Publishers Clearing House (PCH) reviews

Tel: 1-800-645-9242
privacychoices@pch.com

melissac6
7/16/13

Hi everyone! Well, I love PCH. Even though it's kinda hard to win stuff because so many people enter, this website is LEGIT! I played a game called Quiz4Cash, I think it was like in early 2009 when they had the game (got cancelled since), it was a great game. I received 2 $200 checks from them. It was awesome, because I was unemployed at the time. I just wanted to let everyone know my experience with them as being legit when I played their games and DID receive money about a month after I claimed it on their site. I still play their sweepstakes games. Just wanted to say that they are the real deal.

nancym20
6/30/13

i did one of there scratch cards and they said i won 100 bucks i want to know if its a scam

bobbiem12
6/14/13

i have won with pch and im waiting to win again to help my disabled family ,son and mom and self ,, i won a dollar 1n 2000 and was over whelmed and thought it was a joke but soon realised it was a first in a line of checks that pch sends out so im told im waiting we will see but het keeping the faith every one should play and never stop it increases the amounts you can win and your chances are better as well !

leisak1
5/23/13

They say you could win but I never see it I have received final notice finish step and u won and nothing

juliab24
5/14/13

DONT GIVE THEM YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. I was dumb enough to enter my email address on one of the PCH giveaways - and since then I am bombarded with SPAM. In the 8 years I have had my gmail account, I have never had Spam in my InBox. Since giving PCH my email address, I get spam every day now.
DO NOT let them get their hands on your EMAIL address.

mariann31
4/28/13

PCH has been around A very long time, if they were A scam they would not be operating for 50+ years? People do your research :) You may have very slim odds of winning but that don't mean no1 wins! I mean some people have been entering for 40 or more years, think about it, there is a lot of people entering and only 1 can win! But it can happen! And by the way I do not work for PCH :)

geraldv7
4/19/13

I don't know if the sweepstakes entries are legit or not. There is no way to tell. However, i can tell you that the merchandise they sell is of very poor quality. The good news is that if you send it back they give you a 100% refund, no questions asked. I have stopped ordering from them because not one item has ever been satisfactoty. An read the fine print about the shipping charges. They really get you there.

krispis
4/12/13

They overcharge on shipping if you buy anything other than magazines. I purchased a CD and they billed me $8 for shipping!!! It does not cost $8 to mail a CD. I was playing one of the contest games and it actually looked like I would win a large amount of money and suddenly........the page froze and could not be recovered.

giw1
2/28/13

Went to web site to enter sweepstakes and an online web site order # 304335075XX was processed in error totaling $14.96? When I received the e-mail order confirmation I contacted PCH at 1 800 459 4724 on 02/26/2013 to CANCEL the order and was told by ROBERT that the order had not yet shipped?
I was told to call back to assure that the order was in fact CANCELLED? On 02/27/2013 I telephoned to 1 800 459 4724 and was told by BRAD that the order
shipped out on 02/19/2013 by tracking # 9102 9270 1035 7868 XX23 XX and that
NO BILL WAS DUE since the order was CANCELLED? I asked if I could refuse delivery of the shipment and was told by BRAD "no" just gift it away. Not sure I
would ever order from PCH because I am put into an awkward position now to
pay for a CANCELLED order that PCH shipped and was processed in error? It has been an issue to get the matter resolved to date as e-mails have been ignored? I never received an e-mail informing me that the order had shipped and when I spoke with ROBERT on 02/26/2013 he did not provide me with valid order status information? Be very careful when entering the PCH sweepstakes that no
orders are processed in error!!!!!!!

brittennie
1/30/13

I just got an email from pch and it has a picture of a check saying ill will 5000 a week on the 28th of feb. has anyone got that or is this just a scam cause pch has been sending me tons of emails but non saying they want my bank accounts or anything i just want to know if this is a scam or not cause i saw the commercial on tv and i entered in the begining of this month.

miltonj3
1/4/13

every time you sign up on big five million play well i kept getting tthe same return and no way to complete the signup also a notice from google that the page was being directed in a manner so it could not be completed,very sorry way to do business.

brianh46
12/7/12

Just saw someone trash publishers clearing house, WTF? of course they are selling magazines and other merchandise, what do you think they are some billionaire who give out money for fun?
I have found them to be just what they say they are! I do not buy anything i do not want, however I do look at the stuff they have. I have found some real nice deals on things like you see on QVC and other TV offerings. As well the GAMES ARE FUN! if they send anything you do not like they unsubscribe faster than any I have seen and it is easy. I would say if anyone is unhappy with PCH it is their own fault for expecting too much. It is what it is and I LIKE IT!

sm297
10/17/12

They send you an email everyday expecting you to buy their cheap expensive junk or magazines. If you don't respond everyday, they tell you, you are not going to win, someone else will & you will forfeit everything.

sharonb16
3/3/12

Site doesn't function well - many times the game freezes & you lose everything. Happens a lot on the "10x tokens" games. I've played zillions of hours & never won anything. Nothing. Watched 100000 ads. msgames games are better done. PCH doesn't even let members communicate. It has this "level up" trick that makes you think you'll get something, but you get nothing. Very hard to reach them & get answers.

hm6
7/4/11

I wasn't going to review this site, but since they do sell things it made the cut. I was surprised at all the people who said they got scammed by PCH that I was reading on a different consumer site.

I play PCHlotto regularly and It's fun! And I don't have to buy a ticket!
They also have a blog about their trips to find winners. They will find you if you are on vacation. They will sit and wait for you to come home from the store. The Prize Patrol is a SURPRISE with their giant check and flowers and champagne! That IS the first time a winner knows they won!

Sometimes other companies pose as PCH and say you have won prizes but it is usually a phishing scam. You may want to check your computer for a virus or spyware that knows you have been to PCH. I think if people were more careful online they would realize that they had clicked a popup-window that was an ad on a PCH site. There's a window that pops up and says I won when the PCHloto is loading the games page. I just hit the "X" and close that window because it is NOT PCH!. They do have "offers" at the end before they enter you for 10 million bucks but if you wait for the entire page to load at the bottom you will see a button to "skip" those offers. I get their emails too and have no problem entering or getting to the end of an entry without buying something.

Also, I have entered by mail for years before the internet and would occasionally order their random gadgets. I have never had a problem with them. I didn't get charged for items and they didn't ship me things I never ordered. So, either I am very lucky or some other folks on consumer affairs got scammed by a company pretending to be PCH!

The whole point of the Prize Patrol is to surprise the winner. You won't get paperwork in the mail to win a prize. You don't have to pay for your prize either! Just taxes, unless you won the tax free drawing! They do word things at times to make your heart jump, but it's just a come on to get you to open the email.
I think PCH shaped up after they got in trouble for misleading the elderly. They do have fun games to play as well. You may have to watch an ad first but you can win tokens to earn more entries on most games. The more entries you have the higher your odds of winning.

tomw12
4/9/11

Is there any cyber laws that exists? How do all these bogus PTC sites exist? Where is Interpol or FBI's cyber Division when you need them? I'm sure theres some law being broken. There is hundreds of these PTC sites that exist. Is (PCH)Publishers Clearing House the largest PTC site there is? Whats the manic urge/desire for people to join? Their odds of winning are only 1 in 1.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.
The odds of actually winning a Publishers Clearing House Sweepstake is so astronomical, you'd be more likely getting mauled by a Grizzly Bear and a Polar Bear both together under the New York City Subway System. Hay Chris Hansen...

sophien
10/19/09

These sweepstakes sites, Publisher's Clearing House and others, really make me angry. They target the poor, under-educated and elderly, promising big cash prizes and playing on their hopes and dreams, when in reality all they are trying to do is sell magazine subscriptions. People would be better off keeping their money in a savings account, government savings bonds, gold, or anything else. The odds of winning the $10M prize are 505 million to 1. So that means if you played every day it would take you 1 million years to have even odds of winning.

Please stay away!

More information:

robp
10/19/09

Fun. Chance to win big bucks each day and you don't have to buy anything unless you want to. Thought it was fake but my cousin lives next door to the winner of 1 million last year. Says she has now moved to a much bigger house. He's bummed they did not come to his house next door!

ellenl
10/17/09

I think it stinks. They send out mailings to say you are going to win prizes and money. Then you get a post card saying to log on to the site enter a code on the card to see what prizes we are are eligible for. When you log on the site a screen comes up there is no such site. I've got their damn post card in front of me. WHAT A SCAM THIS IS!!!!!!!!! I've entered for over 30 years and see now why I never won anything except magagzine payment when I did order.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Probably but we keep playing as the games do give us something to do. Wouldn't bet on a big win however.

By Chuck P.

Oh this is big time scam. Like I said in my review we put to much time into this wack company that when see anything about money we think it's them. Nobody ever wins there special early look prizes unless it's a guaranteed giveaway.

By Matt S.

Well, and just as I expected, the October 23 "special early look" did NOT result in the "mega prize" being awarded. Surprise, surprise! I saw that they immediately started advertising on TV their next "mega prize" (what is it now? $5000 a week for life? Bet they don't award that one, either!) Just a scam to drum up sales to weak-minded people who actually think they have a snowball's chance in you-know-where to win anything at odds of almost 2 billion to one. A total fraud!

By Viktoria I.

For the most part it's all a bunch of BS to get people to make a purchase.

By John D.

I didn't know this but it makes sense as there is nothing to it but the same thing day after day. PCH has gone downhill with games, lately, as even the daily puzzles, now, just drag and are hard to move the pieces. Too many puzzles and probably too many people playing, Also same thing, every day and are only for fun to kill time with. Maybe, now, they are just not monitoring the sites to see their problems. Bingo, no great loss.

By Jeanne D.

Am I still in the running for PCH's $7,000.00 a week win Thanks hoping for good news. My computer was down for two days. Does this disqualify me

By Frances T.

By Przemyslaw W.

It is all rigged! They want to draw you in, and promise you that you are the next big winner. It is all a waste of time in my opinion.

By Angela M.

"PCH is real whether you want to believe or not. I never have won yet but my friend has and others that she knows have won money and on won 1,000,000.00" -Bredna Nonsense. You must work for PCH or something, Bredna. And did you mispell your so called own name lol? Supposed to be "Brenda?" I suppose it's possible that is your name but what I find nearly impossible to believe is that you have a friend who won and it just so happens that your friend who won also knows others who won and even won 1,000,000.00? I mean what are the odds of THAT? Knock it off.

By RandomlyHiccupping B.

It would not let me play or sign in so I gave up

By Richard V.
Questions? Get answers from the Publishers Clearing House (PCH) staff and other customers.

11 Photos for Publishers Clearing House (PCH)

Publishers Clearing House (PCH)?