Review of PartsGeek

Marlton, NJ 08053
Tel: 0133-1827155

johnk502
2/16/18

I found parts cheaper and with free shipping on Ebay within ten minutes of ordering. Since there is no online option to cancel orders, I called as soon as business hour began (9:30am) to cancel order. Customer service was unwilling to offer any discount on shipping and could not cancel order and I would have to return parts for a refund minus shipping charges, which I will be doing. I will never use partsgeek again and would pay more before using partsgeek again.

tracim22
2/12/18

Will never buy from this company again. Ordered a part and fedex shipping shows it bouncing all over the country for over a week no where near where I live (I know these things happen and is NOT the fault of Parts Geek.) However when I call customer service to try to get more answers, I am told by a very rude man "It is not their problem", and before I can say anything else - he hangs up!!! Bad customer service, and I will be posting my experience on other review sites as well.

brentm59
2/9/18

I ordered 8 parts from Partsgeek. It was a $280. order. Half of the parts were incorrect for my SUV. Not even close. So I got an RMA and shipped the four wrong parts back to them and paid for the shipping out of my own pocket of course. I got credit for 2 of the parts sent back but not the other 2. So don't get sucked in by what seems to be low pricing. You will spend/lose more money, more time, more frustration trying deal with these people. Never again.

johnb1046
1/31/18

Called and asked them to make a small change to my order minutes after placing it online. Waited 20 minutes for someone to pick up the phone then the extremely rude young man I talked to refused to make the change and said I was s.o.l. and I'd have to pay to have items returned after they are shipped. It's easy to assume that the Partsgeek warehouse is mismanaged and there needs to be a drastic change in their hiring process and training procedures.

nicholasg36
1/29/18

After entering in all the specs for my vehicle I purchased a part that said was compatible. Upon trying to install the part on my vehicle I found that they shipped me a part from a completely different model. I tried to contact PartsGeek to return the item and they said they would neither pay to get it shipped back or refund the shipping amount for the incorrect part they shipped me.
I had to pay $12.95 to get it shipped to me and now they want me to pay another $25+ to ship the incorrect part back to them. Completely ridiculous. I could not be more dissatisfied with how PartsGeek is handling this. Customer service is unwilling to do anything to try to rectify their mistakes which is the reason for this review.
Will never give PartsGeek my business after this incident.

Tip for consumers: Do not buy parts from this website if there is even a 1% chance that you will need to return them. Do not rely on this website to send you the correct/compatible parts. Do not rely on this website to try to do anything to resolve customer issues

martinf72
1/23/18

Purchased a cooling fan for a 1985 Pontiac Fiero. They sent a defective (unbalanced) fan. We could not figure why there was a vibration after putting in the new fan motor and fan. Motor was removed and checked to be perfect. We reinstalled motor and fan and still have vibration. We checked all mounting points and any interferences, all good. Finally, bought another fan from GM Parts Direct, it works great. Tried to return defective fan and Parts Geek said it was after 30 days. Sad, con men like these get away with shafting customers. Don't buy from Parts Geek, you will be sorry. There are many others to buy from that are better and offer better service.

kennyw18
1/19/18

Horrible! I ordered an exhaust manifold that their online search said would fit when it arrived it wouldn't fit I went through their crappy return process only to find find out it was going to cost me more to return the part than what I paid for it! When I reached out to them for some help I was basically told I was screwed! NEVER AGAIN !

danielc244
1/19/18

Ordered a fan assembly for a 2015 Nissan pathfinder on 10-22-17. When the part arrived it was a condenser for an F-series pickup. After repeated phone calls (around 5), and waiting on hold, I was finally granted a return authorization. I immediately shipped the part back to them UPS and the received it on 11-16-17. Here we are 2 months later and several phone calls and I still have not received a refund. They keep giving me the run around that their "warehouse" has not authorized the refund yet even though it violates their 7-10 day refund policy. I suppose if you order a part and it arrives correctly, your experience would be a good one, however if there are any problems you are not going to get anywhere with their customer service. I guess I'll have to dispute the charges with my credit card company.

kevinl205
1/11/18

I ordered a wiper motor for a '78 Dodge van. When it arrived it didn't work. When I contacted them I was told they do not offer exchanges. I needed to return the part and re-order another. Then I found out that I had to pay return shipping, which is nearly the cost of the part. I had ordered another motor: when it arrived, it didn't work either. I will not be dealing with them again. This cost me money I cannot well afford, and wasted so much time.

karennas
1/9/18

First of all, im a broke 23yr old female who ordered from this website due to "discounts".
I ordered an alternator for my car, they sent the correct part, but DEFECTIVE! a small piece kept the alternator from fitting into the car. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS DEFECTIVE, I HAD TO PAY $46.20 TO RETURN THIS 15LB ITEM!! THE PART ITS SELF COST $46.58. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!? THE OOOONLY THING I GOT BACK FROM THEM WAS THE CORE CHARGE IN THE END.

When I tried to contact customer service about this, I was ignored, or they said they would get back with me and they never did. And in the end they still denied refunding me this shipping cost. I was basically robbed of $46.20 and they got their damn part back. I'm debating writing a report to the BBB. Because this is NOT good business!!

IF YOU NEED TO RETURN AN ITEM TO THEM, JUST TAPE UP THE F***ING BOX AND WRITE RETURN TO SENDER. I wish I had known and done that beforehand. I'm LIVID.

abelardog2
12/21/17

I order a part for my van the send the ron part, and they expect me to pay for shipping!!! It was going to cost me more money and my time to send it back. I just throw it away!! I will newer again order anything from them!!!

denisel82
12/19/17

I ordered a part and was sent an email saying as a first time Buyer that it was on hold since I was getting the part sent to another address that differed from my Credit card. I was told to add an alternate address to my credit card which I did and was told the order was processed. The company did IMMEDIATELY charge my credit card . The part was ordered and 13 days later i had not received it nor received a tracking order. The only way to reach them is through email. I finally get a call saying that they want a photo of my driver's licence. 13 DAYS LATER!! What a waste of time. The car part which I needed was not sent, nor did they bother to contact me until I contacted them but they had no problem charging my credit card. I'd never use their services again.

roccos25
12/7/17

I ordered an intake manifold gasket for a '69 Olds Cutlass. It's boxed wrong, and will cost me more to return it than I paid. Had I bothered to read this site first, I could have saved $35 and not tied up my customer's car for another week. NEVER AGAIN!

joem299
11/30/17

WAITING FOR ONE PART 6 DAYS SO FAR...PART IS COMING FROM NEW JERSEY, IM IN NEW YORK...30 MINUTES AWAY I COULD HAVE WALKED THERE 3 TIMES OVER I WAS BETTER OFF SPENDING $20 MORE AND GONE TO AUTO-ZONE

hankh17
11/16/17

I would give them less than one star if i could. I ordered a LUK clutch kit for my 94 F350 for $275. The kit comes with pressure plate, flywheel, clutch, alignment tool, throwout bearing and pilot bearing. They sent me the wrong one for my truck, one too small too bolt on. It was 83lbs, I had to ship it back and pay $70 for shipping(its in their policy they dont pay return shipping reguardless of fault). The clutch i shipped i did get refunded for 7 days later after it made it there. They told me they had the right one and it was $210 and they could have it shipped to me next day. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and paid for that one. It did come the next day, except it was a completely different brand (rhinopac) as soon i picked up the box i knew it was wrong, this box only had a flywheel and a clutch, for what appears to be a Ford Mustang, nothing that even resembles a heavy truck clutch kit. At this point i was infuriated that i would have to pay for shipping again, i expressed my concerns and they said, "the warehouse is going to send you a shipping label." Its been 2 weeks and still no label they only send them on wednesdays and fridays, so they say today is wednesday, called them again today and they still insist that im going to get the shipping label. They're customer service and reachability is god awful. Hold time varies 10-15 min each time you have to contact them. At this point i gave up on getting the clutch for them and ended up getting the correct LUK from napa for $350. Thats how a $300 job goes to $1000 job. You may save a couple dollars IF they send you the right part the first time, but the time you will waste with these people is irreplaceable and simply not worth it. Steer clear. PS I'm not sure how BBB rates businesses but the fact they have an A+ next to their name with a customer review rating of 54% positive, 45% negative, 1% neutral is ridiculous.

justinm127
11/16/17

Thank you so much for sending the blinker switch! My husband was able to replace it & it came to us very quickly! Great work guys!

bazelm
11/16/17

I ordered Bosch O2 sensor per their catalog, part listed was not correct, contacted by email -could not call to resolve, advised I expected full refund with shipping, was emailed back RMA- returned part, was refunded only cost of part -not shipping or return shipping. I made 2nd email request for shipping re-imbursement since error was not mine. Today I received response. PartGeek takes my satisfaction very seriously and to prove it they offer free shipping on my next order...which will never happen.
I responded the PartsGeek Customer Support Staff, "Strike 3"

joej129
11/1/17

I recently had a head gasket failure and ordered the necessary parts for the repair through #partsgeek.com. Paid for one day shipping and received the majority of the components within 2 business days except for the specialty tools (also ordered though them) to preform the job. It has been a week, and have yet to receive it. Called to inquire as to how to remedy the situation and was told there was nothing they can do. I should try and track the product down on my own. Now, for someone considering a parts vendor think about having yourself in this situation, where you have a broken car, a job to get to, the parts to repair it, but not the tool to complete the work, all while having ordered it all in advance and paid for the expedited shipping versus free ground shipping and when asking for help, being told to sit and spin... dissatisfied,disappointed, and disheartened FOR YOUR BENEFIT USE ANYONE ELSE.

johna735
10/26/17

i ordered a cam received a box of pushrods i called to fix problem and they hung up on me called again and some bozo told me to fax him a picture of the part i got i guess the moron did not know the differance between a cam and a pushrod. i deceided to get a refund from parts jerks but they kept hanging up on me. thats how they handle customers they always have a lame excuse let them sink dont do business with these guys.

nancyc201
10/6/17

I ordered some trunk struts from parts geek. they were the wrong ones. (I ordered online). I called customer service and they found the right parts. I bought them and paid for shipping. I then returned the wrong ones with the RMA # clearly on the side of the box. $16 UPS. They came back to me today, Reciever did not want, refused delivery. What the heck? Really? So now to dispute the charge of the wrong order with the credit card, etc. This is unreal.

dann1199
10/5/17

I ordered part and it came in wrong. They want me to pay for return shipping and won't refund original shipping on their mistake.

bretta12
10/2/17

Took SEVEN months and two weeks to get a core credit from these people, and that was only after having to resort to the threat of charging back the entire credit card charge. Never again.

joelk40
9/22/17

Called and verified parts before ordering they told me I need an extra seal because it did not come with ether of the other parts ( sending unit/lock ring) well the seal did come with both parts actually. And even though they told me I needed it I still have to pay shipping back to them. There policy is not matter who's at fault customer pays shipping back. Pretty ridiculous policy.

tylerp33
9/19/17

I was hesitant to purchase from Parts Geek, but decided to take a chance. I should have went with my gut.
They sent me two incorrect parts, and after about 15 emails and a phone call, they provided an RMA number to allow me to return it. THEY MADE ME PAY RETURN SHIPPING FOR THEIR MISTAKE, which was half the cost of my products! I still haven't received my refund! Incompetence with no accountability! Will never ever use the company again, or recommend them.

timothyj37
9/19/17

While I ill never order from them again and think their customer service set up is really bad bad bad, because you can't actually call but have to do all your correspondence via email. I will give them credit for actually refunding my money and paying for my return shipping.

I ordered a blower motor resistor control for my Lexus and recieved a rear defog on/off switch for a "I don't know what" in a used box. The paper that came with the part was correct for what I ordered. I got a return approval to return the item. What happens if I return the the part and it does not match the paper work that came with the wrong part? I Immediately contacted my bank and put the charge on my bank card in dispute along with all supporting data. I would call this "practiced fraud".

By Don B., PartsGeek Representative

6/10/17 That was not my experience at all. A) I received an email RMA immediately upon contacting them. I returned the wrong part 2 days ago and they credited me back the exact day that they received it. Maybe they have read the reviews and cleaned up their act?

By Lee G., PartsGeek Representative

Don't order from them. They will mostly likely ship the wrong item, or only send you a partial order, then keep your money and ignore you. They are more a sham than a legit business, in my experience.

By Nevin Y., PartsGeek Representative

Questions? Get answers from the PartsGeek staff and other customers.

PartsGeek?