Review of Vyking Ship

Tel: 9529412452
support@vykingship.com

oleksandrk3
4/22/16

Geat service at reasonable price! All of my parcels were packed very carefuly! Super fast delivery. Thank you!

ericab31
4/21/16

User Friendly Staff, Complete feature, And the perfect and the only one Forwarding company so far that i have experience with excellent services. I always talk (chat) with Sir Clinton, and our conversation is not like Company staff with their client, but i feel like chat or talk with my Best friends / Family.

Sir Clinton is a nice guys, he want to share with all client/member, talk about joke etc.

valerianoa
4/17/16

I do not use it very often but it is an efficient web site and realted to Vyking you can understand and learn some different things.

zeeshanl
4/16/16

I usually rate services in reference to their customer service, whenever there is an issue, they are on it and i have never been dissatisfied. Thank you Vyking!

stephanieq1
4/9/16

I wrote earlier that I had a very good experience with Vyking and that I was waiting for the package...got it!

It came sooner than promised and in good condition. I have used the US Postal Service that gets my package in country within 10 days, the country gets it to me in 3 months...Vyking with their partner Fedex got it to me in less than 8 days.

tym120
3/18/16

While I've only used Vyking Ship's services twice now, I'm already highly impressed with their services, benefits and most especially the outstanding custom service. For example, when I had questions in need of answering, the agent assisting me went and contacted a shipping company on my behalf just to get the information I needed.

Not only are customer relations top notch, but so are the services. My favorite being the half-a-year storage that's offered for all packages without any cost. It's a life saver if you intend to ship several items to their warehouse at different times.

The only real con I can list is the fact package consolidation, while great in-general since its only a meager dollar fifty to repackage items into one shipment, seems unnecessarily expensive when you're dealing with small objects such as trading cards that're contained within mailing envelopes. That said, TCG aren't very likely to be used with Vyking Ship's services, so this isn't that big a concern.

To summarize: Exceptional customer service, great value for repackaging (though can come as expensive when dealing with extremely small items), complete honesty with prices, and a free six months of free storage for your packages.

carlb78
3/15/16

I got answers to every question I had through their chat.
Their website & service works great and is easy to work with.
I will continue to use Vyking Ship. :)

frantisekv
3/14/16

Following quick and simple registration, I was provided with a US address to ship my item to. Upon delivery of my item to Vyking, their customer service provided quick and clear replies to all of my questions. Of the multiple optional processing services, I have used the one where the item is repackaged into the smallest possible box for $2.50, which is only charged if the repackaging results in a decrease in postage. Arranging and paying for the forwarding was simple. I received my item less than a week after my placing my initial order. I highly recommend Vyking Ship!

zenitn
3/13/16

I am really impressed with Vyking. I was reluctant to use a forward packaging company but I couldn't get the items I was looking for at my country directly from the seller at the US. So, after a little research I went for Vyking. At first I wasn't sure on how to do it, so I opened a live chat and they were beyond helpful. They took care of my parcel in real time, while chatting. I truly think their customer service is OUTSTANDING, and I am super grateful for all what they did to help me out. Totally recommend Vyking to anyone in need of this type of service.

ek85
3/12/16

They combined all of my 11 packages in a very short time and surprisingly shipped in the same day.
Very reasonable fees and friendly customer support. Will definitely continue to use their service.

They offer customer based solutions from package consolidation options to special instructions.

I worked with many other shipping services this is the far best for the moment.

First time with a shipping forwarder service , i feel like i have total control of my packages.

Tip for consumers: If this will be your first with a shipping forwarder service this will be defiantly the one you will not be disappointed.

am6315
3/11/16

I have used another US-based forwarding company before and I can confidently say that VykingShip provided much better services at much lower costs; there are no setup fees, storage fees or other hidden fees. The packaging was very neat and professional; I ordered a number of books from five separate stores (one is not even located in the US) and VykingShip consolidated them all into one neat package that arrived to me in perfect condition. Oh, that store outside the US did not accept credit card from my country, and VykingShips purchase assistance program solved the problem nicely. But, above everything else, what I value the most is the exceptional customer service delivered by Clinton. He patiently and heartily responded to my questions and requests in a timely manner; I felt like communicating with a friend that is genuinely concerned about your needs and trying his best to help you. Bravo!

emanuelep
3/10/16

Vyking Ship delivered my electronics purchase from the USA to Europe. They were inexpensive, very quick, and they didn't do what they promised they did even more, and went the extra mile to make sure that I was going to get what I had ordered!

Very very pleased to have discovered this business.

raffaellac
3/10/16

I'm not good at english but I really wanted to share my experience. So here it is. I really wanted to buy an item on amazon us but this particular item is not shipped to italy so I was ready to give up when I thought that maybe there were some kind of business that forward packages. After searching a bit I found tons of company that gave you a Usa address and then forward your item. At that point I only needed to figure out which site was a scam and which not. I started looking at every site and mostly i wanted to look at their facebook page and the comment left there by the people. Every single fb page was full of bad comments. I started thinking that maybe it wasn't a good idea to have my package forwarded to me. I was scared to lose my money. But i kept looking and in the end i came across Vyking. All positive reviews! But at the beginning I thought it was fishy. Then i found out this review site, the one i'm writing in right now, and having already seen other companies profile before this one I was convinced to try Vyking's service. Let me just say... They answer you very quickly, kindly and accurately. I am not gonna lie it's not super cheap but it' s worth it. And you get what you ordered very fast. Which is awesome! I think I ordered my item on monday, it arrived at their office on tuesday and I got my item at home on Friday! How cool is that? Thank you for providing such a good service!

indahf
3/9/16

Wow! I was surprised, both this parcel and the other were packed really well. Thank you very much.

phils55
3/9/16

I am pleased with the attentive Customer Service Rep, Clinton L, He took time to solve my initial ignorance of how to use their service. Their packaging arrived in Singapore are excellent and I give thumbs up for this company.

gordonf10
3/9/16

I had a good experience with this service. I get pictures of the packages and all my requirements were done smoothly. Strongly recommended.

stuarta12
2/6/16

Received multiple packages from them in record time, plus they have the best and nicest customer support out there!!

azyano
1/27/16

STILL WAITING FOR MY ITEMS TO ARRIVE, THE WEIRDEST AND THE STUPIDEST THING IS MY ITEMS ARE BEING SHIPPED TO BANGLADESH? CAN YOU BE SERIOUS??!! ITS BEEN A MONTH NOW I HAVENT RECEIVED MY ITEMS

Response from Clinton L., Vyking Ship Representative
Azyan does indeed have the right to be angry, but it should not be at Vyking Ship. The package we shipped to Azyan via the USPS got stuck in Chicago due to an issue with scanning the label (USPS offered no further explanation) and we only got it moving again by launching a Domestic Trace. However, when the person at the USPS manually entered the label information they mistakenly (I don't know how) put the destination country as Bangladesh instead of Brunei, so the package went to Bangladesh and sat there eventhough there were clear notes to ship to Brunei.

During this entire period of time, which has now been more than 1 month, we at Vyking Ship have been in constant contact with the USPS trying to get this package moving properly. Anyone with extensive experience shipping internationally by USPS can attest to the feeling of helplessness in situations where the USPS has made a mistake and you are constantly given no updates and are simply told "you must wait until we hear back from X station or X country".

Azyan's frustration with this situation is shared by us at Vyking Ship as well, and especially me as I have taken the point on this situation. However, the negative aspects of this review should be directed towards the USPS and not Vyking Ship as these delays were exceptional and out of the control of Vyking Ship.

Even so, we will continue to press the USPS for information and push for progress regarding this package and will do our best to recoup the shipping fees from the USPS and return them to Azyan.
mikel226
1/26/16

We used Vyking for consolidating shipments, repackaging and re-shipping to a third destination.
All along the support and the communication was first class, and their rates extremely reasonable for the service provided.
We'll keep on using them whenever we need to receive parcels in USA

jespers11
12/18/15

Parcel arrived in less that 10 days to Greenland from US.

Vyking ship provided an outstanding services. First it seemed my order was stuck on USPS facility, but Vyking ship when down to USPS immediately to follow up on the shipment, and shortly after they return with the answer. Definitely a service i will recommend at use again.

yeniy
12/18/15

this gud forwarder,fast,low cost shipping.
vykingship thebest for me.

zahrah1
9/9/15

The service is great. I had asked for assistance in shopping, so they emailed me a form which i had to fill and email back, the purchases were made and invoice was sent via email. Make sure the email they send the invoice to is registered with paypal - i had to figure this bit out. But after this, it was all smooth.

As soon as my tracking app showed the delivered status, within an hour i got an email from them saying that my parcel had arrived and you can see the screenshot, my account summary showed the picture of my parcel in their warehouse along with who the merchant was, days left for free storage and the dimensions of the parcel.

There was a tab for additional processing, i clicked on it and a number of optional extras were given to me and as you may see in the screenshot, the price was written right there and all i had to do was check them. There was a section for additional comments where i gave further instructions because there was a magnetic toy which i wanted tested for its hold.

Since i had picked expedited option, so everything was done right there and then. The person handling my parcel was online via Chat and he walked me through everything and in 56 minutes i had my tracking number with me.

I have tried a few forwarding services, but have never had a 56 minutes whirlwind experience. I loved the experience :)

Pros:
180 of free storage
Clean/Non-glitch-y interface
1 free photo included of the box (See picture)
Response rate is A-1, Chat/Phone/Email =A1
Getting extra services is easy and they follow instructions to the letter
Prices are straight forward and not very high.

Cons:
Photos are not emailed
Chat transcript is not emailed and no option for it either

Tip for consumers: Go for expedited process -

ignaciob28
7/7/15

Ref: Vyking Ship International LLC

Last June 12th, I was unable to purchase a necessary tool for my studies because the only company who manufactures and sells this product in the whole world, is based in the USA and does not ship to my country.

I subsequently registered with two leading local freight forwarding companies, the first one I had to pay a fee just to register (as well as having to provide my credit-card details), the other failed miserably to make the purchase on
my behalf.

Not wanting to give up, I continued searching online and came across the Vyking Ship International website, on their online help, live chat I explained my predicament to their support staff. I was very surprised, they genuinely seemed to care about my problem and wanted to help.
I registered with them, no registration or hidden fees, was immediately sent a purchase assistance form, any queries were promptly responded to, dealt with in an efficient and professional manner. Next thing I knew, the product had been purchased and was on its way to their warehouse in Minnesota, I received it a few days later.

Very impressed and happy with their outstanding level of customer service and care, highly efficient, very professional and charge competitive rates.

Would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone needing this type of service. I even go as far as saying that if all companies' mission was the same as Vyking Shipping, I honestly believe this place would be a whole lot different.

Just wish I'd found them sooner.

Many Thanks!

nielf
7/5/15

Having used both their Mail/Package Forwarding and "Purchase Assistance" services, I can wholeheartedly recommend Vyking Ship. It was a hassle free experience, and the items arrived in perfect condition. The fee structure is clear & simple to understand, and I also found their pricing very competitive & fair (There are no hidden fees/surprises when the quote is calculated).

I will definitely be using them again.

carynec
7/4/15

I would highly recommend Vyking Ship for their fantastic attitude & professionalism. Clinton has been very helpful & pro-active. This is especially beneficial to anyone who isn't familiar with procedures & issues related to international shipping. His level of service has exceeded all my expectations & I'm more than happy to give him & Vyking Ship two thumbs up! All costs are transparent & they do their best to minimise any unnecessary costs to your benefit. Highly reliable & dependable!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hello Lifeng, If a company does not have a physical presence in MN and the sale is done online, they are not obligated to charge sales tax (and usually don't.) Otherwise, sales tax does apply for all purchases (except for clothing, which is tax-free in MN.) Please contact us at support@vykingship.com if you have any other questions.

By Clinton L., Vyking Ship Representative

Hello Bernard, I am not certain whether or not Barnes & Noble will accept orders to our address, as some companies block forwarding companies and others don't. You can always attempt to make the order, and the worst that'll happen is that they will cancel your order and then refund your money (or not charge you at all.) Please contact us at support@vykingship.com if you have any other questions.

By Clinton L., Vyking Ship Representative

Hello Peter, Bluefly should accept your order. What I'd recommend doing is using an email address that doesn't contain an Australian domain (.au) as that is the most likely reason they are not accepting your order. Please contact us at support@vykingship.com if you have any other questions.

By Clinton L., Vyking Ship Representative

Hello Oliver, We offer a range of services from USPS Priority that will typically range from 6-10 business days to more expedited options like DHL Express and FedEx Priority that are typically 4 business days. You can check out our shipping calculator ( http://www.vykingship.com/website/content/calculator.aspx ) to see rates and times. As of August 30th 2018 we are in the midst of a round of software integrations during which our FedEx rates will not display properly, but that should be corrected once the integrations are completed. Please contact us at support@vykingship.com if you have any other questions.

By Clinton L., Vyking Ship Representative

Hello Dee, Process: To utilize our service you would first need to setup an account. Our Registration link can be found in the upper right of our website. We do not have any Setup or Monthly Fees so there is no costs associated with setting up an account even if you don't use it for some time. After registering, make sure to click the "Verify" button in the email that will be sent to your email. Now your account will be fully functional and you can make purchases online and have them sent to your own unique suite number at our warehouse. When we receive a package with your name and suite number on it, we will enter it to your account and send you an email notifying you of the arrival. At this point you can do a number of things: fill out the Customs Declaration yourself and ship, request photos of the contents, wait for more packages so that you can consolidate them together to save on postage, etc. Costs: I would first recommend finding the cost of the postage to ship from here to there because it often makes the difference between a shipment being feasible or not. With our service we provide a Shipping Calculator that can show you the actual amount of postage we will charge you for a particular package. You can use our Shipping Calculator by clicking the link at the top of our website and entering in the destination information along with the weight, value, and dimensions of the package to be shipped. We do not have any hidden fees so the total you get from our calculator will be what we will charge; the only other expenses would be completely optional services fees that we offer including consolidation, repacking, and photo options. If the cost of the postage is acceptable, then the next consideration would be the Duties/Taxes that UK Customs may charge. We do not calculate these nor do we pre-pay Duties/Taxes when we ship. I would recommend going to the UK Customs website and identify the tax percentage they will charge for the category of item(s) you plan on shipping and calculating what amount that comes to given the value of your item(s). With the private carriers (DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc) they will charge a brokerage fee than is dependent on many factors including taxes assessed by Customs, number of line items, etc. With the Postal Service (USPS) you will not see these extra brokerage fees and many times packages will be delivered without taxes being charged. Please feel free to contact us (support@vykingship.com) if there are any other questions that you have. Best Regards, Clinton

By Clinton L., Vyking Ship Representative

Hello Yve, We have shipped to the Philippines many times. With regard to Customs and Duties, the way the carrier will collect them from you will vary by the carrier and sometimes even by the region of your country. In most cases the carrier will call or email you after it has cleared customs to inform you of the amount due and then try to collect that amount before they will deliver. Another common process that many carriers will do, and more sore when the amount is low, is that they may attempt to collect the full amount due at the time of delivery without first contacting you. If you want to know for sure how they will proceed, please reach out to the carrier you plan to ship by and ask them how they handle Customs payments in your area. Best Regards, Clinton

By Clinton L., Vyking Ship Representative

Hello Abhishek, Our service would provide you the ability to have products shipped from us in the USA to you in the UK. Here is a very basic overview of how it would work: 1. You register on our site. It is free (no signup fees nor any monthly fees), and we will provide you with a unique suite number at our warehouse. 2. You would use our address along with your unique suite number for the shipping address when there is a package you want us to receive on your behalf. 3. We will enter any inbound packages into your account where you will be able to see a photo of it along with all of the pertinent information (tracking number, weight, size, & sender's name). Then, if you choose, request for us to a variety of processing on the package(s) including repacking, consolidating, and additional photos of the contents. 4. Lastly you can select which package(s) to ship, check out, and then we will ship them to your address. This is just a quick overview, but if you need clarification or think your needs might be outside of what I have described, please let us know (support@vykingship.com). Best Regards, Clinton

By Clinton L., Vyking Ship Representative

Hello Gretel, Yes, we have shipped to Mexico many times. We have noticed that Mexico Customs has been getting quite a bit more aggressive in in the processing of inbound shipments especially DHL shipments. They have been assessing higher taxes rates to goods being shipped in and they have been requesting paperwork from the recipients that they had not before (MSDS and Ingredient lists for products, especially health goods and beauty products, import permits, etc). Our recommendation would be to avoid DHL and check with Mexico Customs regarding any products you may wish to have shipped in to make sure they will not ask for something crazy. You may also want to check out the site DutyCalculator.com to get an idea of the tax rate for any particular items you may wish to ship; Mexico Customs has imposed taxes of up to 100% on some types of goods. Please emails us at support@vykingship.com if you have any other questions or advice. Best Regards, Clinton

By Clinton L., Vyking Ship Representative

Hello Alun, I believe you are asking about Volumetric (Dimensional) Weight; please let us know if that is not the case. For the private carriers (FedEx and DHL) they would calculate that as 5.5 kg of Volumetic Weight. They would use 5.5 kg as the weight of the package unless the actual weight was greater than that. You can find DHL's Volumetric Weight Calculator here: http://www.dhl.com/en/tools/volumetric_weight_express.html For the Postal Service (USPS) they do not use Volumetic Weight and require dimensions only to determine if a package is within the size limit allowed for the destination country. So, for the USPS, a package measuring 30 x 30 x 30 cm would would weight whatever the scale says when the package is placed upon it. Feel free to email us at Support@vykingship.com if you have any other questions or would like clarification about anything above.

By Clinton L., Vyking Ship Representative

Hello Carole, The time it takes for a parcel to get from the USA to the UK will depend on the shipping method you select. We offer a range of shipping options from USPS First Class (which may take 1-2 weeks to arrive) to expedited services like DHL Express and FedEx Priority which could have that parcel delivered in 3-5 days. If you use our shipping calculator, it will provide the estimated business days to deliver for all of the services we offer. We do not pre-pay Customs & Excise. We ship everything Duties Unpaid.

By Clinton L., Vyking Ship Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Vyking Ship staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Vyking Ship