PurpleBricks

PurpleBricks has a consumer rating of 2.51 stars from 95 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. PurpleBricks also ranks 226th among Real Estate Other sites. The most common issues with PurpleBricks are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• We had several viewings and a confirmed buyer within 2 weeks at the full asking price!
  • Home sold in 3 weeks at very close to agent suggested pre-listing price.

• agent who came to House was a very pushy salesperson.
  • Potentially lost out on a great home because lack of communication.
How would you rate PurpleBricks?

“Just Wonderful!”

Norman S.
3/19/20

Sold our house in 3 weeks! The process was flawless and PurpleBricks brokerage did everything what listing agent would do and for a small flat fee saving us thousands in commissions. Their booking system is amazing and fast & easy to manage, and it gave us opportunity to deal with private buyers ourselves. Special thanks to Jacquiline Benn from Offers Assist who did a great job all along until the deal was finalized and final documents forwarded to lawyers. After this experience would never use real estate agents again. Thanks to PurpleBricks wonderful team!

“Terrible costumer service”

Patrick B.
8/14/20

We've just signed up with Purple brick and was promised that it would be listed within a day. They could not even get the proper form sent to us to sign to get it listed and then gave us the run around in getting us an agent to send it to us. We ended up spending the whole day running after them to get a form! Still no form. Lies, lies, lies... extremely disappointed. Still waiting for a call back with solutions... but yet had no issues taking our up front money.

house (35) home (26) 2 weeks (4) customer service (4) property (24) seller (11) 24 hours (3) business model (3) 3 weeks (3) estate agents (4) 10 days (3) purple bricks agent (4)
normans143
March 19th, 2020
patrickb676
August 14th, 2020
jamess3320
June 21st, 2020
Agency were unable to set up viewings within seven days due to staff holidays. Service was poor and later staff became hostile via email. Would not feel comfortable using them to sell.
rogerp218
April 29th, 2020
Purple bricks totally lied to me and misrepresented the service they are supposed to provide and conned me into a deferred payment scheme where they charge a fee regardless of what they do ( or don't do) a completely awful and shocking experience throughout.
Do not use this Company EVER!
glenng116
February 12th, 2020
We got wrong advice on the length of days to close offers. Agent who signed us up communicated very poorly. We cancelled after 10 days. Have friends who are very happy with Grapevine.
shawnp179
September 20th, 2020
I sent a few valid questions regarding a property that interested us and was listed by Purple Bricks. The response to my questions from the Purple Bricks agent was "are you asking questions or do you want to view the property"? I responded that I was asking questions at this point but had already lost interest in contact with this company.
lizzal5
September 11th, 2020
Didn't get the best advise on how I could sell my house at that time. Dealing with different people every step didn't serve my purpose of selling my house with a deadline since I had to sell due to a condition to sell approval. They act as if they know everything but really don't.
steved923
August 5th, 2020
We mistakenly signed up with Purplebricks(PB) to do what every other seller wants - to get on the MLS & Realtor.ca and save a substantial amount of their home's equity instead of paying it out in real estate commissions and fees. Our rural home is valued at close to $2M and PB gave it the highest value compared to 3 other local realtors we contacted. This seemed great but our experience so far has been very disappointing. We have had ZERO calls to show our home even though we offered cooperating buyer's brokers the customary 2.5% commission. It confirms realtors have what I call GAS are Greedy, have Attitude and are Short-sighted.!
It is obvious that realtors are still not at all comfortable with the PB model and have basically organized themselves to boycott any properties that are exclusively listed with PB. What is the most annoying fact is that PB are actually accepting realtors from other agencies/brokerages to actively list or link their listings to PB website.
If this is not a MAJOR conflict of interest then I don't know what is?
It is clear PB are getting paid to link these listings yet those same brokerages are not bringing buyers to any seller who has an exclusive listing with PB. The PB concept may work in large urban areas where competition between brokers is fierce but beware of having an exclusive listing with PB if you have a high end value home or are in a rural area. The local realtors will BLOCK you!
I expect my listing to expire with no buyers ever having approached us and consider the $550 we spent with PB to be a complete waste of money.
daveh343
September 5th, 2019
Problem with purple bricks is if you live In a town of twenty thousand or less all real estate agents will boycott bringing anyone to your property. Strictly pure greed they do not want a low commission company cutting into there monopoly of gouging you. Therefore it becomes hard to sell in a slow market
ivetab
February 26th, 2020
Highly recommended to all sellers! We are selling our house with PurpleBricks right now and it feels wonderful to only pay $499.- instead of being "robbed" by listing brokerage/agent who would provide exactly the same service (nothing more) but charge huge amounts in commissions for just sitting & waiting in the market where houses sell themselves. Listing Brokerages and their agents wouldn't let the owner deal with private buyers but if the listing is with PurpleBricks you get chance to deal with them yourself and don't have to pay any commissions if the sale happens. You can choose the amount of commission you are willing to pay selling brokerage (don't mind paying if somebody actually works) and you can cancel your listing any time with no penalties and remaining balance of $2,000.- is payable only when the house sells. Got few showings scheduled already and feeling very pleased with the process!
hollys330
August 6th, 2020
I went with purple bricks in London. Joe Ansems. Absolute garbage. I'm a first time buyer who came in for a week from another province wirh a deadline to buy. Easy sell. I tried for weeks to set things up with him and he kept saying to wait. Then he made an appointment and messed up the day, I drove 3 hours out of my way from my brothers house to see it, and he tried to blame me for his mess up. I placed an offer day one and he just said ok. Told me nothing about any properties, gave me zero advice, then straight up stopped booking appointments for me. All he did was unlock doors. Total garbage and absolutely useless.
jessicah764
July 26th, 2020
As buyer, if you are planing to deal with their agents, you are sinking into hell! Don't expect them to answer your call or email. NEVER WORK!
dans1063
November 29th, 2019
If you can sell your property with PurpleBricks, you can sell on Kijiji. The only time they answer your calls and reply your emails is when they are selling their service. Once they get your money, they disappear. Well, in our experience, they did not disappear. They came back to say, here is a viewing request, go show yourself. Huh? We paid for the service, what are you talking about? Oh, we don't cover that area, there was a misunderstanding. No interest at all since this incident, just wasted our money. Stay away.
ls419
May 9th, 2020
Called to view a property. Was immediately contacted by a PB coordinator. I was told I would be contacted by Steve, a real estate agent, "specialist" in buying, for buyers without an agent. Then, within minutes, received an email that Steve wasn't available after all and I should expect a call from Sabrina. I received a call from Sabrina who, (sounded 12 years old), proceeded to ask my questions about my financial situation and that she would not show me the property unless I disclosed if I was 100% financially ready to buy. I told her that I wouldn't be asking to view if I wasn't. She said that wasn't good enough of an answer and I need to answer all her questions and "stuff". I told her that I wasn't comfortable with the conversation, that I had bought/sold many many properties over the last 25 years, and I wouldn't be moving forward. She said "sorry you feel that way". That was it! I was not able to see the property. If I wasn't a seasoned buyer and seller, I would have been sucked in to make a deal as quickly as possible so the agents could do as little work as possible. I had considered hiring them to sell my property but not anymore! I will do it myself. Terrible, terrible system.
yvonneb183
September 15th, 2020
Please be wary of using this company, the service is shocking. They have no interest in seeling your home as they know they have already got your money.
jf443
October 13th, 2019
Tried Purple Bricks - agent who came to House was a very pushy salesperson. Got me to sign up for purchase assist etc. The market analysis they did was awful. Priced my property incorrectly and I the interest level was none. Agent argued with me on the phone with changes I wanted to make. Here's a tip if you decide to use them - NEVER tell them you already bought another home. You'll probably get better service if they think they can represent you for a sale in the future. Now that's I've gone through this, I can see why they closed in the USA.
jimmyb129
March 25th, 2019
Verified purchase
Inexperience, they dont return calls or emails. Area rep ignores my complaints. LIES LIES and more LIES! They will tell you they heard or were told, but never give you anyone's names or number to verify what they say is accurate. They make things up and say another agent told them.
Just all around bull$#*!. Go to a more experienced Realtor who has done this and knows the business.
beel31
August 27th, 2020
We have not even started to buy or sell our home with PurpleBricks. Recently my husband and I were interested in a lot. We sent a list of legitimate questions to PurpleBricks and the realtor was unable to answer so forwarded to the seller. After over 24 hours I was still waiting for answers and called back the company. Got the response that the seller maybe on a shift work, etc that is why taking a long time. Common listing of property size, property tax, etc should be listed and as an agent should do a follow-up with the seller. We decided not to pursue with PurpleBricks even to sell our future house (had a same comment from our neighbour that she regretted going with PurpleBricks).
sc260
September 9th, 2019
House was listed for a month with no movement. Poor quality pics with A handful of showings but very few agents would bring clients through. Some potential clients refused to deal woth PB due to complicated offer process etc. Listed with local real-estate agent and house sold the day before it went on their site. Literally sold the before the sign was even put on the lawn. So PB obviously does not work in smaller towns.
lr281
November 15th, 2019
Unfortunately cannot provide 0 stars.
We had the worst rental experience with the letting agent (Tyrone) who would think only about his TrustPilot review and the whole issues we had.
They respond once a week even though now it has been at least two weeks that they don't respond. They wouldn't provide the landlord details and won't fix anything that is supposed to be a duty of the property management.
I highly don't recommend this agency as they are completely unprofessional, they hire people that doesn't know how to read an email or would ignore your emails and let you repeat yourself on the phone when you call them.
A big bunch of clowns to be avoided and specially because they are based in Birmingham and since they are not local, they have no idea what is going on and they don't care.
brendam353
April 29th, 2019
Sellers you get what you pay for. No follow through. The agent missed his calling as a used car salesman. Lots of fast talking with no action and tons of excuses.
beverlyb377
September 3rd, 2020
Purplebricks sold my house last year, they brought me a buyer, so all it cost me to sell for over $780.0000 was $3.0000 period. I was sold in two weeks. We moved into a condo town house, but was not happy, so after a year I called Purplebricks again to list it. My listing agent Adrien was great, very thorough and supportive. This time the condo was on the market for two months, I was discouraged, but I got so much love and support from the team. Kathy, my friend Gene calls me every week to encourage me and assured me that she was praying for me. Lesley, my offer specialist did more than a great job. This time their agent did not bring me a buyer, but lots of other agents did. I stuck to my 2% commission, and got sold in 60 days. I got so many calls of congratulations from the team. I got my son to use them last year.Am hoping not to sell again, but I would not hesitate to use them again.
neild114
March 25th, 2020
I hired Purple Bricks to sell an investment townhouse in Stittsville Ontario. Talked to a very nice lady June Morley who told me all about the great service I would be receiving from Purple Bricks so I said sign me up.

June called me to say my rep would be Amanda Presley and see would meet me at my property at 6pm today March 25th 2020. Then June called back to say another agent would meet me there because Amenda was busy I said OK. She also asked me to confirm my tenants didn't travel in the last 2 weeks which I did call her back and left a VM stating they hadn't travelled that was 3 days ago. I called her yesterday leaving a VM to confirming my appointment and again and no call back. My wife and I went to our investment property to meet the agent at 6pm today and nobody showed up? I called June Morley finally she answered after a while she said an agent wasn't coming? Because of the Covid crisis they weren't sending agents but they would put a sign on the property and I would have to take pictures. I wouldn't have had an issue if there had been communication but there wasn't. Seems like Purple Bricks doesn't have the great service they brag about. I will get my refund and sell the place myself on Kijiji saving the $3000.
marym1451
September 10th, 2019
I have clients that were enticed by the service and hoping to save "thousands" - LoL. Their market and property was too unique to be sold in PB style. They got a listing on MLS and nothing else. They complained about support and help and were told it was the market climate and they just have to wait it out. Needless to say, my clients learned a valuable lesson and are now back to the full-time professionals that are fully engaged and active daily!
galinat3
May 27th, 2019
The agents do the bare minimum. As a buyer, they wouldn't answer any questions or return calls. My agent had to call numerous times and ask questions over and over again. They wouldn't even get the sellers to sign the form to decline/accept/counter offer. Potentially lost out on a great home because lack of communication. I understand that the buyer is saving in commissions but at what price? Having the home sit on the market for months and when an offer comes in they don't even care to reason or educate the seller on market trends or give them advise on next steps. Very disappointed

Sorry all commenters, this is a page for the US business and we operate differently from Canada

By Stephanie W.,
See more answers (3)

Listings are usually 4 months then for another $200. You can extend for another 4 months. I cancelled at the 6 month mark because my house had not sold and I did not want to waste another 6 months.

By Peggy T.
See more answers (2)

Offer Assist doesn't cost anything extra. It's included in the flat fee. I just sold my house through PurpleBricks and Assistance to the selling process was excellent.

By Iveta B.

They would show your listings because you put down in the listing you are offering a percentage to the agent who sells it. In my case I offered 2 percent which is more than fair, but I saved on the listing fee because I did it myself through Purple Bricks. Agents want both listing and selling and some only list and make up to 2.5 percent of sales a lot of money on a million dollar home for doing basically nothing. That is why a lot of agents stay away from Purple Bricks and others like it, you are taking away their cash cow.

By Dave H.

Yes, but you'll have to pay Purplebricks $1500 to get out of the contract. I'm trying to do this right now. They are extortionist.

By Elizabeth O.

We just finished selling with Purple Brick (Toronto, Ontario) and we have nothing but good things to say. From the agent that went to take the pictures to all the staff that answer the phones to answer any and all of your concerns to the real estate lawyers to do the closing. Definitely recommend Purple Bricks. They will save you thousands.

By Isabel R.

They are not proactive. They just list your home and move on to the next homeowner

By A M.

$6k AND 3%. They make it seem that all you pay is $6k total but it's not true!

By A M.

Hi Joe, we encourage all of our sellers to offer out 2.5% to the agent representing the buyer.

By Stephanie W.,

No offers are ever posted online. Offers are all paper based and private. After a sale when the deal is closed, the selling price becomes a public record.

By Peggy T.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the PurpleBricks staff and other customers.

Save thousands when you sell. A faster process when you buy. Avoid real misery. Purplebricks is a refreshingly simple platform that's transforming real estate.

stephaniew258
Stephanie W.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PurpleBricks?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.5
Have a question about PurpleBricks?