Review of Uber

Tel: +1.8772238023
domains@uber.com

margl3
2/16/18

In Salt Lake City my destination was changed after I entered uber car. I confirmed with uber driver my requested destination at my pickup location. Then again when he passed the street I going to. He took me to the location on app that I had not requested. I jumped out of the car fearing for my life. Do not drive off with any car service without seeing your requested destination on their app.

mattm175
2/15/18

Ubers refund policy is a joke; dont waste your time. I had a very legitimate claim and Uber has been sending me back and forth numerous emails for just 16 dollar and they will just play you around. I always thought Uber is a reputable reliable company until today when i tried the service and realized how much they are fraudulent and their site designed to steal people money.

jimp155
1/29/18

Used Uber Eats 1 time in Atlanta GA, now my card has been used for other transactions to Uber. No way to let Uber know the possibility of their drivers selling credit information. Will never use this service again!

ronaldb116
1/18/18

DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR CREDIT CARD. I set up their app just so I would have it handy and had to give them my credit card to do so. Months later I got a charge from them even though I never used them. I called their customer service and got a recording saying the number was out of service. I called the number from my credit card charge and was told to leave a message on their web site.

donnal146
12/25/17

I waited over 20 mins for 3 different uber drivers. I got charged the cancellation fee because my stupid driver cancelled on me as it looked like on the app he was getting lost. He made like 3 u turns on the street before giving up and said I never popped out for my pickup. I'm on a public st by the bus stop. Other people were getting picked up by uber on the same corner I was and they all got their rides faster than me. The reason why uber didn't return my refund is because it past the 30 days which I understand but I didn't get my notification until it was too late and on top of that they said the fee is to compensate the driver for his time spent driving to my location. Are you kidding me? Driver never showed up. He most likely picked up another rider on the way. I was at a crowded baseball event. If we can track the driver on the uber app, uber should be able to track to see if the driver ever arrived to the pickup location. What a joke.

lucias17
12/15/17

The worse company EVER!
A GROUP of thieves. Was a complete nightmare That I went through.
I booked to Canada from Orlando and they sent me to New York. I found out when the confirmation came.
Took over 2 hours on the phone been hang up. And I couldn't have my money back on time.
DONT EVER USE THIS COMPANY

richardg242
12/14/17

Shortly after opening a Uber account, I was fraudulently charged for a Uber ride. My daughter uses and suggested how safe it is. I was in Florida boarding a plane to Wis, I received a call from an individual who asked "where pick up" in very broken English. I told him i was boarding a plane and did not request, or need a ride. When I landed in Wis, to my dismay I was billed for a Uber driver driving from Wis airport to my Daugher's house. I was shocked! I immediately tried to contact Uber by phone. Only to find there is no way to contact Uber by phone, even in emergencies! I even had airport police assist to no avail. I then went on Uber website to file request for refund. After numerous emails and providing supporting info to Uber customer support, the refund was denied. Uber position was a driver drove from airport to my daughter's house which I had in Uber favorites with No Rider! Really scary!! My daughter is concerned after I told her. I also provided a phone # and requested Uber to call to no avail. After denial by Uber, I did file a formal request with American Express, and provided same info and support as to Uber. After reviewing, to my relief, AE placed charge on hold and put a perm stop on any future fraudulent charges being submitted by Uber.

Tip for consumers: Beware of Uber! It appears they do no check out drivers! Uber takes No responsibility for unscrupulous driver! Driving to a unauthorized favorite address by a driver to obtain a fare is really scary stuff. Uber actions seem to strongly support these type of actions.

jps7
12/9/17

Like the drivers and ease of hailing a ride; also app is pretty good as long as everything is going well. HOWEVER, in Nov and Dec of 2017 my account was hacked and fraudulent rides were clocked in in LONDON and PARIS while I was in the USA. First time it was 4 rides; last time it was 9 rides and it all added up quickly. Two of my CC were used in the process, necessitating my CC Company to shut down one of my main credit cards... what a hassle to deal with all that. Customer Service (once you got it) was great as they did reverse charges (so the only folks out of the money I would assume would be the drivers, unless Uber picked up the Fraud Tab). But Uber did charge me a ''fee'' for reversing charges, so I did not walk away completely un-bruised. I promptly SHUT DOWN my account and will find another Ride-Share service that is more secure.

Uber has got some issues to work out... their CULTURE as recent news reports allude to but also a BETTER way (faster and easier) to alert corporate about big problems with the app and web site and FRAUD, etc. The system as it is now is elusive and painstakingly complex.

4 Stars for the SERVICE & Riders; 1 Star for the Hacking = 2 stars total as my review/ranking.

JP

Tip for consumers: Watch out for your account being hacked and fraudulent charges and trips added to your account.

nethenc
12/8/17

I happened to book an uber ride, driver accepted the ride. Even after 15 mins i din't see car moving around. I tried calling the driver, he didn't respond. I messaged on uber app, mentioning the address and asking him if he is going to pick me up? Driver cancelled after 5 mins or so!!! i was stranded with no where to go!!! this is ridiculous. Again uber charged me cancellation charges when driver cancelled the ride? This driver has 5* rating!!! When i reached uber customer service asking me to compensate as i have wasted 30 mins bcos of driver, uber says " Its ur problem and drivers, we can't take any responsibility for driver actions!!"
Why customers are charged cancellation charges when we cancel even after 2 mins, here driver cancelled after 15 mins!!!
Uber is a ridiculous company which is misusing customer data and leveraging the loop holes!!
Uber should be banned in US and every customer whose personal info is leaked should be paid compensation!! Uber tracks every movement and claims its to improve trip experience!!
My suggestion is first do a proper driver orientation and back verification, which will definitely improve customer experience!!!
Notice that if anyone has lyft and uber, uber price is lower, but if ur using uber alone they hike the price.... they do a predatory pricing!!!

tyronb12
12/7/17

Uber drivers need to retake their driving test because they can't can't drive. You guys get confused with directions too much. Uberpool rips off customers to make the most bang for there buck. I was literally late for work cuz we had to pick up some bozo in the opposite direction. And UberEats some B!@#$ ate my apple pie I ordered. Im not gonna go into details about that tho! Boycott Uber

jessical179
12/6/17

This morning, I had three charges from the UK (Uber Eats). I receive notifications about purchases per charge, as I was also involved in the Equifax breach. I'm assuming that my Uber account was hacked, as three orders were placed, and my credit card information is saved. I even got a call from a +44 country code, which is the UK, asking where I was and how to deliver my food. To top it off, my card was expired, yet Uber still authorized the charges.

I canceled my card with Capital One and wrote two separate emails to Uber. I have YET to receive a response, which is pretty terrible - especially considering the breach that they neglected to tell everyone about not long ago. I like Uber, but will seriously be considering whether I want to trust Uber with my information.

betha332
11/21/17

All I can say is if you enjoy being yelled at, sword at, insulted, threatened, having advances made at you, spending 20 min to make 5 min trip because the driver has zero navigational skills, have to rebook your trip several times because drivers keep cancelling, being over charged and double charged then Uber is the ride company for you. I would rather freeze walking to work in -30C weather than get into another Uber.

johns1998
11/11/17

I like the convenience of Uber, and have been a loyal customer for a long time. HOWEVER, when TWO of their drivers cancel on me within minutes, and then the PRICE GOES UP for the next one... I'm not a happy camper. I used to refer all of my friends to this service, especially the ones using Lyft.... Not any longer. $#*! this service, their drivers that were disrespectful on the phone with me... My business and my friends' business will go elsewhere. Thanks Uber, for your killings, lack of customer service, entitlement and garbage program. Byyyyyeeeeeeeeeeee.

annaa110
11/10/17

UBER treats their drivers with disrespect and essentially scams drivers into investing more time and money than the company pays. Much better driving companies out there

sylvian10
11/9/17

Iam really disappointed with uber charges!! For the last 2 months have been calling uber in different routes but unfortunately when I agree with charges uber declares for a journey in the end I get a higher charge of $3-$5 without any explanation!! Only todays trip where I had limited funds on the account my charges had no issue!!! This is cheating!!!

janet1739
11/8/17

In fact, lately I haven't used any other service because Uber is just so effective and affordable, especially when going out socially, because drinking and driving is not an option.

sachinj4
11/4/17

Uber is a big fraud.. They charged me with double money.. My money was cut from pytm also and my driver also asked for the money.. For the same there was no positive response from the uber customer care ...dont try it... It is a big cheater..

annem219
10/31/17

I was a pretty loyal Uber customer until my last trip. I open the app and the only three options are 1) wheel chair accessible, 2) uber cab and 3) Spanish. 1) I 100% feel for all handicapped and accept that there are options for them. I think it's great. Should it be the first option? No. Should there be a setting on the app that says the car needs to be handicapped accessible? Yes. 2) Why on earth would I call a taxi when I'm particularly calling uber to AVOID taxis????? The cost of uber cab makes absolutely zero point in calling an uber. It's more expensive! 3) Why in the $#*! do we have a Spanish option when we are in an English speaking country? There wasn't an English option when I was in Croatia using Uber recently. Nor did I expect it. $#*! UBER I WILL NEVER USE IT AGAIN.

supriyar1
10/28/17

Uber is frud , uber driver charged double amount from me on 20/10/2017. I was traveling from Thane to vikroli. I checked amount was Rs 176. After dropping me he charged Rs. 470. About this problem I discussed through sms but no positive response from customer care. They are not even return my money. Driver create show on the road so I paid money. But customer care people are also frud people. They don't want to resolve the Issue
My suggestion is don't go With uber. They don't even have contact number. They are cheaper and cheater

victorl59
10/23/17

I received e-mails from Uber asking me why I do not take Uber anymore. There is no way to reply to - they only SEND emails, they DO NOT ACCEPT e-mails.

1. AUTOMATED customer service is the biggest problem of Uber. That is the first reason for which I stopped taking Uber. I tried to call Uber when in need. I found with difficulty a number on the web. I called it and a stupid message said: "Don't bother leaving a message, there are 20,000 messages in this mailbox". Whoever left that message was a major $#*!, Probably Travis Kalanick or one of those $#*!y bastards that Uber has plenty of.

2. Uber VERY POOR customer service has cost me $ 650. In May 2016 I forgot my new iPhone ($650) in the Uber and there was NO WAY to retrieve it - there is NO Uber phone customer service where one can talk to a live person and explain the problem.

That's a big flaw. I called Uber automated customer service from a hotel and never received an answer. I e-mailed multiple times, I left feedback over the Uber website. I received a response only TWO DAYS afterwards. Of course, TWO DAYS afterwards my iPhone was long gone. That is why Uber poor customer service has cost me $ 650. Uber has not offered me any compensation for that - and THE SAME THING can happen again.

3. The cars are often dirty. I initially switched from taxis to Uber because I cannot stand taxis that are dirty and smell of food because the driver eats in there. However over time the Uber has started being just as bad. There is no quality control of car. I have had dirty Uber cars, or banged up Uber cars or drivers that couldn't follow a GPS and took much longer than they should have. The dirtiness is by far the biggest problems.
In contrast, Lyft has CLEAN cars. It enforces cleanliness.

4. I do not care about the negative press that Uber has had. However, I do care very much about:
- the car being CLEAN, with NO FOOD SMELL
- the driver that knows how to drive and follow a GPS.
- your having an ACTUAL customer service. It is impossible to e-mail Uer - though uber DOES send email to you.

Until Uber solves these problems, I will no longer take Uber cars. I will go to Lyft and other competitors, every time.

kyles101
10/22/17

This guy is the worst Uber driver I have ever met he doesn't even show up when asked to be picked up do not let him drive you anywhere

barbaras253
10/12/17

If you are in the Philadelphia area and your uber driver is Daemon, cancel it real quick. When she picked me up she was at the wrong address so I had to literally walk a 1/2 block to her car and when she called me to ask where I was at, she was rude, even though she was at the wrong house!

Her car smelled very bad (musty and dirty clothes) and it was dirty! She had water bottles on the floor and crumbs on her seats. I couldn't even dust them off because of the kind of seats she had. So I sat in crumbs the entire ride to work.

When it was time to drop me off, she was at the wrong location once again and I had to get out and walk a block to my building. She is by far the worst uber driver and I have had some bad drivers but she is flat out terrible.

mathelj
10/11/17

I was late for my work and appointment because driver's cancelled it for no reason, my place is easy to find so I wondered why they kept cancelling my trip. I had cancelled many times...it's not funny anymore " Uber" . I am almost done with you "uber". This company Sucks! I've been nice to all your drivers even if sometimes some of the uber driver's stinks I was still polite towards him. Now I download Lyft and will try it. Thank-you Uber!!!

richardc277
10/9/17

I've drove Uber for several months last year. I haven't drove for them since I found a good paying job but as of now could use the extra money for holidays. I've been trying to log back into my active account but had no luck retrieving a varification code since I no longer have the same phone/number. I've tried numerous times to contact them about this but with no luck. Every message I send are returned saying I cant reply to that email. & when I go to the website for Uber help I stil get no results back.

patc111
10/6/17

Uber accepted a prebooking for a 5 a.m. pick up to the airport with a quote of $32 base price plus taxes. An e mail stating that surge pricing was in effect was sent just as the driver arrived. We were already in the street. There was no time to cancel and book a limo so we got in. As a result, our fare was augmented to $126. I complained and they reduced it to $114. I am still fighting for a fair settlement . Today I took a cab.

366 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I strongly believe that if anyone makes $20/Hour driving for uber, everybody will come out from the offices I work for them. If you make minimum wage while you are driving for them you are lucky.

By Samir a. [Uber Rep]

Lmfao Women your crazy. And probably a feminst. And that's sexist women only driving women only being picked up.

By julian k. [Uber Rep]

Uber are thieves steer clear of their company at all costs!!! Read more reviews they have screwed over hundreds of people!!!! Does this help???

By joe t. [Uber Rep]

Ouch! They are thieves- I would call or cancel the credit card. Here in Florida they been raping, robbing, and assaulting customers!! Uber sucks and is bad news- at least they got banned here in Broward County Florida where I live!!

By joe t. [Uber Rep]

Dont use uber, use a taxi its cheaper and safer

By Matthew G. [Uber Rep]

Not a scam, but Lyft pays up to $ 500 for the same referral, so if you have Lyft, make sure you sign up for Uber and Lyft at same time so that your completed trips will earn you the driving bonus at the same time.

By Timbo J. [Uber Rep]

When I drove for them I didn't have one but if a customer had one I would use it

By julio g. [Uber Rep]

Direct deposit every thursday

By Mark L. [Uber Rep]

Once you are in their system and they have your credit card, it is difficult to remedy the situation; their site has no address, no email, no phone, you are at the mercy of scammers. They are overwhelmed by business and have no customer service.

By Roo Z. [Uber Rep]

I have painfully discovered another Uber fraud, which surprises me a great deal. You can Take a trip on Uber with the pickup and destination defined, and in our case this trip is frequently taken iwith Uber in about 25 minutes and $25. But, if the driver doesn't show the trip completed, the continued time and travel (possibly for Lyft?) just stacks up, In total they put $479 on my card for over 20 hours and 50 miles. Our bad for not catching the charge until the credit card bill arrived. I went right to Uber, but in a series of emails questioning why the account is in my girlfriends name and the card in my name, they created all all sorts of complexities asking question after question in multiple emails rather than issue a credit. I had to turn it over to my credit card company.

By Val S. [Uber Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Uber staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Uber