Review of Vitacost.com

Boca Raton, FL 33487, US
newsletter@vitacost.com

gs156
7/7/19

Fast Shipping, Great Customer service. I spoke with Customer Service a few times always felt they really appreciated my business. Great value for the money, A little pricey,but still worth it... I'll pay a little more for great service which Vitacost Delivers.

Tip for consumers: Great Company

woyaoy
7/5/19

Vitacost is the BOMB!!

They are way better than Amazon. Ever since I found out Amazon's fulfillment centers have the highest rate of suicides due to their horrible work conditions & extremely low pay, I've looked elsewhere to get my sundries.

Vitacost packs my items with care. All glass bottles are wrapped in a plastic bag then insulation. And everything is intact & as ordered.

Best part of all, their prices are great & I've been meaning to thank them for a long time. I saw the negative reviews that are just hateful & almost fabricated & decided to share my positive experiences.

Vitacost is no scam, they are a legit business who does good for the customer.

vitacosts1
7/2/19

few times ordered from them as got their coupon in the building mail.. and all those times they had the package rerouted but didnt even refund and I had to contact the customer service for the refund, at least, refund me if you are going to have the packages sent back to your warehouse..the rep didnt even have any reason...whoever idiot is rerouted the packages without refund needs to be fired..sticking with iHerb...and dummies, this is a building so you cant just reroute everyone's packages from at the same location...

jennyd81
4/26/19

Free delivery comes with the one with the highest sense of entitlement. Since the seller guarantee the same or next day delivery, packages are always left on the side of the porch. It gives you an impression that your business is not appreciated and that they are done with getting another round of score!

morganm112
4/19/19

Ordered four bottles of a pricey supplement. Delivery service lied and said it was delivered to my main lobby of my apartment complex. I have no main lobby! There is a rental office here that closes at 5pm and they do not accept deliveries for residents. The delivery was supposedly delivered at 8pm! Pretty interesting considering they don't accept packages and it was three hours after they close.

Dealing with customer service is like pulling teeth. Hours after I contact them about the issue, they send me an email asking for my shipping address to double check. It's on the order receipt you idiots! They are clearly wasting time until they go home, this could have already been resolved by a competent person.

I should have come here before I placed my order. I will never order from them again, this has been a terrible waste of time. From now on I'm sticking to Amazon.

lisaw584
4/17/19

I will NEVER order from them again. It's not worth the discount.I ordered March 24,2019 & received my order & never thought about it again , till I went to account I paid it on & seen they had double billed me.This was April 5, 2019 I found out. I called & they said it would be back in account in 48 hours. I have called 2 more times & been told the same thing. I still don't have my money.It is now April 18, 2019 & I want my $119.60 back.

dinad30
4/15/19

I've ordered from Vitacost every once in a while across the span of the past 2 years and often there were items that arrived damaged. The company advertises a flexible return policy and so I contacted their customer support each time there were damaged products. Their support staff treated me like a swindler.
They didn't improve the manner in which they package items at the warehouse, because damaged product deliveries continued after I raised my concerns.
They maintained their flexible return policy in this time, yet I was treated like a second-rate shopper.
Aim to deliver intact items or stop antagonizing customers who expect you will follow through.

shaerond
3/25/19

I have been using Vitacost for several years for my supplements and vitamins. Check their website because they also sell other products. They have so many things that you can get in a standing store. I do not have to drive to these stores and pay a lot more for the products that I can get by shopping Vitacost. Vitacost products will save you so much more!

tinav40
1/23/19

Would not let me cancel an order after 2 hours of placing it. Telephone rep said it was already packed for shipment yet still said not shipped.

1 item ordered was twice the cost of both Walmart and Amazon. Yet other item from same brand was similar in price. So including shipping I overpaid by $10 for 2 items costing $12. Ripoff.

suraf
1/14/19

They overcharged me for shipping yet I had still pay VAT and admin fees on arrival and it took ages, I contacted vitacost and they told me shipping could take up to 60 days which is totally unacceptable. I had much better experience with IHERB in terms of shipping cost and time, they deliver at cheaper cost with DHL.

pp145
1/1/19

I had planned on placing an order with this company but decided to check their reviews first before sending them any money. What an eye opener. After seeing all the negative reviews I WILL NOT order from this company. How are they still conducting business? Seems like someone should take the initiative to fine and/or close this company.

jackm374
12/28/18

Now not so much. Products not listed as being out of stock and are, then items are shipped slow boat (even though you had "free two day shipping" you receive item 6 days later. You spend the required amount for two day shipping and receive an email on due date saying its late but tracking number doesnt work so no idea when it will arrive. This is the new norm. Again corporate profitability trumps all else including customer satisfaction. This is also dishonest practice to get customers to spend more to get two day shipping and then dont deliver. Vitacost email doesnt work, either does chat. Guess that way they dont have to hear the complaints.

davidc579
12/27/18

Vitacost has some buy one get one free sales. They are supposed to have a tear time order filling system but every time I order one of the discounted items they cancel the product because it is supposedly out of stock. Not a good company to do business with

vitacosts
12/6/18

Some idiot on the review talked about "some liking guns, some dont." Just so many stupid people, Vitacost worked great for you because you didnt run into issues, when an issue arrives, that's when you get to find out what kind of retailer Vitacost is or any other!!

I ordered a diffuser which is basically so flimsy made in China and it didnt work, I contacted them and they sent me a refund confirmation for a diffuser that costs $25 and then next day, they told me to send the diffuser back to them!! I was so confused to what to what as I had already discarded the diffuser in the garbage!! And, I tried explaining to many reps, they were like "you shouldn't have discarded it, we need the product back for you to get refund." And, I was like then why send me email confirmation that you have approved the refund, and then next day they cancelled/voided the refund and asked the product back,

They wouldnt budge over $25 product and they basically first gave me refund and then voided it next day and I just decided to send Vitacost everything else back due to horrible customer service and such fraud!!

So beware, these people are basically running a fraud, why advertise "easy returns and refund." Dont bother with them, I even forwarded them email refund confirmation, they didnt care, and kept insisting I send them $25, Made in China defective diffuser back if I want refund despite me telling them it's been discarded!!

Do not give this shady/fraudulent company your hard earned money, how are you going to void/cancel a refund that's been approved and then wait over 30 hours and ask me for a product back which has been discarded??? Is that even legal when you basically told me you approved the refund and then crawl it back and ask me for a product back which has already been discarded??

julesm61
11/22/18

Vitacost sent my products to a wrong address (the correct one was on the order). After almost a month, I contacted them. It had been delivered to a wrong address (and returned). I requested the product sent versus refund. They sent it to the wrong address AGAIN, after confirming my address. Again. Yet again, they sent it to the wrong address (I may add... in another province, not even close to me). They didn't give an option for another resend. They promised a refund. Now they are refusing it because it was sent and returned twice. I never received it or sent it. But it is my fault, so I have to pay for it?? Utter crap. Customer service was awful. Don't ever buy from here. It isn't worth the hassle.

nikolak10
11/22/18

Well, some people like guns....other hate guns. Same here-most people (like me) like Vitacost.com....some smaller group didn't like them.
What I can say from many years (so far) experience with Vitacost.com:First of all-I'm long time customer. Their products are the best you can find online. Their price tag is the lowest online. Their Customer service is one of the best you can find online. Shipping and packing the items is the best from all online companies I have dealt during last 12 years. If you have account with them then you will receive great deals. If not...blame yourself....not Vitacost.com. This is clear and simple!
Nikola Kolev, Phoenix, Arizona

incompetentv
11/14/18

I rarely shop at Vitacost because they require minimum about $49 in shipping and their customer service is really rude and incompetent so I dont shop often!!

Anyway, I placed few orders on the same day and then about 5-6 hours later, I get an email "order cancelled, unable to verify billing info" I only got an email about one order and then I check online, they had cancelled one order and the one that I got an email about being cancelled was apparently in the processing stage online and third one was well in processing stage! Very conflicting info,

I contact their customer service and ask them about the status of all three orders, rep named "Sean" comes backs and confirms 2 of the three orders have been "cancelled due unable to verify billing info." Which is completely inaccurate as billing info is correct! And, I asked him to about the third one and ask to cancel that one too then if they already had cancelled the others and he goes "already picked and processed in the warehouse." I just disconnected the chat and didnt want to deal with these inefficient/rude customer service reps, and if they couldnt "verify my billing info" then why process the third order then and cancel two of them????

Then guess what, later on in the day, about additional 5 hours, later they cancelled the third order too, the one that was already processed and picked!! And, then additional 5-6 hours later, I get an email "order shipped" and guess what they shipped ONLY ONE item from all three CANCELLED ORDERS!!! What the hell???? These people are compeletly moronic and incompetent because if they are "unable to verify" any info then why process one order and then cancel it later one and then still ship ONE ITEM!! I will never ever shop from these idiots!!!

And, these people are just disgusting, incompetent and rude!!! Dont waste your time shopping their website and if you ever have an issue with your order, good luck getting help from incompetent/rude reps

jimmyj67
11/14/18

Vitacost has a great selection of vitamins along with gourmet and organic foods. And customer service has improved dramatically. Will shop there again!!

valentinap15
10/30/18

Este artículo fue publicado en bbcmundo.com hace unos días. Este hombre compróeste producto para bajar de peso y terminó enfermo y tuvo que tener un transplante de hígado. Parece haber una conexión directa a este producto Vitacost. -Lean https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-45986939

jb751
10/22/18

I ordered hair product that they did not deliver and it is now no longer available. They will not explain and I have emailed twice.will not ever trust them again. NEVER!!!

lizw107
9/26/18

I've been ordering from this company for some years now, and I can honestly say, (so far), I'm a very satisfied customer. Let's be honest--when it comes to customer service, there's no 100% perfect company (well, I digress--to me Amazon is the closest). But there are some that come close, some that think they're already there and they're really not, and others who consistently work towards attaining that goal. On the other hand, there are many like TalDepot who couldn't care less about their customers and don't give a rat's behind about their crappy, unprofessional service/lack of customer service. Vitacost.com (in my opinion and from personal experience) is close, but continues to work consistently to achieving 100%.

As a matter of transparency and honesty, I had 2 minor issues with Vitacost.com that were resolved in a jiffy. Customer service is easily accessible and there's no excessive waiting period. They carry GREAT QUALITY PRODUCTS and SHIPPING IS FAST! I watch what I eat as much as I can and many "health-related" products that I need aren't available in regular retail (grocery) stores/supermarkets- but these products can be easily found on Vitacost.com at amazing prices, which makes it even better. So far, I have no regrets shopping here but if and when I do, I'll not hesitate to return with an update.

Sitejabber has been of great help for me and to each and everyone of us who visit this site because as consumers we often get ignored once terrible companies like TalDepot get our money-For instance, I realize that ALL the negative feedbacks about TalDepot was 110% Absolutely True because I personally went through hell to get a refund for products TalDepot never sent plus they lied continuously about the transaction. Make no mistake I have FULL documented proof. I also realize that I have to be careful as to which site I go to when researching companies. The mind boggling issue is that another customer complaint site (RR) had a vast number of glowing reviews on TalDepot but based on my experience and others, I realize those were far from the truth. Sadly, I could have avoided the hassle, had I purchased the products from VitaCost instead. Having explained my experience with VitaCost, its totally up to you, if you want to give them a try. Hope you found this review helpful.

PS: I'm not affiliated with these companies. Products are purchased with my own money. ALL my reviews are unbiased and written from my personal experience purchasing from these companies.

hellod1
9/6/18

So I made the mistake of ordering so many items particularly cleaning products/soaps, etc but unfortunately one of the packages was damaged as Vitacost was notified by the carrier, without asking me they send a replacement, I was notified by email saying they are sending a replacement, within 5 minutes, I replied to the email asking if they can refund me instead!! Guess what, didnt hear from them until 24 hours later, how convenient and they told me package is already shipped but then without asking me again, they placed a return request!! These customers services reps are ridiculous, still didnt refund me but placed a request for return through the carrier???

I had placed about 7 orders and half the stuff I didnt even need and my credit card bill was horrendous and I decided to send them many items back and guess what, these people's return system is horrible, they kept sending me return labels with RA numbers but didnt specify the labels for what order or what items, etc, very confusing!! And, then the reps didnt even send return label for remaining items and many items I didnt even ask to return but instead on the system it said "all the items are refunded and replaced." Which made so much confusing and as I didnt know what RA belonged to what order number and when I tried to speak to tons of reps via chat, they are so incompetent and dumb and didnt even help at all!!! And, I had 7 orders and I didnt ask for return labels for all the items from each order as they had listed online, such freakin a big lie!!

Then, I finally made a list of order numbers and listed items for each and sent it by return label and I categorized them, which took forever, no thanks to them!!

And, now I have to wait for 3-4 weeks for refund and I basically spoon fed them how to process the return by order # and items listed next to it and placed in separate zip lock bags!!

These people's return system is just stupid and how can send me RA number and then next email doesnt tell me what return label belongs to what order number or what items and they didnt even send return labels or RA for all the items either as in some of them, they listed items number but on most they didnt, it was damn confusing and then the system was telling how "all the items have been refunded or replaced." which was a big lie!!

I say dont place a huge order because when you have to return something, these people make it exceptionally hard by issuing RA numbers and dont tell you for what items or order number

And, they will fraudulently will temper with your returns because online system would say "all the items have been refunded or replaced." then you second guess yourself, think, did I even ask to return this item because I clearly remember, I didnt, disgusting customer service!!

dariad
7/19/18

Last week I made a purchase and saw that they used OnTrac for shipping. Unfortunately I've had horrendous experience with OnTrac (9 out of 10 packages never make it to me with them). Sure enough, OnTrac once again marked my package as delivered when it was not. I immediately contacted vitacost and they shipped my package again, with FedEx this time. They followed up with me throughout the whole process and made sure I got the package and was happy with everything. They have great customer service and an unbeatable price for what I was looking for.

danielc205
7/1/18

This company is a Fraud. They just pretend to be good while in fact they are only interested in cashing in as much as possible. Customer service is a joke; they will repeat the same generic sentences over and over and pretend to care while in fact they don't.
Stock availability is inaccurate; you will constantly receive emails notifying you that despite the fact that the product was showing as in stock, it is not and they will do that on all orders . When you inquire why they will respond that you have not been charged; so you end up by never getting what you need.
Avoid at all cost

nd62
5/30/18

They advertise "free shipping" if you order over forty-nine dollars worth of merchandise, but I ordered fifty-three dollars (pre tax) worth of merchandise and WAS NOT GIVEN free Shipping! They would not even bother to respond to my emails regarding this issue! DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY-THEY ARE DISHONORABLE!

Yes they sell brand names and reputable products. They may not sell everything though depending on what you're looking for. I couldn't find the product I wanted anywhere other than through Vitacost so I was quite impressed.

By Michael K.

I am having major troubles with tracking my order or getting in touch with someone to assist me. I'm starting to think the site is a scam!

By Disappointed C.

Once in a while an order is slow to arrive, otherwise delivery is good.

By A E.

Vitacost is a distributor like Amazon. So each product should have an expiration date or "freshness date/code" if it is not something that can go bad. I have ordered from them for years and always received fresh products :)

By Robin D.

I buy Garden of Life's Raw Fit Protein powder from Vitacost at half the price of what our health food store sells it for. I trust the Garden of Life company. The product looks, tastes, and acts the same as what I used to buy in the store. It is in the same container with the same listed ingredients. Unless I have both samples tested by some 3rd party certified lab, I cannot say 100% that anything is authentic. However, I usually always buy products made by a company that I've purchased from in the past and that has a good reputation (like Garden of Life). Supplements are not FDA-approved, so I guess some corrupt companies could put sawdust in a capsule and call it a miracle weight loss product. So try to buy products only from companies you've used before and trust, that have helped you, that have some quality manufacturing label, are made in a country you trust (I buy USA-made products whenever I can, and read the reviews-skip reviews where people get something for free or highly discounted in return for "an unbiased (haha) review". Look up information online about the company and use your best judgement.

By Roseann Z.

Just keep sending them emails until a more dedicated customer service rep helps you. Or shop at Swansons; they have great customer service. Their product selection is not quite as good as VitaCost, but their prices are similar. Good luck!

By Alex A.

Working the night shift is as big a cancer risk as smoking! Is it worth that to you?

By Alex A.

If they are non GMO they will be marked that way!! I would assume they are not if they don't take credit for it :)

By Robin D.

There is a money-back guarantee on all of the products they sell. Often, you will be given a refund without even having to return a product. They really are the best in the business when it comes to customer satisfaction.

By Elizabeth M.

Check google to see if there are any coupons or Promos for Vitacost or for any other company you order from. Vitacost always has SOME coupons or promos, although I've been ordering from them long enough that I can't remember if they have a promotion for first time buyers. Just put into Google "Vitacost coupons or promotions" and several sites will come up.

By Roseann Z.
Questions? Get answers from the Vitacost.com staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Vitacost.com