Review of TrustATrader

Tel: +44-1438-870097
sales@trustatrader.com

andrewm572
5/20/19

My old uncle was cold-called by a man in an unmarked van who persuaded him he had a problem with his roof tiles, although there was no damp in the house. After a short time on the roof he upped the price from £100 to £350, and would accept only cash, which my uncle paid up. I happened to be visiting my uncle when that payment took place and it appeared that my uncle had been victim to a rogue trader. The company involved is now in arbitration a recommendation site, where they are currently highly recommended. If they both make amends soonish, it may not be necessary for them to be named.

jasons675
4/15/19

In my personal experience as an ( ex) member of this site, The site is full of fake reviews. Trust a trader team only want people to sign up to there site and make people believe that they are going too get work on a weekly basis ( informing myself that I would get at least 500 views per month) and that I was guaranteed work on a weekly basis, In total I had 11 views and 5 of those views where myself checking my add. Please to any body that feels like parting with there money give it too charity because this is what this company is.....A GLORIFIED CHARITY TOO THEM SELFS.

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding our company. We would be interested to know where you have found these fake reviews as we validate the reviews we place live by contacting the consumer each time (positive and negative).

It is a shame that the website did not work for you as it has done for thousands of tradespeople in all different trades, however, we welcome your feedback on how we can improve our service in the future. If you would like to contact us to discuss anything further our contact number is 01438 870 096.
robs329
4/1/19

I had a very bad experience with a trader I found on Trust A Trader, I wrote a review stating my honest opinion but they wouldn't post it. When I complained they ignored me. They only care about the traders as that is where they make their money.

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thank you for your review and we are sorry that you are misinformed that we do not display negative reviews – as we do. However, if work has not been carried out by one of our tradesmen you are unable to leave a review as you cannot comment on the categories required for the review of tradesmen.

If you would like to discuss this, please contact our Complaints Team on 01438 905014 and we will be more than happy to answer any questions.
mikea48
3/30/19

I used this site to find a local decorator. On the basis of all the positive reviews, the trader turned up for a quote and low and behold, failed to turn up on time...
So, despite all the positive reviews, I left a negative review, as I felt this was justified, given that there was limited time and the trader agreed to be there for the duration.
The review was removed from the site and a very angry, annoying woman continued to harrass me, calling every day for me to update my review.
Basically, the traders pay money for Trust a Trader to protect their reputation - despite being totally rubbish at their trade - this site treats lay people like idiiots and should be shut down or reported to the trading ombusdman as they don't want to recognise negative reviews.
This was a really bad experience and the "customer care" abuse I got from trust a trader - now to be renamed trusf a scammer, won't be used or recommended every again.

PLEASE AVOID THIS SITE - look in the yellow pages, get 3 quotes from different trades and you'll have much more luck.

Tip for consumers: Please avoid. Look in the yellow pages, get 3 quotes and make your own mind up - don't reply on this scammer site where trades pay to protect their reputation.

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thank you for your review and we are sorry that you are misinformed that we do not display negative reviews – as we do. However, as you did not have any work carried out by one of our tradesmen you are unable to leave a review as you cannot comment on the categories required for the review of tradesmen. We do have an alternative option for you, however, we tried to contact you several times to discuss this with no success.

We thank you for your feedback and will continue to strive to give customers and tradespeople the best possible service
mattw367
3/6/19

I posted a genuine negative review but it has not appeared on the site and I have not been contacted per their review process. How can you "Trust" any of the Traders on the site if they don't post negative reviews? I won't be using them again.

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Hi Matt, thank you for your review. Here at TrustAtrader we take negative reviews very seriously and always investigate each negative review before they are posted. This can sometimes take some time and may be a reason to why the negative review has not been published yet. We do publish negative reviews and if you would like to find out a bit more about our negative review process, you can find it here: https://www.trustatrader.com/the-review-process

If you would like to find out about your negative review, please do get in touch with us and we will be more than happy to answer any questions.
rebeccam401
12/1/18

Easy to navigate website and a fantastic way to find a tradesman that you can trust at short notice!

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks for the review Rebecca
sallyh117
12/1/18

Brilliant way to find reliable and honest local tradesmen. I got let down at the last minute by a plumber a friend had recommended to me and luckily was quickly able to find a replacement using TrustATrader.

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Hi Sally, thank you for your review!
tammin3
12/1/18

great site . easy to use and i trust all the honest reviews on there . i always check before i purchase

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks for the review Tammi
amyl332
12/1/18

This website takes the added stress of finding an honest, reliable workmen off as you can read real peoples reviews to make sure the work you need doing will always be done to the highest quality. I have used the website several times and would not dream of hiring a workmen without using it its saved me so much money and time could not recommend the website enough

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thank you for the review Amy!
joannec153
12/1/18

Brilliant website. Great to check other peoples experience of a trader before you use them, gives me peace of mind

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks Joanne!
karens798
12/1/18

Use this site all the time to get comfort when choosing a trader. Have recommended the site to my parents who are currently getting lots of work done on their house.

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks for the recommendation Karen!
kathryns164
12/1/18

Easy site to navigate. Well layed out. Easy to use and great service.
Found pleasant experience.
Overall very happy

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks for the review Kathryn
roxannem42
11/30/18

Got me out of a bad situation with a cowboy trader. Would definitely recommend and use again! Easy website to navigate.

benf94
11/27/18

Needed a plumber immediately for burst pipe repair. Checked TrustATrader and they sorted me out, couldn't be happier.

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Glad we could help Ben!
kimberleyr12
11/24/18

A fabulous service that allow you to find reliable and honest tradesmen local to you. I have used several times and never been disappointed

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thank you for the review Kimberley!
seanm390
11/2/18

I came to TrustATrader to find a reliable tradesperson to take care of a few jobs I needed doing and found them to have just what I was looking for! Many trusted traders to choose from and I hired a couple who did the work perfectly. Would use again!

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks Sean!
sarahg337
10/29/18

Excellent site to find a trader that you can trust. Thank you, will be using this site again in the future.

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks for the review Sarah!
lindac697
10/23/18

am new this this and a bit apprehensive but found the whole process 100% reliable
accurate and easy
i got a great job done friendly and professional

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks Linda, we aim to take the apprehension out of finding the right trade.
alif23
10/22/18

this is a good site it will help me find a trusted trader in the future, we are hoping to have work done on the house in the new year

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks for the review Ali!
darrenw67
10/21/18

Been amazing over last 3 years the phone doesn't stop ringing. As long as you weed out the time wasters it's been such an asset to the pulling in of business. Would highly recommend even to bigger businesses

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks for the comment Darren, glad to hear it working out for you.
peterr267
10/21/18

TrustATrader offers a great portal for customers to review our performance with real customers feedback.
We have used TrustATrader for over 12 years and have received over 500 positive feedback reviews leading to new customers contacting us.

Keep up the good work TrustATrader.

The IT People (Home) Ltd

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks Peter, here's to another 12 years!
andys230
10/20/18

A great platform for honest traders to be found by consumers who want peace of mind when choosing a contractor for their work!

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks Andy!
wayneb201
10/18/18

Excellent, Highly recommended fabulously app. Great experience, gald a I am enroled Great avatars meant

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks Wayne!
rayc172
10/18/18

Great web site. Been on there 10 years now. I get most of my work from trustatrader. They advertise in most areas and they do radio and television

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thankyou for the review Ray
bens322
10/18/18

TrustATrader gets nothing but a big thumbs up from me, I've had the fortune of meeting Gary the owner - simply a down to earth amiable man who is passionate about the customers and tradesman in equal measure. highly recommended. If only other UK Businesses shared the same ethos.
Ben Sturge.

Response from Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Thanks Ben!

Hi Laura, A fully legitimate company. We carefully vet all tradespeople - more rigorously than most competitors and also all reviews. We also post both positive and negative reviews - which people get hung up on as their specific review didn't meet our guidelines. We are interested in helping to eliminate rogue traders, which is why traders who do not meet our high levels of service get removed. Please visit our website - https://www.trustatrader.com and get in touch should you have any further questions.

By Alex M., TrustATrader Representative

Hi Rosemary, If you visit our site and enter your postcode, you can find a range of vetted tradespeople who will be able to help - https://www.trustatrader.com/heating-engineers-gas-fitters Thank you

By Alex M., TrustATrader Representative
Questions? Get answers from the TrustATrader staff and other customers.

3 Photos for TrustATrader