Review of Gazelle

customercare@gazelle.com

peter58
6/19/19

Sent them very nice iPhone 7 like new offered me 200 than after they got it
Said it was scratched said offer now
100 phone had no scratches at all
Run from them

jamesm1817
6/12/19

I sent my pristine Iphone in and at first they said I had Find my Iphone on. I knew i didn't so i called them to have them recheck. After that they were claiming the device was scratched and not unlocked when it had no scratches and was in fact unlocked. I am waiting for it to be returned and I am glad I took pictures of it ahead of time and can confirm the phone condition and IMEI. Do yourself a favor and do not do business with this company.

miked620
6/6/19

Like many people, Gazelle lowered the money offered by $100 after they received it. The phone was kept in an Otter case and had a screen protector from the second I bought the phone brand new. How does a phone get scratched when in an Otter case? I examined the phone too before I sent it in and there were ZERO SCRATCHES. ZERO. Z - E - R - O. So, I call BS on Gazelle's business model and had them send back phone. I wonder how many people that just agree to take their lowball offer.

unsatisfiedc32
6/1/19

I was promised $150 for my iPhone. After I sent in my phone, Gazelle notified me that my offer was updated to $50 (yes, $100 less than originally promised) because 1) my phone was not unlocked and 2) it had too many scratches. Both of these are false. My phone was indeed unlocked, and it had basically no scratches. I asked them to explain why they lied to me. They gave no explanation but still immediately updated my offer to $110, still $40 less but with the same two reasons. So now my phone is worth $110 instead of $50 even though the reasons for why it's not worth the original $150 is the same? What is wrong with them? Only when this happened did I search up reviews for Gazelle and realize that the same thing has happened to way too many people. I wish I had known that before, otherwise I would've never gone through with the hassle of interacting with Gazelle.

vanessam171
5/21/19

They promised $63 for my I-Phone the changed their minds and said $9 because it was scratched, A NEW PHONE? I took a video before sending it for this reason, these people are liars thinking we are fools ... stay away!

johna1287
5/16/19

Gazelle switch my excellent condition phone when I refused the lower offer they sent me. they sent me back and old scratch up phone save your time and your phone they bait and switch BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

johnm2911
5/11/19

Their entire business model is based on bait and switch.
They bait you with the offer for your device, only to receive it and switch the offer (always lower).
Run away and look elsewhere to sell your devices.

brentm218
4/30/19

There is a better company based in Missouri called Tronics Pay. Stay away from Gazelle. Tronics Pay is legit and do not scam. They will buy many brands of smart phones. They buy smart watches. They buy ipods and iPads and iPhones. They buy Sony, LG, Nokia, Motorola and more. Visit www.TronicsPay.com to sell your phone.

mannyc12
4/27/19

I have an iphone 6s I was trying to sell. I went to the Sprint store and they were going to offer me a $70 in store credit for it but I opted to go with Gazelle since they offer cash. The phone is only about 8 months old as my previous 6s had to get replaced through my insurance plan. Sprint said the phone was in perfect condition.
The initial estimate that Gazelle sent me was $120 which sounded great. I did make an error and accidentally selected iphone 6splus rather than 6s.
When I got the quote from Gazelle they downgraded the quote to $3! The reason was that they claimed my screen was cracked and that the phone had an unacceptable amount of scratches. I thought perhaps the phone may have been damaged enroute to the Gazelle office.

I turned down their offer and had the phone sent back to me. When I received it it's still in its perfect condition. The rep I spoke to did not have any answers and said I could send it again if I wanted to.

Complete waste of time.

deborahy29
4/5/19

I have used Gazelle once before without a hitch. April 1st I purchased a used AT&T IPhone again, went to my AT&T store to add to my account only to be told the previous owner did not pay off the phone and the one I received could not be used as the IMEI was reported. Emailed Gazelle twice with no response so I phoned and was given a rude customer service rep who told me to return it but could not give me an ETA on how long until a refund would be credited and stated I needed to provide info from AT&T stating the phone was not paid off??? Will not use Gazelle again, now I am out 400$ and have a stolen phone!

bobs619
4/3/19

I shipped an Ipad to Gazelle in excellent condition. The iPad sat on my desk for years and did not have a mark on it. I packed and shipped in the Gazelle USPS box. The box is half the thickness of former boxes from Gazelle. Now they claim the iPad arrived cracked. Too bad for me. I won't use this option again.
Bob S
Massach

connorw34
3/25/19

Paid for a phone on a monday with Expedited shipping. Nothing happens all week. I call on Friday and " your order got lost in our distribution system" and they told me they wouldn't have ever known if I hadn't called. They said they "dont have alerts for this kind of thing". Seriously? You dont have alerts for customer orders placed with "X" shipping that arent fulfilled in "X" time? SEEMS LIKE THE #1 ALERT THAT AN ECOMMERCE SITE SHOULD HAVE. They said they would push it through on Monday. I call again on Monday for an update...gues what....NOTHING HAS HAPPENED. No sign of anything happening on their end. Overall, terrible experience. This was my first time using this site and I'm never using it again. It's the end of day 8 after purchasing and have no idea when my phone will be delivered.

anthonyt195
3/21/19

I purchased an iphone from gazelle and after the 7 business days waiting for delivery was told the phone was not in stock. I was offered a second phone that was suppose to be in stock and ready to be delivered only to find out after 14 business days, without notice. That this phone was also not in stock after they assured me on the phone that it was !!!! After a three and a half week odyssey they told me that the company did not have any phones to meet my order and would not upgrade me to another phone that they had in stock and would have to cancel my order. Gazelle is a terrible company that will not go the extra mile to please a customer even though it is their FAULT for promising phones that they don't have. Everyone who decides to purchase from them be aware that just because you find the phone on their site, confirm and pay for it, doesn't mean you will get it and more than likely will get the run around.

jacobf74
3/16/19

I ordered a Google Pixel 2 128GB and received a 64GB version. I red in the reviews that there are more people who have had the same issue, but I still wanted to give it a chance. Customer service is horrible too. I'm returning the phone and will never use Gazelle ever again. Be cautious buying from this place..

andrews598
3/12/19

sent in early ipad mini....perfect conditon.....estimated $45.......offered $5....boiler plate return scratch etc.....non existent.....apple store offered more and no defects.....

reagant1
2/26/19

I tried purchasing an iPhone XS from them. It is advertised on their website clearly that it takes two business days for them to process an order because they must check the phone for quality assurance. After FIVE (5) business days, I called their customer service rep and was told that due to an "engineering error", the warehouse couldn't see my order which is why it hadn't been processed. I was then told that they created a ticket to push my order forward and that they upgraded my shipping overnight. I asked to be sure and they said I should see an email the following day that my order had been processed. I checked again the next day and there was nothing. I waited until this Monday, which at this point had been SEVEN (7) business days, and called again and got a different costumer service rep. She told me that she saw the ticket and that it had been pushed forward, but that "they usually take 4-7 business days to process"....but it's advertised online as 2 business days. Then, now one day later, I have two emails saying Gazelle has cancelled my order because it "cannot be processed" and that they are sending me my refund. IT BETTER BE HERE IN 3-5 DAYS LIKE THEY SAID.

jamesb1421
2/6/19

Sent them my new iPhone xs max and they claimed it had an unpaid balance from my carrier. I purchased the phone directly from apple and it was paid in full. Waiting to see what kind of condition it comes back.

miker586
1/30/19

I bought two iPhone 6S Plus phones from Gazelle. Both needed new batteries within 90 days. With many sellers of used iPhones, a new battery is part if their refurbished phones. Not so with Gazelle.
The worst part is when I sent them a request regarding this through their website, I never got a response. They could have replied and said " we don't do batteries" but instead I got NOTHING for a response. Piss poor customer service.

melaniel90
1/22/19

I sent in a literally brand new Samsung Galaxy S9, I won one and already had one so I took it out of the original box and put it into the Gazelle box and sent it in. I was quoted $215. Four days later I get an email that they could only offer me $120 because my device was not flawless but had signs of wear and scratches. I replied to the email that wasnt possible as it was a brand new device and was told they would need 3-5 days to reassess it. I checked the USPS tracking info and Gazelle didnt even have my phone yet! It wasnt delivered until the day after they sent the email low balling me. I emailed again with a screen shot of the tracking info and within a couple of hours I got an email that they had sent me the full quoted $215 via PayPal. Had I not been on top of it they would have gotten away with scamming me! Never again will I use them!

johnm2682
1/20/19

I received a quote of $305 in December 2018 for a Pixel 2 XL 128gb in great condition. Once they received my device AND the original charger, they tried to say that my device was not as described and tried to low-ball me only $185. Falsely rated condition by this awful company, I refused the offer and requested that they send my device back. They sent back my device but kept my Pixel charger and cable . Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this crooked company Gazelle!

am466
1/14/19

The same day I made an order I read these reviews and canceled. They said that they couldn't cancel so I had to wait for it to deliver to my house. It shouldn't be any problem at all to cancel my package especially since they just received the order, I find that strange..

kiarac11
1/9/19

I ordered an "excellent" iphone 8, THEY SHIPPED MY DEVICE 7 DAYS AFTER I ORDERED IT. They kept making the excuse that they were still inspecting it, DON'T LIST THE PHONE ON THE SITE IF ITS NOT INSPECTED THEN. 2 weeks later, my device came and everything seemed fine EXCEPT the speakers at the bottom. They were absolutely FRIED. And this was the "EXCELLENT" model. Unacceptable. Save yourself the trouble and just buy from apple directly. I need to return this phone asap, its unfair that they made me wait such a long time for a phone that isn't even worth it. Please don't buy from them. They seem to be deleting reviews because ALL the reviews om their site are positive. They have a bad reputation, and I realized too late. They SCAM innocent people and damage their sent devices. They also lower the quote they give you so they can essentially STEAL your phone. Make sure you call them directly to get ANYTHING through to them, THEY WILL MAKE YOU WAIT DAYS IF YOU EMAIL THEM. Terrible.

elizabethe140
1/8/19

I was originally quoted $125 for my used iPhone 7 64GB. I mailed it in and today received an email saying that they could not offer me any value for the phone due to a "Not flawless device" - "We found some signs of wear; therefore your phone cannot be considered flawless." and "Scratches" - "We found some scratches that are more significant than expected." My phone had a few minor scratches near the charging area, but no cracked or scratched screen, and no other damage. I'm having
it sent back to me now -- hopefully I can find somewhere that will give me a fair price!

reneeb166
1/5/19

Gazelle gave me an great offer for my iphone 7. It wasn't even 2 years old, and was flawless- had a screen saver and cover since purchase. I reset the device and removed the sims card. Gazelle emails me that the phone was not as represented- that it had scratches and "flaws", and was "un-locked"- not a Verizon phone as I had indicated. They then made me an offer of 1/3 the original offer. I had them send the phone back, and promptly sold it through another site for close to the original offer. Stay away!

rickj113
1/4/19

Gazelle offered me $190 then lowered to $140 saying. " Not Flawless Device: We found some signs of wear; therefore, your device cannot be considered flawless.
Scratches: We found some scratches that are more significant than expected." seem to be standard answers once they receive your phone as a means to lower their offer. My phone stayed in a protective case and also had a protective screen cover installed since day 1 and was flawless. I declined their offer and it's been over two weeks and I still haven't received my phone back yet. If you're desperate enough to use their service I highly recommend you take good photos of your phone before you send it in.

If your looking for the nightmare of your life do business with this scammers. If you want to get sick and hope that you make time goes back so you can stop it. Their $#*!ing $#*!s customers service is suck

By Mike z.

I would not buy from or sell to Gazelle regardless of what they claim.

By Joe C.

No! Dishonest! Had to file a dispute with my credit card company tinged my money back and that took 3 months

By Cindy w.

Call them, annoy them to give you a shipping label, and file a claim on paypal (if you did use paypal). This will ensure you get your money back (hopefully). Do some research about paypal claims and how to escalate them.

By Kat V.

CALL THEM!! They seem to SUCK at answering emails, those incompetent fools. If you bought something, I wouldn't trust it. Make a paypal claim (if you used that) if they don't respond after this. Escalate the claim if they don't comply.

By Kat V.

My iPhone was stolen in NC. I had tracking on and it turned up in their store in Louisville KY. So if you want to buy a stolen phone they have one for you.

By Chuck M.

I don't think so. DON'T BUY FROM THEM, they don't care about quality for the customer!!! They scam innocent people.

By Kat V.

I just purchased a "good condition" AT&T IPhone April 1st from them it looks new except AT&T just informed me the original owner still owes a balance on it. Buy elsewhere.

By Deborah Y.

Don't buy from gazelle. They send u damaged product and they don't refund you when you send it back. Be sure to use your credit card IF you fo purchase from this rip off company so WHEN they rip you off the credit card company can deal with them. Only a matter of time before they go out of business or get shut down Unscrupulous BS ARTISTS. servc department has every excuse in the book why you haven't gotten your refund. Paid thru PayPal and Gazelle actually told me they couldn't refund me cause me/PayPal has a claim against them for my refund returned purchase that they haven't refunded. They ripped me off for $455 I'm PISSED. if I don't get my money by 7 th then I will contact credit card company that funds the PayPal account. BEWARE

By Bob E.

Typically you can just get a new SIM card from your phone company. The fact your Gazelle phone did not come with one should not be a problem.

By Daniel B.
Questions? Get answers from the Gazelle staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Gazelle