Review of Tilly's

Tel: 866-484-5597
customerservice@tillys.com

justm22
5/21/15

Ordered online. Received an email stating my order had been received. 5 days later went to check on where my order was and the order status said "cancelled". I received no emails or calls regarding the cancellation. I called customer service and spoke to a horribly rude girl who told me that the items were out of stock and would not be sent. I asked her why there was no email or notification - she just said sorry for the inconvenience. I will NEVER buy from here again and will be sure to let everyone know how they treat their customers.

jenc19
4/27/15

It took Tilly's about 3 days to ship it out, and I got it in a week and a day to my house. I would consider this pretty fast shipping. I did not receive damaged clothes, although I will warn that the online versions of the clothes DO DIFFER IN QUALITY VS REALITY. In reality, the clothes are not of very high quality, but they are comfortable and you get what you pay for quality wise.

ib409
4/27/15

Returned items -- they aren't refunding my money even though they admit they have received my items!! They blame Borderfree, Borderfree directs me to them. This is disgusting customer service.

rosiem6
4/16/15

I recently ordered shoes for my daughter but i ordered the wrong size, so i sent them back stating i wanted size 6! big mistake i sent them back on 3/7 and i still havent received the shoes! i send them emails every week and finally called twice today. They are looking for them!! AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

shyanneg
3/25/15

I sent my shorts back that didn't fit and am being charged 16$ to return them so I am only getting back less than half of my money that I had ordered. I understand the shipping fee but if you use the return label they send you it's 8$ on top of that. One: it doesn't cost 8$ to ship short.s. And 2: there was no where said if I used this label is miss out on 8$ it's complete $#*! and I'll never order anything again from this company. Any other company sends the label and doesn't charge you to use it. I it would have came in my package that if you use this label you will cost 8$ off your order I wouldn't have used it but no it says it on the website instead. Doesn't matter that information should be included in return fees. Beyond pissed.

sarac34
2/26/15

I am 30 years old. I stay busy with my husband, work and 3 children. So I've been an avid "online shopper" for at least 8 years now. I've ordered from all sorts of websites. Battled all sorts of customer service, had garment or product issues when items were received from different companies/stores. This aside from lightinthebox.com, is the absolute worst store to order from. They charged me 4 times the amount in which my order cost. My garments came and 2 of the items were severely damaged. One was the wrong size and one was the wrong color. I only received one item out of my entire order that was as it should be. My package took 2 months almost to get to me. Now, to make a long story short, they refused to credit me back the extra over 300 and some dollars they fraudulently charged me even though I had a print off from my bank showing they charged me the price of my order plus charged me 4 extra times. They le t me return the unwanted items (at my expense) only never to send me any of my exchanges (it's now been almost a year ago....still received none of my exchanged merchandise). Customer service was absolutely terrible. The girl I talked to asked if I was from a different country because she couldn't understand what I was saying and I told her I was Caucasian and from va. She started laughing on the phone. Another girl I talked to said "she didn't honestly care about my order, it's her job to pretend that she cares". And another girl hung up on me. I would rather dumpster dive for my clothes than ever order from there again. It was honestly a horrible horrible experience.

fifil1
2/13/15

AWFUL !!!! ORDERED TWO BOXES OF CLOTHES , NEVER RECEIVED THEM, THEY SEND THRU FED EX , BOTH ARE SHADY COMPANIES , DISAPPOINTED

dj312
2/11/15

I've ordered 3 pairs of RSQ jeans on 2 different dates since Jan 28th, received both orders in a timely fashion and ordered another pair tonight. Loved the jeans..! The sale and free shipping code is too good to pass up..! I checked out using Paypal..!! This covers my purchases in case something goes wrong. I was able to track my package the entire way.

euijom
2/10/15

I bought a backpack. It had a strange zipper on top: square shaped instead of round, and it was hard to zip. The zipper broke within weeks. I contacted Tilly's and they said:

"Unfortunately, Tilly's does not offer a warranty for the merchandise we carry. Tillys.com accepts the return or exchange of full-priced merchandise with the original receipt and tags attached for up to 30 days after purchase. All merchandise must be returned in its original unused, unwashed packaged & resalable condition."

Ridiculous to not offer an exchange for a faulty product. Terrible customer service

taraj7
2/7/15

Awful customer service, they should be more experienced since they have such a glitchy website. After I placed an order they let me kno via email they had charged me a different amount! I cancelled my order but it was such a hassle.

paulb158
1/27/15

Size chart was off, would not exchange and sent a refund less $7.

wadel9
1/22/15

I made a recent order & received a damaged shirt. I sent it back, using the "Pre-Paid" return shipping label, and asked clearly for a simple exchange. After days of waiting (over 1 week) I received a response that Tilly's had actually REFUNDED me HALF the price I paid for the shirt, claiming I was responsible for the "Pre-Paid" return shipping label. So, to recap, I received a damaged item, sent it back & asked for a simple exchange, and was denied. In fact they gave me about a 50% refund on my shirt. Unbelievable incompetence displayed during this experience with this usually great company. I suggest you take caution when ordering from Tilly's clothing, as they are not willing to reconcile in any way shape or form. I'm simply out of luck! Thanks alot, it was a gift for my brain-damaged older brother, who lives in a group home. Now he's out of luck as well. Thank you so very much for this experience, so I can notify others to exercise extreme caution when ordering from an incompetent company such as this. Customer service was unbelievably horrible....

hateme
1/19/15

the worse place to ever deal with I ordered a faux leather jacket for my wife and waited 6 days to come and find out after 6 day that they canceled my order without notifying me or sending me any e mails and to top that off they still had a pending transaction on my crard so I called in to see whats going on and customer service sucks......... the girl was talking to me like she is about to yell at me and had the biggest attitude ever
for sure not a recommended place and for sure I wont shop there again

pamc14
1/19/15

Received a watch for Christmas and it was visibly broken out of the box. Tried to return and they were rude and referred us back to the manufacturer. Not their problem they said. Had to argue with clerk to finally get store credit. This took 45 minutes. Unprofessional and poor service. Manager was of no help either.
They have lost out business.

cammellam
1/5/15

love their clothes, usually reasonably priced, but then you buy something online from them and a week later they tell you one of your items is out of stock. this has happened to me three times. like really is it that hard to keep your site and inventory updated? guess ill just go to the store from now on

Tip for consumers: dont buy online their online service is horrible

isabelg3
12/30/14

$#*! this website , its the worst .. I tried ordering something and it said my card didnt go through and it told me to try again .. I tried like about 7-8 times and it charged me those 7-8 times even though it didnt take my order!

susanw57
12/17/14

Wish I had read these reviews before I ordered. If you want Christmas presents you better order in in July. I ordered on Dec 7th it's now the 17th it was suppose to be here today, it's in Mississippi and I am in Georgia. I have ordered clothes from a store in England and got them faster. Never again.

kijam
12/11/14

WORST SHIPPING EVER!!
My order shipped on December 2nd. FedEx tracking said it would be delivered by the 5th. I checked the site again on the fourth and it said it was in Oregon (I'm in Washington). I checked it again the next morning and it was all the way in MINNESOTA. It was four hours from me and all of a sudden it ended up 1,400 miles away. Then, it said it wouldn't be delivered until the 12th.. I check it now, and it says it wont be until the 13th! This is ridiculous. HORRIBLE customer service, also. They were no help WHATSOEVER.

bobbyj16
12/8/14

EMAILED AND CALLED... NO ANSWER. THIS SITE IS FULL OF $#*!. NEVER EVER BUYING AGAIN FROM THIS STORE AGAIN... STAY AWAY!!!!

beckyc12
11/13/14

Worst website ever!!!! Bad costumer service , I had to finally call to place order since never could get site to work and took forever to get someone to answer the phone anyway the guy told me both items I wanted were in stock and then a day or two later got an email saying that one of them was out of stock I definately don't recommend ordering from this website is a complete waste of time!

jildour
11/11/14

Worst costumer service ever, and they don't seem to care about that. Thank GOD they canceled my order (for no reason and out of nowhere, probably none of the items I wanted wass in stock...) Shame I didnt read the reviews first. I'd rather pay full price then EVER ordering here again. Also a very bad website that does not work AT ALL.

Tip for consumers: Just don't do it.. Save your time and money.

kerac
10/31/14

when will I learn?I actually like tilly's clothes and want to shop there, however how long it takes me to get my stuff is ridiculous!

I live in MD & the time it takes me to get my stuff is usually anywhere from two weeks to a month! The first time I ordered it took a month something about a wild fire? The second time I ordered it took so long I actually forgot that I had ordered something. And this last (& final time) I went to the store in arundel mills so I wouldn't have to wait, but go figure they didn't have my size so they offered to ship it for free to my house.

Here we are over a week out and I still haven't received my stuff!I online shop all the time & tilly's is by far the worst!

ginab21
10/14/14

Don't order from this site. $#*! customer service and $#*! glitchy website. A majority of your order will be out of stock and whatever's left will be shipped without your approval while they dont have 90% of it! Thanks! Didn't even tell me how much it came out to after they e-mail me that 9 of my 11 items are out of stock. Would give 0 stars if i could. Glad to see others are just as fed up, because this really is ridiculous

Tip for consumers: Dont order...

zoek4
9/9/14

TILLYS.COM HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST SITE I HVVE EVER ORDERED ANYTHING OFFLINE FROM. ORDERED TWO ITEMS AND THEY BOTH ENDED UP BEING OUT OF STOCK BUT I WAS NOT NOTICED UNTIL I CALLED A WEEK LATER TO ASK, PLUS I ORDERED DIRECTLY THROUGH A CALL AND ASKED TO MAKE SURE THE ITEM WAS NOT OUT OF STOCK SO THE SAME PROBLEM WOULD NOT HAPPEN TO ME AGAIN. THEY DID NOT SHOW ME ANY SYMPATHY. MY CARDS WERE CHARGED

*****I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT BUYING FROM THIS SITE EVER********

siennay
8/9/14

I never have a problem with Tilly's! I love the store and always feel very welcome, but today I left feeling judged and bullied. First off, i am not loaded with tons of money so getting to buy something at Tilly's is special. Well, i didn't have any money, besides a $20 gift card so I was limited on what I could buy! So i was in the store for a good 20 minutes looking around, trying to decide what to buy when i found a pair of earrings and a cute tumbler cup that i have been wanting for a while now! So i went up to the cashier and there were five male employees huddling around. When i walked up they all started laughing and one of them said "I can't believe you come here, shop for 20 minutes, and then decide to but a cup!" I was astonished! I couldn't believe they were judging me for what i was buying. Hadn't they ever head the saying "the customer is always right." But I ignored them throughout the whole checkout process, even though they continued to laugh and make jokes at me. When i handed them a 20% coupon they told me, "I would buy other stuff. This coupon doesn't expire till next month and this is a waste." I couldn't believe the words coming out of his month. So he told me to buy like a shirt or something. Therefore, i went and grabbed some flip flops. But since i only had a $20 gift card, i couldn't afford the other stuff. So i told him I just wanted the flip flops, and so he just laughed at me mockingly and took 10 minutes to check out. At that point i had already had it, but when another employee walked up to me and said "that girl is still here and she is only buying flip flops," i had it! I couldn't wait to leave that store. I have never felt more humiliated in my life. I felt bullied and i don't ever want to return to that store again. First off, they never said anything positive to me like hello or have a nice day. Secondly, they made fun of what i was buying. And thirdly, they acted like i had to buy what they wanted me to buy, like customers don't have a choice. I felt embarrassed, ashamed, and most importantly angry. I am just dumbfounded that they even got a job at a world renown customer service oriented place like Tilly's. I am never going to shop at the Tilly's located in Queen Creek, Arizona ever again. So thanks the Tilly's employees they have lost what was a reliable employee.

There's a $7.00 return fee if mailed back

By Kurt B.

The finally gave me back some of the money they owed, but kept $30 for shipping. BUT I didn't use their shipping, I shipped it myself for $8. They are thieves. I've spent another $28 in long distance charges fighting with them and have emailed them over and over and over. They just don't answer. This company should not be in business.

By I B.

Horrible return policy. All sales final. I will not shop there

By Zeida j.

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING. If you don't get the right size and have to return it, it's very likely you will not get your money back and you won't get any help from customer service. I'm sorry if this answer isn't about size, but I feel I have to warn you. The clothes look beautiful on the site but they aren't worth it.

By I B.

Questions? Get answers from the Tilly's staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Tilly's