Review of Michaels Stores

Tel: 1-800-642-4235
custhelp@michaels.com

royp74
3/13/19

Michaels marks up their merchandise at least 300% so do not buy something without a coupon if you can help it. The website has improved but it is still hard to search since it pulls up every like item even if it is not relevant so you may have to go thru many pages just to find what you are looking for. They do run a promotion pretty often that if you buy something online and pick up in the store you get 40% off your total online in store pickup purchase. The only draw back is if they have a item that is the same item but comes in different colors you cannot buy online and have to contact the store for availability. So you end up paying full price unless you have a coupon. I would use Michaels more if they lowered their prices and did away with their coupons. Also their loyalty program doesn't get you anything for the amount of money you spend other than some coupons.

kristinel35
12/18/18

Never ordering from michaels again..... they don't allow you to change address nor refund even when it was less then 24 hours from ordering !
Never ever again

jenniferr429
11/28/18

This store is incredible. I shop his often to get those odds and ends you can't find anywhere else. You can create necklaces and other trinkets you love the best. I would recommend this store or site to anyone.

annes270
11/26/18

I've ordered from Michaels online 3 times. The first items arrived broken due to lack of packaging. The second was terrible quality, not as described. The third was partially refunded due to items being out of stock, and I had to jump through hoops to cancel the rest because the items were all for a special project and having only part of them was useless. The orders were refunded via e-gift cards instead of the original form of payment, as promised. The cards DO NOT WORK - either online or in-store. I have talked to 4-5 people on the phone, online, and in-store - wasting hours of time. Suffice to say, my money is gone and they don't care. I will never shop there again.

danij13
10/24/18

So I got an advert regarding some of Michael's Halloween items only available online. Placed an order north of $50 and anxiously awaited its arrival.

Unless you're ordering bells, a package should not make that tinkling sound when it arrives...

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to package things for shipping - OR DOES IT?
Opened my anxiously awaited package to find NOT A SINGLE FLAKE, OUNCE, WHISPER OF PACKING MATERIAL and everything shattered - BECAUSE THAT'S HOW THAT $#*! WORKS!

Once I tucked my attitude safely away, I phoned customer service who were very helpful and offered to resend the package WITH EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONS TO USE SOME SORT OF FILLER/PACKING. I got a follow up phone call AND an email letting me know the special instructions were applied, apologies, etc.

Box showed up yesterday. (pause as to not type expletives)...MOTHERFU@#$ THEY REPEATED THE SAME ACTIONS! NO PACKING MATERIAL AND ALL RESIN ITEMS SHATTERED!!! ARE YOU PUNKING ME AT THIS POINT?!

I got a full refund. But I will N E V E R do business with Michaels online ever again.
I hope someone with power inside the organization reads this and educates the shipping department because they're hurting your bottom line.

michaels1765
10/18/18

I would like to say that I am an artist, but it's more accurate to say that I'm trying to be one. I actually think I find more joy in discovering awesome artistic tools than making anything with them! That being said, Michael's is my favorite store to seek these tools out. I'm especially fond of their clearance section, as I can typically find items for sale that I typically would not consider at their retail price. They have a really great selection, and the stores are very clean and organized. Also, they have great sales and offer some great coupons to help me save money (or more frequently, to help me buy more things!). I still do shop at other craft/hobby stores, but Michael's is the one I look forward to visit most.

alexisb97
10/12/18

Last month I placed an online order to pick up items in store. I received a confirmation email that said once my order is ready I will get another email with pick up instructions. A few weeks late I had never received that email so I contacted customer service via the online live chat option. The woman informed me that my order had been cancelled because I never picked it up. I informed her that I never received a pick-up email so she told me she resent the order and another confirmation email. I then went to the Ann Arbor-Arborland store with my email where they told me they never received my order, so the clueless manager called customer service herself and they said that the order had been cancelled again. So I had go around the store BY MYSELF to find the items I ordered. NOW comes the amazing part, the canvases I ordered were out of stock! I brought this to the attention of the manager and she LAUGHED at me saying, "Oh yeah, those are popular, I actually had a lady in here a couple days ago looking for them too!" So I replied, "Well I ordered them a month ago!" and stormed out of the store. I then called customer service again and they were no help, so I went to the Michael's website and found another store with the canvases in stock so I placed another online order, only to get another notification that my order was once again cancelled because the canvases are out of stock. FINALLY, with my THIRD online order I found the items I needed at a THIRD store in Southgate, MI (that was more than kind and went beyond my expectations of customer service). I am livid with my experience and the incompetence of Michael's staff. I ordered the items a month in advance and there was no reason I had to scramble all the way until a day before my event to find the items I needed. The website and online order system has so many flaws and no one in the Michael's company clearly communicates with each other. I was more than gracious and more than patient throughout my experience, but to put a customer through all this is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable. I love the products from Michael's but this experience has me questioning whether I will purchase items through them again.

thomasd284
10/11/18

I went to Michaels this week in St. Clair. They are always friendly, nice and helpful. There is a employee named Michael. He is great, very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Should give him a raise.

lorenh22
10/10/18

not great selection for painters, sculptors, or really any fine artists. doesn't mean crafting or decorating isn't as good as "fine" art, but it's just true. and their prices are WAY too high for most products I ever purchase there. that includes paper, markers, paints, and brushes. they always have coupons so just have your coupon and craft away. in my experience, always have nice staff and decent stores.

tinag142
10/5/18

I ordered online they billed my account for the entire order.The next day I received an email stating some of my items were cancelled since they didn't have it in stock of course it was the ones the we're on sale how convenient.They still took the money for the entire order and in the EmaIL it said I was not billed for the cancelled items they said to contact my bank.You would think they would reimburse or at least offer store credit as they know it was billed cause in the email it states it may show up on your statement that you paid for the whole order.I know I paid for it all my bank even said that they charged my account for it.DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY ONLINE.I've never shopped Michaels before this and I will never again.

clarar37
9/25/18

I get all my frames and jewlery making from this store only. Friendly employees and they have coupons every corner of the store

caitlyns13
8/31/18

I love going to Michael's, so much variety and I could spend hours there. However, their site, not so much. For me, it was hard to navigate the website and find what I need. I actually ended up needing to go to the store and take a picture of what I needed and find it by the item code online (I needed to buy things in bulk and in the store, it was always out of stock or only 1-3 available). However, I did find everything I need and the check-out process was simple and easy and the shipping was pretty quick/average. I am satisfied but I would like to see some upgrades done to their website in the future to make it easier to navigate.

paulinap11
8/28/18

They have some of the best selcetion of arts and crafts essentials. It is so hard to not walk out with a bunch of projects at once. They also have a selection for young children. I have found many child friendly family projects.

samr199
8/25/18

Anytime I need art supplies or craft supplies I go to michaels and I end up finding everything I need. It's such a good store and whenever they have sales or coupons it's a always a reasonable offer.

reginak28
8/6/18

I signed up for a autumn cookie class on 8-6-18 at 8716 JW clay Blvd in Charlotte NC and it was cancelled unknown why. No one asked for a phone number when I signed up so I had to find out after the fact. There was a rain storm the same day of the class and the storm had cleared up by the time of the class at 6:30 pm. What was disappointing about this is when you plan anything you need to always have a back up plan for the person that is teaching the class in the event they cancel. You do not want to disappoint the customers. Of course I purchased the supplies from Michael's and had to get a refund. I wanted to learn how to decorate. Going forward It would help to be better prepared when you are offering something in store and online.

sandram408
7/14/18

Always enjoy visiting and shopping at Michaels. I love all the seasonal decorations. Great customer service.

johna1058
6/11/18

Always quite busy but carries items my child needs. Good selection of frames and items for each holiday season. Plus they do custom framing.

sebasteinc
6/9/18

What I love about michaels is that when the new comes in the old has to go out and if you keep an eye out you can find really good deals like we did on their clearance wedding merchandise. String lights, our ring bearer pillow, and a lot more came from michaels right in their clearance isle for 70% off. Saved us big time.

lynnf68
5/8/18

Terrible Website. Hard to use. Long shipping periods. Inaccurate product descriptions.wrong items sent. Michael's really had so much less products than ever before.

lorels
2/26/18

Michael's is a fun place for crafty people. They don't have everything you might want, but they keep a fairly broad stock of arts and crafts supplies. Prices can be high or low compared to value, depending on the item. Coupons can helpful and are always available online now. These frequently give you 40% off a single item.
I shop at Michael's for things I cannot get at Walmart or don't want to wait to get from an online shop. Michael's carries things like high-end drawing tools, a great variety of yarn, a whole aisle of ribbons, cake decorating items, and a huge selection of scrapbooking supplies.

kh650
12/14/17

Rep didn't seem too interested in helping me; ended the chat just suddenly. Quality way downhill. $6.99 shipping for packages sent at different times. They have big advertisements, then can't fulfill orders. They just cancel what you ordered.

dianned7
6/21/17

I purchased some items for my daughter's wedding reception from Michael's on-line store because they didn't carry what I wanted in the brick and mortar store in our area. I did not like 2 of the items and took them to the store to exchange them for the ones I wanted. However, at the store they told me that they could not accept them and I had to call and get approval and then send them back. I have never ordered something from a company that had a store and they wouldn't take an on-line order as a return. I recommend shopping around at other party stores before ordering from Michael's.

elizabethz22
Elizabeth Z.
1/15/17

I never buy the traditional superhero costumes for my kids and instead head over to Michaels and for much less money you can put together a better costume than you could ever buy. MIchaels even has some guides to help you buy the correct materials and assemble it yourself.

ones4
6/10/16

I enjoy shopping at Michael's Crafts, however the sales associates who work there (this is a general statement by the way), do not have much knowledge of the products that are sold there, especially when it comes to jewelry. I hope this review gets out to Michael's that it would be nice to have sales associates more product knowledge than them knowing how to run the register.

pc68
3/20/16

I ordered a scrapbook kit during the holidays. The delivery was fast and the kit was excellent. I had never done scrapbooking before and this kit had everything spelled out for you.

Questions? Get answers from the Michaels Stores staff and other customers.

Michaels Stores?