Review of Teleflora

Tel: 800-835-3356
customerservice@teleflora.com

maryannd22
1/5/19

I ordered a Christmas arrangement to be delivered to a client in Fort Lee, NJ on Friday, December 21st. I received an email on that day confirming that the arrangement had been delivered. A week after the delivery date, I did not hear from my client so I asked her if she had received the arrangement. She did not. At first I thought maybe someone in her apartment building had signed for it. However, after contacting teleflora, the florist said they had issues with the teleflora system that day and in fact was unable to make the delivery even though I received a delivery confirmation. Sounds like dirty business to me. If I didn't ask my client if she received the arrangement, I would have paid for something that was never delivered, the florist made a sale for which they never delivered a product. How many others ordered Christmas arrangements and never followed up with the recipient? What bothers me most is that I received delivery confirmation.

zaakg
8/6/18

I've have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau...here's a copy of the complaint.

On July 28, 2018, I ordered a floral arrangement from Teleflora. I was attempting to surprise my wife for our wedding anniversary on Aug 2, 2018. This year is especially important because she is 3000 miles away for school and we haven't seen each other in 4 months.

Upon reviewing their website, I decided on a bouquet which looked fantastic in their photos. This bouquet had 3 different options in terms of floral density. Given the occasion and circumstances I wanted to really WOW my wife so I chose the fullest (and most expensive) option of my desired bouquet. The website even went as far as offering measurements of what to expect in terms of width and height of the arrangement, so I felt comfortable upgrading the entry level option because I could somewhat quantify what she would be receiving. The entry level bouquet was under $40, the next tier was approx $50, and the one I ordered was $60.

At the time of the order, I had given the address of the clinic that my wife was completing her practicum as the delivery address. Speaking to her the night before our anniversary (so 4 days after placing the order), she informed me that she would not be going into her clinic the next day. I panicked, and after I finished our call, I immediately called Teleflora to see if we could alter the delivery address. The lady I spoke with was very understanding and she accommodated the request.

The next day, my wife received the flowers and sent me photos. This is where everything went downhill. The picture of the arrangement she sent me looked as though it was the entry-level option (barely). Upon my request, she measured the hight and width as well, and it fell very short of the suggested dimensions online. They were lacking about 50% (or more) of the quantity of flowers depicted in their photos. Their website does say that should the pictured flowers not be available, they will substitute. No where do they say that the picture is just a representation and what will be delivered could be half (or less) or the amount of flowers shown. Also, the card had the previous delivery address on it, so someone scratched it out and (with messy writing) hand wrote the new address on it. That would be fine if it were just an envelope containing the message, but rather this card had the message on it. Very unprofessional. The entire notion of this big, beautiful bouquet with a lovely card had been ruined.

I immediately contacted Teleflora via email, so this would have been within 8 hours of the initial delivery, still on August 2, 2018. They replied 4 hours later with 50% refund, so $30.32 return on a $60.64 purchase. This was not optional, or amongst other options, but had been executed by them without any input from me about what solution I might deem appropriate. About an hour later, I replied back suggesting a full refund would be more appropriate, not because I felt that it would, but rather because this is the line of resolution they decided for this case. I would have preferred a redo of the bouquet, and make it even larger than what I ordered as a good will gesture for the error. I also would have been fine with a credit in the amount I paid for a future purchase. Neither option was offered to me.

It took Teleflora nearly 2 days (Aug 4 @ 9:20 PST) to respond to my full refund request, and in their email they wrote "I apologize, but in order to issue a 100% full refund, we must pick up the order within 48 hours of the delivery date due to the perishable nature of the product. This allows the delivering florist the opportunity to pick the arrangement up for potential resale. The total refund amount of $30.32 has been issued back to your account. Please allow 2-10 business days for this to show on your account statement or by 8/16/2018." WHAT??? Replacement of the incorrect bouquet was never offered to me within 48 hours of delivery - when I made the initial complaint. As I stated above, this option would have been fine with me at the time. Now that 48 hours has expired (due to their delayed response) they cannot honour I have no choice but to accept a resolution forced upon me.

This complaint is not about the money. I have read all the complaints against Teleflora on BBB (almost 600 there) and other websites, and I feel it necessary to take a stand. If not for all of us consumers, they don't exist, and it's time they made us feel appreciated rather than us feeling like we've been ripped off. If nothing else, I hope this helps others avoid this experience. If your occasion is important, or even if its not, BUYER BEWARE.

harryh43
5/13/18

I thought at first that all of these one star ratings were a result of just the unhappy customers writing a review and that no satisfied customers had left their feedback. Now I know that the reason there are nearly all 1-star ratings is because Teleflora is HORRIBLE! I'd heard that FTD was bad, so I decided to try Teleflora for sending a Mother's Day bouquet. Silly me; I neglected to check Sitejabber for reviews before I ordered. Lesson learned.

I ordered the 'Premium" bouquet, and for these flowers to arrive on Friday May 11, in the afternoon. Although florists are delivering on Mothers day also, I thought I should ask for Friday arrival just to be on the safe side. Friday comes and goes. NO DELIVERY. I call Saturday morning the 12th (I have a recording of my call), and speak to an 'Ellen" in their LA call center. She looked it up, and said very vaguely that something went wrong and they would reorder, and the delivery would be on MONDAY, AFTER MOTHER'S DAY! She also said they'd give me a 50% off coupon towards my next purchase. I said no way, you will deliver it TODAY, and she put me back on hold, then came back on and said that she called the florist, REFUSING ABSOLUTELY to tell me who the florist was, and said that they would deliver it on Sunday, then corrected herself after I raised the question. 3 times more when she repeated herself she said that it would be delivered Sunday, then I had to correct her, and she said Saturday. She didn't mention giving me the 50% off coupon anymore, and I had to get off the phone, so I didn't pursue that. Not that I'll ever use them.

The flowers did arrive on Saturday, BUT they looked really droopy around the sides. I had to apologize for how they looked. I considered having Teleflora replace the bouquet, something I've never asked of a florist, but I know that Jesus will come before they would deliver the replacement so I didn't bother.

HERE'S MY IMPRESSION OF HOW FLORISTS HANDLE TELEFLORA:
Teleflora offers a lot of discount bouquet offers. They're just the middleman; the Florist themselves have to eat the discount. As such, Florists probably can't stand Teleflora, and make up those bouquets with the dying/stale flowers, saving the good stock to use for customers who have directly called that florist. If you look at all these reviews, you'll see the pattern that everyone gets junk.

MY ADVICE: 1) Don't touch Teleflora with a 10 ft pole. 2) Call an area florist directly (after seeing their reviews) and place your order; that way you have an actual NAME of the florist as Teleflora REFUSES to tell you which florist they used (could be a vocational school class for all you know), and you have a prompt recourse with someone who can actually do something in case you have a problem. It's extra work to look for an area florist online, but it's not that much extra work and it's worth it.

WORST FLORAL COMPANY/MIDDLEMAN IN THE WORLD.

malissap
3/8/18

I spent $80 on a bouquet of daffodils. But I got no daffodils. Just some tulips and lilies that died and never bloomed. Horrible.

telefloras
2/17/18

Overall bad experience
Bad customer service
Bad flower (actual) vs display (on website)
A lot fewer, bad flowers, I did complain, I got a 40% coupon for my next visit

timh140
2/15/18

Subject says it all. Ordered flowers and never showed up. There is nobody to call or follow up with via phone either. Spent over 2 hours on hold. Never use!!!!

victorb79
2/14/18

An order for flowers to be delivered on Valentine's day was accepted by teleflora online and a confirmation was sent. We waited all day all evening and then called while the order was still not delivered. So sent them couple of emails with no luck and finally called. After waiting over 1 hr some one come on line and give me this answer, "The shop we sent the order to did not accept the order because it's one hour away from their place." Are they not suppose to let you know right after they knew about it? No, because they don't give a damn. On top of that the obnoxious operator tells if me that it's not their problem. If that is the kind of service these guys provide, that is ZERO, I think they should close the business. Please spread this around so other people don't get hurt by these ugly, horrible and unprofessional company who don't know what they are doing.

johnv174
2/8/18

The company entices the buyer with amazing looking floral displays, then deliver an arrangement with a fraction of the flowers expected. Standard bate & switch operation. I paid $100.00 for the flowers and received a quarter of the expected flowers. Very disappointing. Avoid this website like the plague, else face getting ripped off by a criminal retailer. Contacted Teleflora's customer service department the very next day about the arrangement by both phone and email and they refused to address my concerns. I informed them I would be contacting the attorney general's office in the state of California about the fraudulent activity of their company.

colleenf27
1/16/18

I am giving this company one star as they did delivery something. I was very unhappy with the flowers delivered and brought it to the attention of Teleflora the day after delivery (once the recipient of the flowers sent me a picture of what was delivered). Teleflora offered me a "40% discount on my next order". I told them that they had to prove to me that they could make the present order right by rebuilding and delivering the arrangement I had ordered. They refused. Why would I possibly give another order to a company that could not make right the first order?? Baffles me. I will NEVER order from Teleflora again and would suggest that no one else does. This company has to learn what good customer service is and to deliver what was selected and paid for by the customer, not some paltry version they seemed as satisfactory. I choose my arrangements with care, attention and intent and TELEFLORA CANNOT DELIVER on their promise of floral content and artistic arrangement. So disappointing and an embarrassment for me as gift giver. Do not waste your money!

tamekas14
1/16/18

I will not recommend this company to anyone. I placed an order for my friends birthday using her zip code to ensure availability. I called the company the day of delivery to check progress, and they said it would be delivered later that evening. It was not until 11pm I got an email reply that my order was cancelled for no adequate reason. When I called customer service, the person was rude and didnt offer any resonable solution.

robinm147
11/15/17

Today is my Birthday and my sister sent me an arrangement from Teleflora thru Hills Flowers. When they got here all I could say was these are different. I called HIlls flowers after awhile to complain that this arrangement was horrible. There were 3 cut off flower stems with no flowers, half dead ordhids, and a red cabbage flower just stuck in there. They told me the name of the arrangement was Zen Artistry from telefloral. I looked this up and this arrangement looked nothing like the one on the Telefloral site. We have gotten arrangements from Hills in the past and they have also been bad. Looks like they just stick whatever in there to get it out the door. The gentleman I talked to told me that my sister would have to get ahold of them. I also called Teleflora and told them the same thing. I am also giving Teleflora a bad review because they had no interest in seeing the pics I had of what it should look like and what actually arrived. I will not do any business in the future with Telefloral as they do not seem to care about wether the recipient is happy with delivery. This is bad business and one would think they would want a happy customer customer.

marya757
9/10/17

I wish I had taken the time to look at reviews before spending &94 on a new baby arrangement in a keepsake container! I ordered on Friday and paid for same day delivery. When the arrangement hadn't come by 8 a.m. Saturday, I called and explained she would be released from the hospital at 11 a.m. So a delivery after that time needed to be made to her house. It is now Sunday a.m and still no flowers. I called to inquire and they said it was because she had been discharged. I explained I had given a specific time she would be discharged and an alternate address for delivery after that time! The reply was that they could deliver them tomorrow and they would send me a 50% off coupon for a future order. I told them not to bother as I would not ever use them for my flower orders again!

dianai11
9/9/17

My husband was not able to attend his brother's funeral, so we used Teleflora to send an online order for a funeral spray to be delivered to the funeral service.
It's incomprehensible that they did not send the flowers, but they left a computer message on the phone to call their customer service, then waiting time for a representative to answer is over 15 minutes. Then she had the audacity to put me back on hold without informing me that she was going to. Do you think she'll ever come back........????

PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM! THERE ARE TOO MANY OTHER GOOD FLORAL COMPANIES TO USE. YOU WILL BE VERY UNHAPPY IF YOU USE TELEFLORA.

craigs111
8/9/17

yesterday (8/8/17) was my anniversary. i ordered flowers for delivery to my wife's work to make her feel special on such an occasion, and to start off our romantic evening correctly. i paid an extra fee to get the flowers there by 1pm, as advertised on site by teleflora. 1 came and no flowers. I contacted them via customer service site on email as directed, but all i got was a one time email stating they would respond when they get notice from the delivery, but it was already 230 and my wife was to leave work at 3. so, i went into chat with a live rep. they contacted the delivery people and then apologized, refunded my expedition fee and told me that it would definitely be there by 330. so, i had to lie to my wife to keep her at work longer. 430 rolled around and still no flowers. i had to once again contact them through their live rep chat. that person then tells me that they are not responsible for guaranteed delivery times. i informed her that someone should tell her website and the other rep i spoke to, so no one would be defrauded money by the information given from them. thankfully, i saved all my conversations and screen shotted the web page. we never got the product i paid $115 for. i demanded a refund and now i am on sites to share my experience. what a crappy way to start off what was to be a romantic evening with my wife. the worst part is i had to share with her what was going on and of course it took me a bit to get out of the pissy funk it all put me in. horrible. don't bother.

Tip for consumers: dont use this site. i am positive there are plenty of others worth your time, effort, money, and memories.

danielles120
7/27/17

absolutely horrible service! I chose the bouquet I ordered based on the photo on their website (like everyone else) and what my family received was less than half the size, bare and terrible looking. They offered a 50% off coupon for next time, which I declined, stating that they needed to send new flowers. I paid $75 for this arrangement and was expecting so much more! They then offered to cancel my order, have the florist come pick up the flowers, and then send new ones later from a different florist....How embarrassing! The flowers were sent in sympathy and I am astonished that they had the nerve to say they would go knock on the door to take them back?? I will never use this company again!!

kathyo26
7/5/17

FOLLOW THROUGH WITH YOUR ORDER! I ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday in another state. I received a confirmation from Teleflora that my order had been delivered to the front door of my daughter's home. I realized my daughter hadn't called me to thank me for the delivery so I called her to see that she got them. She had not. I told her that I had an email confirming delivery. She had nothing. I immediately called their customer support to inquire. MIND YOU, I placed this order a month ahead of time to make sure it was delivered in a timely fashion. The customer support told me it was delivered. I told them it was not. They put me on hold and came back with an apology. "Oops....it will be there tomorrow." I wanted to know WHY I had an email confirming delivery. No answer. I was FURIOUS. Had this been a delivery to a friend or funeral home, or somewhere I wouldn't have expected a call, I would have never known it wasn't delivered because Teleflora told me it had been delivered through email confirmation. They offered to have it delivered the next day. HER B-day was TODAY I explained. Again, no explanation or solution. He then offered me 20% off my next order. SERIOUSLY?

They delivered the order the next day with another plant and an apology note. My daughter was very happy with the arrangement and the extra plant, so I didn't pursue the issue nor did I use my 20% off coupon offered to me. No one ever called me to explain why I was notified of a delivery that didn't happen. IF YOU USE THIS SERVICE, make sure you follow through with the recipient to make sure it was delivered....even if you get a notice of delivery. I will NEVER use them again and I'm telling everyone I know not to use them either.

lauram259
5/24/17

I have nothing but bad things to say about Teleflora. I ordered Mother's Day flowers from this website, and what was received was nothing at all like what was presented. It was actually embarrassing. When I saw the flowers I sent, in a nutshell, I could fit them in my purse, including the vase! The arrangement was ridiculously tiny. I have never seen flowers that small. Never again! I wanted to post this review to spare anyone else from having this experience.

eileeno8
5/22/17

The most horrible transaction ever!

I ordered flowers for same day delivery on 5/15/17. I got an email 4 hours later indicating that delivery was not possible same day, so I chose the following day 5/16/17. I spent $67.00, no extra charge for same day delivery so I didn't mind. The flowers were delivered on 5/16/17, but they weren't even close to what I ordered. I called customer service only to be told that they will only refund me 50%. I asked of the flowers delivered really cost $35 she said yes, being a reasonable person I agreed to a 50% refund. I was left on hold for 15 minutes when she returned she indicated that she submitted for the refund. I asked to talk to a Supervisor because I actually didn't feel that 50% was enough. I was told that a Supervisor would call me in 24-48 hrs. Still no call and a refund never got my account.

Do not use this company they are CRAPPY! I WILL BE POSTING MY OPINION ON EVERY INTERNET SITE I CAN UNTIL I GET A REFUND. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN CHEATED DON'T FORGET THE BBB

hannahd28
5/22/17

I ordered a nice bouquet for my mother-in-law to arrive at her home on Mother's Day. When the "flowers" arrived, there was nothing but boring, plain greenery-no flowers whatsoever and it looked nothing like the product I ordered online. I contacted Teleflora to complain, and at first they offered me a 40% discount on my next order (totally useless since I will never order from Teleflora again) and then when I told them this was not satisfactory they offered me a pathetic 20% discount. I will never order from Teleflora again.

jils
5/17/17

The only reason I am giving one star is so that I can give a review. Mother's Day flowers arrived one day late only to find they look NOTHING like the flowers ordered. After a 30 minute call, I was told they would be replaced the next day, which they were not. I called the next day to wait on hold over and over again until I reached a supervisor and demanded a refund. We will see if that happens. I am more pissed that my mom never received the flowers she deserved. HORRIBLE COMPANY!

carlyp8
5/16/17

I ordered flowers online last week for Mother's Day. I received a notification that they were delivered Friday, but they were never delivered. After calling and emailing Teleflora all weekend, I finally spoke with someone Monday afternoon. She told me that the flowers could not be delivered because they did not meet the order minimum (I had spent $50). I asked her why I was not notified of this, and why I was told that they were delivered, and she could not give me an answer. I do not understand why I was not notified of the order minimum, or why I was told they were delivered when they were not.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site

valerieb61
5/15/17

I sent my mother an arrangement via Teleflora for mothers day. They arrived on Friday morning and the white roses were brown and wilted by Saturday. First thing Monday morning, my mother reached out to the local florist who Teleflora used. "Creative Designs by Jim" in Wilmington, NC Jim refused to replaced the flowers and told her to call Telefora to get a refund. It was not a refund we wanted, it was the beautiful arrangement I paid over $80 for. after hearing all of this from my mom, I called teleflora and was told the flowers would be replaced. They then put me on hold and came back on the line stating they only replace flowers within two days. So because we did not call on Mother's day to complain, there nothing they could do. So obviously, they only guarantee their flowers fro two days. $80 for a two day arrangement, plus shipping and handling. Stay far away, just goggle a local florist to send flowers to someone out of state. That's what I had to do to replace them for her.

marcih5
5/14/17

I ordered 2 deliveries of flowers for Mother's Day. One order was for same day delivery. The other was for next day delivery. I received confirmations on both orders. The next day delivery was rejected by their florist because it didn't meet the minimum. I called customer service and cancelled that order because it couldn't be delivered in time (despite my confirmation from them). I confirmed multiple time which order was being cancelled.

Imagine my surprise to get an email today that the order that should have been delivered 2 days ago was also cancelled. This was the order from my elderly father with dementia for my mom, who lives apart from him.

If you have flowers you need ordered in a timely manner, don't use Teleflora. They do not deliver as promised. Customer service is no use.

dianel79
5/11/17

We ordered 2 arrangements from Teleflora for Mother's Day. They both were specials for the same price. One was beautiful with a variety of flowers and the other one delivered was just 7 small flowers for $68. I thought when I complained to teleflora they would contact the florist and deliver something better for our mother.. All they would do is give me half off and we would have to place a new order at full price. Our sister saw the flowers and said they looked so bad. I don't want to take a chance since the picture they advertised was nothing like what she received!

ellent24
5/8/17

I ordered a corsage 5 days before the requested delivery date. It was delivered at 7:30 pm and too late for the dinner event it was intended. Teleflora says they allow up to 8 pm as acceptable. I do not agree.

Since December I have been trying to use my floral Groupon I purchased. 3 different transactions have happened since then to try and use the Groupon and their company NEVER delivered any of the flowers. 3 different birthdays I missed and they even transferred me to a supervisor who then charged my account $90 when the order was only $25 after using my $40 Groupon.... And after the $90 charge, STILL no flower delivery. I had to get my money back from Groupon because I am never using this company again. I think 3 different times for 3 different occasions is a good enough try to fix the issue I had. I've had hours of phone conversations with this company and it still hasn't ben fixed. Now they charged my account again WITH an uncharge and no delivery. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!! This company is garbage

By Heather T.
Questions? Get answers from the Teleflora staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Teleflora