Shopee

Shopee has a consumer rating of 1.87 stars from 103 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Shopee most frequently mention customer service, online shopping and many times problems. Shopee ranks 228th among Marketplace sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 6.3%

No positive highlights yet

• So disgusting customer service rep of Shopee... imagine i'm here waiting for nothing?
How would you rate Shopee?

“Promos and more promos”

Quedom C.
8/4/20

I have been buying things from shopee for couple of years now. What I like about them is that you can really save a lot of money, especially during special days.

“Indifferent Sizes”

Dee D.
11/28/20

Obviously I received a product with indifferent sizes. Unfortunately, I requested for a refund but asked to return the product through self return which will cause you so much trouble as you will handle the shipping fee first and it's too much hassle. Been purchasing a lot of stuff from Shopee but this has to stopped! Very unsatisfied customer here.

customer service (23)
deed262
November 28th, 2020
ma302
September 2nd, 2020
It is a waste of time and money talking to their unreliable customer service representative. Their number is not toll free and they do not have call agents who can speak Cebuano.
Sellers are dishonest. I recieved incomplete items multiple times. For someone who is new to online shopping, I find their refund/return procedures long and confusing.
Shipped items are not handled properly by their couriers. Sellers even blamed couriers for missing items.
Do not buy items from shopee if you value your money.

Tip for consumers: If you value your money, do not buy from items from Shopee.

chimhama
July 21st, 2020
I have a total of 6 parcels with them, parcel 1 was delivered after almost month while the remaining parcels are still with them. They partner with another unreliable courier called "ENTREGO". But Shopee's customer service is the poorest of the poor. They always keep on telling you the ff phrases: 24-48 hrs to investigate, escalate, coordinate with the assigned team but they've done nothing but promises up until now. If there's lower than 1, that's what they deserve.
janed718
October 1st, 2020
I have paid through banking online, payment wa successful but then there is an issue on thier part and Dragonpay.
Payment was done right away, but all my orders has been cancelled. Have called their customer service for 6 consecutive days and counting up to this time and they dont know how to handle the issue and cannot resolve the problem.
Shopee and Dragonpay are keeping on pointing to each other on who to blame. No one have done anything to resolve it.
moonl14
June 4th, 2020
Refund money is not processed since May 18,2020

15 Follow-ups are made (both email&chat) but they keep answering the same scripted response)

"Thank you for staying online, upon checking since you already request for returned/refund please be informed that all return activities are paused and will resume once the enhanced community quarantine is lifted. Due to a technical issue, the return dates displayed on your Shopee app may not reflect this change, but rest assured that you will be notified once return activities resume po."

Today is the 15th times of my follow up.

Had no other choice but to keep following up until I get my refund.

Tip for consumers: ALWAYS GO FOR THE CASH ON DELIVER for payment setting. Never pay before you get the product or else, you will end up just like me who is still waiting for my refund money to process since May 18, 2020.

mohamedz30
June 9th, 2020
I had a very bad experience with shopee teams, imagine that u do a shopping and select ur needed items and place an order then u end up with receiving an items that doesnt match your selection in term of either the brand or the specifications! I dont know what is going on with the shopee teams but it is very obvious that the dont care about their customers or their reputation and for sure this is kind of fraud
Totally not recommended unless u want to spend ur money in something that other selections!
adelled1
October 31st, 2020
I placed a cash on delivery order and their rider did not give me the correct change. The man literally drove away like a bat out of hell and didn't stop even as I screamed that he shortchanged me. I reached out to Shopee through all channels I can find and all they do is give me a runaround and ask for things impossible for me to provide as "proof" of the theft. They are asking for an invoice signed by the rider where he indicates he shortchanged me. Common sense, would a thief leave proof of his crime? Disgusting service.
jasminej79
June 11th, 2020
I have make complaint about my defect items that I received which is in bad condition to Shopee dispute agent.The seller proposed to credited back to me RM20 for the item that I purchased for RM55. The dispute agent finally replied after few days and given me the final outcome whereby they stand firm mentioned that their item isn't defect but I've included pictures as proof to them basically from the pictures itself can be seen clearly is a defective items. I am truly not satisfied with the dispute agent judgement. I then contacted the live chat them but it turns out the result is the same. There's no one able to help for my issue. This isn't the first time experience actually.
florriel
June 5th, 2020
Do not buy any electronic products in this company name call {dynamic plus} in shopee, I just bought a Panasonic microwave oven from them and then give me the damaged items i message the seller for refund but seller is also not irresponsible and said is the ninja van damage my microwave.
Seller like to shirk responsibility i would not buying any electronic with this kind of seller any more very scary in my experience.
maryr920
January 7th, 2020
I ordered in shopee last December and paid it already because in my address COD is not available. I waited for my orders and I never receive any notice from the courier. It has been 3 weeks before my shopee guarantee expired. So I decided to get a refund. The seller disputed it. And shopee canceled my refund. Wtf shopee, it's not my fault. It's your website's fault and courier. I will never purchased anymore from you! Your $#*! company.
nots29
September 12th, 2020
It seems they are just playing with your concerns. With several attempt to follow up but still no action on the refund request.
raniagu
November 3rd, 2020
Good company gets parcels done and delivered within 3 days regardless of anything. But they're delivering more than 5 days when that should be the maximum waiting time. No tolerance

Tip for consumers: don't

viliusb2
July 13th, 2020
I saw commercial of Shopee and try to buy some stuff that I really need and fast. But... it's not works like that! Don't buy there, stay out the problems of this one "kind of shop". Nothing works right, spend a lot of time with support. And nothing happens.
There is an option pay by cash in CDM I used it. And then they said you send us to much money so we cancel your order! How could it be? I sad leave it in account I will buy something next time. They said no! It takes weeks to get this info. After all, support almost don't speak English and can hang out a phone what ever it wants. If you want text them by email you get answer in weeks and it's automatic message. When I ask to give my money back they find 1000 ways to do not do that. Now is more then 3 months and I don't get refund yet. Because they can't refund if you are not some bank client as they need that you be. It is very bad shop with very bad support and corrupted system...
susank990
June 15th, 2020
They take your money and then your order gets stuck in China. Requests for refunds are ignored. Will never use them again. Never.
lhaic
June 5th, 2020
Courier of shopee will give 3x and wil lcontact you 3x before they tag the item as failed. Return system to failed delivery is relatively fast. Courier are friendly and delivers the item that you order. Shopee is cheaper maybe because they only charge 1.5 percent to seller unlike lazada who has lots of hidden charges that can go up as high as 5 percent. App is easy to use even if you are a seller and they has an option button for the colors that you like. So you rarely need customer service to assist you
melaniem371
September 13th, 2020
Worst customer service. Rude, apathetic, will push for their "guideline" "process" or "policy" with no attempt to resolve or help the customers with their problem. Encountered 2 sellers who are scammers apparently but continues their business with Shopee.
walterr247
July 9th, 2020
This is a dreadful company, not responding to justified complaints. In my case a cheating seller who sent an inferior procuct blocked my return request. Shopee sided with him by doing nothing. Do not use their services!
michaelb3511
February 11th, 2020
I am rating from 1-10 (1 - low rating, 10 - high rating)

People at Shopee - Very bad customer service from email, chat and dispute support team. Very incompetent staff. They need trainings.

Process - Very long process of 3-5 days to resolve a very simple case. Unclear contradicting process of return/ refund orders. This gives me the feeling that their process is anti-customer and more on protective bogus/ scam sellers.

Technology - They have technology like an app, email, etc but seems they are not trained to use this resources.

Communication - Very poor/ lack of communication within the team members Chat, Email and Dispute Team.

SHOPEE needs to level up their standards of accepting sellers. There's a lot of bogus seller who do deliver incomplete items. It can be considered as mistake if only happen once but it happens to 2, 3, 4 customers. Shopee is not doing anything to investigate. And after the refund they will convert your refunded money as a Shopee pay? Can u imagine that policy? Please note that Shopee employee informed me on this policy. There is no $#*!ing way I will use this app.

P.S. Please next time put an option where we can put zero or negative stars.
danicat5
September 4th, 2020
No email back, poor cux service, poor chatbot, same scripts. I'm tired waiting for my refund
If u cancel ur order, you have to do SS and chat the seller and call their customer service, as i do the follow up. They said that i have to call my BANK? I've been to doing this for almost 3months
ainar1
May 14th, 2020
Please seller should be responsible. My order didn't not send at the time they promised to me. Please. If I make cancelled request they will not accept it..
cr225
August 2nd, 2020
Limited products compared to the other online shopping website. And sometimes product description minimal. SUPPOSEDLY ZERO SHIPPING CHARGES not true but charge of 50 pesos upon executing the buy. And for the return acceptance location not so accessible and limited.
fartb1
December 12th, 2019
If you try to order something, there is no way to pay and no information. I received a text message that my order was at my house and I was not home nor did I know that the order even went through! The delivery person called me the next day and said he was at my house. Again, I was not home and was not informed when the order would arrive. He hung up on me and I guess he sent it back. No information, misinformation and just one TERRIBLE company!
kyles699
May 5th, 2020
They are not scared with the law and DTI, hopefully they will recieve their karma ayaw nila i refund ung cancelled order ko
frankm1155
December 1st, 2020
I bought some items with shopee and when you have good luck, you will get what you ordered. But last time i received a dvd player, which didn't work like announced. But even although i claimed immediately with shopee and sent the videos for evidence - there is no "shopee guarantee" or even customer help at all!. They sent several times the same automated mails, said that they didnt receive any proof, what is ofcourse a lie and referred to discuss with the seller! They don't care at all about the buyer in contrast e.g. to Lazada or Amazon. I guess the few positive reviews are transmitted by themselves. Shopee only wants to use the opportunity to make money without any seriousity.
maminij
August 7th, 2020
Products from shopee are of average but useful, serve they purpose. I also don't understand why they accept sellers that sell knock off beauty products. You know those K products in sampler size with the cheapest price, too good to be true! But this is not what mostly disappointment me. It was the after sales. After I placed my order and waited for days, it never arrived even after its ETA. It turned out to be cancelled by the "Shopee Courier" also owned by Shopee. It was auto-cancelled by the courier without informing us and letting me wait in vain. The sad and frustrated part was when the customer service rep told me that it was COD and nothing was got from me. Is that what you called customer service? The agent was also sarcastic. The seller had also no idea that my order was cancelled by the shopee courier.

Yes I bought to many kitchen appliances here and all wirking.