Review of Snapfish

Tel: 1-800-558-8224
publisher@snapfish.com

elizao5
6/28/19

I ordered 4 photos for not even $5, I paid about $3 the most & I received a tracking number, it said I would receive my photos on the 2nd but I received them 5 days earlier. Now the quality isn't so great but I can't really complain. As a photographer, I see it as you get what you pay for. Not sure If I want to spend more money though due to all of the bad reviews. Luckily I only tried 4 photos to test it out before buying 100+ photos for a photo album I'm creating.

dawns336
6/21/19

Horrible. I have used Snapfish for almost 20 years and their customer service and quality has become increasingly worse. Most recently, I paid over $60 for shipping to make sure that my project arrived today, in time for my end of year girl scout ceremony. Despite 2 associates assuring me it would arrive today, a third just told me basically "too bad, it's not guaranteed". Now I just need to figure out how to move my more than 4000 pictures to another cite...

valerieb177
6/10/19

I WILL never use this company again. Reviews are 100% correct. SNAPFISH customer service is the worst. I order photo products in large numbers 3 to 4 times a year and know what to expect. This company will not do right by the customer. They use unrelieable delivery services and skimp costs at every corner, they will not track packages if you use free shipping. The tracking number is a hoax. Do not believe you will be able to track your package and do not believe you will see your order in less than a month. If it's lost you basically have to start over. They do not care that you wasted weeks on waiting for the order. DO NOT SHOP AT SNAPFISH!! They used to be a much better company with decent customer service. But after 1 hour on the phone with 3 different customer service representatives it is clear Customer Service is not longer going to be reasonable and accountable. There are too many good competitors in this market, I urge you do NOT waste your time on this website, which is pathetic as well, or on this company, You will loose $$$ in many ways and your time will be wasted.

emilyn25
5/9/19

I ordered two photo books as gifts for Mothers Day. When I ordered them I added expedited shipping to be sure they would be delivered on time. I had not received any tracking info so I called two days in a row and was told my books were complete and UPS was picking them up. On the third day I still had not received any tracking info and called again. I was then told my books were still being processed and there was no expected delivery date. This was told to me on the day they were supposed to be delivered. The manager I spoke with said he would be emailing me to keep me updated. No email no nothing 12 hours later. I have no gift and the customer service gave me incorrect information for two days and no help on the third. If I could give 0 stars I would.

amyw372
3/18/19

I had an account with Snapfish under an old employer email address. I not longer work there and am trying to log in to try to get my children's birth photos. They literally told me I have to reactivate that old email with an employer I no longer work for to get into my account! WTF

irenep56
2/8/19

Some prints were so bad I had to go to boots to get them redone. Although snapfish were very cheap, it is a total waste of money. The quality is awful

kevinb669
1/31/19

While their products may be enticing and I have been mostly happy with their products,
after having two support issues within 10 days, I DO NOT RECOMMEND SNAPFISH.

They continue to provide offerings that are drastically reduced percentages of original price, which is an indication that their original prices are high. Their web site adds certain discounts but not the one you want, so it doesn't get accepted. Also, when changing the number of items ordered, there is a glitch that doesn't always correctly update. This is horrible web site; I have designed many, and this one is sub-standard.

There are other similar photo-based offerings that I have previously had success, so based on poor customer service, even after escalating without getting appropriate response, I cannot continue with Snapfish.

hm121
12/27/18

This company has terrible customer service, an indecipherable interface, they lie about how long it takes to receive an order (to the tune of an order arriving 6 DAYS after it was supposed to arrive) and they refuse to take responsibility for the mistakes on orders. I will never, ever, use Snapfish again.

kindrap2
12/21/18

I placed two IDENTICAL orders. Each contained one photo book. The first order I chose RUSH service and paid extra so that it could arrive today before our friends go out of town. The second order I didn't not pay extra for rush service. Two days ago I received shipping notification for the order placed last. The RUSH order didn't ship until today, which was the estimated delivery date and which is also FOUR days after the order was placed. Now my gift will not arrive before my friends leave for Christmas and it will likely get stolen off their porch because no one will be home. I contacted customer service, they won't do anything to fix the problem. This is horrible customer service.

tomo103
12/18/18

Just look at the reviews. How are they in business? Too bad rating them zero stars is not an option.

beverleya10
12/12/18

And yet every year I come back because their prices are good. I GET SO INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED WITH THEIR CIRCULAR SYSTEM WHERE YOU NEVER GET WHERE YOU WANT TO GO, EXCEPT BY ACCIDENT... EVENTUALLY!

georgea231
12/12/18

Snapfish either used crappy paper, or purposely lowered the color saturation settings on my ten photo books intended as Christmas presents. The colorful landscapes looked closer to black and white! The front and rear cover, done on glossy paper, were reasonably accurate, so their claim that I didn't review the online proof is false.

ribbitr
11/26/18

Good products, a little expensive. Coupons are a bit gimicky, customer
service is terrible. IF you have the unfortunate need to contact
customer service they only give you canned lines and "I'm sorry" lines,
but are no help. The customer service tried to help me pay more than the
coupon on their front page, gee thanks!

tedk69
11/4/18

Snapfish website runs so slowly we often can't even access our photos to order them. Incredibly disappointing.

karenh578
9/24/18

Changed my email address and password. Can't log in using ANY email (new or old)!! Was told I needed to contact my previous service provider to reopen my old email in order to access my account. (Provider told me I no longer had an account! DUH!) Basically I am out FOUR projects and between 300-500 pictures! Customer service has done NOTHING to help this situation after two contacts with them. Excuses, excuses is all I hear!!

cmrj
9/5/18

I ordered 131 photos enlarged and I am extremely disappointed. All the photos were stretched and truncated and no matter how. Photos are unacceptable, complete decentered, with people cut in the middle or missing. It's disastrous. After contact the customer service, they just apologized. All the pictures worth to go to the bin, but no refund, just a proposition to print it again but "without guarantee".

raneea
Ranee A.
8/3/18

I've tried them a few times. They're okay. They do crop your photos a smidgen and you tend to loose a quarter inch of your picture. I just use them as a third party place to store my photos sould something happen to my first and second source. It's also the only place I can find that lets you download the original.

maureenj23
7/29/18

I ordered a custom book and couldn't be happier. It arrived today, less than a week after I custom made it through their web sight. From cover to cover and all the pages, it is perfect! Highly recommended

janetc15
6/7/18
• Updated review

Previously, I was only not recommending Snapfish for backups and also, you cannot delete photos or albums if you choose to. But now it's a total different level. They upload a tracking number that is either fake or never updates. Therefore, you have no idea if your order actually "shipped" or if the products are lost in the mail. You will never find out unless you make the effort to speak to customer support and let them know. This isn't the first time it happened. I knew a few other people who had the same issue.

I contacted customer service (live chat) and they simply told me the tracking didn't update because the carrier didn't do it but the products are still "on its way". But Snapfish themselves couldn't even tell me where the products are. It's blatantly a lie. I was told to wait another 2-3 business days. It's been 15 days.

Now this is not to bash them purely about shipping because the speed isn't their fault. But I previously liked Snapfish for their price range and their quality prints. When I finally got my prints in the mail (after being in limbo), all the images came with a grid-like-waffle effect on them which makes them unusable.

“Cannot Delete Purchases”
5/14/16
• Previous review

The new layout works well with mobile devices, however, it is missing functionality. For example, I cannot see My Photos or Albums UNLESS I'm on the Snapfish homepage. It does not show up on the side menu. Also, is there a legitimate reason why they don't let you delete purchased projects? I kind of not want my photos being permanently saved on the account. If I had known this, I would've never purchased anything from them. I previously ordered my prints through Rite Aid, and from what I SAW or KNEW, they do not force you to save your photographs even after purchasing.

Besides that complaint, I suggest not to trust them with your lifetime of photographs. Back them up. Save them elsewhere. Do multiple back-ups. If they mean a lot to you, don't think Snapfish is going to hold any sentiment. They don't care. They can lose your photographs at any time. Also, my brother ordered a set of photographs and it got lost in the mail. While this was not Snapfish's fault, it's still disappointing and who knows where these photographs are now; being viewed by some stranger?

karenw431
6/2/18

Customer service had the opportunity to help and elected not to do anything. System was very slow and after playing with multiple formats, finally got one to final format. Inadvertently put the wrong number in verbiage section.
3 hrs after placing the order, two weeks before it is schedule to be delivered, realized the mistake. Customer service, which can help, elected to hold to the one hour time limit. Will never use them again.

darlenes74
5/7/18

Extremely upset with this company - I paid way too much for a book and overnight shipping so I would receive on time for a specific event. I went to see the tracking on my order today and noticed that it had not even shipped yet. I contacted their customer support and told them to cancel the order if it had not shipped and they told me I was too late and too bad. Too bad I didn't read all of these reviews before I ordered. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

jeant17
2/26/18
• Updated review

Approx. two years later I want to update my previous scathing review ( that was well deserved, by the way!)
I tried several other sites to start my photo books and just couldn't get used to them, so about a year ago I went back to Snapfish. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had greatly improved their site....made many changes that make it a much better site to work with. I just received my book (140 pages.....months of work!) and
overall was very pleased! Glad I gave them another chance!!

“Oh my God!!! What have you done?!!!”
2/26/18
• Previous review

I, too, was a loyal Snapfish customer for years! You have devastated your website...losing precious photos and projects for countless customers. You need to....hire new software developers and new customer service agents if you want to survive. There are so many issues with your site, I don't know where to begin. Start by bringing back the old site and slowly make changes. If you don't undo the damage you will be out of business in a year.
Good luck!!

lizc66
1/2/18

I have used Snapfish for many years, but I will never use them again! I was reimbursed for an order that was not delivered in time for Christmas. I was promised my order, personalized calendars, would still be delivered. They have not been delivered and now Snapfish is refusing to resend them, even though I was promised the oder, in writing. Awful!

tammyd21
12/7/17

This is the first time I had to talk to customer service for a terrible product. I ordered a christmas ornament using high resolution photo from a professional photo shoot. The ornament came to be super fuzzy you couldn't even make out my daughter's nose that's how bad it was. Fast forward to customer service, they were only willing to refund me my shipping and give me credit for the ornament. For what? I don't want your crappy products after this. I kept saying no until they refunded me just for the ornament and not the shipping. Complete rip off! Stay away!!!

keng67
11/25/17

Classic Bait and switch tactics to sell their Christmas cards. Some cards it says starting at $1, $1.10 or $2.65. So I pick a card that is $1 upload my picture put on text when I get to the cart it changes to $1.85 each. So I chat and the agent tells me it's higher because I changed from 20 to 40 cards. Not the right answer. Then says it's a site price that is wrong & they are working to correct it. Wants to give me credit of 20 cards on my next order. I said no want the $1 price. He would not do that so I called. The supervisor was to email me to resolve my issue the phone person said I could not talk to him he was busy. They did not email me. Like I said they show you 1 price then you get to the cart & it's now $1.85 instead of $1.

I hate snapfish after my Christmas card debacle so I can't help...I'm thinking SHUTTERFLY?

By Jennifer C.

I think I will try shutterfuly I used it short while before snapfish and loved it now I am sure they might have a different layout & process ..seems these companies make things more complicated rather than simpler..

By RosieOgrady r.

I have made a book using the Harvey Norman Photo site - I like the editing choices (not as many options as Snapfish). I sent it off for printing a week ago and was fully aware that it would take 7-10 days. So I am on the edge of my seat waiting for it to be delivered to the local store. Perhaps not as good specials as Snapfish - but then I did get 30% discount.

By Vickie P.

I sat for hours at my computer and also created my first photo book for my sons 30th birthday, I done this with my sister, once done we saved the book then went back in to make sure it was saved!!! I went in to day to add more photos and to my amazement my project was gone! I went on the live chat and spoke to someone called Ram,I was told I have never had a project, I told them it was on the old classic , they checked and told me there was never a project! Who ever set the new style have really messed up and I need answers!!! This is not acceptable!!!!!!!

By Anne G.

Since H-P sold Snapfish to another company, Snapfish service and product line have deteriorated to where no one is happy or satisfied. Re. customer service, it is NOTHING like the old Snapfish was. Almost impossible to reach them, their answers are vague, non-committal, it's like you're talking to a machine. After using them for several books, I have switched to Mixbook.

By Richard C.

Questions? Get answers from the Snapfish staff and other customers.

Snapfish?