ParcelMonkey UK

ParcelMonkey UK has a consumer rating of 1.5 stars from 24 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. ParcelMonkey UK also ranks 164th among Shipping sites. The most common issues with ParcelMonkey UK are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate ParcelMonkey UK?

“Excellent”

craig f.
1/17/19

Cant fault these guys - I use them all the time and the provide a great service - really good prices and very easy to use. Thank you very much for a great service

“Do not use”

Olga W.
7/31/20

They do not honor the insurance claims. Come up with all sort of excuses. The latest one, to qualify for insurance I have to have PayPal invoice dated not less than 6 months ago. How is invoice or even more the software the invoice was issued with is relevant? It is not. They will simply find what you don't have and make it a mandatory requirement. Very poor responses as well, literally to get any answer you need to leave a negative feedback somewhere. Don't use them, there are plenty of other alternatives online.

olgaw16
July 31st, 2020
nazlia1
June 10th, 2020
First, the courier didn't pick it up on the agreed date. Noone has even apologised. Then we arranged a new collection date. This time they collected it. But the parcel sat lying around London depot and noone has returned the item. When I contacted them, they said the parcel was oversized despite the fact that it was the exact same measurements I entered. No one had even bothered fo get in touch with me untile I contacted them to as what was going on. Bow, I am extremely distressed as I fear they either lost or damaged the item. Horrible nightmare!
alans177
July 6th, 2020
Booked and paid through Paypal online, i went through Parcel monkey and also paid for extra insurance to cover a cost of £200,00 toward item. Parcel monkey used Parcel force who of course smashed my item and i had to refund the buyer £207,00. I am now fighting for my compensation through Parcel monkey who are trying their hardest to avoid the situation and are lying to me, they are even telling me they will refund my original Paypal transaction that will include the insurance and will not have to settle my claim.
katrinaw77
August 21st, 2020
Paid for 48 hour delivery, our boxes arrived 3 days late. This we could cope with but when the boxes did arrive they were severely damaged. Whole sides were ripped off boxes and various items were smashed, broken and damaged. We packaged everything in line with the guidance and so we are obviously extremely disappointed with this service.

We took out insurance and this counts for nothing! They are refusing to give compensation for things NOT on the restricted items list. Absolute cowboys. They have broken so much of our stuff and I will have to replace it all myself.
craigf107
January 17th, 2019
ianl131
June 12th, 2020
Sent parcel to Poland beginning of March, several days later was returned on 25th March. This was due to Covid and businesses being closed. DPD said so via an email that parcel was automatically returned.
12th June my parcel has arrived in Southampton with me having to pay another £17 to have it returned to me as seemingly I wrote down the wrong address.
I have emails from DPD proving otherwise.
Parcel Monkey say its my responsibility to make sure businesses are open before sending. It WAS!
STAY AWAY
lukew118
May 9th, 2020
Their insurance is a scam, they will not pay for any damages and hide their list of prohibited items so you're not aware when booking
jont251
January 14th, 2020
Ok so things go missing, however I've used parcel monkey a hand full of times and had issues twice with missing items.

The latest situation is that they won't give you compensation unless you have the invoice for the item sent, this assumes that every item being sent is new and has an invoice.

Shoddy service and an even worse compensation policy...
benjaminw229
March 30th, 2020
Mixed feelings about Parcelmonkey, customer service is a joke! Have used them several times, but twice they've messed up big time. They promise next-day collection and delivery services, but then couriers fail to arrive - so ends up being 'rebooked' and the delivery has ended up being three days late as result. Parcelmonkey don't have a telephone number and hide behind online messages, there isn't even a 'live chat' (which they say they have, but it isn't there now). When I reported the problems they just replied back with a big list of legal T&Cs saying they were not responsible. Doesn't seem like a great company policy to me to take no responsibility for what your business is supposed to deliver. I had to ask three time for them to escalate the issue, which they said they did, but then I never heard from them again - they just ignored all my follow-up messages and requests. If you want a reliable service with customer service AVOID PARCELMONKEY, do yourself a favour and use another service.
alr147
July 1st, 2020
What an absolute disgrace of a company
They lost my item and gave me 7 days to produce a receipt or they wouldnt pay me.
I was unable to obtain the receipt in that time due to the company I bought from being closed due to Covid so I had to wait for an email back confirming purchase.
Parcel Monkey told me I was too late and the case is closed!
alexs996
February 17th, 2020
Absolutely diabolical service.

DO NOT use them at all. Unless you want to throw money away, lose your parcel and fight every day with their awful chat to try and get your money back.

I paid good money to ship a parcel with DPD, they lost it, I spoke to DPD and they assured me it was Parcel Monkey who were not completing the claim for a refund. So I have refunded my purchaser and paid the delivery so I am out of pocket massively.

They do not respond to chat messages and I have been pursuing a refund for over a month now. I am now being completely ignored.

Unbelievably bad service, they should be closed down. They don't even deserve one star.

DO NOT USE THESE MONKEYS
davec453
March 30th, 2020
Shocking customer service - No contact numbers - No actual contact rep - No actual offices - Use p2g
rb337
November 22nd, 2019
No pick up, no responsibility and a history of poor customer service, which is obviously why they do not have any contact details.
craigr135
November 27th, 2019
Quite simply... avoid this company they are shocking on every level. They take your money, fail to collect and deliver and they don't care less when you complain. AVOID!
pss2
October 24th, 2019
Beware of using this service. They disclaim all responsibility after taking your money and blame the courier company. Our goods were not delivered and the courier company sent us an 'has been delivered' update. They did not even attempt to make delivery and were fraudulent. Parcelmonkey (who our contract is with) refused to be responsible and also made up different stories about what could have happened, without bothering to check. I have spent over 3 hours trying to contact the courier directly and trying to contact parcel monkey. They have not refunded me also for the delivery fees paid.
alexb464
June 29th, 2019
STEER AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! COMPLETE RIP OFF IF YOUR ITEM IS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT THIS COMPANY WONT PAY YOU, THEY HAVE 1000 EXCUSES, EVEN IF YOU PAID FOR AN EXTENDED COMPENSATION. SO BE PREPARED TO LOOSE YOUR MONEY. NO RESPONSIBILITY AT ALL
ta10648
November 1st, 2017
The package arrived 7 days later than the original estimate, provided no tracking information in the meantime, charged customs tax more than 10 times because of their mistake declaring the value of the parcel more than 10 times what I stated. Their customer support were very poor. Each response was made by a new person, often contradicting prior conversations. I will now have to pursue the issue legally. Not recommended at all.
alank166
October 12th, 2019
Parcel monkey is a scam. They will take your payment, insurance money, and then lose your package and then disappear. And then you've been robbed. That will be your experience with this company. Truly a bad experience. Text me if you like and I can go into more detail. 5fourO 9zero7 5one9 five USA
janetb329
April 18th, 2019
After booking a delivery twice inadvertantly due to losing internet connection on first booking. Redid the booking and only one transaction showed up when checking out. Two minutes later two delivery notes arrived via email. Also two payments had been taken. I immeadi atly cancelled one and contacted them. My account shows one as having been cancelled and only one as delivered. Even after they have admitted the discrepancy and the paperwork that is on their system I cannot back my money back. It's just reply after reply. I willl never use them again. You cannot contact them and I have asked how two pay, ends were taken when only one showed on my basket when booking out. Beware they are awful to deal with
ariaanea
June 22nd, 2017
Parcelmonkey did not deliver my package to China back in March 2017. When I finally got enough information from Shanghai, China customs I had been informed the parcel had been sent back to the UK on the 22nd of May. 1 month later my parcel has not been returned to the sender address and Parcel Monkey keep responding with 'We'll look into it'. I need my items back safe and sound. I suspect that they've lost my package but won't admit to it. Terrible service, terrible communication all around. I will not use again and strongly recommend customers to buy DIRECTLY through a courier service directly and NOT a middleman like Parcelmonkey.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS - As you can see in the screenshot attached this saga began in March 2017. As of today the 22nd of June 2017 I have yet to receive the returned package back to the UK

Tip for consumers: Please go directly to a courier company and NOT a middleman. They refuse to take any responsibility when things go wrong.

mn79
October 20th, 2017
Absolute rubbish! AVOID THEM AT ALL COST.
I booked through them a service with DHL Express. My parcel was held up. When I called DHL they told me the parcel was actually handled by another company, not them, and to get in touch direct. This third company told me they could not deal with me direct as I had booked via Parcelmonkey and they would only accept instructions from Parcelmonkey. Parcelmonkey said they could not do anything a they are only a liaison between me and the courier.
markh134
March 3rd, 2015
I send away about 8 -12 parcels a week to customers all over the World, but about 70% to the UK. About two years ago I opened an account with online despatch service called Parcel Monkey. These company is a real monkey business…. The name is so accurate. I had so many problems with their service and finally I stopped using them. They frequently miss collections. They lost my parcels and offered me silly compensations. I lost a lot of business because of them. Be aware, this company is a kind of broker only. They take your money and then use different couriers to collect and deliver your parcel. They are "On line company" with almost no support. There are no telephone numbers to call, there are no "real people" to help if $#*! happens. The only way of communication is email. Mainly standard automatic replies irrelevant to your case. I strongly advice people not to use Parcel Monkey.
lizo3
August 10th, 2016
Will use this company again, How helpful and friendly they were! When having problems proving to pay pal I had sent my parcel back to china (Fashionmia's rubbish) they got and sent me back a POD and kept in contact with me until my problem was sorted. Excellent customer service.
djg2
May 20th, 2011
Great, simple, effective user interface to get parcels delivered using couriers. Also offer great pricing for the UK.

Customer support can be limited at times, but most queries/problems are sorted eventually.

They come up high on Google search, but it was total waste of money. They broke the parcel and refused to honor insurance claim. Don't got for cheapest, will cost you eventually

By Olga W.