VictorianPlumbing.co.uk

VictorianPlumbing.co.uk

VictorianPlumbing.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.14 stars from 148 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about VictorianPlumbing.co.uk most frequently mention customer service, next day and shower tray problems. VictorianPlumbing.co.uk ranks 111th among Bathroom sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Customer service is the worst I have ever come across.
  • Ordered 30 boxes of hexagon tiles, shower tray, shower waste black, wall cabinet and few other items.
How would you rate VictorianPlumbing.co.uk?

“Hi”

Victoria A.
12/17/17

Hi my name is Victoria and am new on here seeking for soul mate and u can text me on *******940 or lovelyvictoria303@ gee male. Com

“Avoid at all costs”

Jane P.
11/29/20

Ordered a kitchen tap, had it fitted by a plumber, within a week it was squirting water form the point the body joins the main base. I e-mailed, tried calling, no response. Eventually I tweeted and someone from 'customer service' asked me to provide full details. I did, no response. I've tried contacting them repeatedly, I've now given up. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!

customer service (43) shower tray (6)
janep291
November 29th, 2020
jamiep286
September 24th, 2020
Never again will I buy products from this company. Quality is so poor. Spent a lot of money on bathroom suite. Looks nice to begin with, until 4 months later, constant issues with vanity unit having to get replacement drawers as veneered MDF swelling up due to slight splash of water from sink which is ridiculous as supposed to be designed for bathroom. Slow close toilet seat falling apart, had to buy replacement from elsewhere and sink taps just terrible. Wish I read reviews before purchasing items.
bazt
October 16th, 2020
I've used this company 3 times and every time the goods have arrived damaged in some way. Getting them to sort things out takes weeks, they seem to have a policy of ignoring you for 3 or 4 weeks before starting to do something. Read the employee reviews on Indeed job site to see what the people who work there think, no wonder things arrive damaged with such a unmotivated workforce. AVOID
andyh362
December 3rd, 2020
The next day delivery does not deliver on the day you expect even when all the items are in stock.
Try calling the service team and they don't care a damn... so organising with workmen is impossible. Just rubbish that deliveries arrive many days later than they say... I'm still waiting, should have been here 3 days ago now and we are furious.
Call and they have a bad attitude, they lie to get you off the phone and leave you hanging with no idea when it'll arrive. Quick to take your money though!
michaelh2473
June 19th, 2020
Overpriced, V. Late and No Communication
Ordered a Bathroom cabinet, with delivery promise of 2-7 days. Confirmed it was in stock.
The shipping depot receives it from Victorian Plumbing 12 days later and will be another 4 days before it is scheduled to get to me, so I still have not received the item!
No response to queries!
Can find item £200 cheaper else where! Unfortunately I trusted Victorian Plumbing to do a timely delivery; Do I trust them now. No way
robertl1819
October 5th, 2020
Absolute Rubbish, order was over a week late, which was ok but no contact from company to let us know what was happening. On arrival Basin was found to be badly damaged, took several photos and emailed company immediately, so far no response other than the automated reply that was two weeks ago, I now have a half completed bathroom with no sink or toilet and can't get anyone to respond despite three emails asking for help.
johnh3978
August 6th, 2020
I have spent £2000 with VP and now into my third week of waiting for delivery. I have tried to chase up my order but it's impossible to speak to someone. I did a live chat and was 37 in the queue. What an awful experience and I can promise you I will never use them again. Once that They have your money they couldn't care Less about you. AVOID AT ALL COSTS
anneo77
July 27th, 2020
I paid for my items 2 weeks ago
Still no delivery
Cant get in touch with them
No one gets back to you
I will never use this farcical company ever again
I ordered other stuff from b and q and scewfix all delivered in 2 days and texted and emailed to let me know about delivery time
Terrible customer service they say they will deliver in 2 to 5 working days That is a lie
NOTHING FROM VICTORIAN PLUMBING
adams929
July 27th, 2020
In March 2020 I purchased a cloakroom suite.

I selected the most costly item because it was important that I received the highest quality product that would last the longest period of time.

Two weeks after installation the product started to fall apart because the veneer was faulty. This meant the MDF swelled.

Following emails that finally convinced them it was a faulty product (surely water can drip onto veneer from a sink!) and evidence by photo there was acceptance of faults.

As you would expect the items had to be torn out, tiles removed and new items purchased from another supplier installed. There was a significant cost for this.

Victorian Plumbing are still to compensate me for those costs despite an invoice being issued to detail them some months ago. Further I am still awaiting a full refund having only received a small gesture.

Every time I contact customer services I am told it is escalated to another team and nothing ever happens

I am hugely disappointed because my understanding was they are a reliable business.

Buyer beware!

It now looks like I will have to take them to the small claims court to get this resolved, which is ridiculous.
maryh1458
July 24th, 2020
We have just upgraded our delivery to next day having had our delivery pushed back by three days at a time from 16 July. You can't (of course) contact them by phone and they don't answer messaged queries. There is however a prominent button for upgrading your delivery service from free ( over £500 purchase) to next day. I feel a bit cheated as if it had been clear that they would not deliver on the free service, I could have had the stuff two weeks ago. Yet to see the items!
brianv297
September 13th, 2020
Take your money, never respond or try to help. No idea when my order will arrive or even if it will arrive. A total nightmare to deal with, I have cancer (4th time) and needed an upstairs toilet as the chemo makes me very ill, I ordered 5 weeks ago, and was informed order was in stock, now still waiting, I have tried many times to get an answer from VP, but nothing ever seems to happen apart from robot replies. This is just a rubbish company and I think all the 5star reviews by customers are fake
paulam897
October 24th, 2020
Ordering online and the company taking payment EASY. When wrong item arrives and you want to get in touch you have to pay for the return. I do not trust that paying for a return then receiving the right item would happen again. Customer service is the worst I have ever come across. If I worked the same way as this my job would be gone.
amalh12
November 3rd, 2020
We ordered a toilet almost a month ago; the cistern arrived broken. After multiple calls, we were able to get it replaced. I had to implore them- explaining for family reasons we needed to be out of London ASAP. The plumber came today - and the toilet is also broken! I called and asked for a partial refund because I am going to have to pay for the plumber to come out twice; plus, this is taking away from my time to work. They categorically refused. And were unable to say when the new toilet is arriving. Stay away.
sarahf417
March 10th, 2020
Shocking customer service! If you buy from this company don't expect to be able to return anything! Plus they don't respond to emails and put you on hold for minimum of 20 mins! Returned a shower as not suitable and got an email back showing me tiny tiny scratches saying the item was damaged and I couldn't have a refund! The shower had been out of the box once, only to check on arrival. I spent £650 with this company and they even charged me postage to return the unwanted shower back to me!
brians1512
October 8th, 2020
I purchased a monobloc bath tap with shower attachment. After it was fixed by a competent plumber the shower switch broke off. I have been trying for 7 weeks to get a response from Victorian Plumbing. They are not taking phone calls & are not answering emails. Very frustrating!
Brian - West Malling - Kent
ianm83
January 10th, 2016
I had a bath that was damaged in transit and was expecting trouble after reading some of the reviews, The telephone contact took a while, but once I got through to customer support (Lydia Mathison) we sorted the problem over a few emails and they sent a replacement. I have used the site since and have had good service
debbieb1078
November 17th, 2020
The worst after sales service I've ever experienced. Bought both black sink and bath taps (amongst lots of other things). Bath tap absolutely fine but the finish on the sink tap is peeling. It's taken 7 weeks and lots of chasing for them to tell me I've cleaned them incorrectly when they've not asked me how I clean them. Shocking service!
johnf2666
November 16th, 2020
Spent nearly 2000.

Toilet had a crack in it. Flooring had to be replaced as a result.

Sink vanity was sent with no handles... took a month to resolve and in the end they sent me another vanity for me to remove handles and send back the newly opened unit. Why could they not have done this.

Third; y the toilet seat after a few weeks is stating to separate with water swelling the wood.

Please, please do not be fooled by looks. It looks nice but is all a pile of sh*t. Awful quality.
emmaa96
January 8th, 2020
Had very similar experience to others on here. Goods were missing, customer service shocking. Spent ages on the phone trying to sort it. It's ran by the muppet show. I hate that I've lined the pocket of these jerks!
sabinab21
January 3rd, 2021
Verified purchase
I purchased various Keswick radiators (4 columns and 2 columns) over the last 18 months and one turned out to be faulty (it had a hole that could not be detected before fitting it).

The purchase was done in January 2020, although, due to lockdown and various delays with contractors, we only managed to get the last radiator fitted in September 2020. The radiator was always stored in its original package and it was delivered in a box and had bubble paper to protect it. It is very unlikely that it got damaged during delivery.

The radiator has a hole at the bottom (see picture) and it leaked on the floor boards causing damage on the floor. I contacted the customer service as soon as I noticed the leak before Christmas 2020, and they replied that they would double check with the manufacturer about this matter.

Days have passed by and I have not heard back since and I am now having to delay building work (flooring contractor) due to this faulty radiator.

Considering the price I paid for these radiators, and considering the overall amount of money I spent with this company, I was expecting a more prompt response, but instead I do not know if they are going to send an identical replacement radiator yet. Apart from the cost of the radiator itself, I now have to pay the plumber for removing the faulty radiator and fitting the new one. Who is going to pay for all these extra costs? The radiator is guaranteed for 5 years but the lack of response from the company does not sound encouraging.

Next time, I will shop at the retailer round the corner, as at least if I have a problem I can speak to someone, as compared to Victorian Plumbing which does not even have a customer service telephone number I can ring. Very frustrating!

Products used:
Kswick radiators

annh527
October 23rd, 2020
Paid additional £7.99 for quicker delivery but it took several days for the items to arrive! I asked for a refund of the additional postage charge 8 days ago because they had failed to deliver on time and they've not even bothered to reply let alone give a refund. They are a rubbish company. Avoid.
paulg44
September 11th, 2020
Be careful what size you order cause you won't get it. I ordered 700mm X 700mm shower enclosure which was exactly the size I was replacing. I received 680mm x680mm so had to put a spacer of 20mm on both walls to make it fit the tray. They deny any responsibility whatsoever and their customer service department is a joke. Will never use this company again
declank8
August 17th, 2020
Hi bought a few items from these. All came ok. However when I returned an item for credit after complying with all the rules still No refund. Can't contact them. All you get are generic email advising they are very busy and will be in touch. Going on nearly 8 weeks now.
rk413
July 19th, 2020
Awful service. Opened one of the boxes and discovered items smashed and not fit for purpose. Contacted Victorian Plumbing and still no reponse from them. Website says they won't take calls and the quickest way to contact them is via email. Joke! I now will go back to my card company and get a refund. DO NOT USE THEM!
krysiaj
August 6th, 2020
Ordered goods at beginning of July - arrived 3 weeks later, lots of items damaged. The furniture itself is good quality (when not damaged) and an excellent price (hence the 1 star) but we have been trying to follow up on getting replacements for the damaged furniture for over a week now, and it is just impossible. You can't call them, can't email them and their automated processes for reporting damage and arranging returns is unacceptably lengthy. I am shocked - my advice is if you can afford to pay extra money, look for the same range of goods you want on another, more professional website (even Amazon!). We are stuck now, and can't make any bookings to get our much needed bathroom done. Absolutely appalling; they are quick to take your money, but can't be bothered to provide any level of service. They shouldn't be allowed to operate.

I just had the same issues. Raise a dispute with your card company or PayPal if they are no longer offering the resolution. Again, the like making customers pay for the return even if it's no fault of yours. Good luck.

By Natnael B.

Because they are indecent and horrible beyond belief. How they are even allowed to operate with all these horrible reviews from people?

By Maria E.

Same as me they are rubbish I'm hitting every review platform I can find, warm other stay away, I waited nearly seven weeks for refund and they still owe me £50 for shipping, cowboys.

By Paul F.

Dear Norma, I'm incredibly sorry to hear about the delay with your order. I have checked our system and can see that you were contacted by email yesterday at 5:30pm - could you please check your email for details regarding your cancellation and refund. If there is anything further outstanding please do not hesitate to let me know. Kind regards Alan Victorian Plumbing

By Alan G.,

Hi Peter, hope you're well and thanks for your question. The answer is yes, day specific delivery is available, but it is down to the courier themselves and there may be restrictions in some cases. The best thing to do is check on the item's product page on our website and choosing the day specific delivery option for more details. If you require any further assistance please contact us info@victorianplumbing.co.uk Kind regards Alan Victorian Plumbing

By Alan G.,

Hi Kathleen, very sorry to have only come across your question now. I imagine you've already dealt with your return however, I do have an answer for your question. If you are bringing your items back in person it needs to be to our bathrooms showroom in Formby, not the warehouse in Skelmersdale. Yes there will be someone to sign for it. Please check our showroom directions and opening times here http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/About-Us.aspx Items will be checked and a refund processed in 7-10 working days. (if you are within your dates for a refund, otherwise it will be credit or exchange. Thanks. Alan Victorian Plumbing

By Alan G.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the VictorianPlumbing.co.uk staff and other customers.

Victorian Plumbing is a major online retailer of bathroom suites and bathroom products.

As well as supplying baths, showers, toilets, basins, taps, tiles and more bathroom products to the UK, we also supply our bathroom products to many countries within the EU including France, Netherlands and Germany. For a full list of shipping locations please visit us or call us for details.

Business History

Established in 1999, our family-run business has developed from a local supplier of refurbished and new traditional bathroom products into a national supplier of traditional and contemporary bathroom suites and products.

alang50
Alan G.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VictorianPlumbing.co.uk?

Have a question about VictorianPlumbing.co.uk?