Review of Tilly's

Tel: 866-484-5597
customerservice@tillys.com

meganv6
7/8/15

I've been shopping at Tilly's for about 5 years now and I've never had a problem in store nor online. But I've heard many bad reviews about Tillys and I just recently ordered some clothes online and I ordered them a week ago. Should I be worried

williamc97
6/29/15

Tillys is a cool store. Unfortunately in Pensacola at the Cordova mall, it isn't. A woman employeeapproached me and wouldnt leave me alone and kept asking if I needed help, basically held my $#*!ing hand through the whole store. When i went to purchase at the counter, the woman who was "helping" me find my clothes.. Was ringing me up and mentioned there was a contest for the employees to see who helps out on the sales floor the most..so she asked me if I remembered who was assisting me that day(it was her) and i said flat out no i dont. She looked offended. I said its cool i just wanna get my stuff(hinting she was of no help, she was very irritating) she asked me for my email adress so she could enter it for herself even though she didnt help me. She was darker skinned like me but Im greek so she was a little darker. Hey just wanted to say that contest is for employees who help customers...you dont hold their hand thru the store and $#*!ing get mad when I say you weren't helping you were irritating. Go work in the backroom or something...

zackt3
6/8/15

I initially bought a pair of brown Sperrys. I received gray Sperrys and not only that, they were scuffed and had dark stains on them. I asked for a return on their website and just received automated emails. 9 days later I chatted them and they said they I could ship it back to them for free. At least it was free shipping. Oh wait. The order was not flagged for a return and it would not let me return or replace the item. Once again I chatted Tilly's and they said to revisit the website and select replace. To my surprise, the order was still not able to be returned. Finally they emailed me a shipping label.

alexh94
5/29/15

Never shop at the Tillys in Victorville California. The store manager is a B*tch! She's pushy, rude,sarcastic and seriously dresses like a slob! How can you offer someone fashion help when you yourself can't even dress up and look fashionable! She thinks she is funny but is actually insulting. She tries to force you to buy "additional" items because you are messing up her conversion, whatever that mean! I will never shop there again!

kassyk
5/24/15

I've seen a lot of negative reviews about Tilly's. I recently went to the one located at the mall in my area, and I've never had so many helpful employees. They were all so friendly and they helped me with some options and even started a dressing room for me since I wanted to try on so many. The prices are reasonable and the clothes are exactly my style. Plus, they always have sales and a clearance rack. Will definitely be shopping here for now on.

hannaha7
5/21/15

Ordered a pair of Nike SB shoes for my son and two right shoes were sent to me. No replacement was available so I prepared too return the "pair". Customer Service was more concerned with sending me an offer for a percentage off my next order than with assisting me with my return. That was nearly a month ago and I have yet to receive credit on my Visa for the purchase. Needless to say I will NOT be using the offer for percentage discount on my next order; there will be no future orders from tillys.com made by me. Forget it!

justm22
5/21/15

Ordered online. Received an email stating my order had been received. 5 days later went to check on where my order was and the order status said "cancelled". I received no emails or calls regarding the cancellation. I called customer service and spoke to a horribly rude girl who told me that the items were out of stock and would not be sent. I asked her why there was no email or notification - she just said sorry for the inconvenience. I will NEVER buy from here again and will be sure to let everyone know how they treat their customers.

jenc19
4/27/15

It took Tilly's about 3 days to ship it out, and I got it in a week and a day to my house. I would consider this pretty fast shipping. I did not receive damaged clothes, although I will warn that the online versions of the clothes DO DIFFER IN QUALITY VS REALITY. In reality, the clothes are not of very high quality, but they are comfortable and you get what you pay for quality wise.

ib409
4/27/15

Returned items -- they aren't refunding my money even though they admit they have received my items!! They blame Borderfree, Borderfree directs me to them. This is disgusting customer service.

rosiem6
4/16/15

I recently ordered shoes for my daughter but i ordered the wrong size, so i sent them back stating i wanted size 6! big mistake i sent them back on 3/7 and i still havent received the shoes! i send them emails every week and finally called twice today. They are looking for them!! AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

shyanneg
3/25/15

I sent my shorts back that didn't fit and am being charged 16$ to return them so I am only getting back less than half of my money that I had ordered. I understand the shipping fee but if you use the return label they send you it's 8$ on top of that. One: it doesn't cost 8$ to ship short.s. And 2: there was no where said if I used this label is miss out on 8$ it's complete $#*! and I'll never order anything again from this company. Any other company sends the label and doesn't charge you to use it. I it would have came in my package that if you use this label you will cost 8$ off your order I wouldn't have used it but no it says it on the website instead. Doesn't matter that information should be included in return fees. Beyond pissed.

sarac34
2/26/15

I am 30 years old. I stay busy with my husband, work and 3 children. So I've been an avid "online shopper" for at least 8 years now. I've ordered from all sorts of websites. Battled all sorts of customer service, had garment or product issues when items were received from different companies/stores. This aside from lightinthebox.com, is the absolute worst store to order from. They charged me 4 times the amount in which my order cost. My garments came and 2 of the items were severely damaged. One was the wrong size and one was the wrong color. I only received one item out of my entire order that was as it should be. My package took 2 months almost to get to me. Now, to make a long story short, they refused to credit me back the extra over 300 and some dollars they fraudulently charged me even though I had a print off from my bank showing they charged me the price of my order plus charged me 4 extra times. They le t me return the unwanted items (at my expense) only never to send me any of my exchanges (it's now been almost a year ago....still received none of my exchanged merchandise). Customer service was absolutely terrible. The girl I talked to asked if I was from a different country because she couldn't understand what I was saying and I told her I was Caucasian and from va. She started laughing on the phone. Another girl I talked to said "she didn't honestly care about my order, it's her job to pretend that she cares". And another girl hung up on me. I would rather dumpster dive for my clothes than ever order from there again. It was honestly a horrible horrible experience.

fifil1
2/13/15

AWFUL !!!! ORDERED TWO BOXES OF CLOTHES , NEVER RECEIVED THEM, THEY SEND THRU FED EX , BOTH ARE SHADY COMPANIES , DISAPPOINTED

dj312
2/11/15

I've ordered 3 pairs of RSQ jeans on 2 different dates since Jan 28th, received both orders in a timely fashion and ordered another pair tonight. Loved the jeans..! The sale and free shipping code is too good to pass up..! I checked out using Paypal..!! This covers my purchases in case something goes wrong. I was able to track my package the entire way.

euijom
2/10/15

I bought a backpack. It had a strange zipper on top: square shaped instead of round, and it was hard to zip. The zipper broke within weeks. I contacted Tilly's and they said:

"Unfortunately, Tilly's does not offer a warranty for the merchandise we carry. Tillys.com accepts the return or exchange of full-priced merchandise with the original receipt and tags attached for up to 30 days after purchase. All merchandise must be returned in its original unused, unwashed packaged & resalable condition."

Ridiculous to not offer an exchange for a faulty product. Terrible customer service

taraj7
2/7/15

Awful customer service, they should be more experienced since they have such a glitchy website. After I placed an order they let me kno via email they had charged me a different amount! I cancelled my order but it was such a hassle.

paulb158
1/27/15

Size chart was off, would not exchange and sent a refund less $7.

wadel9
1/22/15

I made a recent order & received a damaged shirt. I sent it back, using the "Pre-Paid" return shipping label, and asked clearly for a simple exchange. After days of waiting (over 1 week) I received a response that Tilly's had actually REFUNDED me HALF the price I paid for the shirt, claiming I was responsible for the "Pre-Paid" return shipping label. So, to recap, I received a damaged item, sent it back & asked for a simple exchange, and was denied. In fact they gave me about a 50% refund on my shirt. Unbelievable incompetence displayed during this experience with this usually great company. I suggest you take caution when ordering from Tilly's clothing, as they are not willing to reconcile in any way shape or form. I'm simply out of luck! Thanks alot, it was a gift for my brain-damaged older brother, who lives in a group home. Now he's out of luck as well. Thank you so very much for this experience, so I can notify others to exercise extreme caution when ordering from an incompetent company such as this. Customer service was unbelievably horrible....

hateme
1/19/15

the worse place to ever deal with I ordered a faux leather jacket for my wife and waited 6 days to come and find out after 6 day that they canceled my order without notifying me or sending me any e mails and to top that off they still had a pending transaction on my crard so I called in to see whats going on and customer service sucks......... the girl was talking to me like she is about to yell at me and had the biggest attitude ever
for sure not a recommended place and for sure I wont shop there again

pamc14
1/19/15

Received a watch for Christmas and it was visibly broken out of the box. Tried to return and they were rude and referred us back to the manufacturer. Not their problem they said. Had to argue with clerk to finally get store credit. This took 45 minutes. Unprofessional and poor service. Manager was of no help either.
They have lost out business.

cammellam
1/5/15

love their clothes, usually reasonably priced, but then you buy something online from them and a week later they tell you one of your items is out of stock. this has happened to me three times. like really is it that hard to keep your site and inventory updated? guess ill just go to the store from now on

Tip for consumers: dont buy online their online service is horrible

isabelg3
12/30/14

$#*! this website , its the worst .. I tried ordering something and it said my card didnt go through and it told me to try again .. I tried like about 7-8 times and it charged me those 7-8 times even though it didnt take my order!

susanw57
12/17/14

Wish I had read these reviews before I ordered. If you want Christmas presents you better order in in July. I ordered on Dec 7th it's now the 17th it was suppose to be here today, it's in Mississippi and I am in Georgia. I have ordered clothes from a store in England and got them faster. Never again.

kijam
12/11/14

WORST SHIPPING EVER!!
My order shipped on December 2nd. FedEx tracking said it would be delivered by the 5th. I checked the site again on the fourth and it said it was in Oregon (I'm in Washington). I checked it again the next morning and it was all the way in MINNESOTA. It was four hours from me and all of a sudden it ended up 1,400 miles away. Then, it said it wouldn't be delivered until the 12th.. I check it now, and it says it wont be until the 13th! This is ridiculous. HORRIBLE customer service, also. They were no help WHATSOEVER.

bobbyj16
12/8/14

EMAILED AND CALLED... NO ANSWER. THIS SITE IS FULL OF $#*!. NEVER EVER BUYING AGAIN FROM THIS STORE AGAIN... STAY AWAY!!!!

There's a $7.00 return fee if mailed back

By Kurt B.

The finally gave me back some of the money they owed, but kept $30 for shipping. BUT I didn't use their shipping, I shipped it myself for $8. They are thieves. I've spent another $28 in long distance charges fighting with them and have emailed them over and over and over. They just don't answer. This company should not be in business.

By I B.

Horrible return policy. All sales final. I will not shop there

By Zeida j.

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING. If you don't get the right size and have to return it, it's very likely you will not get your money back and you won't get any help from customer service. I'm sorry if this answer isn't about size, but I feel I have to warn you. The clothes look beautiful on the site but they aren't worth it.

By I B.

Questions? Get answers from the Tilly's staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Tilly's