Shopee

Shopee has a consumer rating of 1.74 stars from 128 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Shopee most frequently mention customer service, next day and refund request problems. Shopee ranks 248th among Marketplace sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 5.2%

No positive highlights yet

• Sad to say that there customer service are trianed to side the seller.
How would you rate Shopee?

“Promos and more promos”

Quedom C.
8/4/20

I have been buying things from shopee for couple of years now. What I like about them is that you can really save a lot of money, especially during special days.

“Shopee's Sellers, customer service representatives,, and couriers are not reliable.”

M A.
9/2/20

It is a waste of time and money talking to their unreliable customer service representative. Their number is not toll free and they do not have call agents who can speak Cebuano. Sellers are dishonest. I recieved incomplete items multiple times. For someone who is new to online shopping, I find their refund/return procedures long and confusing. Shipped items are not handled properly by their couriers. Sellers even blamed couriers for missing items. Do not buy items from shopee if you value your money.

customer service (23)
ma302
September 2nd, 2020

Do not buy items from shopee if you value your money.

Tip for consumers:
If you value your money, do not buy from items from Shopee.

chimhama
July 21st, 2020

I have a total of 6 parcels with them, parcel 1 was delivered after almost month while the remaining parcels are still with them. They partner with another unreliable courier called "ENTREGO". But Shopee's customer service is the poorest of the poor. They always keep on telling you the ff phrases: 24-48 hrs to investigate, escalate, coordinate with the assigned team but they've done nothing but promises up until now. If there's lower than 1, that's what they deserve.

janed718
October 1st, 2020

I have paid through banking online, payment wa successful but then there is an issue on thier part and Dragonpay.
Payment was done right away, but all my orders has been cancelled. Have called their customer service for 6 consecutive days and counting up to this time and they dont know how to handle the issue and cannot resolve the problem.
Shopee and Dragonpay are keeping on pointing to each other on who to blame. No one have done anything to resolve it.

alyanas1
November 25th, 2020

If you check your phone, there's folder titled "shopeePH" which contains an "images" folder. Sometimes, that folder has contents that are not shared to shopee and are more personal.
Also if you try to invite friends in shopee shake, it lists the names depending on your contacts name and even lists friends that you never interacted with within the app.

cc667
May 23rd, 2021

Small ticket items tend to work reliably, but out of about a half dozen large ticket purchases, exactly one went well. One attempt I made to return an item failed miserably. Customer service chat hangs up repeatedly in the middle of a conversation. Customer phone support rings once and then hangs up and pretends I did not answer the phone. Merchants (especially Mainland China merchants) do not stand by their products. If you are in the Philippines, shop on Lazada. Prices are maybe a bit higher, but everything else is better, and you will have lower blood pressure.

Products used:
Food purchases, for instance, work consistently well. Expensive electronic item that ship from China have consistently bad results.

cr225
August 2nd, 2020

Limited products compared to the other online shopping website. And sometimes product description minimal. SUPPOSEDLY ZERO SHIPPING CHARGES not true but charge of 50 pesos upon executing the buy. And for the return acceptance location not so accessible and limited.

moonl14
June 4th, 2020

Refund money is not processed since May 18,2020

15 Follow-ups are made (both email&chat) but they keep answering the same scripted response)

"Thank you for staying online, upon checking since you already request for returned/refund please be informed that all return activities are paused and will resume once the enhanced community quarantine is lifted. Due to a technical issue, the return dates displayed on your Shopee app may not reflect this change, but rest assured that you will be notified once return activities resume po."

Today is the 15th times of my follow up.

Had no other choice but to keep following up until I get my refund.

Tip for consumers:
ALWAYS GO FOR THE CASH ON DELIVER for payment setting. Never pay before you get the product or else, you will end up just like me who is still waiting for my refund money to process since May 18, 2020.

Products used:
None, because I never received the product I ordered.

tesse9
April 8th, 2021

They are hoarding customers to choose standard delivery because it seems cheaper without customers' knowledge that the service is worst. They don't have a proper warehouse set up yet. Unlike other delivery services like J&T Express, they have warehouse almost in every town. Can you Imagine where your parcels being stock for more than 4 weeks now? They couldn't attain to follow their own turn around delivery time. They should have set up proper warehouse and deliver personnel assigned in designated areas. The delivery men told me that most of them only deliver parcels near the warehouse. My location is within 6 km from their warehouse and they fail to deliver such parcels. They are not organize and incompetent with their services.

mohamedz30
June 9th, 2020

I had a very bad experience with shopee teams, imagine that u do a shopping and select ur needed items and place an order then u end up with receiving an items that doesnt match your selection in term of either the brand or the specifications! I dont know what is going on with the shopee teams but it is very obvious that the dont care about their customers or their reputation and for sure this is kind of fraud
Totally not recommended unless u want to spend ur money in something that other selections!

adelled1
October 31st, 2020

I placed a cash on delivery order and their rider did not give me the correct change. The man literally drove away like a bat out of hell and didn't stop even as I screamed that he shortchanged me. I reached out to Shopee through all channels I can find and all they do is give me a runaround and ask for things impossible for me to provide as "proof" of the theft. They are asking for an invoice signed by the rider where he indicates he shortchanged me. Common sense, would a thief leave proof of his crime? Disgusting service.

quenelync
August 4th, 2020

jasminej79
June 11th, 2020

I have make complaint about my defect items that I received which is in bad condition to Shopee dispute agent.The seller proposed to credited back to me RM20 for the item that I purchased for RM55. The dispute agent finally replied after few days and given me the final outcome whereby they stand firm mentioned that their item isn't defect but I've included pictures as proof to them basically from the pictures itself can be seen clearly is a defective items. I am truly not satisfied with the dispute agent judgement. I then contacted the live chat them but it turns out the result is the same. There's no one able to help for my issue. This isn't the first time experience actually.

juann79
December 29th, 2020
Verified purchase

My parcel was supposed to be delivered on the 21st of December. They attempted to deliver my parcel on the 27th, 28th and today, 29th. Yes, three attempts and none are successful. The reason is always "Insufficient Time". Their customer service is not reliable, either they lie to you or they straight up don't know their own policy and are always not sure of the information they're providing. And now I have to wait for my return/refund request to be granted. I'm seeking assistance from DTI as of now.

Update: I don't know what DTI did, but Shopee gave me a call lasy night, the 29th, then they delivered my parcel the today, the 30th. If you have a dispute, don't hesitate and go straight to DTI. Just provide them your detailed experience. Timeline, together with screenshots.

Tip for consumers:
Never use Shopee if you're looking to buy expensive stuff. Always utilize COD since they prioritize them over Non-COD parcels.

Products used:
Received the correct order after waiting for weeks.

florriel
June 5th, 2020

Do not buy any electronic products in this company name call {dynamic plus} in shopee, I just bought a Panasonic microwave oven from them and then give me the damaged items i message the seller for refund but seller is also not irresponsible and said is the ninja van damage my microwave.
Seller like to shirk responsibility i would not buying any electronic with this kind of seller any more very scary in my experience.

eony
January 18th, 2021

I just noticed that some unknown sellers, THAT I NEVER KNOW OR DID ANY TRANSACTIONS WITH, followed me and there's no option to remove them from my profile.
I chatted with support, waited, and wasted my time for more than an hour only to be told that they don't have option to remove followers.
They explained that sellers automatically follow users to promote their trash, gain traction, and push their products. AND US BUYERS DON"T HAVE ANY SETTING TO OPT OUT.
Purely sh! T service. 0/5

maryr920
January 7th, 2020

I ordered in shopee last December and paid it already because in my address COD is not available. I waited for my orders and I never receive any notice from the courier. It has been 3 weeks before my shopee guarantee expired. So I decided to get a refund. The seller disputed it. And shopee canceled my refund. Wtf shopee, it's not my fault. It's your website's fault and courier. I will never purchased anymore from you! Your $#*! company.

notahappyc2
January 21st, 2021

I've had experienced a horrible service tonight. Not just with 1 agent but 3! Wow! I've only asked why my transactions did not go through, twice, and why the voucher did not work. These agents disconnected the chat session right after they tell you to stay on the app. Very rude! Also, with about 5 agents I chatted, no one told me that it has expired. They asked me to take screenshots and asked me to stay on the line for 2-3mins and all and no one told me that. I had to check it myself. Mind you, I remembered the voucher will expire this January 26 and they changed it to January 21 at 8:03PM. Horrible!

Products used:
No. No compensation for the sudden change of expiration date of the voucher which is very unfair.

nots29
September 12th, 2020

It seems they are just playing with your concerns. With several attempt to follow up but still no action on the refund request.

maminij
August 7th, 2020

Products from shopee are of average but useful, serve they purpose. I also don't understand why they accept sellers that sell knock off beauty products. You know those K products in sampler size with the cheapest price, too good to be true! But this is not what mostly disappointment me. It was the after sales. After I placed my order and waited for days, it never arrived even after its ETA. It turned out to be cancelled by the "Shopee Courier" also owned by Shopee. It was auto-cancelled by the courier without informing us and letting me wait in vain. The sad and frustrated part was when the customer service rep told me that it was COD and nothing was got from me. Is that what you called customer service? The agent was also sarcastic. The seller had also no idea that my order was cancelled by the shopee courier.

joveleinec
August 11th, 2020

I love this online shopping app it help me so much. I have multiple sclerosis I can't walk but because of shopee I can purchase the things I need and things I want without going out or going to the mall. Plus there's so many discounts and promos.

raniagu
November 3rd, 2020

Good company gets parcels done and delivered within 3 days regardless of anything. But they're delivering more than 5 days when that should be the maximum waiting time. No tolerance

don't

viliusb2
July 13th, 2020

I saw commercial of Shopee and try to buy some stuff that I really need and fast. But... it's not works like that! Don't buy there, stay out the problems of this one "kind of shop". Nothing works right, spend a lot of time with support. And nothing happens.
There is an option pay by cash in CDM I used it. And then they said you send us to much money so we cancel your order! How could it be? I sad leave it in account I will buy something next time. They said no! It takes weeks to get this info. After all, support almost don't speak English and can hang out a phone what ever it wants. If you want text them by email you get answer in weeks and it's automatic message. When I ask to give my money back they find 1000 ways to do not do that. Now is more then 3 months and I don't get refund yet. Because they can't refund if you are not some bank client as they need that you be. It is very bad shop with very bad support and corrupted system...

susank990
June 15th, 2020

They take your money and then your order gets stuck in China. Requests for refunds are ignored. Will never use them again. Never.

melaniem371
September 13th, 2020

Worst customer service. Rude, apathetic, will push for their "guideline" "process" or "policy" with no attempt to resolve or help the customers with their problem. Encountered 2 sellers who are scammers apparently but continues their business with Shopee.

ec311
December 22nd, 2020

If you take the time to post a review, Shopee should take the time to post a legitimate reply, not a cookie cutter for all.
Pitiful attempt! And their online chat agents will drop your chat and the phone number is useless as well! Go Lazada!
Developer response:
We apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused you, and we appreciate your understanding as we continue to improve our customer experience. If you need more assistance, kindly chat with us at our Shopee app Monday to Sunday from 6:00 AM to 12:00 MN or call our Hotline, (02) 8 880-5200 Monday to Sunday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.

Yes I bought to many kitchen appliances here and all wirking.