Review of Snapfish

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: 1-800-558-8224

alices69
4/4/16

I was once in love with Snapfish. For over 10 years every month I stored my pictures there, ordered albums, cards and photo gifts. I share pictures with family & club members. Recently I wanted to SHARE an event with club members. My address book no longer has the groups I made. I had to choose each person one by one. One person had changed their e-mail and I could not update their address. After waiting an hour on the chat line I found out they no longer support the address book. No longer can you add comments about the pictures when you send them. Plus the person getting the pictures has to have an account to see them. I was stunned. I had earned (purchased) a lifetime offer for photo books for $10. What good is it now?

elizabetho36
4/4/16

There are now a lot of places to get personalized photo gifts, but I've always liked Snapfish. They don't seem to have as many deals/sales as say Shutterfly or some others. Otherwise competitive pricing and product selection.

judyj19
4/4/16

What successful company would change the way thousands of users are creating something on their website? What company in their right mind would expect people to be other than furious at being told all their work has been lost and that they were 'warned' (no email sent, as they said it had been). It is an outrage what Snapfish has done. People invest a huge amount of time and effort in creating things like photobooks. Now apart from losing a 40-page book, when I try to recreate it on the new version, I find the layouts are all different, there is no room for much text, the font keeps changing, there is no way to choose a theme.... I could go on and on. Basically it is a complete disaster. I will continue and finish, since I have a deadline for this project, but I am totally amazed at how the management can have agreed to this disastrous move. I am waiting for the CEO to address the concerns of the huge number of people who have complained. An apology at the very least is required. An explanation would be even better. Adequate compensation would be another possibility.

annee12
4/4/16

Snapfish (UK) deleted all my photobooks with no option to migrate to the new site. Hundreds of hours of my work was simply erased. It cannot be right for a company to do this to me.

I am interested in Chris H's class action suggestion below.

Here's the thing - if someone spent 10 minutes organising, editing, sorting, dating and annotating the photos for each page of a photobook - which you will all know is conservative - then with 100 pages in a photobook that is 17 hours of work per photobook.

At the minimum wage, that comes out at $120 per photobook. Or £120 in my case.

I think I could reasonably claim compensation along these lines.

julier55
4/3/16

just tried to get to get to grips with the new snapfish and glad to see I am not alone in being utterly appalled! Doesnt really seem like an upgrade more of a basic site, clumsy and awkward. I know that I would loose any unordered projects and my order history - cynically wondering how many £s were spent in the week leading up to this - but I have now found that all of my album titles from 2014 (a considerable number) have disappeared as well as that every single one of my photos was captioned and dated and all of this has disappeared. Photographs dated and put into a folder ready to make a new book on the new site are completely muddled, I am now thinking I will move elsewhere which is a real disappointment after many years and much telling of friends about the site and all the great photos and gifts I had ordered. If you are new to the site then Im sure you will be delighted but for previous customers (in my opinion) this new site comes up short of expectations.

barbarac102
4/2/16

Your new site is a disaster. I've been a customer for over 10 years and brought many products from you. I went into my "project history" and the only things that show up are from 2015. Many of my old photo books are missing and the ones that do show up have been destroyed by Snapfish eliminating many of the embellishments. This was all done without alerting the customers before they went ahead and changed their site. The classic site was so much easier to use - - - I truly don't know what they're thinking with this horrible new site. Bring back the classic!!!

vickiep6
3/28/16

So there are a lot of disgruntled people out there. Snapfish has taken a huge nosedive in my books. I have used them for years, canvas prints, calendars, mugs, photobooks etc. Just had some photoblocks printed - what a disgrace. They arrived with the edges all peeling, scratches on the front, damaged and mangled corners and damage on the black matt edging, glue spots on the photos. Admittedly Snapfish have agreed to remake them for me - but if this is a sample of their work now, this customer is not impressed.
I too lost a photobook that I had been compiling on the history of my family, hours of research lost. I asked them via online chat if my book was safe and would it be migrated to the new site and was assured more than once that it was fine ... then after the allocated time frame it still wasn't there, so back onto online chat only to be told that mine didn't come over because the design I had used had been discontinued. That wasn't correct, they are still supplying the same size black leather album that I had been colating. So back to the drawing board.
Like some others I would like to use another supplier, but Snapfish seem to offer the best editing tools etc especially for photobooks.

patriciab112
3/28/16

I have just spent all day trying to get to grips with the new site but have given up! I loved snapfish and have made a lot of photo books, cards etc and recommended it to so many people but have admitted defeat and am looking at other options. The problem is that I can't find one as flexible. Really disappointing.
Had to put one star.....against my better judgement as otherwise this wouldn't post

Please please bring back the old site!

sylvieb4
3/28/16

I agree with all comments made about the new system. I've been a heavy user of Snapfish for years but won't be in the future. Upload is slow. The new format makes it very difficult to find past albums when you upload several hundred albums a year and even more difficult if you want to order a few prints per album and not the album.

yasminv
3/27/16

gosh I am struggling now to use the site. I have been a fan for years and recommended you to many others. I can't do anything that I used to be able. Would love to edit photos. This new site is very poor especially when old one was great. Do you not know the saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

briand89
3/27/16

Snapfish WAS excellent. Easy to upload photos, edit them and print. New version has lost some photos, you can't edit them and.....at this point I gave up. Just AWFUL.

jamesb347
3/26/16

why can I not get my old projects back, you seem to have lost hours of work.
I have used Snapfish for years
never again

cc190
3/24/16

I absolutely agree with all others... The new site is ridiculous. All the previous projects are lost. I was making a photobook and spent hours on it. Had no prior notice and all gone! I chatted to some one called Nagesh from customer services who just offered apologies saying as the photos are still there, just make a new project! Do these guys understand how much time it takes to make a project and what about the old ones? We should have been given prior notice so could have saved our projects....It is so frustrating and am feeling furious.Will no longer use their website and do not recommend it to anyone. Who knows next they will delete our photos and albums too without any prior notice, better save and order with someone more reliable.

charlotteh29
3/23/16

I am absolutely furious with Snapfish. I knew there was a new website coming but had no warning that all previous photo books made and current half finished projects would no longer be available. I spent hours and hours on the book I am currently making and can't believe it's all gone! I 'spoke' on the chatline to someone called Ashok who stated that it was not possible to transfer from the old site to the new one. If only I had known that I would have quickly finished and ordered it before the launch of the new site. I asked why there was no warning and he cut me off! I am so livid with Snapfish who I've been using for years and have recommended to many people. There will be no more recommending. There must be thousands of people like me who have lost important projects.

rosieogradyr
3/23/16

New site is way too confusing, find it difficult to upload photos other than one at a time I do not like or know how to drag them!! i'm making a mess with multiple albums with same pics ..im completely fed up.. if I don't get this thing I will say the hell with it and go with one of the other big sites..hell with this they had a good site.. outside of the option of multiple devices I don't see why the change.. I HATE IT

chrish204
3/17/16

They have lost all my photos and have nothing but excuses. Just got off the line with "June" customer service and actually told her to quit reading the script and talk to me about how to or who to speak with to locate my lost photos. When emailing I said "My photos have been removed and I can not find them" they responded with -ready for this- from your email we cannot understand what your problem is. HELLO YOU HAVE LOST MY PHOTOS. From all the other reviews it may be time to begin a class action suit. This company is uncaring and cold. they made me give them at least one star to post this. they really owe me a star. BAD BAD BAD

donnaf36
3/14/16

"DO NOT ENTRUST YOUR PRECIOUS MEMORIES WITH THIS COMPANY. It is a worthless effort to contact Customer Service, they will tell you anything to get you off the line. This is what happened to me. When Snapfish announced that projects made prior to 2014 would not be moved to their new site, I contacted Customer Service to explain how important some of my projects were to our family, and to see what could be done. Not one, but two different customer service agents told me to rename the older projects that I wanted saved, and they would be moved over. I wanted to verify the instructions and so I called again and spoke with a different Customer Service agent who gave me the same instructions as the first. After the date to move project came and went, I contacted them again when my projects were not moved. I was told to "please give us 2 weeks". That went on several times. After more than 2 months of this they finally admitted they were not moving the projects. What a bunch of liars!! What I lost were annual photo journals of my one and only grandchild, and these took hours and hours to create. All gone, callously discarded. How can this company do this to loyal, long time customers? I find the new site to be much harder to use. I probably could eventually get used to it. But I will not deal with unethical people, so I am done with this company for good. Too bad, Snapfish was at one time a great company. In my opinion it has changed a lot. I hope that readers of this review take this information seriously, I wouldn't want to see this happen to anyone else.

la10874
3/13/16

Why is Classic still available on snapfish.ca? I easily uploaded and edited photos. I chose photos to print but couldn't place order without a Canadian address. Very strange!!

heatherw49
3/8/16

As a frequent user of the old Snapfish website today I attempted to make a photobook and all the photo editing options are not available. It is difficult to navigate and has removed many of the best features and the reason I used the site regularly.
Unless they can reinstate the features enjoyed in the old website I will be looking for new software for making photobooks.
very very disappointing

kristins32
3/8/16

I have been using Snapfish since 2009 and now that the Classic site is gone I can't even use Snapfish anymore. I try to upload my photos and nothing happens so I have to hit cancel. It's completely unusable. I will be finding a new site to store and print my photos. Very sad about the changes they've made.

helenj41
3/4/16

The old Snapfish site was sensational - intuitive and feature-rich. The new site is one of the worst application experiences I have ever had - unpredictable, inconsistent, photos import in reverse date order (and you can't change that) - not a single good word to say. I am astonished that this was released. Never been motivated to review anything before!

rfl1
3/2/16

I was a loyal customer with Snapfish for years, however, now I am looking for alternatives for printing photos. Here are the reasons:
Snapfish deleted its Classic Site which had worked beautifully without giving us any choice or ways of saving our work.
The edited photos (spent hours working on and are my repeating orders) in various albums in Classic Site were not transferred to the New Site.
All the editing options from Classic Site, such as special borders and effects, etc, no longer exist
Even basic editing option such as crop are not accessible
The New Site is very hard to navigate
The Mobile Site is simply horrible to use.

dianas70
3/2/16

New site is horrific! Half my photos are missing, from complete albums to albums partially full of blanks. Some albums are duplicated and they cannot be stored in chronological order. Photos can no longer be edited and the customer service beggars belief. It is mostly unintelligible with long delays in getting back to you and then they can only state the obvious ...'if your photos are lost from our website our suggested fix is to re-upload' ??????????

I shall not use any more.............

kathleens29
2/26/16

It is very upsetting that my old albums are gone - What a terrible thing to do to loyal customers of many years. The mobile site is so awful - can't look at your albums as a separate item - now you can't edit photos for light and contrast - online rep says that feature is coming soon - I should have stayed with Shutterfly . All my photos are here and can't be transferred. All free 100 print deals are on mobile site only - yet I have to use my laptop to make my projects- and view my photos carefully. The new marketing team should take a look at all the negative reviews - you have caused an uproar of dissatisfied customers! What a shame....

briann197
2/25/16

Made one mistake spelling a word and only noticed when I received my photobook. Frustrating! Please introduce Spell check so I & others can avoid the problem.

I hate snapfish after my Christmas card debacle so I can't help...I'm thinking SHUTTERFLY?

By Jennifer C.

I think I will try shutterfuly I used it short while before snapfish and loved it now I am sure they might have a different layout & process ..seems these companies make things more complicated rather than simpler..

By RosieOgrady r.

I have made a book using the Harvey Norman Photo site - I like the editing choices (not as many options as Snapfish). I sent it off for printing a week ago and was fully aware that it would take 7-10 days. So I am on the edge of my seat waiting for it to be delivered to the local store. Perhaps not as good specials as Snapfish - but then I did get 30% discount.

By Vickie P.

I sat for hours at my computer and also created my first photo book for my sons 30th birthday, I done this with my sister, once done we saved the book then went back in to make sure it was saved!!! I went in to day to add more photos and to my amazement my project was gone! I went on the live chat and spoke to someone called Ram,I was told I have never had a project, I told them it was on the old classic , they checked and told me there was never a project! Who ever set the new style have really messed up and I need answers!!! This is not acceptable!!!!!!!

By Anne G.

Since H-P sold Snapfish to another company, Snapfish service and product line have deteriorated to where no one is happy or satisfied. Re. customer service, it is NOTHING like the old Snapfish was. Almost impossible to reach them, their answers are vague, non-committal, it's like you're talking to a machine. After using them for several books, I have switched to Mixbook.

By Richard C.

Questions? Get answers from the Snapfish staff and other customers.

Snapfish?