Review of Snapfish

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: 1-800-558-8224

chrish274
8/4/17

I've used Snapfish many times over the years for all sorts of photo books, gifts, and prints. I received a photo book yesterday. The pages of the book are very nice, but the cover is awful!! After just taking it out of the box, it was covered with my fingerprints. I was so excited to look at my book, that I just ignored it. After looking through it, I left it on the table. My husband picked it up a little while later and when he put it down it was covered with prints. Again, inside pages are fine, but cover is low quality that shows every little smudge (we are adults with clean hands, not toddlers!) Customer service was polite, but had me take photos of what I was talking about and upload them to a new album on their site. Then they offered me a 40% refund. How is that helping my smudgy book that I'd be embarrassed to display? I have other photo books from them that are fine, years after receiving them. They definitely lowered their quality. Such a shame, as it is a user friendly site and always has special deals going on. Shipping was pretty quick too. But, there are too many competitors to stick with them. Putting a book together is too time consuming to not be confident that it will be good quality.

craigg48
5/23/17

One order of a print on wood took 3 tries befor we got one undamaged. Also on two other oders their site would not take my credit card. The message said for me to contact my credit card company. I did and they had no clue what the issue was. The customer service was bad....i decided to use Walmart...no more snap fish

snapfishr
5/22/17

Title says it all. Snapfish is notorious for losing uploaded pictures and albums although they claim they have multiple image back-ups. Use this company if you want to waste your time and lose your pictures and albums after a few years.

theresap32
5/20/17

Snapfish did an upgrade and in the process lost 57 videos of my triplets as infants and toddlers - memories I will never ever get back. I originally uploaded them to Snapfish as protection and I was glad I did because the computer I had them stored on fried. I paid $2.99 a month and they are all gone. What did I get in return? A refund on the monthly storage fee and a free photo book! Yeah for me - years worth of memories for a $100 photo book. Thank you Snapfish.

dipap
5/2/17

tried to create an photo book, saved over a 100 pictures and spent over a week working on it. i made certain that i saved my work after uploading my pictures only to shut down and come back to NOTHING! all my pictures were lost. what a waste of time. do not use this site!

michelel44
4/25/17

I had previously used Snapfish a few years ago with no problem. This year, I decided that I wanted to start making family photo yearbooks. Their new website and online photo book application is horrible. It is way too boring to describe every detail, but basically, due to multiple problems in website design and the photo book application design, I did not know that the black background of my photo book was not actually black!
I dealt with 2 chat representatives and one phone rep. In the end, the best the phone rep offered was a "free photobook" in which I still paid for both shipping and the additional pages (that's the most expensive part!). Essentially, the books would still cost the same as when I ordered them originally. I told him that was not an acceptable solution and asked for him to escalate the complaint. He did not. In the end, I hung up, telling them that I will not be ordering from Snapfish again. Too bad for them, because I was planning on ordering 4 books a year for the next 12 years :-/

Tip for consumers: Just don't. They really suck now.

breew4
4/9/17

I placed an in store pickup. The site kept posting, the pictures were ready to get picked up. After waisting my time & gas, I get to the store all for the pictures not there yet & the site to post an update, the pictures will be ready the next day. This was reoccurring for 4 days! Thankfully, I didn't pay for them.

bradb78
3/29/17

I guess I lucked out the first time I ordered so I reordered some different prints from Snapfish. Big mistake! Trust me, the quality from you local Walgreens is much better than what you are going to get from Snapfish. Very, very disappointed. Almost $200. down the drain!

leor41
1/4/17

Revived damaged photos, they closed claim ticket with no resolution what a crappy service. Also unable to access older photos this site sucks!!!!!!!!!

kellyt66
12/21/16

Online my purchase is marked as delivered. I checked the tracking and it's gone to a completely different state!!! Customer service is pretty much non existent! Waiting and waiting in an online line . So very disappointed as this was to be a very special Xmas gift

karend139
12/20/16

just an absolute horrible company and worse customer service. no one is working there that can answer a question and orders don't show up on time. a bunch of idiots...that's all i can say ruined my Christmas!

carrieg27
12/17/16

Consistently bad reviews... and more coming! What a waste of time. Why do they bother offering estimated delivery dates if they still don't arrive one week afterwards. Customer service was unhelpful aside from offering 20% off the shipping fee of $20. So this means $4... really? I have used them for 8 years and in this time of so many options, I plan to shop elsewhere. Totally unsatisfied with their promises and lack of delivery.

catherinew48
12/16/16

They ruined my xmas. They lost my cards. What's the point of ordering early and having tracking? They just want your money.

jonm90
12/13/16

Customer service is so dumb it will make you laugh. Half order for Xmas cards showed up. Called customer service told it was going to be overnighted...I would have it in 24-48 hrs. A WEEK went by and I called to complain. I was told that 24-48 hrs. was an estimate and that they were REALLY BUSY. When pressed, I was told it would be POSSIBLY shipped in 24-48 hrs. Asked if they could assure me that it would be shipped in 24-48 hrs and was told (not kidding)...no because you will call back in a week and be mad at us if it doesn't show up. Needless to say I will never deal with this group of half-wits again. Try these ..much better
shutterfly.com

lorir68
12/12/16

I've been working on my project for a couple of weeks..finally finished it and went to pay and NOTHING IS HAPPENING. I can't even ACCESS the entire SITE at this point...SUPER FRUSTRATING....WHAT IS HAPPENING???? If I am WRONG I will write and say so but this is REALLY frustrating to work on this for so long and then nothing and there is not even a 800 nbr to access now...will try tomorrow but am NOT happy right now!!

annetteg25
12/12/16

I paid extra for 2 day shipping. My order is going to take at least 3 days. Their response? 1. It might be there in 2 days (even though I tracked it and no way would it arrive in 2). 2. It's a busy time of year. 3. It's not their fault it was put on a different truck!

All I wanted was my shipping refunded. Nope, they wouldn't refund anything. But, they'd give me a coupon for next time. There is no way I'd do business with them ever again. The online chat had 191 people waiting. When I called, it took 27 minutes just to get someone on the line. It's a complete joke of a company. They don't deliver on what they promise! Look at other reputable companies!

raelynl
12/12/16

This is the 3rd time now that I'm reaching out about this, I have been working on a 12x12 book, with almost 90 pages for months. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift.
Friday I was finishing my last couple pages, saved the project and then all my backgrounds and embellishments were gone, I now have all gray backgrounds with the exception of a few pages and no embellishments anywhere.
The 1st time I contacted support they told me 2 hours, I wake up Saturday morning and I have nothing. I reach out again, the guy offers me the book for free if I will redo all the work. I do not have months to do this again; I need this book ordered today to get it by Christmas.
He tells me it has to be escalated because there was a technical issue with my book, ok fine, well its Monday and I need this done and ordered today.
I'm appalled by the customer service I'm receiving, I have been a loyal Snap Fish customer for years and recommend your site to everyone who asks "where did you get this beautiful book". After this experience I will never recommend or use Snapfish again.
Please don't tell me my data is not recoverable, I have worked in IT for 20 years, 10 of that as a network administrator, I'm very familiar with the techniques to backup and restore data, its very simple and if something is lost on my network I can restore it in minutes. So if you can't do that then your systems really aren't up to par and people shouldn't feel comfortable using your site.
Please let me know how you plan to fix this.

veronican13
12/2/16

Since 2003, I've been traveling to Great Britain, taking photos and uploading them to Snapfish to use for photos, calendars, etc. Today I went to do some calendars and the photos would not move to the project folder. After dealing with a frustrating hour of someone telling me, "well you're supposed to back them up" (and citing fine print) the net-net is all my memories -- all my photos -- are lost. They are not downloadable, recoverable or usable. I am devasted.

jayb122
12/1/16

Love snapfish for getting frameable prints. The paper and quality has always been really good! The shipping is usually really fast. My only complaint is their shipping for bigger prints. I wish there was an option to have them in a box as I've had some bending in the big envelopes.
Overall a great experience!

carlat19
11/20/16

They offer specials that get you making projects that sometime take hours ad when you get to payment/promo code...well you ind "this does not apply to your order". The free soft cover 5x10 just offered 11/1912016 is not valid if you have been a long term customer and purchased a $10 book special in the past. To get a free book you must give back the $10 for life offer you paid for. BAIT AND SWITCH ! Photographer who teaches and is verbal at my classes...my students will be directed elsewhere.

sherylb12
11/15/16

Have used Snapfish regularly & often and been happy in the past. However that has changed. I spent several hours recently putting together a 40 page Photobook of an Australian trip. I put it my Cart but was awaiting a 50% discount before ordering as it was expensive. I then went to order it but it had GONE from my cart and Projects. Have been emailing but all I get are illiterate emails full of platitudes. Was at least reassured that the photos I used were still uploaded to an Album so if necessary would have to do the book again but today even they have now disappeared. Hours of work for nothing. Not good enough Snapfish.

emilyl66
11/14/16

I can't believe Snapfish erased my videos I paid to store and didn't tell me they were doing it. Heartbroken. And when I called they said we decided we didn't want to be storing videos any longer.

jenp33
10/29/16

Today I asked Snapfish how I can get access to my previous card projects. Annually they send me an email that says I need to order something off their website or my projects will disappear. Because of this, I made several projects on the website over the years. After contacting them 10/2016 to ask how I can see a previous project they said that just about all photo projects except for books were deleted from their server April 2016. There apparently was no way to save down the project to have a copy of the file and no way to see the project I created online. Thanks for nothing Snapfish. If I could leave less than 1 star I would.

shelbya14
10/27/16

I have SEVERAL albums in Snapfish divided by Month and year - took me forever but it helps when I am looking for a specific picture! With the new website design, all of my pictures have been rearranged based on the day I uploaded them!! What??? Who uploads the pictures the day that the event happened!! Run around from Snapfish that said nothing can be done no their end....oh but they gave me a free photo book for the hours of work that I am about to do to correct their issue!!

On to another site - hoping to not have to deal with this again!

lauraf82
10/20/16

Snapfish lost all of my online albums, which I was using to store my photos. ALL PHOTOS LOST! Including my first ANNIVERSARY! Extremely shoddy service. I wish I could punish them.

I hate snapfish after my Christmas card debacle so I can't help...I'm thinking SHUTTERFLY?

By Jennifer C.

I think I will try shutterfuly I used it short while before snapfish and loved it now I am sure they might have a different layout & process ..seems these companies make things more complicated rather than simpler..

By RosieOgrady r.

I have made a book using the Harvey Norman Photo site - I like the editing choices (not as many options as Snapfish). I sent it off for printing a week ago and was fully aware that it would take 7-10 days. So I am on the edge of my seat waiting for it to be delivered to the local store. Perhaps not as good specials as Snapfish - but then I did get 30% discount.

By Vickie P.

I sat for hours at my computer and also created my first photo book for my sons 30th birthday, I done this with my sister, once done we saved the book then went back in to make sure it was saved!!! I went in to day to add more photos and to my amazement my project was gone! I went on the live chat and spoke to someone called Ram,I was told I have never had a project, I told them it was on the old classic , they checked and told me there was never a project! Who ever set the new style have really messed up and I need answers!!! This is not acceptable!!!!!!!

By Anne G.

Since H-P sold Snapfish to another company, Snapfish service and product line have deteriorated to where no one is happy or satisfied. Re. customer service, it is NOTHING like the old Snapfish was. Almost impossible to reach them, their answers are vague, non-committal, it's like you're talking to a machine. After using them for several books, I have switched to Mixbook.

By Richard C.

Questions? Get answers from the Snapfish staff and other customers.

Snapfish?