Shopee

Shopee has a consumer rating of 1.71 stars from 145 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Shopee most frequently mention customer service and next day problems. Shopee ranks 294th among Marketplace sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 4.1%

No positive highlights yet

• Sad to say that there customer service are trianed to side the seller.
How would you rate Shopee?

“Promos and more promos”

Quedom C.
8/4/20

I have been buying things from shopee for couple of years now. What I like about them is that you can really save a lot of money, especially during special days.

“Shopee's Sellers, customer service representatives,, and couriers are not reliable.”

M A.
9/2/20

It is a waste of time and money talking to their unreliable customer service representative. Their number is not toll free and they do not have call agents who can speak Cebuano. Sellers are dishonest. I recieved incomplete items multiple times. For someone who is new to online shopping, I find their refund/return procedures long and confusing. Shipped items are not handled properly by their couriers. Sellers even blamed couriers for missing items. Do not buy items from shopee if you value your money.

customer service (31)
ma302
September 2nd, 2020

Do not buy items from shopee if you value your money.

Tip for consumers:
If you value your money, do not buy from items from Shopee.

chimhama
July 21st, 2020

I have a total of 6 parcels with them, parcel 1 was delivered after almost month while the remaining parcels are still with them. They partner with another unreliable courier called "ENTREGO". But Shopee's customer service is the poorest of the poor. They always keep on telling you the ff phrases: 24-48 hrs to investigate, escalate, coordinate with the assigned team but they've done nothing but promises up until now. If there's lower than 1, that's what they deserve.

janed718
October 1st, 2020

I have paid through banking online, payment wa successful but then there is an issue on thier part and Dragonpay.
Payment was done right away, but all my orders has been cancelled. Have called their customer service for 6 consecutive days and counting up to this time and they dont know how to handle the issue and cannot resolve the problem.
Shopee and Dragonpay are keeping on pointing to each other on who to blame. No one have done anything to resolve it.

nj102
June 23rd, 2021

I bought a bicycle from galaxy_officalshop when I received the bicycle, it was faulty and the shop didn't want to deal with me. In their website it said that 15 days return/refund. It is not true. They take all the excuse to avoid to refund the product. Do not buy from this shop and do not use shoppee to buy any products. They are not professional and do not care the customer. You will end up faulty products in your house to be ready to put in the bin.

Do not use at all.

Products used:
The product is faulty and end up useless in the bin.

niras2
August 30th, 2021

3 bad experiences from shopee whenever i buy over P1000 worth of an item. Item defective and shopee just wants me to talk to the seller so all i do is just talk to the seller back and forth with nothing happening which is frustrating for busy people. Lazada values their customer's time more. They are more trustworthy to buy more than P1000. Shopee is just for cheap items that you can't bother asking for returns/refunds

elisaw36
June 19th, 2021

Lousy service at this shop called Chuan Cheng Jewellery, operating on Shopee Singapore as niceone.sg

They sell sub standard items and treat customers differently on their live channel sessions!

The 18karat gold that they sell is not even real!

Bought $300 jade pieces in 18karat gold which were just gold plated silver as assessed in Singapore goldsmith shop. Even the hallmark on the piece is fake!

小心传承珠宝扣的货,货主因为被清清主播砍价,就会借口多多把货拿回,说货不见,被抛坏,不见,被偷走!在传承珠宝买便宜货就要小心,尤其8829 漏漏哥!奸商的传承珠宝和无耻的清清主播!小心点扣的便宜货是短暂的高兴

rudolfz2
July 13th, 2021

Shopee has to refund me 4 items and the customer care service has no insights of the accounting... With Screenshots I have proved 100% that Shopee didn't refund me my money. The customer care wrote me that they have done the refund of one item, the other items they ignored. Again, no prove or evidence from the Customer Care. The problem is that the Customer care cannot check the accounting! I have no chance to get my money back.

Tip for consumers:
The wallet refund is not working. never pay in advance!

microwave

cc667
May 23rd, 2021

Small ticket items tend to work reliably, but out of about a half dozen large ticket purchases, exactly one went well. One attempt I made to return an item failed miserably. Customer service chat hangs up repeatedly in the middle of a conversation. Customer phone support rings once and then hangs up and pretends I did not answer the phone. Merchants (especially Mainland China merchants) do not stand by their products. If you are in the Philippines, shop on Lazada. Prices are maybe a bit higher, but everything else is better, and you will have lower blood pressure.

Products used:
Food purchases, for instance, work consistently well. Expensive electronic item that ship from China have consistently bad results.

moonl14
June 4th, 2020

Refund money is not processed since May 18,2020

15 Follow-ups are made (both email&chat) but they keep answering the same scripted response)

"Thank you for staying online, upon checking since you already request for returned/refund please be informed that all return activities are paused and will resume once the enhanced community quarantine is lifted. Due to a technical issue, the return dates displayed on your Shopee app may not reflect this change, but rest assured that you will be notified once return activities resume po."

Today is the 15th times of my follow up.

Had no other choice but to keep following up until I get my refund.

Tip for consumers:
ALWAYS GO FOR THE CASH ON DELIVER for payment setting. Never pay before you get the product or else, you will end up just like me who is still waiting for my refund money to process since May 18, 2020.

Products used:
None, because I never received the product I ordered.

tesse9
April 8th, 2021

They are hoarding customers to choose standard delivery because it seems cheaper without customers' knowledge that the service is worst. They don't have a proper warehouse set up yet. Unlike other delivery services like J&T Express, they have warehouse almost in every town. Can you Imagine where your parcels being stock for more than 4 weeks now? They couldn't attain to follow their own turn around delivery time. They should have set up proper warehouse and deliver personnel assigned in designated areas. The delivery men told me that most of them only deliver parcels near the warehouse. My location is within 6 km from their warehouse and they fail to deliver such parcels. They are not organize and incompetent with their services.

mariaa1578
June 21st, 2021

Very disappointed! No one available to answer your calls, emails or messenger. I advice not to buy from this website. Not allowed for a return or refund.

Tip for consumers:
Better to order at your own risks.

Hand sanitizer

alyanas1
November 25th, 2020

If you check your phone, there's folder titled "shopeePH" which contains an "images" folder. Sometimes, that folder has contents that are not shared to shopee and are more personal.
Also if you try to invite friends in shopee shake, it lists the names depending on your contacts name and even lists friends that you never interacted with within the app.

mohamedz30
June 9th, 2020

I had a very bad experience with shopee teams, imagine that u do a shopping and select ur needed items and place an order then u end up with receiving an items that doesnt match your selection in term of either the brand or the specifications! I dont know what is going on with the shopee teams but it is very obvious that the dont care about their customers or their reputation and for sure this is kind of fraud
Totally not recommended unless u want to spend ur money in something that other selections!

adelled1
October 31st, 2020

I placed a cash on delivery order and their rider did not give me the correct change. The man literally drove away like a bat out of hell and didn't stop even as I screamed that he shortchanged me. I reached out to Shopee through all channels I can find and all they do is give me a runaround and ask for things impossible for me to provide as "proof" of the theft. They are asking for an invoice signed by the rider where he indicates he shortchanged me. Common sense, would a thief leave proof of his crime? Disgusting service.

rjv5
August 6th, 2021

False advertising on their promotion. Shopee express is not competitive as well and shopee representatives can't do anything on my concerns. I have attached the promotion I am referring to. Purchasing here since the pandemic. And now, they will not give me the 15% discount for my birthday voucher.

Promotion

rizap1
July 11th, 2021

My sales of 6000php last July 1st still wasn't released to my wallet and no one could assist on that.

Tip for consumers:
This is for the sellers out there. If you are selling a high cost item, better yet sell it to other platform. I’m afraid they wouldn’t give a damn with your sales and won’t release it to you.

royp111
March 1st, 2020

Some, not all sellers from shopee are not transparent. They brand their items as authentic when it is not. When pressed for info most will not tell you outright if it is.
Clone or original or second hand. Shopee tolerates scammers and dubious sellers. They dont have a firm grip on sellers selling via their platform. Even if an item is legit delivery takes an eternity to be received. Shopee is a very poor online selling platform. I got stood up by an overseas seller and had to cancel. Shopee does not even sanction erring sellers. They are atill there hoping to scam some more gullible buyers.

jasminej79
June 11th, 2020

I have make complaint about my defect items that I received which is in bad condition to Shopee dispute agent.The seller proposed to credited back to me RM20 for the item that I purchased for RM55. The dispute agent finally replied after few days and given me the final outcome whereby they stand firm mentioned that their item isn't defect but I've included pictures as proof to them basically from the pictures itself can be seen clearly is a defective items. I am truly not satisfied with the dispute agent judgement. I then contacted the live chat them but it turns out the result is the same. There's no one able to help for my issue. This isn't the first time experience actually.

eduardol64
May 14th, 2020

Beware of some Shopee Ph sellers, they are fly-by-night, they will receive your payment through Shopee pay, then they will just indicate in the Shopee System that the ordered items were delivered but actually were not. What makes it more disappointing is that Shopee Ph will not reimburse your money paid through their Shopee Pay just because it was already indicated in their system by the unscrupulous seller as delivered even without any proof of delivery. Very weak Shopee support to their Buyers. For your money security, better avail of the COD.

juann79
December 29th, 2020
Verified purchase

My parcel was supposed to be delivered on the 21st of December. They attempted to deliver my parcel on the 27th, 28th and today, 29th. Yes, three attempts and none are successful. The reason is always "Insufficient Time". Their customer service is not reliable, either they lie to you or they straight up don't know their own policy and are always not sure of the information they're providing. And now I have to wait for my return/refund request to be granted. I'm seeking assistance from DTI as of now.

Update: I don't know what DTI did, but Shopee gave me a call lasy night, the 29th, then they delivered my parcel the today, the 30th. If you have a dispute, don't hesitate and go straight to DTI. Just provide them your detailed experience. Timeline, together with screenshots.

Tip for consumers:
Never use Shopee if you're looking to buy expensive stuff. Always utilize COD since they prioritize them over Non-COD parcels.

Products used:
Received the correct order after waiting for weeks.

paulk1484
July 13th, 2021

Ordered item. Cost $49.90 never received... Wrote to Jiji, the seller. Jiji said they sent and delivered. Shopee said they checked and also said delivered, but there was no photo, no receipt,. Nothing. My $50 gone for nothing... they think my $50 drop from the sky. Don't trust Shopee. It's a scam. There is always Lazada or ezbuy. Cheaper and more responsible for your purchased items

Tip for consumers:
Shop at your risk .. Shopee is not reliable and not trust worthy... Go to Lazada or ezbuy instead ... Better value and they take better responsibility for you purchased items

Mahjong set

florriel
June 5th, 2020

Do not buy any electronic products in this company name call {dynamic plus} in shopee, I just bought a Panasonic microwave oven from them and then give me the damaged items i message the seller for refund but seller is also not irresponsible and said is the ninja van damage my microwave.
Seller like to shirk responsibility i would not buying any electronic with this kind of seller any more very scary in my experience.

eony
January 18th, 2021

I just noticed that some unknown sellers, THAT I NEVER KNOW OR DID ANY TRANSACTIONS WITH, followed me and there's no option to remove them from my profile.
I chatted with support, waited, and wasted my time for more than an hour only to be told that they don't have option to remove followers.
They explained that sellers automatically follow users to promote their trash, gain traction, and push their products. AND US BUYERS DON"T HAVE ANY SETTING TO OPT OUT.
Purely sh! T service. 0/5

maryr920
January 7th, 2020

I ordered in shopee last December and paid it already because in my address COD is not available. I waited for my orders and I never receive any notice from the courier. It has been 3 weeks before my shopee guarantee expired. So I decided to get a refund. The seller disputed it. And shopee canceled my refund. Wtf shopee, it's not my fault. It's your website's fault and courier. I will never purchased anymore from you! Your $#*! company.

notahappyc2
January 21st, 2021

I've had experienced a horrible service tonight. Not just with 1 agent but 3! Wow! I've only asked why my transactions did not go through, twice, and why the voucher did not work. These agents disconnected the chat session right after they tell you to stay on the app. Very rude! Also, with about 5 agents I chatted, no one told me that it has expired. They asked me to take screenshots and asked me to stay on the line for 2-3mins and all and no one told me that. I had to check it myself. Mind you, I remembered the voucher will expire this January 26 and they changed it to January 21 at 8:03PM. Horrible!

Products used:
No. No compensation for the sudden change of expiration date of the voucher which is very unfair.

Yes I bought to many kitchen appliances here and all wirking.