Shift.online

Shift.online has a consumer rating of 1.46 stars from 74 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Shift.online most frequently mention customer service and card details problems. Shift.online ranks 184th among Moving Service sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 7.1%

No positive highlights yet

• At no point has a refund, discount or apology been offered after this appalling customer service.
How would you rate Shift.online?

“Excellent service”

Lauren G.
3/10/21

First time using Shift, and honestly just gutted we haven't used it sooner! Excellent service - easy to use and book/pay, good updates on the day of delivery, driver was lovely and the customer service team followed up afterwards to make sure all was ok.

“Appalling, unaccountable, untrustworthy”

Rachael H.
3/21/21

It seems that I have to rate Shift. There is no option to leave no star. I am still waiting for a wardrobe that was supposed to be delivered on 20th December 2020. I can't get in contact with shift to resolve the issue in any capacity; when I have managed to make some sort of contact, I'm told someone will contact. No one does. I've emailed and sent texts and there are no responses. There is no accountability and they are more or less untraceable. I've never experienced anything like it in how appalling a service it is. Avoid at all costs.

customer service (10)
rachaelh96
March 21st, 2021

stephenm1201
August 11th, 2020

A SHIFT driver departing a job at a neighbours house managed to put a 3 inch long dent in my car bonnet with his van door.

My neighbour tells me that the driver would have noticed this happening because he struggled to shut his own door, which was at that stage jammed onto the top of my bonnet.

The neighbour gave me the drivers first name and a contact number. The contact number turns out to be a temporary number translation only valid on the day of the job, so useless now.

No complaint form or contact phone number on SHIFT website (usually a pretty clear sign that they're not interested when things go wrong).

Initially contacted the SHIFT through Facebook but but received no reply. Tried contacting SHIFT CEO on Facebook - nothing, I've also contacted them by email and received no reply in 8 days.

SHIFT don't seem interested in helping me contact the driver, and put the situation right.

SHIFT were however very quick to get my review taken down from some websites, for including the name of their CEO - so that doesn't appear here!

I really wonder how many of these drivers have any kind of insurance that is valid for commercial use.

Are SHIFT even vetting for drivers for that?

Who is liable if your goods are damaged in transit?

The SHIFT Website addresses neither of these questions.

julietteb14
May 14th, 2020

Subscription to shift shopping failed but my card was still charged twice. Contacted customer service that assured me they would refund me and cancel the subscription. Two weeks later, still no refund and charged twice again. At this point I realised there is no way to even log into my account! Had to call my bank to block the transaction and reported them to Action Fraud. There is no real service behind this, just bots that will tell you they're handling it and will refund you, but they won't.

silviue
April 7th, 2020

Worst company ever. Worked almost one year for them. They owe me £180, are almost two months late. When I call them, they are lie: "The transfer was made, wait 72 hours to see the money in your account." Of coarse, no money in my account. The managers are simply cowards, they don't have the courage to speak to me. Simply, patetic thiefs. Don't work for SHIFT, don'tt contract their services, if you don't want to encourage scums.

laureng315
March 10th, 2021

bernadettes119
April 25th, 2021

They didn't turn up. There's no number or email to contact. The driver phoned but it went straight to missed calls, when I tried to ring his number back I got a wrong number message. They sent messages saying the job was done even though it wasn't. My advice is - spend a big more use a different firm.

Tip for consumers:
Avoid

Removal

leticiad7
May 1st, 2018

The lady told me they'd send the driver's contact number... She never did. The driver never turned up. The money was taken out of my account. Had to call my bank and will now have to wait for the transaction to be disputed and refunded... What a brilliant way to add stress to my already stressful move!

steveb1837
April 28th, 2021

Turned up five hours late supposed to get credit only took have the goods 10 items took 2 hours scratched unit to putting upside down and broke my tv been messaged every other day for 3 weeks just get fobbed off

Removal service

margoh32
August 27th, 2020

Terrible experience, order was received incorrectly, no one to contact and no answer from on line query form. When driver turned up to remove a couch he was in a standard car! They still tried to charge my card for full price! Shady and shoddy, steer clear of this company not worth the effort or hassle

davidt1290
May 11th, 2020

Applied as a Shift driver. After no work and sending in availability each week I finally received a pre paid card which is apparently to pay for customer shopping orders. Receive a text week before asking when I am available and so far after 4 weeks I have received nothing. Claim they are desperate for drivers and have loads of work but a waste of time. Why advertise for people then do nothing?

richardp1081
April 18th, 2020

Company should close advertising a food delivery service taking peoples money then failed to deliver 3 times, never even called to see how vulnerable I was, obviously I am ordering food delivery as I am vulnerable and this firm has now left me without food for up to 2 weeks DO NOT USE they may kill you

nicolel514
April 29th, 2020
• Updated review

[3 weeks later still not received my money back] - Oh and the customer service doesn't even respond to my emails - SCAM ALERT -

Booked two men house move. No contact from the company, no timing, no details of the driver... Finally received the name and driver's number on the day of the move, just to be told he is not our driver. Contacted customer service, no answer for 40 minutes. In the mean time, someone else turned up with a van (one man, not two I paid for), at 9am without any notice. We were not ready since nobody notified us and we wasted half of the morning dealing with this company and trying to find out how to reach the driver... Requested multiple times to be contacted over the phone, they didn't of course bother.

Charged me full price despite only one driver turning up (paid for two). Never returned my money back.

UNRELIABLE HORRIBLE COMPANY
April 4th, 2020
• Previous review

UNRELIABLE, AVOID AT ANY COST

berkayk4
August 1st, 2020

I waited for 3 hours for drivers who never showed up. The company help line never responded. But they still charged 50 pounds. It is a fraud, please be carreful

jennifers905
March 13th, 2019

I found this service very helpful to move a mattress from my flat to my parents house. I opted for the lesser service I. E load the van mused which I did at my end however when the van arrived at my parents house the driver did help. He was very polite, professional and arrived at the exact time he said he would. The only problem I had was with the online booking system as it quoted the wrong price but I had a call back and then they quoted a very good price. Happy customer.

Good Afternoon!

Thank you Jennifer for leaving your feedback on the driver who completed the move for you! I am also glad to learn that we were able to sort out the slight error that occurred in the booking process. We are always available to talk to our customers to offer a helping hand:)

alicel213
February 1st, 2021
Verified purchase

I had a booking which indicated the time range of the delivery will be 7am-6pm, which is reasonable as I expected the delivery driver to at least give me a call or text when at or on the way to the property. Instead I received a call from the manager at 8am to say the delivery driver has been there for an hour. I wasn't even able to arrive at the property! The delivery driver just sat in his van and waited for an hour that I paid for before contacting anyone! Once I contacted customer service I was informed this is a realistic approach of any delivery service, and therefore I will not receive a refund. Completely unprofessional, if they cared about their customers the driver would try and reach me to make sure my delivery is complete and represent the company in a proper way. Therefore afterwards I booked a small local business from gumtree who were 10 times more professional.

saraf153
March 2nd, 2020

No one is responsive. I booked and I paid then they once I asked for something they change my booking details. A night before the move the website was down. I emailed them a few times and not heard from them. It looks like it is just automated emails.

markusb49
July 29th, 2020

Worst possible moving service I could think off. I had purchased one man and a van for a one bedroom move where it was agreed in detail the items to be moved and that I due to a bad back could only assist on carrying a few heavy items that required two people. When arriving with the van and the furniture at the flat I was to move into the driver started to panic and complain to me it is not worthwile for him to do this job for £68, that it was too many items and that he I had not helped with carrying. I had agreed with Shift to pay double that so I didn't understand what he was complaining about and furthermore we had moved exactly those items that had been agreed with Shift and I had carried many more items than the few big one I had agreed with Shift. When I told him to call up Shift to sort his worries out he got into a rage started to scream at me in front of new neighbours walking by telling me to shut up, saying he had to be at another job soon. I told him he should not cause a scene and that I did not want to argue just needed his help to carry all the stuff to the elevator on the ground floor and help me up to the flat with a few heavy items, then he could leave. He continued to have a rage and scream, telling me to shut up, and then suddenly he rushed to his van slamming the entrance door to the building with full force with people outside, and then he drove off. I wanted to contact Shift however they do not provide you with a contact number, a neither to the driver on the day, which is not really practical in case you need to align on the day of the move. As I did not have wi-fi yet I decided to drive somewhere I could connect to internet and try to internet chat with the Shift team to discuss how to handle the situation. When I had driven out of the garage around 10 min later, the driver suddenly shows up again, he had turned around and so did I. I just thought to be practical and get on with it, he helped me out, said he had been unprofessional (which I did appreciate), and then left. I have sent the Shift team a message around this and asked them why the driver had thought the payment was only halve and also why the driver had not received the full items list agreed and been informed I was only going to assist with the few heavy items. Two days later I have still not received a response from Shift. All and all an awful customer experience I must say.

samanthap160
November 14th, 2019

Avoid this company. We looked at a quote for a removal nothing else. They have taken money off my account that they are not due. They have lied and said we booked a service and said someone turned up. I can assure you nobody was at my house! Called to discuss and they changed their story and now told us they charged us money for cancelling! Cancelling what?! When we didn't book a service. Liars and thieves. Police are getting phoned today! This company commits fruad and scams!

hayleyc58
July 8th, 2020

Absolute worst customer service. I booked over a month ahead for my removals was under the impression everything was sorted to go ahead. 2 days beforehand I get a phone call to tell me they haven't booked a driver for my job and can't guarantee one. When I ask what I'm supposed to do at 6pm on a Saturday night 2 days before I'm supposed to be moving I basically got a load of humming and hahhing and told they'd still try to book a driver but couldn't guarantee one so it was up to me what I did (I. E. I needed to go elsewhere) when I asked them why I wasn't told that there wasn't a driver available when I first booked the job or at least 2 weeks beforehand the man on the phone couldn't even answer! I went with anyvan and couldn't recommend them more they had my collection and delivery slot guaranteed straight away and confirmed when my driver would be near and everything. However it did cost £150 more than what I had expected to pay with shift due to the last minute booking. When I explained to shift that because of their lack of customer care I had to pay this extra money which as a student is extremely difficult for me to find (I had to borrow from family) I put in a complaint and asked that they recompense me for this. They assured me the complaint would be dealt with. Over a month later after two emails from me asking what was happening I finally get told that they'll give me 10% off my next order with them. It's a joke! They don't care about customers they are time wasters!

Tip for consumers:
Run a mile!! Go with anyvan they cost a bit extra but they give excellent customer service and they'll actually book a driver for you!

lianal12
January 25th, 2020

Booked online, took money straight away for a house move. We called to say we needed a Luton van and was told this was okay. Two old men, very haggard, arrived 40 minutes earlier than scheduled which to some wouldn't be an issue but we didn't have time to clear the food from the fridge, with a small van. Damaged our fence from the old property to which our neighbours complained to our landlord about. They broke our fridge doors when it was easy to fit through the livingroom door had they simply opened the doors in the first place to manoeuvre the fridge round into the kitchen. Our new house is very big. They damaged our door frames doing this too, chunks of wood and paint split.
Trailed mud into the house on brand new carpets and was told, "oh it'll just hoover up". It didn't. It's stained the carpet.
Because they came with a smaller van than we asked for they had to do two trips which the guy said was no problem because we're just down the road so I thought oh well that's good then.
When I emailed support to complain, the driver denied damaging the fridge and fence and I was told I should essentially be grateful that they did two trips and didn't charge me. Yeah. When they sent the wrong bloody van. Also, they left the property after the first trip and naffed off for over an hour to go get themselves some lunch so I was sat at our new property with a 11 month old baby and no furniture to sit down on or his bed to put him in, and my husband sat waiting at the old property wondering where they were whilst they chowed down and didn't bother telling us what was going on until my husband called them.
They're utterly ridiculous. Do not recommend. Don't even use this company. This is the second time we've used them and for this reason will not be again. It's a shame because the first time we had no issues, but this was a different area.
When unloading the van they were just dumping boxes onto the ground from the van. Too old to handle things carefully.

Also they have no manners at all. Even the emails to customer support are rude, insulting and abrupt. Seriously, don't use this company if you actually like your items to be whole.

nikkys5
February 26th, 2021

I had an experience with Shift. Online where I saw Facebook advertisements in May 2020 about having groceries delivered. At the time, I was self isolating and it was impossible to get groceries or to find an online delivery slot with most other places. So I thought I'd give it a go. It became really obvious really quickly that the service they advertised and the service they offered were completely different. I cancelled my booking and requested to have my account removed as well as my personal details.

They confirmed over their chat on their website that it was cancelled, but didn't send a log of the conversation to my email. Something that became clear they never did for any chat through their website chat box when I had to contact them again and again. The booking wasn't cancelled and I was charged. Could have been an error, fine. They said I couldn't get a refund because I'd used their services. Fine. Just delete my account and credit card information. I was charged again and again. No help from their customer service and a complete ignore on my numerous requests to delete my information.

In the end, I had to cancel my credit card to get them to stop charging me. They did in the end, after about two months of battling every other day on their chat, refund me.

All done and done. I reviewed genuinely that this was what happened.

Then they had my review removed from TrustPilot flagging it as ‘not a genuine customer' — TWICE. The point of review sites is to showcase your brand, both good and bad. I was a genuine customer and they flag and delete everything negative that comes to them. Hiding the negative and genuine experiences that people have had with their customer, ultimately silencing the truth around their business model. A review is to help a service provider improve their offering (something they did not do) and to help other potential customers make a more informed idea around using the service provided.

Hiding and deleting negative feedback is absolutely shameful and as much as a scam as this company. Don't trust them. Don't trust their service, don't trust giving your payment information or personal data. And definitely don't trust the reviews you read online. If they delete negative reviews, there's no doubt in my mind that some of their positive reviews are fake as well.

andrewc505
March 13th, 2019

Booked Shift. Online for a small furniture removal job from West Cumbria to Lancaster. This worked very well and was better value than hiring a self drive van. The two man team were polite and efficient, sticking with the agreed timetable and price.

Well done

Andrew C

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on this public platform. Fantastic to know that the driver was able to complete the job successfully for you!
We are always here if you ever need a hand moving any items again.

jamesw3090
March 26th, 2021

This was the worst company I have ever had any dealings with! The movers negotiated with my pregnant wife what they wanted to take instead of sticking to the items requested on the website. They made her move stuff, spoke to her terribly and broke the lift in the new place we had moved to (which incurred a fine). They washed their face in the new kitchen (during COVID). They broke and damaged multiple items (some memory items that they were told to be careful with). I would have rather done it myself! The main reason I got movers was so because I couldn't be there to help and so my pregnant wife didn't need to do anything. I've tried multiple times and submitted emails and reported problems on the website and I haven't heard a thing from the company! AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST! GO LOCAL!

Removals

jozefm4
March 14th, 2019

They perform as advertised. Like an Uber for moving. The whole process was painless and the person who helped me move was helpful. Will definitely use them again as it took me 90 mins to do something that would have taken me at least half a day on my own.

Hello Jozef,

Thank you for the kind words about how your recent move with us went! I am glad that you found the service 5* and thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

We are always here when ever you need any extra help with your moves!

juliag172
March 27th, 2020

I booked a removal for 31. 03. 20, I was told a company would be in touch, a week later nothing, sent messages no one answering my question. I know the country is in a lockdown but just an answer would be nice! No customer service what so ever!

Chancer's trying to make money form the Pandemic without concern of vulnerable peoples lies, 3 deliveries did not turn up, do not use

By Richard P.