Review of Snapfish

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: 1-800-558-8224

jenp33
10/29/16

Today I asked Snapfish how I can get access to my previous card projects. Annually they send me an email that says I need to order something off their website or my projects will disappear. Because of this, I made several projects on the website over the years. After contacting them 10/2016 to ask how I can see a previous project they said that just about all photo projects except for books were deleted from their server April 2016. There apparently was no way to save down the project to have a copy of the file and no way to see the project I created online. Thanks for nothing Snapfish. If I could leave less than 1 star I would.

shelbya14
10/27/16

I have SEVERAL albums in Snapfish divided by Month and year - took me forever but it helps when I am looking for a specific picture! With the new website design, all of my pictures have been rearranged based on the day I uploaded them!! What??? Who uploads the pictures the day that the event happened!! Run around from Snapfish that said nothing can be done no their end....oh but they gave me a free photo book for the hours of work that I am about to do to correct their issue!!

On to another site - hoping to not have to deal with this again!

lauraf82
10/20/16

Snapfish lost all of my online albums, which I was using to store my photos. ALL PHOTOS LOST! Including my first ANNIVERSARY! Extremely shoddy service. I wish I could punish them.

mannyo
9/15/16

Haven't checked this in a while and come to discover the majority of my photos vanished, mostly from 2000-2007. Got the runaround from the guy in India who told me the photos were corrupted by their updates. Mmkay... thanks for erasing years of memories? He told me I should have backed up my files... these were sent to them on 35mm film, moron! Since some photos in a given album do show up, the problem is on their end -- they're too lazy to fix whatever code or server isn't finding the images. A notification they were going to make an update that could cause this WOULDA BEEN NICE. Zero stars!

christines96
9/6/16

I uploaded Snapfish on my computer and now I cannot print my own pictures saved to my computer. Apparently once you download the site you lock access to your own pictures. I definitely do not recommend using Snapfish! I'm only giving it one star cause you have to choose at least one. Unfortunately 1 star for me means the absolute very worst not even deserving a star!

lindap147
9/3/16

Snapfish used to be great. I used them for all my photo needs. Then recently I uploaded and order photos.. None of my edits were uploaded. I had to do each photo again. The prints I received were muddy and lacked color. I filled out a survey expressing my dissatisfaction and never heard a word. Now I tried to get a photo from 2012 and learn, gee they're sorry but a third of my photos have disappeared. Snapfish is awful. What a shame.

randallb35
9/2/16

I used Snapfish for years to develop film and print my photos. Then they stopped developing film. Then they started deleting my photos. I asked how I could export my remaining photos to google photos and they said I would have to download each picture separately. Strongly advise avoiding Snapfish. Here's my experience with their online support:

Noel: Hi, my name is Noel. How may I help you?
RB: I'd like to export my snapfish photos to google photos. You guys have lost/deleted many of my older photos and I'd like to preserve the remaining ones at a more reliable web site. Is there a way I can do this?
Noel: Hi Randall, How are you, welcome to live chat. Also thank you for the query about getting the photos transferred. I am here to help.
Noel: Yes there is an option.
Noel: To do this, you need to download the images.
Noel: Allow me to explain about those lost pictures. Here is the explanation: We already made an update on the site, from the old or classic site to the new site now, during the update, our engineers have this so called incompatibility setting feature turned on, this was created to enhance performance and upgrade on the sites interface which then resulted to some photos, projects not working.
Noel: Some photos and/or projects are affected by the incompatibility setting that causes to a corrupted file, some got lost and some retained. This was still a work in progress now, our engineers are still doing their best to fix and find the photos lost.
RB: Yeah, well, I don't have much confidence in your "engineers" since they seem to have lost many of my photos. So, I ask again, how do I export my remaining snapfish photos to google photos?
Noel: But as for for those corrupted photos it is already lost from the system.
Noel: You have all the right to be upset, I understand that, who would not right. Well, you need to download one by one. Go to your photos and click the image, on the top there is the download option.
RB: I didn't corrupt them. You did. Please answer the question about how I can export to google photos.
Noel: I already did answer, onset , check above.
Noel: Sorry I never mentioned that you are the one who corrupted the photos. You miss to understand. Sorry.
RB: Seriously, that's the best you can do? Download photos one at a time? Wow!
Noel: Hmmm with all humility, I am very sorry that this is the program of your choice but it seem to have failed all your expectations. For now that is the only way to download them. One at a time.
RB: I plan to publish this conversation online. Snapfish has violated all its obligations and should be relegated to the garbage dump of failed websites.
Noel: What obligations are you talking about Randall so I may be able to answer you.
Noel: Snapfish just like any other companies out there have issues that is still a work in progress, it is not perfect but we have so many customers, just like your self. |You have been with the company for a long time so I am sure that for so many years now, Snapfish was working well for you.
Noel: I beg to disagree your comment for so many reasons. Yet I still understand your frustrations. it is your right. Please know this, regarding the photos lost, know this now that you already know that snapfish is not a storage site, you can put pictures on it but not forever. With regards to the download of the pictures one by one, well, it is our process, just like any other sites, if you do not agree, then with our policies then you always have the right to choose different options.
RB: The obligation to save my photos. No, Snapfish has not been working well for me, as you chose to delete my photos over time. If you are not a "storage site" you should alert customers to that fact and let them know that you will will be deleting their photos as you see fit. I will definitely be be choosing different options in the future.
Noel: Let me correct your statement, we have NOT notified our customers regarding the deleting of the photos because we are not deleting them. It is an overrated statement. We have NOTIFIED our customers that we will be updating the site. Based on my explanation above. We sent an email blast about this and that pictures may be affected so you need to have a backup storage.
RB: So just to be clear, Snapfish customers need to have a backup site because you are arbitrarily deleting their photos.
Noel: To be clear enough, Snapfish is not a storage site alone. Never have been. It is your obligation to save a copy of your picture or back up them just in case. Exercise prudence for your own benefit. it is your life pictures so save it or print a copy rather than just storing them to a site you are not familiar with their procedures.
Noel: Snapfish is a system to make beautiful books and prints, etc, not for storage.
RB: Wow! I will definitely publish this on the web. Bottom line: don't trust Snapfish with your pictures.
Noel: And again we are not randomly deleting your photos.
Noel: You do what you want to do Randall. Business still goes on.

andreww138
8/26/16

This was my first time using the new website, having been a loyal customer for many years. Order value of £120 charged to my credit card on order, however Snapfish are not able to honour any of the items ordered following corruption of the pictures needed! I will take my business elsewhere thanks....some items were needed for a family get together and I feel really let down. Time to move on and find a more reliable provider!

miker205
8/23/16

New snapfish site is rubbish. They lost a number of my pictures completely (so not 'safe and secure') and the download facility (to backup and protect my pics from them), is only 'one pic at a time'.
Their response to losing my pictures was very poor.

magicb2
8/20/16

I'm moving the pics I can actually download and deleting account! I've been a snapfish customer for almost 15 years to find older photos no longer available! I will never have those pics again and Snapfish has major issues! There are even albums on my account that don't belong to me!
They gave me a "sorry nothing we can do".

christar3
8/18/16

I've had to delete my account after many happy years of using Snapfish. The reason? The new improved website DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO DELETE PURCHASED PROJECTS!!!

Apparently the only way to get these pictures removed is to close my account!! The reason I was given was that 'it is my proof of purchase'. What a joke!! No thanks - regretfully taking my business elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IF YOU VALUE YOUR PRIVACY!!!!

joshk51
8/12/16

use snappish to share photos with customers, new site sucks! can't add captions, constantly reverts to slideshow when trying to view or edit photos, what a joke, upgraded site?? it is very user un-friendlyl old site worked great all the time, easy to use, new site is a $#*!!

allisonh43
8/1/16

Been with Snapfish for 10 plus years. Not only is it difficult to view your pictures but good luck with projects. I no longer have time or patients for Snapfish. My only hope is that they go back to the old site.

jc224
7/27/16

Long time snapfish user and loved it but tonight - first time on new site - spent about 3 hours trying to make a basic thank you card with photos and abandoned it - absolutely unusable now. Bizarrely Boots in UK which also bought lots of photo books from in past must be part of same company - using same awful new system. Completely non intuitive site. A shame as I'll just go elsewhere.

rachelr49
7/27/16

I agree with many of the reviews...Used to LOVE Snapfish...the NEW Snapfish is terrible. I am in Canada, does anyone have any suggestions of a new photo prints supplier?

gingerm11
7/20/16

Quite ballsy of Snapfish to convert to a new site before ensuring all customers' photos and albums were saved or recoverable before doing so. They lost millions of photos from customers who trusted their site with their precious images. Now all we have are thousands of grayed out boxes. Their customer service rep's remarks that we should always preserve original content, or make back-up copies, is a absolute joke. Of course we do, but when a fire or a computer crash causes loss of back-ups, you would hope that the one place you have trusted for MANY years would hold true to their promise of storing your memories and photos. Their IT and Engineering folks should be fired for the lack of professional service provided in this aspect. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen from so many ppl. I would strongly urge Snapfish to find a way to revert back to the older site in order to allow customers to save their images (that would have been the helpful and most responsible thing to do PRIOR to switching to a new site and losing all content stored previously). What a joke they are!

jaynec15
7/13/16

I've been a customer of Snapfish for many years now and the recent upgrade has made my existing albums almost unviewable as whereas before you could view your photos in an album, spread over different pages, now they are all on one page, so it takes ages to load them up, if they load properly, which mine don't.
Then there is the uploading problem - it takes ages to load more than about 3 photos at any time. I have just about given up trying to upload my recent photos so I could get them all printed off.

sarahg123
7/11/16

I am so disappointed. I liked preparing the photo book online but, then, realized the spine would not match the rest of the book. For some reason, you must select the color of the front cover, back cover and spine separately rather than just one cover color. It took much negotiation with customer service to get this issue resolved but, then, the final product came with text cut off most of the pages- even though I was careful to size it so it fit in the space allowed online. I paid for a completely unusable end product.

duncanb49
6/30/16

I seem to have lost all my pre-new site books - I can get the photographs, but not the albums I spent so much time putting together. So how am I going to re-order? By spending hours re-creating past books? I don't think so.

Snapfish have also at one stroke discontinued the format I have always used (no more dust covers on offer) with no explanation or warning.

This 'up-grade' was a serious step backwards. I was always happy with Snapfish before but am now actively looking for alternatives.

What a shame.

bridgetc10
6/27/16

the old site had some clunkiness but at least it was intuitive. The new site sucks and I've taken my business elsewhere. Sad, after 20 odd photobooks

ralphg14
6/21/16

Having been a very loyal Snapfish user, I am beyond livid at the fact that all my photos and countless albums have all been corrupted with the introduction of their new layout and upgrade. It was not long ago that I could log in and see all my photos. Now, nothing loads, everything is gone and all they can offer me is a free photo book? With what photos do you want me to make a photo book with?????!! I don't dare bother uploading more photos to a site that will only chew them up. I was never informed that a new upgrade was occurring nor a notification was received to inform me to download my images. Such a huge disappointment. Their copy and paste response was the same as before "However it appears that all your photos are corrupted and can no longer be retrieved. This happens from time to time with Digital media as part of the upgrade and compatibility changes, which is why we recommend storing your important memories in more than one location."
Which is total bull$#*!. I asked for someone else who can help me and I was given the run-around. I was told the out come would be the same, that my photos would still be corrupted and that I would not be helped. Such a shame. This is beyond reprehensible.

ep425
6/16/16

Just spent the better part of two days uploading a year and half of photos to snapfish. while there, i decided to look at old photos and make some photobooks. many many many albums and photos are missing. I am now an hour into a chat looking for an explanation which seems to be that many photos were corrupted in transferring them to the new site and they did not have backups. to quote " the images were unable to retrieve corrupted images due to missing Hi Resolution & Low Resolution files" Best i can translate that is we didn't keep a backup and we corrupted the files. It seems too this may only have happened to older files? How a service that is for photo storage can justify such a thing is beyond understanding. they've apologized for "any inconvenience" several time and reminded me that their policy states i should keep a backup. I have backups of some of the files but lost a computer hard drive with the oldest of my photos.

I asked to be transferred to a supervisor 4 times and was told "I can transfer you over to my manager but to set proper expectation, it would still be the same information as we are receiving the same updates". I suspect they're not truly listening but just reading from some screen of canned phrases.

Supervisor ("manager on duty") told me this: "When we transfer from classic site to the new site some of the photos specifically the old ones are not compatible with the new site. This is because the low and high resolution specification is corrupted."

And then this: " We are using the same configuration with the new site but there are situation that is out of our control. That is why some of these photos are corrupted."

And then this: "We did not lost your photos. As you can see, the thumbnail specification is still there. But some components like the LR and HR is lost due to compatibility issue".

And then this: "The albums are there but the images are lost."

And finally this: ME "so this is what has happened. files were corrupted in transfer to new website, there were no backups or you didn't use backups, and i can't tell which files are still there and which aren't. yes or no?" SNAPFISH: "Yes"

Unbelievable

Though it will be a huge effort to transfer 12 years of photos to another site, i think i will. i do not want to give these people another dime of my money.

VERY POOR SERVICE.

kathyg59
6/8/16

Just found this review site. I had wondered if perhaps I was the only one who was having trouble with Snapfish. They have lost 214 of my albums and over thousands of my photos from 2002 to 2007. They are gone. I have been a loyal customer since 2002 and have referred many, many people to them. Why do they think this is okay and offering me a 12x12 phot6 book credit would be okay?

terrif8
6/6/16

I am hoping the problems are going to get fixed soon! I have lost all photos before 2005 and some of my albums don't load all of the photos. The website is slow and very hard to create projects. Please fix the problems, I have been a loyal customer since 2004!!!

janetm72
6/5/16

Snapfish "lost" 231 photos that I've been collecting over the years. They had technical support trying to get them back but finally emailed me and told me there was no way to get them back. I am completely devastated. I don't have backup for most of these photos that have been taken over the years for various reasons...I never worried about it because I assumed I would always just be able to get them on Snapfish. I guess I learned my lesson. To make matters worse, all customer service can say is "sorry" and "we are not a backup service." They offered me a credit for 10 photo books. I'm sot sure why they would think I would even consider doing business with them again after this fiasco.

I hate snapfish after my Christmas card debacle so I can't help...I'm thinking SHUTTERFLY?

By Jennifer C.

I think I will try shutterfuly I used it short while before snapfish and loved it now I am sure they might have a different layout & process ..seems these companies make things more complicated rather than simpler..

By RosieOgrady r.

I have made a book using the Harvey Norman Photo site - I like the editing choices (not as many options as Snapfish). I sent it off for printing a week ago and was fully aware that it would take 7-10 days. So I am on the edge of my seat waiting for it to be delivered to the local store. Perhaps not as good specials as Snapfish - but then I did get 30% discount.

By Vickie P.

I sat for hours at my computer and also created my first photo book for my sons 30th birthday, I done this with my sister, once done we saved the book then went back in to make sure it was saved!!! I went in to day to add more photos and to my amazement my project was gone! I went on the live chat and spoke to someone called Ram,I was told I have never had a project, I told them it was on the old classic , they checked and told me there was never a project! Who ever set the new style have really messed up and I need answers!!! This is not acceptable!!!!!!!

By Anne G.

Since H-P sold Snapfish to another company, Snapfish service and product line have deteriorated to where no one is happy or satisfied. Re. customer service, it is NOTHING like the old Snapfish was. Almost impossible to reach them, their answers are vague, non-committal, it's like you're talking to a machine. After using them for several books, I have switched to Mixbook.

By Richard C.

Questions? Get answers from the Snapfish staff and other customers.

Snapfish?