gabes18
12/6/17

I joined 6 months ago and regret it. Not even a date ( no, I'm not ugly). the site tells you people "flirt" with you but they are always across the country and 28 years old.
When you look at a profile it will send some of the people a flirt from you. Also when you cancel membership and still have 10 days left, they will prevent you from reading messages and send fraudulent hits to you profile and more messages you can't see.

angelah127
11/28/17

Ive always said you should try everything in life and im proud that even in my late fifties I could attempt something as alien as internet dating. And I really enjoy it! And its not just lSeniorPeopleMeet that Im learning to use but also another site called Primetimelove.com. They are both very different in terms of the way the site looks and works, but they have a lot of similarities too. Ive had dinner and high teas with gentlemen on both sites, so I dont think I could pick a winner. In fact the only winner here is me, as I have a life again!

bethw74
11/25/17

this is nothing but a gambling site with algorityms built in to make you feel you have plenty of contacts. These people aren't really writing to you, it's the site that is doing it so that you will respond to someone. It's really ashame that they are ripping people off and making millions.
Beth in San Jose, California

Tip for consumers: do your research and don't use them

brianh98
11/13/17

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE - THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF !!!
Years ago I signed up with this ripoff site and after updating my profile preferences, these dirtballs completely ignored them and matched me with people hundreds - even thousands of miles away - and had nothing in common with the "what I am Looking for" descriptions. I went through total BS trying to cancel this mess and was charged even after I canceled - and had to get the credit card company involved - but finally...finally got these scumbag charlatans to leave me alone - then I get an email from them telling me it's time to renew...I opened the email, realized who it was from and then swiped to close the email (I was on my cell phone)...and they RENEWED my account from a swipe to close an email !!! I called my credit card company immediately because you CAN NOT get customer service from these rip off artists at all - the transaction hasn't posted yet but when it does, I will be immediately contesting it - but I found a phone number - for those of you who are experiencing customer service issues call this number 866-727-8920 - they're still nasty little ripoff artists on that end of the phone, but at least it's a place to start and you won't find that number on their website - anyway, I told the scumbag service rep that I had no intention of renewing and that I had just swiped the email to close it when it had renewed - they charged me $71.25 - in talking with the little scumbag thief, he agreed to refund me all but $4 of that claiming it was their 'servicing and processing' fee - for what? Ripping people off and then charging them to refund a portion of what they ripped off? What a total scam and a total illegitimate ripoff action - I argued with the little piece of garbage service rep and of course, that's how they stay in business - ripping people off and they would not refund that BS service charge - so when it posts, I'll contest that service charge and see about getting that refunded - but STAY AWAY FROM THESE THIEVES - if you even get close to their site and if it can even sniff your credit card, they'll find some way to charge you for something you don't get and don't want - this site needs to be shut down because they're totally crooks and will rip you off - if you get an email from them, don't open it, just delete it, because the moment you open it, they're setting you up to be inadvertently charged and you're giving them an opportunity to steal - these guys are thieves running a scam website with no accountability - stay away - really, stay away big time

alinam26
11/10/17

Stay away of this site. They will charge your visa but will not give you access to the site, claiming they did not receive your payment. Terrible experience! Don't waste your money.

daves273
11/2/17

Im really getting into this online dating stuff now! I signed up for SeniorPeopleMeet initially & now im a full member on PrimetimeLove.com as well! With those two sites im getting a really nice balance of having lots of opportunities to chat with other people who are using the sites over email messages and also getting out & about and meeting some interesting people in person. Im not often bothered by time wasters, nor do I get many offensive messages. Its just a nice place where I can go onlne and speak with people who are similar to me (lost my partner to cancer in 2015). Good clean fun that you can turn to when you wish (sometimes I go a few days without logging on) and a great way to stay positive and enjoy life at a time when being sociable is harder than ever. Very pleased I gave it a try!

marya795
10/31/17

Horrible experience with charges to credit card that I did not initiate. There are so few users of this site and many profiles appear to be "fake". Stay away from site and try elsewhere. Finally, there are sooooo many ads it's dizzying.

errolm8
10/24/17

False/phony messages and flirts. False profiles. Not local. I received messages and when I checked them the profile was no longer available. Also women not within 25 miles of my location. Matches were fron out of state/province.

sams419
10/13/17

I am in California, SeniorPeopleMeet is "matching" me with members in New York, Florida, Alaska, you get the idea. Waste of money!

charlenem35
9/27/17

Everything about this site sucks. They have no way for you to narrow your search in mileage. I've been out on a couple of dates the pictures do not match the people, I've never seen so many Christians who wanted to jump into bed immediately! This place is a total scam I applied for one month and they hit my credit card for almost $60. Worst dating site ever

marks544
9/18/17

As a young at heart 50 something I've been giving this online dating stuff a whirl to see if it can help me solve a few of my problems with finding things to do. The older you get, the less there seems to be going on, if you are unlucky enough to be a singleton like me! I run my own small business so meeting someone at work has never really been an option. I'm not particularly wealthy but have some disposable income and yes, I admit it would be nice to have someone to spend it with; holidays, theatre trips, etc. Im a member of the wine club but no eligible singles there im afraid. So I tried SeniorPeopleMeet and it really gave me an insight into online dating. I built up confidence on the site and altough I didnt meet anyone in my area, I think its worth trying if you are over fifty and serious about meeting someone for a long term relationship (friendship or more). The experience on the site led me to PrimeTimeLove.com, which has really made a big impact on my life. I've had dates (from dinner to table tennis!) and met some lovely people through the site. I definitely get the feeling I could become one of their success stories in time...here is hoping.

js316
9/16/17

This is the hardest site I've ever seen to try and navigate through. And you have to reset everything every time you go in it doesn't give you matches that you want it grows out matches for whatever waste of time waste of money.

johnc813
9/8/17

Donna Finch is going to get your money !! Don't contact her , I'm warning you !! She is sexy and her body is a 10, but everything is about money money and money.

rogers221
9/7/17

No, I'm just kidding! But it is the most entertainment you can get for 15 bucks a month! Scammers everywhere, nut jobs, serial daters looking for a free dinner, phoney profiles and much more! I read these profiles and laugh! Old worn out nurses, and fat school teachers, old divorced women looking for someone to pay off their credit cards, needy women who want to travel the world but have no money. It's a total waste of time, Everything is phoney, you will never meet anyone nice, but it is fun if you don't take it too seriously. It's just for laughs!!!

joyf19
9/6/17

FULL OF BULL!

i was getting lot's of messages, favors and likes BEFORE I JOINED! Over 180 messages to entice me until I paid my money to try it... From there it went to 1 or 2. Why the big difference all of a sudden? I think this is a great big SCAM. They have people or ways to make you think you are getting a lot of interest until you join... After that, its a bunch of BULL!!! Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time or your money....I'm sorry I did. It's the second time I've been fooled by them... Never again!!!

audreys32
8/29/17

I JOINED ON THE 15TH, THEY WERE HAVING A SPECIAL FOR $15.00. THEY HIT MY CREDIT CARD FOR OVER $30 AND THEN AGAIN FOR $22.00. OVER THE WEEKEND I HAD A FEELING THEY WERE DISHONEST AND CALLED MY CREDIT CARD CO, WHICH IS HOW I FOUND OUT. FILED A COMPLAINT AND BLOCKED THEM FROM PUTTING ANYTHING ELSE ON MY CARD. OH YES, PEOPLE ON THERE ARE OUT AND OUT LIARS, FAKE PROFILES, REALLY NASTY PEOPLE. STAY AWAY

billf78
Bill F.
8/26/17

My fiancee wouldn't talk to me for a whole day as she assumed that I was on your $#*!ing site cheating you $#*!s. How dare you invade my privacy and life with your bull$#*! page on my laptop you $#*!ers. Pull this $#*! again and I will report you the BBB. You suck and if you are that sucky a $#*!in singles program that you have to insinuate yourselves onto my desktop then you can all go $#*! yourselves got it!

normanp18
7/24/17

Gave this a try and I quite like it I must say. A very nice lay out and some lovely people. Im not sure how successful it will be for me. The reason I took so long to try it is that ive been very fortunate on PrimeTimeLove.com and I even know a couple that got married through that site, so its still my 'number one' but I think it can help to try others out too and improve my chances of meeting someone special through setting up more dates 'in person'. Wish me luck!

shirleyb57
7/17/17

please do not waste your time and money...I filled out a profile..decided against
signing up...then I started getting high pressure sales calls from them ...really insistant and really rude...scary

wayneh62
7/15/17

Huge scam. Fake profiles. Lie after lie. All about getting your money. While I was a paying client I rarely was contacted my anyone on the site. After I canceled my paid membership, within 24 hours I had 68 views on my profile, 17 likes, 15 yes's, and 38 flirts. hmmmm you think it could be fake profiles? haha

deed143
7/10/17

This website is absolutely TERRIBLE!! They are associated with many other dating sites, like Match, Our time, Love & Seek, Marriage Minded People, etc etc. They are all connected and your profile goes up on all of them once you do a cash signup. But, you have to PAY EACH SITE if you want to be active on each of them. But there's no way to opt out of having your profile plastered all over the companies they do business under. They claim to have an opt out button, but each time you come back to the site and check your account, it's been changed back to opt in!!! I only wasted 20 bucks and pulled my profile off, never again! For any of them! POF might get a lot of bad reviews, but it's free and you can actually message someone and receive a message back and it costs you nothing. Sure, it's filled with scammers, but listen now: THEY ALL ARE. Do NOT waste your money on any of the dating sites owned by People Media.

paulah56
Paula H.
6/14/17

SeniorPeopleMeet is a rip off. There are so many fake profiles and scammers. There isn't a way to contact customer service. I had messages from a man that claimed to live in San Antonio and when I did a Been Verified search for him, there were no results for San Antonio. I told him to stop messaging me because of what I found out and he did but then I noticed a few days later he had changed the city he was from. He's a scammer and it should be easy to let the website know but it's not.

Also my age limit is 64 to 74. Almost all of the matches are men in their 50s so it really doesn't matter what you put in as your age range. Totally useless.

I only paid for one month and I am so glad that I did because I will not be renewing. I've gotten lots of looks and some of the canned messages but very few actual messages. I am an attractive fit woman with an interesting profile so it's not that I am not appealing. I think many people use this site as entertainment to pass the time and as somewhat of a social network instead of having real life friends.

nhorag
6/13/17

They will charge and charge and overcharge your account. Horrible customer service. Save your pennies and go to a better service

bernardm31
5/30/17

Really enjoying this site, like the focus on people who are more 'mature' even if it's a little condescending. In terms of people on the website there's certainly good numbers and variety but it still falls a little behind my favourite dating site PrimeTimeLove which I would highly recommend to those that arent already members like me. Overall a good site, 8 / 10.

shirleyh72
5/18/17

It has been 3 months and they cannot fix my technical issues
I have emailed 3 times and called them, they make no attempt to return emails or try to solve issues
I would not recommend this site

Tip for consumers: Do not sign up for this site

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, Brian, I would like to think the persons we are trying to meet maybe left the site or found someone. The bottom line is this, I have never ever heard anything positive about this Web site. It makes me ill sending you messages you can't read until you pay more than as you look at the advertising the clock is running. No worries we all got ripped off it happens

By Emily C.

They are often real, but not unfortunately of a very high caliber. I know that sounds awful, but I do not set my standards too high. I just tend to be a realist. Good luck to all.

By Kate T.

I'm not familiar with eHarmony; I'm on POF (plenty of fish); seniorpeoplemeeet.com, and match.com (I dislike match.com and when my current 'membership' expires; I'm definitely not renewing; they do not want us 'customers' to contact them & make it very difficult for us to do so. I just go on the internet and find them thru that . . .POF is probably the best; they tend to be reasonably priced; make it easy to contact them, etc. SeniorPeopleMeet.com I would not recommend either; they make it extremely difficult to get in contact with them (on purpose, no doubt!).

By Karen P.

if you did not turn off the automatic renewal and got your first membership at a discounted price, they will automatically renew you at the regular price at the end of your 6th month membership.

By Virginia M.

when you cannot get on a site you need to go on the net, find them, and ask for customer service. I've found several phone numbers that way . . .Karen

By Karen P.

Get ahold of better business bureau and report. Also call your state attorney general office, tell your story. They will look in to this. I can not find a number or email to contact "The Main Office" at this site seniorpeoplemeet.com

By Anne S.

I paid and was getting fake E mails everyday.Rip off.

By Mark D.

yes, there are real people on SeniorPeopleMeet.com. I know, because I've met several of them here in Sacramento, where I live. Nice people, just not 'the one', but have made some new friends, and although I'm not crazy about this site, because it's not totally user friendly, it's not bad. It's the better of several sites that I've tried . . hope this helps . .Sunshine 'N Smiles . .Karen

By Karen P.

Hi, When you go to your site you must bring the person up when they are on line. When you click on them and the email box opens in the upper right hand corner click on the middle icon looks like a spiky wheel and it gives you 3 choices. Click on block this person. Hope this helps you out.

By Bridget L.
Questions? Get answers from the SeniorPeopleMeet staff and other customers.

SeniorPeopleMeet?