Review of Proxibid, Inc.

Tel: (877) 505-7770 / (402) 505-7770
info@proxibid.com

muties
11/30/18

Answers questions quickly and accurately. Good at communication between buyers and sellers. Hope to use again.

peterc371
8/14/18

August Tues 14th site crashes halfway during an auction and towards the end. The site has been unavailable in the evenings probably trying to fix the issues with their system Proxibid does some great marketing about how great their service is but a whole load of peolle can waste a whole load of time and lose awhole load of mone trusting these clowns. Peter

davidw1058
7/22/18

Participated in an online auction. Bid on a vehicle which was shown on screen but was not the actual vehicle being auctioned.
I was an online bidder, paddle #13223, on the 3-11-17 Tampa Machinery auction. I bid on and was high bidder for a vehicle shown on the screen to be lot #14021. Two minutes later the same vehicle was on screen up for bid. Thinking they didn't get my bid I bid again and again was high bidder on lot #14021. Looking at the messages on screen I was notified I won a different vehicle, lot #14036 which was never shown on my screen and I did not bid on. I immediately contacted the message operator at the auction so they could put the vehicle I DID NOT BID ON back up for auction. I was told to contact the auction company which was facilitating the online service, Proxibid, Inc., which I immediately did. I was told by them to call the auction house directly which I, again, immediately did. I spoke to Theresa, explained the situation and asked her to notify the auctioneer to re-auction lot #14036 since that lot was NOT on my screen when I bid. I also told her I DID want to purchase lot #14021 which I was winning bidder on. She told me they would have to do a "no sale" at the end of the auction on lot #14036 and would discuss if I would be allowed to purchase lot #14021. I told her to go ahead and do a "no sale" on both lot #'s 14036 and 14021 if that would make it easier. She replied "fine" and hung up. Later that evening I received an invoice from Tampa Machinery for both lot numbers! The following business day I contacted Tampa Machinery, spoke to the owner and explained the situation. I also stated I wanted to take the offer a no sale given to me by his employee, Theresa. He replied all sales are final and I would be banned from bidding in any future Tampa Machinery auctions to which I agreed! I contacted Proxibid to complain and investigate. They stated they could do a metadata search of the auction but COULD NOT determine what was actually on my screen at the time I was bidding.
Subsequently Tampa Machinery filed a complaint with Proxibid. After speaking with Proxibid several times they sided with Tampa Machinery and I have been banned from participating in ALL future online Proxibid sponsored auctions even though I have had NO previous incident in all my years bidding on their website.
I have a time stamped copy of the ongoing on screen messages of this incident. It clearly shows Tampa Machinery going out of numerical sequence which could explain the incorrect vehicle being on screen at the time I was bidding. It also clearly shows my attempt to notify Tampa Machinery and Proxibid, in a timely manner, of their error and adequate time to correct it and re-auction lot #14036.
Instead, Tampa Machinery is being allowed to bully and strong arm me by filing an unfounded complaint with Proxibid for THEIR mistake and lack of policy to re-auction items due to their error.

nickw98
4/18/18

tried to use it for an auction this past weekend. had to give a cc # to sign up. once they had the info basically couldn't use the site to bid or even watch the auction without it randomly signing you out or the web servers stop responding(tried multiple browsers, computers and internet connections). now they won't let me remove my cc info or cancel my account despite me not being able to use the services. highly recommend avoiding dealing with them.

robertd338
11/3/17

Made an account 10 days before an auction ended for a specific item worth a bit, had put 3 sets of card details in for veri and all was set. Logged in 1 hour before online auction end all ready to go. Got to 5 mins before auction end and the status on the account had changed to 'decline - not able to place bid' I tried frantic phone call but couldn't do anything!!!

I had got an email, 4 MINUTES before the end of the auction I was on asking me to send up further ID details!!! After the account had been there for 2 weeks!!!!

Needless to say, what a joke! If they needed that why not ask for it when the account is opened, so angry

johnd874
10/19/17

It turns out this company is trying to do an auction site using auto auction management tactics. It doesn't work. It is not computer user friendly!

It is like trying to work with several companies at the same time and each company doesn't know what the other is doing. One company tells you one thing and that is not the way it actually works in their own company let alone the others.

You have a company that listed the item, usually a internet listing company, Then Proxibid which doesn't do much, many items I bid on did not have an adequate description or info.

Then you have to arrange payment that has to go through the listing service, not the auction company.

I won an auction item for $155. By the time the listing service and auction sites had added their fees, it was $197! And I had not paid for shipping yet. At this point I can only guess what the total could be. Say $222. That is almost the cost of the item!!!!

Although you are supposed to be able to see the estimated shipping cost before hand, I was not able to do so. Even after paying for the item I wasn't able to see shipping charges!

Each time in the process I had to call Proxibid or the listing service! It is not user friendly and a real pain to deal with.

Many times they had so much junk in their agreement, the new legaleze and verbiage terms were obnoxious, you just through up you arms in disgust!

What is really weird, you never know the actual person or company that own and is selling the item!

I will never use this site again!

watercrafts
8/10/17

we purchased a truck, they fail to disclose pictures they fail to disclose miles they fail to disclose all body damage still has papers from body shop they fail to disclose all damage doors are hanging on never took pics they fail to disclose air bag deployment
they fail to disclose bad engine we purchased a junk pile and the state and government in our country allow a foreign company commit fraud and is ok
stay away from them or just go look at items first if you can't see items stay away they are a bunch of crooks no different then other companies

jeffd99
8/4/17

due diligence is on you!!
The description can be wrong (not there problem)
The picture can be wrong (not there problem) no joke
I bought a roll of pennies it was supposed to be a 40year old bank roll with the face of Lincoln facing out year 1959 on one end..
what I got was the tails side out on both ends and 1959 written on the roll
I sent 2 pictures (both ends) and the picture that there web site provided of what I was supposed to receive they said that I had to have a independent auditor evaluate
the roll of pennies.....Ya I got ripped off plus I had to have the bank do a search of when they cashed my cashiers check they claimed they never got it on july 15th I sent them the bank statement proving they cashed my check on june 19th they put me in collection 2 days after they cashed my check.
will have the complete story of these penny pinchers on facebook and youtube in a day or 2

ralphs59
7/20/17

I had coins purchased from two different vendors about the same time as my credit card company changed the last few digits, extending the cards expiration date & increasing the credit limit. I did not correct the information on file with you until I was notified by the vendors that you had declined my card. Couldn't you have given me a heads up before they did? One has
been resolved. Still trying to get ahold of the other one.

donb119
7/20/17

well pleased with proxibid, easy to use and fast replies, well deserved for a top notch rating. plan on using it again very soon like tomorrow.

stephenk83
7/20/17

Firearms are not accurately described. Generally in worse condition than described. Shipping time from bigger sales is extremely long.

albertl41
7/19/17

Very efficient service, friendly people. I was able to purchase equipment online that I would have not been able to purchase due to time constraints.
very satisfied with the experience.

zacharys29
7/18/17

Why is the fee to bob and buy on the MET so high? I am a 54 year old disabled male. It is impossible for me to go on the bidding grounds where the merchandise is , walk around and bid with a numbered sign. It's needs to be an exception for Americans like myself. I love the site, however (15%) fifteen percent is highway robbery. !! Can you accommodate a disabled person like me?

rezaf3
7/17/17

The people With Proxibid, very Knowledgeable & helpful & always They Keep Update & Easy To Deal With All Purchased & They Are With You until The Auction become up To the End ,So I would Re Commanded to Every One Whenever They need To purchase Their needed They Should Go trough the Proxibid,

jesseb61
7/16/17

This time was a solid win. The company had good communication. I haven't been as lucky in the past. Probably the reason for 4 stars rather than 5. Still nursing a sore spot.
JB

chuckb56
7/16/17

Proxibid is sort of a clearinghouse for online auctions. You can search online for things you're interested in, or search by geographic area. Lots of fun. Easy to use their online application. Just as with any other clearinghouse, just do your research on the auction houses. If an item is selling for an unbelievable price, it is a good idea to check them out independently. But other than those few, most are very reputable, service is good, and great delivery. Proxibid also helps with resolution in those few instances of disagreement with an auction house. This is my primary site for online auction clearing houses.

williamb304
7/16/17

Auction, everything worked as described. Will continue to use because it is very convenient and runs very smoothly.

michaels650
7/16/17

Always fun looking for bargains that may or may not be overlooked.
Shipping has been very good as well. Items arrive in great shape.

michaelh378
7/16/17

I got a good deal. Now, I have to get the company responsible for removing the equipment to return my call.

perrys27
7/16/17

Bidding is good but when trying to watch and/or listen to a live auction in at least 90% of the time the audio and/or video dos not work.

gregd83
7/16/17

I HAVE PURCHASED A FEW FIREARMS AS A FFL GUN DEALER AND COMPANYS RESPONCE TIME AND FREIGHT CHARGES ARE TERRIBLE

tedw27
7/16/17

My experience has always been without flaw...no hassles, etc. Responses are prompt and descriptions are clear. Good experience.

roberts632
7/16/17

Proxibid would be well served to provide more features to its search engine and summary page so users could add notes and rearrange dates for more convenient use.

dennisj36
7/16/17

WAS HIGH BIDDER ON A $3OO TRUCK CAMPER 200 MILES AWAY AND WHILE I WAS ON MY WAY TO PICK IT UP THE TRANSMISSION WENT OUT ON MY TRUCK. TRUCK SAT A GARAGE FOR TWO WEEKS AND THEY STILL DIDN'T GET IT IN TO REPAIR IT. I ENDED UP TRADING IT FOR A CAR AND WAS UNABLE TO GET THE CAMPER.

oscarb55
7/13/17

Great experience and easy to navigate!! the process to look and the description are good, also the auction process easy to carry on
I will definitely recommend to my business friend and associates to log in in proxibid for the auction needs.

You can end up winning the item anywhere between your initial bid and your high bid. Very often we see the pre-bids are outbid, especially if there is a live onsite crowd. Best advice is to put only the amount you feel good about paying and not a dollar more. When you can, participate live. Not only is it fun, but you can enter your bids as the increments go up. Always be sure your computer is working, close things you do not need running in the background. Also, keep in mind if your max bid is 500, someone onsite might win it for 500-dollars and you are outbid, even though the dollar amount is the same. This happens when you are the highest bidder at 475 and the last bidder happens to be someone in the crowd at 500-dollars. In those cases, it might be good for the person running the Proxibid application to know that you are a max bidder for 500 as well, so they can fight to get your bid in first, before an onsite ringer beats you to it. At that point the onsite bidder has to outbid you for 525, if that is what the increment still is. When you are live online it's really a lot of fun and probably makes much more sense, especially when there is audio, what is going on and why you might be paying your max. If you ever feel treated unfairly as an online bidder, contact Proxibid and also contact the auctioneer for whatever company you are using and ask how you ended up at your max. Hope this helps! Proxibid is supposed to be a fun, easy and enjoyable experience.

By Robin F.

Proxibid refuses to answer my email.

By Arnold H.

Great question. Proxibid will usually have you start with the seller and try to work that out. The wording of the description is going to be extremely important. For instance, did the item come with a defect that was not mentioned? Or did the item have a defect and the item was listed as in defect free or perfect condition? That would be a big difference. Many times an auction company might inform you ahead of time that they do not guarantee or know everything about the item, but will include what they do know or have discovered about the item and take as many photos of the item as possible to give the bidder an opportunity to make their own decision. In which case, the item would be considered as described. If the item was listed as blue and it's red, well then it is NOT as described. If the item was listed as in good working condition and it IS NOT, then it is not as described. Many times the buyer may be able to come to an agreement, so I would start by contacting the seller. If the Terms and Conditions as well as photos and description of the items are not accurate, then I would keep pursuing the issue with Proxibid. They will continue to purse the issue with the seller to get it rectified...IF you are correct. Let me know if I can be of further advice.

By Robin F.

I see this is an old post-but perhaps my response will be useful: My answer to your question is going to be quite similar to most, and that is read the terms and conditions for that auction company. In order to participate in a Proxibid auction, a bidder must have read and then agreed to the terms. It's a legally binding contract between seller and buyer. If you back out on something you purchased, you can be sued. First, I would contact the auction company and see if they will let you out of the sale. There is always the possibility. Second, if you found legitimate information that they are fraudulent, or something of similar concern, you might have a leg to stand on. I would share that research with a member of Proxibid's risk management department. Has your credit card been charged? If not, you may want to put a hold on it, until you figure out what you are going to do. Do not delay in contacting Proxibid, as the auction company may report you to Proxibid for non-payment and you will be black flagged. This means you may lose all your bids on other Proxibid auctions and lose the ability to participate in other auctions until the black flag is removed. Lastly, perhaps everything is fine and the items you won are a success story for you. It's been awhile since you posted this. Hope it all worked out!

By Robin F.

Dear Frank O. Thank you for using SiteJabber to reach out to Proxibid. To ensure responses are expedited, we recommend visiting Proxibid's Contact Us page and connect via phone or email. Our platform joins buyers and sellers together to purchase highly valued items. Any specific details are passed through us by the sellers using our services. When you have questions about shipping, it's best to review the Terms of Sale section of the event. If your question or concern isn't outlined, please contact the seller directly. You can find a seller's contact information on their landing page within our site or on the event listing. To find a seller and any of their events, use can use the Browse By search option on our site. Just make sure to select Companies as your search choice. We hope this addresses your inquiry. As always, if you need additional assistance or have more questions about Proxibid, visit the Contact Us page on Proxibid's website. Our Client Service Professionals are happy to help. We look forward to seeing you on the Proxibid platform! Gabriel S. Senior Manager of Operations Proxibid, Inc.

By Proxibid I., Proxibid, Inc. Representative

Dear Susann G. Thank you for using SiteJabber to reach out to Proxibid. To ensure responses are expedited, we recommend visiting Proxibid's Contact Us page and connect via phone. To protect the security and integrity of your account, it is Proxibid's policy to speak to our customers directly when handling any major changes to their account. Once we have verified your account details, we can then review your account for closure. We hope this addresses your inquiry. Gabriel S. Senior Manager of Operations Proxibid, Inc.

By Proxibid I., Proxibid, Inc. Representative

Anita C., Thank you for using SiteJabber to reach out to Proxibid. To ensure responses are expedited, we recommend visiting Proxibid's Contact Us page and connect via phone or email. Proxibid has the industry's most robust online bidding platform which boasts a 99.99% uptime. Our technology team is constantly making improvements to the online bidding experience, and bidders can bid with confidence on Proxibid. We hope this addresses your inquiry. As always, if you need additional assistance or have more questions about Proxibid, visit the Contact Us page on Proxibid's website. Our Client Service Professionals are happy to help. We look forward to seeing you on the Proxibid platform! Gabriel S. Senior Manager of Operations Proxibid, Inc.

By Proxibid I., Proxibid, Inc. Representative

Michael S., Thank you for using SiteJabber to reach out to Proxibid. To ensure responses are expedited, we recommend visiting Proxibid's Contact Us page and connect via phone or email. Proxibid is an online platform serving as a conduit for commerce between Buyer and Seller. Listings and events on the Proxibid platform are managed by separate business entities ("Sellers"). When a Buyer registers for an event or bids on a listing, the Buyer enters into an agreement with the Seller via the Seller's Terms of Sale ("ToS"). Each Seller should outline their payment options and associated fee schedule for the specific event. Each event may have a unique ToS; therefore, we suggest reviewing the event's ToS or contact the Seller directly. We hope this information addresses your inquiry. As always, if you need additional assistance or have more questions about Proxibid, visit the Contact Us page on Proxibid's website to review our FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) or contact us directly. Our Client Service Professionals are happy to help. Thank you for supporting our commitment to excellence we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on the Proxibid platform! Gabriel S. Proxibid Sr. Manager of Operations

By Proxibid I., Proxibid, Inc. Representative

Daniel C., Thank you for using SiteJabber to reach Proxibid. Proxibid is an online platform that allows Buyers and Sellers to connect and purchase highly valued items ("Listing(s)") via several selling formats including, but not limited to, live and timed auctions ("Event(s)"). When an individual creates a buyer account ("Buyer"), they must acknowledge and agree to the Proxibid Unified User Agreement ("UUA"). Listings on the Proxibid platform are managed by separate business entities ("Seller(s)"). When a bid is placed by a Buyer on a Listing, the Buyer enters into an agreement with the Seller via the Seller's Terms of Sale ("ToS"). Each Seller will have their own way in which to accept payments. Some Sellers do in fact take PayPal. To make sure a Seller's Event you plan to participate in accepts PayPal, we suggest that you review their ToS or contact the seller directly. We hope this information answers your question. As always, if you need additional assistance or have more questions about Proxibid, contact one of our friendly Client Services Professionals as they will be happy to help. Again, thank you for supporting our commitment to excellence. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on Proxibid! Gabriel S. Proxibid Sr. Manager of Operations

By Proxibid I., Proxibid, Inc. Representative

Dominique B., Thank you for using SiteJabber to reach Proxibid. I apologize for the delay in responding back to you. The quickest method to obtain answers would be to contact our Customer Support Team. There is not a "one-size-fits-all" answer to your inquiry. Depending on the Seller, Listings on Proxibid may be viewable online only, or Listings may have the ability for a maximum prebid to be placed before the item is declared sold. When creating a Proxibid Buyer account, it is suggested that plan to participate or bid in an Event sign up for a Buyer account, not a Guest account. The sign up flow starts here: https://www.proxibid.com/asp/createbidder.asp There is not a minimum amount which needs to be placed; however, the Seller may have a pre specified Increment Table which outlines the dollar increment a bid can be placed when the bidding is within a certain range. For example, if a bid is between $0.00 and $99.99, the Seller can set the bids to be placed in $5.00 increments - $5, $10, $15, $20, etc. Proxibid does not charge Buyers to have an account; however, Sellers may have various fees which are outlined within their Terms of Sale. When an individual creates a buyer account ("Buyer"), they must acknowledge and agree to the Proxibid Unified User Agreement ("UUA"). Listings on the Proxibid platform are managed by separate business entities ("Seller(s)"). When a bid is placed by a Buyer on a Listing, the Buyer enters into an agreement with the Seller via the Seller's Terms of Sale ("ToS"). To understand the Seller's associated fees charged to Buyer's, we recommend reviewing the ToS. We hope this information answers your questions. As always, if you need additional assistance or have more questions about Proxibid, contact one of our friendly Client Services Professionals as they will be happy to help. Again, thank you for supporting our commitment to excellence. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on Proxibid! Gabriel S. Proxibid Sr. Manager of Operations

By Proxibid I., Proxibid, Inc. Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Proxibid, Inc. staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Proxibid, Inc.

Proxibid, Inc.?