Review of PartsGeek

Marlton, NJ 08053
Tel: 0133-1827155

roccos25
12/7/17

I ordered an intake manifold gasket for a '69 Olds Cutlass. It's boxed wrong, and will cost me more to return it than I paid. Had I bothered to read this site first, I could have saved $35 and not tied up my customer's car for another week. NEVER AGAIN!

joem299
11/30/17

WAITING FOR ONE PART 6 DAYS SO FAR...PART IS COMING FROM NEW JERSEY, IM IN NEW YORK...30 MINUTES AWAY I COULD HAVE WALKED THERE 3 TIMES OVER I WAS BETTER OFF SPENDING $20 MORE AND GONE TO AUTO-ZONE

hankh17
11/16/17

I would give them less than one star if i could. I ordered a LUK clutch kit for my 94 F350 for $275. The kit comes with pressure plate, flywheel, clutch, alignment tool, throwout bearing and pilot bearing. They sent me the wrong one for my truck, one too small too bolt on. It was 83lbs, I had to ship it back and pay $70 for shipping(its in their policy they dont pay return shipping reguardless of fault). The clutch i shipped i did get refunded for 7 days later after it made it there. They told me they had the right one and it was $210 and they could have it shipped to me next day. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and paid for that one. It did come the next day, except it was a completely different brand (rhinopac) as soon i picked up the box i knew it was wrong, this box only had a flywheel and a clutch, for what appears to be a Ford Mustang, nothing that even resembles a heavy truck clutch kit. At this point i was infuriated that i would have to pay for shipping again, i expressed my concerns and they said, "the warehouse is going to send you a shipping label." Its been 2 weeks and still no label they only send them on wednesdays and fridays, so they say today is wednesday, called them again today and they still insist that im going to get the shipping label. They're customer service and reachability is god awful. Hold time varies 10-15 min each time you have to contact them. At this point i gave up on getting the clutch for them and ended up getting the correct LUK from napa for $350. Thats how a $300 job goes to $1000 job. You may save a couple dollars IF they send you the right part the first time, but the time you will waste with these people is irreplaceable and simply not worth it. Steer clear. PS I'm not sure how BBB rates businesses but the fact they have an A+ next to their name with a customer review rating of 54% positive, 45% negative, 1% neutral is ridiculous.

justinm127
11/16/17

Thank you so much for sending the blinker switch! My husband was able to replace it & it came to us very quickly! Great work guys!

bazelm
11/16/17

I ordered Bosch O2 sensor per their catalog, part listed was not correct, contacted by email -could not call to resolve, advised I expected full refund with shipping, was emailed back RMA- returned part, was refunded only cost of part -not shipping or return shipping. I made 2nd email request for shipping re-imbursement since error was not mine. Today I received response. PartGeek takes my satisfaction very seriously and to prove it they offer free shipping on my next order...which will never happen.
I responded the PartsGeek Customer Support Staff, "Strike 3"

joej129
11/1/17

I recently had a head gasket failure and ordered the necessary parts for the repair through #partsgeek.com. Paid for one day shipping and received the majority of the components within 2 business days except for the specialty tools (also ordered though them) to preform the job. It has been a week, and have yet to receive it. Called to inquire as to how to remedy the situation and was told there was nothing they can do. I should try and track the product down on my own. Now, for someone considering a parts vendor think about having yourself in this situation, where you have a broken car, a job to get to, the parts to repair it, but not the tool to complete the work, all while having ordered it all in advance and paid for the expedited shipping versus free ground shipping and when asking for help, being told to sit and spin... dissatisfied,disappointed, and disheartened FOR YOUR BENEFIT USE ANYONE ELSE.

johna735
10/26/17

i ordered a cam received a box of pushrods i called to fix problem and they hung up on me called again and some bozo told me to fax him a picture of the part i got i guess the moron did not know the differance between a cam and a pushrod. i deceided to get a refund from parts jerks but they kept hanging up on me. thats how they handle customers they always have a lame excuse let them sink dont do business with these guys.

nancyc201
10/6/17

I ordered some trunk struts from parts geek. they were the wrong ones. (I ordered online). I called customer service and they found the right parts. I bought them and paid for shipping. I then returned the wrong ones with the RMA # clearly on the side of the box. $16 UPS. They came back to me today, Reciever did not want, refused delivery. What the heck? Really? So now to dispute the charge of the wrong order with the credit card, etc. This is unreal.

dann1199
10/5/17

I ordered part and it came in wrong. They want me to pay for return shipping and won't refund original shipping on their mistake.

bretta12
10/2/17

Took SEVEN months and two weeks to get a core credit from these people, and that was only after having to resort to the threat of charging back the entire credit card charge. Never again.

joelk40
9/22/17

Called and verified parts before ordering they told me I need an extra seal because it did not come with ether of the other parts ( sending unit/lock ring) well the seal did come with both parts actually. And even though they told me I needed it I still have to pay shipping back to them. There policy is not matter who's at fault customer pays shipping back. Pretty ridiculous policy.

tylerp33
9/19/17

I was hesitant to purchase from Parts Geek, but decided to take a chance. I should have went with my gut.
They sent me two incorrect parts, and after about 15 emails and a phone call, they provided an RMA number to allow me to return it. THEY MADE ME PAY RETURN SHIPPING FOR THEIR MISTAKE, which was half the cost of my products! I still haven't received my refund! Incompetence with no accountability! Will never ever use the company again, or recommend them.

timothyj37
9/19/17

While I ill never order from them again and think their customer service set up is really bad bad bad, because you can't actually call but have to do all your correspondence via email. I will give them credit for actually refunding my money and paying for my return shipping.

mikeg263
9/12/17

The returns process is a total nightmare.
Use someone else who doesn't rip you off at every turn.
These guys are pulling every trick in the book not to issue a refund on parts you don't need or don't want.

waylonb1
8/29/17

I ordered a wheel from parts geek and they sent me the wrong one even though the make and model was correct they simply messed up. They then charged me 35.00 dollars to ship the wheel back it has been three weeks now and nothing......... not so much as an email. So I tried to put in another support ticket and it told me I had reached the maximum amount of tickets allowed. lol I will never use them again out 215.00 dollars right now and still now wheel for my car. Hope they read there reviews so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

annas236
8/29/17

I ordered three parts for my car, i was sent the tracking numbers (which were all the same) i received one box that contained the hood and called them saying i didn't receive 2 parts. I spoke with the supervisors Joe and Gabe and all they told me was "there is nothing we can do about it" i didn't now get my money back ($300) for the 2 parts so they stole from me. this is not a good website.

billo30
8/25/17

Ordered simple air filters for car. Shipped wrong ones. Rep said they would credit my account. Didn't happen. Had the gull to ask me to place another order. Never will happen again.

craigm114
8/21/17

First, let me just start with saying they sent incomplete tracking numbers for 5 packages. I only received 2 in a shipment marked "2 pieces" and couldn't not track the rest with Fed Ex because ALL of the packages had the exact same tracking number that was emailed to me from PartsGeek shipping.

If you have a question, you can only fill out an online form. ONLY ONCE. (they link it to your email address) You cannot talk to a human.

I ordered, among other things, control arms with ball joints for my Element. (They arrived 2 days later - Fri nite before my Saturday install appointment)
PartsGeek catalog clearly states "Features: ball joints and bushings included for a complete installation, saving time and labor (where applicable).
Guess what?? No ball joints! I was already at the shop for scheduled repair and had to pay for ball joints. Was totally stuck with car half apart.

Parts Geek response:
"None of the control arms for your vehicle come with ball joints as the vehicle manufacturer only sells the ball joints separate so that is how they come in the aftermarket. The listing stated with ball joint and bushing(where applicable) but it's not applicable for your vehicle since they are not sold that way."

Say what?!?! "Not applicable"??? NOWHERE on the description or website is there a list of applicable vehicles. Honda Elements really DO have ball joints. I promise!

You can go look up the part yourselves:
2003-2011 Honda Element Control Arm #W0133-1839636. It clearly states "With Ball Joints"

What a bunch of SUMBAGS!!!

russellh35
8/17/17

ordered part 8/9 stupid shipment changed carriers. part arrived 100 miles away on 8/10 . 8/17 still no part. called customer service and they hung up on me. first and last order.

davidb715
8/14/17

I ordered rear break lights for my 2001 Chevy Silverado. When the boxes arrived, they looked as if they were ejected from a transfer truck at highway speed. They were not "broken" but they were not in new condition; they were scratched badly. I desperately needed the lights for inspection purposes and Parts Geek had a very competitive price. I informed Parts Geek customer service and they told me to try and get partial reimbursement from the shipping company. What?!? This is not a good way to handle this; I didn't hire the shipping company. I've been stonewalled. I suggest not using Parts Geek.

anthonyg123
8/10/17

I wish I could gave them no star had to return a part and the shipping was a much as the part they have better rates shipping it to you but if you have to send it back you don't get them rates and they want send you a ups label to you at there rates to return the part they told me sorry nothing we can do about that it's your responsibility on returns not there's never again will I use them believe in the star don't use them

garyg106
8/8/17

Received defective part. Paid shipping, paid to send it back. They still have my part and money.

Lesson learned - shop locally, EBay or Amazon. They care for their customers.

steveo58
8/7/17

I ordered 6 items of which 2 arrived and they were damaged. I called and was told all were delivered.They used the same tracking # on all 6 box's. After the first box was delivered they considered all were delivered.Even that the second item came from a different address on a different day. I kept all box's and receipts. I also paid with a credit card. Good luck

dand160
8/4/17

Long shipping, Scammers and crooks....not once do they say you gotta pay shipping to send back core to get refund,,,,,do not shop here they are a bunch of thieves,,and use slow ass Fedex

brandyg10
8/3/17

I used the website to order a radiator and when I received the radiator it was the wrong one. I was told I had to pay for shipping and that I should have paid attention to what I was ordering. So I boxed the radiator back up and shipped it back. The website if awful because it doesn't direct you to the right parts. When I called the 1-800 number the people were VERY rude and made it a point to tell me it was my error when it clearly was an error of the website. The customer service rep. asked me send pictures but I was trying to explain I had already sent it back. They even hung up on me as I was trying to explain things. Now I have to pay to ship the item back and wait 2 more weeks to have my money returned. They offered no help for a refund for shipping. I feel robbed and I will never order from such RUDE people!

I ordered a blower motor resistor control for my Lexus and recieved a rear defog on/off switch for a "I don't know what" in a used box. The paper that came with the part was correct for what I ordered. I got a return approval to return the item. What happens if I return the the part and it does not match the paper work that came with the wrong part? I Immediately contacted my bank and put the charge on my bank card in dispute along with all supporting data. I would call this "practiced fraud".

By Don B.

6/10/17 That was not my experience at all. A) I received an email RMA immediately upon contacting them. I returned the wrong part 2 days ago and they credited me back the exact day that they received it. Maybe they have read the reviews and cleaned up their act?

By Lee G.

Don't order from them. They will mostly likely ship the wrong item, or only send you a partial order, then keep your money and ignore you. They are more a sham than a legit business, in my experience.

By Nevin Y.

Questions? Get answers from the PartsGeek staff and other customers.

PartsGeek?