Review of PurpleBricks

Tel: 0800 810 8419
lettings@purplebricks.com

lr281
11/15/19
Unfortunately cannot provide 0 stars.
We had the worst rental experience with the letting agent (Tyrone) who would think only about his TrustPilot review and the whole issues we had.
They respond once a week even though now it has been at least two weeks that they don't respond. They wouldn't provide the landlord details and won't fix anything that is supposed to be a duty of the property management.
I highly don't recommend this agency as they are completely unprofessional, they hire people that doesn't know how to read an email or would ignore your emails and let you repeat yourself on the phone when you call them.
A big bunch of clowns to be avoided and specially because they are based in Birmingham and since they are not local, they have no idea what is going on and they don't care.
maryg686
10/22/19
Do not waste your time. From the beginning, not even meeting in person yet, was extremely frustrating. We wanted to list with PB. We didn't even get to the meeting point. They requested paperwork, like Wills and Death Certificates. Why I ask? They were unable to provide a professional answer as to why. I believe they are not familiar with CAD realtor laws. I refused to provide this, they denied our services. I spoke with a Manager after many emails, I had asked her to email me her name, she never did. My point, if you can't even get past the paperwork, imagine the nightmare of communication with trying to sell. Do Not Go with them. Hire a professional... Do not pay them the 3k.
jf443
10/13/19
Tried Purple Bricks - agent who came to House was a very pushy salesperson. Got me to sign up for purchase assist etc. The market analysis they did was awful. Priced my property incorrectly and I the interest level was none. Agent argued with me on the phone with changes I wanted to make. Here's a tip if you decide to use them - NEVER tell them you already bought another home. You'll probably get better service if they think they can represent you for a sale in the future. Now that's I've gone through this, I can see why they closed in the USA.
cherylb413
10/12/19
My husband and I are so fortunate in getting connected with Mike Bernstein (Winnipeg, MB) for the purchase of our Home. From day 1, Mike was extremely responsive, helpful, patient and knowledgeable.... He's a true professional and a genuinely nice guy, he walked us through every step of the closing process. Mike EXCEEDED our expectations. It couldn't have been a more pleasant experience. We now will be selling our current Home, within the next month. We absolutely look forward to working with PurpleBricks, again....
Thank you, so very much Mike Bernstein!!!
mikep643
10/9/19
The search for zip code is not working and its writing out. As well when you try to use the function "send email to local agent" no one gets back to you. Not sure how these guys will work with me one I retain them to sell my house.
nancys793
10/1/19
I was interested in seeing a house that was listed for sale. I submitted an online request to that effect. I would have preferred to call to someone but didn't easily see where to call. It took 4 days, from a Friday to a Tuesday, for someone to get back to me. Obviously I expected to get an appointment sometime on the weekend to view the house. When I did receive a voice message from them, they said they could no longer find the house listing online. So I assume it is sold. Houses are selling quickly in Ottawa and when there is a house that looks like what you want, you need to see it ASAP. I will not be searching for my new downsize home on Purple Bricks, nor will I consider them when I am ready to put my larger family home on the market. I will also be sure to tell others about my experience with Purple Bricks, how I may have lost the home I wanted because I never got to see it. And perhaps the sellers would have gotten a higher selling price if more people had been able to see their home and bid on it.
aimeee15
9/20/19
They make you pay upfront before they will even book an appointment with an agent. That should have been our first clue to run. So we pay $799 + HST, then they tell us they are booked out a solid 2 weeks before they can even see us at a reasonable time. By taking time off work, I was able to get the appointment at 10 days. They took pictures, then tell us after assuring us the fact we were moving at the end of the next month was okay that we have to pay another $399 + HST for OfferAssist so they can handle showings since we would be out of province. 4 months goes by without an offer. They say pay again to renew your contract. We find out they haven't shown to any of the private buyers requesting showings because "they didn't have any agents available in the area". Never again. Don't do it. Can't say enough bad about this company.
marym1451
9/10/19
I have clients that were enticed by the service and hoping to save "thousands" - LoL. Their market and property was too unique to be sold in PB style. They got a listing on MLS and nothing else. They complained about support and help and were told it was the market climate and they just have to wait it out. Needless to say, my clients learned a valuable lesson and are now back to the full-time professionals that are fully engaged and active daily !
sc260
9/9/19
House was listed for a month with no movement. Poor quality pics with A handful of showings but very few agents would bring clients through. Some potential clients refused to deal woth PB due to complicated offer process etc. Listed with local real-estate agent and house sold the day before it went on their site. Literally sold the before the sign was even put on the lawn. So PB obviously does not work in smaller towns.
daveh343
9/5/19
Problem with purple bricks is if you live In a town of twenty thousand or less all real estate agents will boycott bringing anyone to your property. Strictly pure greed they do not want a low commission company cutting into there monopoly of gouging you. Therefore it becomes hard to sell in a slow market
homek1
8/29/19
don't fall for their crab as they are mother$#*!er bull$#*! son of the $#*! $#*!s looser who sucking your money for no service providing to people, i am one of the victim of this agency. they are absolutely scammer and fraudulent brokerage, their service is zero like their owner $#*! , they are wasting your time and money, they dont sell your home at all, they just scammer.
melissap258
8/13/19
We had our house on the market for 40 days and 1 visit with PB. On the PB site, the numbers showed a lot of interest but this did not translate in to visits. The agent that came to the house spend 3 hrs giving a lot of advice (a waste of time). We spend extra money for the Assist service and booking service as well (again not worth the money). When I called them to suspend the service, the person I spoke to told me I would need to pay $100 if I decide to change my mind and I said I don't plan to. If you plan to sell your own home and just want to have your house on MLS then this may work for you but I really don't recommend them. You are on your own by listing with PB and no different from putting a 'want ad' in your local newspaper.
marianneb53
8/4/19
Brilliant company! Managed to sell one of our houses within 24 hours! Saved us thousands on fees with no commission!! Conveyancer is a tiny bit more expensive to one not affiliated with the company, but well worth the money. You can defer paying for 10 months interest free by using their conveyancer!! So it's swings and roundabouts!! Plus the solicitor does everything through an easy to use app. Purplebricks also have an app too which makes booking viewings etc. as easy as child's play!

Pictures and valuation were done with days of instruction. The advert was live that same night at 9.40pm. Advert looked great, was able to suggest updates and alter pictures using their app. We had someone pop in to see our tenants, who rang us to pop over and they begged us to sell the property to them before the official viewings had even started! We had 8 people fighting over the property, but we went with the original couple as a hand shake and a promise is a promise I'd never break, no matter what!!

I swear it sold so quick due to the great photos and descriptions of each room and overall for the property and area!!

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone, I think reading the negative reviews sometimes people want everything for nothing, which is impossible. This company do most things for you, but I love being able to do the viewings myself as I am an expert in our properties, so being able to do this saves you a fortune!!

I personally think Purplebricks excel at what they do, especially for the low cost!!

Very very happy!! Will definitely use again should we sell anymore!!
israelg21
7/25/19
I contracted with PB in western Canada and got it listed in MLS.
In reality that is all, you get out of this service.

Was it useful? NO
The first week I saw on their web page stats of some people looking at this property. That is only numbers. That did not translate into real visits or customers.

In a week, the number of visits to the page declined sharply within days and by then we had no hope as the number of visitors to this PB web page was very low or insignificant.

Have they promised marketing? yes, but is not real they do nothing
Did they tell you that you will be charged extra money just to make changes to your settings? Of course, they said nothing...

How do other realtors see the PB service and relation to their job?
I talked to a realtor and she told me..."why should I bother with this type of listing"? "they are not friendly and cost me a lot of work just to get an appointment". What she meant was, the PB system does not allow them to make quick appointments ( a one-click appointment on their software) and for that reason, realtors do not consider these houses for their visits.
That is a major problem! that means that if you are trying to sell with PB you WILL NOT have the market drivers (realtors) on your side as it takes too much effort for them to make their appointments. She quoted "I have to make 30 visits a day - so I can not waste my time with a system that does not collaborate or integrate into my routine (software).

What about the price?
My pricing was between the max and min recommended by PB.
If you want to blame the price then I will have to ask, Was their recommendation incorrect?
if it was incorrect then you have one reason for no sales and if it was correct, then there is no excuse as to why the house does not have the correct exposure or interest by buyers.
Their price strategy and analysis depends on the PB realtor that visits you, he or she will create the price range report using the info they have ... AND THAT IS THE SERVICE you get to define the price.

Conclusion
You are represented by PB and you get listed in MLS
YOU WILL NOT get traffic to your house because realtors do not connect easily with their information-software, therefore they will visit other properties instead. You are on your own!

This is my experience so far.
Almost no visits in 3 weeks!
zakg11
7/15/19
Couldn't answer a simple question about how many offers were on the property. Waited 20minutes and got bounced twice between their "offers" department and their "customer service" department. This is ridiculously basic information and borderline illegal for them not to have basic competence.
nancyc502
7/10/19
Our house was sold within 48 hours of listing at more than the asking price, thanks to our knowledgeable and patient agent Kathy Bradford. Escrow closed on time with minimal hiccups. We were very pleased!
rhmaa
7/5/19
Zero viewings in 100 days. A year of misery.
Zero professionalism, integrity and customer service.
Use a high street agent. Delivered 20 viewings within weeks and a result.

The first Purple Bricks agent' promised the world, took my money and promptly disappeared. After chasing him for a month I discovered he had left the company without telling me. Didn't even have the courtesy to tell me he hadn't ever bothered to pick up keys - which prompted a panic as we tried to locate them.

The second agent promised time and again he would provide a better service but yet again proved unresponsive, failed to deliver a single viewing in two months and yep, you guessed it, left Purplebricks without telling me.
Rats and sinking ships.

Finally, after months of protracted and incredibly painful discussions with Purple Brick's customer service' they upheld the majority of my complaints but then only offered a £300 discount - oh and the viewing fee - good of them considering no viewings had ever happened.
So I'm expected to pay £800 for them taking some rubbish photos, posting a generic advert on Zoopla and doing absolutely nothing else but cause huge stress and disruption.

A terrible company, terrible people. There's a reason their share price is plummeting.
Don't believe the Purple Bricks hype, just use a high street agent. Sadly no sale, no fee is the only model that seems to motivate estate agents.
barbaraw380
7/1/19
Realtor, Haley Martin, was amazing. She went above and beyond helping us with getting prepared, answering questions - just being there for us in general. I could always get her on the phone and if for some reason I had to leave a message, my call was returned within an hr or two. Neighbors have asked for her card and asked about Purplebricks in general.
yaolinw
6/28/19
excellent service at a very low fee. home sold in 3 weeks at very close to agent suggested pre-listing price.
edm244
6/26/19
Unbelievable, James was amazing, professional, experienced, and very intensive to our every need. We have had other experiences with real estate companies with very bad experiences but with James all was smooth sailing in what could have been very turbulent waters. Thank you James and Purple bricks for a very satisfying journey.
jasonj186
6/26/19
From the get go, Susan Beck was professional, genuinely caring and confident. Susan Beck kept us in the loop of potential buyers and answered our questions and concerns promptly. Susan always looked out for OUR best interest as "people" and not as just a customer to get a sale. Even though PurpleBricks has a set fee that is much lower than going with a traditional agent, which saved us thousands of dollars, Susan treated us like family. We absolutely made a great choice using PurpleBricks. John Jennings was also very knowledgeable and professional while Susan was away. We have had an excellent experience with PurpleBricks!
leangec
6/26/19
My PurpleBricks local agent was incredible. She knew the local marektplace well and worked with me all the way.
debrac250
6/26/19
Our realtor, Sam, was very nice. Qe really liked him a lot. No worrying or endless communication with him. When i had a question, he answered it.
pw104
6/26/19
Selling a home can be stressful. Robert Roberto made the experience a simpler one to process. Every detail explained.
kathyt171
6/26/19
We had a wonderful experience with Valerie from Ventura. She managed our sale in every way expected from a real estate agent. She was very friendly and informative. She was available for open houses and did a fantastic job.

Sorry all commenters, this is a page for the US business and we operate differently from Canada

By Stephanie W., PurpleBricks Representative

Listings are usually 4 months then for another $200. you can extend for another 4 months. I cancelled at the 6 month mark because my house had not sold and I did not want to waste another 6 months.

By Peggy T.

They would show your listings because you put down in the listing you are offering a percentage to the agent who sells it. In my case I offered 2 percent which is more than fair, but I saved on the listing fee because I did it myself through Purple Bricks. Agents want both listing and selling and some only list and make up to 2.5 percent of sales a lot of money on a million dollar home for doing basically nothing. That is why a lot of agents stay away from Purple Bricks and others like it, you are taking away their cash cow.

By Dave H.

Yes, but you'll have to pay Purplebricks $1500 to get out of the contract. I'm trying to do this right now. They are extortionist.

By Elizabeth O.

They are not proactive. They just list your home and move on to the next homeowner

By A M.

$6k AND 3%. They make it seem that all you pay is $6k total but it's not true!

By A M.

Hi Joe, we encourage all of our sellers to offer out 2.5% to the agent representing the buyer.

By Stephanie W., PurpleBricks Representative

No offers are ever posted online. Offers are all paper based and private. After a sale when the deal is closed, the selling price becomes a public record.

By Peggy T.

Questions? Get answers from the PurpleBricks staff and other customers.

5 Photos for PurpleBricks