Review of Gazelle

Boston, MA 02210, US
customercare@gazelle.com

anthonyt195
3/21/19

I purchased an iphone from gazelle and after the 7 business days waiting for delivery was told the phone was not in stock. I was offered a second phone that was suppose to be in stock and ready to be delivered only to find out after 14 business days, without notice. That this phone was also not in stock after they assured me on the phone that it was !!!! After a three and a half week odyssey they told me that the company did not have any phones to meet my order and would not upgrade me to another phone that they had in stock and would have to cancel my order. Gazelle is a terrible company that will not go the extra mile to please a customer even though it is their FAULT for promising phones that they don't have. Everyone who decides to purchase from them be aware that just because you find the phone on their site, confirm and pay for it, doesn't mean you will get it and more than likely will get the run around.

jacobf74
3/16/19

I ordered a Google Pixel 2 128GB and received a 64GB version. I red in the reviews that there are more people who have had the same issue, but I still wanted to give it a chance. Customer service is horrible too. I'm returning the phone and will never use Gazelle ever again. Be cautious buying from this place..

andrews598
3/12/19

sent in early ipad mini....perfect conditon.....estimated $45.......offered $5....boiler plate return scratch etc.....non existent.....apple store offered more and no defects.....

reagant1
2/26/19

I tried purchasing an iPhone XS from them. It is advertised on their website clearly that it takes two business days for them to process an order because they must check the phone for quality assurance. After FIVE (5) business days, I called their customer service rep and was told that due to an "engineering error", the warehouse couldn't see my order which is why it hadn't been processed. I was then told that they created a ticket to push my order forward and that they upgraded my shipping overnight. I asked to be sure and they said I should see an email the following day that my order had been processed. I checked again the next day and there was nothing. I waited until this Monday, which at this point had been SEVEN (7) business days, and called again and got a different costumer service rep. She told me that she saw the ticket and that it had been pushed forward, but that "they usually take 4-7 business days to process"....but it's advertised online as 2 business days. Then, now one day later, I have two emails saying Gazelle has cancelled my order because it "cannot be processed" and that they are sending me my refund. IT BETTER BE HERE IN 3-5 DAYS LIKE THEY SAID.

jamesb1421
2/6/19

Sent them my new iPhone xs max and they claimed it had an unpaid balance from my carrier. I purchased the phone directly from apple and it was paid in full. Waiting to see what kind of condition it comes back.

miker586
1/30/19

I bought two iPhone 6S Plus phones from Gazelle. Both needed new batteries within 90 days. With many sellers of used iPhones, a new battery is part if their refurbished phones. Not so with Gazelle.
The worst part is when I sent them a request regarding this through their website, I never got a response. They could have replied and said " we don't do batteries" but instead I got NOTHING for a response. Piss poor customer service.

melaniel90
1/22/19

I sent in a literally brand new Samsung Galaxy S9, I won one and already had one so I took it out of the original box and put it into the Gazelle box and sent it in. I was quoted $215. Four days later I get an email that they could only offer me $120 because my device was not flawless but had signs of wear and scratches. I replied to the email that wasnt possible as it was a brand new device and was told they would need 3-5 days to reassess it. I checked the USPS tracking info and Gazelle didnt even have my phone yet! It wasnt delivered until the day after they sent the email low balling me. I emailed again with a screen shot of the tracking info and within a couple of hours I got an email that they had sent me the full quoted $215 via PayPal. Had I not been on top of it they would have gotten away with scamming me! Never again will I use them!

johnm2682
1/20/19

I received a quote of $305 in December 2018 for a Pixel 2 XL 128gb in great condition. Once they received my device AND the original charger, they tried to say that my device was not as described and tried to low-ball me only $185. Falsely rated condition by this awful company, I refused the offer and requested that they send my device back. They sent back my device but kept my Pixel charger and cable . Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this crooked company Gazelle!

am466
1/14/19

The same day I made an order I read these reviews and canceled. They said that they couldn't cancel so I had to wait for it to deliver to my house. It shouldn't be any problem at all to cancel my package especially since they just received the order, I find that strange..

kiarac11
1/9/19

I ordered an "excellent" iphone 8, THEY SHIPPED MY DEVICE 7 DAYS AFTER I ORDERED IT. They kept making the excuse that they were still inspecting it, DON'T LIST THE PHONE ON THE SITE IF ITS NOT INSPECTED THEN. 2 weeks later, my device came and everything seemed fine EXCEPT the speakers at the bottom. They were absolutely FRIED. And this was the "EXCELLENT" model. Unacceptable. Save yourself the trouble and just buy from apple directly. I need to return this phone asap, its unfair that they made me wait such a long time for a phone that isn't even worth it. Please don't buy from them. They seem to be deleting reviews because ALL the reviews om their site are positive. They have a bad reputation, and I realized too late. They SCAM innocent people and damage their sent devices. They also lower the quote they give you so they can essentially STEAL your phone. Make sure you call them directly to get ANYTHING through to them, THEY WILL MAKE YOU WAIT DAYS IF YOU EMAIL THEM. Terrible.

elizabethe140
1/8/19

I was originally quoted $125 for my used iPhone 7 64GB. I mailed it in and today received an email saying that they could not offer me any value for the phone due to a "Not flawless device" - "We found some signs of wear; therefore your phone cannot be considered flawless." and "Scratches" - "We found some scratches that are more significant than expected." My phone had a few minor scratches near the charging area, but no cracked or scratched screen, and no other damage. I'm having
it sent back to me now -- hopefully I can find somewhere that will give me a fair price!

reneeb166
1/5/19

Gazelle gave me an great offer for my iphone 7. It wasn't even 2 years old, and was flawless- had a screen saver and cover since purchase. I reset the device and removed the sims card. Gazelle emails me that the phone was not as represented- that it had scratches and "flaws", and was "un-locked"- not a Verizon phone as I had indicated. They then made me an offer of 1/3 the original offer. I had them send the phone back, and promptly sold it through another site for close to the original offer. Stay away!

rickj113
1/4/19

Gazelle offered me $190 then lowered to $140 saying. " Not Flawless Device: We found some signs of wear; therefore, your device cannot be considered flawless.
Scratches: We found some scratches that are more significant than expected." seem to be standard answers once they receive your phone as a means to lower their offer. My phone stayed in a protective case and also had a protective screen cover installed since day 1 and was flawless. I declined their offer and it's been over two weeks and I still haven't received my phone back yet. If you're desperate enough to use their service I highly recommend you take good photos of your phone before you send it in.

dawnr153
12/18/18

Gazelle makes the entire process easy and simple. I was able to bring my Mac to a FedEx shipping store and paid for the box and packing. And within a week I had my payment from Gazelle in my PayPal account. Easy simple and convenient. Turned my old computer into usable cash.

samr210
12/15/18

I am puzzled about how some reviews are so favorable and others so bad. My experience
was in the horrible category. I sent in 4 devises in near perfect condition and they lowered the offer by a total of $165. I rejected the offer and requested they be returned in the Apple boxes they were sent in, but they responded that was not possible.
I will never consider using this service again!

salvatores16
12/14/18

I sent devices in - no problem there. But buying a device was a bit of a mess... received a non-activating iPhone, and sent it back. Purchased a replacement. There is an entire "claims department" that I kept getting bounced back to, so this must happen a lot. Every time I called (they never called ME to follow up on the return, etc) I got a new Claim ID. Kind of a mess. But, in the end it seems to have worked out... still waiting on my refund though.

dennist97
12/14/18

Packaged my iPhone 7 up and made sure everything was turned off and reset to factory settings. They received the phone on Or about 11//18/18. I got another email two days later saying "hurry and send in your phone". Very odd. I finally checked the website on the 24th of November and it said "please contact us we need more info". I mean what company would not email you to say this?? I emailed them and asked what info they need. They stated they wanted to ask if I turned off find my iPhone and everything else. Lol. I mean to reset to factory settings you have to do this, if they'd just turn on the phone they'd see it was reset. If they'd emailed me prior and asked I could have said yes. I reply and say yes. I wait and wait and now it's December 10th, this after saying it'll only take 3-5 days to check it in. Over two weeks!!! I email and ask what the hell is going on and they say "it looks like maybe the phone is still tied to an account". Again, you wait two weeks and for me to email to say this??????? Insane to me. I said screw you send the fuc**ng phone back. Please please avoid this company. There are WAY too many companies that offer to buy your phone and pay the same or more. Don't do it!! Worst experience ever.

ankurk10
12/13/18

I love how effortless, efficient, and effective Gazelle is. Efficiency is doing the thing right, and effectiveness is doing the right thing; they do it all!

half12
12/12/18

I have sold several devices to Gazelle. They are easy to work with, and generally the best deal for selling old electronics. Other than going to Nextdoor or Craig's List, both of which are a pain, Gazelle seems to buy at the best prices around.

bethm219
12/12/18

The process for sending in and receiving payment for my item was super easy. I'd definitely use Gazelle again.

courtneyw123
12/11/18

Couldn't have been easier. They ship the box and label just need to place your phone and drop off at the mailbox. Everything including shipping and receiving my check was completed within 10 days!

milesa8
12/7/18

Fast and easy. Gazelle worked perfectly.

I sold my old iPhone. The main thing is to make sure you describe the exact condition of your device so they can give you accurate pricing information. They do thoroughly check out your device so you need to be up front and honest about the condition of your device when you request the box.

Payment was prompt.

I would absolutely use Gazelle again.

lorenzp2
12/7/18

This is the second time I sell a phone to Gazelle. Each time, they paid what was represented on the sales page. And I received the gift card within a couple of days or three or so. So I think the purchasing service is great.

anthonyc376
12/7/18

Fast, easy and,fair. Got my box in a few days, sent my item back(postage paid) after receiving a fair appraisal. Get an email response after the had received the item and, the cash was in my paypal account in a day. Awesome!

marcoz13
12/6/18

Gazelle offered me $230 then lowered to $160 saying. " Not Flawless Device: We found some signs of wear; therefore, your device cannot be considered flawless.
Scratches: We found some scratches that are more significant than expected."
This phone was near flawless with a brand new batters. It had a couple of very "fine" scrstches which were hardly noticeable. It appears they offer offer then lower once they get your phone.

If your looking for the nightmare of your life do business with this scammers. If you want to get sick and hope that you make time goes back so you can stop it. Their $#*!ing $#*!s customers service is suck

By Mike z.

I would not buy from or sell to Gazelle regardless of what they claim.

By Joe C.

No! Dishonest! Had to file a dispute with my credit card company tinged my money back and that took 3 months

By Cindy w.

Call them, annoy them to give you a shipping label, and file a claim on paypal (if you did use paypal). This will ensure you get your money back (hopefully). Do some research about paypal claims and how to escalate them.

By Kat V.

CALL THEM!! They seem to SUCK at answering emails, those incompetent fools. If you bought something, I wouldn't trust it. Make a paypal claim (if you used that) if they don't respond after this. Escalate the claim if they don't comply.

By Kat V.

I don't think so. DON'T BUY FROM THEM, they don't care about quality for the customer!!! They scam innocent people.

By Kat V.

Don't buy from gazelle. They send u damaged product and they don't refund you when you send it back. Be sure to use your credit card IF you fo purchase from this rip off company so WHEN they rip you off the credit card company can deal with them. Only a matter of time before they go out of business or get shut down Unscrupulous BS ARTISTS. servc department has every excuse in the book why you haven't gotten your refund. Paid thru PayPal and Gazelle actually told me they couldn't refund me cause me/PayPal has a claim against them for my refund returned purchase that they haven't refunded. They ripped me off for $455 I'm PISSED. if I don't get my money by 7 th then I will contact credit card company that funds the PayPal account. BEWARE

By Bob E.

Typically you can just get a new SIM card from your phone company. The fact your Gazelle phone did not come with one should not be a problem.

By Daniel B.

They will catch mistakes like this when they evaluate your phone. At that point, they will issue you a new lower quote for you phone. You don't really need to worry about it or do anything but wait for their evaluation.

By Daniel B.

My experience is that they will take your phone and pay you nothing.

By Joe C.
Questions? Get answers from the Gazelle staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Gazelle