OurTime

OurTime has a consumer rating of 1.53 stars from 245 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about OurTime most frequently mention customer service, credit card and fake profiles problems. OurTime ranks 26th among Senior Dating sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Contacted customer service several times and no response or anything done.
  • UPDATE I disputed OurTimes charges on my credit card.
How would you rate OurTime?

“Dating for dummies ha ha ha”

Mark L.
1/22/18

I've used a lot of dating sites in my late forties/ early fifties, ourtime ranks high on my list because it's so blooming simple (a bit like me ha ha)! Some sites I love (primetimelove.com a good example) but others I just do not get the appeal (e. G tinder ha ha)! Anyway hope you all find what you're looking for and have a good 2018!

“Catfish / Scammers”

Jolie E.
3/31/20

Catfish / Scammers. Thank you I did only one month trial subscription. Start chatting with one, widow, have a daughter... and next day he is traveling to Turkey and asked me for a gift card to send via email to his daughter. Beautiful pics of famous Indian Singer. Second one same thing... I'm widow... traveling to Dubai... have a son in New York and Asked me to buy a gift card of $... scratch it and send the info to his son. Please stay away... look like they are 18 years old young w / fake profile.

customer service (27) credit card (15) phone number (12)
joliee3
March 31st, 2020

garys1072
July 22nd, 2020

My Ourtime profile was hacked. Information was changed., Many people started responding to me and I didn't understand it until I saw that suddenly I was a very rich widower that was taller and wanted to travel the world, Very poor security, Use ourtime at your own risk,. I recommend avoiding it altogether, No response from our time regarding these problems., Customer Service doesn't exist, Terrible experience,

tommyp98
March 5th, 2021

A lot of Profiles are fake, made by people who get paid to create profiles.
All they do is take your money and offer you other apps they say to help you be more successful but it's so they can get more money out of you.
There are real people on here.
But a lot of them live in another state.
And the real ones that are on there
I'm not really too interested in. They don't have a good selection
If I were you I would stay with the top five rated take a chance with them instead

deeandrab
September 13th, 2020

This site is full of scammers and when reported nothing is done. They send 6 to 8 notifications a day about your 30 matches to view even when you viewed them. They pay no attention to the age brackets you pick and send whatever including the same sex as you. When asked to cancel subscription and a refund they refused. They use old profiles to send with matches as I had several that said the were getting off 4 years before. The last week of my subscription I started having 58,47, or 28 views per day when normally less than 10. Very disheartened with my first experience of a dating site.

sarahp663
July 6th, 2020

I've been waiting several days to get one simple photo approved. I also cannot access my account settings. Says it's not available. I paid for a six month subscription to a dating site I cannot use! I've emailed customer service several times with no response nor can I get a person on the phone. Not even somebody in India picks up a call for this outfit. I feel like I've been ripped off. Do NOT buy a subscription with these people. Take your money to a different dating site.

maryg1627
February 16th, 2021

I was listed in Ourtime for 12 months with an interesting bio and 12 photos. Over the months, I wrote a peppy line to five dozen guys within 30 miles of me. No one answered. Ourtime said the guys only sign up for the free listing and can't respond until they pay the membership fee. Be forewarned that the men on this site are not motivated to finding a relationship

Tip for consumers:
That the men don’t respond

Our Time Dating for Seniors

teddyc24
July 21st, 2020

The bottom line is that Ourtime team makes money on recurring payments and overcharges.
They provide no real service but they just don't let you cancel, using all kinds of legal and illegal tricks. Ourtime is a hoax, maybe it was a good concept once, but its execution is very poor now, it's ridiculous. Trust me, you will do yourself a big favor, if you don't go near this "service".

sharonm934
April 29th, 2020

Not only are your "matches" not close to where you live, but you can't cancel this horrible site once you've signed up. I get an email everyday with my matches... every day I contact the help screen to remove my account. There is no help, there is no customer service, and the settings screen actually has a message saying you can't access your account. What a crappy site!

davec708
February 19th, 2021

I should have read the reviews first before I joined for one month because I wasted my money. Most of the messages are "FAKE"--And the women that are on there will not communicate at all. I'm a good looking guy and well off. Any woman that is worth looking at will not communicate. They just post their profile and sit and wait for guys to contact them. And most will never reply back. I didn't pay right away but when I saw I got 12 messages I thought I better pay to read them. What a joke, they were all fake come on messages to get you to join.---DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

michellea638
July 6th, 2020

I paid for this site today for a month membership for close to 40.00 as I had 99 messages in my in box however those messages were computer generated no thought process in regards to someone actually putting forth the effort to send me an E mail message. The men on the site are not what I was looking for at all. I called customer service and got a full refund. I will take my money and join E Harmony instead.

dahliac2
February 1st, 2020

As a subscriber Ourtime.com you get 100 profile suggestions/day.
- I daily discover so called scammer/misused pictures
- Over manipulated pictures with fake backgrounds, oversized upper arms, enlarged hands. Too obvious
- Pictures with under aged children
- Too many profiles have no picture, visiting your profile even sends a like to you
- For an additional fee you can browse other profiles incognito
On their web site is says: "Verified profiles"!

In the end of the day I wonder I pay for. All my contact with their customer service has worked well.

mariam1152
April 18th, 2020

I was sent a promotion payment, then sent another bill for a higher price and then another price for renewal. No way to able change renewal as account has locked me out. So many scammers. After a couple of weeks they stopped sending promotion. Still can't access my account. My computer keeps telling me it is full of viruses and scammers. Don't recommend this site.

deannam32
April 21st, 2017

I have tried other dating sites and went on a few dates that were ok. When I signed up on OurTime I ended meeting the most wonderful, caring and loving man! We have been together almost 2 years now! We travel together we have fun together and I feel I have met my soulmate! We both have older children and they are also happy for us! I have never been treated better and he feels the same! Our 6 word love story is "Met online and fell in love" Thank you OurTime for helping us find true love

andys356
August 17th, 2020

Very poor technically! Problems with security! Even bigger problems with scammers and gold-diggers. In other words, it's scammers' paradise, they feel great there and run rampant. Customer service ignored all my attempts to report a scammer. Do yourself a favor chaps, just stay away from them!

robertc2892
May 25th, 2020

I was conned into this scam site by their fake daily suggestions. They use so many fakes to entice you to pay. Once you have paid for subscription you can hardly cancel it. Customer service is worthless, they just ignore my requests for cancelling. The only way to stop them from charging you for the features they make up every week is to change you bank card. The reason I want to cancel it is overwhelming amount of scammers on Ourtime. You can't identify a real woman there, there is just no way to find her because of endless scammers.

michaelg2918
January 23rd, 2021

Messages from women? All over the country. I answered 40 supposedly women in my area - not 1 responds. They want more $. Stay away!

yvonnes279
March 5th, 2021

Stay away don't waste your money! The people on there are most likely not someone you are looking for!

Products used:
There is no shipping involved

dorothyc246
June 11th, 2020

The MAJORITY OF MEN DO NOT POST PICTURES. THEY SEEM TO THINK JUST BECAUSE THEY SEND U A " notice" you should jump! They do not READ your requirements even a simple one like post a picture for response. I trued canceling my subscription and ACCIDENTALLY renewed! They would not let me cancel. It sign up with a special and you do not cancel it, it eill AUTOMATICALLY RENEW At full price!'

georges1247
February 28th, 2021

This site lacks everything we take for granted as part of a respectable business operation. Yes, initial cost might seem low, but the operation and service does NOT meet the barest minimum of service. My experience and response is from a male perspective.

There is no site wide ability to select geographic match limitations. Daily match referrals will include profiles from all over the country. Even in the search system, which does allow a search specification of "close" to a specified zip code, you are presented with contacts 4 -5 hrs driving time away!

Of those daily matches, expect a good number will be inactive or fake profiles. After composing a message to a presented "match" who really is not an active member, you will be given the option to enroll in a "reply for free" program ($8.95/month) that allows the non-member to respond.

There is no respecting desired status of the match. Constantly, as a guy seeking biologically correct females, the site presents a guy sporting a female name as a possible match. NOT in my world! Complaints about this are met with a form letter email that claims your concern will be addressed shortly. Don't hold your breath. A personalized response NEVER comes.

Another common scam is the presentation of very attractive female photos claiming to be in your reasonable age frame, but obviously very young. Of the ones conceivably (visually) in an appropriate age range, after some initial communication, expect to be requested to help financially with some sort of emergency situation. Although less common recently, in language syntax, they seem to have an oriental or Spanish back ground. Fortunately, they are easy to pick out, and if you are so inclined, good fun to screw with.

The site's email system is another joy! The cursor constantly jumps around the screen, inserting type in unintended locations. It is best when signing in to tap the keep me logged in button, otherwise, in the middle of typing, your communication will be dropped, without any advance notice or automatic saving of intended message. If you are logged in to stay, you can select to log out when desired. You will also be notified when giving a detailed email that you are out of space and must close/send. They really must have searched hard to find such a poorly performing email system.

As with any broken clock (showing the correct time twice a day) occasionally it is possible to meet an interesting prospective & active "match". In those very rare situations, all the negatives in dealing with the site might be over looked, but most of us can have better and more enjoyable use of our time.

I hope this review has been helpful.
Unfortunately, this program will not accept a file in word format and is requesting jpg or other photo file format. That will require printing the email and then scanning in as a photo. Unfortunately, I am not in my office and am unable to accomplish those tasks at the moment, working on my laptop away from office.

Tip for consumers:
Don't expect anything but the worst and you will not be disappointed!

OurTime 6 month membership

clarencem57
March 24th, 2020

In September 2019, I subscribed to OurTime for one month for $15.00 but was charged $100.00. When I complained my account was frozen. I have contacted them several times and my issue was supposedly escalated 3 times and was told the company would respond in 2 to 3 days. As of March 24,2020, I have heard nothing from them. They overcharged me and will not refund my money. It has been more than 6 months and the issue has not been resolved.

peterm1292
August 24th, 2020

For anyone thinking of upgrading to the subscription service – forget it!

As soon as you do, the "Views" and "Likes" dry up, unless of course you pay again to "Boost" your profile.

You'll be presented with loads of ‘matches' who live literally hundreds of miles away!

You'll be blocked by some users without even interacting with them!

You'll be ignored, just like the free sites.

Ladies: No matter what they tell you, putting up a photo and a few words in your bio will not attract some George Clooney/Brad Pitt look-a-like to sweep you off your feet. Get real!

Guys: honestly, you're as well heading over to Plenty of Fish. You'll be ignored there as well, but at least you don't have to pay for the privilege.

dorothyc175
January 22nd, 2020

The computer has been keeping me out, I have not been able to let the people I have talked to, do anything
About it. Long years ago I was a member and I gave them my email and now they are telling me I already have
An email, because they are using the old one and I am paying for a new one. I still have the same email from
Years ago and they are telling me I am using somebody else email.

carls370
April 3rd, 2020

Possibly the worst online dating experience so far. First of all the site itself (and app) is crude at best. Doesn't provide valid real time information. I've had the same number of emails in my message box for days even though new messages have come in. So it looks like nothings changed but in reality it has.

Way, way, way too many scammers who aren't paying but add their phone numbers to the middle of their fake profile. And somehow this site doesn't filter out crap like that.

Every review I read about OurTime seemed to suggest it was a good site. It is NOT. It's terrible. More fake profiles than real. No way to actually know you has viewed or liked you recently.

Never again. I am signed up for three months - another scam they developed. But I have cancelled future payments and I guarantee I wont be coming back to this site - even during my remaining time period. Just not worth it.

danielf903
April 16th, 2021

This site is loaded with fake profiles. The automated system tells you have messages when in reality someone just liked a picture. If you buy a membership and message someone you still have no way of knowing if they saw the message or can reply unless you spend another $9 for paid replies. The site is user friendly is why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1. Not many local matches either but I guess the older you get the harder it gets?

victorc321
September 22nd, 2020

The lowest scum on earth. Nothing but parasites and scammers. The worst are the corporate that use women to enrich themselves. Crooks!

Not sure what you mean by the shaded areas. But never mind, I agree with Alex H, don't get involved with them, they are just after your money. The reply rate is extremely low and the site is full of fake profiles. You will just lose your time with it ( like I did and I regret it). It's important to find a legit site, the site that should suit you best and I found mine: https://j4l.com/402007 It's 100% legit and valid and they don't resort to bots and fakes. I met my girlfriend through them so I know it's a working site!

By Shawn C.