Review of PurpleBricks

Tel: 0800 810 8419
lettings@purplebricks.com

natalieb148
5/19/19

They lie and wont provide all the information as to what the total cost is to the seller. Why have a hidden fee?

It is inexcusable for all their agents to "forget" about a $1500 fee + tax that they will charge you if you get a lock box service from them...this is of course on top of the $399+ tax that they say is the only cost for the service.

As a buyer I was lied to when I bought through them and never got the money I was promised (at the time comfree quickly changed their website, so I didn't have the proof from their website to show them).

I highly recommend against a company that cannot keep its word or lies to get your business.

jacquib21
5/19/19

Initially we had a wonderful agent but unfortunately they left and our house wasn't managed for about 4/5 months.No-one informed us and we had to constantly ring being passed from one person to another. We ended up taking our house off the market as we were at a disadvantage on the market as our house had been on a while - so we had to pay the fees without a sale. I advise you get what you pay for - we now will end up paying a lot more than we should have initially

heatherp180
5/19/19

Read the fine print! If you've used ComFree in the past, you do NOT get the same level of service. PurpleBricks will nickle and dime you to death with hidden fees. You have to upBUY to get open house noted in MLS and if you want an offer to purchase form that'll be $1279. PLUS you have to tell the agents that they also have to PST/GST out of whatever commission they receive. I will broker my own deal and save the $1279 they wanted on top of the $700 they already got to take pictures and get it published. They don't even do the write up. I will definitely not recommend to anyone.

leec182
5/1/19

You get what you pay for...no follow-through. We were definitely not a priority. Arnold Pena was the agent...and he's awful. He didn't stay on top of our sale and it went South.

brendam353
4/29/19

Sellers you get what you pay for. No follow through. The agent missed his calling as a used car salesman. Lots of fast talking with no action and tons of excuses.

gaylek19
4/16/19

They don't call back. They didn't take down the information properly. They don't really care. The customer service is national. Nothing local.

am547
4/13/19

I recently used Purple Bricks to sell my home. They got the job done but they do not make you a priority. The business model is all about the volume for the agents which in my opinion doesn't reward the agents to get you the highest price. I would work with a different company if I could do it over.

kpp4
4/4/19

I feel that the experience over all was ok, but as we didn't want to accept certain offers, that we were no longer treated as a priority. We were told many times, that if we didn't accept certain offers that we would not get better, and that we might as well just take offers that we didn't agree with. Also, at the end of the process we were not given all of the information we requested. We asked many times what our cut would be after all was said and done and it seemed like some things weren't divulged as we came out with almost $7000 less than estimated.

katelynnc3
4/1/19

PurpleBrick is truly amazing. Shanon was our agent she was very professional , friendly, outgoing. Our experience exceeded our expectations and we have recommended friends and family

breannaw19
3/27/19

Our friends and family were very skeptical about us using purple bricks for selling and buying our homes but we are sure glad we did. Our local purple bricks agent Matt was highly knowledgeable, extremely helpful, and a delight to work with. We would happily recommend purple bricks to anyone we know

bethr127
3/26/19

The agent did a thorough job of comparing my house to the current market and as a result we sold the house quickly

christopherb394
3/25/19

PurplebBricks was amazing! We got everything that all other Realtors said they would give us but for only a small percentage!!!!!! Who would pass this up? Great photos, 3D model of the home, and advertising of open houses all included. Plus, Chris, our agent was professional and fantastic!

jays431
3/25/19

I saved around $18,000 using Purple Bricks so that allowed me to negotiate a lower selling price. That is a positive that Purple Bricks offers the seller. The assigned realtor was professional and knowledgeable but very busy and there were a few crunch times it took a few hours or two times several days for her to respond. The Purple Bricks website was an utter failure, I wish they would have taken that off the sign. The home pictures were on MLS and Zillow within 24 hours but it took six weeks for them to appear on the PB website. Any messages sent through the website were never responded to. They need to fire their IT guys, can the website and start over. The worst was the PB Escrow Services. During the process and at closing there were numerous mistakes I had to call to correct. I received documents with someone else's name and info on them more than once. I was charged an HOA documentation fee that my HOA said should have been charged to the buyer instead of the seller since it benefits him, not the seller. Upon closing I was notified by text. Didn't expect any grand gift or gesture but a simple thank you for your business goes a long way. Purple Bricks is a better option in a fast market, not a slow one.

jimmyb129
3/25/19

inexperience , they dont return calls or emails. Area rep ignores my complaints. LIES LIES and more LIES! They will tell you they heard or were told , but never give you anyone's names or number to verify what they say is accurate. They make things up and say another agent told them.
Just all around bull$#*!. Go to a more experienced Realtor who has done this and knows the business.

leel173
3/25/19

You guys saved my money cost for agent fee
and satisfied with deligent showed for open house. I also liked pictures of advertisements for 3D. I liked referral of my agent of escrow company too

charmaineh9
3/25/19

I was very satiified with Purple Bricks and my agent, Diane Caddy. Sold my house fast and at the right price. Diane was professional, experienced and a pleasure to work with. I would definitely use them again.

catheriner208
3/25/19

We put our house on the market just after Labor day, 2018. We had several showings in the first two weeks. We accepted an offer to purchase our home within those two weeks.
We were extremely happy with our realtor agent, Synthia Puglia. She was very professional, knew the market well and priced our home, according to fair market, for a quick sale.
We were also very satisfied with the amount of money we saved in commission pricing. Purple Bricks was a great service for us.

marnies12
3/25/19

We had heard about Purple Bricks and were skeptical about receiving the same attention and performance from a Purple Bricks agent as a "traditional" agent. We met Valary Jennings and were pleasantly surprised by her experience and tenacity. We received the attention we needed to get our house advertised with video and extensive photos and listed directly on the MLS. She went above and beyond to ensure our house was priced right and viewed by as many potential buyers as possible. Showings and feedback was automated and customizable by us making it very convenient. When it came time for our sale, she was patient and persistent; the buyer's agent was less-than-flexible and Valary ensured we were taken care of and not taken advantage of. We would and have recommended Valary Jennings again and again. Thank you, Valary!

lynneb79
3/21/19

Tim Hassan was the best. Very professional and he made the experience great. I would definitely use them again and request Tim again. He was the bomb!!!

linneam5
3/21/19

We had such a great experience with purple bricks! The entire team was spot on and very helpful every step of the way. I would and have recommended purple bricks to anyone that is interested in selling their home

doriang13
3/21/19

As a seller you got a love it !! If your tired of giving up so much equity to the regular brokers ripping people off for us so many decades ,?!!the time is now Purple Bricks is revolutionizing the game and bringing a more fair and appropriate service to the real estate market.

johns3727
3/21/19

Choosing PurpleBricks is a no-brainer! We got an expert realtor who did a fantastic job for a fraction of the cost. We got great a professional listing, great advice, and quickly sold our property over the asking price.

susieb55
3/20/19

I contacted Purple Bricks to sell my house. The agent I received was very professional, knowledgeable, friendly and proactive. I highly recommend working with PB and will do it again with my next real estate transaction.

markc751
3/20/19

first agent we had was fired, next 4 agents within a week or 2 of each other quit, the last agent never called us, ever. The property was advertised with many mistakes. We wasted about 8 weeks with purple bricks will never suggest PB to anyone...

roberta674
3/20/19

Over the past 45-years of working with many different real estate companies, my experience with Purple Bricks was the worst. Virtually nothing was done, when or how promised and after the company replaced the agent I had chosen to work with, personal service with the new agent was none existent. Their website did not work well for showing the property to potential buyers (Zillow and Redfin were much better); I had to put my address on their sign pole to identify my property and also had to put out my own flyers. The new agent they assigned to represent me knew nothing about the unique area where my home is located; didn't stay in touch weekly as I specifically requested and then promised to do marketing postcards, with a first draft that was just a Purple Brick's advertisement; and never did get the corrected draft to me after six to seven weeks of excuses. Then when my listing with them expired, they expressed shock that I wasn't going to extend; tried to charge me a minimum fee that was not in my contract; claimed they had a grace period to receive a commission when a potential buyer came into the picture after the listing expired (though there was no grace period in my contract with them) and then they contacted the potential buyer's agent trying to press for a commission through him.

Sorry all commenters, this is a page for the US business and we operate differently from Canada

By Stephanie W., PurpleBricks Representative

Listings are usually 4 months then for another $200. you can extend for another 4 months. I cancelled at the 6 month mark because my house had not sold and I did not want to waste another 6 months.

By Peggy T.

They are not proactive. They just list your home and move on to the next homeowner

By A M.

$6k AND 3%. They make it seem that all you pay is $6k total but it's not true!

By A M.

Hi Joe, we encourage all of our sellers to offer out 2.5% to the agent representing the buyer.

By Stephanie W., PurpleBricks Representative

No offers are ever posted online. Offers are all paper based and private. After a sale when the deal is closed, the selling price becomes a public record.

By Peggy T.

Questions? Get answers from the PurpleBricks staff and other customers.

PurpleBricks?