Review of Vitacost.com

Boca Raton, FL 33487, US
newsletter@vitacost.com

tinav40
1/23/19

Would not let me cancel an order after 2 hours of placing it. Telephone rep said it was already packed for shipment yet still said not shipped.

1 item ordered was twice the cost of both Walmart and Amazon. Yet other item from same brand was similar in price. So including shipping I overpaid by $10 for 2 items costing $12. Ripoff.

suraf
1/14/19

They overcharged me for shipping yet I had still pay VAT and admin fees on arrival and it took ages, I contacted vitacost and they told me shipping could take up to 60 days which is totally unacceptable. I had much better experience with IHERB in terms of shipping cost and time, they deliver at cheaper cost with DHL.

pp145
1/1/19

I had planned on placing an order with this company but decided to check their reviews first before sending them any money. What an eye opener. After seeing all the negative reviews I WILL NOT order from this company. How are they still conducting business? Seems like someone should take the initiative to fine and/or close this company.

jackm374
12/28/18

Now not so much. Products not listed as being out of stock and are, then items are shipped slow boat (even though you had "free two day shipping" you receive item 6 days later. You spend the required amount for two day shipping and receive an email on due date saying its late but tracking number doesnt work so no idea when it will arrive. This is the new norm. Again corporate profitability trumps all else including customer satisfaction. This is also dishonest practice to get customers to spend more to get two day shipping and then dont deliver. Vitacost email doesnt work, either does chat. Guess that way they dont have to hear the complaints.

davidc579
12/27/18

Vitacost has some buy one get one free sales. They are supposed to have a tear time order filling system but every time I order one of the discounted items they cancel the product because it is supposedly out of stock. Not a good company to do business with

vitacosts
12/6/18

Some idiot on the review talked about "some liking guns, some dont." Just so many stupid people, Vitacost worked great for you because you didnt run into issues, when an issue arrives, that's when you get to find out what kind of retailer Vitacost is or any other!!

I ordered a diffuser which is basically so flimsy made in China and it didnt work, I contacted them and they sent me a refund confirmation for a diffuser that costs $25 and then next day, they told me to send the diffuser back to them!! I was so confused to what to what as I had already discarded the diffuser in the garbage!! And, I tried explaining to many reps, they were like "you shouldn't have discarded it, we need the product back for you to get refund." And, I was like then why send me email confirmation that you have approved the refund, and then next day they cancelled/voided the refund and asked the product back,

They wouldnt budge over $25 product and they basically first gave me refund and then voided it next day and I just decided to send Vitacost everything else back due to horrible customer service and such fraud!!

So beware, these people are basically running a fraud, why advertise "easy returns and refund." Dont bother with them, I even forwarded them email refund confirmation, they didnt care, and kept insisting I send them $25, Made in China defective diffuser back if I want refund despite me telling them it's been discarded!!

Do not give this shady/fraudulent company your hard earned money, how are you going to void/cancel a refund that's been approved and then wait over 30 hours and ask me for a product back which has been discarded??? Is that even legal when you basically told me you approved the refund and then crawl it back and ask me for a product back which has already been discarded??

julesm61
11/22/18

Vitacost sent my products to a wrong address (the correct one was on the order). After almost a month, I contacted them. It had been delivered to a wrong address (and returned). I requested the product sent versus refund. They sent it to the wrong address AGAIN, after confirming my address. Again. Yet again, they sent it to the wrong address (I may add... in another province, not even close to me). They didn't give an option for another resend. They promised a refund. Now they are refusing it because it was sent and returned twice. I never received it or sent it. But it is my fault, so I have to pay for it?? Utter crap. Customer service was awful. Don't ever buy from here. It isn't worth the hassle.

nikolak10
11/22/18

Well, some people like guns....other hate guns. Same here-most people (like me) like Vitacost.com....some smaller group didn't like them.
What I can say from many years (so far) experience with Vitacost.com:First of all-I'm long time customer. Their products are the best you can find online. Their price tag is the lowest online. Their Customer service is one of the best you can find online. Shipping and packing the items is the best from all online companies I have dealt during last 12 years. If you have account with them then you will receive great deals. If not...blame yourself....not Vitacost.com. This is clear and simple!
Nikola Kolev, Phoenix, Arizona

incompetentv
11/14/18

I rarely shop at Vitacost because they require minimum about $49 in shipping and their customer service is really rude and incompetent so I dont shop often!!

Anyway, I placed few orders on the same day and then about 5-6 hours later, I get an email "order cancelled, unable to verify billing info" I only got an email about one order and then I check online, they had cancelled one order and the one that I got an email about being cancelled was apparently in the processing stage online and third one was well in processing stage! Very conflicting info,

I contact their customer service and ask them about the status of all three orders, rep named "Sean" comes backs and confirms 2 of the three orders have been "cancelled due unable to verify billing info." Which is completely inaccurate as billing info is correct! And, I asked him to about the third one and ask to cancel that one too then if they already had cancelled the others and he goes "already picked and processed in the warehouse." I just disconnected the chat and didnt want to deal with these inefficient/rude customer service reps, and if they couldnt "verify my billing info" then why process the third order then and cancel two of them????

Then guess what, later on in the day, about additional 5 hours, later they cancelled the third order too, the one that was already processed and picked!! And, then additional 5-6 hours later, I get an email "order shipped" and guess what they shipped ONLY ONE item from all three CANCELLED ORDERS!!! What the hell???? These people are compeletly moronic and incompetent because if they are "unable to verify" any info then why process one order and then cancel it later one and then still ship ONE ITEM!! I will never ever shop from these idiots!!!

And, these people are just disgusting, incompetent and rude!!! Dont waste your time shopping their website and if you ever have an issue with your order, good luck getting help from incompetent/rude reps

jimmyj67
11/14/18

Vitacost has a great selection of vitamins along with gourmet and organic foods. And customer service has improved dramatically. Will shop there again!!

valentinap15
10/30/18

Este artículo fue publicado en bbcmundo.com hace unos días. Este hombre compróeste producto para bajar de peso y terminó enfermo y tuvo que tener un transplante de hígado. Parece haber una conexión directa a este producto Vitacost. -Lean https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-45986939

jb751
10/22/18

I ordered hair product that they did not deliver and it is now no longer available. They will not explain and I have emailed twice.will not ever trust them again. NEVER!!!

lizw107
9/26/18

I've been ordering from this company for some years now, and I can honestly say, (so far), I'm a very satisfied customer. Let's be honest--when it comes to customer service, there's no 100% perfect company (well, I digress--to me Amazon is the closest). But there are some that come close, some that think they're already there and they're really not, and others who consistently work towards attaining that goal. On the other hand, there are many like TalDepot who couldn't care less about their customers and don't give a rat's behind about their crappy, unprofessional service/lack of customer service. Vitacost.com (in my opinion and from personal experience) is close, but continues to work consistently to achieving 100%.

As a matter of transparency and honesty, I had 2 minor issues with Vitacost.com that were resolved in a jiffy. Customer service is easily accessible and there's no excessive waiting period. They carry GREAT QUALITY PRODUCTS and SHIPPING IS FAST! I watch what I eat as much as I can and many "health-related" products that I need aren't available in regular retail (grocery) stores/supermarkets- but these products can be easily found on Vitacost.com at amazing prices, which makes it even better. So far, I have no regrets shopping here but if and when I do, I'll not hesitate to return with an update.

Sitejabber has been of great help for me and to each and everyone of us who visit this site because as consumers we often get ignored once terrible companies like TalDepot get our money-For instance, I realize that ALL the negative feedbacks about TalDepot was 110% Absolutely True because I personally went through hell to get a refund for products TalDepot never sent plus they lied continuously about the transaction. Make no mistake I have FULL documented proof. I also realize that I have to be careful as to which site I go to when researching companies. The mind boggling issue is that another customer complaint site (RR) had a vast number of glowing reviews on TalDepot but based on my experience and others, I realize those were far from the truth. Sadly, I could have avoided the hassle, had I purchased the products from VitaCost instead. Having explained my experience with VitaCost, its totally up to you, if you want to give them a try. Hope you found this review helpful.

PS: I'm not affiliated with these companies. Products are purchased with my own money. ALL my reviews are unbiased and written from my personal experience purchasing from these companies.

hellod1
9/6/18

So I made the mistake of ordering so many items particularly cleaning products/soaps, etc but unfortunately one of the packages was damaged as Vitacost was notified by the carrier, without asking me they send a replacement, I was notified by email saying they are sending a replacement, within 5 minutes, I replied to the email asking if they can refund me instead!! Guess what, didnt hear from them until 24 hours later, how convenient and they told me package is already shipped but then without asking me again, they placed a return request!! These customers services reps are ridiculous, still didnt refund me but placed a request for return through the carrier???

I had placed about 7 orders and half the stuff I didnt even need and my credit card bill was horrendous and I decided to send them many items back and guess what, these people's return system is horrible, they kept sending me return labels with RA numbers but didnt specify the labels for what order or what items, etc, very confusing!! And, then the reps didnt even send return label for remaining items and many items I didnt even ask to return but instead on the system it said "all the items are refunded and replaced." Which made so much confusing and as I didnt know what RA belonged to what order number and when I tried to speak to tons of reps via chat, they are so incompetent and dumb and didnt even help at all!!! And, I had 7 orders and I didnt ask for return labels for all the items from each order as they had listed online, such freakin a big lie!!

Then, I finally made a list of order numbers and listed items for each and sent it by return label and I categorized them, which took forever, no thanks to them!!

And, now I have to wait for 3-4 weeks for refund and I basically spoon fed them how to process the return by order # and items listed next to it and placed in separate zip lock bags!!

These people's return system is just stupid and how can send me RA number and then next email doesnt tell me what return label belongs to what order number or what items and they didnt even send return labels or RA for all the items either as in some of them, they listed items number but on most they didnt, it was damn confusing and then the system was telling how "all the items have been refunded or replaced." which was a big lie!!

I say dont place a huge order because when you have to return something, these people make it exceptionally hard by issuing RA numbers and dont tell you for what items or order number

And, they will fraudulently will temper with your returns because online system would say "all the items have been refunded or replaced." then you second guess yourself, think, did I even ask to return this item because I clearly remember, I didnt, disgusting customer service!!

dariad
7/19/18

Last week I made a purchase and saw that they used OnTrac for shipping. Unfortunately I've had horrendous experience with OnTrac (9 out of 10 packages never make it to me with them). Sure enough, OnTrac once again marked my package as delivered when it was not. I immediately contacted vitacost and they shipped my package again, with FedEx this time. They followed up with me throughout the whole process and made sure I got the package and was happy with everything. They have great customer service and an unbeatable price for what I was looking for.

danielc205
7/1/18

I had 1 issue with the expiry date of 1 products purchased and they immediately offered me to refund me or to send a replacement . Their customer service was listening and trying to help . I'm ordering more and more from them because their service a flawless and their shipment process is very fast for my country (Canada). The goods are always very well and carefully packed.
I just wish they had more products and more brands .
I definitely recommend this company

nd62
5/30/18

They advertise "free shipping" if you order over forty-nine dollars worth of merchandise, but I ordered fifty-three dollars (pre tax) worth of merchandise and WAS NOT GIVEN free Shipping! They would not even bother to respond to my emails regarding this issue! DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY-THEY ARE DISHONORABLE!

jonk47
4/16/18

Having found that Now Mangoes were about 3/4 sugar consisting of added sugar as well as natural, customer service refunded entire cost without asking to return. Codes can be additive so made up for carrying product for me by selling 3 boxes of pom/blueberry/pistachio/antioxidant Kind bars, 1 of maple/pecan/sea salt & threw in free gift of a box with a code at a sum less than $53. Ships free over $49 (& $25/their brand), if memory serves! Other retailers charged about $16.50/box for what cost about $10/box.

ms450
4/4/18

I've been ordering from Vitacost for years. I've had one minor incident in all those years, a fish oil bottle that smelled rancid. I was expecting to have to ship the bottle back, but they not only offered apologies, but sent me a new one that arrived overnight. I was floored.

Fish oils are susceptible to rancidity if there's even the slightest breach in the seal. I live in AZ, and this was during the summer (nuff said), so it's not at all surprising.

I've never had any other issues with Vitacost, if you could even call that an issue; they've always exceeded my expectations in quality, cost, packing and delivery times.

jimv55
3/23/18

I have been ordering from vita cost for years and spending a large sum of money and they would not honor a 20%coupon from Lucky Vitamins,they said only 10% but when I went on my promo codes they were offering 12%,it was a good thing that I did order from Lucky Vitamins the prices way cheaper then vitacost and a lot more products.

sophiap24
3/13/18

My advice, dont shop at vitacost. Im in canada and never received my package, it took 30 days from the time my order was placed for them to process a refund. I had to email multiple times (most of which were not returned), and had to call several times. No one called me back. I was only emailed back after the refund was processed and it was a generic response. The supervisor Nina I spoke with was not helpful what so ever, not sympathetic and offered no consolation of any kind.
Not even a 10% off coupon which are given away like candy over there was offered to me.
This was a $300 canadian value order which had Bogos and I used a coupon, if I placed the same order again now it would cost about $400 canadian minimum. If I actually wanted the items I had ordered I will be forced to place another order without the discounts I received earlier from their sale. This is not ok at all. A coupon should have been offered so I could have had to opportunity to place my order again without it costing me anything extra. It was not offered even when I asked, just the same generic response from the supervisor Im really sorry, and I understand your frustrated. Because that is an appropriate response when someone asked for a coupon so they can re-order. You would think they would want to keep by business but apparently not. Save yourself some trouble and by from iherb.com, luckyvitamin.com or pureformulas. Never had a problem with any of these sites. Ever since kroger bought vitacost the canadian customer got the short end of that deal!
It's been exactly 30 days since my order was sent and the refund STILL hasnt cleared on my credit card, although it should. That is besides the point, they kept my money for 30 days and I never ended up with an order. So BUYER BEWARE. They could give me a $100 off coupon and I STILL wouldnt shop there again and I was a loyal customer for 5 years.

carolk99
3/5/18

I have been purchasing from Vitacost for years and years. I have always purchased my Alive Whole Food Energizer vitamins from them because of their fast shipping and low prices. I have never had a problem with the customer service it has always been great! But the last supply I received tasted very different and smelled different. Like I said I KNOW what these vitamins taste and smell like because I have been taking them for years! So I called Natures Way and she told me nothing had changed in the ingredients so which leads me to think these vitamins were old or not stored properly. I'm only buying from my local vitamin shop from now on and have some peace of mind. None the less Vitacost refunded my money no questions asked. I just wont be using them anymore. Id rather pay the extra money and know what I'm getting.

phoenixr3
3/5/18

I have bought several supplements in past and many known premium brands. All awesome... some wrong supplements were also refunded! Great biz...Good customer Care support..

elleb15
2/28/18

Always fast shipping and careful packaging from Vitacost. I have yet to receive an incomplete order or broken item.

tracig6
2/24/18

I've ordered from Vitacost at least 20 times and I've never once had any kind of an issue with an order or delivery. Amazing BOGO deals so keep an eye out for those. I use coconut oil by the buckets so it's nice to get a discount on it. Plus, their coconut oil is fantastic!

Yes they sell brand names and reputable products. They may not sell everything though depending on what you're looking for. I couldn't find the product I wanted anywhere other than through Vitacost so I was quite impressed.

By Michael K.

I am having major troubles with tracking my order or getting in touch with someone to assist me. I'm starting to think the site is a scam!

By Disappointed C.

Once in a while an order is slow to arrive, otherwise delivery is good.

By A E.

Vitacost is a distributor like Amazon. So each product should have an expiration date or "freshness date/code" if it is not something that can go bad. I have ordered from them for years and always received fresh products :)

By Robin D.

I buy Garden of Life's Raw Fit Protein powder from Vitacost at half the price of what our health food store sells it for. I trust the Garden of Life company. The product looks, tastes, and acts the same as what I used to buy in the store. It is in the same container with the same listed ingredients. Unless I have both samples tested by some 3rd party certified lab, I cannot say 100% that anything is authentic. However, I usually always buy products made by a company that I've purchased from in the past and that has a good reputation (like Garden of Life). Supplements are not FDA-approved, so I guess some corrupt companies could put sawdust in a capsule and call it a miracle weight loss product. So try to buy products only from companies you've used before and trust, that have helped you, that have some quality manufacturing label, are made in a country you trust (I buy USA-made products whenever I can, and read the reviews-skip reviews where people get something for free or highly discounted in return for "an unbiased (haha) review". Look up information online about the company and use your best judgement.

By Roseann Z.

Just keep sending them emails until a more dedicated customer service rep helps you. Or shop at Swansons; they have great customer service. Their product selection is not quite as good as VitaCost, but their prices are similar. Good luck!

By Alex A.

Working the night shift is as big a cancer risk as smoking! Is it worth that to you?

By Alex A.

If they are non GMO they will be marked that way!! I would assume they are not if they don't take credit for it :)

By Robin D.

There is a money-back guarantee on all of the products they sell. Often, you will be given a refund without even having to return a product. They really are the best in the business when it comes to customer satisfaction.

By Elizabeth M.

Check google to see if there are any coupons or Promos for Vitacost or for any other company you order from. Vitacost always has SOME coupons or promos, although I've been ordering from them long enough that I can't remember if they have a promotion for first time buyers. Just put into Google "Vitacost coupons or promotions" and several sites will come up.

By Roseann Z.
Questions? Get answers from the Vitacost.com staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Vitacost.com