Publishers Clearing House (PCH) reviews

Tel: 1-800-645-9242
privacychoices@pch.com

js646
4/17/19

For some unknown reason, the site isn't letting me enter any of the contests. I attempt over and over to enter the $7,000 a week contest as well as a couple of others and when I get back to the main page, I find myself having to start over because it doesn't register the entries. I don't know if it's a bug in the site or if it's an issue with needing to clear the cache, but if they can do something to prevent it. I don't want to waste my time on this as it is getting me nowhere. I've been having this problem since Sunday of this week.

garyh482
3/26/19

pch has ruined there site with all the advertising they add to there gaming sites, not only are there games rigged but all the advertising they added has taken the fun out of the rigged experience, what used to only take a couple of hours not takes 4 to six hours to complete. i dont really think anyone has ever won at any of the games on these sites, im seriously disappointed in pch and really think its time the federal gaming commission look in to pch.

roseannz
3/20/19
• Updated review

I despise PCH and I wish I had never tried to enter. It started out as an email with no sign of PCH, saying I was chosen to win a $100 gift certificate from Walmart or someplace else by filling out a survey. This trick led to entering PCH. After all the turmoil i described above, now PCH's controller keeps writing me emails saying I owe money for some item I supposedly purchased from them. First, when you first start entering PCH, you are forced to buy 4 items, which are all cheap garbage from China. You have to give your credit card number in order to get this crap. Why I ever ordered anything is beyond me. But the thing is I HAD TO GIVE MY CC NUMBER IN ORDER TO GET THIS JUNK. So for the past couple months, I've been getting emails saying I owe money on an item. Which item it is is not described. And why they accuse me of not paying, when I had to give my CC number for anything I ordered, has to be a scam. I've replied over and over that I owe nothing and please stop bugging me. I called Customer Service one evening and actually got through. I asked to speak to this company controller so I could question him about my alleged bill. The Customer Service Rep was trying to find a supervisor to help me when I had to leave for an appointment. I am going to call back tomorrow.
I believe this is another scam aimed towards senior citizens in order to scare us into giving PCH money we don't owe. I'm a senior citizen, but I'm not all that dumb, except that I entered PCH's fraudulent contest. That was Uber dumb. Never again will I ever open any PCH email.

“I'd like to give this a MINUS ONE TRILLION!”
12/21/18
• Previous review

This has to be the MOST DESPICABLE SITE on the whole of the Internet, and that's saying a lot. I remember the days when I'd only get Publisher's Clearing House snail mail. Those WERE the good old days. I got started with PCH this time by a phony scammy announcement that I had been chosen for a $100 Walmart card. Yeah, right- IF I FILLED OUT A SURVEY. The survey led me to the PCH site. From there, you have to pick 3 or 4 things to "try out", meaning BUY. But they don't tell you there are several pages of these items, so I ended up buying junk I didn't need or want from the first page. (OK, IM AN IDIOT).
However, that's only the start. To make a truly long story short, here is a recap:
1. You never truly know where or IF you really entered the sweepstakes for their contest. I BELIEVE THIS PART MAKE PCH A TRUE SCAM. That's the main point, and they know this because-
2. You get so many emails every single day, every day telling you that you didn't finish your entry yet and will miss out on winning because you didn't finish your application.
3. So you try to "FINISH YOUR APPLICATION" and have to waste huge amounts of time watching ads from sponsors so you can play scratch-off games to get tokens to add up for some unknown reason which is never explained, STILL NOT KNOWING IF YOU ACTUALLY ENTERED THE SWEEPSTAKES.
4. Your email gets filled up constantly, driving you half mad.
5. Then come the "SEARCH" emails, which make you search a category they provide you, such as Cable carriers, Senior Living, In-Home Care. You can't just highlight the category, you have to type it in. Then NOTHING HAPPENS. You are STILL wondering if you actually entered the sweepstakes.
6. 5 minutes after nothing happens after you put in a Search item, something happens, and happens and happens. Your phone rings many times. You get calls from agents representing whatever search item you put in. These agents call from everywhere, and they call often. I just picked a search item because PCH told me to, not because I wanted anything.
7. Still, you keep getting numerous emails every day telling you that you didn't complete your contest entry!!!!
TO SUMMARIZE: I am still not sure whether I actually have an entry to win anything from PCH, but at this point, I TOTALLY DESPISE PCH AND ITS SCAM LIKE, TIME WASTING, MONEY WASTING, GRUESOME, AWFUL INVASIVE TACTICS!
I'm unsubscribing from PCH!
Go back to the days where we got to pick a few magazines to order.
This whole PCH thing disgusts me and it seems to prey on elderly desperate people (like me).

kevinw417
3/17/19

Publishers Clearing House (PCH) Makes you purchase items. I decided to not buy any items from the pictures of items they sent me. I still entered the contest to win $5000 a week for life. PCH sent me back a letter telling me I had to buy something to be entered into the drawing even though they say in writing you don't need to purchase to enter. I felt like I had to purchase in order for a chance to win. Then they tried to make me pay in full online even though they said pay in monthly installment's. I ignored the email and they went ahead and sent my package to me. Two items plus shipping was $40 and $10 was just for shipping. They have a website to go on for me to make my first installment.
I was late making the first payment and PCH sent out a letter three weeks later demanding full payment. I never wanted what I was forced to purchase and was afraid if I sent back the items they would not enter me into the contest. I learned my lesson. PCH uses get rich schemes in order to make a profit. I knew better but PCH kept sending me letter after letter saying I was in the process of winning.

deloresf6
3/12/19

Whatever you do DON"T ORDER PCH merchandise EVER if you don't want to get scammed and charged more than you paid. I was sent a 50% off coupons when I ordered I was charged the full price. I sent a check with the order then they sent me a bill that was overdue. I asked about my two checks I sent they said they don't take checks by mail. I asked where are my checks they don't know. So I paid my bill in full in January, $189.00 even asked the guy is my bill paid in full and he said yes. Then March 1 I get an overdue amount of 18.00 when I called she said it was a purchase from November. I asked why am I getting charged 18.00 from November when I paid it in full in January.She said, "Oh they forgot to add this amount." Then I asked to talk to a manager and she came to the phone and conveniently hung up on me. This is not the first time they did this and I will NEVER EVER ORDER FROM them again and if your smart you won't either.Their 7000 to 10,0000 a week is just a gimmic save your money go to Walmart or Target if you need something..

mikej372
3/9/19

PCH SWEEPSTAKES ARE SO FAKE EVEN IN THERE COMMERCIAL THE PEOPLE DON'T EVEN LOOK SURPRISE AND THEY LOOK SIDE WAY LIKE SOME ONE TELLING THEM HOW TO ACT.

vickim152
3/5/19

I am so tired i have been a member since 2007 at least and nothing. it started with one email then turned into 6 emails total of 12 entries. I'm saddened by the fact that they say if you dont respond to this email your entries will be removed basically. this is just unjust I'm sorry but I dont have 12hrs a day to enter all their sweepstakes. also why say if we dont respond to email it will basically look bad on our subscription. also they say buying product does not effect entry. I got a entry email saying please buy something why. we know they offer products in think I'm going to look onto this I'm tired of being pressured into buying when I cant even tho they say no purchase necessary. this is harassment. I ask for sweepstakes entries not product advertisements for 12 or more years I'm sorry I have won not a thing. I am gunna research their company ins and outs I'm sure they are not gunna add up. it doesn't make sense.

rj108
3/5/19

I should of known, I bought a decorative pocket knife from PCH. online it looked great and came with a wooden storage box. I just received the Eagle pocket knife and what a piece of garbage. The box is the best thing about it, there is a gap in the handle and the blade doesn't close correctly and the two screws in the handle are at and above surface. 20 dollars down the toilet. I collect unusual pocket knifes and thought this one would be something to add; boy was I wrong. MY ADVICE - - - DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY

joelc138
2/25/19

Pch is a good time passer but.. some games do cheat like the grabber game it's always cheating. Iv been playing for 4 years and have won nothing zelcho??? But other than that like I said it's a good time passer. I do get pissed off though when it drops the money bag. Why can't it drop a GIFT??? It's all rigged..

markh782
2/15/19

It's a never ending cycle of emails and games that gives you tokens for prizes that I don't think really exist...just to finally get you to order something for more than its worth....And then charge you shipping on top of that which is really what the item is worth..You pay about 3-5 times what something is worth..I ordered suspenders because I have no butt to hold my pants up and I'm not a gangsta so I don't purposely show my ASS. The suspenders are of good quality and made in the USA..but the elevated shipping costs made them costs Twice what I bought a even better set at Ace Hardware..And I was only given a choice of paying the entire bill, What happened to the 5 payments of What the $#*! ever..

cliffordz4
2/12/19

i hate listening to the same ads over and over. Plus what is being hawked has no interest to me. the items they offer are way over priced and then they charge outrageous shipping Also they are pushing the same cram over and over.

carolync244
2/3/19

I receive at least 5 if not more emails from PCH from October to March, they all insist I buy, buy, buy, play, play, play, but with an ad between each game. Then you are not qualified until you search, search, search. For What? Where do we get the time to do that? If you are going to have a contest, do it, stop with all the additional crap which, in case you haven't figured it out, turns people off. I know I will never win anything in your stupid contest because I don't have the time and patience for it. It's all BS anyhow!

sandim31
1/31/19

I've been playing PCH forever. Thought I have not won. I keep good vibes.U never know they just may knock on my door. I hope before I leave this ole world. If like to win where I win an pick someone else to win to. That way my Son an grandbabies will be set Finically.. Just trust in GOD to take care of U. If it's meant to be it will happen.. Stay positive an much luck to all..

davidl1124
1/25/19

Looks shady when you never win. People worry about not being home when the prize patrol arrives. A complete waste of energy to even think about this.

Tip for consumers: Avoid.

richw70
1/22/19

Over 12 years never won anything. Redeeming tokens lotterys nothing. Compele waste of time. Need more places to complain.

evar57
1/15/19

Those who call Publishers Clearing House a scam are just mad, because they haven't won anything. I haven't won a Sweepstakes yet, either, but that doesn't mean I should give up. Since when did PCH promise us that this Sweepstakes would be an AUTOMATIC WIN for ANYONE WHO PARTICIPATES, or a GET RICH QUICK opportunity? Last time I checked, NEVER. They DID, however, promise us that it will be worth it in the end, as long as we keep entering & don't give up. That's just like when you're on your way to becoming a famous singer, actress, etc. These kind of jobs aren't something that just happens overnight, nor is it the same as applying for a 9-5 job. You need to KEEP WORKING YOUR WAY THERE to make it happen. It's the same thing with Publishers Clearing House. Even though I have not currently won a Sweepstakes, I did win a few things thus far: 3 $10 checks & a $5 Amazon Gift Card. These are signs that I musn't give up, & neither should you as long as you choose to optimisticly keep going.

robinj103
1/12/19

I have been with publisher clearing house for a long time . I am closing out my account today and going to apply all my tokens to. The giveways, I have enjoyed playing your games great tragic effects . I am in full blown 4th stage nonalcoholic liver disease . When I started playing I was hoping for a miracle . I was hoping to win enough money to get my husband a F 150 ford truck that he sold when I got sick . We had a dream of building a small cabin near the river here so we could be near our grand babies . Bur, that was another lost dream . We have taken all our money to travel to the doctors. It would of been nice to have enough money to live comfortably . Ir" s my fault for having hope that I might be one of them lucky ones . My children kept telling me I was wasting my time . So I have become exhausted and I will be closing out my acct today . And for everyone who is still playing good luck to all of you . Thank you PCH for your fun games. I guess my loyalty wasn" t enough to win

billc366
1/10/19

The tokens that you earn are worthless. PCH uses the word redeem. In order to be redeemed in the correct meaning of the term they must be exchanged for goods or services. A chance in some undefined sweepstakes does not qualify as either.

This is another example of how PCH holds out false hope. They have sunk to a new low with these tokens.

allenb65
1/5/19

Decided I would sign up on line to be in the Sweepstakes. Thought it would be easy, just had to do it once to be in the running. Well, easy, My A--. I spent quite some time on line indicating I wasn't interested in this, and then that, and then clicked Continue uncountable times, followed by Submit, Submit to Continue, and it goes on for page after page, and also with some info indicating that I was almost done. I finally gave up thinking that I could have been entered and would receive an email with my entry number, etc. BUT NO.... I did get an email indicating I had to do just one more thing before I got my number, so don't give up!.... Well clicked on the link and after another 10 pages of clicking Continue, Submit, No to purchases, etc. I still got no where closer. Gave up. Following day, another email with the same thing - you are THIS close to being entered and you have to enter to win. Nope, not falling for it this time. Kept getting emails and then unsubscribed and hope that works. Good luck to the poor saps who spend hours per day and days attempting to sign up for that Wonderful (yeah...sure...) Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.

The government should look into this and ban them. It shouldn't take like 25 plus pages, tens of clicks, and hours to enter a contact. Shame on PCH.

humbertob16
12/31/18

In as much as I get entertained with the accumulation of tokens, that only leads to continue gambling, I receive good ideas for items to search on other websites at way better prices. Thanks PCH.

alamogordod
12/20/18

I don't have money to waste on the stuff they want me to buy! I go threw the pages ONLY to enter the contest and bought CDs a couple of times but discovered that I could buy them for much less elsewhere!

onag3
12/5/18

I have been a member for over 10 years and purchased numerous items. Not only are most items more expensive then finding it elsewhere online, most are cheaply made. I have been disappointed in many items, though there are many that I like. Myself I have only won a $10 Amazon gift card, but you know we have to keep in mind millions of people are playing numerous times a day. I myself don't have the time to sit on the computer all day. Those who think purchasing will make you one step closer to winning can't read.
I enjoy the games when I have a chance to play. It's free and you take the same chance when you spend money on lotto cards, so why complain?

jesusg62
11/26/18

It's fun over wellness of just the thought of being a 7,000 dollar winner one day. Wat a ruah. Every day I got my phone working on the house some of the deals and offer's are amazingly good

przemyslaww1
11/22/18

Don't use. Run away. I clicked on an advertisement in Thur app and had to cancel my debit card. Pch a bunch of criminals

svo1
11/18/18

I started buying magazines & entering contests from PCH (via USPS) in approximately 1980, and I started entering their sweepstakes online in approximately 2002, I believe. In all those 38 years, I received $20, receiving two $10 checks twice this year. I have spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on merchandise and postage stamps, not to mention all the lost time entering their contests. The items they have online are mostly very poor quality and too expensive, plus the shipping & handling charges are high; I'm pretty sure that you have to pay S/H individually for each item, not like other websites where you are charged S/H, depending on the total dollar amount of your purchase. PCH charges S/H for each and every single item, which adds up very quickly. Also, regarding their large sweepstakes, I'd much rather see, for example, 7 individuals win $1000 a week for life rather then $7000 a week for 1 individual. Well, I've finally wised up and hope you do, too, before you through any more of your hard-earned money or your Social Security allowance into the coffers of the insatiable beast known as Publishers Clearing House!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Probably but we keep playing as the games do give us something to do. Wouldn't bet on a big win however.

By Chuck P.

Oh this is big time scam. Like I said in my review we put to much time into this wack company that when see anything about money we think it's them. Nobody ever wins there special early look prizes unless it's a guaranteed giveaway.

By Matt S.

Well, and just as I expected, the October 23 "special early look" did NOT result in the "mega prize" being awarded. Surprise, surprise! I saw that they immediately started advertising on TV their next "mega prize" (what is it now? $5000 a week for life? Bet they don't award that one, either!) Just a scam to drum up sales to weak-minded people who actually think they have a snowball's chance in you-know-where to win anything at odds of almost 2 billion to one. A total fraud!

By Viktoria I.

For the most part it's all a bunch of BS to get people to make a purchase.

By John D.

I didn't know this but it makes sense as there is nothing to it but the same thing day after day. PCH has gone downhill with games, lately, as even the daily puzzles, now, just drag and are hard to move the pieces. Too many puzzles and probably too many people playing, Also same thing, every day and are only for fun to kill time with. Maybe, now, they are just not monitoring the sites to see their problems. Bingo, no great loss.

By Jeanne D.

Am I still in the running for PCH's $7,000.00 a week win Thanks hoping for good news. My computer was down for two days. Does this disqualify me

By Frances T.

By Przemyslaw W.

It is all rigged! They want to draw you in, and promise you that you are the next big winner. It is all a waste of time in my opinion.

By Angela M.

"PCH is real whether you want to believe or not. I never have won yet but my friend has and others that she knows have won money and on won 1,000,000.00" -Bredna Nonsense. You must work for PCH or something, Bredna. And did you mispell your so called own name lol? Supposed to be "Brenda?" I suppose it's possible that is your name but what I find nearly impossible to believe is that you have a friend who won and it just so happens that your friend who won also knows others who won and even won 1,000,000.00? I mean what are the odds of THAT? Knock it off.

By RandomlyHiccupping B.

It would not let me play or sign in so I gave up

By Richard V.
Questions? Get answers from the Publishers Clearing House (PCH) staff and other customers.

11 Photos for Publishers Clearing House (PCH)

Publishers Clearing House (PCH)?