Review of Poshmark

Bellevue, WA 98004
Tel: 1-800-378-4786

sapht
1/19/19

The site itself is visually appealing. I really like the ease of use. As a buyer, just make sure you get pics and descriptions from the seller that was you can hold sellers to it. I have found some hard to find items here; so I do like Poshmark for that.

However, this site is HORRIBLE for sellers! Very hard to make money. This site is full of low ballers! When I say low, I mean low! We should be able to set a cap for the low limit to accept, because some of the offers are ridiculous! After you sell, you have to wait until the item arrives, then wait until the buyer "accepts" which can take up to 3 days! Then it takes way too long to get paid. I should be able to transfer funds to Paypal for immediate pay. The process sucks!

brandb
1/17/19

Poshmark is amazing! The best way to clear out your closet & get great deals on designer brands!!! Sign up with the code BRANDBEAUTIES to earn $5!!!

melil1
1/16/19

bought a womens turtleneck shirt When received still had store tag. Store tag was T.J,Max who normaly sell defective items at a discount.For this reason I would not recommend buying from poshmark its Russian roulette.

poshu
1/13/19

Horrible app and 0 customer support! They now have some kind of system that checks for items that are fake duplicates of brands which obviously does Not work !!! So the system picked my item randomly and they locked my account... I wrote customer servers but they said they can not do anything at this point. I have been using this app for over 2 years and never saw this crazy thing before! I will NEVER use this horrible app before-- what a waist of my time listing all the products and writing description...

sallym176
1/6/19

I have gotten some good deals from this site but do your homework on the seller. Over 100 items listed? Avoid. These are people - often from places like NYC - who are desperate to sell and will lie to do so. They steal from donation bins and then sell the clothes to feed their drug habit. On the other hand you will find honest sellers, usually people with no more than 50 items listed who are just reselling clothes they never wear. Also Poshmark will also side with the seller since they are making a ton of money from these drug addicts. So do your homework.

josephw236
1/6/19

My wife ordered a pair of sneakers as a gift for me.They were supposedly delivered while i was at work.Never got the package.Neighbors know nothing.Never EVER in 5 years at this address has ANYONE lost or not recieved a package.Never accepted the order on the app since it was never recieved.Reported well within Poshmarks terms.Took them a week to basically tell us we are on our own.UNBELIEVEABLE...$142.00 down the drain.Worst experience with online shopping in my life.This is exactly why people are wary of 3rd party seller sites.I WILL TELL ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN TO FORGET ABOUT POSHMARK

claudiac112
1/4/19

I enjoy shopping at Poshmark where I can find almost anything I need for my closet.,I've bought many great quality shoes and clothes, I received them all and in great shape and with beautiful thank you cards.
I also love the fact you can search for things at the price you,re willing to spend.
I enjoy the shopping experience there and i've been very pleased with it. I would definitely recommend it.

suzannec135
1/3/19

POSHMARK only protects the buyer, never the seller. The seller doesn't get the money until the buyer decides to review/accept it. And the buyer can refuse/complain with ridiculous claims about a perfectly good item - lie, lie, lie - and the seller gets screwed. No more - I'm out!!

bv12
1/1/19

I have purchased 3 times on Poshmark, and have been pleased with every purchase. They were all as described, and received without issue. I am considering selling on Poshmark. The things I didn't like: no response from seller with questions, and the fact that the seller can just not send you the item you bought from them and get away with it. Any seller that posts an item, takes your money, and then just doesn't send you what you paid for is in the wrong, and it's unacceptable. These sellers should have their accounts suspended, and I don't know why Poshmark condones this behavior.

cecec5
12/30/18

ALERT! Poshmark retains buyers' personal bank info! I tried to use Paypal and Poshmark would only accept it if I agreed to "auto pay" which means buyers must give Poshmark the password to PayPal! ( or credit card numbers, which they retain). Who would trust Poshmark with passwords? They could can' possibly keep passwords secure! That's why I use Paypalso my account access isn'tarchived by Poshmark or any other company. BTW: Not all companies archiveebay doesn't.

jayg132
12/29/18
• Updated review

Update to try to help newer Poshers.

1. Your first sale is usually the hardest. Becoming successful on Poshmark takes time. That being said, I've been able to make more using poshmark than I have at my regular job over the past year. I don't devote my entire day to it, but I do engage daily & always answer questions.

2. Share, share, share.
Don't just share your own items, share the items of people who share yours. You're unlikely to do well in this community if you don't share. Followers are more often than not, people with similar taste & window shoppers. Some do buy, but don't assume your followers & your buyers are one in the same. That's a mistake I believe many people make. The more I've shared, the faster my own sales have become.

3. Good sellers will get back to you right away, offer to get you more photos & answer your questions. It's not an inconvenience. If they treat it like it is, find a different seller because ultimately, if you're unhappy, as a seller, I'm likely to be unhappy. Personally speaking, I also post videos of my merchandise and am happy to provide any information you need. My items are typically expensive & I expect questions.

4. 99.9% of anything labeled a VIP' designer gift is fake. If they're selling more than one, I'll double down even more on that statement. Do not buy them unless you know the truth & simply don't care.

5. Listen to what experienced Poshers have to say when it comes to lowball offers, how to avoid receiving junk, etc.

6. Remember, poshmark is an intermediary, not the actual seller of the goods in question. Like any other sales platform where you have individual sellers, quality & service will depend heavily on the person. Read love notes; some of us will show our 5 star reviews. If someone isn't active & doesn't reply quickly, move on. Chances of a good experience go down the less the person communicates. (Exception: you get a message that states their closet is on vacation until a specific date. That's the responsible way to close your closet but let people know you'll be back soon!)

7. Reach out to Poshers who know what's up. Most of us had mentors to help us along & we're happy to help you, too!

Find me at blankcanvaspm.

“Great IF You Learn Who To Buy From!”
6/23/18
• Previous review

Update to offer some help:
1. If a person has crappy pictures, be smartdo not buy from them! Now, Im not saying stick to styled pictures. Im saying, look at the sellers who give detailed pictures, even of small things.

2. If something feels off, thats because it probably is. Theres one girl who says shes in her early 20s & shes selling extremely expensive items but mostly, she trades. This isnt someone whos just good at consignment finds. A lot of her things are coming soon making me believe the majority is likely fake. Superfakes, but if its sketchy, just back away. Its probably not the deal, it seems to be.

3. Prices are higher on Poshmark than on eBay for some sellers because Posh takes a bigger cut. Some of the pro sellers like Rebag are definitely cheaper on eBay. That said, I only sell on Posh, but I see why this may be confusing. Just remember, each seller sets their own prices & in some cases, the condition of the items varies greatly.

4. Some of you are right: Posh IS part social network! Thats actually a good thing. Ive made several good friends. This is a benefit because its a way to grow your network and find buyers/sellers you can trust! It can be overwhelming (or annoying) depending on how you look at it, but dont overlook the benefits.

5. If a seller doesnt ship in 7 days CANCEL your sale. Just go in to your purchases & say theres a problem. Item hasnt shipped is all you need to check & youll be refunded. I never let a seller go beyond that time period. I get my things out the same day (next only if the post is closed) so by the end of a week, Im not waiting anymore.

I hope these things help you if youre new to Posh. Happy to answer questions or whatever.
I started out on Posh as more of a buyer... usually smaller items. Im now selling & doing quite well. For me, the trick was finding poshers with similar taste & closets & we all kind of look out for one another. I am one who lists my items high, however, I sell designer items almost exclusively. Theyre often lightly used (in many cases, you cant even see use) & in pristine condition. I send the items with their original boxes, dust bags, etc. as much as I possibly can & Ive only had 1 issue. That seller didnt even contact Posh. At first she claimed the package wasnt delivered, except that the tracking clearly stated it was. She made the mistake of then admitting it was delivered by marking it such on the app. She didnt open it & had the item sent back to me without saying anything. By then, her funds had been released bc she marked accepted on the app. Well I got the box, tried to contact her & she wouldnt talk to me. It was a case of buyers remorse but I already had transferred her cash out of my account. I asked for Poshs help because I cant refund without assistance. They, thankfully, did step in & help & I wasnt penalized because of the buyer.

All in all, its a great site, but people need to be smart. Its not a garage sale. Or if it is, its obvious in the listings. I use all available characters to describe my item, give measurements, etc. Its all authentic as Im a stylist. I have plenty of clothing & this is a way to make some money on things I wont wear/dont need anymore & I make neat finds. Ive also made some great friends.

Do your research. Ask other Poshers for help if youre concerned about a person or listing. Many of us will take the time to flag counterfeit item and warn you against them. Poshmark is good for serious sellers who want to deliver great CS and realize this takes time & effort. As a seller, I like that there are no returns & aside from the one girl, Ive had no issues. Im a 5 star seller. Yes, there are scammers & people who will try to trade for nothing, but its easy to weed them out. I only trade with a select few. I say use Posh... but make an effort to be involved with the people you follow & who follow you. Its a much better experience when you do, &, at least as Ive noticed, fewer people trying to scam.

mikelln1
12/28/18

Purchased red distressed sweater on small device that did not clearly show distressed areas of sweater. $40 worth of dissatisfaction that is trash can worthy only. During holidays did not open package until Christmas only to learn there is a 5 day return request policy. Totally unacceptable. The guarantee is you will be out the total cost of any items that do not meet your expectations if your are unable to instantly open the package & request a return slip within 5 days.

ggeraldb
12/28/18

I purchased a pair of jeans marked waist 32 inches but they were 35 inches. Poshmark and the seller annalisbowman1 would not accept the return. This was not a minor variation but a pair of mismarked pants. Posmark will not accept a return for ANY reason.

lisal580
12/27/18

Poshmark gave a customer of mine a refund, after she stated my item was not authentic (it was). This was after she tried to return it for another reason and poshmark sided with me. A month beyond the 3 day return period, a month after they deposited the funds in my account, they say my item is fake and I owe them the full amount, via paypal (they tell you to say they are friends and family so they can avoid the paypal fee) or they cancel my account. They refused to back down and canceled my account of 300 listed items, with 1900 followers and many, many five star reviews. And take your money! I'm moving my inventory to another site, poshmark needs to have a class action suit brought against them. Authentication department? I doubt that. Try an office suite in CA with peer reviews as your 'authentication dept.' Avoid!!

marleneg36
12/27/18

On Poshmark for a month - joined at the recommendation of a friend. Lots of time put into listing items, amassing followers, etc. No sales even first sale is given a promo discounted shipping charge to buyer. Many hours spent with nothing to show for it. No sales - nothing. Thanks but no thanks.

annf64
12/24/18

Randi she was my second of 2 experiences that suck. She sent me an item looks nothing like what i purchased. The first seller sent me a wallet good condition kate spade. NOT. the logo was rubbed off and the stitching to hold cc in place was pulled out. Then the one with the sweater in broken russian english told me i was mean. Yea? and you are a fake. This company needs to have an investigation by the attorney general for running a fraudulent site

nancyf192
12/24/18

7 days and item not shipped, they make you wait seven, they took my money and now have to go through the "refund process" My first and last time using poshmark.

leahp27
12/22/18

I purchased two items on Poshmark . I waited almost 3 weeks the seller would not ship what I paid for . I had to email over and over and over I could get no customer service . then I had to fight for over a week to try to get my money refunded . so they want to take your money and they don't care whether the seller sends the merchandise . This company is clearly only interested in ripping off people .

robg101
12/21/18

Paid for expedited shipping (1-3 days) Garment not sent out until day 7. Poshmark said that is acceptable...Really?

Online junk store - Beware

janec365
12/20/18

Avoid this seller, they will rip u off. Item unrecieved, no refund, no returned emails, no refund. They r so disgusting.....what a horrible experience

katiew146
12/19/18

I am confused by all the people who are angry they couldn't return something when it didn't fit or they simply didn't like it - you are buying something from an individual person, not a huge company or store. Poshmark is simply the tool connecting the two. Their frustration seems misplace because they wish the site worked in a way that it is not designed to do. If you want to be able to return something, buy it from an actual store. Anyways, my issue is with the site design and overall functionality which is poor. For example, if you use their "offer to likers" tool to offer a discount, you can only do so once every 90 days however nowhere does the site even mention this rule. So you can try to offer another, lower price and it simply won't let you do so without explaining why. Also, they will fill your feed with listings from people you don't follow - I'm sure based on some algorithm but it is incredibly frustrating because I hate going on my feed and seeing all this hideous crap I never would have liked in a million years. What is the point of following people if Poshmark is just going to show you some other stuff instead? There is no way to opt out of this so I've just started blocking those sellers so their stuff doesn't show up anymore. I feel like this site is designed by people who have never actually used the tool because there are many nonsensical attributes to it that make browsing for things very tedious and unenjoyable. Lastly, people will low ball you to death and that really takes some of the fun out of selling things. No, I will not sell you these $130 boots for $30. I wish Poshmark allowed sellers to set a minimum % of an offer in which they would consider accepting. That way it would weed out people who are basically trying to get things for free.

vincentr62
12/18/18

Had several questions before signing up. This company has been online for about 7 years and no available phone support. E-Mail only?? What's up with this?? Also they have a heavy fee they charge the minimum is $2.95 and you are required to use their shipping label which is another $7.00 fee up to 5 lbs. I should have the option of providing my own shipping label with tracking. Sounds like a raw deal for the buyer. Not so bad for the seller but the seller still has to pay the $2.95 fee. Ebay only takes 10% but they have a reduced fee postal option the seller has to pay which is usually way less than the standard $7.00 fee. Ebay has phone support.

samantham227
12/18/18

I would give no stars if possible. DO NOT recommend them for how they treat their sellers. I posted several Coach purses that I had bought at a Coach store a few years ago. I followed all of their rules and recommendations. Because another user saw my bags and questioned the Coach product tag, with the words 'Handcrafted in China', my listing was removed and I was marked as a monitored seller for offering 'fake' merchandise.
After looking at many other purses, bags, etc. from Coach on their site, I found that all of the listings had a similar label. I further researched and found that Coach has been making their handbags in China since 2002, and there are quotes from one of the CEO's about the efforts Coach has made to ensure quality out of China.
Poshmark should have known this. But instead they took the word of a Poshmark user. I sent an email to challenge the fraud claim, but after no response, I deleted my account. 2 days later, I get an email indicating they can't find my account. I responded, and again nothing. So long Poshmark, sometimes you just have to stick with the original selling website - Ebay.

judiw12
12/17/18

d DO NOT ORDER ON POSHMARK. Horrible returns policy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I ordered something that did not fit and was told , basically, "This isn't our problem". They said if the boots arrived as advertised, "tough luck" if they don't fit.
Ha Ha....so they took my $150 and I'm stuck with boots that don't work for me. The Goodwill gets them and I'll take a tax break. TERRIBLE BUSINESS. So,,,,,,,,forget this site NOW. scammers

teresac202
12/16/18

Do not buy off these people. I cancelled an order and they took my money and will not cancel order. The shipment did not ship to me as the buyer said.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

yes and no if you go outside of poshmark using google wallet.. pay pal or any other payment method yes! and if your don't pay attention and read the reviews on the closets....its like that with any business and app pay attention read if the deal sounds to good to be true then it is!.. dont ever go outside the app to make a payment I don't care if the seller giving you a cheaper price DONT DO IT!.. poshmark will not protect any outside payment even if they tell you they will mark the item down to 3.00 and use PM mailing label still DONT DO IT!.. .. if you get an item and its non authentic right away file a claim take pics upload the pics in the claim box poshmark will send you an return label via email you account will be credit!.. but you should be okay just shop smart pay attention to NEW CLOSETS. with HIGH END ITEMS!... when you see a closet with 10,00 plus that's a red flag they will not sell 10 plus on PM?! in one closet very usually! good luck!

By Jeanette k.

I have received every item I have ever bought on poshmark. It arrived on time and was in the exact condtion as was promised and how it appeared in the pics.

By Valorie F.

It took a long time, but today Poshmark said they refunded the entire purchase amount plus shipping because the booties I ordered were misrepresented. It took About a month and a half. Two times they offered me small credits toward another Poshmark purchase. I filed a very well documented (12 pages of emails, screen shots of the ad and screen shots of dialogue between me and the seller, Kimology) fraud claim with my credit card company, and I emailed Poshmark's customer service to advise them. Two days later they told me they were refunding my money. We'll see if that happens. Poshmark's customer service is terrible, but persistence paid off. Best of luck to you!

By Virginia P.

I mean why do you care about a picture? The shoes are no longer in your possession and you got the money that you sold them for why does it matter what price they put them up for ? Then you gotta think they have seller fees so they would have to price them at $70 just to get the $50 back that they paid for them. Stop being petty smh

By Pookie P.

Ask probing questions: non-smoker? Ever been dry cleaned? How worn is it? Cats? Etc

By meg w.

I have the total opposite reaction to this question. This mystery group that decides what the outcome will be is ridiculous. You can't talk to anyone, and my last attempt to get support through emails, took one month! Not a fan of learning who the good sellers are by trial and error...

By Stephanie H.

She probably stalked the other seller's listing and found you commented on the item you purchased. So technically, yes they can see what you buy as long as you commented something on the purchased listing.

By Ro Y.

Make sure you ask for authenticity!! I have a pair I'm happy with.

By Inge K.

Have you sent an email to Poshmark support? I have before and they did respond

By Robyn A.

Where it says "comment" click. Write your question and put the "@" symbol with the username next to it. Like this "@username". Then hit send!

By Lily W.
Questions? Get answers from the Poshmark staff and other customers.

Poshmark?