Review of Snapfish

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: 1-800-558-8224

pc81
2/23/16

I have spent several hours over the past few days trying to set up a photo book. I have chatted online and still can't view the pictures that I pulled onto the site. I am finally giving up. I have done an album a year for my nephew but he may not be getting one this year. I will try a different photo book group.

kc102
2/20/16

What happened? NO issues on the old site, then this new site causes all sorts of headaches! I can't load most of my old photo albums, NONE of my 30+ photo books are on the new site (but according to the Indian customer service reps "they will be there by the end of February") and there is not even a landline number to contact anyone IN PERSON! No thanks. I'll take me future photos elsewhere...

franw10
2/20/16

Like many others, I am very frustrated by the technical glitches on the new Snapfish website. Unwanted margins are being inserted in photobooks, stalling the completion of the photobooks I am working on. It will be in Snapfish's best interests to address the bugs you have, before there is a mass migration of your, previously happy, customers to other photobook services

wendyp34
2/18/16

I have published beautiful books with snap fish for over five years. The new updated program is hard to use, slow, unacceddible. . I am so frustrated I am going to switch and never use them again. Do not start a photo book with this new improved snap fish

erinl27
2/16/16

I am getting exceedingly frustrated with all the technically glitches happening on the new site. I am all for change and improvements but why launch a site that has so many bugs? First my changes wouldn't save for weeks on any of my photobooks. Then, an entire 150-page photobook disappeared, representing months of work gone. Today, 90% of my embellishments in two separate photobooks just disappeared. Every time I contact customer service, I get canned copy/paste responses from the chat feature or someone reading from a script if I call. They always tell me to update my browser or allow cookies, even though I preemptively tell them I have already gone through those steps and it isn't that. Those times my issue was escalted to your higher team, I didn't hear anything for weeks at a time and then they emailed asking for information I had already provided and telling me that it was my fault that I "hadn't saved my work," even though I do save my work on TOP of the auto-save feature. The mystery of the disappearing photobook ended in a "sorry, it's gone, here's a free 20-page photobook credit, now recreate your work and save it this time." When I responded rather passionately that I had saved it, that it was unacceptable that months of work just disappeared, and provided the same identifying information for the umpteenth time, the album was magically found. Each issue has eventually been resolved without so much as an explanation other than "wait for a bit and it should be resolved." I am sick and tired of wasting my time working on projects wherein my work just vanishes without explanation. My time is valuable and I have none to spare to mess around on making projects that don't save or waiting around for glitches to be fixed. I have been a loyal, exclusive Snapfish customer for seven years and have spent thousands upon thousands of dollars on projects, prints, cards, etc. and have referred countless friends and family to Snapfish over its competitors. But I have just about had enough and am ready to start using one of its competitors who will appreciate my time, efforts, and money.

michm4
2/11/16

I can not describe how annoyed/ angered/ infuriated I am with the updated snapfish at the moment.

I have been using SF for years so was greatly concerned about loosing all my pre-2014 projects, my photobooks especially (oh the hours I had put into creating them) So I called up the a customer service representative.

Apparently the new site's software is incompatible with the old hence why projects were going to be deleted BUT I was told the way to save them was to go into the photobooks, modify them in some way and re-save them with a 2016 date to circumvent the pre-2014 cut off. They couldn't 'guarantee' this would work but to give it a try as 'apparently' it worked in New Zealand. That wasn't good enough for me so I asked if I could buy a hard copy in the form of a cd, dvd or usb stick from them. Couldn't do that either because of copywrite, which apparently applies even if the items are going to be permanently deleted.

Well NONE of my photobooks came across and to make matters worse ALL of my photo's are now completely out of order.

All in all I would NOT recommend this company anymore, especially as the same thing could occur the next time SF decide to update their software.

sk364
2/10/16

I actually looked up reviews on this company before choosing them to print 1,000's of photos for me. I did the stupid thing and only looked at the top results on google. They had outstanding reviews. If only I had dug a little deeper I wouldn't be in the predicament I'm in now!
Unlike most people I received my 2 day shipment in 4 days, this is where anything positive ends. The box they were delivered in was so beat up it was only being held together with tape. There was nothing inside to protect the photos. They were left on the porch in the snow, but thankfully I was home right after they were delivered. By some miracle they had escaped being damaged.
Then I started going through them and my heart sank. They are complete garbage! I own a high end dslr camera and it takes professional quality photos. I made sure when I ordered to uncheck the color correction/cropping option, but here were all my photos cropped awfully. Peoples heads and limbs cut off, zoomed way in, off center, you name it! The colors are either faded or saturated to the point where they look fake. Some colors, especially black, have rainbows in them. I've never seen anything quite like it.
I am missing hundreds of photos from my order. I guess they didn't think I would bother to count! Many of the photos are duplicates or multiples that I did not order. Meaning I'm missing even more than I had initially counted. Most of the photos are grainy too. They look like they were taken on a child's play camera.
I have been going circles with their "customer service". They have no telephone number, only live chat and email. The live chat is a joke, with sometimes over 500 people waiting. I chose email and just continue to receive the same automated replies. They asked me to send them examples of the "quality issues", but the reply email is a dead end. Your email will timeout after 1 minute every time, even if you are sending a one word reply.
I tried the other option, to upload a few photos to the site and label the album "Quality Issue". I received no confirmation or anything. I tried email again and was told they did not have the knowledge to address my issue, so someone else would be following up. Which never happened. I sent a very specific email asking many questions and received the same scripted/programmed responses.
Stay away from this company! I am still trying to get a refund, but am not very hopeful.
The photo I added is of my dog. The original was almost his entire body length, but its so zoomed in they even cut off his nose. This one is over saturated as well.

UPDATE:
After getting Paypal involved an escalating to a claim I finally received a full refund. Thank you Paypal!

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY from Snapfish! Terrible quality, NO customer service!

stephanief36
2/8/16

I am so sad that they have changed their editing program. With the classic site, I could crop and do other editing, but now - nothing. I will be switching services after years of being a loyal user.

lenorep
2/8/16

I have been a loyal snapfish customer for several years now and have printed dozens of 12x12 photobooks (nearly all at a maximum of 150 pages each), Christmas cards, approximately 30 canvases, and hundreds of prints. I have never shopped for photo products from a competitor and had always had a wonderful experience with snapfish's site and the product until the classic site stopped being available just recently.

I recently learned that all projects I created prior to 2014 were just deleted/gone forever/completely inaccessible. For years (which had always been the case until recently), I wrongly assumed I would be able to continue to access my older projects as I often will re-print older projects to send to family members or to add to them with new pictures once additional old family photos become available. I spend nearly one hundred hours creating each book memorializing family memories and trips and to just lose a collective thousands of hours of hard work is devastating. I have created books of old family photos once family members have passed and have distributed several copies to several family members. It was heartbreaking to know these projects were just gone and that I cannot re-order them for other family members and cannot add more pages once additional old family photos become available. To me, pictures are the most precious material possession because they capture family memories and events, and, to just lose years of work and not be able to re-print or add to them is devastating.

When I attempted to communicate with a representative about how upsetting it was to lose all access to years of hard work of compiling family memories, the responses were robotic. The responses were clearly copy and pasted responses and did not answer my questions. It was disappointing to not even be able to have simple questions answered. Once I pointed out that they were not answered my question, they eventually just stopped responding and left the conversation without even saying good-bye.

Even the projects that did copy over to the new site from the old classic site are completely ruined, and, in order to reprint, they need to nearly be completely redone as the fonts, layout, and background are either completely different or just gone entirely.

Further, the new site is horrendous. I am finalizing one prior project I had started on the classic site (that I had to completely re-do the 86 pages I had previously created since it was converted from the classic site to the new site and was completely ruined), and, each page takes me at least 10x longer to finalize. The new site is absolutely horrendous. The flexibility I once experienced with being able to modify the text and the layouts is no longer available. It is now impossible to spell check. I use to be able to clearly see all of the text I was writing, and, now it is impossible to see.

Once I finalize this last project, absent being able to have the same abilities from the classic site and my old projects from the classic site, I will never start a new project with snapfish. I have started looking for a comparable alternative and am leaning toward shutterfly.

christinem73
2/6/16

I have used Snapfish shince 2007 and LOVED it....until today. I signed in to work on a project in progress to find that ALL BUT 2 of my projects are simply GONE and that my albums are sorted by download date, not picture date. Mind you, in the old Classic format this was NOT a problem. I loved this site. Now I have lost years worth of work and cannot organize my albums to make any kind of chronological sense. "Chatting" with CSRs was less than helpful.I know loads of people who work in IT who say you don't close a system until the new system is fully functional. Might be taking my business elsewhere, but that doesn't get back what I have lost!!!!!! Sigh.

lorie65
2/3/16

I received my Print and even though it looks good, it took a bit long and I think it was not that cheap

lisah179
2/1/16

I am a very long term customer and the new Snapfish has gone down hill. They no longer have the same custom covers for hardcover book options - and not a basic Christmas red color...
the page options are not good as before.
You can not enlarge a picture before you place it in your book
no spell check
embellishments are not as good as the old site.
they should never have closed the classic site before they had corrected problems
Very disappointed

lons22
1/26/16

In the new (as opposed to "classic") version,
- there is no automatic save
- no spell checker
- no way to zoom in on text to proof it
- cannot brighten images
- cannot zoom in on a picture to verify its what you want in that spot
- cannot get to a help desk--only chat
If you don't use Snapfish already, DONT start. Go to Shutterfly.

ericaw17
1/23/16

My package is lost, I'm on my 3rd customer service representative and no one can help me. I will never use them again. Shutter fly was always fantastic and reliable I don't know why I ever switched. I will go back to using them from now on.

shandiw1
1/15/16

I made my order Dec 4th 2015 and paid for 2 day delivery. By the 10th, it was still in process so I did the chat thing and was told 24 more hours. I used their chat every 2 days until Christmas eve, and I was told 24 hours each time. On Christmas eve, I was told I would be contacted Christmas Day with an update. I advised the employee that no one was going to contact me Christmas Day. ..even their website said they had a two day shutdown, and I was told I would be contacted regardless. I wasn't surprised when I was not contacted, and following the holiday, I used chat again. I asked for a refund and they told me my order was queued for processing and would be shipped January 6th. This was the first time I had been given a concrete date, and not wanting to make a 50 page photo book on a different site, I agreed to wait. January 6th has obviously come and gone and I heard nothing. Once again I went on chat and was told "soon". Since then, I've chatted about every 2 days, with them promising thst an escalated service ticket had been created and that a "higher level" would be contacting me. It is now January 15th and it is still "in process". I was just told again that I would be contacted in 24 hours. I have never seen such poor customer service. I have over 15 chat transcripts with false promises and I am considering forwarding them to the media. I think it's time this company was outed for the fraud they are perpetuating. They had no problem taking my money December 4th, and despite their before Christmas guarentee and countless other promises they made me, I have nothing. I was a long time customer, but no more. I should have just flushed my money down the toilet. It would have been less painful.

carolynp20
1/15/16

Ordered greeting cards and was quite pleased w/the way they turned out.
Better quality than some of the other online sites.
The site is difficult and quirky to navigate, however.
They need to work on that.
Not too keen on having their logo plastered on the back of cards that have my photos on them. Another site I use doesn't do this.
My biggest problem w/Snapfish, however, is their customer service chat line.
I waited in a long line and watched the numbers go down and up. Finally as I neared the finish line...a message appeared and said that "chat" was offline. I couldn't believe my eyes.
This happened more than once and I finally gave up. I think that's their plan.
Good luck trying to find their phone number. They apparently don't want to talk to their customers. I did finally find it ...1-800-634-4500.

samanthad20
1/13/16

I made an order of my portfolio to get into GRAD school after some website gave them raving reviews.. really regretting that decision now. The order is still in process long after it says it would have arrived according to the website. The customer service is painful as you can only talk to people online halfway around the globe. There is no number you can call, and the people on the chat always have the same responses. I almost wonder if they are autobots?

scottt45
1/4/16

Thought that I was buying from the OLD Snapfish which was a good company with good products. I was not aware that the company had been sold to a shoddy outfit with outsourced customer service and below par products. Although my order finally arrived, I was misled by their poor website wording and holiday incentives (like reduced 2 day delivery) only to find out that even though you pay for 2 day delivery the clock doesn't start until they actually create the cards which can take many days (in my case 10 days). I could not check on my order status on-line and did not get a confirmation email (always "in process") so I made the mistake of using their on-line customer chat service with someone in India. It was a complete waste of time. The customer service rep could not confirm anything (even when I could expect my order) and since it was obviously going to arrive too close to the holidays, I had to replace my order on another site with great service and fast service. I emailed (auto reply), had a confusing conversation with customer service online, and tried to cancel the order plus get a refund, but their crappy website would not confirm a cancellation. The cards finally arrived (more than a week later than promised) and customer service then sent a note that they would not give a refund since my cards had already shipped (vicious circle of confusion).

I will never use Snapfish again because of the misleading website communications and awful customer service experience.

beckyd16
1/2/16

I ordered my cards on 12/12, paid the extra handling fee to get them in two days. It is now January 2nd, and I still have not received them. It has been very difficult dealing with customer service over the issues. I feel bad for them after reading all of the negative reviews. I have always been pleased with my service and products from Snapfish. Obviously, the new management is to blame for all of the NEW issues. Hopefully, they will get this taken care of.

jessicap72
12/28/15

I placed an order for holiday cards on 12/10 and paid extra for 2-day shipping to receive them by 12/13. My order did not arrive until 12/23. During that time, I tried the live chat and sat in front of the computer, waiting for my turn in line on the live chat, only to have it canceled once it was my turn. I sent several e-mails to the company (since there is NO PHONE NUMBER) and receive NO response!! I am very unsatisfied with their service (or lack of) and will never use this site again. If they do not refund my money, I will report it to BBB.

johny98
12/28/15

Used them a couple of years ago and they were great. This year I ordered Christmas cards on 12/6 and paid for 2 day shipping. Their website says 5 business days to process, around the 15th, and many attempts to try to reach them after being in queue for 516 people (I did screen prints) we ordered 1 day prints from Walmart and mailed my cards. I then tried to reach them to cancel my order. The moment I typed cancel to the chat person from India, I got disconnected, after that 3 attempts of 500 queues to get "There is no one available to help you now try again later" (have screen prints). They finally sent it next day air on 17th to arrive on the 18th. TOO LATE to be useful -contacted customer service (had to email) again to try to return them and they offered me a free canvas tote when I put in my next order - Gee thanks. Worthless pieces of garbage company - NEVER NEVER USE this company They don't stand behind their 100% satisfaction pledge. Read the articles about when Hewlett Packard sold the company and they laid off a ton of workers - it makes sense now.

Tip for consumers: AVOID - you've been warned

aymiek
12/27/15

Never never again. Not only did snapfish take weeks to send my frame for Christmas, it came late. AND they sent me the WRONG FAMILY!! I am reporting to better business bureau!!!

bertp5
12/26/15

Ordered Christmas calenders December 4th and still haven't received them. No customer service, just automated responses and when I try the live chat just get useless dribble of not to worry you'll get your calenders. When I asked when they said december25th. So I responded what courier will deliver Christmas day. They responded again not to worry you will get them. Surprise it's Boxing Day and my order status still says in process. Sigh ...... Never again. I have gone to 2 family functions with no gifts in hand. Thanks snapfish merry Christmas !

lisad137
12/25/15

I'm greatly disappointed when it comes to recent customer service by Snapfish. This saddens me, because I'm a longtime customer, who greatly appreciated and promoted prior products.

It just seems like new Snapfish website *does not work* and that the Snapfish company has suddenly chosen to sacrifice quality in order to focus on quantity.

I have great memories, and the utmost appreciation for my prior experience with Snapfish.

This recent change for the worst makes me sad.

lenorel
12/24/15

Used be good - made a lot of nice books with them. Those days are gone. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Just purchased 8 12x12 books with 50 pages and all printed horribly with squashed photos and colored lines through images. They said submit order again, I did, those too all printed horribly. GARBAGE. No costumer service help - just bogus online chats and no proper refunds - just credits for more useless printing. What a waste of time and materials. SHOP ELSEWHERE!

I hate snapfish after my Christmas card debacle so I can't help...I'm thinking SHUTTERFLY?

By Jennifer C.

I think I will try shutterfuly I used it short while before snapfish and loved it now I am sure they might have a different layout & process ..seems these companies make things more complicated rather than simpler..

By RosieOgrady r.

I have made a book using the Harvey Norman Photo site - I like the editing choices (not as many options as Snapfish). I sent it off for printing a week ago and was fully aware that it would take 7-10 days. So I am on the edge of my seat waiting for it to be delivered to the local store. Perhaps not as good specials as Snapfish - but then I did get 30% discount.

By Vickie P.

I sat for hours at my computer and also created my first photo book for my sons 30th birthday, I done this with my sister, once done we saved the book then went back in to make sure it was saved!!! I went in to day to add more photos and to my amazement my project was gone! I went on the live chat and spoke to someone called Ram,I was told I have never had a project, I told them it was on the old classic , they checked and told me there was never a project! Who ever set the new style have really messed up and I need answers!!! This is not acceptable!!!!!!!

By Anne G.

Since H-P sold Snapfish to another company, Snapfish service and product line have deteriorated to where no one is happy or satisfied. Re. customer service, it is NOTHING like the old Snapfish was. Almost impossible to reach them, their answers are vague, non-committal, it's like you're talking to a machine. After using them for several books, I have switched to Mixbook.

By Richard C.

Questions? Get answers from the Snapfish staff and other customers.

Snapfish?