Review of Tilly's

Tel: 866-484-5597
customerservice@tillys.com

debraw5
6/11/13

I am so frustrated with this site, I ordered a pair of women's vans sneakers. I am in NZ but we don't have half sizes in vans which is what I needed so thought I was buying from a reliable site. A few months later my vans are falling apart, I have emailed several times with no response at all, so rude and obviously don't give a hoot about their customer service. Money down the drain, won't be returning here ever!

danaea
5/7/13

I truly have a love hate relationship with this site.
When stuff is on sale and shipping is free and their promocodes work, I love it! (obviously).
But, here the big BUT, the above mentioned only happens, maybe if I'm lucky, one out of every twenty times I try to order something.
Let's focus on the good; when everything goes off smoothingly, it's great: tracking is sent to email once it ships, emails come a couple times a month with promo codes (that only work a third of the time), I even get a mailer in the post office box that features their overly prices So Cal wear.
That's all good.
The bad: When the clearance says 30% off (or additional 30% off) it doesn't apply to ALL clearence. Usually the kids is excluded or the adults are excluded and the kids section is rocking the additional 30% off.
If you don't nail a promo for free shipping, shipping rate sucks HARDCORE. I mean, excess of $13 and change most of the time, which most would say THAT ISN'T MUCH, but what they don't understand is companies have greatly discounted shipping rates through UPS, FedEx, etc. So what would cost Joe Blow $15 to ship priority ground only costs Tilly's $5. That's a HUGE disappointment. (Yes, some will point out that orders over $X get free shipping, but I don't want to spend THAT much every time I shop.)
The website is...yeah, let me say from a web designer's point of view, jacked up. For all intents and purposes it works fine, looks fine, is completely funchional, but when searching or trying to organize your view into 100 per page and by cost, it doesn't organize them in the least, sometimes items disappear and don't show up, only to pop up and say HELLO when you are searching for something totally different.
Also, their customer service SUCKS with a capital S. They shorted me two pairs of socks in a clearance 5 sock pack. They said that I'd have to SEND them the socks back, I have to pay the way, then they'll attempt to fill the order or credit it back. Dude, it was $3.00 for a pack of socks, it would have been nice to have 5 pairs for that price, but it'll cost me $4.95 to send them back to you. What they should have done was credited a dollar back, something like that, instead all he did was p*ss me off.

Would I shop here still? Yes, they didn't p*ss me off THAT much, but only if it's on sale.

ellea5
1/8/13

I moved and no longer live near a Tillys store. So I thought purchasing from the site would have to do for the time being. I maybe buy 4-5 things a year from Tillys. Well that's not going to continue because their online live chat and phone support really sucks. Any time a guy answers the phone they are stupid and not helpful at all. Whenever I try to do an exchange or a return by mail, it takes like 2 weeks to ship back to them because of THEIR prepaid shipping service being terrible and slow. I tried to return an item and just 2 days after I got it, by mail, and then do an exchange. Well while waiting for my package to get back to them, the coupon code expired and I called them twice about it and they basically said "sorry, tough $#*!" and didn't care at all to compensate for it, not even offering free shipping or anything. Just total bull$#*! service. They play dumb about everything, and act like they can't help you. DON'T CALL THEM, JUST GO INTO THE STORE, OR JUST DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE SINCE YOU CAN FIND MOST OF THEIR BRANDS ELSEWHERE. Because if you have to return or exchange something it's going to be a huge pain in the ass. They also have a 30 day return policy but that DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR SHIPPING TIME. So there's another reason you get screwed. I only had a jacket for 2 weeks, it took a week to get here and over a week to get back. So instead of giving a refund, they act like you can only get store credit which is then mailed to you in the form of a crappy giftcard. SCAMMERS. The employees are idiots and the companies policies are sketchy. I used to like this store when I didn't have to deal with the customer service, but finding out how the store is run on the inside really changes your overall opinion of the place. For someone like me who buys things online a lot, I am grateful for companies like Zappos, who make customer service most important above all else. Not Tillys though. They are terrible and seem to be run by a bunch of greedy lazy teenagers. DON'T BUY FROM THEM JUST GET THEIR STUFF FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE. NO WHERE COULD HAVE AS BAD RETURN POLICIES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE AS THEM. $#*!TY SERVICE RUINS A STORE WITH DECENT PRODUCTS.

jayh23
12/17/12

Return process is terrible! Its been 3 weeks. All Tillys customer service can tell me is that I returned the item. Not where the item is, if its been processed, if its on its way back to me, a tracking number or when I can expect it. This was a Xmas gift. I left a month for processing and I doubt Ill get it in time. The kicker is when I addressed the lack of customer service with the rep I was chatting with he "Ended Chat". Absolutely Terrible customer service. First and last time shopping at Tillys. !!

firstl4
10/26/12

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? I ordered a XL fake leather jacket and just opened the box to an XS!! Made in China, by the Chinese... for the Chinese! If you're a Pygmee or a Lilitputian it will fit you just fine but I'm a 38DD with a flat waist and I can't even close this thing! On top of that I have skinny arms and the sleeves are so tight wearing it would be impossible even if I could fit my rack inside! On top of that the beautiful brown is a hideous dark gold. STAY AWAY FROM TILLYS! The clothes look nothing like the photos. No wonder they prohibit reviews. NEVER AGAIN!! Wish I could it give it minus a thousand stars!

jenniferr26
4/30/12

Shipping was delayed, had to call in order to get my items shipped. Items arrived damaged. Will never order from there again. Their clothes are cute, but that was ridiculous.

dianeb13
4/13/12

TILLY'S PROTECTS IDENTITY THIEVES - DO NOT SHOP THERE.

I recently confirmed a fraudulent charge made on my credit card at Tillys' website and, when I asked for the name and/or address of the purchaser, I was told that they will not give out any information, including even confirming where the merchandise was sent, as a "matter of policy, because of potential liability." Apparently, Tillys is more worried about "potential liability" to a thief than it is worried about potential liability to a legitimate credit card holder. IF YOU VALUE THE SANCTITY OF YOUR IDENTITY, DON'T SHOP THERE.

aniecef
3/8/12

I really love this site. They have a variety of things on here and if you check the sales, you'll find great prices on items that you couldn't find cheaper anywhere else. So I ordered a pair of shoes, the shipping was an average wait. They didn't come early but it came on the estimated arrival date so that was okay AND my it was packaged nicely so I really liked that. I'll definitely order from Tillys again.

jessicab13
8/14/11

I like Tillys because they have some awesome jewelry...and lots of it! They also have a huge variety of different styles of clothes for women, men, boys, and girls. Great prices as well. I have ordered off here a couple times with no problems. I like to check out the sale items. They also have a live help section and a blog.

There's a $7.00 return fee if mailed back

By Kurt B.

The finally gave me back some of the money they owed, but kept $30 for shipping. BUT I didn't use their shipping, I shipped it myself for $8. They are thieves. I've spent another $28 in long distance charges fighting with them and have emailed them over and over and over. They just don't answer. This company should not be in business.

By I B.

Horrible return policy. All sales final. I will not shop there

By Zeida j.

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING. If you don't get the right size and have to return it, it's very likely you will not get your money back and you won't get any help from customer service. I'm sorry if this answer isn't about size, but I feel I have to warn you. The clothes look beautiful on the site but they aren't worth it.

By I B.

Questions? Get answers from the Tilly's staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Tilly's