Review of PartsGeek

Tel: 0133-1827155
edsonfarnell@partsgeek.com

rebeccal176
9/18/18

Went to this site for the 1st time...put in my vehicle..searched the part...looked good....received wrong part. Called customer service...said down at the bottom in a separate box was the models the part fit. Why was this information not in the description. So...paid shipping both ways for nothing. Will not visit this site again.

francescoa12
9/7/18

I ordered my water pump after verifying correct part online with them and on the phone and they sent me incorrect part for a 96 chevy s10. I emailed them and it cost the same amount to return compared to price I paid for part. They would not supply return label even though it was their fault. They SUCK

bryand94
9/7/18

Do not purchase from this company! If they make a mistake in fulfilling the order- you will have the worst time in the world to get it fixed. Their customer service is horrible and the phone representatives are all rude! They repeatedly hung up the phone when I would call regarding my issue. If they send you the wrong part- they charge you a new order just to send the correct parts! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!

miket345
9/5/18

I was very disappointed with the grill i bought i spent over and hour and a 1/2 with a dermal tool and a bench grinder and numerous tries to get it to fit, the slots for the bolts had so much residue on them i used the dermal file and utility knife to get the bolts to go into the slots. The bolts they give you are to thick to fit into the slot. I had to use the originals but when i went to put the grill in only 1/2 would line up. I had to grind those down to make them go all the way to the end of the slot so they would line up with the holes, I got those lined up but, only half of the studs laid in the hood enough to get nuts on them. I looked at the grill in the hood and 1 side was not laying into the crease for the hood. I then had to take the grill out and sand down the outer edge so it would lay properly in the hood. After numerous tries i was able to get it to lay properly but could only get 6 of the 7 nuts. I spent an hour and 1/2 of my life that i'll never get back. Remember you get what you pay for so pay a lot. Its amazing that to me that the sellers of this crap don't raise there standards. I restored my 69 Camaro and it was the same storey everything had to be altered to make it fit. The car has 182k on it otherwise ill buy original parts. If Toyota used these parts it would take them 2 days to build a car. I would not recommend these parts

edwardb256
9/4/18

I ordered a compressor and dryer from this company and paid a mechanic to put them on only to find out both parts were defective. Now I have to go through hell for the return and partsgeek does not reimburse labor so now i have a loss of 297 dollars. Buyers beware!!! it's better to buy from your local parts store and have the warranty than to order online and be screwed out of labor for faulty parts the admit they sell.

Their customer service is totally inexperienced and unwilling to help. I asked for the supplier number and spoke to apparently the highest supervisor there is and he didn't know a number to any supplier or warehouse and told me if i wanted the information then I'd have to go find it myself. I have no idea how he came to be in that position and I can assure you that this place is a scam. Do not order form this company.

davids1772
8/28/18

I never received my parts because Parts Geek will not ship to a P.O. Box. I live in an area that does not have mail delivery services. I used my physical address manipulated in a manner where the U.S. Postal Service would accept it and get the shipment to my P.O. Box. Parts Geek used my physical address only and the delivery was sent back twice. I submitted a support ticket explaining my situation and asked could they possibly ship using a different method of delivery and this was my response:
A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #859444023 with the following response:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

No, we do not ship to PO boxes.
If the shipping provider is having trouble finding your location, we can only suggest trying to ship somewhere else, like a shop, a friends or families in a near by town.

If not, then unfortunately, we will not be able to get the part to you.

Customer Service
Parts Geek LLC

As you can see, they didn't even respond to the question about using a different method of shipping. This customer is gone forever.

martyc19
8/22/18

I purchased a Spectra fuel tank with the fuel pump assembled, the fuel pump is defective, will only get 18 psi. Instead of returning just the bad pump, parts g wants me to drop the tank, clean out the fuel and pay for the return. They are absolutely not helpful, or will they work with you to return the parts. If you purchase from them, be ready to be frustrated if you need to return anything. As I review other online parts stores, it does seem that most online parts stores are out to scam the customers. From now on, I am willing to pay a little more and get parts from local parts stores. They will have to lie to your face instead of lying to you on the phone or through email.

tck2
8/22/18

I have ordered from parts geek and every part I ordered was either the wrong part or detective. The last straw was the purchase of an a/c condenser. First one had a hole in it. I had to pay return shipping, and was assured a refund on shipping if I purchased another one. To date I have not received that refund. The second a/c condenser was welded closed at the return spout. No refund on shipping. That was enough for me. They ARE the worst online parts dealer.

greerc
8/16/18

Parts Geek sent me the wrong part and I had to pay the return shipping of almost $30. I contacted them an explained they sent the wrong part and I wanted to be refunded my shipping cost but they stated they would not refund the shipping cost. I highly suggest ordering a product from a more reputable company to avoid issues like this.

lynneb67
8/15/18

Ordered a part for my 2001 camary,motor for window,part came,no motor,I have called since Aug 2,was not what I ordered they told me they don't update their website,been waiting for my return label and nothing?then guy on phone said that this is the part you need so I ordered that one?and again wrong part,still no return label.and now stuck with parts that are useless ?I'm out 110.00 for parts I don't need,and the kicker is if I return it my self will cost me 60.00..I will never order from these jerks,scammers!

leonardj24
8/13/18

I ordered a fuel pump on June 10th I believe I didn't get it until June 19th at which time me and my mail carrier sat down and Return to Sender it is now August 13th their managers there one is named Joe one is named Ryan one is named Samantha they are completely rude inexperienced and act just like children put you on hold until the business closes then you call again I'll put you on hold ask you your name once they hear that name that you give them and they've heard it before you can't get any of them to speak to you I went down to AutoZone bought my part paid the extra money but oh well you can't put a price on sanity these people will drive you insane and do everything in their power to keep your money they don't give one s*** about a customer I strongly advise anybody to steer clear of this business at all cost Leonard Jay Putnam

karik24
8/7/18

I ordered the part that I needed and it came a few days ago and it's defective. Today I contacted customer service and when they answered they were rude. I told the person that answered the phone that I had just got a part that I ordered and it was defective and he Rudely replied "already" then asked for my order number and after a few minutes hung up on me. No return call or anything. I am not happy and will not order from them again. If it was AutoZone they would have treated me better. Such a shame I pray I get my money back.

jackp157
8/4/18

High prices and the worst shipping. FedEx misses the scheduled delivery date then can't be tracked. THE WORST!!!!!

simonm139
7/31/18

Parts don't fit vehicle advertised. Customer service doesn't respond.
It's up to me to pay for shipping a part to me and to return it, based on false advertising on their web site as to vehicle fitment.
Part was also poorly packaged.

samirh8
7/20/18

Stay away! Worth company every! I am planning sue them by end of this month.I have order parts online, and they sent me wrong parts. i have requested return label they are not replying. worth customer service ever!

mariac424
7/19/18

This company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I returned an item and called to follow up on the return. They were nasty and did not help at all. I am still waiting for my money back.

Please do not order from them.

johng1077
7/13/18

Ordered oil filler cap for late model Porsche. Illustration on Website was exactly what I wanted. Part I received was cheap knock-off that I could have purchased for one-third the cost on eBay. Contacted their customer service and have been totally ignored since. Stick with Pelican Parts...you always know what you are getting from them!!

patrickh215
7/12/18

I ordered a part (headlight) listed on the Parts Geek website as specifically fitting my car by make, model and year. I received a part that has never been used on my model--completely wrong part. The company refuses to refund the (very high) shipping charges I paid or to pay the shipping I had to pay to return it. They sent the wrong part; they should pay for the shipping both ways. Their "customer service" emails were dismissive and unhelpful (I should have "taken pictures" before sending the part back--ridiculous!). Do not buy from this company.

dennisc224
7/12/18

they take forever to ship, they don't guarantee their products. The worst part is they'll send you the completely wrong part then expect you to pay for return shipping and a restocking fee!!! They are absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with!!

justink92
7/11/18

bad site to buy parts from . They sent me a broken part and so being with out the car at the shop waiting on the part for the time . they asked me to buy another to get one shipped out to replace the bad one. Just decided might as well just buy from another company that has a better guarantee of parts . Sadly Ebay is better to deal with when it comes to guarantees

caseyc90
7/9/18

Waited over a week for the product just to ship and never did. I had to call Parts Greek and was advised there was a "problem with my card" but the order went through and I was sent an order confirmation. I was never sent anything to my email about my card not going through. So while on the phone with the rep I used the exact same card to pay for it again and the rep advised it would ship that day. Of course that was not the case and it still took a few days before it ever shipped. To add icing to the cake when I finally received my order it was missing a ball joint out of the package. So again I had to call parts geek and i was advised I would have to ship the item back and get a refund. Only after I argued about this the rep advised the supervisor would see if the distributer could ship the ball joint but if not we would have to ship the item back and then we would be issued a refund. This company is the biggest joke ever!!

steveng245
7/7/18

I ordered the wrong set of headlights and immediately requested to cancel my order and Partsgeek refused and sent the order anyway. I had to pay for return shipping and a restock fee.

robertl670
7/6/18

They state fast shipping but it took 2 weeks to get the part through FedX shipping, would not use Parts geek again, stay away

timr179
7/5/18

The part arrived broken. I contacted them and was informed I need to send it back AT MY EXPENSE. I ordered from them because they were $4 cheaper. Huge mistake. Won't be using Parts Geek again. Waste of time and money.

lizj47
7/3/18

I had ordered a part off Partsgeek.com to fix my car. I purchased through Parts Geek because of the price and selection seemed very reasonable.
But my problem is, I never received my part.
I contacted the shipping service (UPS) and the Parts Geek for a resolve, but alas, I did not receive one. It was their lack of customer service that will keep me from purchasing from them ever again.

They did not seem to care that I was out the price of the part + Shipping, or the fact that I never received what I had paid for.

Proper Customer Service would have been to help. They could offer the same part for half off or to replace that part OR anything to help offer a solution to the problem. I will definitely take my business elsewhere.
If you were willing to work with me, I would have happily spent more money with you, buying parts in the future, I would have given you a great review, AND my car would be fixed by now.

I ordered a blower motor resistor control for my Lexus and recieved a rear defog on/off switch for a "I don't know what" in a used box. The paper that came with the part was correct for what I ordered. I got a return approval to return the item. What happens if I return the the part and it does not match the paper work that came with the wrong part? I Immediately contacted my bank and put the charge on my bank card in dispute along with all supporting data. I would call this "practiced fraud".

By Don B.

6/10/17 That was not my experience at all. A) I received an email RMA immediately upon contacting them. I returned the wrong part 2 days ago and they credited me back the exact day that they received it. Maybe they have read the reviews and cleaned up their act?

By Lee G.

Don't order from them. They will mostly likely ship the wrong item, or only send you a partial order, then keep your money and ignore you. They are more a sham than a legit business, in my experience.

By Nevin Y.

All directions concerning automobiles are made from the driver's seat orientation. So, yes the left is the driver's side.

By Fred A.

Questions? Get answers from the PartsGeek staff and other customers.

PartsGeek?