Review of Uber

San Francisco, CA 94105
35b7a43f108f4ae2b58bb92aeea003fa@www.uber.com

cristinak8
1/24/19

I'm a frequent uber user and I had no problems until this uber pool decided to introduce the short walk crap. I'm always having issues with the drivers, as I see an address and the driver sees another address. And a cancellation fee? Are you serious? There are many incompetent drivers out there so why do I have to pay $5 fee when they cancel? I'm saying bye to this service and I will make sure all my friends are aware of your games.

jasminer67
1/19/19

I am no longer a Uber rider anymore. They are admit that they did no wrong and that it could be my banks fault when clearly it's not. They are such screw overs, it's unbelievable... lost 27 dollars. They charged me $13.13 for a ride back to where I had to be at that time. The driver canceled and there was a cancelation fee of $5.00. So, I should've at least been given back $8.13, but I thought it was going to take some time to process. So after that ride was canceled, I had to call for another Uber driver, which cost $14.63 that one went pretty well. So, I checked my bank account when I got to my destination and saw that the money that I owed was already taken for that second trip, which was of course okay. But, the $8.13 was never given back to me. I then check mid-day yesterday and saw that the full amount of $13.13 and 14.63 was refunded to me and there were no pending signs or anything indicating that it wasn't set in stones. I checked my bank account today and saw a drop in the amount of money I originally had in my bank account. The history of the $13.13 refund was no where to be found and saw that the $14.63 was refunded to me TODAY and then taken out of my bank account TODAY. As much as it sounds weird, that is exactly what happened! They should be giving back that $27.76 that they charged me. They never sent a notification saying that they were going to so, and taking money out of my bank account like it's a toy, because it's not.

janettf
1/17/19

Used Uber for the first time in Seattle, found it confusing And there is no such thing as Uber customer service. No email, can't find the phone number and if you go on the app you have to search forever. Finally found something related to Uber cash. Wrote but whoever responded never answered my questions after sending it 3 times. . Had a problem with the promotional code. Deleted the app. Don't plan to use Uber again.

donalds322
1/14/19

When Uber runs over its customers. Buyer betware - Ueber is not all that is seems. At first I liked it. Ninety percent of the drivers are decent hard working honest people. But it's a crap shoot. I'd estimate ten percent are unscroupulous and should you ride with one of them Uber has no customer support. There's no phone whereby you can reach the driver or company. Case in point: Take Bill an apparently affable guy who will offer you a beverage on the way to your destination. Bill drives a Grand Cherokee and all indicators indicate that he is a criminal or accomplice to a crime. When Bill dropped me off at Planet Fitness I immediately noticed I left my bag containing an IPod and Bose headphones in the back seat. About $600 worth of equipment. I tried to wave him down but he wouldn't stop. Since then I have sent over 30 texts to him, the local Ueber office, and the corporate hub in Stamford. I even asked the Stamford police to investigate. As of this moment neither Bill nor Uebr care about larceny and they have no moral compass or desire for customer service. The car will get you from point A to poing B but after that your on your own. Uber won't lift a finger to help. Do you reaally want to take a chance with this company when you have your wallet, or keys, or handbag, or smartphone, or lose engagement ring on your finger? The smart answer is no. Bill is still out there. Lyft is the same as Uber. I'll check later today but smart money says they are much more conscientious than Uber who thinks its customer service is of no importance, even when expensive items disapper in one of their cars.

treat
1/7/19

Charged a no-show fee for a malfunction in driver's Uber app. (3rd person button in shared ride wouldn't light up so the ride wouldn't start.) Driver tried to fix the glitch for 10 long minutes. Then he said nicely, we would have to all get out and start our ride search over again. (in frigid weather at Laguardia airport.) We were all charged a no-show fee. My co-rider found no way to contact any customer support at UBER.

deank151
1/6/19

My rating keeps going down every time I ride. I am a pleasant customer. Either uber app is messed up or something else. Why no promotion's or discounts? I have been using it for past 2 years and no discounts. HuH! avoid.

keithb284
1/3/19

Uber charged me twice for the same ride and then told me one of my friends or my family must have used my charge account to book the second ride to the same place on the same day and they even added a tip for the driver of the ride I did not take.

Uber's advertisement that you can now CALL Uber for customer service is a bald faced lie, there is no phone number and no customer service by phone whatsoever.

Uber's business model is based on lies, dishonesty, and illegal behavior as anyone who follows current news can see.

Tip for consumers: Use Lyft instead

jayb271
12/24/18

So apart from some miscommunications with my captains a couple of times, it has always been a fair bit of help. Wonder if they can work up their discount game a little more. Great vehicles most of the times though. All in all, a "yes" for me.

laurencem43
12/20/18

I've wasted several hours of my time trying to register for this app. It's a scam. The support desk is completely incompetent, too.

carols597
12/14/18

I scheduled my ride 3 days ago for Friday night to go to an event that cost me $450. The ride never showed so I scheduled another ride. Confirmed it and another no show. I ended up driving myself and being late. Inexcusable.

jenniferr429
11/30/18

...but it is not Lyft. Lyft pays better and quicker. I am trying to change up my driving profile and they hassle you with constant emails.

husseiny2
11/6/18

It's a bad company and the pay sucks. Uber clams that your in independent contractor but in reality your a total employee to them. Example Uber controls your account, the support line sucks, they are a waste of my time. I highly recommend everyone don't ever work for these thieves. My account is on hold for over a week and half for yearly background check up. I did nothing wrong these $#*!heads are pissing me off. They don't pay anything to the unemployment which means no support for you when they hold you account. Uber is a Nasty DEVIL!

stacyh39
11/1/18

I used Uber last year and loved the service. I again "attempted" to utilize Uber last night (Halloween) for my 16 yr old daughter. Guess what? She ended up stranded miles from home due to YOUR inept incompetence. Needless to say, our Uber days are over. We will be utilizing Lyft from this point forward. Choose your merchants wisely!

harveyr35
10/27/18

Why the price range is jumping? I hate it, imagine you go to the city center for 15bucks. Thats okay, but then you want to come back in the evening and guess what, the price is 50-60-70 dollars. What the hell? Very disappointed

anitam135
10/25/18

I wouldn't even give this "company" one star. First of all, their drivers always cancel my pool trips because they don't want to do pool trips and then I have to deal with the cancel fee and the trip money they take. Apart from dealing with this all the time, about a month ago I was out with a friend and my phone wasn't working so my boyfriend called an Uber for me, about a week later we realized that they had taken $150 out of the account because of some cleaning fee. They sent us a picture that looks like someone spilled water on the door and they said that was the reason. So we told them that I didn't do that and that that could be some random picture taken by their driver and they didn't care. They are not giving me my money back. They didn't even send me an invoice detailing the reason why they were taking that money, I had to ask them. So they basically stole my money. Be careful people. This guys don't care about you, they just want your money. I already deleted my account, I'm riding with Lyft from now on, I've never had a problem with them.

robyna15
10/25/18

My account was cloned, so I have having money taken out of my account for Uber trips and Uber Eats that I did not make/have.

I tried using their Uber_support twitter account, and received the same automated message over and over.

I then wrote back, and didn't get a reply. I then replied to my reply, and my issues was apparently taken to the appropriate team. Who then sent me the same automated message.

I tried to again explain my concerns, but continued to received the same automated message.

The charges still continued to come out of my account. When I messaged them about this, guess what.....THE SAME AUTOMATED MESSAGE.

Terrible customer service!! If I could have given 0 stars that's what it would have been.

williamh761
10/13/18

I would give Ron, uber driver from Sante Fe negative stars if I could. On Oct. 12, 2018 we requested a uber driver to take us from our hotel to Sante Fe airport at 5:30am.The driver showed up, and intrduced himself as Ron. He seemed nice enough. My wife and I got in back, and proceeded to the airport. As we're driving, my wife and I are making small talk with him(where you from, how long you been an uber driver, and so on. Said he was from NY, and had been driving for uber in Sante Fe for 4 years. He started talking about tips, which I thought was very inappropriate. He said he buys water and hand sanitizer for his customers. I said ya, looks like a wet bar back here(lol). His demeanor quickly changed. He said " you people are invading my privacy." HUH! You "have no bussuiness invading my privacy RIGHT, RIGHT" (yelling at us) SCARY! We said we're just making small talk as he continued to yell at us. Finally, I told my wife I need to record this. He heard this, pulled over, and told us to get out. It was 5:45am, 40 degrees in an area that was dark no street light or bussinesses miles from our destination.He opened my wives door, and rudely told her to get out. He threw our luggage into the street and drove away. My wife is 65, and has a sling on her arm after a surgery. We didn't know what to do. It was our first uber ride, and I'm pretty sure our last.

briand392
10/13/18

Sorry i have to review Uber Eats on this site, but cannot find any way to write a review on uber.com or ubereats.com

Pathetic!

Speaking of pathetic, my Eats order was delayed 5 minutes at a time for over an hour, and then the order was cancelled. BY UBER!! WTF?!

As the customer, i thought i was the one who could cancel. I've never been fired by a merchant. I spoke with both Mae and Jose (a girl) and they even told me they have had similar experiences as "customers" of Uber Eats! Seriously?!

when your own employees complain about their employer, things are broken!

ritaa26
10/2/18

I took an Uber to the hospital but left my expensive cardigan in the car. I contacted the driver immediately from information provided in the app. He confirmed he had the cardigan. He said when he is back in my area he would drop it off. I did not hear back for a while so contacted him again. He said he would drop it off to me but I'd have to pay almost £45 for the trip or he ca drop it off at the Uber offices in Canary Wharf. I then asked he drops it off at Canary wharf. I also asked that he let me know the details I will need to collect the item. My fare to the hospital was £7 by the way. Anyway, the driver whose uber user name is "Abobacar" stopped responding to me. I contacted Uber and they said they had tried to contact him to no avail. So I suggested that they switch his access off to force him to come to the office but they did not respond to that request instead they pretended they could do nothing and that the driver is self employed so there's nothing they can do. I filed a Police report and the Police said they had a duty to resolve the issue on my behalf. I relayed the message to Uber but they declined. A few weeks after, Abobacar contacted them and claimed he was in an accident and that when he got the car back the cardigan was missing. So I asked if his insurance would pay for the missing item, they did not respond to that. The moral of the story is, if you have a problem with an Uber driver Uber will do absolutely nothing to help you resolve it. They appear to have a finders keepers policy. It is disgraceful. I still use Uber but will switch to a competitor as soon as I get a chance to find one. Also, I will send an invoice to Uber as advised by the police. I will follow up with feedback at a later date. Beware of "ABOBACAR" the Uber driver!

chrisp126
9/20/18

Uber Support in USA is basically bunch of
incompetent idiots. They are polite, and that is only positive thing one can
say. But they have no clue about anything, totally useless and waste of time.

My experience: I was having problem with uploading documents
and updating account. (I uploaded documents, but it was not getting approved even though everything was in order). I called Uber support 1-800-593-7069

- First time I called, they reviewed documents, told me everything
is fine and it will be approved within 2 hours

- Next day I called again (as it was not approved) , they
reviewed documents, told me everything is fine and it will be approved within 24
hours

- It was not approved so I called third day, now they told me they can not approve it and I need to go to Greenlight hub in Toronto, to submit documents there , do
(again) background check (even though nowhere on web site was asking for it)

- I did go to Greenlight hub in Toronto 9 days ago. They were fast, professional took my documents, updated it, did a background check and said it will be 5
days to get results but after that it is all good and I should be able to continue
driving with no problem

- (because you can not phone to Greenlight hub in Toronto) I called Uber support today hoping to be able to verify simple thing : Did they get results of background hack and if everything is okay. Incompetent loser on
the other side took a time to "check" and then said background check is okay
but he kept repeating like a parrot " we are in process of reviewing and it
might take 7-15 business days" . What are they reviewing he was not able to explain.

Conclusion: calling Uber support is total waste of time, they are useless bunch of morons

Tip for consumers: Conclusion: calling Uber support USA is total waste of time, they are useless bunch of morons

andrewb485
9/18/18

A promotion was offered in my area to sign up as a driver for uber 200 dollars extra if 100 rides were completed in a month... I completed 100 rides in 10 daysbut never recieved my bonus... So i called uber driver support... Who hung up on me 3 times then transfered me arround their office as i asked to speak to their managers... With them all saying i never opted into that bonus program so i wouldnt be getting it... After i asked to speak to a manager for the third time the male i was speaking to said he was the highest up in management and that he had herd my problem amd wouldnt be doong a thing about it and that he didnt have any more time to spend on the phone with me and he hung up again.... Here i come lyft.... No wonder there arnt enough uber drivers... Now there is one more less.

joand114
9/18/18

I have been unable to use my uber account for over a week, they cannot send a verification code to my phone, i tried a friends number, still not working, I called my provider, SMS messages are permitted, an after 16 emails to uber m they are still telling me they have a new team working on it and will resolve it, I have asked them to call me several time as they have numbers on their site that are definitely not uber. I cannot believe such a company gets away with this , they do not deserve business, I feel bad for their employees, I will be usong Lyft from now on!!

ashleyo49
9/11/18

They have little to no customer service. They have no actual person that you can speak to. They make it almost impossible. I have tried to explain to them in many different ways that they have charged me double for every trip that I have taken, and charged me double the tip for every trip that I have taken, and the money has come out of my bank account, but they still keep telling me that I have an outstanding balance and That I must pay it again!

sierrah23
9/9/18

Car number plate: GFI4CZK

This may not reflect the whole of UBER, however, as my first and subsequentially last UBER ride, I think its safe to say this driver was enough to turn me against using it ever again. First, he tried to overcharge my us for our luggage (literally 4 shopping bags), despite it fitting with an excess of room, then he refused to take us when we refused to pay the overcharged amount. Rude and horrible experience which reflects poorly on the whole company. Would recommend UBER to start sufficiently interviewing their drivers so we, as customers, do not have to put up with such disgusting manners which utterly ruined my day. It may be amazing in the US but in the UK you are graced with the most shocking drivers who have no concept of customer service.

If you use UBER and get this number plate, then save yourself the bother and find another car.

marcj51
8/27/18

While visiting Nashville for a concert on August 25th, I scheduled an Uber ride at the quoted rate (iPhone app) of $21.xx. We traveled from 5th avenue, not far from Bridgestone Arena to the Gaylord Hotel. Upon arrival, I tipped the driver in cash, and we exited the vehicle. A few seconds later, I received a notification that I had been charged $79.72! Uber informed me that there was a "surge charge" (which I had never heard of) and that it is applicable, essentially when there are very few drivers available, relative to the number of riders needing rides. Supposedly, the rider is notified of the surge charge before accepting or rejecting the ride, but I wasn't. I was simply told "$21.xx", then charged $79.72.

366 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I strongly believe that if anyone makes $20/Hour driving for uber, everybody will come out from the offices I work for them. If you make minimum wage while you are driving for them you are lucky.

By Samir a.

Lmfao Women your crazy. And probably a feminst. And that's sexist women only driving women only being picked up.

By julian k.

Uber are thieves steer clear of their company at all costs!!! Read more reviews they have screwed over hundreds of people!!!! Does this help???

By joe t.

Ouch! They are thieves- I would call or cancel the credit card. Here in Florida they been raping, robbing, and assaulting customers!! Uber sucks and is bad news- at least they got banned here in Broward County Florida where I live!!

By joe t.

Dont use uber, use a taxi its cheaper and safer

By Matthew G.

Not a scam, but Lyft pays up to $ 500 for the same referral, so if you have Lyft, make sure you sign up for Uber and Lyft at same time so that your completed trips will earn you the driving bonus at the same time.

By Timbo J.

When I drove for them I didn't have one but if a customer had one I would use it

By julio g.

Direct deposit every thursday

By Mark L.

Once you are in their system and they have your credit card, it is difficult to remedy the situation; their site has no address, no email, no phone, you are at the mercy of scammers. They are overwhelmed by business and have no customer service.

By Roo Z.

I have painfully discovered another Uber fraud, which surprises me a great deal. You can Take a trip on Uber with the pickup and destination defined, and in our case this trip is frequently taken iwith Uber in about 25 minutes and $25. But, if the driver doesn't show the trip completed, the continued time and travel (possibly for Lyft?) just stacks up, In total they put $479 on my card for over 20 hours and 50 miles. Our bad for not catching the charge until the credit card bill arrived. I went right to Uber, but in a series of emails questioning why the account is in my girlfriends name and the card in my name, they created all all sorts of complexities asking question after question in multiple emails rather than issue a credit. I had to turn it over to my credit card company.

By Val S.
Questions? Get answers from the Uber staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Uber