Review of KaTom

Tel: 1-800-541-8683
info@katom.com

jims723
5/22/19

Disappointed with the quality of service of Katom. Ordered thousands of dollars' worth of kitchen equipment for multiple projects at our public school. Had to call about the same shelving order three times since it came in damaged, and was told they are not shipping any more replacements - well, we are not accepting damaged goods regardless of how many times you ship it.
The latest issue was a sink. Waited two months, no delivery. Called, and a month later received a damaged sink. Shipped a replacement, visual inspection indicated no issues - but it was nailed down in a wooden crate. Opened it up about two months later to find hidden damage - and Katom's response was basically "too bad, your fault for not looking closer". Unacceptable! We are a repeat customer and multiple issues means a customer no more. Saving a couple bucks by purchasing from Katom isn't worth it in the long-run. Purchase from a vendor who respects you as a quality, repeat customer. I will be sure to share my experiences with my counterparts across the state . . . stay away from Katom as they don't stand behind their products.

wanis1
5/20/19

Order over $2,500 worth of items for my restaurant, 3 weeks in advance wanting to make sure I got everything in before our grand opening date. They stated on their site 3-5 business day shipping. THEY LIED! To this date, I still have NOT YET received all the items I ordered, parts were damaged on one of the item looked used and refurbished. Their return policy makes it difficulty to return big equipment order, that they messed up, back to them. Cannot get a straight answer from them. I'm so pissed off with that company. They are a third party middle man ordering company. Stay AWAY FROM THEM.

Tip for consumers: Just DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, ITS A THIRD PARTY ORDERING SYSTEM. It's not factory direct. Use Webstaurant Store. They are factory direct and they do ship within 2-3 days, even if you placed your order on a friday, you will recieved it on Monday. Regretting that I went with this foolish company.

deanc95
5/10/19

I ordered a $350 item, but they kept claiming that my purchase was "flagged for verification".

At their REPEATED request, I did send them pics of my ID and passport, as
well as my credit card, with important info obscured, but REFUSED to
send ANY "screenshot" of my online banking.

They kept insisting that I send them SCREENSHOTS OF MY ONLINE BANKING!!!

Are you KIDDING ME?

I did send them pics of my ID and passport, as well as my credit card,
with important info obscured, but REFUSED to send ANY "screenshot" of my
online banking.

So I re-ordered the item, on their online system, using another credit card, and they again insisted on screenshots of my online banking.I told them to cancel both
orders...

THEN they told me to "disregard" the charges on my credit card, as they were only "pre-authorizations".

Sorry, but doesn't a "pre-authorization mean that MY credit card company is willing to send them the money for the final purchase amount? WTF?

I wouldn't touch this company with a 10' pole.I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were prosecuted for something or other.

paulv156
5/8/19

I purchased 4 Epicurean chopping boards from them and was notified that my order would be received by May 8th. A package arrived on May 7th but with only 1 chopping board. When I enquired about the rest of the order I was told that those boards were on back order and they estimated that they would take another month for me to receive them!! Put me in a bad situation as the boards were purchased as a birthday present for someone on May 10th and I will not have enough time to order them from another supplier at this point. Online sales companies always inform you of a backorder situation at the time of placing the order or shortly thereafter when they prepare your order for shipment. It should not be a surprise when you receive a partial shipment of your order!!
Will never do business with these clowns again.

au25
4/29/19

Placed an order with a 4-8 day timeframe, KaTom said it takes 3 weeks before shipping the order. Yes, you read that right 3 weeks. The rep on the phone says that's standard procedure.
**UPDATE***
I ordered a product which was never shipped. After 10 days I was only told it was on an backorder, thats only after calling and emailing. Than Katom extended the backorder another 30 days. This company is not reliable and very much illegitimate. They list many products on their website that they do not physically carry and therefore you are at the whim of their customer service. If you call too often they transfer you to a voicemail system and stop answering with a human. I was forced to dispute the charge. Not a good company to deal with. Stay away and fine the product at a honest and legitimate company. Such a sham.

manhp1
4/21/19

I bought a steamer from them with a price of $1860, after I got it, yhere were there shelves missing. Moreover, after 2 days using. Its rusty on the diffuser tray ... I can not return it, because I already used.
Do not buy any product from this company, they are trying to steal your money!

courtneyl72
3/15/19

It's obvious in reading other reviews that this company either doesn't care, or is clueless on customer service. The nonchalant way their service department handles customer issues is embarrassing. I hope as these complaints take a toll on their declining business and bottom line that someone in a management capacity will do something to fix the issue. Not only did I not receive the correct item, but took 7 weeks to get a return label after having to prove I received the wrong item in the first place. Then was asked if I would STILL like the correct item shipped out or a credit. I responded an hour and a half later I STILL wanted my item only to receive an email the following day saying they "already " sent my order for credit to the credit department! I won't name here the person I was dealing with in the returns department , but she either needs coaching or perhaps a different line of work. Either way, I'm not expecting to see my credit for another 6-8 weeks now as well. Can't wait to share my experience with my fellow hospitality network.

Response from KaTom R., KaTom Representative
Hello Courtney. I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experience. This review has been sent to our customer service manager, Birdie. Please call her at 800-541-8683 so she can help resolve the problem and get your credit issued as soon as possible. Thank you.
margaretg160
1/29/19

I'm an avid online shopper and thought when I saw the dishes that I have been searching for where being sold on this site, I just ordered them.....MISTAKE!! They blame the manufacturer and the manufacturer doesn't respond so I'm out of luck getting my $132 back! These dishes weren't the quality I came to expect from Syracuse China and they wouldn't take them back! They SUCK! Wanted to charge me for shipping them back AND a 25% RESTOCKING FEE! That just bull$#*!! It would cost me more to send them back! NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY FROM EITHER COMPANY!!

Tip for consumers: CHECK THE RETURNS POLICY. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE QUALITY YOUR STUCK!!

margaretb272
12/20/18

I ordered 3 copper saucepans the first week of November. I received confirmation of the order. Shortly thereafter, I was informed that 2 of them were on back order but promised the following week or so. I began to regularly call customer service weekly to learn status since these were to be Thanksgiving gifts. I kept being told 'next week'. Then they started telling me they were now in the warehouse and would be sent out. It is now Dec 20th and despite being promised that they would be sent out on a "hot rush" this past Monday (Dec 17), I just got off with customer service and they say they are in the warehouse and will go out today. I don't believe that for a second. And while Katom website offers a huge warehouse of kitchen supplies, this one experience has driven me insane. Never again!!!

joshuaa17
12/4/18

I ordered new glasses for Thanksgiving this year. Before ordering, I spoke at length with a sales associate and specifically asked how they package glasses, since shipping companies are notoriously harsh on handling shipments. He assured me that not only are they packaged really well, but if anything goes wrong they will make it right.

Well, exactly what I feared would happen, happened. The glasses weren't packaged well, and they arrived broken into a million pieces, and upon opening the box, glass started spilling all over my floor (not too good with kids and dogs around). We immediately took photos, called the company, and that's where all the problems with this company began.

I spoke with Destanie, the supervisor of the entire "customer service" department and beyond being incredibly rude to us, told us that we would have to wait for UPS to come and inspect the packages before they would ship replacements. I explained that there was no way I was keeping a box full of broken glass in my home with kids and dogs around and she finally told me to take extensive photos (which I already had) and e-mail them to her. At that point, she instructed us to to dispose of the glasses. She still refused to ship any replacements, stating that she had to "abide by company policy", but would get on filing a claim with the shipper first thing in the morning and once that had been filed, she would issue our refund so we could go elsewhere.

I tried following up with Destanie via phone but she would never answer, and no one at the company could ever find her. I did send her a few e-mails and she finally responded when I threatened to file a chargeback with my credit card company. Unfortunately, her response was a warning to me about how my credit card would be closed if I filed a chargeback (completely untrue). After reading that, I called my card company, filed a dispute, and of course I am still waiting for that to be resolved.

It is now Dec 4th, and I just received an e-mail from someone named Amanda, who told us that UPS had tried "multiple times" to schedule an inspection with us but we did not respond. Let's be very clear. At no time did UPS ever try to schedule an inspection with us, and anytime there was any communication, we responded immediately. UPS did show up out of the blue one day with a call tag to pickup the shipment, but we explained that we were instructed to dispose of the broken glass and had submitted photos to the seller. They said no problem and left. That was our only communication with UPS.

To date, no refund, and only an e-mail stating that "our claim had been closed" due to our lack of response. I am out $172 and have nothing but wasted time and a bunch of broken glass I had to clean up to show for it.

On another note, we just looked up reviews on this company and it turns out we're not the only ones this has happened to. I can't understand how this company is still in business, or who is purchasing from them. RUN FAR AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE CROOKS AND LIARS.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this website, nor order anything from this company

leonap10
10/4/18

I placed a small order online. Delivery was very prompt. But unfortunately I ordered the wrong size skillet. I called them immediately, expecting a smooth exchange. Wrong! After restocking fees and paying return postage, I was going to have 3 or 4 times the value of the item invested in this transaction. Don't be lured by low prices! Buyer beware!

jamesh1045
9/22/18

ordered a dozen dishes,2 arrived damaged,Katom said not our fault,it is the factory>
asked for pics so they file claim with UPS and got the money but never ship my replacement.
Ihave to go to my credit card to slap them with chargeback,it has been 2 months now.
numerous emails either no reponse or promise never kept ,
will be dancing on their grave soon

janej113
9/5/18

Their return process is insane. Please dont buy anything from this site. They are just middlemen who sells third party products. If you want some problems for yourself then please go ahead and deal with them

hectorm73
7/20/18

do not purchase from this company. Packages get lost, items needed not delivered. Had to make four phone calls to the service department. Difficult if not impossible to get your refund back.

mikek375
7/20/18

Birdie from KaTom Talked to me today and we resolved the problems in between and I got my money back it was just a confusing situation.
Hope everything will be alright from now on.

mikek374
7/18/18
• Updated review

In spite of talking, e-mailing, messaging, you name it 50 times they have been ignoring me and have never refunded me my US$329.40 that I sent them for an order 3 months ago and I have never received my order nor my full money back they only sent me 10% of my total money. It is insane. Is there any organization can stop this troubling company and put them out of business, look the reviews customers have been suffering from this non sense distributor. Cheaters!!!

Tip for consumers: Please stay away from this company. it is a time wasting to deal with them, but I will never stop till I get my $329.40 back!!!!!!

“Awful, terrible, not honest, shameful organization”
7/17/18
• Previous review

Please stay away with this wrong organization. They take your money and they do not give you anything and make stories and just give you 10% of your money back with no delivery whatsoever. I ordered $329.40 Glassware I did not received my order, but I only got $35 back. It is insane. This company must go out of business as customers
have been suffering!!!!

josephs505
6/26/18

Stay away from this company! They do not stand behind their products. We ordered an ice maker and it was delivered damaged. Because we didn't open the box in front of the delivery truck, they would not help us in any way. We now have to try to process a claim through the shipping company. Buy from anywhere except here!

joew234
6/25/18

I would strongly advise any serious consumer to stay away from this place, even if their prices might look good. Honestly I am a regular at Webstrauntstore.com and I was always skeptical of this place, but I figured I'd give them a try this time because they were substantially cheaper than Webstraunt. Boy did I make a BIG mistake! I wished I looked at these reviews earlier. I placed my order in early May for an oven which had a MINOR configuration to it, so it was classified under "special order" (which I am fine with). Basically, they claimed that I can place the order with them and they send the order in to the manufacturer. Okay, so when I placed my order the sales rep asked me if I was OK with a 17 day lead time. At the time, in May, I was completely fine with that. What can be so bad with a three week lead time? Or at least so I thought. It's been over a month now and I have not received any information regarding my order. So I called Katom last week inquiring about my order, and they informed me how my order is on it's way... "it should be there by the end of the week", he said. Well, guess what - I still have not received my order! Here we go again. I called Katom again and asked about my order they said it's in their warehouse and it's due to ship within a day or two, but, she added "I will get you the tracking info by the end of the day". The end of the day came. And went. NO tracking info. So I called again, now they say that my order has not even been placed!!! How crazy/insane can you be, Katom??? It's over a month since I placed my order - what's going on here??? Why can't you get your act together? Why is heaven's name does it take over a month to submit the order to a manufacturer? Not to mention all of the lies I was told over the phone that my order is in the warehouse... arriving soon... (forgot to mention- They did offer to "compensate" me to waive the $45 lift-gate fee... What a joke!!!) Only thing I can say is that I will NEVER EVER BE GOING BACK HERE!!!

tw110
6/13/18

PLACED AN ORDER FOR ALMOST $900, IN FEB. WAS TOLD ITEM WAS ON BACK ORDER AND WILL SHIP IN APRIL.... HERE IT IS JUNE AND IM JUST FINDING OUT AND ONLY BECAUSE I CALLED THAT THE ITEM WAS DISCONTINUED IN MAY.......BAD BUSINESS!

calliel5
1/10/18

Boy, wish I read their reviews before giving them my money. Shame on me! Terrible company to work with. Do yourself a favor and shop pretty much anywhere else. First, just because the website says it's in stock and will ship in 1-3 days. That's not accurate. It actually takes over a month to get the product. This not only happened once but it happened twice. I figured the first time was just a fluke. Nope. After my issue and reading the other reviews, apparently this how they do business. And don't bother needing to return something. I was charged $70 to return an item that was only $109. This company is horrific and if I could give them zero stars I would.

keithb116
10/12/17

This company has very poor customer service as well as several inefficiencies when meeting customer demands.I will suggest boycotting this company especially if there's need of urgent feedback or promp delivery .

lees229
9/3/17

Usually I read the ratings of vendors before purchasing from them. This time I knew the product line and was comfortable with it. But when the Lodge Cast Iron pan arrived with defects, I called customer service. They asked for photos and I accommodated them, They said that they would ship me a replacement and have a will call for the defective piece, Never happened! They want me to do all the work with Lodge. Next time I buy from Wal-Mart, a few bucks more, But no issues with returns.

andrewt110
5/16/17

I have ordered items on 3 occasions and have been pleased every time. I understand others have not had such a pleasant experience and that is unfortunate. I also visited the store in Tennessee and for all the cooking enthusiasts out there, if you are in the vicinity this is one of the nicest stores of its kind I have seen anywhere. I have read some of the reviews and they are unjustified. Industrial ovens, like any other piece of industrial equipment arrives in a crate, and often must be wired, to code, by a qualified electrician. It is unfair to blame the vendor for one's own misunderstanding.

Response from KaTom R., KaTom Representative
Hi Andrew! We truly appreciate your business and your feedback. Hope to see you at the store again soon!
sharonh119
5/12/17

Read the fine print of the fine print. Shelving arrived damaged, they want you to completely unpack the item while the driver is standing there and inspect the item, otherwise you won't get your money back except maybe 1/3 of it from the delivery company, and you don't get your shipping fee returned either.

Response from KaTom R., KaTom Representative
Hi Sharon. Sorry to hear that you received damaged items. I spoke to our customer care department and they said they have been working with you to resolve your issue. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at cs@katom.com. Thank you.
lina202
4/5/17

This is a joke! Don't ever buy from this company. I should made a research first. Made from China, the griddle stinks with gooey sticky smell like glue with toxic oil on top and the plastic was sticking into it; I was trying to return the griddle. They make too many excuses not to return your money.They send you an email that does not have any attachment for the address and then you have to return the product within 15 days. There's not even attachment in the email. A bunch of scam bugs! I will make a good review if they will return my money and take care of my business.

Very simple. They take orders with full payment and do not ship the products. They follow it up with ignoring emails and transferring phone calls to a voicemail service that does not get returned.

By A U.

Steve, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business. We know shipping issues, whether changes of projected delivery dates or products not arriving as expected, are significant for our customers. As such, we work with our vendors and the shipping companies we partner with to continually improve the service we're able to provide. Additionally, we use actual ship-time data to keep our estimates as up-to-date as possible. Thank you again for your question. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again here or by calling one of our helpful customer service agents at 1-800-541-8683 if we can provide other information to win your trust.

By KaTom R., KaTom Representative

Questions? Get answers from the KaTom staff and other customers.

2 Photos for KaTom