Review of SWELL

Tel: 1-800-255-7873
customerservice@swell.com

danak67
8/31/18

nceCan't seem to usethis website at all. Don't have time to wait and figure it out. Very frustrating experience

brittb9
10/13/17

I ordered 4 swim items. 3 of the 4 we completely wrong. When called customer service they said the pictures on the website were wrong. They cant get their website straight or their orders. Dont order from them!!

karam55
7/13/17

I was a little skeptical about ordering from here....but I went for it anyway. I received my order today and everything was perfect. Moral of the story don't always believe what you read.

andrewa72
7/13/17

Ordered Pants
Received Wrong Pants
Returned Pants 6/21 -Wednesday
Learned that the card used with Swell had been hacked- 10+ fraudulent charges
Return processed by USPS Friday 6/30 - 7 business days after drop off?.
Return arrives at Swell Warehouse Friday 7/7
22 Business Days Later
Present, Thursday 7/13 --------- no response from Swell

beverlees3
2/7/17

I ordered a surf board as a birthday gift for our son who lives in a different state. I ordered it hoping to have it arrive just before his bd. Nothing. I had gotten a confirmation email that stated I would receive another when it was shipped. I waited 2 full weeks and called Swell. My order had been thrown out as a fraudulent order! The explanation was something about a different IP address. Like most people I frequently order things on my credit card and have them shipped to other people across the country. I was told I did not get a follow up email to say the order had been thrown out b/c those emails were auto-generated. What?? I pressed for a better explanation and none was forthcoming. I was told I would have to go back on line, reorder the surf board and then call or email with the NEW order # so it would not once again be thrown out as fraudulent! They would not take the info and handle it for me on the phone b/c it was a recorded line. The surf board was almost $50 more the 2nd time I ordered it and they did "refund" me the difference. I hope. The 1st person I spoke with apologized. The 2nd person was as lackadaisical as I've heard. I am still baffled how a company that handles world wide orders can't handle a different billing and shipping address! They had the form for that when paying but obviously you won't get past receiving a confirmation email saying your order is soon to be shipped. If you want repeat business give the customer a call or at the very least an email if your computer decides the order is fraudulent!!! Maybe I should've rated them 1 star but I guess it could've been worse. Not sure how as far as customer service however. And we haven't completed the process yet. We shall see if the 'refund' is made and the board actually arrives this time.

adriang29
2/2/17

Ordered some clothes and had them delivered on my door 52 hours later in OSLO, Norway!! Everything was as expected. Really satisfied with this purchase!

lynetter4
1/20/17

So- there were some good sale prices. But the site kept freezing. So I had to keep leaving and re-entering the site. This took forever. Perhaps because of this, after placing the order, I received an email that my two favorite items were no longer available. So I decided to chat. Thinking there may be something similar. The lady I got stuck with was incredibly rude. Completely unwilling to work with me. Also, completely unwilling to work with me regarding a price matching request. I was told she was the only one there, so I had no other options. Then she did something that NEVER has been done before. She rudely left the chat prior to its completion. I couldn't be more disappointed. As another Site Jabber member also had difficulties actually getting sale items. In that case, Swell offered 30% of future purchases. In this case, they cancelled TWO items, and refused to even apologize. I'm wondering if their customer service continues to get worse and worse.

krystlew3
1/2/17

I bought a wetsuit it had a hole in it so I returned it along with 3 other items. Two weeks and no credit back I contacted customer service they said they had no way of tracking returns other than me logging in the websit except my tracking number said it was received two weeks prior and the website with my order said nothing about a return. Another week goes by I reach out again and they send me 4 gift codes for store credit. I needed my money back so I could get a wetsuit like I intended in the first place. Now Have no wetsuit and 300 credit to a store I don't want to buy anything from. They send me merchandise that's damaged it's returned in the 30 day window AND I don't get my money back BEWARE when shopping this website. They will take your money.

joshj17
11/21/16

Terrible customer service, they are the most INFAMOUS website out there. Stay away!!!!!

Response from Philip R., SWELL Representative
Hello Josh, Sorry you were not happy with the service you have received. If you let me know what the issue was and your order number, we can see what we can do to better help you. Please email customerservice@swell.com and put Attn: Andrea in the subject. Thank you!
waynew42
9/30/16

I had a great experience at swell and if you like good people and good cannabis then swell is the place for you.

scottm174
9/11/16

I had an experience in the past where a return took months to be applied to my account... that was followed by an apology from customer service. Now, I return another package which was purchased on 7/6/2016 and still no credit yet... WTH takes so long to process folks? If you purchase something from this company and need to return it, be prepared to wait for your money to return to your account... poorest of service on this aspect from swell... will never purchase from them again. Calling credit card company Monday morning.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

Response from Philip R., SWELL Representative
HI Scott- Appreciate the review. May we have your order number to better assist you?
bretts38
9/4/16

We've shopped at swell.com for quite sometime and really like the selection of products. On this order swell gave us free upgraded shipping and just wanted to say "thank you!".

patrickb95
8/23/16

Living near Charlotte NC limits my availability of excellent Surfwear. Quality surf shops are 4 or more hours away. Swell has filled that spot for me. I love their selection of high quality gear and they have shipped all my orders within days of them being placed. Many times the items come all the way across the US in 2 days as well. I had one item in an order that was of the wrong color but it was taken care of in a timely matter and I never even had to email or call customer service. I just filled out their return forms online and waited patiently. Everything worked out well. I ALWAYS look forward to their emails as they seem to always include a discount code and gives me a new look at items I might not ever browse. They've got my business!

rm110
8/23/16

UPDATE: Swell now has indicated I can expect to receive my original package in 2 days. Interesting how the impossible has suddenly become possible. We will see.

-----

My apartment number was left off of my recent order. I went to go track my package online, and FedEx indicated: "Incorrect address, unable to deliver - Returning package to shipper - Please contact shipper/merchant for details." I contacted Swell immediately, and they said there was NOTHING THEY COULD DO, but wait until the items were returned to their warehouse (a full week) and then send it back to me 2-day.

My Post Office understandably will only deal with the shipper, so I suggested they contact them, providing the PO phone number, since Swell is the shipper and the package is literally sitting right down the road from me. They said they could not do this (?).

So, I suggested they reissue the order and ship it to me 2-day, since it was ALREADY PAID FOR, but they said they would not do this until the items were back in their warehouse or I could pay for a SECOND full order and they would refund me when the items were received back.

From a customer standpoint, this is really frustrating to me. First of all, Swell should have been the one to catch the problem and notify me that the apartment number was missing and advise me of any delay. Secondly, they can clearly see the package never made it here, so why not reissue a new order with the verifiable assumption that the original package is on its way back. They should have that tracking information.

From a company perspective, I can respect their desire to have the original items back in-house before issuing new ones, but this is not a customer-friendly way to do business. I've already paid for the items, they can track the return package, and I've spend hundreds of dollars with them, so they can see that I'm a loyal paying customer. I'm shocked that they would not do this for me under the circumstances over which I have no control.

So, considering their unwillingness to help me and the delay it will take to get my new items (1 additional week+), I have cancelled my order and requested a full refund. I requested a notification of cancellation, but they refused to send me one until they received the items back into their warehouse. Again, why not send your loyal paying customer (in fact a customer whose credit card has already been charged for an order not received) a simple notification that what we discussed is confirmed? Really shocking customer service.

catherinec60
8/19/16

Update: After providing a copy of the receipt as proof of purchase and being promised a full refund Swell have issued me with a credit note for the sum of $14.28 the last listed price of the item, leaving me $33.32 out of pocket. I again advise others to avoid this company.

I returned the Billabong Dreamy Skies Dress which was purchased online. I enclosed a copy of the receipt as proof of purchase. This item had not been worn: I packed it away for my summer vacation and on taking it out to wear I noticed there was a thumb sized hole in the material at the top of the back of the dress. I was thoroughly disappointed as I loved this item and I certainly would not have expected this from a company such as Billabong.

I contacted Swell on the 26th July 2016; a copy of the correspondence attached to enquire how I returned the item for further inspection but you they failed to respond so I took the decision to return it back to them

I then received an email from a member of staff name of Tatiana confirming I would receive a refund but even though I have email confirmation of this it has now been retracted. I am now going to escalate this matter to the Better Business Bureau. I advise others to avoid this company.

Response from Philip R., SWELL Representative
Hi Catherine- I'm sorry for the service you were given. I would be more than happy to assist you. I'm on vacation right now but will be returning on the 24th. Please email me your information and I will look into your order and have this sorted out. My direct email is promero@swell.com
camerona14
8/9/16

Hey this is Cameron Adam or Cameron Erbele best surf/skate store I've ever spent money for clothes on really good deals love it

gerardc31
7/25/16

I ordered a board sock from them. They expedited the shipping at no extra cost (2nd day for the price economy) and got me a great product for a very cheap price. Sock fits like a glove and saved me a few coins in the process.

lindseyv7
7/23/16

After Reading The Abundance Of Bad Reviews For this Website, I Second Guessed myself when wanting to Purchase A Swimsuit Top that I really Wanted from here BC of the better price but then I thought about it for a couple Days and decided for the first time to Try it Anyway knowing that it would be my fault if something happened. I''m So glad I went with with my gut instinct and didn't let the reviews sway me BC everything Went GREAT! Shipping, Size, Price and most of all the FIT Was Perfect! Don't believe everything you read.

ashleys150
7/1/16

Completely obsessed with everything I received from swell as always.

Response from Philip R., SWELL Representative
Thank you for the stars Ashley, Stay Stoked!
ryann35
6/22/16

Well, its has been 3 weeks since I sent Phillip the info he requested to look into an issue (request# 87044), still no response...

Response from Philip R., SWELL Representative
Hey Ryan- Thanks for the review. If you notice the trend on here, yes most of the reviews are based on customer service but there is only so much that the team can do on our end and if you can also see we try to reach out and resolve the issues as best as we can. I would like to look into your order and see what the issue was. If you can email your order number I will look into it and reach out to you. email customerservice@swell.com attn: Philip
Thank you!
sarahy31
6/22/16

I keep giving this site a chance because they have a variety of bathing suits but every single time there's a mishap. First, I ordered 2 separate bathing suits a day apart. I didn't like either of them. So I returned them in 1 package with both packing slips like I do every other company. I only received a refund 2 weeks later for 1 item. Also, when you order something you get a free shipping code on your packing slip for the next purchase - doesn't work. Then I ordered another bathing suit and it took an extra 4 days to arrive because it was sent to Utah instead of Arizona for God knows what. I'm officially done with this place. They seem to be very unorganized and a lot of mistakes happen.
****Updated Review******
After I submitted a customer service request they did respond in a timely manner and they did refund the 2nd item in the package without fuss or pretending to make an exception. I appreciate that kind of service and will give Swell another chance.

Response from Philip R., SWELL Representative
Hi Sarah- Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us. Can you give me your order number to the return. I can also look into your recent order to see what the issue was there. As far as promos. If there is ever a time that one of your codes does not work, please do not hesitate to contact us as we can generate a code that will work for you.
I look forward to hearing from you.
alexh138
6/16/16

This site has everything- awesome, quality gear and the sickest threads for dudes and chicks! They've got new stuff on sale practically every day for anyone whose not trying to break the bank and regardless the regular threads they have aren't even that pricey either. Super sweet site for anyone looking for pretty much anything! Any surfers, beach bums, or anyone definitely should check it out!

Tip for consumers: Sign up and theyll email you new discount codes almost every week!

Response from Philip R., SWELL Representative
Thanks for the review Alex! Glad you are stoked with both site and brands
jessief18
6/11/16

Bought a pair of Van's sneakers for men and received a pair for a small child. Took over 2 weeks to receive them after ordering so if I pay costs to return them and wait for another pair to be shipped I'll get to wear them next year. Great, what a jerk off company.

Response from Philip R., SWELL Representative
Hi Jessie- Id like to look into your order and see what happened. When a wrong product is sent the correct product shouldn't take longer then 48 hours to process and be sent out. Please shoot me an email at customerservice@swell.comattn: Philip. You will also not be charged to ship the product back as this was our error.
angief16
6/11/16

Don't order from this company! Don't even waste your precious time. I'm not going to waste my time explaining. I'm just here to warn you.

Response from Philip R., SWELL Representative
Hello Angie- I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with SWELL. Please email me at customerservice@swell.com attn: Philip so that I can try and resolve the situation.
caseyc34
6/9/16

What a great place to find high quality, durable, comfortable, and affordable brands. They have prompt shipping and great selection of products! I highly recommend Swell and I will continue to do business with Swell! A+

Response from Philip R., SWELL Representative
Thank you Casey! We are glad you were stoked with your purchase.

They probably are authentic however like above says if they don't fit or the package gets lost they will not be helpful. Worst customer service I have dealt with in years.

By Patty W.

We are very legit, Feel free to contact our customer service for personal assistance in placing your order. Our return policy is pretty fair and comparable with our competitors. 30 days for a full refund and 90 days for store credit. We carry some name brand product so what you get in your mom and pop/brick and mortar shop you will find the same quality here. Katie- If you have yet to receive your refund please contact me and I will be more than happy to assist and make sure you are taken care of. Philip

By Philip R., SWELL Representative

Somewhere between late and never. I ordered for a trip and it arrived while I was away. I gave them over 10 days

By del h.

It's a guess with no tracking or ability to communicate It's a crap shoot

By del h.

Hi Tyonna, it really depends on where you live. I'm lucky - I live close and pick my orders up from the warehouse. The one time I ordered for shipment, it came promptly. In terms of sizing, you can't really blame Swell for the variance. A lot of the skate/board brands have varied sizing so it can be hard to tell. I can tell you that in general, the Swell brand itself can run small and a lot of the material is on the thin side.

By Kaye M.

Questions? Get answers from the SWELL staff and other customers.

1 Photo for SWELL