Review of PromGirl

Tel: +1 888-843-7766 or +1 302-279-1052
support@promgirl.com

victorias124
12/12/17

Bought a dress with 2 day shipping to ensure it arrived on time for a special prom cheer event out of state. Dress did not come and Promgirl would not track and did not care. I still have NOT received the dress from them and made a trip to Kentucky and back since then. My daughter could not attend the event as we did not have time to shop for a new dress. Contacted Promgirl again and said they cannot even refund the 2 day shipping price of $22 even though we still have NOT rcvd the dress. They do not care, customer service is awful. Beware before you buy!!!

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
We're very sorry the dress did not arrive in time for your daughter's event! Assistance was not refused but we must wait until the package is delivered or it is returned to the sender. UPS has stated that an emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery. This delay is likely the fires that have been occurring and unfortunately we must wait for UPS to resolve this. Once delivered we'd be happy to refund the shipping fees or you can return the dress back to us for a full refund. Thank you for your understanding.
kimo55
12/11/17

I will definitely order from PromGirl again! Yes this is a real review, from north Alabama. Thanks again!

vaylener
12/8/17

The dress arrived within 9 working days around Thanksgiving. My only complaint is that when I emailed about time I kept getting an email that states that the store is closed. That is frustrating. Thankfully the dress is as promised and hopefully will shop on the website again.

judie43
12/8/17

I have ordered multiple times and am always pleased with quality of dresses for very reasonable prices. Both of my girls always get asked where they got their dresses. Shipping times are always spot on. Never shop anywhere else.

vickih51
12/8/17

Second dress purchased from PromGirl; both had to be altered but we knew that before ordering. Dress measurements were accurate, customer service great. Indicated "in stock" status. Shipped promptly.

shawns69
12/8/17

the dress was beautiful and may daughter looked amazing in it. I cant wait to order for her next two proms. this dress was for a pagent. Fast delivery was the plus, I had to have the sides taken in and shorten at the bottom, but that is to be expected. when you are ordering off line. but a plus in my book

loris241
12/7/17

When you order something that is not the size the company claims it to be- return it to be told they discarded the item from "failed attempts" to contact me. My phone never rang and received one email - in which I called for the recording to say the company was currently closed to call back tomorrow and tomorrow was past the "2 days to contact" them. I will be filing with the Better Business Bureau. It's not even about the money I spent on the dress but about how many people get treated this way. I know good and well address that was only tried on was return tags still attached inside the plastic was not discarded! Maybe you are getting the cute pink dress we returned

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
Unfortunately it sounds like the order might have been placed on a different site. The office was closed on 12/6 but all voicemail messages would be given a call back once open again. We would be happy to look into this further for you if you can please message us with your order number. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
nicolem200
12/7/17

This is our third dress. First one was way off in measurements but we fixed it and she rocked it. Second dress was fine as we learned our lesson from the first. Fit is good. Delivered in good time. Just a little disappointed as we thought the material would have more of a sheen as it did in the picture. But overall, very pleased. Will most likely purchase again.

deborahn28
12/5/17

Not being able to try a dress on lends itself to having to send items back. Wish there wasnt a restocking fee, but not much I can do!

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
The standard return policy for special occasion dresses is "no returns," but we want to ensure you have your special dress for your event so we accept returns for a refund less the 10% restocking fee or for a full store credit. Please note the option for store credit would not have a restocking fee deducted and is valid for 5 years from when it is issued. We'd also be happy to waive the restocking fee for a new order of equal or greater value as long as we're contacted. See our full policy located on our "Returns" page and contact us if you have any questions!
vanessam96
12/4/17

I am not one to bash a website, and usually try to give it the benefit of the doubt. However I ordered my dress on November 13th. I paid for three day shipping. Little did I know this meant three day shipping from the date it said it was processed to ship. I wasn't aware until I called, and then got explained that in a very blunt way. They then proceeded to tell me it would be in by December 7th... My event was the 9th. Yes... almost a FULL MONTH to ship. So as aggravated as I was, I was going to wait. Today, the 4th of December, (mind I tell you this was the day my dress was supposed to ship out) they told me that it has been delayed and will not ship out until the 10th... the day after my event... WORST PURCHASE EVER. And to add on, I couldn't cancel it, so I have to wait until it is in to return, which I will be returning. Not to mention I had to rush to find a dress. It is not worth the stress, take that from me.

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
Unfortunately items marked as “Due to Ship” with a provided date would not be able to ship out until the date listed. The shipping time selected would not start until the dress is shipped and we must rely on the designer for the ship date. If the date changes after the order is placed to something that will not allow the dress to arrive it time and it cannot be canceled, it can be returned to us. If you need any further assistance, please message us with your order number. We apologize for any inconvenience!
michellem354
11/30/17

Ordered my daughter's prom dress in April and when the dress arrived, the measurements were totally wrong. We measured my daughter and ordered her dress accordingly to there measurements. We ordered a medium which started was a 36" bust line. But what we received was a 32" bust line. I emailed them within a week after trying on the dress and told them the situation. I did not have time to exchange being that her prom was only a month away so I had my seamstress make the alterations. Prom Girl asked for a letter explaining what she had to do and cost. Prom Girl and I settled for a partial refund of my cost to fix. After not receiving anything, I contacted them back inquiring. They them decide that they would only give me a coupon for the amount towards another purchase since it was past 60 days. They never said anything about a time frame before and now they are refusing to give me my partial refund to fix what they sent. Why would I order again from a place that sent me an incorrect dress that I ordered? Nice job of taking care of their customers. A complaint is being filled with the BBB.

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
Each size chart is provided by the designer or manufacturer of the dress. We apologize that it didn't fit as expected but the decision was made to keep the dress which was received on 4/05/2017. We were contacted on 4/8 to say the sizing wasn’t the same as the size chart, but the dress was already being taken to the seamstress. On 5/30, we were informed that you were waiting on the detailed receipt from the seamstress that we requested to look into a possible discount. Then, on 9/1, a detailed email was received explaining what was done by the seamstress but it was not on a professional company letterhead. A receipt was finally sent to us on 11/15/17. Unfortunately PayPal transactions cannot be done this long after the order is placed so a partial refund is not possible. We have offered an exception to you as emailed and no further options are available. Thank you for your understanding.
kimberlyc111
11/30/17

The dress doesn't fit properly in all areas. We have to have alterations done to it so it will fit her properly. The skirt seems to run small so that has to be taken out and the top runs big so that has to be taken in. And it isn't my daughter's body shape either. She is your average 15 year old athlete.

celiaj3
11/29/17

I was a bit surprised when the box arrived! Shipping only took a week to my FPO address! It normally takes longer so I ordered early. One look at the dress and I fell in love. It is nicely made and the color is exactly as it was online! I ordered a large thinking that it might be too tight because I normally wear an XL but upon trying on, it fit beautifully. The length is just right! So pleasantly surprised and will definitely order again from Promgirl!

cherylb141
11/29/17

The dress is lovely and fits my daughter perfect. Just wish the beading would stop falling off. She loves the dress so we will keep it.

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
We're so happy she loves the dress! Please message us with your order number and we'd be happy to look into this further. Thank you for shopping with us!
janeta56
11/29/17

I had a wonderful experience! I ordered a size too small the first time (my fault) and the refund process was fast and easy. The new dress fit my daughter perfect and was even more beautiful than the picture.

brittanys93
11/27/17

Literally my dress came out perfect! The only thing that I wasn't a fan of was how HIGH UP that slit went, I will certainly have to sew it up a bit, but it arrived SO quickly and I just love it

yolanag
11/27/17

The dress was what I expected as far as design & material. However, my boobs are heavy and the straps on this dress are very thin. Everything fits but Im hesitant on bending over to much because the straps may tear.

jenniferb362
11/27/17

My order was received on time & the dress that I bought is fabulous .I will definitely be recommending.Great dresses for great prices

cortneyt
11/27/17

My 2nd order from Prom Girl & I couldn't be more pleased. Sizing is true to measurements posted & dresses have both been beautiful! Customer Service is great & the shipping is also wonderful. Look forward to the next purchase from Prom Girl :)

abeerm3
11/26/17

I always buy my dresses from Promgirl! I am leaving the states soon, and will miss you SO much :(
Maybe later I will try your international professional shipping!

emilyt60
11/25/17

The dress my daughter ordered for a dance looked NOTHING like the picture online. The dress was hideous and cheap looking. The top was huge and the bottom was tiny. THEN came the return process! The online return wouldnt work (I think it was rigged that way) so a chat window popped up. The lady chatting with me said I would have to take photos of the dress so they could inspect if it really didnt look like the online picture! UNBELIEVABLE! When I said I would never use them again, the lady told me it was just an idea... Again...unbelievable! When I demanded her supervisors name and number, I waited for about 10 minutes and she sent me the return information. I cannot believe this company! Never again!

marimerv
11/22/17

In love with my dress and definitely will be buying more from this website. I live overseas and got my dress with in a week and that is something you cant say from a lot of websites especially for overseas orders.

marciam34
11/21/17

I love my dress, it's beautiful and it looks spectacular. The material is excellent and of good quality. They even sent me a shawl with it. Also it fit perfect, I will be ordering again thank you PromGirl!

preciouss3
11/20/17

Ordered a dress for my daughter 2017 sadies dance we love it also it fit Perfect will be ordering again thank you.

reginad17
11/16/17

The dress arrived super fast, and its really beautiful! They even sent me a shawl with it. Though it feels a little bit bigger than in the chart, it still deserves 5 stars!

We are an authorized retailer of the designer dresses we sell and they are all original pieces! Customer pictures can be found on our Facebook wall and using the hashtag #PGonME on Instagram or Twitter. Please contact us if you have any questions and we would be happy to help!

By Marissa C. [PromGirl Rep]

Hello! That dress should arrive in time for an event on February 17th! If the dress is Due to Ship on January 23rd, it should arrive in 2-7 business days with the international expedited shipping option. Please contact our customer service department by phone, email, or chat on our website if you have any additional questions and we would be happy to help!

By Marissa C. [PromGirl Rep]

We hope you love your purchase, but if you are not satisfied, we accept returns for a refund less a 10% restocking fee or for a full store credit as long as it is not marked final sale! Due to the seasonal nature of our merchandise, we do ask that you contact us within 7 days to receive the return authorization number. See our full policy located on our "Returns" page. Please contact us if you have any questions about the return policy!

By Marissa C. [PromGirl Rep]

Hello Rachelle! All of the items on our site are designer originals in new condition. If you have any questions or concerns about the dress when it arrives, please contact us and we would be happy to help you!

By Marissa C. [PromGirl Rep]

We're an authorized retailer of the designer dresses we sell and we do not sell any replica items. The sizing will vary depending on the dress, but there is a size chart provided for each one from the designer. Please contact us directly if you have any further questions!

By Marissa C. [PromGirl Rep]

Hello Samantha! We hope you love your purchase, but if you are not satisfied, we accept returns for a refund less a 10% restocking fee or for a full store credit as long as it is not marked final sale! Due to the seasonal nature of our merchandise, we do ask that you contact us within 5 business days to receive the return authorization number. See our full policy located on our "Returns" page. Please contact us if there is anything we can assist you with!

By Marissa C. [PromGirl Rep]

Hello Gabby! All of the items on our site are designer originals in new condition. If you have any questions or concerns about the dress when it arrives, please contact us and we would be happy to help you!

By Marissa C. [PromGirl Rep]

We accept returns for a refund less a 10% restocking fee or for a full store credit as long as it is not marked as final sale! Due to the seasonal nature of our merchandise, we do ask that you contact us within 5 business days to receive the return authorization number. See our full policy located on our "Returns" page. Please contact us by phone, email, or chat if there is anything we can assist you with and we would be happy to help!

By Marissa C. [PromGirl Rep]

Hello Haley! We are an authorized retailer of the designer dresses and a Google Trusted Store! Unfortunately we are only able to get the sizes listed in the drop down menu that says "size" once you have selected the color. If the dress is available at a future date, it should still be listed, but with a due to ship date provided once the color and size are chosen. We apologize for any inconvenience!

By Marissa C. [PromGirl Rep]

We're an authorized retailer of the designer dresses we sell and most items are eligible for return per our policy! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer service and we would be happy to help!

By Marissa C. [PromGirl Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the PromGirl staff and other customers.

20 Photos for PromGirl