Review of PromGirl

Tel: +1 888-843-7766 or +1 302-279-1052
support@promgirl.com

shaunas26
5/16/19

I order 3 dress from them and none of them look like the pictures. And the last dress look like foam. I am NEVER ordering there again and I think u should save ur money and go to a different website. And their dress run small so watch that. I can not explain how frustrated I was. So unless you live in New Jersey and go to the store don't waste your time.

amyr287
5/7/19

Promgirl online store is robbing customers of their money. NJ state needs to look into this business.

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
We are a legitimate company that does not rob customers of their money. Please message us with your order number and we'd be happy to look into your order for you. Thank you!
amandac410
5/1/19

Very misleading with the free returns, especially when this site is shopped by high school girls that aren't as savvy to the tricks these companies pull. My daughter ordered the dress she wanted in 2 different sizes to see what fit better since she could return for free. BIG mistake. first, you have to return within 3 days for the shipping to be covered, second, he dress was on sale so it qualified for store credit only. It is her fault for not reading the policy completely but I still feel that prom girl is taking advantage of young girls that are just trying to find the perfect dress. I wish I would have read the reviews BEFORE i let her order. never again.

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
We do our best to provide all of our policies clearly on our site and the Terms and Conditions must be agreed to at the time of the order by the cardholder. Our customer service team is available by phone, email, or chat for any question you might have about the order before it's placed, if needed. We're sorry for any misunderstanding!
hannaht57
4/26/19

Listen to all these negative reviews when they say not to order from Prom Girl! I ordered a dress online and I followed the measurement suggestion to find my size. When I received my prom dress it was too big in several spots and the proportions were really weird too. The cups were way too high on me, the waist was too loose and the dress was too long. Part of the dress was even falling off!!!!!!!! The alterations ended up being more than the dress itself so I ended up taking it back. You can't get cash back so I only get $80 of store credit even though this is my senior prom so I don't need another prom dress after this year. Prom was just one week away so I had to find a new one fast. But the return takes longer than that to process so I had to buy a another dress. I ordered one and when it came it fit but it was too long. I thought I was in luck because of the perfect fit guarantee. SIKE. It only applies to dresses $150 or more and mine was $149............ nice. Now it's been two weeks after prom and I still haven't gotten credit for my first dress.

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
We're sorry to hear the designer dress had any flaws and needed to be returned to us! Returns can take up to 5-10 business days to process once they're received but you were emailed with the code on 4/29. In regards to the alterations program, unfortunately sale items do not qualify regardless of the price. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!
kathya152
4/9/19

I will never ever order from Promgirl again!! Terrible customer service regarding a return that was beyond the 14 days, they were unwilling to make an accommodation after explaining that my daugther had been ill..it was within a 30 day window. Additionally, I've ordered hundreds of dollars worth of dresses from them!! The dress was too short, I wanted to purchase another one and wanted store credit, they refused. The chat agent Ciana was extremely rude and had a terrible tone and attitude. Do not buy dresses from this site unless you are 100% sure you don't need to return

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
We're sorry to hear you feel this way and looked further into your concerns. The chat was reviewed by a manager and our representative was polite and stated our policies and the order details as needed. Because the dress was received on 3/9, the return was denied. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
ninab164
4/4/19

after reading all the reviews i was kinda hesitant cuz its online and most reviews are kinda bad but i wanted to give it a try i ordered the dress on a sunday night and it got shipped monday morning , i chose the 3 day delivery but it got delivered tuesday , basically sooner than i expected , i dont know if its because i live in Maryland and its closer, basically the delivery went smoothly with no problems but thats not the only thing, the dress was breathtaking !!!!! it was EXACTLY like the picture !!! everything was amazing in it i fell in love with the first time saw it!! will be ordering from here again soon!

natashap53
4/2/19

I ordered my daughter's prom dress from Promgirl and when it arrived it was nothing like the dress that was being advertised on the site. I emailed the company and they told me that I could send the dress back but $8.00 would be taking from my refund for the return. Then they went on to say the warehouse messed up and sent the wrong dress. I advised them that the dress I ordered was the only style that I saw on their website so, how is it a mistake. They are false advertising dresses. The dress I received was a totally different color than the one on the website. It was similar in style but not the dress on the website. I advise no one to order from this company.

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
We do our best to accurately display all of the designer dresses and we're sorry to hear it wasn't as expected! Once the dress arrives back to us it will be inspected for differences and to ensure it is being shown correctly on our site. The return shipping amount will be waived and it will be processed as a refund for you. It can take up to 5-10 business days to process a return from when we receive it back, but you'll be emailed once it is complete. Thank you for your patience!
jodys73
3/20/19

Never again. I'm having to pay for a complete take apart and remake because of poor quality. Omg I'm furious with this company. Beware people don't buy crappy quality. They refunded me 20%-25% after arguing with them about it. I couldn't have them ship me another because of timing issue and I was concerned I would end up with another crappy item. Ridiculous how much I'm spending because this company has poor quality items.

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
We apologize the designer dress arrived to you with any flaws! After receiving a picture of the seam and strap, we offered a replacement with overnight shipping. We then provided a 25% discount because a replacement with overnight shipping was declined. Please keep in mind that a discount was the only option once a return and replacement are rejected. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!
lindav152
2/25/19

If you are thinking of spending money with promgirl.com, I would highly recommend to look elsewhere. Don't waste your time with their inventory.

Here is our story ... my daughter began looking for dresses for her winter formal and found one she loved on Promgirl.com - so we decided to purchase the dress. It was $149 with free shipping. When the dress arrived we had one day before the event. She tried it on to ensure it fit and took it off to prepare it for the next day. We began to steam out wrinkles and noticed one (1) stain on the bottom of the dress. It was nothing too major (even though I just bought what I thought was a "new" dress) and decided we didn't have enough time to look for another outfit. The next day she began to wear the dress and within 2 hours of taking photos and showing up to the dance, one of the shoulder straps broke. A friend helped tie the strap together to keep going, but after the event and dinner which was a total of four (4) hours she came home to a dress that was ripped open on the waist of the dress line too. The dress fell apart through no fault of my daughter's.

Bottom line, within six (6) hours of her wearing the dress - it was completely ruined. Needless to say, I was upset for spending $149 on a dress that won't even be worn again.

I contacted their customer service and was told the following: "This kind of damage does not regularly happen with the dresses we sell. We do not have a standard time in which a dress would last, as that depends on many factors. However, they are not made for one time wear." Interestingly enough - they want to say this, but only offer a $30 refund.

I will NEVER buy from them again and told them I would do anything in my power to inform potential buyers of the rip off of this company and product. Do not buy from them.

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
We're very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience! Each dress sold is a designer original piece. They should be inspected upon arrival and contact should be made if there are any concerns with the item when it is delivered to you. About 3 weeks after the event, we were told that the dress has flaws after being worn. Unfortunately we do not know what caused these issues with the item as this is one of our most popular designers and do not often get complaints. Although it couldn't be accepted as a return, the discount was submitted as a courtesy. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!
catherinem302
2/9/19

The dress arrived quickly, when it wasn't what I wanted I sent it back and they returned my full amount (less return shipping as stated in policy) quickly to my original credit card. I will definitely use them again. They were true to their word related to their return and refund policy. Very easy to deal with and reasonable shipping rates (didn't gouge you on the return like some companies do).

taylorr91
1/2/19

I paid for 2nd day air shipping ($34) for 3 items and my items didn't arrive until 7 days after my purchase. Apparently they were closed for 2 of the business days that week, but that wasn't posted on their website. Additionally, when I called on the day my items should have arrived, my items still hadn't shipped yet but they told me it was too late to cancel my order or refund my rush shipping charge even though my items were going to arrive AFTER my event. Worst customer service on the planet.

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
We're very sorry for any confusion! Once an order has been placed it cannot be changed, altered, or canceled per our terms and conditions. The shipping page states "Business Days are Monday through Friday (non-holiday)." and our contact us page stated which days we were closed. They are scheduled to be delivered on 1/4 which is 2 business days from when shipped and the event date listed is 1/5. If you need to return the dresses once they have arrived, please feel free to do so and contact us if you need any assistance with the return!
emilak
7/12/18

I ordered my dress on 04.07.2018 and received it on 10.07.2018 and I'm from Switzerland!!! good job Promgirl. the dress looks like on the pictures and I'm totaly in love with my new prom dress!!!

It was my first order but not my last!!!

pritty sure that I'm going to order again!

amberm167
Amber M.
6/28/18

First of all, I love the dress. I had to get it taken in, but the material is really nice and it looks reasonably expensive. I bought it in burgundy, and unfortunately there was no colour option of it in burgundy, but it was pretty similar to what I thought it would be. However, I'm from NZ and didn't realise the price wasn't in NZD, (as it doesn't say USD next to the price). Therefore, I ended up paying way more than I anticipated, and also an extra $200 in customs as it was international and had a price over $400. Moral of the story, triple check the price, and know exactly what you're paying before you click order.

carolh332
6/20/18

Be aware of the 14 day return policy - unlike most companies that have 30 day. Was not aware and missed the deadline for returning.

anjalis18
6/19/18

Customer service is super bad. They just keep wasting your time on chat...keep giving you a runaround and then transfer to another agent who does the same thing

waleskao
6/15/18

I searched everywhere for a prom dress for my 13 year old and it seemed impossible to find a dress that would fit her...shes tall and thin and every dress we saw wouldnt fit right. I went on this website and I am so glad I did my daughter is in love with her dress and so am i...Fits perfect...great material and it got here so fast I wasnt expecting to receive that that quick...less than a week it was here...love it and I recommend everyone to get the dresses from here...fast shipping great quality and good prices.

allisonf51
6/15/18

I just bought this dress for my homecoming dance, and I loved it. The jewels shine beautifully and the material of the dress seems high quality!

rosemaryl20
6/14/18

Ordered a dress from prom girl and paid $30 for international expedited delivery. Imagine my surprise when UPS said I had to pay an extra £29 upon delivery or my dress wouldn't be delivered! So I ended up paying over $60 in total for delivery to the UK.

Dress was also made of cheap material and nothing like the online picture - spent nearly $200 on a dress that I can even wear. Terrible

kenziea5
6/13/18

I ordered a dress 22 days ago and received it 15 days ago. I tried it on and it looks nothing like the picture, it was also huge on and I used the size chart so i was surprised when it was that baddy and loose on me. I went to return it today and it says I waited too long to return it. Before buying the dress I chatted with someone on the site about returns and they never mentioned anything about a time limit. Never will I use this site again and my friends will not either

kimberlyf85
6/12/18

I paid for two day shipping as my daughter would need the dress altered to a much smaller size. The customer service agent was snarky, non helpful and rude.
She offered NO solutions and I felt that she took pleasure in cutting the conversation to a halt.
All of the positives of this company and experience are countered when the dress doesnt arrive when expected and customer service is rude and non-helpful.
I hope that this was a one time experience that ended with me.

brittanyp63
6/12/18

I bought the white graduation dress with the laced back and when i got the dress i literally cried. The material looks so cheap. The dress looks like it costs about $25 and not $100. I had to purchase another dress to wear. Im 5'4" and pretty slim, the dress fitted well however the torso was waaay to short so instead of a big girl flair, i got a 5 year old princess dress flair. Do not buy this!

kimm481
6/7/18

Hi. I thought I would buy this dress for my senior prom. Cute right? WRONG. Don't get me wrong, I am 5'8 and pretty slim and the dress fit me perfectly. However, it was a bit tight on the hips and thighs, and my seamstress warned me that I must be careful because the fabric had NO stretch. I was very careful when sitting down. But just as I sat down for dinner...RIP! yup, I had to run to the bathroom and STAPLE my dress together in the bathroom of the lovely venue. The staples held together for the rest of the night, but once I sat in the limo...RIP. The staples had failed me. In conclusion, Do NOT buy this prom dress unless you would like to staple it together! Hope that helps (:

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
Each style on our site is a designer item and we apologize you had any issues with the dress! If you have any concerns with the order when it arrives, please contact us at that time for assistance or a return. Unfortunately once the dress has been altered and worn, we cannot offer a return or replacement. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
dorip3
6/7/18

I bought a couple of dresses here. The last dress I bought was way too big and did not know they have only a 7 day return policy. The company is located in India, also didn't know that, so you can get no management help.
Don't buy from here online, if it does not fit you are stuck with an expensive dress, they will not work with you at all on returns or exchanges!

Response from Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
We are located in the US and have a great return policy! Unfortunately it sounds like your order might have been placed with a different company. Please message us with your order number so we can look into this further. Thank you!
patricias472
6/6/18

Ordered a dress for my daughter for prom. It didn't quite fit- we thought with losing a few lbs it would be better but was not. Because we did not request a return within 7 days they would not accept it even though I was not looking for a refund just a credit. Tags still on it and never worn- very surprised by their response. Will never order from them again

cherylh191
6/6/18

My daughter is so happy with her dress great quality also very impressed how we got it so quick from USA to UK all round amazing

We are an authorized retailer of the designer dresses we sell and they are all original pieces! Customer pictures can be found on our Facebook wall and using the hashtag #PGonME on Instagram or Twitter. Please contact us if you have any questions and we would be happy to help!

By Marissa C., PromGirl Representative

We hope you love your purchase, but if you are not satisfied, we accept returns for a refund less a 10% restocking fee or for a full store credit as long as it is not marked final sale! Due to the seasonal nature of our merchandise, we do ask that you contact us within 7 days to receive the return authorization number. See our full policy located on our "Returns" page. Please contact us if you have any questions about the return policy!

By Marissa C., PromGirl Representative

The sizing will depend on the specific dress you're referring to on our site. The size charts provided are from the designer or manufacturer of the item to be used as a guide. It will recommend a size to accommodate the largest measurement but ultimately the sizing is up to you! Sometimes a dress might need alterations for the perfect fit if possible. Please note, for example, if your bust is in a Large and your waist is only larger by .5 inches, the option of a Large might fit. Feel free to contact us if you need any assistance!

By Marissa C., PromGirl Representative

Hello! That dress should arrive in time for an event on February 17th! If the dress is Due to Ship on January 23rd, it should arrive in 2-7 business days with the international expedited shipping option. Please contact our customer service department by phone, email, or chat on our website if you have any additional questions and we would be happy to help!

By Marissa C., PromGirl Representative

Hello Rachelle! All of the items on our site are designer originals in new condition. If you have any questions or concerns about the dress when it arrives, please contact us and we would be happy to help you!

By Marissa C., PromGirl Representative

We're an authorized retailer of the designer dresses we sell and we do not sell any replica items. The sizing will vary depending on the dress, but there is a size chart provided for each one from the designer. Please contact us directly if you have any further questions!

By Marissa C., PromGirl Representative

Hello Samantha! We hope you love your purchase, but if you are not satisfied, we accept returns for a refund less a 10% restocking fee or for a full store credit as long as it is not marked final sale! Due to the seasonal nature of our merchandise, we do ask that you contact us within 5 business days to receive the return authorization number. See our full policy located on our "Returns" page. Please contact us if there is anything we can assist you with!

By Marissa C., PromGirl Representative

Hello Gabby! All of the items on our site are designer originals in new condition. If you have any questions or concerns about the dress when it arrives, please contact us and we would be happy to help you!

By Marissa C., PromGirl Representative

We accept returns for a refund less a 10% restocking fee or for a full store credit as long as it is not marked as final sale! Due to the seasonal nature of our merchandise, we do ask that you contact us within 5 business days to receive the return authorization number. See our full policy located on our "Returns" page. Please contact us by phone, email, or chat if there is anything we can assist you with and we would be happy to help!

By Marissa C., PromGirl Representative

Hello Haley! We are an authorized retailer of the designer dresses and a Google Trusted Store! Unfortunately we are only able to get the sizes listed in the drop down menu that says "size" once you have selected the color. If the dress is available at a future date, it should still be listed, but with a due to ship date provided once the color and size are chosen. We apologize for any inconvenience!

By Marissa C., PromGirl Representative
Questions? Get answers from the PromGirl staff and other customers.

PromGirl?