Review of Snapfish

San Francisco, CA 94107, United States
Tel: 1-800-558-8224

buffalob
6/1/16

Snapfish was never a great website but it was useful. The new website is a mess. It took me 15 minutes to order three prints. It used to take three minutes. When I finally got the three photos into the cart, it wouldn't take my credit card info. I am going to find an alternative. AWFUL. AWFUL. AWFUL.

dianew53
5/28/16

Used to love the speedy upload available before the snapfish upgrade. Photo's ordered in minutes. Now it's taking ALL DAY just to upload and order photographs. Site difficult to navigate too. Very confusing. This is the second order I've made since upgrade and was hoping niggles would have been sorted out by now. Not sure I'll have time to order from them again - don't want to spend another day and evening (2pm to 10pm) uploading again - sorry!

lindaw170
5/26/16

I used to love snapfish - I have had nothing but problems. When I try to resolve them Customer Service has been terrible. When I log into my photos the web page isn't formatted. I cant' edit the pictures. My daughter shares her pictures and I can't see them. It is one issue after another. Customer service says they are known issues - but after weeks they still aren't resolved!

kurtr22
5/25/16

After Snapfish moved over to their new site, I lost many of my older pictures. When I reached out to customer service, they told me that I shouldn't be concerned because this was happening to other customers as well. They said that once they are lost, they are gone and can no longer be recovered. When I told them that I was going to take my business to another company, they said that they are sorry to hear that and they wish they could have retained my business. Beware of this site because you may lose your valuable memories!!

nancyb144
5/15/16

Wow!! Snapfish is really in the toilet! Wasn't expecting this mess with the upgrade, being a formerly loyal happy Snapfish customer.. Spent hours creating the perfect book, ordered it only to have it cancelled without explanation. Customer service was awful, I received credits, ordered my book again only to have it cancelled again without a reason. I was ready to go for a third time and now experienced issues with the book missing photos, backgrounds and embellishments disappearing.. decided to see if I was alone in this.. and apparently I am not.. I am looking for a new company to replace Snapfish ..time to move on.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE UNTIL THEY FIX THEIR ISSUES!! BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

junew21
5/11/16

"I wish I could give zero stars.
I created books that I wanted to purchase on the "Buy one, get two free" special that expired April 15. But there was a technical problem with one of the books where some of the pictures would "shrink" when I went to review mode - it looked terrible! So I went to online customer support chat. They said it would have to be sent to the higher up technical team. That was on APRIL 11. I have "chatted" at least 5 times, e-mailed once, and finally called and talked with a supervisor on MAY 2! Every single time they assured me that it had been "escalated" and that a request had been sent to the tech team to resolve the issue. Now it is MAY 11 (a FULL MONTH later) and I still have heard absolutely nothing and the problem is not resolved. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. All anyone will say is that it is still with the technical team, who, of course, cannot be contacted except by them sending a message. . . .Looks like I will have to find another site and start these books over from scratch. I will never do business with Snapfish again. "

hunterc12
5/9/16

I paid for a year's worth of service for my videos and now they are all gone..... The customer service still hasn't responded after a dozen emails over the past 2 weeks.. f this website.

falmort
5/9/16

Unpleasant customer service, and the user functionality of the website is quite awful.

sarahf81

Snapfish is terrible.
Took forever to get my order into their website (not user friendly) and then when I got my order the heads were cut off majority of my pictures.
When I contacted them they asked for examples but there is no option to attach pictures to the chat session so they said then there wasn't anything they could do.
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!
TERRIBLE SITE

georged61
5/8/16

I paid extra for years for videos. Now several of them are gone. They appear, but do not work. I thought I was protected since I was paying to have on site. Extremely disappointed that I lost some life time videos such as seeing tigers on wild India, Sharks under water in south Aftica and more.

ritab37
5/5/16

Not only is the new Snapfish layout the worst and least user friendly web site I have EVER seen, they have now decided to take away any editing capabilities. I have asked them when it will be reinstated and was told their engineers are working on it and they have no idea when it will be available. So why discontinue their old web site while they are still working on the new one? So we are stuck with red eyes, dark pics, etc until they figure it out. I have been with them since they launched and I am now switching to another web site.

constances1
4/25/16

I ordered two sets of picture prints from this site. I received my orders and was charged the appropriate amounts. However, when my bank statement arrived today, the charges for these two orders were listed on my statement as "Recurring Card Purchase" and the phone number listed next to this vendor is a non-working number. I tried to contact the company via live chat. They never would give me a phone number and couldn't explain "Recurring" card purchase. Bank says this allows them to continue to be paid by me whenever they feel like it...I have seen a scam like this once before years ago. My card is cancelled per my request. Be careful because I do not think this is a legitimate deal. Beware.....

tracyc82
4/19/16

I just completed 2 books on the new site and am working on my last one EVER. I tried the books from scratch and did not have too many difficulties but do not like the backgrounds, etc. I'm still working on the one they imported from the Classic site and have run into plenty of issues. I plan to switch to another provider that actually lets you edit the pictures so that you do not need 2 programs to complete a project. This has doubled my time spent putting these together in an already busy schedule. I gave it a shot and it is no longer meeting my (or a ton of others from what I'm reading) expectations - especially for the price - even at half off.

dorisg9
4/18/16

Snapfish made it so hard to actually order from them. I'm not spending any more time trying to get the order completed.

charlaj
4/15/16

I have been struggling with snapfish ever since they redesigned the site. I've used it to share albums for over 10 years. Now all my photos are gone, and my friends are having problems viewing the albums I've recently created. I quit. I'm actively looking for another way to save and share my photos.

alanm101
4/15/16

It is now complete rubbish. Used to be so fantastic. The awful service already starts with the new look website. All the features have gone, even the basic ones. Even my 11-old son could produce a better system. Absolutely terrible.

loris280
4/13/16

All the information we ate being given and were given is that our photos would be transfered to the new site. The majority of my photos from 2005 to 2010 are now empty. When contacting Snapfish, the response I got was "it appears that all your photos are corrupted and can no longer be retrieved. This happens from time to time with Digital media as part of the upgrade and compatibility changes." All of my photos were fine on the old site. The changevwas bad enough, but now my photos are gone. Had they warned costumers that photos may be lost, I would have bought prints or photo books to insure my precious memories would be safe.

ednad7
4/13/16

I loved snapfish, but now may have to find some compatable service, too long to upload, not able to create, all the reviews are so dead on, what happened snapfish. New engineers get busy, snapfish was too good to loose and it will take years to get back what it had the longer you delay

jenniferc179
4/11/16

I'm very disappointed that Snapfish would force us to change to a new site where we can't even edit our photos. It defeats the purpose of a photo site in the first place. The new site is awkward and not at all user-friendly. I assumed the editing capabilities were just difficult to find, so I used the classic site for as long as I could. Even then my last 2 orders on classic were cancelled because of some issues with my pictures. I have loved snapfish and been a regular customer for years, but am sad to say I will be switching to shutterfly or another site where we can still edit photos and the site is user-friendly. I need some photos changed to sepia, and the customer service rep is asking me to be patient (I've needed them since December and it is now April!). Please tell me why we should wait for MONTHS to be able to edit & order photos?? That doesn't even make sense. You are a photo editing site where photos can't be edited. Absurd!!

andyn15
4/10/16

Snapfish have introduced a new website and in the process removed access to projects that people have spent hundreds of hours creating! No direct warning was given to advise people to finish their projects before the new site came online, except at the bottom of emails proclaiming the wonders of the new site format. This is unacceptable, and Snapfish should reactivate the old site, if only for a limited time, so that customers can finish and order the existing projects that they have spent so long working on.

Sign the petition here:

nicholey1
4/10/16

For 6 years ( since the pregnancy / birth of our first daughter) I have used snapfish and loved everything about it!
I order yearly books ( around 150-180 pages) special occasion books ie bdays christenings etc and countless prints).. I always wait for the discount codes as the books are so big.
Realised snapfish were launching a new site but never looked at any emails as things upgrade and change all the time.. I just assumed it would be a new layout etc!
Gutted and absolutely appalled having just gone onto snapfish to find 3 finalised books totally gone? My whole 2015 book which had christenings bdays memories days out etc.. My daughters second year book and our first holiday abroad book.. These took soooo much time energy and love.. The perfect words / pixs just everything all gone!!!!!
Customer services not in the slight bit helpful..
How can one site think they have any right to delete these books??? I've been in tears as I do these for my gorgeous daughters to look back on.. They are diaries / memories just for them.. I put little captions in and everything and spend so much time on these so if God forbid anything ever happened to me my girls have a diary / memory book to look back on with loving words from their mummy.
Don't even know where to begin or what to do other than be heartbroken

margerym
4/9/16

I used to love Snapfish. Used them for numerous books and other projects and was always pleased with the results. The switch to their new format has been a disaster. When I went to reorder a book that I made just a few months ago, I found that all of the text had been lost in the switch. Also, it seems like book orders are taking WAY longer than they used to. I don't think the new format is any easier to use. In fact, it's more cumbersome. Snapfish should have stuck to the old successful format.

katheriner19
4/9/16

Cannot believe all previous projects have just gone!!! Appalling service. Just unbelievably bad!
Have they gone bust? If not, they should do soon. After years of being a frequent customer, no explanation or apology from them. If you value your pictures do not trust them to snapfish.

nicolap13
4/7/16

I am surprised Snapfish thought its customers would appreciate a new website that loses all record of their current and past projects. And without any warning? This seems completely irresponsible and I would like to know what they are going to do to correct the situation.

st12620
4/6/16

I lost albums, projects, and many photos during the migration. My children's lives were documented and saved on Snapfish. I'm told, "Sorry about that. Here's a coupon." Then I'm told, "Don't worry! Our engineers are fixing it!"

I'm so sad. I used this site as back-up storage. I thought that was the whole point of their site. These photos were all I had. Photos of my babies, birthdays, holidays, friends and family that have passed away. I will never stop crying over this. They have completely failed in their mission.

I hate snapfish after my Christmas card debacle so I can't help...I'm thinking SHUTTERFLY?

By Jennifer C.

I think I will try shutterfuly I used it short while before snapfish and loved it now I am sure they might have a different layout & process ..seems these companies make things more complicated rather than simpler..

By RosieOgrady r.

I have made a book using the Harvey Norman Photo site - I like the editing choices (not as many options as Snapfish). I sent it off for printing a week ago and was fully aware that it would take 7-10 days. So I am on the edge of my seat waiting for it to be delivered to the local store. Perhaps not as good specials as Snapfish - but then I did get 30% discount.

By Vickie P.

I sat for hours at my computer and also created my first photo book for my sons 30th birthday, I done this with my sister, once done we saved the book then went back in to make sure it was saved!!! I went in to day to add more photos and to my amazement my project was gone! I went on the live chat and spoke to someone called Ram,I was told I have never had a project, I told them it was on the old classic , they checked and told me there was never a project! Who ever set the new style have really messed up and I need answers!!! This is not acceptable!!!!!!!

By Anne G.

Since H-P sold Snapfish to another company, Snapfish service and product line have deteriorated to where no one is happy or satisfied. Re. customer service, it is NOTHING like the old Snapfish was. Almost impossible to reach them, their answers are vague, non-committal, it's like you're talking to a machine. After using them for several books, I have switched to Mixbook.

By Richard C.

Questions? Get answers from the Snapfish staff and other customers.

Snapfish?