WebstaurantStore reviews

Tel: 717-392-7472
help@webstaurantstore.com

steveb916
4/22/19

This Morning I "Chatted" with a Chat bot until it escalated enough for a person to get involved, at least that was my perception. In the conversation with the Chat person...(keep in mind the reason it was a "chat" is because their phone number is not listed on their site) I asked the "chat' about that and they told me all I had to do was type in phone number in search window, so I did that and got parts to a phone so I modified my search and after 3 tries got a phone number to speak to a human!) Back to my complaint, THEY have NO Customer Service reasoning, I stated in the beginning that I MADE THE MISTAKE and ordered the WRONG ITEM! not trying lie or hide the fact. So they said they would be happy to return the item, with no mention of helping me find the correct item, so after several attempts to try and be reasonable with them, (of course they QUOTED the Company policy. We are an e-commerce business and that's why you get such great prices, we don't build returned item costs into or pricing structure) blah blah blah. I have on at least 3 different occasions received products from them that were damaged, untimely, or wrong products that were because of their mistake. Did I not give them the benefit of doubt and continue as a customer you bet I did....I guess it doesn't work the other way around. We got to the point they were going to email me a return item slip and, upon reviewing the receipt and costs involved!!! Well I will keep the item and sell it myself on EBAY OR AMAZON. Here are the numbers they sent me it cost me $20.40 to have it shipped to me....but they want to charge me $56.73 to send it back where it came from???? Two and a half times the original shipping costs to return it????? they want to charge me a 20 % "restocking FEE" what so they can put it back on the shelve, only to sell it to someone else for the same price or more than I already paid for it?????. AND here is where I got really wound up in the return receipt, they didn't return my sales tax....they kept it....when I called to discuss after I found the Customer Service phone Number they said "I'll make the adjustment on the return slip" what if I hadnt caught the sales tax not returned? would they have kept it? or would they have given it to the Gov't? WELL THE DID offer to only a 10% restocking fee AFTER I BROUGHT THEIR MISTAKE TO THEM (I guess I was supposed to be excited about that)....but still charge me 2.5 times the price to ship it back to the same place it came from....because you and I know Webstaurantstore does'nt warehouse the items they sell so I wonder where the additional shipping costs are going. So here we are They were really prompt about cancelling my return receipt, much faster than sending it. I told them They have there policies I have Mine....MIne is when you mess up you apologize and ask for forgiveness, that's what I did and it got me NOWHERE. Their policy is "this is an e-commerce business you get great prices and when there is a mistake TOO BAD that's why you get great PRICES" Steve B. not anonymous

danielleb208
4/20/19

This is great for business or personal use!! Great prices & Fast shipping! I will definitely be using webstaurant store again!!!!

tunesias
4/19/19

Quick service, I will order again. The product is exactly what I expected. And serves is purpose for my needs

abulk6
4/17/19

I order something it was wrong I returned it. But they are not returned my money back almost two manth be careful with them

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Abul. I am sorry to hear that you were not refunded for your return! When we set up a standard return, there is a 20-30% restocking fee and you are responsible for the cost of the return shipping. Once we receive a return back to our warehouse, it does take about 1-2 weeks for our returns team to issue the refund to you.

I can look into this situation further with you, but I am unable to locate your order without your order number, email address or information used to place your order but if this issue is still ongoing, please reach out to us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com and put it to the attention of Emily A.
sarahb652
4/14/19

I love the variety offered!! Shopping is easy, Shipping is pricey though. I can't wait to see what other neat items I can find (when I can afford to ship them)

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Sarah! I am happy to hear that you have had a good experience on our site! Since we do not absorb shipping costs into our wholesale prices, we do charge the full shipping charge for each order. These charges are calculated based on the weight, dimensions, and distance the order is traveling. Usually the more you purchase at one time, the better your shipping cost will be per item. It is also more cost-effective to ship to a business as shipping rates are lower to commercial addresses.

cindiar1
4/13/19

It was easy to navigate the only down side is that the shipping and handling was over 50% of my purchase meaning that was almost as much as my total, my total was $20.88 and the regular delivery was $14.16, that's a lot

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review Cindia. I am happy to hear that you found it easy to navigate our site. We do our best to offer the lowest prices possible per item. One way we do that is to not include the shipping cost into the prices of our products. As a result, we do charge the full shipping cost on each of our orders. It is our hope that we offer a low enough price on our items to still offer a competitive total price, even with the shipping cost included.

dawnp141
4/12/19

I wish I had believed the negative reviews of this company not backing its products. Be forewarned that if you have any trouble they don't back the products. I purchased a faucet for the sprayer option that I needed/wanted in my Laundry room. It leaked and we just needed a inner replacement piece and they said the we breached the warranty since it was for residential use and would not assist us further. All we wanted was a replacement piece not a new faucet. They were dismissive and just told me to call a plumber.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Dawn. I am sorry to hear that a part of your faucet was not working properly and leaked! The reason why we were unable to offer replacement parts is that the manufacturer states in their warranty that they "assume no liability for parts or labor coverage for component failure or other damages resulting from installation in non-commercial or residential applications". This information is noted on the faucet's page within the "Resources and Downloads" section on the right-hand side.

In situations such as these, we would recommend reaching out to a plumber to see if they can either replace the part or confirm what part is damaged so that we can provide a link to the replacement part on our site for purchase.

If you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com.
cherishb1
4/10/19

If you buy something you better hope you don't have to return it. They have to contact the manufacturer to make sure that you can return the product then you have to pay a restocking fee. I'm still waiting after 2 weeks and 5 phone calls to the webstaurant store to get approval to return the product. I called the manufacturer myself and they said yeah no problem we take returns but I have to go through the webstaurant store since I ordered it there.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Cherish. I am sorry to hear that is has been an issue creating a manufacturer return! When items that originally shipped from the manufacturer have to be returned, we do need their approval and return information in order to set the return up in our system.

silviag21
4/7/19

Very easy to order what I was looking for. I looked at other sites and I found that you had what I was looking for and a very reasonable price.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Silvia! I am happy to hear that our site was easy to navigate and that you were able to find what you were looking for at a great price!

elisias
4/7/19

I hope they read the text and only send me the mop bucket and not the whole item all over again and charge me for it then I'll give my final review

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Elisia. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your mop bucket! I can look into this situation further with you, but I am unable to locate your order without your order number, email address or information used to place your order but if this issue is still ongoing, please reach out to us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com and put it to the attention of Emily.
darlenek47
4/7/19

I've purchased a wood top work table. It took 7 days before it shipped, but I was happy to get and email, FINALLY that it had shipped. The email CLEARLY STATED there would be no phone calls prior to delivery, so I waited, and waited, and waited. When the item never arrived I checked my emails again. I found an email that said the carrier was unable to contact me by PHONE so the item was returned!!!! WHAT?! they said there would be no calls before delivery! AND the number they stated they called I haven't had in over a decade! I didn't give that number so where did they get it? Well, I payed with paypal, and apparently THAT'S where they got it. They asked a THIRD party for MY information! Then said it was MY FAULT! I paid $495 for the table, after the return fee, restocking fee AND taxes on all of it, I got $194 back!!!!! I have serious doubts the table was ever shipped. THIEVES! After reading several reviews online, it seems this is a common occurrence with WEBSTAURANTSTORE. I should have investigated before making a purchase.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Darlene. When an order is placed with PayPal, you sign in and confirm that the information that is pulled from logging into PayPal is correct on the "Review and Payment" page before placing the order through our site. Once the order ships, we do send an email with tracking information so that you can be aware of when it is estimated to arrive to you. I am sorry to hear that there seems to be miscommunication on the delivery and that it was returned.

ashleyr249
4/4/19

It is very easy to browse and find the items I was looking for. The prices seem reasonable and there are a variety of items to choose from.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Ashley! I am happy to hear that our site was easy to navigate and that you were able to find what you were looking for!

aprilc118
3/30/19

Great prices on the glass products in it would have been a five star rating if the shipping options were better, cost me just as much to ship as an actual product itself. Overall though, this is the second time I'm ordering from here and very happy with the product.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your view, April! I am happy to hear that your overall experience with us was positive!

Since we do our best to offer the lowest prices possible per item, we do that is to not include the shipping cost into the prices of our products. As a result, we do charge the full shipping cost on each of our orders. It is our hope that we offer a low enough price on our items to still offer a competitive total price, even with the shipping cost included.

qixoticp
3/29/19

By the time they deducted 30% restock and shipping I got back less than 1/2 of the money on an unopened product. Never do business with them.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Qixotic.The reason that we charge a restocking fee is to keep costs, and ultimately our prices, down for our customers. When you buy from a company that has no restocking fees, you pay for returns that the company handles, indirectly, through higher prices. There are a lot of costs associated with processing an order, as well as returning an order. Most companies do build it into their initial pricing, but we try to charge it only when it is needed.

kekor
3/29/19

I have it the highest score although I placed a coupon code in and it took the code put didn't apply a discount.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Keko! We appreciate your positive feedback, but I am sorry to hear that you had issues with the coupon. All of the coupons that we offer are item specific, meaning that not all items will be reduced in price with a single code. For our current coupon codes please visit our blog by following this link: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/blog/. Here you will find all of our monthly deals. It will also give you the option to enter your email address so you can automatically receive coupons every week! If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com.
laurae160
3/26/19

I have photos of the sugar I have ordered from them before and the sugar I received it was raw coarse grade sugar with lots of molasses flavoring and nice big chunks of sugar. This order I received fine grade hardly any molasses flavor and its like dust. I was told what is shown below and that is completely outrageous I didn't pay $70 for 50lbs of sugar dust I paid for raw sugar that was shown in the photo.

I have confirmed with the manufacturer's quality team that raw sugar is 100% natural and can have variations in appearance because of that. To get a completely uniform appearance between each batch it would need to be more heavily processed like normal sugar is.

Because of their answer, we believe that you have received the correct item.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Laura. I am sorry to hear that you received a product that you are unhappy with and does not fit your need. Since this is raw sugar, it can vary from batch to batch since each crop could encounter different growing environments. I can look into this situation further with you, but I am unable to locate your order without your order number, email address or information used to place your order but if this issue is still ongoing, please reach out to us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com and put it to the attention of Emily.
dawnm299
3/25/19

I have been on so many websites looking for items and this is, by far, one of the best and easier sites to find items. I love the items I have already received and I plan to do more shopping here.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Dawn! I am happy to hear that you were able to find the products that you were looking for on our site! If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com.
joeym84
3/21/19

Disaster of a company with a customer service department lacking competence and service skills. Will go back to local company to place orders.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Joey. I am sorry to hear that your experience with our customer service was not positive. I am unable to locate your order without your order number, email address or information used to place your order but if this issue is still ongoing, please reach out to us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com and put it to the attention of Emily.
jasonk283
3/21/19

So far so good, haven't received but just ordered so will let you know how well it works. If it works will use again and again

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Jason! Thank you very much for your recent purchase and kind words! We truly appreciate your business and positive feedback. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com.
joannej50
3/20/19

I ordered 1.75 gallon mason jar type dispensers for our Jack and Jill bridal shower. I haven't received my items yet but ordering was 1 2 3 . Looking forward to receiving my purchase.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Joanne! I am happy to hear that the ordering process was simple and easy. We truly appreciate your business and positive feedback. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com.
maricelar4
3/18/19

I own a snow cone stand and I always order my supplies from this company... service is dependable and delivery is always fast

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Maricela. I am happy to hear that we are able to provide the supplies that you need in order to run your snow cone stand. We truly appreciate your business and positive feedback. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com.
lisak396
3/15/19

I ordered lids for 16 oz Solo cups I already had- the product description said Dart Solo UltraClearv662TP 9, 12, 16, 20 and 22oz. Clear No Slot Lid'. They did not fit the 16oz Solo cups I had. Had to do an online chat with a rep because they don't put their phone number anywhere on the website. She said I was supposed to click on the button below the photo titled You May Also Need' where it has a vague caveat about the cups only working on certain cups.
She said I could return the unopened packages for a refund but I would have to pay for shipping plus a 30% restocking fee. I tried to review the product on their website (just warning other buyers to beware that the lids don't fit al the sizes stated in the product title- but it says the review I wrote would need to be reviewed by Webstaurant before it is posted. I'm 99.9% certain my comments won't be posted. No wonder there were only 5 star reviews for the product! I can't believe I was the only one who was mislead by the product description.

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Lisa. Since cups and lids can vary in diameter from one brand to another as well as within a single brand, we usually direct you to use the "You May Also Need" section in order confirm compatibility. This usually works best if you have the model number of the cup and search that on our site, then from there, the "You May Also Need" section can be used to view all the compatible lids.

Our phone number is not readily available on the site since we are an online wholesaler. We like to encourage our customers to reach out to us through the website via live chat or email. If you would still rather talk to us over the phone, our number can be found when going through the checkout process.

In order to have a written review posted on the site, we do require it be at least two sentences long, contain a minimum of 25 words, and provide helpful information about the product for other customers. We do review all reviews that are left for a product to make sure what is posted is helpful for potential purchasers of the product.

I am unable to locate your order without your account information or email address but if this issue is still ongoing, please reach out to us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com and put it to the attention of Emily A.
beckyl65
3/15/19

I bought a $16,00 replacement part and they charged $21 to ship it!!! No adjustment possible according to customer service - Right!!!???

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Becky. We do our best to offer the lowest prices possible per item. One way we do that is to not include the shipping cost into the prices of our products. As a result, we do charge the full shipping cost on each of our orders. It is our hope that we offer a low enough price on our items to still offer a competitive total price, even with the shipping cost included.

Since we are a site that specializes in bulk ordering, you will find the best shipping value by placing a larger order. In my experience, I have found that we usually have the best and lowest overall pricing compared to our competitors.

sharona301
3/14/19

Easy to shop website. Will shop here again. Use items at a wedding a love it. Reason I use and will use again

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, Sharon. I'm happy to hear that our website was able to assist you with your wedding needs! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com.
myl10
3/14/19

Shipping is already overpriced so if you have problem with your item you have to pay for shipping to return it. I bought some containers and also bought lids that go along with them. Well, the lids don't fit the containers. I contacted them and they sent replacement lids that still didnt fit. THey offered to refund for the lids but not for the containers. What am i supposed to do with the containers without the lids? They're useless. They shouldn't be selling the two items if they dont fit. At this point I really don't care anymore. Will not buy from them again! Stay away!!

Response from Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Thank you for your review, My I. I am sorry to hear that you had issues with the lids not fitting the containers that you had purchased! The reason that we charge a restocking fee is to keep costs, and ultimately our prices, down for our customers. When you buy from a company that has no restocking fees, you pay for returns that the company handles, indirectly, through higher prices. There are a lot of costs associated with processing an order, as well as returning an order. Most companies do build it into their initial pricing, but we try to charge it only when it is needed.

In order to return items to us they do have to be unused, in their original packaging, and free from damage. If this was not the case with the containers, that could be the reason why we were unable to return.

Thank you for your question, Len. We do our best to offer the lowest prices possible per item. One way we do that is to not include the shipping cost into the prices of our products. As a result, we do charge the full shipping cost on each of our orders. It is our hope that we offer a low enough price on our items to still offer a competitive total price, even with the shipping cost included. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com. Thank you for your response, Giusel. I'm sorry that your orders have arrived damaged. Our warehouses do package each shipment with care to ensure that your items arrive intact and undamaged. However, there is still a small chance of accidents occurring in transit. If you experience any issues with your order upon delivery, please let us know as soon as possible and we will get this resolved for you. I am unable to locate your order without your order number, email address or information used to place your order but if this issue is still ongoing, please reach out to us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com.

By Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative

Thank you so much for your question, Darlene! We do not sell our products under any other name on the internet. If you have any questions about purchasing, please reach out to Help@WebstaurantStore.com or our chat service.

By Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative

Thank you for your question, Kimberly. Returns through a manufacturer depend on the response from the manufacturer. This may delay the process. For us to be able to help, you will need to contact us directly on our website. I am unable to locate your order without your order number, email address or information used to place your order but if this issue is still ongoing, please reach out to us at Help@WebstaurantStore.com.

By Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative

Thank you for your question, Frank. You do not need a membership to buy from our website. You are able to purchase for residential use. Many of our items are commercial-grade and are not able to be used residentially, so please make sure to check item details and warranties to ensure you're purchasing the right products. If you have any questions about what you're purchasing, please reach out to Help@WebstaurantStore.com or our chat service.

By Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative

Thank you for your question, Nancy. All of our products are new, we do not sell used equipment. If you have any more questions or concerns, please reach out to Help@WebstaurantStore.com.

By Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative

Thank you for your question, Jay. We are an online-only business and we do not have any physical locations outside of our warehouses and customer solutions centers. If you have any other questions, please reach out to Help@WebstaurantStore.com.

By Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative

Thank you for your question, Frieda. Torani does not contain alcohol. You can see the ingredient list right on the item's web page under "Resources and Downloads." If you have any other questions, please reach out to Help@WebstaurantStore.com.

By Emily A., WebstaurantStore Representative
Questions? Get answers from the WebstaurantStore staff and other customers.

17 Photos for WebstaurantStore