Review of PartsGeek

Tel: 0133-1827155
edsonfarnell@partsgeek.com

alm131
12/10/18

If you are from Canada, don't bother with Parts Geek. Will not ship to Canada, will not accept a Canadian credit card. I sent a US money order for shipping to a US address and it sat until I called a couple of weeks later, then I was told it had to get mailed to another address and then they would only deposit on Fridays, but they would let me know when it was shipped. Fast forward 3 weeks and they had done nothing but it suddenly "would go out today". When I complained to them about poor service they hung up on me. Well done Geeks.

daveg194
12/5/18

Returned a defective steering box with RMA paperwork. Will not refund my money. Shockingly snotty!

Tip for consumers: Stay away! Crappy parts and crappy customer service!

stayawayf1
12/5/18

We will never purchase from Partsgeek again and encourage you to take your business elsewhere. To return a package, YOU must pay shipping. I paid $82 to ship something back which was ridiculous. On top of that, I was refunded on the WRONG part and it took...2 weeks to get this resolved. Multiple phone calls, TERRIBLE WAITING TIMES!!!! I'M TALKING LIKE 20 MINUTES to be connected with someone, only to be connected with multiple service reps (despite being given "direct extensions" (that's a lie), all saying in regard to refunding the wrong part that "we need to check with the warehouse so call us back tomorrow." Warehouse story is the same. Note for future people: please ask for the manager. I finally got this resolved only after talking with the manager.

Please please please do not use partsgeek. Their customer service is horrendous. Worse yet, the service reps don't believe you...i'm trying to explain to them that the part you refunded me for IS IN THE CAR so it's impossible i sent that back. Their reply "well the warehouse said"....it seriously took a manager to get the warehouse to take a picture of the inside of the box to confirm I INDEED WAS CORRECT.

NEVER shopping here again. Period.

ambert64
12/4/18

I was looking for a passenger side mirror with turn signal. I called their number and they told me they don't have a mirror with a turn signal and hung up on me immediately.

williamh898
12/3/18

Parts Geek made it right. This morning I received a prepaid return label for the part I am returning. I am pleased with their response.

I ordered a dual mask fly wheel from Parts Geek. The fly wheel turned out to be an incorrect part for my car. Although the year make and model of the vehicle was correct and even the correct type of engine (BRM). So what was the problem? The fly wheel was for a standard transmission and not an automatic. The description on the Parts Geek website didn't state whether the fly wheel (part # dmf072) is for a standard or automatic transmission. But there is a picture of the fly wheel in which you can see that it is probably not for an automatic transmission if you are familiar with VW parts. I can't understand why they didn't simply describe (part # dmf072) is for the standard transmission like they described (part # dmf092) is for the automatic transmission. If you don't work on the VW engines on a regular basis, you may do what I did and order the wrong part. I have no problem admitting when I make a mistake. But what I don't understand is why Parts Geek did not adequately describe this particular part so that their customer(s) isn't stuck with return shipping cost. I would like to think that satisfied customers are the reason businesses exist.

Tip for consumers: I ordered the second part before discovering all the negitive reviews on this website.

froylane
12/2/18

Well when you try use a coupon code they say its expired (12/9/18) how can it be expired. I was trying to order motor mounts.

shaned134
11/28/18

Bought a gas tank, called to verify that it was the correct one before I placed the order. I also used the vehicle match up they had on there site. Ordered it, received it wrong tank. Called them they said not my fault you ordered the wrong tank! Cannot believe they talk to customers this way, I said I even called to verify, again I got back i see no call from this number! Talked to a manager and he was a complete deush bag acted like he was a little 5 year old baby. So I paid shipping spent 40 days trying to get my refund as they don't call you or email you to let a person know they received the return item. Gas tank was received by an m Johnson at there warehouse 30 days prior as I had to contact FedEx to get this info. The spent another 10 days trying to get a confirmation number for a return. They emailed back be patient, I said I have been more than patient with you. Told them you have one week to refund me or I'm reporting you to the better business bureau as hundreds of other's already had done. I did receive my refund lol. Keep on them or they will try to screw you. This company is a complete joke.

jacobc102
11/27/18

I made an account here JUST to complain about this terrible company.
I ordered 2 wheel hub assemblies and 2 seal kits.
I was shipped 4 hub assemblies and 4 seal kits. I was also double charged!! $722 dollars later I call to return the parts, I send back everything but 2 hub assemblies that hadn't arrived yet. I get my appropriate refund, all good right?
WRONG, I attempt to ship back the 2 assemblies remaining and they only refund me for 1! Customer service wont let me speak to a manager because their "too busy". now my $295 is tied up in a dispute for 6-8 weeks if i even get the money back at all!
STAY AWAY PEOPLE, HONESTLY I BEG YOU NOT TO USE THEM.

Tip for consumers: Tell them their better off buying from the crooked garage down the street. THIS IS ABOSLUTELY THE WORST COMPANY IVE EVER DONE BUISNESS WITH.

nathanies
11/24/18

I ordered some parts in good faith from PartsGeek for my car. After arriving, I found that they were either incorrect, damaged, poor quality, or a combination of both. I tried to return the unusable parts but was informed that I had to pay to return the parts for credit. I should not have to pay $28 dollars to ship their junk back to them. How disappointing.

garretty2
11/21/18

One part never showed up and at over $200.00 not cheap. reorder same part from them and 6 months later still not have received a refund as they "Investigate". The two previous attempts where for warranty of defective parts right out of the box. No customer service.

garretc3
11/20/18

I ordered a lower control arm for my Saturn.
I needed the right side and they set me the left side. After reviewing the website it turns out the website description was wrong. I contact customer service and they proceeded to tell me the website was correct even though I sent them pictures of the incorrect part. They don't seem to care.

Tip for consumers: Use a different parts seller.

pauld518
11/19/18

I purchased a "new" TYC replacement alternator and it immediately started squealing after installing it. I called customer no-service and was told I could return the part for credit but it would be at MY EPENSE!! I received a defective "new" alternator and then got the shaft - I had to spend just under $28 to ship it back. I protested to no avail. BUYER BEWARE- IF YOU GET A BAD PART FROM PARTSGEEK IT WILL COST YOU TO RETURN IT.

jeffc393
11/16/18

Purchased a power steering reservoir for my vehicle. After waiting nearly one week for delivery, a bracket arrived but no reservoir! Called CS explaining the situation, took pictures of package and what DID arrive I received an automated response saying they'd received the pictures and not to reply to the email. Guy I talked to was rude and obviously unwilling to help! Now nearly two weeks have passed since I placed my order, I receive an email saying I would be credited for the purchase. Way to solve the problem PartsGeek!! I still need the damn reservoir! Why didn't you morons contact me to see what I wanted to see happen?! First and ONLY time I will deal with you! One star is too generous!

robw163
11/15/18

I ordered a master cylinder with reservoir and cap, as shown on the Parts Geek website photo, and after talking with a Parts Geek employee to make sure they were included with the master cylinder. The part arrived with no reservoir or cap. Parts Geek refused to issue a credit for the missing pieces. They now say those parts are not included. Will not order from them again.

jeffz41
11/11/18

I have purchased 3 items from "partsgeek" (radiator, 2x O2 sensors, & thermostat). It was the worst experience ever in my entire life! Never been so disappointed at such level of fraud, lies, and unprofessionalism.
First, they sent me a different radiator that is completely different from what they posted, and when contacted the CS manager I was completely devastated by his denial as well as carefree regarding the matter. They refused to admit the mistake nor send me the return authorization (the shipping cost's $65). As for the O2 sensors, I faced another dilemma once I tried to install them. The problem was the harness adapter that doesn't match the one of the car. Another awful disappointment.
This company must be boycotted for their negligence and unprofessionalism. Unfortunately, I didn't do an in-depth search on them before placing my orders from PARTSGEEK. To anyone who care about quality, genuinity, and professional customer care, I strongly recommend you to stay away from this online sale company.

jamesn277
James n.
11/9/18

I ordered a power steering pressure hose that was supposed to be in stock and delivered to me within 3 business days. As it turns out it wasn't in stock and they sent me an updated email stating I would get the part in 7 to 10 days, by this time I already had the vehicle fixed and on its way so before the part ever made it to my home I refuse delivery of it with the mailman. Over a month later PartsGeek claims they never received the part back from usps or FedEx or whoever shipped it back to them and no refund no nothing. So now I'll just let my credit card company handle it because I'm tired of calling these people and getting absolutely nowhere. Don't waste your time there are plenty of websites to get parts from besides these clowns.

bakercitym
11/7/18

Please order online on foam FedEx will help me they say the change has to come from order origin , geek witch won't help so I'm stuck with my own dilemma trying to save $20 from rock auto it's cost me 10 days unhappy customer in myself spending hours trying to correct the problem I just want to be done with him and will never go back Cost me hundreds

pauls960
11/5/18

this is the email from parts geek when i ask for a return for a bad part
Parts Geek Support <cs-support@partsgeek.com>
Today at 10:41 AM
A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #746584652 with the following response:
No Label will be provided.
All returns are freight prepaid by the customer. We do not offer return shipping reimbursement (regardless of the party at fault )
Customer Service SO WHAT THERE SAYING WE CAN SHIP YOU JUNK AND YOU PAY MORE MONEY IF YOU WANT TO RERUN IT

saschah1
11/3/18

It is easy to take one's money. The real test of good customer service is how they deal with problems that arise in the delivery, packaging, and claims process. My understanding of how Partsgeek works is that they are a third-party intermediary, meaning they have supposedly built networks with various part suppliers to get you -the customer- the parts you are seeking, much like how Amazon works. PartsGeeks holds no parts themselves. A one-stop parts search site. Anyhow, so I ordered parts without any issues. Then when all parts except one come in, I now must test their claims/help desk. First problem - Their Ticket System is always down, though it will say, "The ticket system is down for maintenance. It will be back up at 9:00 am EST. (excluding Sunday)."
Then reading their customer help library, I note that they accept no responsibility for lost or damaged packages. Issues must be addressed with the shipper. In my case - UPS. So, while UPS is doing their claims investigation, I proceed to use PartsGeeks Manage My Order feature which allows one to do such things like return a core, re-order, review product, or a general return. I click the general return button and it has a selection for reasons why one is returning. I select "I didn't receive part". That's it. Nothing else, no response from PartsGeek. Then, after my vehicle project is done, I have parts I ordered that I don't need so I return them and PartsGeek gives me two different RMA numbers for the same part within two to three days. I already sent the parts under the first RMA given and I have yet to see any refund/credit. I will have to call their 800 number because their ticket system is always down. Now, I will give PartsGeek credit for giving my core credit on cores returned; though, out of the four cores returned, I only received credit for three. Personally, I will never use PartsGeek again, just because of the quality of their customer service.

stephenw256
10/31/18

Ordered a part for my 2017 Silverado (front bumper air deflector) and they sent one for a 2015 Tahoe. They claimed it was my mistake and would not take it back or exchange it. Never been treated so rudely in my life. With them customer service is an oxymoron with the emphasis on Moron.
NEVER AGAIN!!!

michaelk835
10/27/18

Ordered a head gasket set for a 5.3 chevy, head gaskets leaked, valve cover gaskets dont fit, exhaust gasket holes don't line up and intake gaskets were torn right out the pack. No point in requesting a return because I'll be the one paying to do so. I called customer service and asked about the kit and the mush mouth idiot told me they don't carry that kit or any kit like it???? Really? Never buying from them again, I don't care if there the only ones with what I need, I'll go without. Hopefully this review and all the others like this will turn away from wasting your time and money.

charlesy33
10/19/18

I just ordered a headlight dimmer for my son's Nissan. They sent a bad part. They have a whole process that is not customer service oriented and requires the customer to pay the shipping charges when they should be taking care of it with sub-quality products. Also, I found the part cheaper at my local automotive store. And it worked. We will see if I get my money back.

davidr1049
10/17/18

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY - WRONG PARTS SHIPPED TWICE - RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE - BIG HASSLE TO DEAL WITH!!!

anthonym435
10/15/18

Order a radiator for my wife's car. My mechanic said it was not needed. I had to pay $33 to send it back. It took forever for my refund! GO SOMEWHERE ELSE THEY ARE TERRIBLE! NEVER AGAIN

ks313
10/3/18

ask them to change my order before shipment. They refused. I did not open the package and returned it at my own cost, they even refuse to refund me even though they suggested to refund me if I would return the item.

I ordered a blower motor resistor control for my Lexus and recieved a rear defog on/off switch for a "I don't know what" in a used box. The paper that came with the part was correct for what I ordered. I got a return approval to return the item. What happens if I return the the part and it does not match the paper work that came with the wrong part? I Immediately contacted my bank and put the charge on my bank card in dispute along with all supporting data. I would call this "practiced fraud".

By Don B.

6/10/17 That was not my experience at all. A) I received an email RMA immediately upon contacting them. I returned the wrong part 2 days ago and they credited me back the exact day that they received it. Maybe they have read the reviews and cleaned up their act?

By Lee G.

Don't order from them. They will mostly likely ship the wrong item, or only send you a partial order, then keep your money and ignore you. They are more a sham than a legit business, in my experience.

By Nevin Y.

All directions concerning automobiles are made from the driver's seat orientation. So, yes the left is the driver's side.

By Fred A.

Questions? Get answers from the PartsGeek staff and other customers.

8 Photos for PartsGeek