before I placed an order. Pay pal should withdraw from doing bussiness with them!!!!!!

rubyh24
10/19/15

Absolutely disgusted with this supposed business. Ordered a full human hair wig and after a month of battling with them asking for tracking information, had to eventually go through paypal to get it, I received what can only be described as a synthetic party wig. I paid over a hundred pounds for the wig advertised on their site and what i received was worth less than a tenner. They, of course, refused to refund me straight away and insisted that it was a 'well made' wig and that i should keep it for occasions that call for synthetic wigs!!! They then offered me numerous partial refunds which i declined and reported to paypal. now, after 2 months i have finally received a refund from paypal but not the cost of returning the wig which was close to 50 pounds. Really disgusted, any positive reviews you may see about this site are fake and posted by members of the scamming company. Please avoid if you don't want to waste your money!!

I spent almost two months trying to get my refund from this company. Eventually I did. As far as I understand the law or England and Wales where this company say they are based, there has to be something like "misrepresentation " of the product for you to ask for a refund. I would wait and see if "What you ordered is what they deliver." if it is not, colourwise, materialwise etc....you are covered. This company need to be shut down.... They are scammers. I still want to go on LBC radio and tell everyone NOT to deal with them.

By Cynthia G.

I had lots of trouble with them,but Paypal were brilliant. They got all my money back

By liz p.

I agree with Fallon- the wig you receive will be nothing like the one on the website. You will most likely not be offered a refund and they will wear you down in 'customer services'. My advice is, if you paid by credit card is to raise a dispute with them- and the Credit Card provider will take over the stress for you. Good luck! Sharon

By Sharon B.

My complaint is for Wigsbuy they sent me the wrong color small instead of average not the style of hair do, they told me I could not send it back they told me to try to sell it to someone and they sent me back $25.00 and keep the wig I paid $173.00 this company is from China, I wish I could of gotten some info.before buying. The worse part of this is they are still showing wigs so that they can ripe of American. Hear me out get the hell out of our country sell them to your dirty people. Thank you for stealing my money you pigs.

By Carmen S.

They don't have a phone number.

By Stacie U.
Questions? Get answers from the WigsWay.co.uk staff and other customers.

3 Photos for WigsWay.co.uk