Review of Uber

San Francisco, CA 94105
35b7a43f108f4ae2b58bb92aeea003fa@www.uber.com

clarenceb50
4/18/19

Uber Support for Drivers is a disaster. They tell you to do the same thing over and over and keep giving you negative results. They also change their story constantly. No wonder they are unprofitable. I pity the fool who invests in this company. Incompetence is an art form at the support center. A bunch of malfunctioning robots.

meredithh35
4/15/19

I have been driving for Uber for 10 months and today I found out they are not reimbursing the drivers in Hampton Roads Virginia the correct amount for the tolls. I spoke to a few reps who informed me they will only correct the past 10 days. SHAME on Uber for not taking care of their drivers and doing the right thing.

chiquitah
4/12/19

04-12-2019 Warning! do not do any type of buisness with uber!! they have become pure evil! they no longer have customer service support. You can not reach anyone by phone and they email support team is paid by how may tickets they answer not how many problems they solve. so you get uncaring people playing games and giving you fake responses that do not help you over and over again. I have pleaded with these people and told them they placed the wrong account to my phone number and email so therefore I can not log on to see my pay tax forms or drive, they keep sending a short response telling me to check my app?? sooo I am done they messed up my account and have been giving my false help for over a week......so please beware beause if something should happen and you need them....you get people in another country playing games with your life!! BEWARE UBER IS EVIL

waynel116
4/11/19

Uber says all their drivers are screened and background checked..... Riiight.

Uber is like a box of chocolates. You never know what (who) you're gonna get.... Ted Bundy, Norman Bates, Green River Killer, Michael Myers, etc.

You are a potentially easy prey, oops target, especially if you had one too many drinks and a female.

When you say Uber, I say NO thank you.

WARNING: If you do use Uber, make sure the vehicle you are getting into IS in fact the Uber vehicle and driver, and DON'T JUST HOP INTO ANY RANDOM vehicle thinking it's Uber, or you may end up like that college girl who was found DOA.

timothyd103
4/7/19

the drivers around nyc are awesome !! the service of the app is very decent but still its not the perfect app out there...

joew284
4/6/19

Wish I could give less than a one star review.
It is so hard to deal with this company. No one to talk to so as to confirm that the reservation. The most difficult company to deal with for a ride.
I will never call them again.

Joe

sekiop
4/1/19

I used Uber in 3 countries recently and service was totally good. They should work a bit their customer relationship

hamidb10
4/1/19

Arrived at port Columbus Ohio few days ago and did not have a ride. For the first time, I downloaded Uber app. to get a short ride home. Prior to my arrival, I was in Chicago and checked their fair prices and it seemed inexpensive. Once I arrived in Columbus, I requested a ride which was higher by $9.25 So I thought maybe it was after hours and that would be ok. The driver arrived early and would not wait for me to get out of the airport so he took off because I was not outside immediately. I was not happy so I got on the Uber app again and requested a new ride. This time the fair was twice the original amount. I was totally upset. But who can I call. The drive informed me that they only pay him $1 per mile regardless of how much Uber charges the customers. I felt sorry for him and told him that I personally would not use Uber again.

dalem220
3/29/19

I scheduled an Uber pick up for 3 am in north Scottsdale Az for a 5:15 am plane. Uber did nothing to assure there would be a driver available at that hour. Uber simply began searching for a driver at 3 am. As a result I was forced to wake my son to take me to the airport. This is not a scheduled car service. It is unreliable. I will make other arrangements in the future. Thedaler

eduardoc52
3/26/19

On Saturday February 9, 2019 I was at the Costco wholesale store at the waterfront and I requested an Uber driver to return to my apartment. The Uber app said that the driver name was Asiha and the car was supposed to be a Red Dodge Avenger. Since the Driver arrived everything turned to be problems, first of all she arrived in a car that was not the one listed in the app, she arrived in a Grey Chevrolet Malibu, then she get lost trying to get out of the waterfront and she said that the GPS was crazy and she does not know how to get out there. My roommate and I had to told her how to get out there, then when we finally get on route to my apartment the GPS started working and she took a different route that was not the one that the Uber app was telling her to take. Once again, she got lost and in order to get back in track, she made a horrible U turn putting our life in danger.
I´m very concern about this situation because the information that the app tells the customers about the drivers has to match exactly with the driver's description and also with the description of the car. The information given in the app does not match with the description of the car and this can be a very bad issue if we had any kind of accident during the trip. I encourage you to review this information to prevent anything bad to happen in the future and also to review the driver information to make sure everything is in order.

maryd232
3/23/19

I'm fuming! I drove for Uber and wanted to keep the money earned (about 80.00) in my account. I knew I would not be able to drive for a while but I thought my money was safe. A few months later I tried to get into the site and I could not as it would not except my password. I waited another month because it was not that important at this time but what was that bothering me was the fact that I could not get in. Every time I put my password in it would kick out and not recognize it. There is no way I can get a hold of Uber. There is no customer service. Could not call them if you have a problem. When they list a problem there is nothing that says anything about trying to receive funds. There is no option for me to get this money back according to the way it is set up right now. At this point I want to get my money and I'm going to Not drive for Uber but will drive for Lyft. The area and time of year where I am is extremely populated in desperate need for drivers. Uber lost out with my service I am warning you but you better think twice before signing up with them. You will never be able to reach them

tl100
3/23/19

I had this horrific driver named Maria Paola. I'm shocked at her 5 star reviews. When she arrived, she didn't even look at me. She probably took one glance at me, saw I was an ugly, stereotypical-looking Asian, and was disgusted. I got in, and she continued to stare straight ahead. I smiled and said a friendly "Hi," and she barely said anything back. I told her where I wanted to go in a polite and friendly way, and she didn't respond. I could feel the DISDAIN and DISGUST from her through the entire ride. I respectfully asked her a question about Uber, since I hadn't ridden it many times before. She responded with curtness and condescension.

I normally enjoy talking with people, but she looked so repulsed with me, from beginning to end, that I didn't dare converse with her. It was an incredibly awkward and painful ride.

When we got near my destination, she rudely asked me if that was where it was. I patiently directed her to the actual destination nearby. Her condescension was very clear through her refusal to take a glance at me, and curt answers. I could feel the disdain throughout the entire ride - it was hanging in the air.

When I got off, she muttered something like "Have a good one" in the most robotic way, like she didn't mean it at all, and still stared straight ahead. She thought I was so gross, she never took a glance in my direction - I would probably blind her. :P

That was an extremely painful experience - but typical for what I get anywhere in SF. The disgust for what people WRONGLY see as lowly, unattractive, older, immigrant Asians is extreme in SF - and anywhere else. But, in fact, I'm US-born - much more American than she is - and probably younger than her. And I'm surely much cooler than she is. :P But she couldn't tell, and didn't want to know.

I was surprised to see she had 5 stars on Uber - that means she's friendly, smiley, warm, and conversant with OTHER people. Other riders even wrote that she's "friendly and approachable." WOW, she was the COMPLETE OPPOSITE with me - and rude, too, with a repulsed vibe that was very obvious throughout the whole interaction.

The disgust against Asians like me is more overt from non-Asian immigrants - and she must've been one, from Latin America.

Uber - please fire her.

ALL UBER DRIVERS need to treat ALL RIDERS with the same level of genuine warmth, friendliness, and care. Don't single out some riders for cold, rude, disgusted treatment for ANY REASON - especially if the riders are friendly, polite, well-dressed, and professional!

Uber's response was uncaring and unprofessional. I don't think I'll ride Uber again. And please, BOYCOTT them.

Tip for consumers: Drivers are nice and friendly to attractive and white people. They can be rude, cold, and condescending towards "unattractive" Asians. They treat different riders differently. Uber's response to this was uncaring and unprofessional. BOYCOTT!

geraldineg18
3/18/19

I used Uber from my home to a theater. The driver was More than courteous and the fare was $14. After the theater I ordered a ride from Uber for the return. Again the driver was courteous, but the fare that showed up on the receipt was $50. Since Uber has no way of contacting a human, I think I have been scammed! The email response was that there was no mistake and I can not get any adjustment

chrisl540
3/15/19

Saw 3 cars on map and none would come not a big enough fair for them. Stranded handy caped passenger.

seanp14
3/12/19

I CALLED FROM HOSPITAL TO GET RIDE HOME AFTER SURGERY,I WAS WHEELED DOWN TO ENTRANCE OF JFK MEDICAL CENTER GOT INTO UBER CAR HE TOLD ME I CANCLED RIDE AND WOULD NOT TAKE ME HOME.HE SAID HE HAD ANOTHER FAIR AND MADE ME GET OUT.THIS IS BULL $#*!,AND THEY CAN STICK THEIR 6$ CANCEL FEE YOU KNOW WHERE.I WILL NEVER USE UBER AGAIN.

joshe59
3/5/19

AHV J21
This vehicle with an Uber sign in front window blasts through neighborhoods passing people on the right hand side when it's one lane each direction, in the heart of valrico near school zones

thomash496
3/2/19

I had a pre scheduled uber ride on 02/22/2019. I received a notice that the UBER driver, Charles had arrived at my home, but no UBER car outside. I walked the block to locate the UBER driver with no success. Then. UBER charged me for a missed ride. Bad UBER!!!

sarac195
2/27/19

I don't like taxi, but I trust only this company. The price is ok and their drivers are always polite.

suzannes298
2/20/19

They never showed up for the taxis we booked, they cancelled them and then charged me each time £6 cancellation fee. My clients were 45 minutes late as a result of me having to keep rebooking taxis with them. As a result I lost a large contract, as well as them trying to continually take payments from my account until my bank stopped all payments. When I complained about this issue I have have had no resolution and they still owe me a significant amount of money. We will never use them ever again. Trust your local taxi firms instead to turn up and not rip you off.

cristinak8
1/24/19

I'm a frequent uber user and I had no problems until this uber pool decided to introduce the short walk crap. I'm always having issues with the drivers, as I see an address and the driver sees another address. And a cancellation fee? Are you serious? There are many incompetent drivers out there so why do I have to pay $5 fee when they cancel? I'm saying bye to this service and I will make sure all my friends are aware of your games.

jasminer67
1/19/19

I am no longer a Uber rider anymore. They are admit that they did no wrong and that it could be my banks fault when clearly it's not. They are such screw overs, it's unbelievable... lost 27 dollars. They charged me $13.13 for a ride back to where I had to be at that time. The driver canceled and there was a cancelation fee of $5.00. So, I should've at least been given back $8.13, but I thought it was going to take some time to process. So after that ride was canceled, I had to call for another Uber driver, which cost $14.63 that one went pretty well. So, I checked my bank account when I got to my destination and saw that the money that I owed was already taken for that second trip, which was of course okay. But, the $8.13 was never given back to me. I then check mid-day yesterday and saw that the full amount of $13.13 and 14.63 was refunded to me and there were no pending signs or anything indicating that it wasn't set in stones. I checked my bank account today and saw a drop in the amount of money I originally had in my bank account. The history of the $13.13 refund was no where to be found and saw that the $14.63 was refunded to me TODAY and then taken out of my bank account TODAY. As much as it sounds weird, that is exactly what happened! They should be giving back that $27.76 that they charged me. They never sent a notification saying that they were going to so, and taking money out of my bank account like it's a toy, because it's not.

janettf
1/17/19

Used Uber for the first time in Seattle, found it confusing And there is no such thing as Uber customer service. No email, can't find the phone number and if you go on the app you have to search forever. Finally found something related to Uber cash. Wrote but whoever responded never answered my questions after sending it 3 times. . Had a problem with the promotional code. Deleted the app. Don't plan to use Uber again.

donalds322
1/14/19

When Uber runs over its customers. Buyer betware - Ueber is not all that is seems. At first I liked it. Ninety percent of the drivers are decent hard working honest people. But it's a crap shoot. I'd estimate ten percent are unscroupulous and should you ride with one of them Uber has no customer support. There's no phone whereby you can reach the driver or company. Case in point: Take Bill an apparently affable guy who will offer you a beverage on the way to your destination. Bill drives a Grand Cherokee and all indicators indicate that he is a criminal or accomplice to a crime. When Bill dropped me off at Planet Fitness I immediately noticed I left my bag containing an IPod and Bose headphones in the back seat. About $600 worth of equipment. I tried to wave him down but he wouldn't stop. Since then I have sent over 30 texts to him, the local Ueber office, and the corporate hub in Stamford. I even asked the Stamford police to investigate. As of this moment neither Bill nor Uebr care about larceny and they have no moral compass or desire for customer service. The car will get you from point A to poing B but after that your on your own. Uber won't lift a finger to help. Do you reaally want to take a chance with this company when you have your wallet, or keys, or handbag, or smartphone, or lose engagement ring on your finger? The smart answer is no. Bill is still out there. Lyft is the same as Uber. I'll check later today but smart money says they are much more conscientious than Uber who thinks its customer service is of no importance, even when expensive items disapper in one of their cars.

treat
1/7/19

Charged a no-show fee for a malfunction in driver's Uber app. (3rd person button in shared ride wouldn't light up so the ride wouldn't start.) Driver tried to fix the glitch for 10 long minutes. Then he said nicely, we would have to all get out and start our ride search over again. (in frigid weather at Laguardia airport.) We were all charged a no-show fee. My co-rider found no way to contact any customer support at UBER.

deank151
1/6/19

My rating keeps going down every time I ride. I am a pleasant customer. Either uber app is messed up or something else. Why no promotion's or discounts? I have been using it for past 2 years and no discounts. HuH! avoid.

366 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I strongly believe that if anyone makes $20/Hour driving for uber, everybody will come out from the offices I work for them. If you make minimum wage while you are driving for them you are lucky.

By Samir a.

Lmfao Women your crazy. And probably a feminst. And that's sexist women only driving women only being picked up.

By julian k.

Uber are thieves steer clear of their company at all costs!!! Read more reviews they have screwed over hundreds of people!!!! Does this help???

By joe t.

Ouch! They are thieves- I would call or cancel the credit card. Here in Florida they been raping, robbing, and assaulting customers!! Uber sucks and is bad news- at least they got banned here in Broward County Florida where I live!!

By joe t.

Dont use uber, use a taxi its cheaper and safer

By Matthew G.

Not a scam, but Lyft pays up to $ 500 for the same referral, so if you have Lyft, make sure you sign up for Uber and Lyft at same time so that your completed trips will earn you the driving bonus at the same time.

By Timbo J.

When I drove for them I didn't have one but if a customer had one I would use it

By julio g.

Direct deposit every thursday

By Mark L.

Once you are in their system and they have your credit card, it is difficult to remedy the situation; their site has no address, no email, no phone, you are at the mercy of scammers. They are overwhelmed by business and have no customer service.

By Roo Z.

I have painfully discovered another Uber fraud, which surprises me a great deal. You can Take a trip on Uber with the pickup and destination defined, and in our case this trip is frequently taken iwith Uber in about 25 minutes and $25. But, if the driver doesn't show the trip completed, the continued time and travel (possibly for Lyft?) just stacks up, In total they put $479 on my card for over 20 hours and 50 miles. Our bad for not catching the charge until the credit card bill arrived. I went right to Uber, but in a series of emails questioning why the account is in my girlfriends name and the card in my name, they created all all sorts of complexities asking question after question in multiple emails rather than issue a credit. I had to turn it over to my credit card company.

By Val S.
Questions? Get answers from the Uber staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Uber