MercadoLibre.com.mx

MercadoLibre.com.mx has a consumer rating of 1.68 stars from 31 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. MercadoLibre.com.mx also ranks 285th among Home Decor sites.

No positive highlights yet

• I been a "Power Seller" for many years and have had bad experience from day one.
How would you rate MercadoLibre.com.mx?

“Don't Trust this website”

Kevin D.
8/18/18

Don't buy any electronics or anything over 100 dollars on. This website is inconsistent with everything. I bought a samsung tablet for my girlfriend mother for her birthday. The first seller never answered once he got the money. Good thing I had mercado pay protection and I got the money back. Mercado Libre never did anything to this seller and he still selling on their website. Did the same happened with another seller. Seller took 6 days to give me my money back. Make things worse Mercado Libre traps their money the seller gives you back on their website to either buy more products that they sell on their website or transfer to a mexican bank. The problem is that, I am American and used American bank card to buy the tablet and their is no option to transfer your money back to your account to which you paid. I bought some other stuff prior to this but nothing expensive and they arrived just to be fair on time. Also they in no customer service line available to call someone if you have a problem. My recommendation is DON'T TRUST this website and don't buy anything unless you have MERCADO PROTECTION.

“Fraud”

Cherry D.
7/14/20

I ordered some items on June 5,2020 and cancelled the next day because I feared they did not deliver to my zone in Mexico. I have never received a refund even though they said I would within 15 days. Their website is difficult to use and my questions are never answered. I am going to have to go to my bank and see if they can cancel the charge from this fraudulent organization.

seller (8)
cherryd12
July 14th, 2020
davidb4155
April 18th, 2020
The Worst internet buying experience EVER
They advertise items not in stock and refund thru Mercado pagar! Then You cannot get your money put on Libre again. All Espanol so you can not figure out anything even mexican speakers cannot figure out what they tell you mumbo jumbo crap! Stay Away if you want to keep from being Ripped Off!
naymag
January 2nd, 2016
I've been using this site as a buyer since 2001 and I've never had a bad experience, but mostly because I only buy from sellers with a good reputation. Their shipping deals are better now that they've partnered with DHL. Judging by the reviews here, I probably wouldn't use it as a seller. They're an international company that should provide great service for both buyers and sellers.

I'm giving it 3 stars. I'm not sure why the main site displays only 1 star.
kevind287
August 18th, 2018
williamm1740
April 25th, 2020
The guarantee from mercado libre is a joke. I received a computer with a bad cable so I couldn't even charge the computer. I sent the computer back. I saved the documentation. I took video tapes of the problem and they just dropped the claim and forgot about it. Now I can't get ahold of anybody on the phone or otherwise
I don't know how these people stay in business
richardm1608
May 18th, 2020
I made a purchase. I paid at OXXO. Within minutes the transaction was cancelled. No opportunity for a refund exists. Mercadolibre Is a criminal organization.
perrys50
July 6th, 2019
This website is a complete scam. I messaged a seller asking for shipment to the United States since they seemed to be fine doing it for someone else. Ironically enough, now they're claiming they don't ship here when they already had. How can you do business selectively like this? This isn't the first time this has happened here either. Horrible way to run a business
georges636
October 14th, 2019
I really am disappointed in Mercado. The worst thing is they are so inconsistent. I order one thing it gets here in 2 days and others 6-10 days. I have been told all kinds of reasons why my package takes so long and they blame it on the delivery service. Some work weekends some don't so! Why do you do business with those who do NOT work weekends? I want to help business in Mexico but Amazon beats the hell out of them.
linasg
September 13th, 2018
I ordered $800 worth of simple products (mattress, sheets, pillow cases, etc).
They charged my card, suddenly terminated my account, and left no way to contact them.
Emails were returned undeliverable from thier own website contact system! No one answers the phone, I even called thier headquarters in Argentina. No answer ever. No way to contact them. Only form/template replies with no explanation or addressing and issues. They deserve ZERO business.
Do not use.
juliao32
September 28th, 2018
The website says my order was canceled. They insist it is not and the product is sitting in some warehouse in Miami. I'm in a foreign country with a new job, and no way to get my delivery because I can't change the delivery address and they won't refund my money because no delivery attempt has been made. It's a catch 22 and they know it. Do not do business with this company. You've had fair warning.
gabriela155
April 29th, 2017
Well, it is hard to say but, trust no one there, but trust in your instincts of not getting scammed, now this site puts effort on avoiding a bad reputation as man in the middle, so very often you will get your money back using MercadoPago, thank lord I haven't got scammed, but maybe it is because I buy stuff that it's not "too good to be true deal" like recent iPhones or computer 50% off or less. I would like to advise you to have your correct address always, use MercadoPago, do not buy documents or services to get documents, preffer "MercadoEnvios" with DHL or FedEx and look for the user's reputation or if it's about a new user look if it is his first or second sale, then use MercadoPago with MercadoEnvios, and make an effort to have communication with them to explain the user how this method works for the sake of both, if the user refuses, then agree to cancel the operation, DO NOT MAKE DEPOSITS TO THE NEW INEXPERIENCED USER, unless, you think it worths to give it a shot, I personally tried that buying an Nvidia GTX650ti and got it pretty quick, buy again, that was a safe deal, normal item, new user wanting to get rid of it, and the price was fair for the time.
In the end. You always have the last word as final user just as I do with my very own experiences.
Hope this review helps!

Tip for consumers: Service depends on person.
If you sell, you need to be patient and polite.
Shippings are okay if you use MercadoEnvios with DHL or FedEx.
I have shipped my sold items, it was fast and easy, my three customers were happy with what they bought.
I'm not a salesman but the three stuff I sold gave me a good experience to share about.
USE DEBIT CARD, payment is ultra faster, refunds are ULTRA faster.
I have been refunded just once, the item was not shipped on time, very satisfied with it.

juano55
April 22nd, 2019
Mercado Libre have create policies that let the seller do scams and instead to try to help the buyer, they looked for a way for don't take any responsibility in the problem. They could start to force the seller to use paypal methods or other systems for safe guard the buyers, but they prefer to say that is not there business
rajuk17
June 6th, 2019
The sellers on Mercado Libre are Fraud. I purchased a product from a seller on Mercado Libre and made an online payment transfer. Then I gave the payment transfer receipt to the seller. But he kept on denying that payment is done. My bank people even talked the people from his bank. They told that the payment has been credited to seller's account. Still no help. I complained to Mercado Libre. But they are useless people. They just send you e-mails. They don't help at all. There is no consumer protection at all on this website. Please stay away from this website. There are many other better options out there. Don't get cheated and waste your money here.
stephenc96
November 14th, 2016
Reviews are so cool.
lens61
July 19th, 2018
I've had 2 good experiences and 1 nightmare. Even in the good experiences, there are weird quirks, like receiving the shipment, and then getting an email a week later saying it had been delayed but was in transit. In the bad experience, the vender emailed and said he no longer had the product I ordered. I then asked to cancel the order, and asked for a refund. The vender then demanded that I specify in writing the reasons why I wanted to cancel the order. I did so, and then he said I had to contact another party and repeat the request. However, I was given no contact information was for the third party I was supposed to contact. We went round and round for about a week, and I still have not received the credit/refund. AND, as far as I can see on the website, there is no way to rate a vender/merchant or read others' experience, so you're pretty much flying blind when you order.
marcob53
November 13th, 2017
I need to talk to a person. Where on earth can I call about money nog ending up in my account. You claim 1 business day. Well you did not say the year. Please, please answer!
vickym30
June 30th, 2016
They suspended my account after hours of publishing a few ads, for no reason whatsover and no contact info. The very worst place and I truly pray they get their punishment well deserved!
tomc107
March 10th, 2016
Trying to get a refund from them is nearly impossible. They send you emails but the refund never comes.
maikain
September 29th, 2015
While there are many personal ads on this site, buyer beware. If you have any financial dispute with the company, they will never answer the phone. They will never refund your money.

Do not, under ANY circumstance, use their payment system. But really - if a site is trying to rip you off - do you want to use them at all?
ruslans8
October 11th, 2018
Mercado Livre is a market for thieves. It don't respects the author's rights and anyone can steal a commercial digital product from a website and start to sell on Mercado Livre. Mercado Livre will not verify any documents which allows to the seller to sell copyrighted products. Mercado Livre has restricted the market visibility in Google for one country and real authors will not find never their products.

With a simple search you can find 225 scripts from CodeCanyon

151 themes from ThemeForest

Mercado Livre never verifies if the sellers have or no permissions to sell.

Shame Mercado Livre.
keikoa
August 22nd, 2014
I like to warn others not to become a victim of Mercadolibre. I ordered coffee from the site. I paied money for three package of the coffee. I didn't receive anything from them. I try to contact with Mercadolibre, but there is No e-mail address. Nobody answer the telephone. I complained couple times to the mail which shows paying instruction. Now they stoped to send advertise either. I don't know what to do. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO USE THIS SITE.
thedamndogd
April 26th, 2013
I have a 100 percent positive feedback on Ebay with a 10,000 score. I know what I am doing.

I made a purchase through mercadolibre, received an item which was NOT what I ordered and was of far lesser value than advertised, and all complaints and reports got ignored. Like the other reviewer indicated, this site has serious problems either because people do not care or are outright thieves, if you cannot run down the street to wring the crooks neck face to face, AVOID THIS SITE LIKE THE PLAGUE.
luisa21
September 25th, 2013
The worst, because there is no supervision. There are good sellers but many very bad. Who wants to sell you charge too much. That site is pure advertising.
abrahaml
February 15th, 2011
Hello I decided to write this review because it's time that someone sheds light to this "cave of robbers". I been a "Power Seller" for many years and have had bad experience from day one. First, as a seller you must pay COSTLY fees to publish on the website plus commissions for sales. Mercado Libre (ML) will usually suspend your listings without previous notice of possible violation of Terms of Use, then the seller is liable for the cost of those suspended listings, no matter if your ad was on the site for less than a few hours. Then if you decide to complain they usually deny use of their website by deleting your active postings and negating access to the site. Also when a seller receives a fraudulent payment from a buyer (which has happened to us a couple of times) and you decide to complain and try to recover payment from ML they will deny any liability although they claim to be a "safe marketplace". I want to WARN any buyer or seller to look for an alternative and to STAY away from this fraudulent site because most likely you will LOOSE your money and will have great troubles trying to recover it, because since they are "not part of the transaction" they disregard the buyer/seller claims and limits to giving the phone number to the Mexican cyber police which becomes a dead end. Once again, BUYER BEWARE!
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Peso$ it just wanted to know what currency. Now how do yo get that to just day peso.

By David B.

Yes Total Cheating Rip off Company that runs you in circles. Because Sellers Do Not Onow How to put your Money Back. The put in Mercado Pago, Then Good Luck Getting your money!

By David B.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the MercadoLibre.com.mx staff and other customers.

La comunidad de compra y venta online m? S grande de Am̩rica Latina.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MercadoLibre.com.mx?

Have a question about MercadoLibre.com.mx?