Review of Snapfish

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: 1-800-558-8224

beverleya10
12/12/18

And yet every year I come back because their prices are good. I GET SO INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED WITH THEIR CIRCULAR SYSTEM WHERE YOU NEVER GET WHERE YOU WANT TO GO, EXCEPT BY ACCIDENT... EVENTUALLY!

georgea231
12/12/18

Snapfish either used crappy paper, or purposely lowered the color saturation settings on my ten photo books intended as Christmas presents. The colorful landscapes looked closer to black and white! The front and rear cover, done on glossy paper, were reasonably accurate, so their claim that I didn't review the online proof is false.

ribbitr
11/26/18

Good products, a little expensive. Coupons are a bit gimicky, customer
service is terrible. IF you have the unfortunate need to contact
customer service they only give you canned lines and "I'm sorry" lines,
but are no help. The customer service tried to help me pay more than the
coupon on their front page, gee thanks!

tedk69
11/4/18

Snapfish website runs so slowly we often can't even access our photos to order them. Incredibly disappointing.

karenh578
9/24/18

Changed my email address and password. Can't log in using ANY email (new or old)!! Was told I needed to contact my previous service provider to reopen my old email in order to access my account. (Provider told me I no longer had an account! DUH!) Basically I am out FOUR projects and between 300-500 pictures! Customer service has done NOTHING to help this situation after two contacts with them. Excuses, excuses is all I hear!!

cmrj
9/5/18

I ordered 131 photos enlarged and I am extremely disappointed. All the photos were stretched and truncated and no matter how. Photos are unacceptable, complete decentered, with people cut in the middle or missing. It's disastrous. After contact the customer service, they just apologized. All the pictures worth to go to the bin, but no refund, just a proposition to print it again but "without guarantee".

raneea
8/3/18

I've tried them a few times. They're okay. They do crop your photos a smidgen and you tend to loose a quarter inch of your picture. I just use them as a third party place to store my photos sould something happen to my first and second source. It's also the only place I can find that lets you download the original.

maureenj23
7/29/18

I ordered a custom book and couldn't be happier. It arrived today, less than a week after I custom made it through their web sight. From cover to cover and all the pages, it is perfect! Highly recommended

janetc15
6/7/18
• Updated review

Previously, I was only not recommending Snapfish for backups and also, you cannot delete photos or albums if you choose to. But now it's a total different level. They upload a tracking number that is either fake or never updates. Therefore, you have no idea if your order actually "shipped" or if the products are lost in the mail. You will never find out unless you make the effort to speak to customer support and let them know. This isn't the first time it happened. I knew a few other people who had the same issue.

I contacted customer service (live chat) and they simply told me the tracking didn't update because the carrier didn't do it but the products are still "on its way". But Snapfish themselves couldn't even tell me where the products are. It's blatantly a lie. I was told to wait another 2-3 business days. It's been 15 days.

Now this is not to bash them purely about shipping because the speed isn't their fault. But I previously liked Snapfish for their price range and their quality prints. When I finally got my prints in the mail (after being in limbo), all the images came with a grid-like-waffle effect on them which makes them unusable.

“Cannot Delete Purchases”
5/14/16
• Previous review

The new layout works well with mobile devices, however, it is missing functionality. For example, I cannot see My Photos or Albums UNLESS I'm on the Snapfish homepage. It does not show up on the side menu. Also, is there a legitimate reason why they don't let you delete purchased projects? I kind of not want my photos being permanently saved on the account. If I had known this, I would've never purchased anything from them. I previously ordered my prints through Rite Aid, and from what I SAW or KNEW, they do not force you to save your photographs even after purchasing.

Besides that complaint, I suggest not to trust them with your lifetime of photographs. Back them up. Save them elsewhere. Do multiple back-ups. If they mean a lot to you, don't think Snapfish is going to hold any sentiment. They don't care. They can lose your photographs at any time. Also, my brother ordered a set of photographs and it got lost in the mail. While this was not Snapfish's fault, it's still disappointing and who knows where these photographs are now; being viewed by some stranger?

karenw431
6/2/18

Customer service had the opportunity to help and elected not to do anything. System was very slow and after playing with multiple formats, finally got one to final format. Inadvertently put the wrong number in verbiage section.
3 hrs after placing the order, two weeks before it is schedule to be delivered, realized the mistake. Customer service, which can help, elected to hold to the one hour time limit. Will never use them again.

darlenes74
5/7/18

Extremely upset with this company - I paid way too much for a book and overnight shipping so I would receive on time for a specific event. I went to see the tracking on my order today and noticed that it had not even shipped yet. I contacted their customer support and told them to cancel the order if it had not shipped and they told me I was too late and too bad. Too bad I didn't read all of these reviews before I ordered. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

jeant17
2/26/18
• Updated review

Approx. two years later I want to update my previous scathing review ( that was well deserved, by the way!)
I tried several other sites to start my photo books and just couldn't get used to them, so about a year ago I went back to Snapfish. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had greatly improved their site....made many changes that make it a much better site to work with. I just received my book (140 pages.....months of work!) and
overall was very pleased! Glad I gave them another chance!!

“Oh my God!!! What have you done?!!!”
2/26/18
• Previous review

I, too, was a loyal Snapfish customer for years! You have devastated your website...losing precious photos and projects for countless customers. You need to....hire new software developers and new customer service agents if you want to survive. There are so many issues with your site, I don't know where to begin. Start by bringing back the old site and slowly make changes. If you don't undo the damage you will be out of business in a year.
Good luck!!

lizc66
1/2/18

I have used Snapfish for many years, but I will never use them again! I was reimbursed for an order that was not delivered in time for Christmas. I was promised my order, personalized calendars, would still be delivered. They have not been delivered and now Snapfish is refusing to resend them, even though I was promised the oder, in writing. Awful!

tammyd21
12/7/17

This is the first time I had to talk to customer service for a terrible product. I ordered a christmas ornament using high resolution photo from a professional photo shoot. The ornament came to be super fuzzy you couldn't even make out my daughter's nose that's how bad it was. Fast forward to customer service, they were only willing to refund me my shipping and give me credit for the ornament. For what? I don't want your crappy products after this. I kept saying no until they refunded me just for the ornament and not the shipping. Complete rip off! Stay away!!!

keng67
11/25/17

Classic Bait and switch tactics to sell their Christmas cards. Some cards it says starting at $1, $1.10 or $2.65. So I pick a card that is $1 upload my picture put on text when I get to the cart it changes to $1.85 each. So I chat and the agent tells me it's higher because I changed from 20 to 40 cards. Not the right answer. Then says it's a site price that is wrong & they are working to correct it. Wants to give me credit of 20 cards on my next order. I said no want the $1 price. He would not do that so I called. The supervisor was to email me to resolve my issue the phone person said I could not talk to him he was busy. They did not email me. Like I said they show you 1 price then you get to the cart & it's now $1.85 instead of $1.

lisan145
11/20/17

They took away a credit that I had that had an expiration of 12/31/2050. Took me 3 calls to get some of the credits back, but they stated this one was a system glitch. Very disappointed that they did nothing to correct a wrong.

estebanm17
Esteban M.
11/12/17

They lost more than 5000 of my photo collection. Unreliable place. When contacted ref this, they didn't take any responsibility. "Corrupted images" was their answer.

rosemarym35
11/1/17

The quality of the prints is dark and muddy. Some are not cropped as shown in the image on line. Customer service is asking for over burdening proof and only offering to reprint. No refund. I will not use them again.

ginnic1
10/17/17

Order a phone case in the wrong size that was $40 and $12 for s/h and they wouldnt let me cancel it, offer me a credit, change the picture or anything!!!!
Yes it was my fault but they wouldnt EVEN TRY TO HELP OR ACCOMMODATE ME!!!
I AM A PROFESSIONAL SCRAPBOOKER! I PRINT 1000s of PICTURES A YEAR! I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!

chrisw277
8/23/17

I spent about 12 hours working on putting together a photo book, saving the work as I progressed. I left the site to look at some additional photos I wanted to use. When I went back to the site, the entire project and all the photos I had imported previously had disappeared! An on line chat with a representative was not only a waste of time, but also added to my frustration as the rep had no explanation or solution. DO NOT USE Snapfish!

bertrandh11
8/21/17

For prints up to 5 x 7, you may save money with snapfish, but anything larger has a good chance of being of poor quality with dull color, very cheap paper, and lousy packaging.

kimr124
8/13/17

Apparently when snapfish transitioned to their new site, any photos of yours on their old site is not longer accessible to us or them. Basically what they're saying is they were too lazy to move the photos over so they deleted them. Live support told me today that a 'notice' was sent out in 2015 to the customers, but I don't recall seeing anything. So mad my memories are lost, thanks to them.

chrish274
8/4/17

I've used Snapfish many times over the years for all sorts of photo books, gifts, and prints. I received a photo book yesterday. The pages of the book are very nice, but the cover is awful!! After just taking it out of the box, it was covered with my fingerprints. I was so excited to look at my book, that I just ignored it. After looking through it, I left it on the table. My husband picked it up a little while later and when he put it down it was covered with prints. Again, inside pages are fine, but cover is low quality that shows every little smudge (we are adults with clean hands, not toddlers!) Customer service was polite, but had me take photos of what I was talking about and upload them to a new album on their site. Then they offered me a 40% refund. How is that helping my smudgy book that I'd be embarrassed to display? I have other photo books from them that are fine, years after receiving them. They definitely lowered their quality. Such a shame, as it is a user friendly site and always has special deals going on. Shipping was pretty quick too. But, there are too many competitors to stick with them. Putting a book together is too time consuming to not be confident that it will be good quality.

craigg48
5/23/17

One order of a print on wood took 3 tries befor we got one undamaged. Also on two other oders their site would not take my credit card. The message said for me to contact my credit card company. I did and they had no clue what the issue was. The customer service was bad....i decided to use Walmart...no more snap fish

snapfishr
5/22/17

Title says it all. Snapfish is notorious for losing uploaded pictures and albums although they claim they have multiple image back-ups. Use this company if you want to waste your time and lose your pictures and albums after a few years.

I hate snapfish after my Christmas card debacle so I can't help...I'm thinking SHUTTERFLY?

By Jennifer C.

I think I will try shutterfuly I used it short while before snapfish and loved it now I am sure they might have a different layout & process ..seems these companies make things more complicated rather than simpler..

By RosieOgrady r.

I have made a book using the Harvey Norman Photo site - I like the editing choices (not as many options as Snapfish). I sent it off for printing a week ago and was fully aware that it would take 7-10 days. So I am on the edge of my seat waiting for it to be delivered to the local store. Perhaps not as good specials as Snapfish - but then I did get 30% discount.

By Vickie P.

I sat for hours at my computer and also created my first photo book for my sons 30th birthday, I done this with my sister, once done we saved the book then went back in to make sure it was saved!!! I went in to day to add more photos and to my amazement my project was gone! I went on the live chat and spoke to someone called Ram,I was told I have never had a project, I told them it was on the old classic , they checked and told me there was never a project! Who ever set the new style have really messed up and I need answers!!! This is not acceptable!!!!!!!

By Anne G.

Since H-P sold Snapfish to another company, Snapfish service and product line have deteriorated to where no one is happy or satisfied. Re. customer service, it is NOTHING like the old Snapfish was. Almost impossible to reach them, their answers are vague, non-committal, it's like you're talking to a machine. After using them for several books, I have switched to Mixbook.

By Richard C.

Questions? Get answers from the Snapfish staff and other customers.

Snapfish?