Review of Society6

1655 26th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90404, US
support@society6.com
2017 Customer choice award
Need help with a Society6 order? Contact us!
Contact Us

lauraleeb
9/11/18

After much consideration, teen daughter selected a pattern for her bedroom refresh - only to have her selection from Society6 arrive and she changed her mind - #teens :(
There was *nothing wrong with* the product - it was as described and of good quality (sham, pillow and pillow cases).
Contacted Society6 via web submission and received a response within two hours resulting in a full refund and a very understanding note of support - and encouragement to use the ordered product to highlight the arts.
Will definitely look to order from Society 6 again in the future.

melissaf145
9/7/18

Good quality products, fast trackable shipping, and amazing customer service! I ordered 3 map posters to go on my wall, but I made the mistake of ordering 2 posters and 1 small print. When I emailed Society 6, they were gracious enough to send me a code so I could reorder the third map free of charge. I will definitely use Society 6 again for wall prints!

brennao3
9/5/18

Society 6 is an excellent website that stands beyond their products. The customer service is superior and I highly recommend this company.

asol
9/5/18

the order took a about a month to arrive ( standard shipping ), i bought it with a discount and i think everybody should only buy from them using a discount because this quality only worth 15 $ (MAX) for the t-shirts , i got a light gray t-shirt and the fabric is thin like it's a bite see throw and the print was covering more area on the picture comparing to what i have received , i also got a long sleeves shirt with a thin fabric as well but i got it with 28 $ it's so not worth it and the actual prices without discount is much higher

gordonf32
9/2/18

I had an issue with a discounting going through, and they were able to quickly help me out and apply the code with no hassle.

kateh124
8/23/18

The art, t-shirts, stickers/labels, and paper material I have ordered from Society6 have all been terrific. Images screened on to fabric are vivid, highest quality, and make for apparel that wears well and looks even better. Note that the chosen tee brand - Bella - is a superior manufacturer of apparel: ain't no crappy, worn out, pilled synthetic or cheap cotton happening here.

Add to that, there are no returns. The product isn't what you thought or what you had in mind, no problem: your order will either be replaced or you get a refund. For those who dig regifting or work for business that do Secret Santa or Yankee Trade, you never have to buy stuff again.
(I say that in jest, because everyone has their motivating factors.)

You may wonder, as I certainly do, how can a business sustain itself if it makes duplicates and only is paid for half of those. And my guess is that the quality of things is so good - evinced by the aforementioned apparel and that orders are created once they are ordered and not pulled from a warehouse where things have been mass made - that repeat business, referrals, and consistent orders make it so.

While the customer service model - email interaction as opposed to phone and live chat - not what most of the industry provides (, I'll take it everyday and twice on Sunday versus rote, rehearsed, scripted talk with people on a help desk who could not care less.

Recently the sizes of five of the six tees I ordered were wrong, and Gen and J.M worked tirelessly with me to ensure I could get replacements that would work. I didn't mind that we did this via email, because first, it wasn't that important (I mean, it's clothes) and when time is spent to review policy, process, and available product, the results are better.

I'm all about Society6, and I hope you will be.

shirtr
8/16/18

The first time I ordered from this site and what a pain this has caused. First of all the told me my order was shipped. Several days later it was still not shipped, so I contact them and they apologize and ship "my package".

2 weeks later I get a large customs fee, which was strange for only 3 t-shirts. But I have to pay this fee because otherwise I'll be fined. When I finally receive the package it's FULL of shirts, none of which I ordered. Instead of sending me my 3 (white, green, blue) shirts in size Medium, they sent me EIGHT XL black shirts, hence the giant fee. They at least refunded me the 65 USD for the order, but I had to pay 40 USD!!! for the customs fee, for a bunch of cloth I have no use for.

Absolutely horrible and their customer service is just filled with copy paste responses. They refuse to reimburse me for their error of sending me a large package that I didn't order, so basically I payed 40 bucks for a giant headache.

Avoid this horrible site at all costs!

yohannl3
8/15/18

Very bad customer service, they don't pay for my art since the last month and they don't answer me... Very disappointed!

mattm306
8/9/18

Best customer service I have ever encountered. Very helpful and accommodating no matter what the situation was.

jossiew1
8/1/18

Hey Society6! My friend received her birthday present from you guys and she absolutely LOVES it so much! Thank you for always having the coolest $#*! on your site that's so unique to you xx

wallaced15
7/27/18

They will not cover shipping back on returns. Had to pay $45 for shipping back on a $175 order. Sadly will never be ordering for here again or recommending this site.

johnr1076
7/26/18

I discovered this playful art work from - https://society6.com/pierreemile - and I immediately fell in love with all of his illustrations.

amandas418
7/25/18

I've ordered shirts and art prints many times from Society 6 and have always been more than happy with the quality of the products. However, that changed when I decided to branch out and purchase a tapestry and a couple decorative pillows...the quality just did not justify the high price of the items. Upset, I contacted society 6 to see if I could get a full refund. The first rep wasn't that helpful, but the second one (Jeffery) immediately issued me a refund for the entire order without hesitation. Didn't even ask me to send the items back. I am more than happy and super appreciative of the excellent customer service and while I may not order these products again I will continue to buy shirts and art prints from Society 6.

kathleeng109
7/23/18

I was astonished to find that Society6 had wall tapestries of The Lady and the Unicorn, which is the tapestry on the walls of the Gryffindor Common Room in the Harry Potter movies. For years, Ive been looking for anything similar that I could use to recreate the look. I was thrilled to find the exact image on a wall size tapestry, that was also affordable!! The tapestries arrived quickly and in perfect condition. The quality is very high - the colors are rich, the images are beautiful, the cloth is relatively thin but 100% opaque, the texture is velvety. I used them to re-create the Gryffindor common room in my basement and the results are stunning. Next, I plan to order the tapestry of the Hogwarts Express!

laurat28
7/15/18

I had ordered a tank top from here and while the quality of the shirt was good it didn't fit right. When I contacted them about it I was refunded my money with no questions asked, they didn't even ask me to return the shirt. While I didn't get a shirt I am still giving this place a good rating because of their great customer service.

alexandraj26
7/15/18

I had an issue with a package not arriving because of the delivery company just not delivering. That wasn't society6's fault so I contacted the customer service to try again and get a replacement order shipped out.
The customer service was really good, replied within the same day and shipped out the replacement as well with no additional fees and also gave me all infos I needed to know about the replacement in an additional email.
All in all a very satisfactory service and I will order again!

didia1
7/13/18

I had immediate and helpful response from Society6 personnel when I contacted them with a query about my order. A+ service.

christinh4
Christin H.
7/12/18

Long overdue review: I bought a Pocahontas print tote bag from Society6 three years ago. When it arrived, I wanted to exchange it for a smaller size, and the speed and helpfulness of their service was AMAZING. My tote bag is gorgeous too - even though it's been three years, I always get compliments when I wear it around town!

timothyd87
7/10/18

Ericka very quickly and effectively solved my problem. I'm very happy with her professionalism and willingness to help me out right away. I don't often write reviews, but I believe she deserved one.

kellys255
7/9/18
• Updated review

I did end up receiving my item in time for Christmas, but it didn't come on the 23rd as promised. Not sure if it was an error on their part or DHL. I still probably wouldn't order from Society6 again. I'm wary of their business practices.

“Scammers and Liars!”
12/20/17
• Previous review

IF I receive my item, I will go back and edit my review of this company, but as of right now, I am HIGHLY UNIMPRESSED with Society6. First, I ordered a framed print for my boyfriend on 12/16. The order wasn't even processed until 12/18. I am in the United States. The website states they use USPS for shipping in the US. I went online, it says they used DHL for shipping my package. I have experience with DHL from both a consumer and a seller standpoint and can tell you from both of those experiences that DHL is NOT usually very reliable. Anyway, I copy my tracking number from Society6's website into DHL's website and lo and behold, THE TRACKING NUMBER DOES NOT EXIST! They have no idea what I'm talking about. Society6 has generated a completely arbitrary tracking number on 12/20. So on 12/18, two days AFTER I've placed my order and they've taken my money, they've decided to even start processing my order. FOUR days following my order, they finally decide they'll ship it (maybe?)...using some other third party shipping facility not even endorsed by their website (I checked three times just to make sure I wasn't wrong - nowhere is DHL listed on Society6's website. ONLY USPS.). Now, keep in mind, the email I received straight from Society6 states "don't worry, regardless of what happens with the snow storms, your package is still guaranteed to arrive by 12/23!"....well, if you're just now sending it out, and DHL doesn't seem to know anything about this mysterious tracking number.....is it REALLY arriving on 12/23 or are you laughing all the way to the bank with my money? Because right now, my gut is going with the latter. They also promise a confirmation email when the package is on its way...according to their website, the package is on its way, but I never actually received that package. I thought today "I wonder if they shipped anything out, I should check" and that's what prompted me to check because I never actually received an email from them. So....no correspondence....no valid tracking number....nothing. And again, it's not being shipped via USPS, as promised on their website. I don't WANT it shipped via DHL, but I guess I don't have a choice now....although, there's really no way of knowing if it's truly en route or not because the tracking number Society6 provided me with isn't even registering into DHL's website. As several others have pointed out here, there is no customer service number...presumably because they don't want to be inundated with angry customers wanting to know where their packages are at Christmastime. There's a form to fill out, but my fear is that it's useless. I filled it out....here's hoping. I truly hope I'm wrong in all of this. Like I said, I'll come back and revise my rating if I am.

erine41
7/7/18

I am really impressed with Society6. I emailed them to find out how to exchange a tapestry I ordered and instead of giving me directions on how to return it, the representative gave me a $45 coupon code to get the tapestry I wanted! You wont find that kind of service anywhere else. And the response time was within minutes. Very competent. I will buy from them again.

estherc44
7/5/18

Best support centre out there!
Always a pleasure to purchase, not once have I been disappointed from the product, user experience, of support.

lulul19
7/4/18

I love the artists on here. Very quick delivery, too. Plus I had an issue with my order, and it was very quickly resolved.

sharond236
7/3/18

I ordered the (1) Watermelon by Milatoo $34.99 Rug / 2' x 3' And ordered the wrong size and Society6 let me keep the rug and refunded the purchase great customer experience will shop again.

gaylem67
7/3/18

Very appreciative of the quick response to my inquiry. Discount was immediately given all within 15 minutes of my purchase.

I'm sorry for the delay responding to you on this. Unfortunately, we're unable to charge import taxes before hand. So you would have to cover duties since the shipment would be coming from the United States. I would definitely recommend checking with Canadian Customs to see what the requirements are for charging duties and break your order up into smaller orders. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support in the link at the top of our SiteJabber Page.

By Jeff H., Society6 Representative

The pricing on our site is listed USD. I hope this helps!

By Jeff H., Society6 Representative

All of our products are produced on files supplied by independent artists. If the file is too small, it may look bad on orders. Please reach out to our customer service team and they can advise if it may be a production issue. https://society6.com/help/contact

By Jeff H., Society6 Representative

Please reach out to our customer support team and they will be happy to assist you with any returns.

By Jeff H., Society6 Representative

Hi Christine, Thank you so much for reaching out. I'm going to investigate and follow up with you via email in just a few minutes.

By Jeff H., Society6 Representative

We appreciate you reaching out to us. Unfortunately, we do not offer wedding dresses at this time. Sorry about that.

By Jeff H., Society6 Representative

All orders will take 1-3 business days to produce. since all of our products are produced and shipped from within the United States at this time, International shipments generally take between 1-3 weeks to be delivered.

By Jeff H., Society6 Representative

Great question! Our hoodies are actually unisex so they look great on both men and women! You can have a look at the sizing information on our products page: http://society6.com/help/products

By Jeff H., Society6 Representative

I'm really sorry that you have not received a response back from us. We respond to emails within 24 hours, so you definitely should have received a reply back from us within that time. Please check your SPAM or JUNK folder if you've already sent a ticket to us. In regards to delays in the upload process, I would recommend that you check with our Customer Support team for more information. Our team can be contacted here: https://society6.com/help/contact

By Jeff H., Society6 Representative

The print quality on the shirt I ordered was pretty good.

By Terri A.
Questions? Get answers from the Society6 staff and other customers.

Society6?