This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

WigsWay.co.uk

WigsWay.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.99 stars from 114 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. WigsWay.co.uk also ranks 134th among Wigs sites. The most common issues with WigsWay.co.uk are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• They won't give you a return address just offered £10 refund.
  • The quality is very poor and customer service is even worse.
How would you rate WigsWay.co.uk?

“Beautiful and natural looking!”

sam N.
1/27/16

I purchased this wig in color 14H, and it is by far the best wig I have ever gotten in my entire life! The wig is comfortable, looks completely natural, and my own hair color blends perfectly. I've received so many compliments in the last 24 hours, it's very refreshing! The wig was a little shiny at first, but I used a little dry shampoo and that did the trick to matte it down. I was afraid of going with blonde because I usually have very dark hair, but it looks great!

“WARNING!!!!”

KRIS B.
5/30/16

Paid over 250 for a real human hair wig and got a synthetic mess that is not what I ordered.......can't get anyone to respond to my emails, can't get a phone number and it says you can chat with someone live, but you cannot. This is a scam!!!!! 5 days now trying to get someone to contact me and says you MAY get a full refund! I have ordered wigs form many sites, this one was the only one that will not respond and provide no service and no contact info. Would not order from here again.

return address (9) customer service (11) hair wig (8) this company (37) refund (42) uk company (4) scam artists (3) paypal (24) 3 weeks (3)
krisb43
May 30th, 2016
wendyi6
January 28th, 2016
I ordered a wig for my mum , going by the photograph it was a perfect style and colour !
When it arrived it was nothing like what I had ordered .. At first they said I could return it for a refund then the e- mails started and went on and on .they had no intention of refunding the full amount !
Just £12 !!
Not a good company .
julieb120
January 10th, 2016
Terrible service - I wish had read these reviews before buying - took 6 weeks for the wig when they arrived they were defected and I'm having no join like everyone else getting a refund - Lucy seems to offer everyone the same £25-£35 ridiculous when you've soencer over £200 !!! Has anyone else managed to get their money back ?
brendaw39
October 7th, 2015
I ordered a wig, supposedly human hair. When it arrived it was a different colour, and not like any human hair I have ever seen. Cheap looking and not fit to wear. When I complained, after e mails back and forth for weeks I was eventually refunded £10. I am oap and out of pocket by £71 . Please do not even consider buying from these people, and the complimentary reviews, I think, are written by themselves.

Tip for consumers: I have deliberately not marked any stars because they are not worth any.

ng113
August 9th, 2015
These people are scum we ordered a wig for my mum who's lost hair because of chemo the wig that we got was awful bad color and style not the real hair it said and had the most awful smell. Now they are refusing to tell us how to return the item for a refund. Save your money do not use this company. Just wish we had researched them better but we taken in by the web page and its good reviews which are obviously fake.
stacej
June 26th, 2015
I do not want to get into the details of my dealings with this company as it has been going on for a while and it makes me very angry! Just do yourselves a favour and pay attention to title of this review. They have no intention of refunding people- they will offer you a ridiculous £20 for a wig that costs £200. Stay away from these crooks. Also, they are not based in the UK.
tammym43
December 9th, 2015
Ordered a wig. Wrong wig arrived. Noticed it had a delivery label under mine for someone else. Contacted customer service who would not help at all. Luckily found the owner of the wig on Fb and have posted it to her. Thankfully she had ny wig. Shocking customer service. No offer of help in any way. I even sent pics as they asked me to!!! Would not order off them again. :(
michellep43
February 25th, 2015
2 wigs ordered, 1 arrived of such poor quality-it was not the style/ name/ brand I have had before. Asked for return address and also not to bother to send other one. Was told will need to get hairdresser to cut to style. NEVER, I've been wearing wigs for 30years and only ever needed a long fringe cut.
NO REFUND, money back through PAYPAL
Oh and was told a fee would need to be paid since 2nd one no longer wanted
angelinac3
January 18th, 2016
First of all the wig took nearly 2 months to arrive. When it finally did I was astonished at the terrible quality of the wig. The haircut was similar to a hedgehog, there were more grey hairs in the wig than I have myself and the sides were so high you could see my existing hair which obviously did not match. This business is a sham and I can see why it has so bad reviews on this sites. If only I had checked here first I would have avoided this mess. When I asked for a return they were not interested in offering one and only offering a discount on the next purchase. Why would I purchase this rubbish again? At £70 this is the biggest waste of money ever.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site for wigs

cathyj10
April 17th, 2015
Please do not order from these crooks!!!!! My wig looked like something cousin it would wear, it was beyond horrible!!! I filed a claim through PayPal and they were going to make them refund my money all I had to do was ship it to CHINA and send a tracking number. I did everything and sent it through the United states post office. Wigsway said it was an invalid tracking number and Pay Pal closed the case without a refund. They are CROOKS!!!! Please don't waist your money!! Cathy J
gailw28
December 21st, 2015
I, too, wish I had read the reviews before spending £131 on a wig from this company. I have been trying to return but Lucy keeps emailing me offering me £10, £25 but no return address. The wig has no shape or style and the colour is incorrect. I thought I was purchasing from a UK company - these people should be struck off. I am now issuing a complaint to paypal in the hope they can help. Please do not buy from Wigsway.
valerieg18
January 17th, 2016
The wig I received after waiting 4 weeks was nothing like their picture or description, it is very poor quality, bad fit and looks more like a fancy dress wig. I have been trying to get a refund ever since, I have sent pictures to Lucy who appears to be Wigsway support she admitted it was not the same wig ordered. She makes ridiculous suggestions like giving the wig to a friend for a gift!! I have been offered £10,£15,£20 and now £25, I paid £70. I have reported this Co to Watchdog, Trading Standards and Rip Off. I thought I was dealing with a UK.co but they are operating from China, what a con!
gloriag15
June 30th, 2015
I ordered a wig and when it arrived it did not look good on me as the color and style did not work. When I wished to return it, they would not give me my money back but offered $15. when I had made a $150.00 purchase. I have exchanged 15 emails with them from sending photos of wig, seeking confirmation that they make returns as stated on the main web page.
They should not be on the internet!!!!
louiser28
August 24th, 2015
Do not buy from these! The wig which was ordered for me while I am undergoing chemotherapy was to match my natural hair colour and style. .... The wig which was delivered was NOTHING like what was ordered the colour length style everything was wrong! !
They protested in giving a refund and offered only £10 and said I would get used it!!
Very poor customer service
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY
azenorah
August 29th, 2015
Ordered wig for my sick sister after weeks it was sent, and then left somewhere on the street by shipping company and nobody wants to take responsibility. Customer care rubbish say they can't do nothing. So now I am out of pocket and no wig. Disgrace stay well away.
cathym63
March 10th, 2016
I received wig today which I ordered 2months ago. It is huge!!! Not the style or colour I ordered and totally inappropriate for a 66 year old. I have emailed them for an address to return the wig and I'm hoping for a full refund. It looks more like a wig you would see in a pantomime. I am disappointed and upset.
tracyb74
December 17th, 2015
Wish I had read reviews about Wigsway before I purchased! I assumed it was a UK site which it was not. The wig took about 6 wigs to arrive, and when it did it was shocking! Didn`t look anything like the picture, it had big bald areas and was made of 2 different types of hair which were different in texture and colour. I`ve had better quality wigs from a fancy dress shop, its so bad it will have to go in the bin.
After contacting them I realised I would not get a refund and was offered £10 towards another wig! NO THANKS!
alisonr11
November 13th, 2014
As the site is .Co.uk you think they're based in the UK but no they're in Hong Kong. The wigs are made up to look like the ones in the photos but they don't.
Poor quality wigs that don't match the style in the photo or right colour. They won't give you a return address just offered £10 refund. Legally you can claim the money back through your credit/debit card through misrepresentation, Sale of Goods Act and Distant selling regulations. Don't let them get away with the scam, go after them to get your money back if not satisfied.
fallond
May 7th, 2015
I bought a wig from this disgrace of a company. It was not what I ordered. The wig was frizzy, hair felt like dry straw and was so bushy that it is unwearable. Tried to return it. No way. A person by the name of Lucy (that's a laugh) kept asking me in pigeon english to do them a favour and wear it, because they spent a lot of time making it. The wig is a useless piece of garbage. They will not allow me to return it. CAUTION YOU BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. RATING IS -----000000.
dawns38
November 6th, 2015
I got my refund eventually and I did not have to send back the horrible wig thanks to Paypal I'm glad I paid with pay pal because if it was not a PayPal I would have had to send back the week and be giving a partial refund not a full refund that is what they were asking for I was not happy with it so I took it further up with PayPal PayPal sorted out the problem with ease my advice to you is never buy anything on that website with a debit card always use your PayPal account
stacieu
November 8th, 2014
DO NOT BUY FROM WIGSWAY! This is a scam. They send you horribly constructed wigs from China then only offer you 10% back. You will go back and forth with them and receive emails that don't make any sense. Any good reviews are fake. I have reported them to my credit card company. Look up reviews for Wigshow same exact scenario and probably the same company.
davida187
September 22nd, 2015
I did not see these reviews till after buying a wig for my wife my story is no different from the rest shocking
maureend6
September 4th, 2015
i repeat please do not purchase from this company. The wig you have chosen will not be the one that arrives.Extremely poor quality, thanks to pay pal I will be getting a refund, very poor answers from Lucy customer service indeed, if you are stuck with a wig and have used pay pal get onto pay pal, if you read this and are thinking of purchasing DONT
juliec33
November 20th, 2014
Don't buy a wig from these scam artists I paid £148.00 for a remy hair lace front long wig I received a short wig there emails to me don't make any sense, I have sent them pictures as requested by them and they told me to wash helloooo is that going to add 10 inches to it?

It's disgusting that they are doing this as most people that order wigs have alopecia or cancer I'm so upset I struggle to keep buying wigs as I have alopecia, and thought by spending more on a human hair wig it would last me longer it looks as if I won't get my money back.

Tip for consumers: Please stay away from this site

denisew31
October 31st, 2015
Fraud crap items very unhappy total piece of rubbish, the wig is worth 50p. no response to my questions /complaints the wig is total total crap! how can this company be allowed to trade .smelt should have been petite some joke that was massive! looked like split ends do not buy from this company . anyone that's says they are good must never look at them selves in the mirror. NOT EVEN IN UK BUT WHEN ARRIVE IN UK ARE SENT VIA ROYAL MAIL AND THE WAIT IS BECAUSE THE ARE MAKING IT FOR YOU HA HA JOKE OR WHAT

I spent almost two months trying to get my refund from this company. Eventually I did. As far as I understand the law or England and Wales where this company say they are based, there has to be something like "misrepresentation " of the product for you to ask for a refund. I would wait and see if "What you ordered is what they deliver." if it is not, colourwise, materialwise etc....you are covered. This company need to be shut down.... They are scammers. I still want to go on LBC radio and tell everyone NOT to deal with them.

By Cynthia G.