MercadoLibre.com.mx reviews

Mexico, MEX 54965, MX
ana.rico@mercadolibre.com.mx

perrys50
7/6/19

This website is a complete scam. I messaged a seller asking for shipment to the United States since they seemed to be fine doing it for someone else. Ironically enough, now they're claiming they don't ship here when they already had. How can you do business selectively like this? This isn't the first time this has happened here either. Horrible way to run a business

rajuk17
6/6/19

The sellers on Mercado Libre are Fraud. I purchased a product from a seller on Mercado Libre and made an online payment transfer. Then I gave the payment transfer receipt to the seller. But he kept on denying that payment is done. My bank people even talked the people from his bank. They told that the payment has been credited to seller's account. Still no help. I complained to Mercado Libre. But they are useless people. They just send you e-mails. They don't help at all.There is no consumer protection at all on this website. Please stay away from this website. There are many other better options out there. Don't get cheated and waste your money here.

juano55
4/22/19

Mercado Libre have create policies that let the seller do scams and instead to try to help the buyer, they looked for a way for don't take any responsibility in the problem. They could start to force the seller to use paypal methods or other systems for safe guard the buyers, but they prefer to say that is not there business

ruslans8
10/11/18

Mercado Livre is a market for thieves. It don't respects the author's rights and anyone can steal a commercial digital product from a website and start to sell on Mercado Livre. Mercado Livre will not verify any documents which allows to the seller to sell copyrighted products. Mercado Livre has restricted the market visibility in Google for one country and real authors will not find never their products.

With a simple search you can find 225 scripts from CodeCanyon

151 themes from ThemeForest

Mercado Livre never verifies if the sellers have or no permissions to sell.

Shame Mercado Livre.

juliao32
9/28/18

The website says my order was canceled. They insist it is not and the product is sitting in some warehouse in Miami. I'm in a foreign country with a new job, and no way to get my delivery because I can't change the delivery address and they won't refund my money because no delivery attempt has been made. It's a catch 22 and they know it. Do not do business with this company. You've had fair warning.

linasg
9/13/18

I ordered $800 worth of simple products (mattress, sheets, pillow cases, etc).
They charged my card, suddenly terminated my account, and left no way to contact them.
Emails were returned undeliverable from thier own website contact system! No one answers the phone, I even called thier headquarters in Argentina. No answer ever. No way to contact them. Only form/template replies with no explanation or addressing and issues. They deserve ZERO business.
Do not use.

kevind287
8/18/18

Don't buy any electronics or anything over 100 dollars on. This website is inconsistent with everything. I bought a samsung tablet for my girlfriend mother for her birthday. The first seller never answered once he got the money. Good thing I had mercado pay protection and I got the money back. Mercado Libre never did anything to this seller and he still selling on their website. Did the same happened with another seller. Seller took 6 days to give me my money back. Make things worse Mercado Libre traps their money the seller gives you back on their website to either buy more products that they sell on their website or transfer to a mexican bank. The problem is that, I am American and used American bank card to buy the tablet and their is no option to transfer your money back to your account to which you paid. I bought some other stuff prior to this but nothing expensive and they arrived just to be fair on time. Also they in no customer service line available to call someone if you have a problem. My recommendation is DON'T TRUST this website and don't buy anything unless you have MERCADO PROTECTION.

lens61
7/19/18

I've had 2 good experiences and 1 nightmare. Even in the good experiences, there are weird quirks, like receiving the shipment, and then getting an email a week later saying it had been delayed but was in transit. In the bad experience, the vender emailed and said he no longer had the product I ordered. I then asked to cancel the order, and asked for a refund. The vender then demanded that I specify in writing the reasons why I wanted to cancel the order. I did so, and then he said I had to contact another party and repeat the request. However, I was given no contact information was for the third party I was supposed to contact. We went round and round for about a week, and I still have not received the credit/refund. AND, as far as I can see on the website, there is no way to rate a vender/merchant or read others' experience, so you're pretty much flying blind when you order.

aldom13
2/12/18

Me encanta la mecánica y facilidad de compra de MercadoLibre también el envío de un día a otro a precio bajo es algo que se agredece mucho, aunque hay que tener cuidado con elegir el comprador correctamente. Lamentablemente las páginas chinas permiten encontrar muchos productos a un precio mucho más bajo, que si a uno no le urge es preferible esperar el envío y pagar la mitad de precio o incluso menos, aunque la confiabilidad de comprar por MercadoLibre es mucho mayor, así que para personas que aun tienen dudas de las compras, es la mejor opción en México.

valeriag6
1/18/18

al realizar una compra en mexico, no recibi lo que habia comprado, por suerte el sitio es seguro y me devolvieron el dinero.

marcob53
11/13/17

I need to talk to a person.Where on earth can I call about money nog ending up in my account. You claim 1 business day. Well you did not say the year. Please, please answer!!!!

gabriela155
4/29/17

Well, it is hard to say but, trust no one there, but trust in your instincts of not getting scammed, now this site puts effort on avoiding a bad reputation as man in the middle, so very often you will get your money back using MercadoPago, thank lord I haven't got scammed, but maybe it is because I buy stuff that it's not "too good to be true deal" like recent iPhones or computer 50% off or less. I would like to advise you to have your correct address always, use MercadoPago, do not buy documents or services to get documents, preffer "MercadoEnvios" with DHL or FedEx and look for the user's reputation or if it's about a new user look if it is his first or second sale, then use MercadoPago with MercadoEnvios, and make an effort to have communication with them to explain the user how this method works for the sake of both, if the user refuses, then agree to cancel the operation, DO NOT MAKE DEPOSITS TO THE NEW INEXPERIENCED USER, unless, you think it worths to give it a shot, I personally tried that buying an Nvidia GTX650ti and got it pretty quick, buy again, that was a safe deal, normal item, new user wanting to get rid of it, and the price was fair for the time.
In the end. you always have the last word as final user just as I do with my very own experiences.
Hope this review helps!

Tip for consumers: Service depends on person.
If you sell, you need to be patient and polite.
Shippings are okay if you use MercadoEnvios with DHL or FedEx.
I have shipped my sold items, it was fast and easy, my three customers were happy with what they bought.
I'm not a salesman but the three stuff I sold gave me a good experience to share about.
USE DEBIT CARD, payment is ultra faster, refunds are ULTRA faster.
I have been refunded just once, the item was not shipped on time, very satisfied with it.

stephenc96
11/14/16

Reviews are so cool.

vickym30
6/30/16

They suspended my account after hours of publishing a few ads, for no reason whatsover and no contact info. The very worst place and I truly pray they get their punishment well deserved!

tomc107
3/10/16

Trying to get a refund from them is nearly impossible. they send you emails but the refund never comes.

naymag
1/2/16

I've been using this site as a buyer since 2001 and I've never had a bad experience, but mostly because I only buy from sellers with a good reputation. Their shipping deals are better now that they've partnered with DHL. Judging by the reviews here, I probably wouldn't use it as a seller. They're an international company that should provide great service for both buyers and sellers.

I'm giving it 3 stars. I'm not sure why the main site displays only 1 star.

maikain
9/29/15

While there are many personal ads on this site, buyer beware. If you have any financial dispute with the company, they will never answer the phone. They will never refund your money.

Do not, under ANY circumstance, use their payment system. But really - if a site is trying to rip you off - do you want to use them at all?

keikoa
8/22/14

I like to warn others not to become a victim of Mercadolibre. I ordered coffee from the site. I paied money for three package of the coffee. I didn't receive anything from them. I try to contact with Mercadolibre, but there is No e-mail address. Nobody answer the telephone. I complained couple times to the mail which shows paying instruction. Now they stoped to send advertise either. I don't know what to do. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO USE THIS SITE.

luisa21
9/25/13

the worst, because there is no supervision. There are good sellers but many very bad. who wants to sell you charge too much. that site is pure advertising.

thedamndogd
4/26/13

I have a 100 percent positive feedback on Ebay with a 10,000 score. I know what I am doing.

I made a purchase through mercadolibre, received an item which was NOT what I ordered and was of far lesser value than advertised, and all complaints and reports got ignored. Like the other reviewer indicated, this site has serious problems either because people do not care or are outright thieves, if you cannot run down the street to wring the crooks neck face to face, AVOID THIS SITE LIKE THE PLAGUE.

abrahaml
2/15/11

Hello I decided to write this review because it's time that someone sheds light to this "cave of robbers". I been a "Power Seller" for many years and have had bad experience from day one. First, as a seller you must pay COSTLY fees to publish on the website plus commissions for sales. Mercado Libre (ML) will usually suspend your listings without previous notice of possible violation of Terms of Use, then the seller is liable for the cost of those suspended listings, no matter if your ad was on the site for less than a few hours. Then if you decide to complain they usually deny use of their website by deleting your active postings and negating access to the site. Also when a seller receives a fraudulent payment from a buyer (which has happened to us a couple of times) and you decide to complain and try to recover payment from ML they will deny any liability although they claim to be a "safe marketplace". I want to WARN any buyer or seller to look for an alternative and to STAY away from this fraudulent site because most likely you will LOOSE your money and will have great troubles trying to recover it, because since they are "not part of the transaction" they disregard the buyer/seller claims and limits to giving the phone number to the Mexican cyber police which becomes a dead end. Once again, BUYER BEWARE!!!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the MercadoLibre.com.mx staff and other customers.

4 Photos for MercadoLibre.com.mx