Review of Scan computers

Tel: 01204 474747
feedback@scan.co.uk

andym440
12/3/19
Orig i gave a 1 star due to a problem but a phone call from scan and explanation and everything put right has led me to re-rate.
Response from Liz N., Scan computers Representative
HI Andy,

Thank you for your time today, we appreciate your understanding in this matter.

We are sorry that you have been mis-informed regarding the games promotion, your feedback has been raised internally to prevent this from happening again.

I have arranged to have these code sent out to your today, please check your emails for further confirmation.

Please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards
Team Scan
mattk180
10/2/19
Avoid at all costs! They don't follow the customer goods act. Received a faulty laptop which was collected by them. They have lost it and won't offer me a refund or replacement until they look into what went wrong! Absolute disgrace. Save yourself the hassle and shop elsewhere.
johnt982
5/2/19
I was looking for a specific piece of equipment which could be used in Africa. It is quite difficult to source in the UK. SCAN provided all the manufacturer specifications and so it was easy to ensure I was selecting the right bit of kit. The order process was straightforward and the order arrived quickly and well packed. John T
nicholass174
5/2/19
Delivery driver attempted to deliver to the incorrect building. Promptly, resolved by Scan customer services and was delivered same planned Saturday. Thanks!
ianh169
5/1/19
I've been sitting on the fence for a while now when looking at upgrading my previous PC (Surface Pro 4).

I began looking around websites for a suitable device that would meet my needs as a semi pro photographer. I'd heard Apple products were the go to for this, but had also had conflicting reviews advising on some Windows products that could do the same thing.

I looked around a number of websites for a good deal on all items, when I noticed the 2017 Macbook Pro that Scan were selling as an Easter promotion. This was nearly £200 cheaper than refurbished deals elsewhere.

I read reviews of the product from various sources and saw that Scan had the better deal with both overall price and finance provision with lower monthly payments, and a 14 day return policy if the product was not to the standard/ability for my requirements.

With that in mind, I took the gamble to purchase through Scan.

The System for purchasing was efficient and very clear in telling me what was going to happen, I added the Macbook to my trolley, created a scan account and went through the simple to follow setup of my profile then completed the purchase.

I was redirected to a finance application which was also very straightforward before being accepted almost instantly.

When the purchase was complete, I received order acknowledgement and tracking information for the parcel within 30 minutes, the tracking facility was accurate enough to tell me when the parcel had been in every part of the picking process, right throught to the DPD delivery drivers name and GPS location on their delivery round.

The item arrived well packaged and in genuine apple box marked up as a genuine refurbished Apple product - This was fine as I had ordered Refurb.

I powered up the Macbook and it already had basic charge to test that it worked, it also came with all advertised accessories too.

I would definitely recommend Scan as they were transparent in all operations during this purchase.
miken286
5/1/19
Always very good prices, always very good kit, always very good service. It's a pity they don't sell cars.
MikeN
konrada1
4/30/19
I made something about 30 orders on Scan.co.uk curently and deliveries were always on time. I just love this site. Everything is as described and I was NEVER disappoined and I don't think I ever will be.
fredericke8
4/30/19
Scan Computers are a very professional set up ,They understand that good
Service goes a long way They were very helpful with my order
I'd recommend to my friends .
Frederick Elliott
clairec134
4/30/19
I have bought many things from Scan over the years, and they have never let me down, very fast deliveries,always well packaged goods, highly recommend!
chrish928
4/30/19
I-have used scan many times over the years and have found a great value and fast service every time. I would use again and recommend.
karolp14
4/29/19
I see here a lot of negative feedbacks, and not too many good ones, I think people just not bother with saying anything if everything went well. I am with this shop for many years, I spent thousands of pounds for hardware in past 7-8 years, never ever have any problems, always delivered on time ( next day ) always by dpd, always VERY well packed, never had problems with customer support, etc. This is my opinion, and I don't think it will change.
brianw469
4/29/19
Needed some rare server RAM, website was clearly labelled, with a huge stock-list so prices are competitive. Ordered arrived superfast at my cutsomer's address overall saving me a 126mile trip!! WIN WIN
chrisw641
4/29/19
A LONG time ago a friend introduced me to the world of computers and to Scan. My needs were. and remain, modest, but I have always had un-patronising advice from their staff and excellent products and service. I met Shelley and found he shared my love of cars (I am a race car engineer). and I ended up sourcing and selling him a Midnight Purple Skyline R33GTR at a time when they were nearly new in the UK. I am told he may still have this and that his love for fast Nissans remains ;) My friend runs a Bosch service agency and consultancy and he buys a lot from Scan, and he shares my enthusiasm for this company that we have watched grow exponentially. Only now, after so many years have I hit a problem, and it's one entirely of my own making. I managed, through tiredness and carelessness to bend a lot of Intel processor socket pins on a board I just purchased. Luckily something made me take out Scan's cover (and I hope it proves a wise move) the board is winging its way back to them for assessment. In all I can thoroughly recommend Scan whether you are a commercial purchaser like my friend, or an end user who views computers as a necessary evil like myself. I wish them well with deserved continuing growth and success. Their original modest shop had a sign proclaiming "You have tried the cowboys, now try the Indians". I did this and never looked back :) Such a sign may be considered un PC these days, but it was sage advice that we are glad we followed it! Good luck all at Scan. Chris Wilson, Shropshire. (And yes I am happy to drive over to Bolton for proper service and advice).
peters736
4/29/19
This was my first purchase with Scan, and I can only say that I was really pleased with the whole experience from ordering online, through to delivery. My order was dealt with quickly, and delivery was fast. The product I purchased was exactly as described and looked like new. Can't fault it. Will order again if I need something.
matl21
4/29/19
I've been using Scan for a good few years now, and have always found them to be very quick and professional. On top of which, I've had to return things to them as well, and they've always been courteous when dealing with returns requests.

I've even used them at work to provide a machine as proof-of-concept to a customer, and said machine resulted in the customer buying several more similarly configured machines, albeit from a different supplier.
The strength of Scan's machine is that it has performed flawlessly, even while the machines bought through the other provider have had serious issues.

I suspect I'll continue to use Scan for many years to come!
victorc170
4/28/19
Ordered item as pre-order online. Supplier failed to supply Scan on date they said so Scan immediately offered refund. Later when the item was in stock I called at the Scan store to buy. This was a very slick and easy process with friendly staff and no delay. Item was new in sealed box. Product works great. No issues.
I've been buying from Scan for years and always had a good experience.
garethh15
4/27/19
I've been buying from SCAN computers for years.... just a little message to say well done. Every single time!
kingsleyt1
4/27/19
I have used Scan several times over the years. This week I ordered a hard drive which arrived via DPD the next day. You can't say fairer than that.

For me they've always given good service, but I've never had a faulty product from them so I can't comment on problem resolution, unlike a lot of the scathing reviews in here.
paule252
4/27/19
I have ordered many times from Scan over the years and have never had a problem. Technical support has been pretty good. Currently the ability to specify a day for delivery rather than a vague and possibly inconvenient "next day" is a big advantage.
adams565
4/27/19
Excellent customer service. Fast response. Goods were well packed and shipped on time. I'm now running an Intel NUC8i7BEH with 64gb RAM and 960gb NVME storage for a very reasonable price. If they had the Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2070 gaming box I would have bought that from them too. Five stars from me! *****
muhammadf12
4/4/19
So second EVGA card also turns out to be faulty as well. Now as per scan they can't hear any squeaky noise which I was calling it as a pump noise and then later scan corrected that there is no pump so which basically represents my technical knowledge.

I sent a video to Scan 1m and 59sec which has got all different kinds of noises when the fan runs but that email went into the junk mail. So during the first half of the day they ran some test in which they concluded it's not faulty and the video of noise went into junk.

Now they will perform an overnight test with the videos downloaded.

Also during the conversation there was an investigative tone, have I over clocked it which the answer is no, do I use water cooling, which software I used to test, did I turn the fan on to get the noise. To me it sound like finding a reason for not to refund but the purpose of this was to reenact the situation as per scan.

It's a joke that first, I received the faulty product (twice) and then I get this treatment only after using the replacement for 4 days.

Also,I was told that EVGA didn't find any fault with my first card as well but thankfully scan and I heard the same noise.

So buyers please beware when you buy any product and if the your product is faulty please you make the minutes of usage other wise it will be problem. You need to have the same environment as EVGA or SCAN otherwise it will be a problem. You need to have an open ended test period from Scan.

So in summary, I received 2 faulty cards. Wasted my time on unpacking and packing, convincing them there is a fault, I am out of pocket by £1420 plus no GPU and waiting for there conclusion.

and Yes they are trying to help.

Muhammad

Scan response doesn't even address my concern. Seems like an automated response.

The problem here is why did scan sent 2 faulty products? When it comes to taking money scan charge me over the phone and when it comes to refunding for selling a defective product why do I have to prove, convince and send evidence to you?

The solution for every thing is not come at your store which is like 4 hrs away. Would you travel 4 hours to prove that you have been scammed by a faulty product and charged for the new one?

There are other reviews on trust pilot where people have received an open boxed and used product (example below)

What are the possibilities that this hasn't happened with me where I have received a used and faulty products?

My GPU noise:
vs another close 2080 ti ftw3 normal card
Response from Liz N., Scan computers Representative
Thank you for your time today.

As confirmed over the telephone today, we have tested your card again under full load and can confirm that we are unable to hear a noise and deemed the card NFF.

We can also confirm that we have listened to the video that you have sent, we can very slightly hear a extremely low coil whine noise that is within acceptable range. Coil whine is a common issue, amongst graphics card and unless excessive this wouldn't be classed as a fault. Both cards that you have returned to us, have been confirmed to be NFF.

As a gesture of good will, we have agreed to process a refund for this card. Please allow 3-5 working days for this to clear on to your card.

Kind Regards
Liz Nicholas
chrisn239
12/29/18
Took my £400 same day then passed my delivery to XPD a zero rated on Google delivery company with the worst but cheapest possible outcome for me. Even though I paid for Saturday DPD delivery and cut Christmas short to be home it's not arriving. Can't have a refund as they need to wait for it to arrive back which based on the reviews of XPD isn't likely at all. Scamming scum avoid this company at all costs.
jodic50
7/18/18
Over 15 years I've used scan.co.uk multiple times..

On the three occasions there has been a problem the stores customer support was shockingly bad, the first two I put down to individual error, just a one off, but after this third issue it is clear they have a policy company wide to block and obstruct any post sales issue resulting in a return. The company wash their hands of the products they sell the minute they leave the store.

The first occasion was a decade or more ago, a disk they sold failed, it was before it became routine to contact the disk manufacturer. It took about 4 months for them to get around to sending out a replacement.

A few years later some blank DVD's were shipped, when I came to use them it was clear it was a bad batch, all 25 disks had a visual issue, and were faulty, despite this they insisted they only had a 28 day warranty and refused to refund.

The third occasion, two weeks ago, I returned a Netgear modem which had a serious firmware issue, not fixed after a firmware update, which they asked me to do. After updating the firmware didn't fix the issue - I asked for a return, they ignored me, and continued to ignore me until I invoked my 14 day legal right of return, on top of my right to return a faulty item, only threatening them with legal action resulted in a response.

They are simply crooks, if you item works, as it usually does, they are fine, but if you need to return something, well, just hope you don't if you ordered from scan.co.uk, and don't expect a new item every time either, this last item was already returned at least once as the box was cut open already.
miroslawp1
6/5/18
I would like to describe story which happened in real life however may be real scenario for Monty Python story.
I have never ever experienced in my life such idiotic, unprofessional behaviour which made me think that in this shop SKAN (probably real name SCAM) works just morons who have no ability to read even with understanding.
I placed my order for Asus Zephyrus M indicating as requested on the website billing adress and delivery adress. The second different. Suddenly after two days I got email that I was not at home and DPD couldn't deliver parcel what was not true as I was awaiting parcel in London under adress as indicated during order placement. Quickly after contact they informed me that they tried to deliver to... billing adress even if they had different delivery adress. They Promised to deliver on monday. On monday (second attempt and second day late for work because of delivery) got email that it will be unfortunately delivered on tuesday. Unfortunately I had flight to Poland for presentation which I couldn't do without computer. So I had to cancel my flight ticket and buy new one for tuesday and I was awaiting computer next day at 10 am as promised... On tuesday morning I recieved email that they apologise but it will be delivered...at night. I had to take my flight to Europe without computer.
I asked last time that I will not cancel my order anyway (maybe using not so polite royal british language) and my flatmate in London can sign for me if they in return for all this caused chaos and uncompetence give me any discount. Every normal shop would try to make it up to customer but I suddenly recieved email as below:

> "Hi there,
> Since we last talked our payments manager has advised that he is not happy for the order to go through. The parcel will be returned to SCAN and a full refund given. Our issues are this:
> 1) 2x address change requests
> 2) First time order
> 3) High value order
> 4) Company only trading 1 month
> Unfortunately these flags make us believe that it may be a security risk to deliver to you.
> We apologise sincerely for any inconvenience. "

I am truly shocked because I never changed adress but phoned them twice to ensure they write proper adress I indicated during process of placing order. For some reason they kept sending confirmation excluding flat number which was indicated at the very beginning!! So these two phonecalls are marked as "adress change".

The rest is for me just pure example of monty python jokes about imbeciles:
I should probably for the first order in SCAN(M) buy computer for no more than 1k. Of course orders I could placed by LTD companies with long history (looks like they checked online and it is very important for them that company should have looooong history) but not 1 month. ( I need to admit that everything was already paid)
Probably I should also deliver certified by Royal Family proof of adress so that they can give me honour and privilage to buy computer in SCAM...sorry SCAN shop.

This one week story of contact with incompetent morons ended up with over 2k blocked for a week, failed presentation, cancelled flight and frustration how the customer may be treated by somebody who should clean shoes (probably also too complicated) but not run online store with computers.

Of course I do not recommend. And not because failed delivery as "$#*! happens" sometimes. I do not recommend only because they treat client as piece of $#*!. They never ever admit they made mistake. The worse bunch of morons I have ever get in touch in my life.
jeanmarcl
4/20/18
twice i have tried ordering cards from them. only to be told they will not have that card and if i want to cancel / upgrade to another card. (gpu) web site clearly states card is in stock when i bought it. it then takes 5 days for refund

HI Jason, Please check out what our customers think https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.scan.co.uk, you can also view our website here www.scan.co.uk. If you have any questions our queries you can contact us directly feedback@scan.co.uk

By Liz N., Scan computers Representative

Amazon.co.uk with Prime, and Ebuyer.co.uk and Novatech.co.uk all have proper lawful return processes and great support.

By Andy M.
Questions? Get answers from the Scan computers staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Scan computers