Shift.online

Shift.online has a consumer rating of 1.46 stars from 65 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Shift.online most frequently mention customer service and card details problems. Shift.online ranks 166th among Moving Service sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Contacted customer service, no answer for 40 minutes.
How would you rate Shift.online?

“Excellent service - On time and helpful driver”

Jennifer S.
3/13/19

I found this service very helpful to move a mattress from my flat to my parents house. I opted for the lesser service I. E load the van mused which I did at my end however when the van arrived at my parents house the driver did help. He was very polite, professional and arrived at the exact time he said he would. The only problem I had was with the online booking system as it quoted the wrong price but I had a call back and then they quoted a very good price. Happy customer.

“Car Damaged by SHIFT van driver”

Stephen M.
8/11/20

A SHIFT driver departing a job at a neighbours house managed to put a 3 inch long dent in my car bonnet with his van door. My neighbour tells me that the driver would have noticed this happening because he struggled to shut his own door, which was at that stage jammed onto the top of my bonnet. The neighbour gave me the drivers first name and a contact number. The contact number turns out to be a temporary number translation only valid on the day of the job, so useless now. No complaint form or contact phone number on SHIFT website (usually a pretty clear sign that they're not interested when things go wrong). Initially contacted the SHIFT through Facebook but but received no reply. Tried contacting SHIFT CEO on Facebook - nothing, I've also contacted them by email and received no reply in 8 days. SHIFT don't seem interested in helping me contact the driver, and put the situation right. SHIFT were however very quick to get my review taken down from some websites, for including the name of their CEO - so that doesn't appear here! I really wonder how many of these drivers have any kind of insurance that is valid for commercial use. Are SHIFT even vetting for drivers for that? Who is liable if your goods are damaged in transit? The SHIFT Website addresses neither of these questions.

customer service (10)
stephenm1201
August 11th, 2020

Are SHIFT even vetting for drivers for that?

Who is liable if your goods are damaged in transit?

The SHIFT Website addresses neither of these questions.
julietteb14
May 14th, 2020
Subscription to shift shopping failed but my card was still charged twice. Contacted customer service that assured me they would refund me and cancel the subscription. Two weeks later, still no refund and charged twice again. At this point I realised there is no way to even log into my account! Had to call my bank to block the transaction and reported them to Action Fraud. There is no real service behind this, just bots that will tell you they're handling it and will refund you, but they won't.
silviue
April 7th, 2020
Worst company ever. Worked almost one year for them. They owe me £180, are almost two months late. When I call them, they are lie: "The transfer was made, wait 72 hours to see the money in your account." Of coarse, no money in my account. The managers are simply cowards, they don't have the courage to speak to me. Simply, patetic thiefs. Don't work for SHIFT, don'tt contract their services, if you don't want to encourage scums.
margoh32
August 27th, 2020
Terrible experience, order was received incorrectly, no one to contact and no answer from on line query form. When driver turned up to remove a couch he was in a standard car! They still tried to charge my card for full price! Shady and shoddy, steer clear of this company not worth the effort or hassle
davidt1290
May 11th, 2020
Applied as a Shift driver. After no work and sending in availability each week I finally received a pre paid card which is apparently to pay for customer shopping orders. Receive a text week before asking when I am available and so far after 4 weeks I have received nothing. Claim they are desperate for drivers and have loads of work but a waste of time. Why advertise for people then do nothing?
richardp1081
April 18th, 2020
Company should close advertising a food delivery service taking peoples money then failed to deliver 3 times, never even called to see how vulnerable I was, obviously I am ordering food delivery as I am vulnerable and this firm has now left me without food for up to 2 weeks DO NOT USE they may kill you
nicolel514
April 29th, 2020
• Updated review
[3 weeks later still not received my money back] - Oh and the customer service doesn't even respond to my emails - SCAM ALERT -

Booked two men house move. No contact from the company, no timing, no details of the driver... Finally received the name and driver's number on the day of the move, just to be told he is not our driver. Contacted customer service, no answer for 40 minutes. In the mean time, someone else turned up with a van (one man, not two I paid for), at 9am without any notice. We were not ready since nobody notified us and we wasted half of the morning dealing with this company and trying to find out how to reach the driver... Requested multiple times to be contacted over the phone, they didn't of course bother.

Charged me full price despite only one driver turning up (paid for two). Never returned my money back.
UNRELIABLE HORRIBLE COMPANY
April 4th, 2020
• Previous review

UNRELIABLE, AVOID AT ANY COST
berkayk4
August 1st, 2020
I waited for 3 hours for drivers who never showed up. The company help line never responded. But they still charged 50 pounds. It is a fraud, please be carreful
saraf153
March 2nd, 2020
No one is responsive. I booked and I paid then they once I asked for something they change my booking details. A night before the move the website was down. I emailed them a few times and not heard from them. It looks like it is just automated emails.
markusb49
July 29th, 2020
Worst possible moving service I could think off. I had purchased one man and a van for a one bedroom move where it was agreed in detail the items to be moved and that I due to a bad back could only assist on carrying a few heavy items that required two people. When arriving with the van and the furniture at the flat I was to move into the driver started to panic and complain to me it is not worthwile for him to do this job for £68, that it was too many items and that he I had not helped with carrying. I had agreed with Shift to pay double that so I didn't understand what he was complaining about and furthermore we had moved exactly those items that had been agreed with Shift and I had carried many more items than the few big one I had agreed with Shift. When I told him to call up Shift to sort his worries out he got into a rage started to scream at me in front of new neighbours walking by telling me to shut up, saying he had to be at another job soon. I told him he should not cause a scene and that I did not want to argue just needed his help to carry all the stuff to the elevator on the ground floor and help me up to the flat with a few heavy items, then he could leave. He continued to have a rage and scream, telling me to shut up, and then suddenly he rushed to his van slamming the entrance door to the building with full force with people outside, and then he drove off. I wanted to contact Shift however they do not provide you with a contact number, a neither to the driver on the day, which is not really practical in case you need to align on the day of the move. As I did not have wi-fi yet I decided to drive somewhere I could connect to internet and try to internet chat with the Shift team to discuss how to handle the situation. When I had driven out of the garage around 10 min later, the driver suddenly shows up again, he had turned around and so did I. I just thought to be practical and get on with it, he helped me out, said he had been unprofessional (which I did appreciate), and then left. I have sent the Shift team a message around this and asked them why the driver had thought the payment was only halve and also why the driver had not received the full items list agreed and been informed I was only going to assist with the few heavy items. Two days later I have still not received a response from Shift. All and all an awful customer experience I must say.
samanthap160
November 14th, 2019
Avoid this company. We looked at a quote for a removal nothing else. They have taken money off my account that they are not due. They have lied and said we booked a service and said someone turned up. I can assure you nobody was at my house! Called to discuss and they changed their story and now told us they charged us money for cancelling! Cancelling what?! When we didn't book a service. Liars and thieves. Police are getting phoned today! This company commits fruad and scams!
hayleyc58
July 8th, 2020
Absolute worst customer service. I booked over a month ahead for my removals was under the impression everything was sorted to go ahead. 2 days beforehand I get a phone call to tell me they haven't booked a driver for my job and can't guarantee one. When I ask what I'm supposed to do at 6pm on a Saturday night 2 days before I'm supposed to be moving I basically got a load of humming and hahhing and told they'd still try to book a driver but couldn't guarantee one so it was up to me what I did (I. E. I needed to go elsewhere) when I asked them why I wasn't told that there wasn't a driver available when I first booked the job or at least 2 weeks beforehand the man on the phone couldn't even answer! I went with anyvan and couldn't recommend them more they had my collection and delivery slot guaranteed straight away and confirmed when my driver would be near and everything. However it did cost £150 more than what I had expected to pay with shift due to the last minute booking. When I explained to shift that because of their lack of customer care I had to pay this extra money which as a student is extremely difficult for me to find (I had to borrow from family) I put in a complaint and asked that they recompense me for this. They assured me the complaint would be dealt with. Over a month later after two emails from me asking what was happening I finally get told that they'll give me 10% off my next order with them. It's a joke! They don't care about customers they are time wasters!

Tip for consumers:
Run a mile!! Go with anyvan they cost a bit extra but they give excellent customer service and they'll actually book a driver for you!

lianal12
January 25th, 2020
Booked online, took money straight away for a house move. We called to say we needed a Luton van and was told this was okay. Two old men, very haggard, arrived 40 minutes earlier than scheduled which to some wouldn't be an issue but we didn't have time to clear the food from the fridge, with a small van. Damaged our fence from the old property to which our neighbours complained to our landlord about. They broke our fridge doors when it was easy to fit through the livingroom door had they simply opened the doors in the first place to manoeuvre the fridge round into the kitchen. Our new house is very big. They damaged our door frames doing this too, chunks of wood and paint split.
Trailed mud into the house on brand new carpets and was told, "oh it'll just hoover up". It didn't. It's stained the carpet.
Because they came with a smaller van than we asked for they had to do two trips which the guy said was no problem because we're just down the road so I thought oh well that's good then.
When I emailed support to complain, the driver denied damaging the fridge and fence and I was told I should essentially be grateful that they did two trips and didn't charge me. Yeah. When they sent the wrong bloody van. Also, they left the property after the first trip and naffed off for over an hour to go get themselves some lunch so I was sat at our new property with a 11 month old baby and no furniture to sit down on or his bed to put him in, and my husband sat waiting at the old property wondering where they were whilst they chowed down and didn't bother telling us what was going on until my husband called them.
They're utterly ridiculous. Do not recommend. Don't even use this company. This is the second time we've used them and for this reason will not be again. It's a shame because the first time we had no issues, but this was a different area.
When unloading the van they were just dumping boxes onto the ground from the van. Too old to handle things carefully.

Also they have no manners at all. Even the emails to customer support are rude, insulting and abrupt. Seriously, don't use this company if you actually like your items to be whole.
juliag172
March 27th, 2020
I booked a removal for 31. 03. 20, I was told a company would be in touch, a week later nothing, sent messages no one answering my question. I know the country is in a lockdown but just an answer would be nice! No customer service what so ever!
gabbyb11
January 15th, 2020
If it was possible to give less than 1 star, I would.

We booked a job the evening before, on the website it shows you can get a quote and check availability, and then a job would be picked up by someone within minutes. As we had a quote (and had to pay there and then), we assumed that meant there was availability.

We didn't receive the confirmation email that it said we would, so we had to contact to get this later on, issue number 1 (minor on it's own, these things happen, but just the start of the rest of the problems.)

Checked the job before bed and it shows as pending, and no one has picked it up. Little bit concerning, as we've booked a 2 hour slot with where we've picking the furniture up from, but assumed that as we'd been able to get a price and the website stated check quote and availability, that we wouldn't have been made to pay if nothing was available. How naive we were.

This morning, 1.5 hours before the start of the 2 hour window at 9am, still no allocation. Starting to worry, so contact their terrible customer service, who inform us there is no one available for our job. I don't know what they would've done had we not contacted them, as they didn't contact us at all.

We then panic trying to find someone else who is available at such short notice before 9am on a Wednesday morning to collect and drop off the item, as we've been told by Shift that they don't have anyone available. Manage to get someone sorted (super nice, friendly person which is a change from shift.)

Informed shift we've had to have a panic and get someone else in now, as they've advised they had no one, and we would like a refund of what we've paid to shift, only to be told that we would be charged the full amount as it's a cancellation under 24 hours!

Despite the fact they had NO ONE AVAILABLE!

We eventually manage to get them to check with management, who miraculously, 48 minutes before it's supposed to be picked up, find someone to do the job. However, we've already had to pay someone else as Shift told us they had no one. So now we've paid for this removal twice.

As Shift managed to find someone, and we're refusing it (as we've paid someone else), it's apparently now OUR fault as we've decided not to use their driver! We eventually speak to management ourselves and fight for our refund, only to then be told we'll be charged a 35% cancellation fee!

We are still trying to dispute the cancellation fee, the money has been taken from our account.

This company is disgusting, the website clearly lies as it states you search for a price and availability, which isn't the case as there wasn't any availability so why was our job accepted? A 'Shifter' didn't accept our job in minutes like the website states, and it wasn't until we contacted them were we informed that there was no one attending our job.

We've now been charged a cancellation fee for Shift's error of accepting a job when there was no availability, and had we never contacted them, we would have been left assuming someone was going to collect it this morning.

Disgusting company, terrible customer service, wouldn't wish on anyone to have to deal with them.

Why is the money taken before a job is accepted by a shifter? Why not input a request, wait for a 'shifter' to accept it and then finalise payment? As then none of this would have happened today as we wouldn't have spent hours this morning chasing what was happening with the job, chasing refund, and now chasing overturning the 35% cancellation charge.
georgiaa19
Hi Gabby,

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We always encourage feedback, both positive and negative to ensure we continually evolve our service and make improvements where required.

Reviewing your booking, I can see the booking was made on the 14/01/2020, to which a confirmation was sent to you at 8pm at point of bookings. We have also assigned a driver the morning of the booking, to which we have signposted to you prior that we were still awaiting confirmation from one of our drivers that were still available to complete your move. This was then confirmed at around 08:10am with our driver due to arrive between 09:00 and 11:00.

I understanding that moving is stressful and we always try to make the journey as effortless as possible. Reviewing the whole journey, I appreciate that there are elements to your journey that could have been refined and as such we have now refunded the booking in full. We also really appreciate your feedback regarding the website journey. We will certainly review the steps we can take to improve the customer journey whilst still safeguarding our business process, in order to keep this as streamlined as possible.

Kind Regards
The Shift Team
elenai19
March 4th, 2019
Do not waste your time booking with them, they will ruin your moving day.
The driver never showed up and was impossible to contact.
I tried to call the only numbers available on the website for hours and after long wait they cut off the call several times. Unacceptable service for these delicate situations. They left me with no explanation after 2 days despite also several emails asking urgent call back.
They should pay for all our waste of time and energy since I saw similar reviews to mine.
Hello Elena,

I am glad that we have been able to resolve this issue for you since receiving your feedback with us. I apologise for the first confusion with the booking but after speaking to you myself being able to reach a resolution that you are happy with!
Please do not hesitate to email me in the future if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind regards
Georgia
ramk50
January 6th, 2019
Should have been zero star. Worst and pathetic experience! Never believe these guys for same day service. They can't find drivers. No communication if they can't find the driver. Horrible price match. Managers are rude and horrible to speak with and invoke the statement did you not read all the small print contract when booking is agreed'. They think they are doing a favour refunding when they can't honour the booking commitment. It will be mistake to use these guys.
Hello Ram,

I do apologise that on this occasion there was a slight error when booking in your move with us and due to the time constraint we were unable to find you a driver on the same day. This is not a service that we ever like to supply to our customers and after the changes and adaptions that we have gone through recently I would love to be able to redeem ourselves to you.

Please do get in contact with us and we wish to have another chance to complete a move for you. Do email our customer support team at support@shift.online and we will be able to help from here.

All the best
danielt257
May 18th, 2019
No one turned up Twice! So my move was delayed by a week. I have contacted them many times to fully refund me for this but they keep ignoring me! AVOID at all costs. They will lie to you, and they will steal from you!

Booking reference: Hkb5d4SCWT
pavk
July 1st, 2019
My driver arrived, he was ok... but there was a problem to find my booking, they called me several times trying to get my details again, even I had already email from them that all is set. They charged me wrong amount... 21£ more, then they cut my calls, I couldn't reach them at all. I will never use them again. Total chaos in the company, nobody knows what they're doing there. So disappointed!
bethi30
November 15th, 2019
Whilst under the impression that I was making a firm booking, and paying a deposit, it wasn't until afterwards that I realised that I was paying for a request. I immediately cancelled, and have paid only for entering my details. Absolutely no correspondence or refund since. A con for sure
martac39
March 24th, 2019
Don't use. Lazy and brutish people. They broke my furniture. Save yourself some hassle and go with a reputable company, these guys are the leftovers that can't find decent jobs elsewhere.
Hello Marta,

I do apologise that on this occasion you have stated that your furniture was broken while the drivers were transporting your items. We do have to let you know that all man and van operatives are independent workers and we would encourage you to get in contact with them to claim for the items broken.

We are more than able to help you along with this process for assistance. As we have been unable to find your booking with us please email support@shift.online where one of our customer service agents will be able to help you place the booking into a dispute which is our proper complaints procedure.

We hope to hear from you soon.
aidaa7
April 26th, 2018
I was charged twice for a service that never happened and for cancellation fees.
Unfriendly and unprofessional staff and you can't even talk to them on the phone, only via live chat where they copy and paste answers. I literally asked a question and replied with "have a nice day"!
Please avoid this company at all costs, I am currently opening a dispute with my bank in order to get this money back. Be careful with these thieves!
goranp4
March 8th, 2018
This is the most unprofessional company I've dealt with. They cancelled my booking, which was confirmed all three times with given bank details, 1 hour before the agreed time. The reasoning they gave: "there are no drivers WILLING or AVAILABLE" which is incredibly stupid. Nobody seems to now what they are doing in that company, it is a waste of time and money.
Do not, I repeat, Do not associate yourself with this 'company'.
Hello Goran,

Firstly, we’d really like to thank you for choosing Shift to help with your move. We sincerely apologise this has happened on this occasion and for the inconvenience this has caused you. This is not the experience we want you to have as a valued customer of Shift as we always aim to give the best help possible to everyone. We failed at the time to provide a shifter for your move as we had some difficulty allocating you a driver for your booking due to driver availability which is why we cancelled the booking free of charge. As a fairly new company operating in the area we are still expanding to provide the level of coverage that we can offer in most places around the UK. Please feel free to get in touch with our customer support chat if you’d like to discuss this any further.

Kind Regards,
ryana151
August 9th, 2019
I booked shift for today this was pre booked from last week and done it over the phone everything seemed okay and me and partner got all packed checked my email today and said the 8th of September which was completely wrong so phoned them up and got the same news over and over again sorry about this we will relegate another driver which they never done in the end luckly I managed to get another man with van who were so much cheaper and got the job done this company are idiots and scams don't bother using them waste of time
an84
April 13th, 2019
AVOID!

I booked a time slot for 13:00-14:00.
At 12:10 received a text saying, we are on the way. So I rush to go to the storage

13:00 - received a text saying will come at 14:00

14:00- received a text we will come at 14:30

14:50- we will come in 15 mins

15:15 - was told car broken down

15:30 - we had to get another method at the end.

This customer service is unbelievable. This company should go bankrupt. GIVE ME MY TIME BACK!
Hello,

Terribly sorry that you are not happy with the service that you received from Shift and that your driver did not arrive between your pre booked time slot with us.
This is never an experience that we wish for our customers to experience and I am hoping that you were happy with the resolution that was given to you on this occasion.

If we can be of any further assistance to you then please do get in contact with us so we can help you further with these matters.

All the best
Shift

Chancer's trying to make money form the Pandemic without concern of vulnerable peoples lies, 3 deliveries did not turn up, do not use

By Richard P.