PurpleBricks

PurpleBricks has a consumer rating of 2.45 stars from 111 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about PurpleBricks most frequently mention customer service and business model problems. PurpleBricks ranks 156th among Real Estate Other sites.

• We had several viewings and a confirmed buyer within 2 weeks at the full asking price!
  • Home sold in 3 weeks at very close to agent suggested pre-listing price.

• agent who came to House was a very pushy salesperson.
  • Potentially lost out on a great home because lack of communication.
How would you rate PurpleBricks?

“Just Wonderful!”

Norman S.
3/19/20

Sold our house in 3 weeks! The process was flawless and PurpleBricks brokerage did everything what listing agent would do and for a small flat fee saving us thousands in commissions. Their booking system is amazing and fast & easy to manage, and it gave us opportunity to deal with private buyers ourselves. Special thanks to Jacquiline Benn from Offers Assist who did a great job all along until the deal was finalized and final documents forwarded to lawyers. After this experience would never use real estate agents again. Thanks to PurpleBricks wonderful team!

“Terrible costumer service”

Patrick B.
8/14/20

We've just signed up with Purple brick and was promised that it would be listed within a day. They could not even get the proper form sent to us to sign to get it listed and then gave us the run around in getting us an agent to send it to us. We ended up spending the whole day running after them to get a form! Still no form. Lies, lies, lies... extremely disappointed. Still waiting for a call back with solutions... but yet had no issues taking our up front money.

house (36) home (26) 2 weeks (4) customer service (4) property (24) seller (11) 24 hours (3) business model (3) 3 weeks (3) estate agents (4) 10 days (3) purple bricks agent (4)
patrickb676
August 14th, 2020

paulinaf15
April 7th, 2021

The lady with curly hair. Checking her damn phone while on the 401. Makes your company look like complete $#*! when she is swerving through traffic. Scary to experience. We honked at her and she did not bat an eye.

Products used:
She scared the $#*! out of anyone driving by her. Checking her damn phone while in the 401. Is she stupid???

paoloi7
June 9th, 2021

The quality of service is soo poor that the low fees turn out to be just a waste of money. Their agents are unresponsive, unprofessional and overall they do not know what they are doing. After all they do not need to sell the property to gain their fees.
The business model is very appealing: low cost estate agents equals low fees. Unfortunately the implementation is not so successful.

Tip for consumers:
do not get attracted by the low fees. The service is very poor.

normal estate agent

sureshs28
November 21st, 2020

I was the buying agent on a property listed by purplebricks. The agent who was assigned when the offer came in only wanted to get the job done and afterwards would not communicate with me if we had additional questions. I tried to get ahold of her through the brokerage but no luck. Regardless there is a difference between a realtor that you work with and a realtor that is assigned to you when an offer comes in.

joet642
May 19th, 2021

What a rude and unprofessional company. Got told I could only deal with one person at PurpleBricks which was Ben Williams. I have bought and sold several properties and I have never spoken to such a rude and clearly arrogant man. Ben Williams told me that I could not even talk to the owners of the house at the viewing and that all communication must be with him. Surely the owners of the property would know more if I have questions about the property. All to earn a bit of commission! Would NEVER use this company, especially Ben Williams. I suppose that is why they are CHEAP and want their payment upfront.

Tip for consumers:
None. i would never use this company!

Products used:
None. i would never use this company!

jamess3320
June 21st, 2020

Agency were unable to set up viewings within seven days due to staff holidays. Service was poor and later staff became hostile via email. Would not feel comfortable using them to sell.

beel31
August 27th, 2020

We have not even started to buy or sell our home with PurpleBricks. Recently my husband and I were interested in a lot. We sent a list of legitimate questions to PurpleBricks and the realtor was unable to answer so forwarded to the seller. After over 24 hours I was still waiting for answers and called back the company. Got the response that the seller maybe on a shift work, etc that is why taking a long time. Common listing of property size, property tax, etc should be listed and as an agent should do a follow-up with the seller. We decided not to pursue with PurpleBricks even to sell our future house (had a same comment from our neighbour that she regretted going with PurpleBricks).

normans143
March 19th, 2020

marcp350
June 8th, 2021

Made the mistake of using purple brick to sell. Figured houses selling themselves. Might as well save thousands. Had pictures taken with an iPad. Some pics looked yellow. Was on the market for a week watching everyone house in my neighborhood have people lined up for showings. While I had 1 all week. Came to my offer date with no offers. Fired purple brick. Listed with an agent next day and sold well over asking in less than a couple hours with a bidding war. Believe me I wish it worked cause I wanted more money in my pocket. But clearly agents do not bring clients to purple brick listings and protest them. Do not waste your time or money. They don't even list your home on your home board. Only Treb. Big problem.

Do not use them

Real estate service

rogerp218
April 29th, 2020

Purple bricks totally lied to me and misrepresented the service they are supposed to provide and conned me into a deferred payment scheme where they charge a fee regardless of what they do ( or don't do) a completely awful and shocking experience throughout.
Do not use this Company EVER!

steved923
August 5th, 2020

We mistakenly signed up with Purplebricks(PB) to do what every other seller wants - to get on the MLS & Realtor.ca and save a substantial amount of their home's equity instead of paying it out in real estate commissions and fees. Our rural home is valued at close to $2M and PB gave it the highest value compared to 3 other local realtors we contacted. This seemed great but our experience so far has been very disappointing. We have had ZERO calls to show our home even though we offered cooperating buyer's brokers the customary 2.5% commission. It confirms realtors have what I call GAS are Greedy, have Attitude and are Short-sighted.!
It is obvious that realtors are still not at all comfortable with the PB model and have basically organized themselves to boycott any properties that are exclusively listed with PB. What is the most annoying fact is that PB are actually accepting realtors from other agencies/brokerages to actively list or link their listings to PB website.
If this is not a MAJOR conflict of interest then I don't know what is?
It is clear PB are getting paid to link these listings yet those same brokerages are not bringing buyers to any seller who has an exclusive listing with PB. The PB concept may work in large urban areas where competition between brokers is fierce but beware of having an exclusive listing with PB if you have a high end value home or are in a rural area. The local realtors will BLOCK you!
I expect my listing to expire with no buyers ever having approached us and consider the $550 we spent with PB to be a complete waste of money.

glenng116
February 12th, 2020

We got wrong advice on the length of days to close offers. Agent who signed us up communicated very poorly. We cancelled after 10 days. Have friends who are very happy with Grapevine.

shawnp179
September 20th, 2020

I sent a few valid questions regarding a property that interested us and was listed by Purple Bricks. The response to my questions from the Purple Bricks agent was "are you asking questions or do you want to view the property"? I responded that I was asking questions at this point but had already lost interest in contact with this company.

rg439
January 20th, 2021

Overall, our purple bricks experience was good. We were able to sell our property quickly. We did encounter some minor hiccups in the beginning with paperwork. Once we moved passed that, it was a smooth process. In our opinion, we found it helpful to include our own research to set the sale price. We would recommend purple bricks to our friends and family.

jorgec296
June 6th, 2021

I'm so pleased with PurpleBricks. We have sold two properties with PurpleBricks and the process was flawless. Same service I would had received from a regular agent. Please, give it a try and I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. They took professional pictures and guided us through the whole process. They did everything and we sold with them within days at 100% asking price. Our house was actually put on the market at the correct price range and we were eager to sell. So happy.

Real Estate Services

billys224
February 28th, 2021

Do you think I believe all these 1 star reviews. It's laughable. The big real estate corporations want to put them out of business but it ain't going to happen. I used them saved $25,000 on a million dollar house and they were great. And they're the future. I went on vacation and bought some stocks with the play money. Bye bye monopoly hahaha

jimf1062
November 17th, 2020

I just used PB to sell my house last week- had 24 showings in the first three days, sold for a price above what I expected, and I estimate I saved $13k compared to if I worked with a realtor. It was busy, but PB really streamlines the process and I was given friendly customer service along every step of the way.
That said, the market is strong and my house was the type and location to sell itself. PB doesn't work any magic- it just streamlines the logistics. Ultimately, all the important steps along the way- how your house is staged, the wording of the description, asking price, strategy with offers, etc- are all on you as the seller. Do your homework, have a clear plan.
PB can save you money, but if your ideal is having face-to-face conversations with an invested, patient expert who can walk you through the entire process step-by-step, you might want to find a Realtor (although, to be fair, many Realtors don't fit this ideal either!)

lizzal5
September 11th, 2020

Didn't get the best advise on how I could sell my house at that time. Dealing with different people every step didn't serve my purpose of selling my house with a deadline since I had to sell due to a condition to sell approval. They act as if they know everything but really don't.

hollys330
August 6th, 2020

I went with purple bricks in London. Joe Ansems. Absolute garbage. I'm a first time buyer who came in for a week from another province wirh a deadline to buy. Easy sell. I tried for weeks to set things up with him and he kept saying to wait. Then he made an appointment and messed up the day, I drove 3 hours out of my way from my brothers house to see it, and he tried to blame me for his mess up. I placed an offer day one and he just said ok. Told me nothing about any properties, gave me zero advice, then straight up stopped booking appointments for me. All he did was unlock doors. Total garbage and absolutely useless.

paulp1296
June 6th, 2021

Made an appointment to view had it confirm changed my day to travel to the appointment they cancelled told me they could not be in two places at once I'm going to try to contact there client I feel they should know how they are selling there home

samm641
June 23rd, 2020

If you want to sell your home privately do so - get a good real estate lawyer- pay to put a good listing
And be done with it.
But as a buyer be very careful with this company.

ivetab
February 26th, 2020

Highly recommended to all sellers! We are selling our house with PurpleBricks right now and it feels wonderful to only pay $499.- instead of being "robbed" by listing brokerage/agent who would provide exactly the same service (nothing more) but charge huge amounts in commissions for just sitting & waiting in the market where houses sell themselves. Listing Brokerages and their agents wouldn't let the owner deal with private buyers but if the listing is with PurpleBricks you get chance to deal with them yourself and don't have to pay any commissions if the sale happens. You can choose the amount of commission you are willing to pay selling brokerage (don't mind paying if somebody actually works) and you can cancel your listing any time with no penalties and remaining balance of $2,000.- is payable only when the house sells. Got few showings scheduled already and feeling very pleased with the process!

jessicah764
July 26th, 2020

As buyer, if you are planing to deal with their agents, you are sinking into hell! Don't expect them to answer your call or email. NEVER WORK!

davidb5335
December 7th, 2020

Warning Warning under no circumstances use Purple bricks to sell your property they are a bunch of cowboys giving false dawns and claims as well as trying to charge you for packages you did not ask for stay well clear once they have your fee they are not interested.

beverlyb377
September 3rd, 2020

Purplebricks sold my house last year, they brought me a buyer, so all it cost me to sell for over $780.0000 was $3.0000 period. I was sold in two weeks. We moved into a condo town house, but was not happy, so after a year I called Purplebricks again to list it. My listing agent Adrien was great, very thorough and supportive. This time the condo was on the market for two months, I was discouraged, but I got so much love and support from the team. Kathy, my friend Gene calls me every week to encourage me and assured me that she was praying for me. Lesley, my offer specialist did more than a great job. This time their agent did not bring me a buyer, but lots of other agents did. I stuck to my 2% commission, and got sold in 60 days. I got so many calls of congratulations from the team. I got my son to use them last year.Am hoping not to sell again, but I would not hesitate to use them again.

Sorry all commenters, this is a page for the US business and we operate differently from Canada

By Stephanie W.,
See more answers (3)

Listings are usually 4 months then for another $200. You can extend for another 4 months. I cancelled at the 6 month mark because my house had not sold and I did not want to waste another 6 months.

By Peggy T.
See more answers (2)

Offer Assist doesn't cost anything extra. It's included in the flat fee. I just sold my house through PurpleBricks and Assistance to the selling process was excellent.

By Iveta B.

They would show your listings because you put down in the listing you are offering a percentage to the agent who sells it. In my case I offered 2 percent which is more than fair, but I saved on the listing fee because I did it myself through Purple Bricks. Agents want both listing and selling and some only list and make up to 2.5 percent of sales a lot of money on a million dollar home for doing basically nothing. That is why a lot of agents stay away from Purple Bricks and others like it, you are taking away their cash cow.

By Dave H.

Yes, but you'll have to pay Purplebricks $1500 to get out of the contract. I'm trying to do this right now. They are extortionist.

By Elizabeth O.

We just finished selling with Purple Brick (Toronto, Ontario) and we have nothing but good things to say. From the agent that went to take the pictures to all the staff that answer the phones to answer any and all of your concerns to the real estate lawyers to do the closing. Definitely recommend Purple Bricks. They will save you thousands.

By Isabel R.

They are not proactive. They just list your home and move on to the next homeowner

By A M.

$6k AND 3%. They make it seem that all you pay is $6k total but it's not true!

By A M.

Hi Joe, we encourage all of our sellers to offer out 2.5% to the agent representing the buyer.

By Stephanie W.,

No offers are ever posted online. Offers are all paper based and private. After a sale when the deal is closed, the selling price becomes a public record.

By Peggy T.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the PurpleBricks staff and other customers.

Save thousands when you sell. A faster process when you buy. Avoid real misery. Purplebricks is a refreshingly simple platform that's transforming real estate.

stephaniew258
Stephanie W.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PurpleBricks?

Have a question about PurpleBricks?