Review of Optyca

Brooklyn, NY 11229, United States
sales@optyca.com

yomib
11/18/14

I ordered Cazal Legends 904 097 Gold White CZ 904 097 for my wife 8 days ago, and till now i keep calling the number for info and phone hangs up!... No tracking number , Nothing!
I am not a competitor trying to tarnish anyones image, I am a legit customer that paid $324.95 for these for my spouse and she keeps bugging me for them which makes me feel bad. Its passed 3-5 business days and NO info whatsoever.
Can anyone please kindly contact me from this company and send me my tracking number or refund asap please.
Thanks.

ORDER NUMBER 22509

scama
11/18/14

THIS SITE IS A SCAM AND THEY WRITE ALL THEIR OWN REVIEWS. ITEM NEVER SHIPS AND CANT REACH THEM.

erinl12
1/26/14

Optyca is the WORST !!!! they ripped me off for over $600.00. they are a bogus buissness .They scam the system too. they don't list a legitimate buissness address so you can't sue them either. I believe in karma. everyone at this company will pay dearly one day. . STAY AWAY

marcz3
11/20/13

I purchased a pair of gucci sunglasses from the company because they were 150$ cheaper on their website. I paid the 45$ for expedited shipping to canada. After the week had past of not receiving them I contacted them for additional information regarding a tracking number. They did reply fairly quickly but excuses
were made. After checking the status of the order with canada post, that is who takes over from usps they informed me that they were in fact sent standard not expedited.

At this point I sent a very unhappy email and threatened to file legal action with my credit card based on false advertising and shady business practices. The next day I received a full refund for the shipping cost and an apology from the company.

The package was held up at canada customs for over 2 weeks...that was the reason for the delay so I'm not sure if they are incompetent and filled the paper work out wrong as well. Lol the package has been released now but canada customs and I should receive them within a week. I will update on the quality of the product upon arrival.

So if you really want to save money and have time to follow these guys around for a couple weeks then buy them and expect the worst. Otherwise I would stay away from this company.

danielg43
10/16/13

I ordered a pair of Persol sunglasses and Optyca processed my PayPal payment. Days later, I was informed by email that the item was backordered. Says after that, I was informed by email that the item was discontinued and several alternative products were suggested--none of which worked for me. I didn't realize until several weeks later that they'd kept my money. PayPal wouldn't help because too much time had gone by. Optyca has ignored now 4 emails from me demanding a refund, and 5 months have gone by. I am an attorney. I am considering suing Optyca and seeing if I can certify a class action against it for consumer fraud. Anyone wishing to share their story can contact me at info@andantelaw.com. -Dan Garrison

kristinak2
9/25/13

Order #26085- Stay away from this company! You will never get a refund. I ordered a pair of Tiffany sunglasses in black. I received them in brown, and then decided to return them rather than exchange them. When preparing the return, I then was informed that there would be a 20% restocking charge. I attempted to contact the company by email, asking that the 20% be waived due to their error. They avoided my question and only addressed an exchange. To this day, I have received no money back and multiple attempts to contact the company have been ignored. I have now opened up a dispute via my credit card company.

angelah20
8/16/13

ORDER # 25028. Buyers proceed with caution. I think I may have made a rookie mistake with this one in not carefully going through all of the reviews and doing thorough research. I do 90% of my shopping online and have for years so shame on me. Honestly, there are always one or two reviews that are negative so it is always a judgment call. However, I also did not test the customer service number, email response time, BBB rating or check the physical address. At this point I am extremely frustrated with this company. I placed my order on June 20th. When I was checking my online statement and noticed my card was charged and did some more in depth research on the company online which made some bells go off. In not being able to reach them by phone for a couple of days always puts me in to voice mail, I sent an email inquiry on the 29th as it was noted on their outgoing message that faster response times were to be had via that channel. I noted my concerns and politely requested clarification on when I should receive my glasses given the fact I saw a response from Optyca to a negative review stating they did not charge before shipment. After following up with a phone call two business days from original send I received a very polite repose apologizing for the delay which noted that the phone system had been down, they were working through large amounts of email and my glasses were in the lab and should ship soon. The response did not address the screen shot showing the response that customers would not be charged before shipment, not did it really address the specific timeframe. My follow on inquiry for specific shipping timeframe has remained unanswered since the July 4th. As have my additional two follow up emails and my three voicemails no matter when I call during business hours it goes in to vm. In my written and voice mail follow up today I communicated that I expect to receive clarification on when I should expect to receive my shipment by close of business tomorrow or I will trigger actions accordingly with the assumption they are not a legitimate business. I do not have the time or patience to do business with anyone that cannot be bothered to respond in 72 hours, much less a week. So, at this time I cannot recommend as it is not clear if I am being bamboozled or if they are just overwhelmed. I will update my review accordingly should things turn around as well post updates as this plays out.

UPDATE: As you can see from my comments I received the requested specific detail on when my order would ship 2 weeks after initally requesting this information. I never received a call back or was able to reach a person live. Since they actually delivered my glasses I have bumped my rating to 3 as they delivered what I paid for. However, their customer service is far below average in regard to response times as I am sure you gathered from the overall review - 1 star rating here.This the first time I had to ever threaten a vendor with dispute to get a clear answer. It is a shame as if I had received a more specific answer to my initial inquiry or delivery within expected timeline, this would have been a much different review. Hopefully Optyca will take this feedback to heart and make some changes which will allow them to grow their business before the negative feedback overtakes them.

jeremym28
8/12/13

Product exactly the same as described, including the certification of the brand. My order came in quick, and the item was even more beautiful in person and the quality of this pair of eyeglasses is superb; needless to say, I am happy and keeping it!

katrinag
8/12/13

If I could give them one star I would. On July 1, 2013 I ordered 2 pair of sunglasses from Optyca.com. THe transaction went through and I saw that the money had been withdrawn from my bank account. After a few days the money was re-deposited into my bank account, so I thought that the order had been canceled. On 7.23.2013 I got an email stating that my order had gotten a tracking label from USPS. On 7/24/2013 the money was withdrawn from my bank account again.
I FINALLY received one pair of the glasses on August 8, 2013. I have not been able to reach ANYONE since then about the second more expensive pair, and the reviews online lead me to believe that I may never reach a human at optyca.com

monaj1
8/5/13

Excellent service. The glasses arrived in their original case with authenticity certificate. No problem.

johnj96
7/30/13

Stay away from this company. I ordered a pair of glasses. They were backordered (read the other posts -- this is their way of doing business). Then after waiting some time, I decided to cancel the order. They didn't give me a refund. I called back twice. They were dismissive and told me to wait my turn on the refund list. Get this: then after some weeks they sent the glasses and tried to claim that my credit card complaint was not valid. These guys are scam artists.

vanessam11
7/26/13

Excellent Service! Placed my order on the 20th of June. Today is the 26th of July and I have my glasses already, and I would have had them yesterday even, but didnt have time to pick up the package. The thing is I was waiting for it to arrive next week. Quite impressive for me. And I got exactly what I ordered, so I am extremly happy. Plus - much better price than in retail stores! i wanted to buy them in Soho and the price was about 300$ /:) I am already thinking about Christmas gifts

kristenm9
7/26/13

I emailed ahead as a follow up because was concerned about delivery time, the response was quick and action was taken - very much appreciate!

danielb74
7/25/13

It arrived way before I expected it. The sunglasses were of amazing quality and much better than I anticipated. They also passed as not being fake so the seller is honest. I would highly recommend this site!

joycep8
7/25/13

My daughter saw these glasses at our local optical and they were double the price. We received these and they are exactly the same. The lenses are free due to insurance so it worked out perfectly. Thank You optyca!

jakem46
7/23/13

I am very pleased with optycas's customer service. They were patient, understanding, and flexible when I asked if they could alter my order on a pair of sunglasses to match my prescription. The order arrived on time (actually a day earlier) and was exactly how it was described. Thanks again guys!

rachelk12
7/23/13

I am incredibly impressed and pleased with my service from optyca. I ordered frames and they were on my doorstep four days later. I was not expecting them to arrive so soon. The Tiffany & co frames are exactly what I expected. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to purchase quality frames at a fantastic price. Thank you so much optyca!

renatar
7/23/13

Jenny was my customer service rep, excellent assistance! She even took the time with an additional inquiry and found me a huge savings on the prescription lenses! I def plan on using this site again in the future and for my kids.

kristinl5
7/23/13

Even tho it took a little longer then expected (although well within the allotted time frame) for the package to arrive. From the date of purchase, the package took 8 business days and was sent from NYC to Washington DC. As for the product, it was perfect and exactly as described. It was also securely packed for safe shipping with all original documentation and with a protective sunglass case.

mikem140
7/22/13

I ordered glasses they charge my card immediately, they never sent glasses over 2 monthes. i cancel my order and they refuse to refund my money. said you can try to file a claim with your credit card. won't reply to any more emails wont answer phone.

kellyl18
7/22/13

I am very pleased with the customer service, as well as the Bvlgari frames I ordered! The frames I ordered were being discontinued in the US, and I was starting to think I'd never find them again but optyca was able to order a pair straight from Italy for me! I am thankful and happy. :)

orlandot11
7/22/13

Great product and arrived right on time. The lenses are very clear, doesnt protect much when the sun is out but very stylish. Will def buy from this site again!

timothyr7
7/22/13

Authentic product at an amazing price; arrived a day early; great experience; full five stars and worth every last one. 'enough said.

jessicad9
7/21/13

I ordered a frame from Opyca on or about 6/30/13. After over a week of not being able to get a response to emails as well as phone messages I became alarmed: My credit card had been charged immediately for the full price. I checked other reviews on SiteJabber and found that several people were having the exact problem. After about 2 weeks of no communication I had the sale canceled through my credit card company. On 7/18/13 my frames came in the mail. They are, I believe, authentic, and as described. I will now contact my credit card company and withdraw the complaint.
I cannot recommend this company. Lack of communication on their part led to my experiencing way to much hassle to make this price savings worthwhile.

rodolfos6
7/19/13

Delivery was on time and shades exactly as described. Included certificate of authenticity and all the markings of a genuine gucci item, also came with a cleaning spray that says optyca on it, thats a pretty cool gift.

Questions? Get answers from the Optyca staff and other customers.

Optyca?