VictorianPlumbing.co.uk

VictorianPlumbing.co.uk

victorianplumbing.co.uk

VictorianPlumbing.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.15 stars from 103 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. VictorianPlumbing.co.uk also ranks 110th among Bathroom sites. The most common issues with VictorianPlumbing.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• What a joke, let's hope their products aren't as shoddy as their customer service.
  • I used a reputable courier, recommended by Victoria Plumbing, and ensured I had suffient insurance on the package.
How would you rate VictorianPlumbing.co.uk?

“Hi”

Victoria A.
12/17/17

Hi my name is Victoria and am new on here seeking for soul mate and u can text me on +19843332940 or lovelyvictoria303 @ gee male .com

“Overpriced, Late and No Service: Can't Trust”

Michael H.
6/19/20

Overpriced, V. Late and No Communication Ordered a Bathroom cabinet, with delivery promise of 2-7 days. Confirmed it was in stock. The shipping depot receives it from Victorian Plumbing 12 days later and will be another 4 days before it is scheduled to get to me, so I still have not received the item!! No response to queries!! Can find item £200 cheaper else where!!! Unfortunately I trusted Victorian Plumbing to do a timely delivery; Do I trust them now..no way

customer service (38) victoria plumbing (8) bathroom suite (7) company (51) 3 weeks (7) shower enclosure (5) vanity unit (7) shower tray (5) day delivery (7) 5 days (8) 4 days (8) 2 weeks (4)
michaelh2473
June 19th, 2020
Overpriced, V. Late and No Communication
No response to queries!!
sarahf417
March 10th, 2020
Shocking customer service! If you buy from this company don't expect to be able to return anything!! Plus they don't respond to emails and put you on hold for minimum of 20 mins! Returned a shower as not suitable and got an email back showing me tiny tiny scratches saying the item was damaged and I couldn't have a refund!! The shower had been out of the box once, only to check on arrival. I spent £650 with this company and they even charged me postage to return the unwanted shower back to me!
emmaa96
January 8th, 2020
Had very similar experience to others on here. Goods were missing, customer service shocking. Spent ages on the phone trying to sort it. It's ran by the muppet show. I hate that I've lined the pocket of these jerks!
mariae239
February 11th, 2020
We made a large order: the most expensive item £500 shower head was missing. They said they have a proof of delivery of a sealed pallet, this means we received all the items. They refuse to either investigate or refund the missing item. Just like that: took £500 and got away with it. Just shocking. Beyond shocking
felicityw10
December 29th, 2019
Even 1 star is to good for this shambles on a company. Items from my order never arrived others half missing. The ones that never arrived I'm being told did because they can show me a box on a pallet in there warehouse! Wow proves everything. Email customer complaints in November and only had 1 reply since which was irrelevant to my enquiry!

Please avoid and spend you money elsewhere!!!!!!
joem1504
June 26th, 2020
Bought items from them, already 2 weeks more still nothing come. Send email to them, no answer at all. Try to avoid this company.
ianm83
January 10th, 2016
I had a bath that was damaged in transit and was expecting trouble after reading some of the reviews, The telephone contact took a while, but once I got through to customer support (Lydia Mathison ) we sorted the problem over a few emails and they sent a replacement . I have used the site since and have had good service
caroles264
June 10th, 2020
shopping for a bath room suite is easy online with VP but you get what POOR QUALITY and RUBISH CUSTOMER SERVICE. brought a whole new suite and ended up having to replace the show screen through a different company and the glass kept falling out of the wall mounting causing a potentially dangerous situation. CS ignored my concern and failed to act,
ym30
June 30th, 2020
Ordered from Victorian Plumbing because they said in stock items would be delivered in 2-7 days. What a lie! I ordered 20 days ago and am still waiting, each day they say it is showing for delivery today. What am I supposed to do, sit in every day waiting for an order that doesn't come? AVOID.
(Order number ORD**************597)
simong76
February 20th, 2019
Order processed & delivered on time. But with small damage.We agreed a partial refund, however it has taken 6 weeks to get the refund processed! Numerous emails, several phone calls to different customer service representatives. Only got the PayPal notification that it has been paid whilst waiting for a Manager to call me back, funny that. I would suggest that they need more internal process training to get the systems robust. A very frustrating experience.
flos12
June 5th, 2020
absolute JOKE of a company. I ordered the wrong size shower - my mistake fair enough. I had to pay £75 to get a courier to send the shower back as this company were only accepting drop off returns 100 miles away from my home!! Anyway, today i have received an email saying I won't get a refund of £275 because it's apparently damaged? THERE IS NO DAMAGE ON THE IMAGES AND IT'S EXACTLY HOW IT WAS WHEN IT WAS DELIVERED TO ME!
they're holding MY MONEY and conning me out of a refund! I WILL take this situation FURTHER.
anthonyd598
December 3rd, 2019
Absolutely disgusting after sales lies,lies, & broken promises total bull $#*!ters. Wc unit came with toilet & cistern but unless you take apart can't fit cistern then will have problem can't put back together when against wall. A simple clip on of lid would be far to obvious for the mentality of this company. Total disastrous company who shouldn't be even trading if trading standards new the real truth from suffering customers. Basically they will take your money and wave goodbye
kevind862
June 10th, 2020
Really bad experience.
Paid £1000 for a bath, the quality was terrible. I'm now waiting for the third bath, had to install two of them as they was happy to leave us with no bath for weeks.
No compensation as the said we shouldn't of installed it.
Rubbish company stay away.
russm21
June 5th, 2020
I spent over £2000 with Victoria Plumbing, and the products themselves seems to be fine, sadly the same cannot be said for the customer services.

One of the items I purchased was the incorrect type, which they agreed I could return and exchange for something else.

They were fully aware that this was urgent and my fitters would be gone in 1 week.

I returned the item and sent them the details of the replacement Item I wanted along with the return as request, and sent the details via email as well to make 100% sure they had them.

I confirmed the delivery of the returned item and contacted them to make sure they were sending the replacement item.

They ignored me and did reply for over a week, only to then ask for the information about the replacement item, which I had already provided TWICE. Then another week of being ignored, only to be told the replacement item was out of stock and I would have to wait another 7-10 days. Which they could have told me on day 1.

So I gave them an alternative, and asked for it to be sent urgently the next day.
Another week passes with no response, despite my chasing every day, it is now 3 weeks since I returned the original item.

So because they ignored me and refused to reply for weeks and never did ship either of the replacement items I requested, I had no choice but to ask for a refund and order from elsewhere.

Once I asked for a refund, suddenly they are able to respond, of course, as the ticket has now presumably been assigned to the "screw customers over" refund dept.

They have refused to refund me, which is effectively theft since the original item has been returned, and arrogantly tried to blame me for their failures to respond to send a replacement, which makes no logical sense, as I obviously have no control over their incompetence or inability to respond to customers in a timely fashion.

I have sent a dispute to my credit card company and requested a charge back.

I will not be ordering from Victoria Plumbing in the future.
jaynes38
March 17th, 2020
They are a bunch of charlatans! Their returns policy is non existent which means you have to foot the cost of the returns. This is what happened to me when a sink unit I ordered did not fit. The sink cost £214.90 plus the delivery charge. When it did not fit we carefully wrapped the sink and put it into the original packaging to return it. Unfortunately it was not clear about the customer having the responsibility for returns and so I paid for UPS courier service and paid a whopping £60 to collect the sink and return back to Victoria Plumbing. Unfortunately the sink got broken. Victoria Plumbing sent me photos and an email saying I could not have a refund. So who was responsible for the damage? The courier UPS or Victoria Plumbing? I cannot prove this so I was on the loosing end and lost my £215. Victoria Plumb are certainly not a quality company! I believe Victoria Plum which is a different company altogether has a return service not to be confused with this sham company Victoria Plumbing. The names are too similar so don't be fooled!!
danb599
December 10th, 2019
Be warned! what can I say about this company, from someone who rarely writes reviews, this company are appalling, we ordered a 1500 'L' shaped bath and a floating vanity unit and floor standing storage unit, the plumber quickly discovered there was a mark on the bath (damage) blatantly not caused during transit, likewise the bath was 'bowed' and was not straight, we did have the option of sending it back however the plumber advised he would fit and the bowing issue was resolved albeit it took more labour for the plumber to fit as it was defective, the mark can be seen but it wasn't too bad so chose to accept a refund, they offered £50 which is a joke to be honest as it cost more than that to play the plumber the extra to fit it, now for the really terrible part, damage was also discovered on the floating vanity unit after it was fitted, and this was blatantly deceitful from the company, as they had tried to touch it up with a blue pen!!!! I have the photos to prove this, again to the naked eye you probably wouldn't notice but when you pay hundreds of ££££ this is a disgrace, we also found damage to the bath panel (again photographed) this has all been raised and low and behold they are dragging their feet with any kind of meaningful response / apology, we have lodged a claim with the small claims court, disgraceful company and attitude to customer service, give these guys a wide birth is my strong advice
elizabethb622
November 20th, 2019
Poor customer service if a good is faulty. We placed an order for more than 2k worth if bathroom stuff. The shower does not work and we have been sent 2 lots of troubleshooting. We videoed the fault- they won't accept the video.We sent photos - eventually they received then. Poor on the phone and don't call back as promised. I have spent over 4 hours on the phone to them and we are no further ahead. now they are asking that I measure the waterpressue - you can't do this without buying a meter so I refused. They have asked for fault details, diameter of electrical wiring fuse amps etc - all of which I have supplied but because I cannot give them a reading for water pressure they will not refund or replace the item. I have asked for a manager to call me and this has not been done. This company is behaving dishonestly when there's a genuine issue with one product in a very large order. Do not use
victoriaa50
December 17th, 2017
Hi my name is Victoria and am new on here seeking for soul mate and u can text me on *******940 or lovelyvictoria303 @ gee male .com
jamesf1178
November 28th, 2019
I ordered a large shower tray from this company, it arrived on a pallet, Myself and the plumber fitting the shower tray discarded the packaging and brought it into the house, a couple of days later the plumber was ready to install and noticed it was damaged in various places, I telephoned the company who are very difficult to get hold of sometimes between 30 to 45 minutes to get through to them.

I was told to take photographs of the tray and email them back and someone would contact me regarding collecting the tray and issue a refund, no phone call and no email at all.

I rang again and had to wait a long time getting through, they said they had seen the photos and seen it was damaged as I said, they informed me they would get DPD to come and collect it.

We had mail from DPD with a collection date and on the day a time for collection, DPD arrived but would not take it as it was not in cardboard, it never came in cardboard only plastic which it was still in.
I rang yet again, this time I was told could I go to my local supermarket and get some cardboard to wrap it in, or take it to there depot ourself which was a long way and said this was not possible as it would not go in the car.

We managed to get hold of some cardboard and wrap it up the best we could, rang them yet again saying it is in cardboard now can they come and collect it, the informed me then that DPD could not collect as it was too heavy, so after all the messing around getting cardboard etc and wrapping it they could not collect it at all which sent our stress levels through the roof.

They said a pallet company the one who delivered it would have to collect the following week.
This was more hassle and stress as they said the delivery driver cannot come into the house and bring it out, you have to take it out to them and as I am working it left my wife with the problem.
We finally had it collected but would never order anything from this company again, we will see how long it takes for our refund.
chloeo9
June 14th, 2019
Absolutely rubbish. Poor customer service, no help or support offered after a broken vanity sink was delivered. Lots of money spent with a company that do not care about the product or the customer DO NOT USE VICTORIAN PLUMBING
jorges71
July 20th, 2019
Bad experience with this company. Made my order, paid for delivery. Got confirmed a day to stay home and wait for the delivery. Never happened...and called them and they blame the supplier as the tiles have to be delivered directly from the 3rd party. I am not still waiting to hear back from them and they don't have control on the orders and deliveries. Suggest to avoid this company if you have options
annw274
July 30th, 2019
The bath mixer tap I bought failed after 5 months. After a very slow response from customer service they agreed to refund the purchase price but did not refund the postage I had paid having it delivered - very petty. I sent them a copy of the £70 plumbers bill for having new taps fitted but they won't pay it. So due to THEIR product failing I am a total of £76.95 out of pocket. As I am currently unemployed I cannot afford this loss. What makes it worse is they just don't seem to give a stuff ! I would never use them again and would not recommend. Funny how on their site they get 5 star reviews !!
assumptah
November 1st, 2019
Shower enclosure arrived with incorect size glass panels,we sent Victorian plumbing photo by email, to which we received an automated acknowledgement. Having not had any further communiccation 48 hours later, we called customer support, and again received a standard email committing to 'investigate' the fault goods. Another 48 hours later and we still have not heard anything. It is now over three weeks since this item was ordered and paid for, and we are still without a functioning shower enclosure, and silence from Victorian Plumbing.
Based on this experience, we would advice anyone to find an alternative supplier and not use Victorian Plumbing.
matthewf180
July 22nd, 2019
Just worth noting that Victorian Plumbing do not publish *any* negative product reviews on their website so don't trust the glowing five stars for every product they sell - they are not accurate as i have discovered after two sets of taps both leaked within two years.
zivb
June 12th, 2018
Nightmare!!! Worst experience I had. I bought 5 items on April, 2018, two of the items are faulty damaged I am still waiting for replacement and £50.00 refund was issued as "goodwill" according to company. Two months still can't used my bathroom.
Third item toilet has fixing issues (many photos presented), but company can't see problem and can't offer me anything apart delivery refund.
Not recommend this company to anyone.

Because they are indecent and horrible beyond belief. How they are even allowed to operate with all these horrible reviews from people?

By Maria E.

Dear Norma, I'm incredibly sorry to hear about the delay with your order. I have checked our system and can see that you were contacted by email yesterday at 5:30pm - could you please check your email for details regarding your cancellation and refund. If there is anything further outstanding please do not hesitate to let me know. Kind regards Alan Victorian Plumbing

By Alan G.,

Hi Peter, hope you're well and thanks for your question. The answer is yes, day specific delivery is available, but it is down to the courier themselves and there may be restrictions in some cases. The best thing to do is check on the item's product page on our website and choosing the day specific delivery option for more details. If you require any further assistance please contact us info@victorianplumbing.co.uk Kind regards Alan Victorian Plumbing

By Alan G.,

Hi Kathleen, very sorry to have only come across your question now. I imagine you've already dealt with your return however, I do have an answer for your question. If you are bringing your items back in person it needs to be to our bathrooms showroom in Formby, not the warehouse in Skelmersdale. Yes there will be someone to sign for it. Please check our showroom directions and opening times here http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/About-Us.aspx Items will be checked and a refund processed in 7-10 working days. (if you are within your dates for a refund, otherwise it will be credit or exchange. Thanks. Alan Victorian Plumbing

By Alan G.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the VictorianPlumbing.co.uk staff and other customers.

Victorian Plumbing is a major online retailer of bathroom suites and bathroom products.

As well as supplying baths, showers, toilets, basins, taps, tiles and more bathroom products to the UK, we also supply our bathroom products to many countries within the EU including France, Netherlands and Germany. For a full list of shipping locations please visit us or call us for details.

Business History

Established in 1999, our family-run business has developed from a local supplier of refurbished and new traditional bathroom products into a national supplier of traditional and contemporary bathroom suites and products.

alang50
Alan G.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VictorianPlumbing.co.uk?

Have a question about VictorianPlumbing.co.uk?