Opodo

Opodo has a consumer rating of 1.11 stars from 326 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Opodo also ranks 154th among Car Rental sites. The most common issues with Opodo are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 3.2%

No positive highlights yet

• The so called customer service staff then give you the run around absolutely heartless and dishonest .
  • Our flight to Brisbane was booked via Opodo some months ago.
How would you rate Opodo?

“Quick refund within free-cancellation period”

Tom B.
1/10/20

I cancelled my booking within the 7-hour free-cancellation period that my flight had when I realized I need a different flight plan. Opodo refunded my money to the penny within 3 working days (only downside is that since my account is not in GBP I got screwed on the exchange rate, but that's my bank screwing me, not Opodo). One weird thing is that I still keep getting emails as if my booking was still confirmed and even when I log in to Opodo's site to manage my booking it still appears to be confirmed, only thing indicating a refund is that in the "Billing" section, the mentioned total is "Total: £0.00 Congrats! That's an amazing deal". Aside from this confusion, really good service.

“Pay more to get less”

Maurizio S.
3/1/20

If you want to get less than what you pay for book Opodo! Their customer service is not worth a nickle. When you call their number nobody picks up the phone. When you try to handle it via their internet site - they tell you to call a number and so it goes in circles. I cannot recommend this platform to anyone. Should you however choose to use them anyways make sure to carefully read their conditions first. You are in for more bad surprises if you don't.

customer service (90) flight (224) 24 hours (23) credit card (27) refund (120) booking (113) confirmation email (15) airline (87) email address (9) 2 hours (18) money (104) flights (84)
heatherm165
May 20th, 2017
Be aware of the service charge. Before you book the flight, click on "price breakdown" . Otherwise it is easy to miss, unlike the credit card fee, which is shown in a box you have to click to proceed.
I was confused when i simultaneously received a flight confirmation and a flight denial due to a credit card issue. I called the help centre to make sure the flight was actually booked. The wait time on the phone drove me almost insane and made me incredibly rude to the service person . which i feel bad about in hindsight.
When i had a question about the cost breakdown, i wrote via email. They surprisingly answered right away, although it took a few emails to get the information straight.
opodoi
Opodo I. – Opodo Rep
Hi Heather.

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate the importance of cost and work very hard to provide our customers with the best available price. However, prices do vary and fluctuate depending on the market due numerous reasons like currencies, airline offers and availability. In any event, thanks for booking with us and we hope you enjoyed your trip!

James - Customer Care
mm116
February 25th, 2015
Do not trust Opodo! I was purchasing a ticket to Spain through Opodo. until the very last stage in the booking and payment process, the final price I was to be charged with was written but when I gave my credit card data and purchased the ticket, an extra ~25% was charged from my card! So I contacted Opodo and explained the situation and they said that this has happened a couple of times before and that they would investigate the case and get back to me. However, even though I called them 3 times after that, they never got back to me with an explanation nor did they reimburse me. I will never purchase a ticket through Opodo again and I suggest that you do the same as the customer service is horrible!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT TRUST OPODO

laureng27
April 27th, 2015
needs more fire and stuff but yeah not bad, keep going guys. you can do it

Guys, it would only cost you about £40 to take them to small claims court. Dont just take the loss, these people need to be held to account. Id also contact Rip Off Britain to get a programme made about their tactics

By Heth E.
See more answers (8)

You can complain all you like but once they have your money they dont give a tinkers cuss. Best form of complaint is social media like this site and face book.

By Christopher F.

Hi Anastasia. Our apologies for the delay to respond. Yes you can give us a call from anywhere on +34 934 920 533 or you can provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into the matter. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

See more answers (2)

Hi Antony. Our apologies for the delay to respond. We are sorry to have read about your customer experience. Please provide us your booking reference and a short message via this link at the end of this message and we would be happy to look into your concerns. https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u James Customer Care

See more answers (2)

Hi Darrel, Thank you for your question. If you already have an existing booking, please send us your query via the following link: https://socialcare.opodo.com/en/support/login One of our agents will look into your reservation and advise you accordingly. Kind Regards, Amy - Customer Care

By Opodo I.,

Hello Saleh, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Glenda, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Sue, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can assist further: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Andrea, Can you please send us your booking reference using the link below so we can look into this further for you: https://tinyurl.com/ka77d8u Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Hello Kayleigh, We can see that your query was already answered through the call centre. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us. Best regards, Christos - Customer care.

By Opodo I.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Opodo staff and other customers.

Search and compare cheap holidays on Opodo UK, featuring great deals on flights, hotels and car hire in all your favourite destinations worldwide. Book now!

opodoi
Opodo I.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Opodo?

Have a question about Opodo?