Review of KaTom

Tel: 1-800-541-8683
info@katom.com

margaretg160
1/29/19

I'm an avid online shopper and thought when I saw the dishes that I have been searching for where being sold on this site, I just ordered them.....MISTAKE!! They blame the manufacturer and the manufacturer doesn't respond so I'm out of luck getting my $132 back! These dishes weren't the quality I came to expect from Syracuse China and they wouldn't take them back! They SUCK! Wanted to charge me for shipping them back AND a 25% RESTOCKING FEE! That just bull$#*!! It would cost me more to send them back! NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY FROM EITHER COMPANY!!

Tip for consumers: CHECK THE RETURNS POLICY. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE QUALITY YOUR STUCK!!

margaretb272
12/20/18

I ordered 3 copper saucepans the first week of November. I received confirmation of the order. Shortly thereafter, I was informed that 2 of them were on back order but promised the following week or so. I began to regularly call customer service weekly to learn status since these were to be Thanksgiving gifts. I kept being told 'next week'. Then they started telling me they were now in the warehouse and would be sent out. It is now Dec 20th and despite being promised that they would be sent out on a "hot rush" this past Monday (Dec 17), I just got off with customer service and they say they are in the warehouse and will go out today. I don't believe that for a second. And while Katom website offers a huge warehouse of kitchen supplies, this one experience has driven me insane. Never again!!!

joshuaa17
12/4/18

I ordered new glasses for Thanksgiving this year. Before ordering, I spoke at length with a sales associate and specifically asked how they package glasses, since shipping companies are notoriously harsh on handling shipments. He assured me that not only are they packaged really well, but if anything goes wrong they will make it right.

Well, exactly what I feared would happen, happened. The glasses weren't packaged well, and they arrived broken into a million pieces, and upon opening the box, glass started spilling all over my floor (not too good with kids and dogs around). We immediately took photos, called the company, and that's where all the problems with this company began.

I spoke with Destanie, the supervisor of the entire "customer service" department and beyond being incredibly rude to us, told us that we would have to wait for UPS to come and inspect the packages before they would ship replacements. I explained that there was no way I was keeping a box full of broken glass in my home with kids and dogs around and she finally told me to take extensive photos (which I already had) and e-mail them to her. At that point, she instructed us to to dispose of the glasses. She still refused to ship any replacements, stating that she had to "abide by company policy", but would get on filing a claim with the shipper first thing in the morning and once that had been filed, she would issue our refund so we could go elsewhere.

I tried following up with Destanie via phone but she would never answer, and no one at the company could ever find her. I did send her a few e-mails and she finally responded when I threatened to file a chargeback with my credit card company. Unfortunately, her response was a warning to me about how my credit card would be closed if I filed a chargeback (completely untrue). After reading that, I called my card company, filed a dispute, and of course I am still waiting for that to be resolved.

It is now Dec 4th, and I just received an e-mail from someone named Amanda, who told us that UPS had tried "multiple times" to schedule an inspection with us but we did not respond. Let's be very clear. At no time did UPS ever try to schedule an inspection with us, and anytime there was any communication, we responded immediately. UPS did show up out of the blue one day with a call tag to pickup the shipment, but we explained that we were instructed to dispose of the broken glass and had submitted photos to the seller. They said no problem and left. That was our only communication with UPS.

To date, no refund, and only an e-mail stating that "our claim had been closed" due to our lack of response. I am out $172 and have nothing but wasted time and a bunch of broken glass I had to clean up to show for it.

On another note, we just looked up reviews on this company and it turns out we're not the only ones this has happened to. I can't understand how this company is still in business, or who is purchasing from them. RUN FAR AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE CROOKS AND LIARS.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this website, nor order anything from this company

leonap10
10/4/18

I placed a small order online. Delivery was very prompt. But unfortunately I ordered the wrong size skillet. I called them immediately, expecting a smooth exchange. Wrong! After restocking fees and paying return postage, I was going to have 3 or 4 times the value of the item invested in this transaction. Don't be lured by low prices! Buyer beware!

jamesh1045
9/22/18

ordered a dozen dishes,2 arrived damaged,Katom said not our fault,it is the factory>
asked for pics so they file claim with UPS and got the money but never ship my replacement.
Ihave to go to my credit card to slap them with chargeback,it has been 2 months now.
numerous emails either no reponse or promise never kept ,
will be dancing on their grave soon

janej113
9/5/18

Their return process is insane. Please dont buy anything from this site. They are just middlemen who sells third party products. If you want some problems for yourself then please go ahead and deal with them

hectorm73
7/20/18

do not purchase from this company. Packages get lost, items needed not delivered. Had to make four phone calls to the service department. Difficult if not impossible to get your refund back.

mikek375
7/20/18

Birdie from KaTom Talked to me today and we resolved the problems in between and I got my money back it was just a confusing situation.
Hope everything will be alright from now on.

mikek374
7/18/18
• Updated review

In spite of talking, e-mailing, messaging, you name it 50 times they have been ignoring me and have never refunded me my US$329.40 that I sent them for an order 3 months ago and I have never received my order nor my full money back they only sent me 10% of my total money. It is insane. Is there any organization can stop this troubling company and put them out of business, look the reviews customers have been suffering from this non sense distributor. Cheaters!!!

Tip for consumers: Please stay away from this company. it is a time wasting to deal with them, but I will never stop till I get my $329.40 back!!!!!!

“Awful, terrible, not honest, shameful organization”
7/17/18
• Previous review

Please stay away with this wrong organization. They take your money and they do not give you anything and make stories and just give you 10% of your money back with no delivery whatsoever. I ordered $329.40 Glassware I did not received my order, but I only got $35 back. It is insane. This company must go out of business as customers
have been suffering!!!!

josephs505
6/26/18

Stay away from this company! They do not stand behind their products. We ordered an ice maker and it was delivered damaged. Because we didn't open the box in front of the delivery truck, they would not help us in any way. We now have to try to process a claim through the shipping company. Buy from anywhere except here!

joew234
6/25/18

I would strongly advise any serious consumer to stay away from this place, even if their prices might look good. Honestly I am a regular at Webstrauntstore.com and I was always skeptical of this place, but I figured I'd give them a try this time because they were substantially cheaper than Webstraunt. Boy did I make a BIG mistake! I wished I looked at these reviews earlier. I placed my order in early May for an oven which had a MINOR configuration to it, so it was classified under "special order" (which I am fine with). Basically, they claimed that I can place the order with them and they send the order in to the manufacturer. Okay, so when I placed my order the sales rep asked me if I was OK with a 17 day lead time. At the time, in May, I was completely fine with that. What can be so bad with a three week lead time? Or at least so I thought. It's been over a month now and I have not received any information regarding my order. So I called Katom last week inquiring about my order, and they informed me how my order is on it's way... "it should be there by the end of the week", he said. Well, guess what - I still have not received my order! Here we go again. I called Katom again and asked about my order they said it's in their warehouse and it's due to ship within a day or two, but, she added "I will get you the tracking info by the end of the day". The end of the day came. And went. NO tracking info. So I called again, now they say that my order has not even been placed!!! How crazy/insane can you be, Katom??? It's over a month since I placed my order - what's going on here??? Why can't you get your act together? Why is heaven's name does it take over a month to submit the order to a manufacturer? Not to mention all of the lies I was told over the phone that my order is in the warehouse... arriving soon... (forgot to mention- They did offer to "compensate" me to waive the $45 lift-gate fee... What a joke!!!) Only thing I can say is that I will NEVER EVER BE GOING BACK HERE!!!

tw110
6/13/18

PLACED AN ORDER FOR ALMOST $900, IN FEB. WAS TOLD ITEM WAS ON BACK ORDER AND WILL SHIP IN APRIL.... HERE IT IS JUNE AND IM JUST FINDING OUT AND ONLY BECAUSE I CALLED THAT THE ITEM WAS DISCONTINUED IN MAY.......BAD BUSINESS!

calliel5
1/10/18

Boy, wish I read their reviews before giving them my money. Shame on me! Terrible company to work with. Do yourself a favor and shop pretty much anywhere else. First, just because the website says it's in stock and will ship in 1-3 days. That's not accurate. It actually takes over a month to get the product. This not only happened once but it happened twice. I figured the first time was just a fluke. Nope. After my issue and reading the other reviews, apparently this how they do business. And don't bother needing to return something. I was charged $70 to return an item that was only $109. This company is horrific and if I could give them zero stars I would.

keithb116
10/12/17

This company has very poor customer service as well as several inefficiencies when meeting customer demands.I will suggest boycotting this company especially if there's need of urgent feedback or promp delivery .

lees229
9/3/17

Usually I read the ratings of vendors before purchasing from them. This time I knew the product line and was comfortable with it. But when the Lodge Cast Iron pan arrived with defects, I called customer service. They asked for photos and I accommodated them, They said that they would ship me a replacement and have a will call for the defective piece, Never happened! They want me to do all the work with Lodge. Next time I buy from Wal-Mart, a few bucks more, But no issues with returns.

andrewt110
5/16/17

I have ordered items on 3 occasions and have been pleased every time. I understand others have not had such a pleasant experience and that is unfortunate. I also visited the store in Tennessee and for all the cooking enthusiasts out there, if you are in the vicinity this is one of the nicest stores of its kind I have seen anywhere. I have read some of the reviews and they are unjustified. Industrial ovens, like any other piece of industrial equipment arrives in a crate, and often must be wired, to code, by a qualified electrician. It is unfair to blame the vendor for one's own misunderstanding.

Response from KaTom R., KaTom Representative
Hi Andrew! We truly appreciate your business and your feedback. Hope to see you at the store again soon!
sharonh119
5/12/17

Read the fine print of the fine print. Shelving arrived damaged, they want you to completely unpack the item while the driver is standing there and inspect the item, otherwise you won't get your money back except maybe 1/3 of it from the delivery company, and you don't get your shipping fee returned either.

Response from KaTom R., KaTom Representative
Hi Sharon. Sorry to hear that you received damaged items. I spoke to our customer care department and they said they have been working with you to resolve your issue. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at cs@katom.com. Thank you.
lina202
4/5/17

This is a joke! Don't ever buy from this company. I should made a research first. Made from China, the griddle stinks with gooey sticky smell like glue with toxic oil on top and the plastic was sticking into it; I was trying to return the griddle. They make too many excuses not to return your money.They send you an email that does not have any attachment for the address and then you have to return the product within 15 days. There's not even attachment in the email. A bunch of scam bugs! I will make a good review if they will return my money and take care of my business.

pouyanb
3/29/17

i purchased 8 Oz Bouillon cup and plates and 16 OZ bowls and on the 8 OZ cups and the plates it supposed to be 96 per case but after i received them they were only 48 per case and that was making huge difference on the price, like i could buy the cups $0.90 each here at the store and $0.80 on other websites and i was getting charge $1.32 without shipping fee. same for the plates and other bowls.

ambers72
3/22/17

I purchased Bakers Pride Double Ovens from here. I was unaware that they would arrive in Crates that I would have to tear apart myself with a drill and figure out how to get each 500 pound oven inside as the crates were left outside even though I paid for shipping and the extra lift gate fee. I was also unaware that these ovens don't come with a cord and had to be hardwired so now I am stuck with Double Ovens that I can only use if I pay almost as much as the ovens to wire my whole building to fit these. The manufacturer will not return them and KaTom will not fix any of it. These ovens are new and have not been used but because they were accepted and hardwired-they are considered used. FYI-Bakers Pride Tech department has also been a joke in regards to them. They didn't know the correct way to get to the wires when the electrician called and suggested something completely off base. Definitely do your homework. Just because the prices might look better then what you are seeing in your town-the headache this will cause you will not make it worth it.

Tip for consumers: Unless you are strong and have an army to carry your heavy appliances inside yourself. Be prepared to be in a bind. They will definitely not return anything even if it is not used. Keep that in mind.

nancyc169
3/16/17

I've order 3 times through them only because I was in no hurry for my items. But they apparently never have any item in with them. You have to wait atleast 2 weeks for them to receive the item and another week for them to deliver. If you can wait about a month for your item then go for it but other than that I wouldn't recommend it.

adelinav
3/15/17

Sometimes reading can be helpful but in my case it's different after reading all the negative comments here I feel anxious that maybe my order will not come on time. I'm so thankful that it was delivered before our simple celebrations. I will order here again in the future. Thanks Katom!

Response from KaTom R., KaTom Representative
Hi Adelina! We are so happy that you got everything you needed on time for your celebration. We look forward to working with you again in the future!
davidb652
3/10/17

With all the bad reviews I am very happy with my purchase. I purchased a Univex mixer for around 9k for a Boy Scout camp. The item shipped faster than expected which is great. Item arrived today in great shape.

Response from KaTom R., KaTom Representative
Glad to hear you like your new Univex mixer! If there is ever anything we can help with in the future, please let us know. Have a great day!
marthac61
2/15/17

Do not order from here. This company charges you expensive deliveries charges. And want you to unload truck. If you refuse the order they will keep most of your money.

Response from KaTom R., KaTom Representative
Thanks for your feedback, Martha. We're looking into your situation now and we will have a representative contact you soon.
kens123
2/8/17

My order took 12 emails to complete and then arrived wrong with billing issues, and was a surprise when it arrived as I was told it was canceled.

Tip for consumers: Their site looks very nice and the products look fine and with a relative decent price, but they must have growing issues as it looks like they have turned the business over to the internet push a sale at any risk guys.

Steve, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business. We know shipping issues, whether changes of projected delivery dates or products not arriving as expected, are significant for our customers. As such, we work with our vendors and the shipping companies we partner with to continually improve the service we're able to provide. Additionally, we use actual ship-time data to keep our estimates as up-to-date as possible. Thank you again for your question. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again here or by calling one of our helpful customer service agents at 1-800-541-8683 if we can provide other information to win your trust.

By KaTom R., KaTom Representative

Questions? Get answers from the KaTom staff and other customers.

1 Photo for KaTom