Review of AARP Dating

Tel: 1-888-687-2277
theteam@howaboutwe.com

lillians28
12/7/15

My grandaughter paid for a six months membership as a gift to me. Had one response. Could not reach anyone to speak about it. Very difficult to use. Was such a waste of money. She is a student and has very little money. I felt used.

roseannc2
11/2/15

This site is disappointing and difficult to use. You can never contact anyone on authority by phone. Most of the matches are not even members so they cannot answer emails. I noticed too late that the reviews are not good. I would not recommend this site at all and am disappointed on AARP, my go-to place for everything else. I love being a member and use their services all the time. I guess everyone is entitled to one mistake!

jc145
5/29/15

I'm new to online dating/meeting. I trusted this site as I thought it was an AARP program.
It is NOT. It is HOWABOUTWE and has nothing to do with AARP.
No one at AARP knows anything about this inept program or website.
No tech support. The NY phone number, 718-666-3720, for HOWABOUTWE is not valid.
If you don't cancel within 3 days NO REFUND.
HOWABOUTWE website is all about FAQ......don't waste your money or time

consumerr
5/19/15

My photos were nice. My profile was interesting and I am a good catch. Nobody "viewed" me or responded to my messages in 3 days. So. I deleted my account and asked for a refund.

deem41
2/22/15

One would think that this dating site would encompass many upscale, outstanding, AARP members looking for the opportunity to meet others for dating, companionship, possible relationships, even marriage or re-marriage. I am glad I read the reviews before submitting a membership. I wasn't impressed with the preview of available matches, going through the sign-up process, so that raised the flag. This was the last attempt at internet dating for me. I will remain off-line.

carolf25
2/18/15

I have only been part of this AARP sanctioned dating site for a month or so but it is without a doubt the worst and most customer-unfriendly and expensive online service anyone could imagine, as these many previous reviews suggest.

Shame on AARP for being part of this: after all the articles on scams (including dating site fraud) in their own magazine, how dare they shun responsibility for this problem-riddled site, for unresponsive customer service, and for a lack of consideration for their own members.

If anyone has an idea of how to get AARP or "How about we " to pay attention to our very real concerns, I'd be happy to help in the effort.

kmh1
1/21/15

This is a serious waste of money. The format provides little information of value to get a good overall profile. Most possible matches are in not so nearby metro areas. Also the site is so poorly designed that it locks up and won't respond quite frequently. I was very happily married (now widowed) to a match on a different dating site but chose this because of the age group and I foolishly trusted the AARP brand. I am well aware of what it takes to make online dating services work and this one is feeble at best. Go elsewhere!

leeannb2
10/19/14

This is the worst dating site I have ever joined. I have had a number of people interested. Every one of them was a scam artist. I guess they think that "old" people are stupid.
Stay away from this site!

judithp7
9/15/14

Dating-AARP.org/#login-menu--- "AARP Dating" thought when I read about this site in my current issue of AARP magazine that this would be a good site otherwise AARP would not lend their name to this service--WRONG. I registered all the information required. Next several guy's profiles & pictures showed up. A couple of them looked interesting again I followed the next step. But in order to proceed I would have to pay for a "subscription". This was supposed to be a free for seven day opportunity. At this point all of the information about the "matches" disappeared. I did not "join" & thank goodness!! Then I read the reviews on this site--Lesson learned: always read the reviews posted on any & all sites you may be interested in.

patriciaj12
9/8/14

I joined last nite, and they took my credit card info, didnt ask for my aarp card to get a cheaper rate, didn't ask. Me how long I wanted to join , just did a update on my acct and charged me $36.00 for 6 months then I read this page where all the complaints were, so this morning I emailed them to cancel me,I wrote 3 times today and they have done nothing, it says if you notify them before 3 days is up. They will cancel it, and return your money, I won't mess with them , they better get with it. I can't believe AARP would get messed up in something like this, I like aarp,the magazine and everything is good, but don't waste your money on this dating site, it's a waste of time and money,it's sad , not a way to find a mate!!

ns21
7/31/14

Actually, I would have chosen a -5. Feedback from members is extremely poor. Customer service does not respond to emails and the phone number is no longer accurate. They overcharged me and claimed that they refunded the full amount, which they did not. Pls don't waste your time on this site.
NS

jackg26
7/15/14

Just terrible. Only about 3 matches that were less than weeks old. Their vetting program is horrendous. Total of time and money.

donb34
5/26/14

Don't waste your money on this site. There are very few users. Most log on infrequently. Not worth a plugged nickle.

ritak5
10/15/13

Horrible and depressing. First I was "matched" with people in my immediate community and it was very clear that AARP took nothing about my cultural, educational or preferences to consider my matches. Then when I gave them feedback about this, as I am not "married" to where I live, then I was "matched" for a "date" with out of state men, some clear across the country, The message I got was that there was NO one available near me to consider. Also the feedback or how are we doing is not friendly and I get the impression that they really don't want feedback, otherwise they want money.

theresar
10/11/13

I don't consider this the fault of aarp or "how about we", but the men on this site are no better than those on other online dating sites. Some of the distant men might be great, but I am seeking someone local and haven't found anyone at all.

lucyj2
6/3/13

I found there to be too few decent men on the AARP's dating site. Also while the site says it is free to join, to send and receive messages to other members you need to pay and they need to pay too. So you really have to pay if you want to meet people. Also if you subscribe they set your subscription to auto-renew so it's very easy to forget and keep paying them for something you don't even use. I think there are better senior dating options out there.

Did you get your charges off your credit card, N.S.?

By Anne J.

Did you get the charge taken off your credit card, Caryn A. ? The site advertises that if you don't get a date in such and such length of time, your money will be refunded. How can you prove you didn't get a date?

By Anne J.

Our Time is a good one. Stay away from AARP. it's not even affiliated with AARP the organization.

By Rose-Ann C.

Questions? Get answers from the AARP Dating staff and other customers.

AARP Dating?